A Moon Shaped Pool
8%

Total votes: 39
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 1518

Re: Radiohead Mafia [DAY 2]

Post by MacDougall »

I've played a fair bit of video mafia with Nook and one thing that he does that tilts me all the time is he gets into these extended dialogues that, like the soup conversation, are he and some others (one or two) where they just go off on this stoner assed tangents and crack themselves up with how funny they are while also pretending it's game relevant formalling people and shit. Every time he does it it makes me want to scum read him. The problem is that I have only ever seen him do it as town.
staypositivefriend
Hitman
Posts in topic: 467
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Re: Radiohead Mafia [DAY 1]

Post by staypositivefriend »

staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:49 pm
Herm wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:02 pm
nutella wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:00 pm [VOTE: herm] aubergine

why do people townread this again?
You better explain why you scum read me.
wow this interaction is awkward as hell
the language from herm in this post is pretty strong. he seems insistent on getting nutella to explain her read. and then he drops it for the rest of the day and doesnt mention it or pressure nutella on it again. it's really weird
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:03 am
MacDougall wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:00 am I especially want people who aren't the town core that have clearly shared their reads to do this exercise too lol
If you wanted me to participate you made the wrong first group.
I just want your towniest and scummiest from each group. It really shouldn't be an issue.
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 579
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:03 am I've played a fair bit of video mafia with Nook and one thing that he does that tilts me all the time is he gets into these extended dialogues that, like the soup conversation, are he and some others (one or two) where they just go off on this stoner assed tangents and crack themselves up with how funny they are while also pretending it's game relevant formalling people and shit. Every time he does it it makes me want to scum read him. The problem is that I have only ever seen him do it as town.
Sometimes it is game relevant!
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I've watched you play champs and enjoyed it SPF but I gotta say it's nice to experience it first hand. You're enjoyable to socially deduce with.
Herm
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 309
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Herm »

Hally wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:00 am [VOTE: vote herm] aubergine

i’m sold
I probably should vote like this as well.

It's easier to keep track of votes like that. I tried to look through some of the voting history earlier, but I just voted in the poll.
Hally
alien shapeshifter
Posts in topic: 573
Preferred Pronouns: they/them

Post by Hally »

Herm wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:02 am Nutella seemed to give up on trying to lynch me when Alison started to call him/her out on it a bit, saying I was clearly town.
can someone verify this? i wonder if this indicates herm is town because nut got scared off from pushing him when alison told her no. if herm was scum too and it was just distancing, would nut care if alison objected?
ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image ImageImage
tutuu
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 964

Post by tutuu »

[VOTE: tim] aubergine
[VOTE: spf] aubergine

(sry im too tunneled i should be the only vote so it should be no trouble)
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Example of how this can go:

Zesta: "Fucked your sister fucked your sister fucked your sister"
Sparhawk: Awkwardly stares into the abyss
Nook: *pissing self laughing*
Some random: Oh wow Sparkhawk is lock mafia formal Sparhawk.
Nook: *wipes away tears* second Sparhawk
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:05 am I've watched you play champs and enjoyed it SPF but I gotta say it's nice to experience it first hand. You're enjoyable to socially deduce with.
she’s a joy isn’t she :D
Herm
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Herm »

Guys, if you want to ask questions I'm right here lol.
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 579
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:07 am Example of how this can go:

Zesta: "Fucked your sister fucked your sister fucked your sister"
Sparhawk: Awkwardly stares into the abyss
Nook: *pissing self laughing*
Some random: Oh wow Sparkhawk is lock mafia formal Sparhawk.
Nook: *wipes away tears* second Sparhawk
Seems accurate tbh
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Herm is playing too townie to yeet today probably. He looks compatible but he also just looks town when he posts.
Timsup2nothin
Veteran of 1000 Psychic Wars
Posts in topic: 799

Post by Timsup2nothin »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:04 am
MacDougall wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:00 am I especially want people who aren't the town core that have clearly shared their reads to do this exercise too lol
I just want your towniest and scummiest from each group. It really shouldn't be an issue.
The only scummy one in the first group, IMO, is me and I know that's just circumstances. At a stretch if I ignore some stuff and look at the not moving vote then I suppose Juliets. Alison obviously towniest.

