Total votes: 10
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 459
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Re: Philosophy Mafia 2: Electric Boogaloo

Post by Marmot »

Esooa wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:01 pm @Marmot why'd you not respond to what I @d you with

actually marmot is my biggest wolf read btw

orly?

I missed it somehow because I was catching up at various parts of the thread. Why am I your biggest wolfread? What is you specific question?

Banners and Stuff
Spoiler: show
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

To break down JJJ's wagon a little bit more, here's what the poll looked like at XX:47.

6 - anne --- Master Radishes, falcon45ca, NotAnAxehole, JaggedJimmyJay, nutella, DrWilgy
6 - DrWilgy --- staypositivefriend, NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME, cassandra, leetic, Lime Coke, ilario
1 - JaggedJimmyJay --- iiafr
1 - Master Radishes --- Marmot
1 - NotAnAxehole --- nutella
1 - Dyslexicon --- MacDougall
1 - sleep --- Dyslexicon

There's observations about

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Did not mean to submit that lol

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 204

Post by MacDougall »

mac wagon is stale
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

fart
leetic
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 299
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Oricorio

Post by leetic »

I'll do a trustfall exercise, stating my biggest reason(s) for townreading each slot:

anne: Jay preferred her over Wilgy and Axehole to die, and since he seemed unconcerned with them dying a team of all four seems very unlikely
cassandra: Main reason Jay died, progression is similar to mine and ilario's
DrWilgy: Jay seemed unconcerned with the possibility of him dying, MR is a decent shot, has been at least stepping up his effort this phase
Dyslexicon: Um, has at least voiced some suspicion of nutella, who I think is scum?
Esooa: Seemed unfamiliar with game mechanics when she first posted, she may have been more caught up if she was in wolfchat
falcon45ca: Cleared by Mac in what I think is too much of a gambit to be w/w
iaafr: Ballsy vanilla claim, may have been unlikely to take off Jay vote at EoD if he knew Jay was scum
ilario: Is mod confirmed town to me
Lime Coke: Good looking EoD, similar progression to me and ilario
MacDougall: Would have probably used his clear earlier if scum, decent looking Jay interactions
NotAnAxehole: Jay seemed unconcerned with the possibility of him dying, 640 seems like it'd be too obvious for a partner interaction, hunting for a team of 3 rather than 4 may be a derpclear
nutella: Some of her EoD posts concerning iaafr would look weird if anne flips town, which seems likely
staypositivefriend: Did end up voting JJJ, has a somewhat similar progression as me and ilario

Overall, I think it says something how little reason I have to townread Dyslexicon
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

tfw you're not even worth a trustfall read from leetic :<

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

Damn, forgot Marmot

Marmot: Good looking effort, scum would be unlikely to make that claim as they wouldn't want town to know that they settle ties
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I want to go on record and say I was never suspicious of leetic
iaafr
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 371
Preferred Pronouns: any/especially "big chungus iaafr"

Post by iaafr »

by my own meta, hopping off of jay isn't quite as town indicative as the fact that i hopped on/off anne/jay twice before people were calling for jay cfd and while it was unclear jay was going to be in contention at all (its pretty anti wincon to put the name in peoples heads at that point if im not determined already to bus earlier than that)
staypositivefriend
Hitman
Posts in topic: 320
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by staypositivefriend »

Marmot wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:50 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:53 pm
nutella wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:40 pm i will probably scumread jay on d1 and then decide he's in town meta on d2

the inverse of silverkeith
this post pinged me because it's the type of post that i would make as a wolf that wants to contribute to the ongoing conversation about jagged's alignment without having any specific observations to make - it's a very filler post, which is totally fine, but it just felt a little awkward for nutella to sit out of the conversation about jay's alignment while still somewhat involving herself in it
nutella wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:03 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:50 pm Just so we're clear what's happening here i already gave my three and a half reads and now I'm going to shit post until I cap myself and come back 10-15 minutes before eod to naked vote and be sheeped and we may or may not hit mafia but it'll be worth it for the experience and the memories
this is performative

might loop back to being towny but im not sure
im also a little concerned on how nutella went from: "this post from nanook is performative but maybe in a towny way" to putting nanook in her "Bad Vibes" tier on #266, and her push on cassandra on #316 pinged me when i was catching up as well. i do think that nutella is playing closer to her scum game than her town game so far and i guess i want to make that known, but if she is town then im pretty confident ill find her
staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:31 am
nutella wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:27 am
staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:14 am
nutella wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:54 am i think youre oversimplifying my reads, to me there was more nuance between these but maybe it wasn't clear, like the first nanook comment was a net negative albeit light, and you're renaming my meh tier to bad tier to exaggerate a perceived discrepancy which in my pov wasn't a discrepancy at all? i'm almost concerned that you're trying to paint my progression as less consistent than it truly was in the posts that are right there that you can read

