8%

Total votes: 39
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 1047
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Re: Radiohead Mafia [DAY 2]

Post by Alison »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:22 pm Noting that Nutella also claimed her song, then it was actually not her real song. So even she was afraid of claiming her real songname.
Didn't want the rogue to smoke her. Which they might have if they thought they were hitting the town AOE doctor.

Also I was roleblocked last night (there was more to the phrasing of it, but not sure if it gives away flavor info). I think other people had more PR equity than me from the point of view of a mafia roleblocker. And obviously town roleblockers aren't hitting me. My theory is jailkeeper. That would rule out the nanook doctored you theory, unless there's a doctor and a jailkeeper and Rogue targeted one of us and mafia targeted the other. That seems kinda unlikely.
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 1518

Post by MacDougall »

If I was her I'd claim that songname as a "as if I'd claim this fucking songname if I was mafia" move. i think she fake claimed the songname because there's a character cop or something.
Timsup2nothin
Veteran of 1000 Psychic Wars
Posts in topic: 799

Post by Timsup2nothin »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:22 pm Noting that Nutella also claimed her song, then it was actually not her real song. So even she was afraid of claiming her real songname.
Considering that her real song was A Wolf At The Door I think there's pretty obvious reasons she didn't claim it besides fear of a soup killer.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage
noted "I can't be fucking bothered" aficionado who dual wields the sword of contrarianism in one hand and a hot cheetos family bag in the other
Alison

Post by Alison »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:24 pm
Alison wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:22 pm
MacDougall wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:17 pm Like Nook probably doctored me (maybe even jailed), JPIC probably put some rand role on me and Sprityo carried a gun to my front door would be my guess.
I find it kinda coincidental that all three people who visited you were in the lowest of the low POE.

I also find it weird that Sloonei would slap down an infodump restriction on a Watcher of all roles.

I think it's something along the lines of Hally submits 3 names and then gets some kind of info about them. Could be role info (maybe that's why they want the role claims, to see if it matches up) or something else. If only one of those roles was one that visits people and that role was a town-sided or clearly positive effect one, then nanook claiming to visit Mac might make Hally think it was an acceptable answer for now until sprityo or JPIC counterclaim it.

This would make more sense to put down infodump restriction on because Sloonei doesn't want half the role cards in the game getting outed in one post from Hally. It would explain why all three individuals were in the bottom POE, because Hally investigated the most suspicious people. And the phrasing "there is a very high chance one of these three is mafia" simply suggests that they saw a role that was very strongly linked with mafia members, like a strongman or ninja.
Your assumptions re: Sloonei's mindset on infodump restrictions are 100% incorrect. Source: my own role.
Okay, fair enough.
Alison

Post by Alison »

I don't think nutella's song claim is super relevant since there's a lot of plausible reasons she could have done it so I don't think it helps us much to be honest.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Alison wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:25 pm
Didn't want the rogue to smoke her. Which they might have if they thought they were hitting the town AOE doctor.

Also I was roleblocked last night (there was more to the phrasing of it, but not sure if it gives away flavor info). I think other people had more PR equity than me from the point of view of a mafia roleblocker. And obviously town roleblockers aren't hitting me. My theory is jailkeeper. That would rule out the nanook doctored you theory, unless there's a doctor and a jailkeeper and Rogue targeted one of us and mafia targeted the other. That seems kinda unlikely.
Maybe, it's all rather pointless to think about isn't it lol.
tutuu
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 964

Post by tutuu »

Alison wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:25 pm

interesting
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Okay let's talk about the fact that tutuu is powerwolfing
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I've held my tongue for ages but it's driving me bananas
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:28 pm Okay let's talk about the fact that tutuu is powerwolfing
Alison

Post by Alison »

Yeah I'm done with the mechanics stuff for now, I'm not losing another game to bad mech clears. We murdered scum D1 by regular scumhunting and that's what I intend to be focusing on for now.

[mention]Timsup2nothin[/mention] Entertain a thought experiment. Suppose ted and oddmerta both are confirmed town by the host or a flip or something. Who's your next scum suspect?
Hally
alien shapeshifter
Posts in topic: 573
Preferred Pronouns: they/them

Post by Hally »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:28 pm Okay let's talk about the fact that tutuu is powerwolfing
can you sell me on this?
ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image ImageImage
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

tutuu wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:29 pm
is this a scum claim
Alison

Post by Alison »

I'm not sure if we're supposed to exe in a group of 3 who is confirmed to have 1 scum in them, or in Tim who I think is proabbly scummier than anyone in the group of 3 but who nobody has a check on.
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 579
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

I think we’re just killing tim and jpic today lmao
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Maybe sprit idk
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Alison wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:29 pm Yeah I'm done with the mechanics stuff for now, I'm not losing another game to bad mech clears. We murdered scum D1 by regular scumhunting and that's what I intend to be focusing on for now.