Second group is full of wolves. I'd kill Sprit, Odd, or Herm out of hand. I guess Odd first. Town there I like Samu.

Third group despite it all I'm gonna stick with Tutuu as town, and since I'm not buying the "let's clear half a dozen people off Nutella spew wholesale" yet I'll stay with Ted as my favorite chop there.

If anything changes I'll let you know.
ImageImageImageImage
noted "I can't be fucking bothered" aficionado who dual wields the sword of contrarianism in one hand and a hot cheetos family bag in the other
staypositivefriend
Hitman

MacDougall wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:05 am I've watched you play champs and enjoyed it SPF but I gotta say it's nice to experience it first hand. You're enjoyable to socially deduce with.
likewise! i believe this is my first experience with you but i very much dig your playstyle
Hally wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:07 am
y'all are gonna make me blush
Hally wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:06 am
Herm wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:02 am Nutella seemed to give up on trying to lynch me when Alison started to call him/her out on it a bit, saying I was clearly town.
can someone verify this? i wonder if this indicates herm is town because nut got scared off from pushing him when alison told her no. if herm was scum too and it was just distancing, would nut care if alison objected?
it's partially true. this was nutella's reaction to alison tr'ing herm:
nutella wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:18 pm still not really feeling it re: herm but alison seems really confident
you could say that this is when nutella "stopped pushing" on herm, but she was never really pushing on him in the first place as much as she was very gently shading him
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Herm wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:10 am Guys, if you want to ask questions I'm right here lol.
Nah nah that's not how it works. You just have to do things and let me stare at you like you're a giraffe at the zoo.
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Herm wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:10 am Guys, if you want to ask questions I'm right here lol.
why did you make no attempt to pressure/question nutella about her read on you save for the one post that you made? how did her read on you change your perception of her? (iirc, you had her as a townread before she sr'd you)
Herm
Corrupt Union Official

Re: Radiohead Mafia [DAY 1]

Post by Herm »

nutella wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:18 pm still not really feeling it re: herm but alison seems really confident
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

More relevant...if a pack mate is getting protected by a towncore, wouldn't Nutella just shrug and walk away? I mean, that seems good enough to go do something else.
ImageImageImageImage
noted "I can't be fucking bothered" aficionado who dual wields the sword of contrarianism in one hand and a hot cheetos family bag in the other
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

staypositivefriend wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:12 am
likewise! i believe this is my first experience with you but i very much dig your playstyle
you could say that this is when nutella "stopped pushing" on herm, but she was never really pushing on him in the first place as much as she was very gently shading him
hm idk i can see that both ways. like i can see it as nut being scared off from pushing town!herm because alison objects or nut looking for an excuse to stop distancing from scum!herm and using alison as an out

how much pressure was nut under when she started pushing herm? if it was before she got a lot of heat, it’s probably less likely to be distancing. if it’s after she started getting voted it could be anti-spew maybe
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:12 am
Nah nah that's not how it works. You just have to do things and let me stare at you like you're a giraffe at the zoo.
Be careful, when you gaze into the giraffe the giraffe gazes back into you.

Wouldn't want your neck to get stretched.
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I don't understand this post Tim. What do you mean?
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

it’s probably mechanically correct to yeet within nook/sprit/jpic here just saying

exactly who depends on what they claim but again, it’s very unlikely they’re all town

i’m not sure how likely it is that more than one of them is scum though
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Hally wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:17 am
hm idk i can see that both ways. like i can see it as nut being scared off from pushing town!herm because alison objects or nut looking for an excuse to stop distancing from scum!herm and using alison as an out

how much pressure was nut under when she started pushing herm? if it was before she got a lot of heat, it’s probably less likely to be distancing. if it’s after she started getting voted it could be anti-spew maybe
I had Nutella as most likely chop pretty early. It was pretty clear none of the towncore was going to shield her, and none of the other possibilities had anyone on them that really seemed to have the combination of credibility and inclination to make a real push. I'd be reading Nutella as anti-spew very early assuming the wolves had someone who could read the room.
ImageImageImageImage
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:19 am
I don't understand this post Tim. What do you mean?
I mean the first group is loaded to confirm the answer you want. But I did play along, so all is well with the world.
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