yeah the more i think about it the more thats classic scum spf narrative tweaking
to be clear, i don't think there's a discrepancy in your progression on nanook - i just felt that your progression on him was a little underdeveloped/unclear

it is usually very easy to understand how your reads shift from point A to point B when youre town, whereas your reasoning to put nanook in your "meh" tier seemed more opaque, which made me worried that you were just going through the motions of having a progression instead of organically coming up with one, if you get me. i would actually find it helpful if you talked about your thoughts on nanook a little bit more (and ftr some of your posts on this page are making me wonder if youre just town)

also the renaming of the "meh" tier wasnt intentional but that probably is something i would do as mafia
i don't really know what to do with this high-volume form of nanook and there are ways i can read his performativity as town indicative, maybe even more likely so. the post about planning to hit postcap and drop off pinged me as something wolf nook might want to do as a kind of defense mechanism (use up posts and take himself off the table in a way). idk. i think he's using the posts well so far and not just spamming, and i liked that he picked up on jay's vibes being off, even if i don't agree with how hard he's pushing it since jay's vibes tend to be off d1 ime. like i don't think jay is seen as a mischop in general but it's conceivable to push him d1? idk i don't actually see the permutation of wolf nook and town jay here making sense. conceivably nook could be hellbussing jay as w/w for fun and profit but i think it's more likely nook is simply town who truly feels bad vibes from jay
okay thanks, i like this post
staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:01 pm
cassandra wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:34 pm I'm squinting at both JJJ and Mac.
can you talk about your read on JJJ a bit more? i know youve mentioned that you felt that he has been "off" in some way (and i actually think that marmot nailed the description of why it might feel that way, because it is true that JJJ is focused more on posting individual observations than he is on dialoguing directly with other players), but im not sure if him being "off" is a reason to wolfread him within itself. im having a hard time getting a grasp on JJJ in this game in general, so i wanna talk about him more
staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:07 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:59 pm I'm a bit torn on the rodent from the PNW. Holistically, I think his posts look fine -- his hunt seems to be organized in a way that recalls some of his other recent town efforts reasonably well. Conversely I sensed some opportunism in his treatment of me (e.g. suggesting I changed my approach somehow after pressure). I grant there's personal bias in that. It'd help to get someone else's perspective about Marmot's view of me.
fwiw i thought that marmot's initial reasoning to scumread you was among some of the towniest stuff that he's posted, because he pinpointed a specific observation about you that i hadnt found a way to put into words yet, which indicates to me that marmot was putting genuine thought into his read on you. i thought the way that he treated you from there came off as a bit binary/maybe a bit too focused on keeping you in his POE, though
staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:01 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:05 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:46 pm Why is Nanook town
Perhaps a more productive way to frame this question:

What’s the fundamental difference with respect to interpreting alignment between Nanook and NAA in this Day 1?
the best answer i can give without going back to nanook's ISO is simply: "tone/motivation" - it felt like nanook had a drive to push his reads forward when he was posting earlier in the day, whereas it seems like NAA has lost that drive, even if i don't think that necessarily reflects on his alignment

i'm open to considering both NAA and nanook as wolves, but i suppose i'm looking for a reason to be suspicious of them that isn't simply: "they aren't towny", and i don't feel like anyone has provided that type of reasoning yet

I would call spf compatible teammates with Jay based on these Day 1 posts. Spf made reads on several other players Day 1 for their reads on Jay, without contributing any such reads of his behavior of her own. This includes:

- A suspicion of nutella before backing off
- Asking cass about her opinion
- townread of Nanook
- townread of me

The closest she got to talking about it was acknowledging it in her conversation with cass, though spf offered no specific read of her own on him. My interpretation, spf was testing the waters to see if JJJ was in any danger, and how she should handle his slot.
@Marmot - i find it incredibly weird that you left out these posts from me:
staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:22 pm unfortunately i have also reached the conclusion that jagged might be a wolf, but not sure if i want to go there on d1
staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:31 pm i have gotten the impression that jagged is struggling to make more holistically focused posts - he posts a lot of observations that generally Sound Good, but i am finding it more difficult than usual to see how those observations inform and shape his worldview, and i feel like i am unable to see the gears moving in his brain in a similar way that ive seen them move in previous games. when im a wolf, i know that i struggle to make posts with a "wide" scope, and i have theorized that jagged is a wolf going through a similar struggle. i don't think he's the most optimal d1 chop, though
staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:57 pm [VOTE: jaggedjimmyjay] aubergine
it's just objectively incorrect to say that i didnt take a stance on jagged on my own - i outright called him a likely wolf and then explained why i thought he was a wolf, and THEN voted him. it's true that i didn't think he was a good d1 chop (which should be understandable), but your interpretation of my posts is just outright wrong
falcon45ca
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 107

Post by falcon45ca »

Who wants to hear something really cool?
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Marmot wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:20 pm tfw you're not even worth a trustfall read from leetic :<
usually that's a good thing
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Sorry spf, I searched your iso for "Jay" and "JJJ", it never occurred to me that I would miss other mentions.