@Timsup2nothin Entertain a thought experiment. Suppose ted and oddmerta both are confirmed town by the host or a flip or something. Who's your next scum suspect?
As of yesterday that was Nanook.

I do have a couple more observation on mechanics...

All the people afraid that giving up a song title will get them killed by a third party soup killer...aren't the kinda wasting a chop if they insist on chopping me?

[mention]Hally[/mention] seems to have claimed some sort of song title dependent power. So has Mac. Is there some reason I am so lock wolf that I need to be chopped today rather than checked tonight? Does that make sense? Come to that, I had my song title outed yesterday. Seems like anyone with a song title dependent ability would have, by default, checked me last night. Why didn't they?
ImageImageImageImage
noted "I can't be fucking bothered" aficionado who dual wields the sword of contrarianism in one hand and a hot cheetos family bag in the other

I’ll go Sprit for now he seems lonely
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Hally wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:36 pm
tutuu wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:29 pm
is this a scum claim
Alison

Post by Alison »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:39 pm
Alison wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:29 pm Yeah I'm done with the mechanics stuff for now, I'm not losing another game to bad mech clears. We murdered scum D1 by regular scumhunting and that's what I intend to be focusing on for now.

@Timsup2nothin Entertain a thought experiment. Suppose ted and oddmerta both are confirmed town by the host or a flip or something. Who's your next scum suspect?

All the people afraid that giving up a song title will get them killed by a third party soup killer...aren't the kinda wasting a chop if they insist on chopping me?

@Hally seems to have claimed some sort of song title dependent power. So has Mac. Is there some reason I am so lock wolf that I need to be chopped today rather than checked tonight? Does that make sense? Come to that, I had my song title outed yesterday. Seems like anyone with a song title dependent ability would have, by default, checked me last night. Why didn't they?
I can't trust that the song title you gave was legitimate. nutella lied about hers, after all.

Why is nook the scummiest in the [JPIC/sprit/nanook] trio?

If this is tutu’s scum game I’m super impressed tbh

It’s also hilarious
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Hally wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:35 pm
can you sell me on this?
I don't know if I want to because she's polarised me. She's so bleeding town for the most part but she keeps doing things that ping me.

For one I hated the way she dealt with EOD. It felt like she was the busywork mafia trying to push options around but she did take Nutella off life support by burying her claim.

It feels like she keeps arguing with everything I say. She's pushing back on my reads and perspectives and rather than making her own reads is spending most of her time just playing the role of devil's advocate to the rest of the towncore. The way that she is dealing with me is in stark contrast to how you, Alison and SPF are. Yet I think she has me as her top town. I don't feel like I am being treated the way I'd expect town tutuu to treat her top town.

She also somehow ended the day with two votes. Which given the threadstate kinda blew my mind to see. DrWilgy is a very insightful player and if he is detatched from the towncore but still town (which is how I read it) then he is likely to vanity hunt accurately. His opinions should be taken into consideration imo. He thought she was mafia. The other voter was Sprityo, and I think he's mafia. Mafia voting off wagon in this scenario on another mafia teammate is common.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:38 pm I think we’re just killing tim and jpic today lmao
As it stands I'd shield JPIC.

I really want town to read Herm's ISO in light of the flip. I feel like nobody is looking there.
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:41 pm If this is tutu’s scum game I’m super impressed tbh

It’s also hilarious
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Alison wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:41 pm

@Hally seems to have claimed some sort of song title dependent power. So has Mac. Is there some reason I am so lock wolf that I need to be chopped today rather than checked tonight? Does that make sense? Come to that, I had my song title outed yesterday. Seems like anyone with a song title dependent ability would have, by default, checked me last night. Why didn't they?
I can't trust that the song title you gave was legitimate. nutella lied about hers, after all.