/unvote Tim

[VOTE: Sprityo] aubergine
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Hally wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:17 am

this was on page 25 & it was before nutella had much pressure on her at all. i agree that it can be looked at either way, but i find the interactions peculiar because i don't get the sense from any of nutella's posts about herm that she actually wants herm to be lynched. she's very passive about her sr on herm and she makes zero attempt to explain the read to other people, which makes me wonder if her primary intent was to distance

i agree that herm isn't the scummiest person here though
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I stacked group one that way very on purpose Tim.
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:27 am I stacked group one that way very on purpose Tim.
I knew that. I just wonder what the purpose is. Now I wonder if I should have played along differently. But if I should have then you should have just ignored me, or snarled at me for tunneling you, or whatever.

Sorry.
ImageImageImageImage
staypositivefriend
Hitman

just iso'd spirit and he had zero direct interactions with nutella, lol. i also could not find a single post where nutella mentioned spirit's name
sprityo wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:00 pm
tutuu wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:42 am my ideal wagons are spf vs nutella vs juliets but its fine if u guys dont wanna wagon spf d1 i dont wanna insist
tutuu wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:46 am cant we like just vig JPIC or something (i still think he's town) instead of wasting a day of wagoning him idk

surely town has KP in a 22 player game so
tutuu wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:57 am u guys should know that spf is amazing as wolf. she is amazing as town too as proven by her champs games but on em she has like a 54% winrate as mafia last time i checked (which at least imo is huge, i have like 25% winrate as mafia, its rly hard to wolf in those setups) and i remember skimming a few of her games once and like, her tone, her emotions, everything, its all there. like if she is a wolf she wouldnt just roll over and die, just saying!
tutuu wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:04 am i think not wagoning JPC for 1 day to see if he gets vigged or poisoned or dayvigged has merits but dont wanna insist any more

at least nutella and spf and whoever else are gonna defend themselves and hvae reactions and talk and stuff

while JPIC wont talk, so using our yeet on him is like as if ... like u know ... waste opportuntity to make reads / day play, and ujst convert the yeet into a mechnical vig
tutuu wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:11 am
Justplayingitcool wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:10 am
tutuu wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:08 am
Justplayingitcool wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:05 am People say I have done scummy stuff when this is literally what I do as town
can you do something more?

can u empathize with other ppl who find it frustrating how much effort they're putting, while u dont put as much effort and u expect for ppl to correctly townread u?
I am very empathetic to the town cause. I’ve just been trying to have fun :pout:
and you made me laugh a lot and i appreciate it

but like multiple ppl have expressed that its not fun anymore, its like u repeat a joke for the 100th time and its not as funny as when u said it on the first time u know?

can u please try making a few reads?

what do u think about nutella and spf?
tutuu wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:18 am
Justplayingitcool wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:16 am
MacDougall wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:15 am Your opener wasn't NAI by my standards. It felt performative.
I was going to make that post regardless of alignment :shrug:
what are your reads on nutella and spf
tutuu wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:25 am Image
tutuu wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:33 am jpic is town jpic is town jpic is town jpic is town jpic is town jpic is town jpic is town jpic is town jpic is town jpic is town
tutuu wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:33 am spf is scum spf is scum spf is scum spf is scum spf is scum spf is scum spf is scum spf is scum spf is scum spf is scum spf is scum
tutuu wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:45 am
Alison wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:37 am
tutuu wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:33 am spf is scum spf is scum spf is scum spf is scum spf is scum spf is scum spf is scum spf is scum spf is scum spf is scum spf is scum
I have seen nothing from SPF recently that leaves me concerned. Why are you reading SPF as scum?
if i had a dayvig and i shot jpic rn and he flipped town would u still not scumread spf
tutuu wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:52 am well that was a while ago i decided to call u scum now cuz idk. i think jpic is town and u want my silly friend jpic dead and he town so maybe u mafia or somehging
tutuu wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:30 am [VOTE: timsup2nothing] aubergine

