A Moon Shaped Pool
8%

Total votes: 39
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 1518

Re: Radiohead Mafia [DAY 1]

Post by MacDougall »

Alison wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:18 am FWIW I genuinely think JPIC's opener was NAI but his reaction to it wasn't.

Also Mac please don't scumread Hally :(
It was just one post. It's not something I'm pushing on. But it does qualify Nooks vote which matters more right now because he is in the POE.
Poison
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 587
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/cookies
Aka: Cookie In The Woods

Post by Poison »

Alison wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:20 am
Poison Chan wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:19 am i do not know who to vote tbh, I think I'll go with odd. if so many people are tring dizzy, i think that can be clearing them? although i won't put them any further up in the list than null.
[VOTE: odd] aubergine
You should be voting SPF, nutella or JPIC right now. Voting Odd is basically not voting at all.
yeah that actually makes sense, cause I don't think people gave any proper thought on odd yet. i liked mac's read on them though.
XTMF wrote:Yo Poison, you are fucking dying.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

What part of my Oddmerta read did you like?
Poison
Loan Shark

Post by Poison »

Among, JPIC, Nutella and Spf if they enf up being the top wagons at EoD, it would be hard to choose from when I don't really have much against them. I think I should try to ISO them now.
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 1047
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Alison »

Just noticed JPIC is voting himself.....................
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
Justplayingitcool
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 181

Post by Justplayingitcool »

Look at my qualifier in champs. I was incredibly sarcastic day 1
Spoiler: show
staypositivefriend
Hitman
Posts in topic: 467

Post by staypositivefriend »

Justplayingitcool wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:20 am
staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:18 am
Justplayingitcool wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:14 am
staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:11 am
Justplayingitcool wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:10 am
tutuu wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:08 am
Justplayingitcool wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:05 am People say I have done scummy stuff when this is literally what I do as town
can you do something more?

can u empathize with other ppl who find it frustrating how much effort they're putting, while u dont put as much effort and u expect for ppl to correctly townread u?
I am very empathetic to the town cause. I’ve just been trying to have fun :pout:
at what point in the game did your mindset shift to: "i just want to have fun"?

because you had a pretty aggressive reaction to being fos'd at the beginning of the game, and that doesn't quite align w/your chill attitude now
Aggressive reaction? Gonna have to agree to disagree. I just didn’t understand why I was considered as scum after making a NAI opening post
you wouldn't call this aggressive?
Justplayingitcool wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:00 am I better hear a good damn reason why I am being scumread right now
Nope, that was me partly being sarcastic
what were you being sarcastic about? i don't really get it
tutuu
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 964

Post by tutuu »

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

JPIC just make reads man
Poison
Loan Shark

Post by Poison »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:52 pm Oddmerta - Despite early clears, appears to have been overwhelmed in a way that can be struggling to find legitimate pathways as mafia, or simply just town that is coasting on being largely townread.
this one. i think it makes more sense than the total townclears on odd. and even though i scum lean them , i have my own paranoia, but i do not see many people having second thoughts about odd at all.
Justplayingitcool
Racketeer

I have samu and tutuu as locktown
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

You really do have caught for the wrong reasons energy right now. Alison is right.
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Poison Chan wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:25 am
MacDougall wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:52 pm Oddmerta - Despite early clears, appears to have been overwhelmed in a way that can be struggling to find legitimate pathways as mafia, or simply just town that is coasting on being largely townread.
this one. i think it makes more sense than the total townclears on odd. and even though i scum lean them , i have my own paranoia, but i do not see many people having second thoughts about odd at all.
so is the basis for your scumread on odd that they feel overwhelmed to you? i townread odd's earlier game and im willing to reconsider if im presented w/new information, but i'm not following the push on them so far

if youve already explained it then mb
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

ISO them and see if there's anything juicy
Poison
Loan Shark

Post by Poison »

i would want to keep JPIC inside a box and sit on top of the box until he makes one real read/game related post.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