Never mind then, I rescind for now, or at least pending the EOD chaos analysis I'm going through atm.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

staypositivefriend wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:23 pm
Marmot wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:50 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:53 pm
nutella wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:40 pm i will probably scumread jay on d1 and then decide he's in town meta on d2

the inverse of silverkeith
this post pinged me because it's the type of post that i would make as a wolf that wants to contribute to the ongoing conversation about jagged's alignment without having any specific observations to make - it's a very filler post, which is totally fine, but it just felt a little awkward for nutella to sit out of the conversation about jay's alignment while still somewhat involving herself in it
nutella wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:03 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:50 pm Just so we're clear what's happening here i already gave my three and a half reads and now I'm going to shit post until I cap myself and come back 10-15 minutes before eod to naked vote and be sheeped and we may or may not hit mafia but it'll be worth it for the experience and the memories
this is performative

might loop back to being towny but im not sure
im also a little concerned on how nutella went from: "this post from nanook is performative but maybe in a towny way" to putting nanook in her "Bad Vibes" tier on #266, and her push on cassandra on #316 pinged me when i was catching up as well. i do think that nutella is playing closer to her scum game than her town game so far and i guess i want to make that known, but if she is town then im pretty confident ill find her
staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:31 am
nutella wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:27 am
staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:14 am
nutella wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:54 am i think youre oversimplifying my reads, to me there was more nuance between these but maybe it wasn't clear, like the first nanook comment was a net negative albeit light, and you're renaming my meh tier to bad tier to exaggerate a perceived discrepancy which in my pov wasn't a discrepancy at all? i'm almost concerned that you're trying to paint my progression as less consistent than it truly was in the posts that are right there that you can read

yeah the more i think about it the more thats classic scum spf narrative tweaking
to be clear, i don't think there's a discrepancy in your progression on nanook - i just felt that your progression on him was a little underdeveloped/unclear

it is usually very easy to understand how your reads shift from point A to point B when youre town, whereas your reasoning to put nanook in your "meh" tier seemed more opaque, which made me worried that you were just going through the motions of having a progression instead of organically coming up with one, if you get me. i would actually find it helpful if you talked about your thoughts on nanook a little bit more (and ftr some of your posts on this page are making me wonder if youre just town)

also the renaming of the "meh" tier wasnt intentional but that probably is something i would do as mafia
i don't really know what to do with this high-volume form of nanook and there are ways i can read his performativity as town indicative, maybe even more likely so. the post about planning to hit postcap and drop off pinged me as something wolf nook might want to do as a kind of defense mechanism (use up posts and take himself off the table in a way). idk. i think he's using the posts well so far and not just spamming, and i liked that he picked up on jay's vibes being off, even if i don't agree with how hard he's pushing it since jay's vibes tend to be off d1 ime. like i don't think jay is seen as a mischop in general but it's conceivable to push him d1? idk i don't actually see the permutation of wolf nook and town jay here making sense. conceivably nook could be hellbussing jay as w/w for fun and profit but i think it's more likely nook is simply town who truly feels bad vibes from jay
okay thanks, i like this post
staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:01 pm
cassandra wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:34 pm I'm squinting at both JJJ and Mac.
can you talk about your read on JJJ a bit more? i know youve mentioned that you felt that he has been "off" in some way (and i actually think that marmot nailed the description of why it might feel that way, because it is true that JJJ is focused more on posting individual observations than he is on dialoguing directly with other players), but im not sure if him being "off" is a reason to wolfread him within itself. im having a hard time getting a grasp on JJJ in this game in general, so i wanna talk about him more
staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:07 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:59 pm I'm a bit torn on the rodent from the PNW. Holistically, I think his posts look fine -- his hunt seems to be organized in a way that recalls some of his other recent town efforts reasonably well. Conversely I sensed some opportunism in his treatment of me (e.g. suggesting I changed my approach somehow after pressure). I grant there's personal bias in that. It'd help to get someone else's perspective about Marmot's view of me.
fwiw i thought that marmot's initial reasoning to scumread you was among some of the towniest stuff that he's posted, because he pinpointed a specific observation about you that i hadnt found a way to put into words yet, which indicates to me that marmot was putting genuine thought into his read on you. i thought the way that he treated you from there came off as a bit binary/maybe a bit too focused on keeping you in his POE, though
staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:01 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:05 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:46 pm Why is Nanook town
Perhaps a more productive way to frame this question:

What’s the fundamental difference with respect to interpreting alignment between Nanook and NAA in this Day 1?
the best answer i can give without going back to nanook's ISO is simply: "tone/motivation" - it felt like nanook had a drive to push his reads forward when he was posting earlier in the day, whereas it seems like NAA has lost that drive, even if i don't think that necessarily reflects on his alignment

i'm open to considering both NAA and nanook as wolves, but i suppose i'm looking for a reason to be suspicious of them that isn't simply: "they aren't towny", and i don't feel like anyone has provided that type of reasoning yet

I would call spf compatible teammates with Jay based on these Day 1 posts. Spf made reads on several other players Day 1 for their reads on Jay, without contributing any such reads of his behavior of her own. This includes:

- A suspicion of nutella before backing off
- Asking cass about her opinion
- townread of Nanook
- townread of me

The closest she got to talking about it was acknowledging it in her conversation with cass, though spf offered no specific read of her own on him. My interpretation, spf was testing the waters to see if JJJ was in any danger, and how she should handle his slot.
@Marmot - i find it incredibly weird that you left out these posts from me:
staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:22 pm unfortunately i have also reached the conclusion that jagged might be a wolf, but not sure if i want to go there on d1
staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:31 pm i have gotten the impression that jagged is struggling to make more holistically focused posts - he posts a lot of observations that generally Sound Good, but i am finding it more difficult than usual to see how those observations inform and shape his worldview, and i feel like i am unable to see the gears moving in his brain in a similar way that ive seen them move in previous games. when im a wolf, i know that i struggle to make posts with a "wide" scope, and i have theorized that jagged is a wolf going through a similar struggle. i don't think he's the most optimal d1 chop, though
staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:57 pm [VOTE: jaggedjimmyjay] aubergine
it's just objectively incorrect to say that i didnt take a stance on jagged on my own - i outright called him a likely wolf and then explained why i thought he was a wolf, and THEN voted him. it's true that i didn't think he was a good d1 chop (which should be understandable), but your interpretation of my posts is just outright wrong
alright fine
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

[VOTE: iaafr] aubergine
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Native to Europe, rabbits were brought to Australia by the First Fleet as food animals, with the first feral rabbit populations recorded by the late 1820s. Later releases of rabbits for sport hunting dramatically increased the size of the feral rabbit population.

Today, rabbits are one of Australia's major agricultural and environmental pests, costing approximately $200 million annually.

Rabbits eat pasture and crops, compete with native animals, cause soil erosion, and prevent regeneration of native vegetation.

Introducing, keeping and selling rabbits in Queensland is illegal and penalties apply. Limited numbers of permits for domestic rabbits are available from Biosecurity Queensland for research purposes, public display, magic acts, and circuses. Before a permit is granted, guidelines must be met.

You can support a national rabbit mapping project by reporting rabbit populations.

If you have a pet rabbit, you can surrender it to the RSPCA or the Animal Welfare League who are permitted to rehome illegally kept rabbits interstate.

You must manage the impacts of rabbits on your land.

You must not move, keep, feed, give away, sell or release rabbits into the environment.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

@nutella either take your rabbit back to MU or he will be shot as per QLD law
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Some of you already know this, and were alerted as soon as it happened, so may as well catch everyone up to speed.

Mac & I are now Lovers.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Report rabbits

Council encourages the reporting of rabbits, including the presence of warrens as this information is used to determine the best location to implement management programs.

To report a rabbit, you can:

submit a feral animal sightings report
call Council on 07 3403 8888.
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

MacDougall wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:28 pm Native to Europe, rabbits were brought to Australia by the First Fleet as food animals, with the first feral rabbit populations recorded by the late 1820s. Later releases of rabbits for sport hunting dramatically increased the size of the feral rabbit population.

Today, rabbits are one of Australia's major agricultural and environmental pests, costing approximately $200 million annually.

Rabbits eat pasture and crops, compete with native animals, cause soil erosion, and prevent regeneration of native vegetation.

Introducing, keeping and selling rabbits in Queensland is illegal and penalties apply. Limited numbers of permits for domestic rabbits are available from Biosecurity Queensland for research purposes, public display, magic acts, and circuses. Before a permit is granted, guidelines must be met.

You can support a national rabbit mapping project by reporting rabbit populations.

If you have a pet rabbit, you can surrender it to the RSPCA or the Animal Welfare League who are permitted to rehome illegally kept rabbits interstate.

You must manage the impacts of rabbits on your land.