like. we should have more than 1 wagon
tutuu wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:38 am [VOTE: nutella] aubergine someone else push for a cw if u want
tutuu wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:03 pm Nut-chan can u leave a legacy readslist on all players no need for explanations just rank their nanes
So this whole interaction Tutuu has with JPIC, Nutella, and SPF really rubs me the wrong way.

Why is JPIC suddenly not mafia and suddenly town? He wasn't ever in trouble of getting lynched either as far as i can tell. then we have the transition of them trying to make Tim a counter wagon????
1. I dont think that wouldve ever happened.
2. Why suddenly do we need a counter wagon?

There has to be something alignment indicative within these posts. The way I see it is:

-JPIC is Town and trying to be pocketed by Tutuu for whatever reason
-SPF is Town or Mafia and just happens to be the target for that switch
-Nutella is Mafia with Tutuu and she does a halfhearted Counterwagon but doesnt want to try and get all of the people off of the huge wagon now formed. If it failed it would of course look bad. So she resign to "you should totally legacy read, sucks to be you"
-Nutella is Town and Tutuu is Mafia. Tutuu of course knows this and is trying to buy credit with the counter wagon attempt. "Aw man, I knew she was town" type of situation.

I dont think the last one is likely but I won't discount it.
this post would be notable if spirit actually took a stance on any of the possibilities instead of shrugging his shoulders
Herm
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Herm »

staypositivefriend wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:13 amwhy did you make no attempt to pressure/question nutella about her read on you save for the one post that you made?
I have to split this up, because my thoughts get jumbled up lol.

I thought she just found me to be scummy at first, and wanted to see why she voted to lynch me. I tend to have a strong tendency to be scumread, so it usually doesn't bother me.
how did her read on you change your perception of her? (iirc, you had her as a townread before she sr'd you)
I don't remember if I had a townread on her, but I definitely didn't scumread her. I trusted MacDougall and Alison the most on Day 1, and they had her as a top suspect. Since I didn't really have any strong scumreads, only a weak read on Nanook, I just let them handle all the dirty work.
staypositivefriend
Hitman

staypositivefriend wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:30 am just iso'd spirit and he had zero direct interactions with nutella, lol. i also could not find a single post where nutella mentioned spirit's name
sprityo wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:00 pm
tutuu wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:42 am my ideal wagons are spf vs nutella vs juliets but its fine if u guys dont wanna wagon spf d1 i dont wanna insist
tutuu wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:46 am cant we like just vig JPIC or something (i still think he's town) instead of wasting a day of wagoning him idk

surely town has KP in a 22 player game so
tutuu wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:57 am u guys should know that spf is amazing as wolf. she is amazing as town too as proven by her champs games but on em she has like a 54% winrate as mafia last time i checked (which at least imo is huge, i have like 25% winrate as mafia, its rly hard to wolf in those setups) and i remember skimming a few of her games once and like, her tone, her emotions, everything, its all there. like if she is a wolf she wouldnt just roll over and die, just saying!
tutuu wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:04 am i think not wagoning JPC for 1 day to see if he gets vigged or poisoned or dayvigged has merits but dont wanna insist any more

at least nutella and spf and whoever else are gonna defend themselves and hvae reactions and talk and stuff

while JPIC wont talk, so using our yeet on him is like as if ... like u know ... waste opportuntity to make reads / day play, and ujst convert the yeet into a mechnical vig
tutuu wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:11 am
Justplayingitcool wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:10 am
tutuu wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:08 am
Justplayingitcool wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:05 am People say I have done scummy stuff when this is literally what I do as town
can you do something more?