To me Oddmerta was just a really strong first post read that subsequently coasted and has failed to provide much in the way of town mindset at all ever since.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Justplayingitcool wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:26 am I have samu and tutuu as locktown
Got a Mac read? How bout an Alison read?
staypositivefriend
Hitman

the "i was being sarcastic" defense from JPIC is weird, because the only thing he could be sarcastic about in that post is exaggerating how angry/aggressive he was

and if that's the case, it makes no sense for him to deny being aggressive, because he would surely understand how it came off that way

maybe im reading too much into a minor point but the train of thought from JPIC does not make sense to me
Poison
Loan Shark

Post by Poison »

staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:26 am
so is the basis for your scumread on odd that they feel overwhelmed to you? i townread odd's earlier game and im willing to reconsider if im presented w/new information, but i'm not following the push on them so far

no idk, tbh, i am expecting more from them, and i think i had enough reasons in previous games to town read them easily and early on, I do not see that here. it's not exactly like they did something super scummy but idk. I'm saying idk way too many times, please keep this read in my gut read list.
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:28 am the "i was being sarcastic" defense from JPIC is weird, because the only thing he could be sarcastic about in that post is exaggerating how angry/aggressive he was

and if that's the case, it makes no sense for him to deny being aggressive, because he would surely understand how it came off that way

maybe im reading too much into a minor point but the train of thought from JPIC does not make sense to me
"because he would surely understand how it came off that way" disagree, this is based on the assumption that JPIC has the social awareness to realize how he's coming off as to other people and how he's making them feel which he is showing he does not
Justplayingitcool
Racketeer

MacDougall wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:28 am
Justplayingitcool wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:26 am I have samu and tutuu as locktown
Got a Mac read? How bout an Alison read?
You’re probably town for changing the state of the game from rvs to serious

Alison might be town. I remember their fight with sprit and it felt like town on town violence
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

JPIC has been poe all day and the first pressure that's felt viable has been Alison clamping down hard. Suddenly he's not having fun anymore. I don't understand why he wouldn't just drop the LHF playstyle now and try to offer reasons to be townread. As either alignment but particularly as town. Going for the cheap townclears from ate self voting rather than making an effort isn't great.
Justplayingitcool
Racketeer

staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:28 am the "i was being sarcastic" defense from JPIC is weird, because the only thing he could be sarcastic about in that post is exaggerating how angry/aggressive he was

:shrug:
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Poison Chan wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:30 am
staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:26 am

no idk, tbh, i am expecting more from them, and i think i had enough reasons in previous games to town read them easily and early on, I do not see that here. it's not exactly like they did something super scummy but idk. I'm saying idk way too many times, please keep this read in my gut read list.
so it's less because theyre actively scummy to you and more because they aren't towntelling as hard as they have in previous games?

cool. i think youre town now
Justplayingitcool
Racketeer

MacDougall wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:31 am JPIC has been poe all day and the first pressure that's felt viable has been Alison clamping down hard. Suddenly he's not having fun anymore. I don't understand why he wouldn't just drop the LHF playstyle now and try to offer reasons to be townread. As either alignment but particularly as town. Going for the cheap townclears from ate self voting rather than making an effort isn't great.
Oh im still having fun don’t get me wrobg
Oddmerta
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 393

Post by Oddmerta »

Poison Chan wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:06 am Odd has normal NAI fluffs early on and he asks a few questions here and there. he has been mostly on tim, and was continuously asking about tim to others, nothing wrong with it but I think he is a very experienced player and I have seen him doing more than that. what i find odd about odd is how his suss on tim kinda vanished in between and in a post asked by samu he said he'd investigate spf, kill JPIC, and protect hally. no mentions of tim. he threw a a few little reads in between but idk i cannot like them even if i try. i don't really like their progression tbh, idk if it's tonally or if their content is not something which meets my expectations yet, cause i have seen him being great and playing great as town. but tbh I don't see any post from them which can't be made by a scum.