You must not move, keep, feed, give away, sell or release rabbits into the environment.
$220M annually?

Pffffft, I wreck that shit on a Tuesday
iaafr
Racketeer

Post by iaafr »

Sensitivity

Rabbits are incredibly sensitive animals. As their little noses twitch, they are processing up 20 times the scents that we are. In addition, their big ears are designed to pick up on a variety of sounds in their environment, mainly from predators. Where we can hear between 64 hertz and 23,000 hertz, bunnies can hear in a range of 360 hertz to 42,000 hertz. Furthermore, rabbits’ big round eyes can see in practically every direction at once.

Because of this, the rabbit is a symbol of sensitivity.

If a rabbit suddenly crosses your path and makes themselves known to you, it can be a reminder to make sure you’re not becoming too desensitized. In many ways, we live in a cultural that is intent on numbing us out. Food, alcohol, TV, sleep aids, shopping – all of these activities can cause us to lose touch with our sensitivities and even psychic abilities. While being sensitive can hurt, like the rabbit, we have our senses for a reason. They are our gifts.

If you are person who already knows the rabbit is your spirit animal, you are likely an extremely sensitive person. While this sensitivity may feel like a burden at times, it’s important to remember that it is indeed a gift. There is a lack of empathy and awareness in the world. And many people are disconnected from other, from nature, and from their spiritual existence. Sensitive people are the antidote. We keep the world from going too far off the rails.

Gentleness

Bunnies are herbivores who enjoy munching on clover, grasses, wildflowers, and other plants. A gentle creature, the bunny is the polar opposite of predators like the crocodile or shark.

As a symbol of gentleness, the rabbit reminds us to handle others with empathy and compassion. Everyone has battles to fight on their soul’s journey. The rabbit spirit animals says – Go easy.

At the same time, the rabbit reminds us to also treat ourselves gently. Be careful about engaging in negative self-talk and other behaviors that inflict self-harm.

Fertility

Many of us have heard the phrase “breeding like rabbits.” Indeed, the rabbit is a long-standing symbol of fertility. They get this reputation for a few reasons. One, a rabbit can begin having babies when they’re as young as two months old. And two, they have a gestation period that’s around 27 days. So, a female rabbit can have several litters per year. In addition, male rabbits are not monogamous, so they do as much cavorting as they want, increasing the odds that more female bunnies get pregnant.

So, if you’re looking for a symbol of fertility, the rabbit is your guy or girl! (The frog is pretty prolific too.)

If you’re hoping to have your own baby or babies, or even thinking of expanding your family through fostering or adoption, including the happy-go-lucky rabbit in your visualizations can put you in the right mindset.

In addition to having babies, the idea of fertility can also expand in scope to the concept of abundance and other areas of your life that would like to see expand. This might include your finances, creative ideas, dating prospects, a garden, or a new business.

If a rabbit makes themselves known to you, think about the areas of your life that you would like to see grow and send a prayer to your Higher Power or the Universe to make it happen.

Haste

As you may recall in the story Alice in Wonderland, when Alice comes across a white rabbit, he’s in a hurry, claiming, “I’m late, I’m late! For a very important date!”

While the rabbit may not be made for running long distances like the caribou or cheetah, they know how to sprint when they need to. In fact, when a rabbit enters an open clearing where prey might be able to spot them, they instinctively have an exit plan for where they can bolt if necessary. This is inevitably where the saying, “Hop to it!” comes from when someone (usually your parents or a boss) wants you to get a move on.

The rabbit’s ability to get out of a situation with lightning speed is why they are also symbols of haste. A jack rabbit may not be able to outdistance a coyote or a wolf, but they can outmaneuver them.

When the rabbit is your spirit animal, you are the type of person who can go from 0 to 60 in lightning speed. You have the power of quick thinking and fast action on your side. While this quality can be a gift, it can also be a negative, as in being too hasty. In the story The Tortoise and the Hare, the hare was fast but overly confident about his ability to be the first at the finish line.

The speedy rabbit reminds you to be careful in your endeavors because haste can make waste.

New Beginnings

In springtime, the Earth renews itself and the world is full of new life, including baby bunnies. Rabbits generally start breeding in February or March, so a lot of baby rabbits are born as spring flowers are beginning to bloom.

As they are associated with fertility and springtime, the rabbit is also a symbol of renewal and new beginnings.

The rabbit as a symbol of springtime, renewal, and fertility predates the written word. However, many of us still honor the rabbit as a symbol of new beginnings every year on Easter when the Easter Bunny pays a visit.

So, the rabbit is a positive sign for a new beginning in your life or the opportunity to start fresh.

The Moon

As you’ll read more about in the section on mythology below, in many cultures the rabbit or hare is closely associated with the moon, especially the new moon.