can u empathize with other ppl who find it frustrating how much effort they're putting, while u dont put as much effort and u expect for ppl to correctly townread u?
I am very empathetic to the town cause. I’ve just been trying to have fun :pout:
and you made me laugh a lot and i appreciate it

but like multiple ppl have expressed that its not fun anymore, its like u repeat a joke for the 100th time and its not as funny as when u said it on the first time u know?

can u please try making a few reads?

what do u think about nutella and spf?
tutuu wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:18 am
Justplayingitcool wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:16 am
MacDougall wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:15 am Your opener wasn't NAI by my standards. It felt performative.
I was going to make that post regardless of alignment :shrug:
what are your reads on nutella and spf
tutuu wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:25 am Image
tutuu wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:33 am jpic is town jpic is town jpic is town jpic is town jpic is town jpic is town jpic is town jpic is town jpic is town jpic is town
tutuu wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:45 am
Alison wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:37 am
I have seen nothing from SPF recently that leaves me concerned. Why are you reading SPF as scum?
if i had a dayvig and i shot jpic rn and he flipped town would u still not scumread spf
tutuu wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:52 am well that was a while ago i decided to call u scum now cuz idk. i think jpic is town and u want my silly friend jpic dead and he town so maybe u mafia or somehging
tutuu wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:30 am [VOTE: timsup2nothing] aubergine

like. we should have more than 1 wagon
tutuu wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:38 am [VOTE: nutella] aubergine someone else push for a cw if u want
tutuu wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:03 pm Nut-chan can u leave a legacy readslist on all players no need for explanations just rank their nanes
So this whole interaction Tutuu has with JPIC, Nutella, and SPF really rubs me the wrong way.

Why is JPIC suddenly not mafia and suddenly town? He wasn't ever in trouble of getting lynched either as far as i can tell. then we have the transition of them trying to make Tim a counter wagon????
1. I dont think that wouldve ever happened.
2. Why suddenly do we need a counter wagon?

There has to be something alignment indicative within these posts. The way I see it is:

-JPIC is Town and trying to be pocketed by Tutuu for whatever reason
-SPF is Town or Mafia and just happens to be the target for that switch
-Nutella is Mafia with Tutuu and she does a halfhearted Counterwagon but doesnt want to try and get all of the people off of the huge wagon now formed. If it failed it would of course look bad. So she resign to "you should totally legacy read, sucks to be you"
-Nutella is Town and Tutuu is Mafia. Tutuu of course knows this and is trying to buy credit with the counter wagon attempt. "Aw man, I knew she was town" type of situation.

I dont think the last one is likely but I won't discount it.
this post would be notable if spirit actually took a stance on any of the possibilities instead of shrugging his shoulders
i take this back - nutella did mention sprit a number of times, i was just reading his name as "spirit" lol
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

A'ight, I'm gonna take my condemned wolf ass off to a break, in hopes that I can come back and interact with some of the not currently here folk.
ImageImageImageImage
Herm
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Herm »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:19 am
MacDougall wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:12 am
Be careful, when you gaze into the giraffe the giraffe gazes back into you.

Wouldn't want your neck to get stretched.
Herm
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Herm »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:33 am A'ight, I'm gonna take my condemned wolf ass off to a break, in hopes that I can come back and interact with some of the not currently here folk.
CYA!
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Princess Nutella reached for her sheath and put her hand on the handle of her dagger. She pulled it out in an arc, producing a whistling sound in the air.

"How dare you betray me!" she yelled, as she lunged forward, intending to pierce through MacDougall's heart.

Her dagger penetrated through flesh and bones. Blood splattered everywhere.

Shocked, MacDougall came to his senses. He looked downward and he saw Nanook, collapsing on the ground, with a dagger sticking out from his chest. He grabbed the dying man as his tears started running down his cheeks.

"W-w-why ... Nanook ... why?! Please stay with me. You'll be okay ... We will call the apothecary ... you'll be fine ... please don't go!"