I would have null read this slot, but I also don't like how they are getting cleared by others when they aren't that towny. might be astupid way to look at stuff but this just doesn't fit well with me atm.

I scum lean this slot.
Poison relax, I'm town. Yes I'd invest spf, kill jpic, protect Hally and I would vote tim which is where my vote currently is. Game could make a lot of progress from a tim vote today
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

jpic is town jpic is town jpic is town jpic is town jpic is town jpic is town jpic is town jpic is town jpic is town jpic is town
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Similarly it would be more optimal as mafia if he wasn't able to summon wim to just keep smiling and trolling here. I'm polarised by him. I think he's town because his choices are so difficult to parse.
Poison
Loan Shark

Post by Poison »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:27 am To me Oddmerta was just a really strong first post read that subsequently coasted and has failed to provide much in the way of town mindset at all ever since.
yes! they tend to solve and scum hunt really nicely. and tbh they are right about them most of the time. but they are also very good as wolf. their game play didn't alter much. i thing they are strong as either alignment. so I'm not overlooking this slot at all and I'm really hesitant to give them a town read. and they bother me more than the null reads. although, most of it is just my 'feeling' about them atm.
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

spf is scum spf is scum spf is scum spf is scum spf is scum spf is scum spf is scum spf is scum spf is scum spf is scum spf is scum
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Nutella/Tedxtr for me.
Oddmerta
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 393

Post by Oddmerta »

Poison Chan wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:33 am
MacDougall wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:27 am To me Oddmerta was just a really strong first post read that subsequently coasted and has failed to provide much in the way of town mindset at all ever since.
yes! they tend to solve and scum hunt really nicely. and tbh they are right about them most of the time. but they are also very good as wolf. their game play didn't alter much. i thing they are strong as either alignment. so I'm not overlooking this slot at all and I'm really hesitant to give them a town read. and they bother me more than the null reads. although, most of it is just my 'feeling' about them atm.
Think about the world where I'm right about timsup2nothing being scum
staypositivefriend
Hitman

tutuu wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:33 am spf is scum spf is scum spf is scum spf is scum spf is scum spf is scum spf is scum spf is scum spf is scum spf is scum spf is scum
your avatar makes me feel like im being aggressively taunted by a dancing anime girl rn
Poison
Loan Shark

Post by Poison »

Oddmerta wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:35 am
Poison Chan wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:33 am
Think about the world where I'm right about timsup2nothing being scum
possible. cause i don't think tim is particularly townie either.
Alison

Post by Alison »

tutuu wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:33 am spf is scum spf is scum spf is scum spf is scum spf is scum spf is scum spf is scum spf is scum spf is scum spf is scum spf is scum
I have seen nothing from SPF recently that leaves me concerned. Why are you reading SPF as scum?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I can be swayed on Tim. He has had moments I've just seen a town there but he's good enough to post like a town and his impact isn't where I'd like it to be for what I expect of town Tim.
Poison
Loan Shark

Post by Poison »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:26 am
ISO them and see if there's anything juicy
I think I'll do that soon.
Poison
Loan Shark

Post by Poison »

I think I'm at this for some hours. I'll be back later. 2 games at a time is a headache.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Oddmerta in isolation just pointing at someone else and trying to finesse others to buy into the read doesn't strike me as townie so I'd encourage you to show some working to back it up please.
Alison

Post by Alison »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:37 am I can be swayed on Tim. He has had moments I've just seen a town there but he's good enough to post like a town and his impact isn't where I'd like it to be for what I expect of town Tim.
To be fair I think Tim said at the beginning he was planning to slank through D1 so that might explain some of it.

Also I think my towncore kinda disagrees on reads but we overlap in terms of the nutella read so maybe we should just push there today. I still want to vote JPIC though because seriously
Samusamu
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 287

Post by Samusamu »

Poison Chan wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:04 am Okay so the whole Alison-Sprityo arc seemed to me rather t/t. I think I agree with Alison 's logic and points against him, although I do not like a few (e.g. the one where she said sprit is scummy cause he refused to scum/town read mac when Mac says he does scum/town read him as town.) but apart for a few I think I like their points.