When people from a number of different ancient cultures gazed at the full moon, they saw in the shadows of moon’s craters a shape that looked like a rabbit. In addition, they associated the moon’s 28 day cycle with women’s fertility as they saw the rabbit as a symbol of fertility.

Good Luck

Most likely because they are associated with fertility, abundance, and new beginnings, the rabbit and hare are also symbols of good luck. In fact, at the turn of the century in England, the tradition of saying, “Rabbit, rabbit, rabbit” on the first day of a new month was said to bring good luck.
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

I actually have 2 pet rabbits, and they're cute AF, tho I still make jokes about cooking them in a stew on the daily
iaafr
Racketeer

Post by iaafr »

[VOTE: iaafr] aubergine
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 69

Post by DrWilgy »

leetic wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:25 pm Still don't think anne's scum, if Wilgy or Axehole flips bad I might consider it but for now there are much better actions

Not really buying the case on Mac right now either
For Anne to be scum I'm pretty sure I have to be as well. I know that is not the case, but can attempt to view from an outside perspective and still don't see that as the case.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
iaafr
Racketeer

Post by iaafr »

DrWilgy wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:33 pm
leetic wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:25 pm Still don't think anne's scum, if Wilgy or Axehole flips bad I might consider it but for now there are much better actions

For Anne to be scum I'm pretty sure I have to be as well. I know that is not the case, but can attempt to view from an outside perspective and still don't see that as the case.
explain why your town alignment confirms anne's? i am missing this logic entirely (may have missed the posts, sorry)
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

staypositivefriend
Hitman

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:01 pm
cassandra wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:57 pm anne can you put on an avatar
Hello cassandra. I think you're the only person here I haven't played with or at least had ~Mafia conversations~ with (iaafr). So like, what are you about
this is a terrible read that u shouldnt listen to but i buy that this interaction is not W/W
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

falcon45ca wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:30 pm Some of you already know this, and were alerted as soon as it happened, so may as well catch everyone up to speed.

Mac & I are now Lovers.
yehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Lime Coke wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:57 pm
Esooa wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:55 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:53 pm
ilario wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:40 am
staypositivefriend wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:27 am
ilario wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:25 am But who am I misreading then 🥺
i dunno, what do ur reads currently look like? if you post a list of ur reads then ill tell you where i think youre most likely misreading or misclearing

it'll have to be tomorrow tho cause i should have gone to bed like an hour ago

Ummm I don’t think Alexa or lc ever busses jjj like that So they are town. I don’t think bunny hops off like that eod as mafia and gives up on easy towncred and when I was going over eod yesterday with leetic I found towny posts from iaafr and think he’s town.

Falcon is town regardless of macs alignment, I don’t think they’re scum together but I can see Mac using falcons inactivity and his habits of hard tunneling a read as someone who would be perfect to pocket and scumside while Mac just hides in scum chat manipulating him and talking about farts in the thread. I am somewhat exaggerating this scenario because of how annoying falcons read on me is lol and the fact that he just afks all game and decides as his only worthwhile contribution is to random tunnel me is just aggravating. I also think leetic mentioned somewhere that nook fossed Mac and the nook NK implies there’s probably Atleast one more syndicate regular in the scum team and Rn I think nutella is more towny than mac.

Anne I thought was town early on, read through her iso last night and still seemed fine to me. Idk if her interaction with jjj early game is a point in her favour or against her favour given that she is good at theatre as scum. Like I don’t get why she cares about jjjs read on her when they don’t have much experience together but other then that I think she’s been towny.

Naa won me over by his reaction to me today, but him only hunting for two scum when there’s 3 alive is a bit hmmmm

Leetic has a theory that Nutella might have tmi’d esooa as a partner but if that’s not the case then I can see a world where they’re both town. I had reservations about nutella after the flip yesterday but I think her posts today seem genuine and so do esooas and also I think if sloonei was maf with jjj d1 he would have Atleast made more of an effort. I get people can get busy irl but nobody is so busy that they can’t Atleast make a few decent posts. People don’t low post because they’re live is super busy, yes it plays a factor but if someone still cared about the outcome they’ll still put in some effort to post even if busy. I think sloonei would have felt as with jjj as his teammate. Also jjj made some post about saving his posts near eod to get to talk to sloonei and that didn’t feel partnery to me.