Nanook, coughing blood, gathered all his remaining strength to mutter one final thing. "MacDougall .... t-t-these are my final words .... I ... lo-" his eyes turned blank. He passed away.

MacDougall looked at Princess Nutella with fire in his eyes. He lunged forward with the full intent to kill. The last thing he saw were the armored gauntlets of the castle guards grabbing hold of him and knocking him out.

----

MacDougall slowly blinked. The darkness in front of him was starting to fade away. Along with it unfortunately the pain from his bruised face returned. He gasped.

"My own son... My own blood... What a disappointment" - said King JaggedJimmyJay, sitting on his giant golden throne, looking at Prince MacDougall with contempt. "I've given you everything you desire. All the fancy swords and lances, all the fastest horses in the West, all the riches our coffers can offer ... you know how much our kingdom needed that alliance. Your marriage with Princess Nutella was pivotal for the survival of our people. And you threw that away. Thousands of people will suffer as a result of your consequences. Do you have anything to say for yourself?"

Prince MacDougall remained silent. He was looking at his father's eyes, his eyes full of anger and hatred. His pride didn't allow him to utter a word.

"I thought so" said King JaggedJimmyJay with a sigh. "He needs to receive his punishment. Guards, throw him where I instructed you."

A sack was put over MacDougall's head, rendering him unable to see. He was roughly grabbed and forced to walk.

After some time the sack was pulled. The loud echo of a door being slammed was heart. Then, a key being turned, locking it. MacDougall looked around. He was alone in an empty room, dimly lit by the two torches at the sides of the door he came through.

There was a rusty sword, a battered axe, and a splintered old shield. Puzzled, MacDougall pulled out the sword. He remembered the great old days when he used to fence.

Suddenly, the rustling of chains and metal was heard. A large door on the other side of the room was being slowly lifted up. Underneath it, the blinding sunlight was being reflected by the golden sand. The cries of crowd cheering was heard all throughout the Arena. Three armed men were rushing out of the other doors being opened into the center. MacDougall slowly stepped forwad.

Timsup2nothing, a Retiarius gladiator, threw his net on one of his approaching opponents, sprityo, and hurled his trident at JPIC, the other one.

sprityo was caught in the net and stumbled and fell on the ground. He desperately tried to slash it open.

Meanwhile, JPIC ducked at the last moment and barely managed to dodge Tim's trident. He approached the now unarmed man with his Gladius. But coming from behind, MacDougall tripped him over and bashed his head, rendering him unconscious.

Tim picked up JPIC's weapon and slashed at MacDougall, intending to catch him offguard. However, sprityo who finally managed to set himself free, tackled Tim. The two men wrestled on the ground, blood and sand mixing up all around them. MacDougall approached, grabbed them both by their heads and bashed them against each other, rendering them unconscious.

The crowd roared. "BLOOD. BLOOD. BLOOD. BLOOD. BLOOD. BLOOD" they kept chanting. MacDougall looked around and saw his father, sitting at the center balcony. King JaggedJimmyJay stood up, looked around, and smiled. He put his hand forward and his thumb up. Then slowly rotated the hand downards, resulting in a thumbs down.

MacDougall knew how cruel and merciless his father was. He demanded that he killed one of the other fighters, and if he disobeyed, all would be dead instead.

Timsup2nothing, sprityo and JPIC were all lying unconscious in front of him. MacDougall picked up his sword and looked at it. He had to make a choice.

Which was the right choice? - he asked himself

TO BE CONTINUED
Herm
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Herm »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:11 am Herm is playing too townie to yeet today probably. He looks compatible but he also just looks town when he posts.
Urban Dictionary wrote:yeet
A word one may scream while propelling an object through the air at alarming speeds, heights, and etc.
"YEET!" Mei screamed, hurling the football at her catcaller's head.
Yes, don't yeet me.
Herm
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Herm »

Tutuu is the Princess Bride!
Oddmerta
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 393

Post by Oddmerta »

I'm voting for my scumreads, nobody has to join me if they don't want to

VOTE tim and spf
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

tutuu wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:56 pm block 1:
most towny alison
most scummy tim

block 2:
most towny hally
most scummy sprityo

block 3:
most towny macdougall
most scummy tutuu
The absolute consensus.