Sprityo' s comebacks are rather very different than I remember in the only other game I played with them as town. Even so, Idk why but his tone and way of replying to Alison is rather very natural, bold and confident. If they do don't do power wolfing (I do not know his wolf meta can anyone tell me anything about it?) then I think he has towny posts and tone this game.

Tbh, I always feel like when I'm town and I know I'm town and someone is pushing me wrongly I often find it scummy as if they wants to frame me but those happen only in particular situations, and I end up tunneling them hard. although if I was to compare this to the current situation on Alison - sprityo (upto p24) I think they are probably t/t. Cause from their posts both of them seems pretty confident with their posts. I find it towny.
Who is your more gut townread atm?
Alison

Post by Alison »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:38 am Oddmerta in isolation just pointing at someone else and trying to finesse others to buy into the read doesn't strike me as townie so I'd encourage you to show some working to back it up please.
I had the opposite read as you again! I thought mafia trying to shift the blame to others would go for people being actively suspected or LHF, not someone who's been mostly townread by people and who has no chance of being exed today.
staypositivefriend
Hitman

i want to vote nutella but i also was excited to play with her and ill be kind of sad if she's town

ill think about it
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:36 am
your avatar makes me feel like im being aggressively taunted by a dancing anime girl rn
omg hihihihihi :cloud9: :p
Samusamu
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 287

Post by Samusamu »

tutuu wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:09 am
Samusamu wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:53 pm
tutuu wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:42 pm 1. Alison - carrot cake icecream
2. ColinIsCool - banana icecream with strawberry syrup
3. DrWilgy - chocolate chip cookie icecream
4. dyachei - melon icecream with a mint sprig
5. Dyslexicon - caramel icecream with salt and chocolate syrup
6. Fallen Prince - chocolate icecream with caramel syrup
7. Hally - blackberry icecream with fresh blackberries on top
8. Herm - lavender icecream
9. Justplayingitcool - coffee icecream
10. Long Con - cherry iceream
11. MacDougall - blue heaven icecream
12. Master Radishes - moon mist icecream
13. NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME - raspberry icecream mixed with vanilla
14. nutella - pistachio icecream
15. Oddmerta - neapolitan icecream
16. Poison Chan - bubblegum icecream (teal and pink colored)
17. Samusamu - vanilla icecream with white chocolate chunks
18. sprityo - blue moon icecream
19. staypositivefriend - starwberry icecream with strawberry syrup
20. tedxtr - coconut milk icecream
21. Timsup2nothin - mango icecream with pineapple syrup
22. tutuu - tutti frutti icecream
Wtf, okey, i have to tell u that u have a song.

Min 0:46

LMAOOOOOOOOOOO tysm
What means tysm?
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Alison wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:37 am
I have seen nothing from SPF recently that leaves me concerned. Why are you reading SPF as scum?
if i had a dayvig and i shot jpic rn and he flipped town would u still not scumread spf
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

means thank you so much samusamu!
staypositivefriend
Hitman

tutuu wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:45 am
Alison wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:37 am
if i had a dayvig and i shot jpic rn and he flipped town would u still not scumread spf
i feel like im getting conflicting messages from the way that ur saying you ~dont~ sr me, but you just think im mafia by POE

and by the way youre aggressively gunning for me to be lynched out of everyone in your POE

do you sr me, or do you just not tr me?
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

if i dont tr u i sr u!
staypositivefriend
Hitman

tutuu wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:48 am if i dont tr u i sr u!
right, but you also feel the same way (based on your POE) about timsup2nothin, dyachei, dyslexicon, colin, herm, juliets, and samusamu

but im the only person rn that you are aggressively saying is mafia. your focus doesn't quite align w/your reasoning

maybe im just misunderstanding ur approach

Return to “Previous Jobs”