So yeah that leaves dizzy wilgy mac you even though you had posts I liked on d1 I also did find some stuff that felt off about u at times
agreed that alexa and LC are town

i agree that occam's razor points to falcon just being a villager, although im reluctant to clear him specifically because of mac's claim because mac has a recent history of hard shielding and hard defending one of his partners and trying to go to endgame from it (that game where he was wolf with kane and twice shrunk). even so, i agree that there's a higher probability that falcon is town than not

i think that you're clearing anne, NAA, and esooa too easily. do you have any reasons to townread anne beyond her being "fine"? i agree that some of her posts on d1 were towny, but we're at a stage of the game where that isn't a good enough reason to townread someone. i also don't agree with you that NAA's reaction was towny

also, i fundamentally disagree with your reasoning for townreading the esooa slot and i think it's a weird thing to read into. we know for a fact that sloonei was very busy IRL throughout d1, and i think it's weird to assume that he would have magically gotten more free time and ability to post if he had rand'd wolf with jagged - that doesn't seem like a reasonable or logical assumption to make, and i think it's the type of reasoning that will get you burned incredibly easily. i also think that esooa sounds tonally stiff in a way that i have NEVER seen from her in a mafia game before, so i'm not sure what to do with that
how am I tonally stiff
😳
*Concern*
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

iaafr wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:33 pm [VOTE: iaafr] aubergine
good vote tbh
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

MacDougall wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:36 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:30 pm Some of you already know this, and were alerted as soon as it happened, so may as well catch everyone up to speed.

Mac & I are now Lovers.
yehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
It appears to have had less thread impact than we expected
iaafr
Racketeer

Post by iaafr »

you're a sacrifice im willing to make, falco

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

DrWilgy wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:36 pm
ilario wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:25 am But who am I misreading then 🥺
i dunno, what do ur reads currently look like? if you post a list of ur reads then ill tell you where i think youre most likely misreading or misclearing

Ummm I don’t think Alexa or lc ever busses jjj like that So they are town. I don’t think bunny hops off like that eod as mafia and gives up on easy towncred and when I was going over eod yesterday with leetic I found towny posts from iaafr and think he’s town.

Falcon is town regardless of macs alignment, I don’t think they’re scum together but I can see Mac using falcons inactivity and his habits of hard tunneling a read as someone who would be perfect to pocket and scumside while Mac just hides in scum chat manipulating him and talking about farts in the thread. I am somewhat exaggerating this scenario because of how annoying falcons read on me is lol and the fact that he just afks all game and decides as his only worthwhile contribution is to random tunnel me is just aggravating. I also think leetic mentioned somewhere that nook fossed Mac and the nook NK implies there’s probably Atleast one more syndicate regular in the scum team and Rn I think nutella is more towny than mac.

Anne I thought was town early on, read through her iso last night and still seemed fine to me. Idk if her interaction with jjj early game is a point in her favour or against her favour given that she is good at theatre as scum. Like I don’t get why she cares about jjjs read on her when they don’t have much experience together but other then that I think she’s been towny.

Naa won me over by his reaction to me today, but him only hunting for two scum when there’s 3 alive is a bit hmmmm

Leetic has a theory that Nutella might have tmi’d esooa as a partner but if that’s not the case then I can see a world where they’re both town. I had reservations about nutella after the flip yesterday but I think her posts today seem genuine and so do esooas and also I think if sloonei was maf with jjj d1 he would have Atleast made more of an effort. I get people can get busy irl but nobody is so busy that they can’t Atleast make a few decent posts. People don’t low post because they’re live is super busy, yes it plays a factor but if someone still cared about the outcome they’ll still put in some effort to post even if busy. I think sloonei would have felt as with jjj as his teammate. Also jjj made some post about saving his posts near eod to get to talk to sloonei and that didn’t feel partnery to me.

So yeah that leaves dizzy wilgy mac you even though you had posts I liked on d1 I also did find some stuff that felt off about u at times

i agree that occam's razor points to falcon just being a villager, although im reluctant to clear him specifically because of mac's claim because mac has a recent history of hard shielding and hard defending one of his partners and trying to go to endgame from it (that game where he was wolf with kane and twice shrunk). even so, i agree that there's a higher probability that falcon is town than not

i think that you're clearing anne, NAA, and esooa too easily. do you have any reasons to townread anne beyond her being "fine"? i agree that some of her posts on d1 were towny, but we're at a stage of the game where that isn't a good enough reason to townread someone. i also don't agree with you that NAA's reaction was towny

also, i fundamentally disagree with your reasoning for townreading the esooa slot and i think it's a weird thing to read into. we know for a fact that sloonei was very busy IRL throughout d1, and i think it's weird to assume that he would have magically gotten more free time and ability to post if he had rand'd wolf with jagged - that doesn't seem like a reasonable or logical assumption to make, and i think it's the type of reasoning that will get you burned incredibly easily. i also think that esooa sounds tonally stiff in a way that i have NEVER seen from her in a mafia game before, so i'm not sure what to do with that
how am I tonally stiff
😳
*Concern*
wilgy vote someone else
staypositivefriend
Hitman