Which is strange considering I've felt Tutuu oppose me constantly.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I am wilding. SPF has multiple votes again.
Oddmerta
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Oddmerta »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:12 pm I have a role that visits people, I visited broseph, not getting more than that
I assume Broseph is MacDougall
MacDougall wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:54 pm Let's Have Some Fun

I want to play a game. In this game I'd like you to vote for one player from each of these blocs that you consider to be the most town player in the bloc and one that you consider the most scummy.

Rules:
Three blocs of 7.
This is not binding to a vote. It's just a reads exercise.

Bloc 1

Alison
Colin
Dyachei
Juliets
Long Con
Tim
Master Radishes

Bloc 2

Hally
DrWilgy
Dyslexicon
Oddmerta
Samu
Herm
Sprityo

Bloc 3

SPF
Mac
Tedxtr
Tutuu
JPIC
Nook
Poison Chan
Towns 1 Alison 2 If not me then Hally 3 Mac

Scums 1 tim 2 Spirit 3 spf
Oddmerta
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Oddmerta »

[mention]tutuu[/mention] if you really suspected me to be 3p then wouldn't you vote for me in case of shenanigans?

You secretly think I'm town
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Oddmerta wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:12 am @tutuu if you really suspected me to be 3p then wouldn't you vote for me in case of shenanigans?

You secretly think I'm town
if i had 10 votes sure! i only have 2 tho! i gonn use one on the guy i want dead - spirityo - and the other one on the person that i think is deepwolf just to please myself
Master Radishes
Hitman
Posts in topic: 96

Post by Master Radishes »

It's too early to be awake. I have a headache. Damn the school year starting again.

Someone summarise key things since D2 started for me because you love me?
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Oddmerta wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:06 am I'm voting for my scumreads, nobody has to join me if they don't want to

VOTE tim and spf
Could you elaborate on these scum reads? When I flip green I wouldn't want anyone to think you were just a wolf opportunistically hopping aboard.
ImageImageImageImage
Oddmerta
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Oddmerta »

That claim by tim is horrendous, if I was town in his position my role would be all I'd be talking about. Very slapdash
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Master Radishes wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:14 am It's too early to be awake. I have a headache. Damn the school year starting again.

Someone summarise key things since D2 started for me because you love me?
if u didnt say "because you love me" i wouldnt have but this bought me!

hally claims mech info that one of nanook, sprityo and JPIC is very likely mafia. they cant specify. we think they could be a watcher or it could be a carol or whatever, dunno

macdougall claims something made him postcapped to 50% of the number of his posts d1

nanook claims to have visited macdougall last night (i think nanook might be a doctor that also post caps his patients but dunno)

sprityo and JPIC need to claim

we all think tim is mafia

alison claims/thinks she was jailkept last night

a bunch of ppl are scumreading herm, yesterday we were thinking he's obv town but now we dunno

should be all
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Oddmerta wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:16 am That claim by tim is horrendous, if I was town in his position my role would be all I'd be talking about. Very slapdash
Other than being a really cool word that carries plenty of emotion without any particularly specific meaning, why would you say horrendous?
ImageImageImageImage
Oddmerta
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Oddmerta »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:16 am
Oddmerta wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:06 am I'm voting for my scumreads, nobody has to join me if they don't want to

VOTE tim and spf
Could you elaborate on these scum reads? When I flip green I wouldn't want anyone to think you were just a wolf opportunistically hopping aboard.
I've been against you since the start so you can't say that I'm opportunistically hopping on your wagon, everything about your play screams wolf to me. I even think nutella put a vote on you last minute as a form of misdirection

spf is trickier to explain, deepwolfing or whatever. I can feel it

Return to “Previous Jobs”