NotAnAxehole wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:54 pm
cassandra wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:52 pm does anyone have a reason Jay could be town? or are we just sparing him because it's Jay? like i literally don't give an ef about that kinda thing and would vote him if it was a wagon option.
I refuse to vote Jay because he generally seems to be able to reason with me, which is pretty rare in forum mafia, so I can't be voting that D1 under any circumstances.
this reasoning from NAA strikes me as awkward in hindsight, just cause in the only game that i played with NAA, he incessantly hardtunneled on jagged for days on end and had no reservations about pushing him whatsoever lol
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

falcon45ca wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:37 pm

Mac & I are now Lovers.
yehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
give it time
Lime Coke
Hitman
Posts in topic: 340
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Aka: BradLand

Post by Lime Coke »

Wait so Illario and Leetic are both comprised of 1 slot,

And then Falcon and Macdougall are lovers?
Image Image ImageImageImageImage ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

iaafr wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:38 pm you're a sacrifice im willing to make, falco

yes you would want two town flips wouldn't you ... invasive pest much
iaafr
Racketeer

Post by iaafr »

we must kill them all the uphold the virtue of independent thinking
Esooa
Made Man
Posts in topic: 184
Preferred Pronouns: She/her

Post by Esooa »

staypositivefriend wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:38 pm
NotAnAxehole wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:54 pm
cassandra wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:52 pm does anyone have a reason Jay could be town? or are we just sparing him because it's Jay? like i literally don't give an ef about that kinda thing and would vote him if it was a wagon option.
I refuse to vote Jay because he generally seems to be able to reason with me, which is pretty rare in forum mafia, so I can't be voting that D1 under any circumstances.
this reasoning from NAA strikes me as awkward in hindsight, just cause in the only game that i played with NAA, he incessantly hardtunneled on jagged for days on end and had no reservations about pushing him whatsoever lol
yeah naas jjj read is really bad

everything else from him I'm fine with so far though
I’ll come clean team. I have failed you.
I never expected to survive the night. I was very confused about the char flip and I was on my way to a very hot date. We stayed overnight to celebrate my girl bday and vday weekend. Last thing in my mind was the game... I never submitted an action last night. :doh:
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

iaafr wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:34 pm

explain why your town alignment confirms anne's? i am missing this logic entirely (may have missed the posts, sorry)
We went from wagon Anne to wagon Jay when I was at 5 votes.

I see little reason why scum, if 2 scum buddies in Anne and Jay were in danger wouldn't have made me the yeet leader.
Image Image Image
iaafr
Racketeer

Post by iaafr »

DrWilgy wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:40 pm

I see little reason why scum, if 2 scum buddies in Anne and Jay were in danger wouldn't have made me the yeet leader.
if the team is, say, afk-at-eod mac, afk-at-eod anne, and widely suspected and ill-regarded NAA, it's not like scum really had the clout to do anything about anything that happened at EOD
iaafr
Racketeer

Post by iaafr »

iaafr wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:40 pm we must kill them all to uphold the virtue of independent thinking
ebwop

sigh i hate fucking up these posts
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

MacDougall wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:38 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:36 pm

how am I tonally stiff
😳
*Concern*
wilgy vote someone else
Sure thing dad.

[VOTE: Nutella] aubergine
Image Image Image
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

MacDougall wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:38 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:37 pm

Mac & I are now Lovers.
yehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
give it time
I am on my 3rd Monster Energy Drink, I'm less patient than normal
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:59 pm
leetic wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:54 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:52 pm I’m not sure any chop on the board is a bigger shrug than Wilgy. I have no read. Folks newer to him should be aware though that his general approach to this game isn’t atypical of what I know of DrWilgy. This is what he do
You're hedging on two potential wagons now. What is your GTH on Anne and Wilgy, and MR and Axehole for that matter?
nutella is right about hedging, at least in the current culture.

M, T, T, T gun to head
Jay is a smart enough player to know that this would look really bad on him if either Wilgy or Axehole flipped scum. I'd say that this is currently the strongest piece of evidence in their favors.
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

neat
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

[VOTE: NAA] aubergine
iaafr
Racketeer

Post by iaafr »

MacDougall wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:44 pmneat
bruh arent you townreading nutella
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

iaafr wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:41 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:40 pm

if the team is, say, afk-at-eod mac, afk-at-eod anne, and widely suspected and ill-regarded NAA, it's not like scum really had the clout to do anything about anything that happened at EOD
I suppose. I guess the thing is that I made it free.99 for scum to push me and don't feel like they did (even earlier in the phase for clarity), probably because they were just cool with Anne dying.
Image Image Image

Return to “Previous Rackets”