Well, truth is that I was using your list as a guide for the order I was doing ISOs in and I never got to JPIC or Sprit so Nanook is what I've got. Sprit I have a sense as being wolfy with his wildly pointless pushes near EoD. JPIC I think is wolfy in the way he is always wolfy and could just as easily be town.
ImageImageImageImage
Alison

Post by Alison »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:43 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:38 pm I think we’re just killing tim and jpic today lmao

I really want town to read Herm's ISO in light of the flip. I feel like nobody is looking there.
wow I said I was actively considering it
staypositivefriend
Hitman
Posts in topic: 467

Re: Radiohead Mafia [DAY 1]

Post by staypositivefriend »

Herm wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:02 pm
nutella wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:00 pm [VOTE: herm] aubergine

why do people townread this again?
You better explain why you scum read me.
wow this interaction is awkward as hell
Herm
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 309
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Herm »

Nutella (9) - Poison Chan, ColinIsCool, Justplayingitcool, Alison, Juliets, Hally, Samusamu, Tutuu, Staypositivefriend
Timsup2nothin (6) - Oddmerta, NanooktheGreatandFearsome, Tedxtr, Nutella, Long Con, MacDougall
Nanook (2) - Herm, Dyachei
Tedxtr (2) - Dyslexicon, Timsup2nothin
Tutuu (2) - Sprityo, DrWilgy
DrWilgy (1) - Master Radishes

Players Who were originally on Nutella, but switched: MacDougall, Dyslexicon, DrWilgy

Players Who waited a bit before casting a Decisive Vote: Dyachei, Poison Chan, Juliets

MacDougall wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:43 pm

If Tim is town herm might be Mafia yeah

Resistance to him being option at EOD yesterday was puzzling to me I didn’t understand it
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

if herm is mafia: I TOLD U FOOLS SINCE D1 BUT U DONT LISTEN TO ME THE MAFIA PRODIGY OF THE NEW MILLENIA

if herm is town: phew thank god i sheeped alison hihi mafia is easy hihi. either scenario i made the right choice!
Alison

Post by Alison »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:42 pm
Hally wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:35 pm
can you sell me on this?
I don't know if I want to because she's polarised me. She's so bleeding town for the most part but she keeps doing things that ping me.

For one I hated the way she dealt with EOD. It felt like she was the busywork mafia trying to push options around but she did take Nutella off life support by burying her claim.

It feels like she keeps arguing with everything I say. She's pushing back on my reads and perspectives and rather than making her own reads is spending most of her time just playing the role of devil's advocate to the rest of the towncore. The way that she is dealing with me is in stark contrast to how you, Alison and SPF are. Yet I think she has me as her top town. I don't feel like I am being treated the way I'd expect town tutuu to treat her top town.

She also somehow ended the day with two votes. Which given the threadstate kinda blew my mind to see. DrWilgy is a very insightful player and if he is detatched from the towncore but still town (which is how I read it) then he is likely to vanity hunt accurately. His opinions should be taken into consideration imo. He thought she was mafia. The other voter was Sprityo, and I think he's mafia. Mafia voting off wagon in this scenario on another mafia teammate is common.
For the second point I can say that I think she exhibited similar behavior where she simultaneously hard sheeps and also plays devil's advocate to her strongest townreads in amdibals, where she was town. I didn't get a busywork vibe from her at EOD, although after-the-fact catching up is always different to the realtime interaction feel so maybe we just differ in that.
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Alison wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:41 pm

It's still the only available song title. If I lied what are you thinking...that it will trigger false reads? That makes a kind of sense, but Hally doesn't seem concerned about the people she is demanding claims from being able to lie. I really am curious as to why I had the only outed song title and seemingly nothing came of it. Though maybe as more people check in we will find someone that at least thought to experiment with their powers.
ImageImageImageImage
Herm
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Herm »

MacDougall was my biggest town read from Day 1, and he set things in motion on Nutella. So I believe him to be town.

I think Nanook was also on Nutella at one point and switched, but if he was, it got lost in the shuffle lol.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Let's Have Some Fun

I want to play a game. In this game I'd like you to vote for one player from each of these blocs that you consider to be the most town player in the bloc and one that you consider the most scummy.

Rules:
Three blocs of 7.
This is not binding to a vote. It's just a reads exercise.

Bloc 1

Alison
Colin
Dyachei
Juliets
Long Con
Tim
Master Radishes

Bloc 2

Hally
DrWilgy
Dyslexicon
Oddmerta
Samu
Herm
Sprityo

Bloc 3

SPF
Mac
Tedxtr
Tutuu
JPIC
Nook
Poison Chan
Herm
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Herm »

tutuu wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:51 pm if herm is mafia: I TOLD U FOOLS SINCE D1 BUT U DONT LISTEN TO ME THE MAFIA PRODIGY OF THE NEW MILLENIA

if herm is town: phew thank god i sheeped alison hihi mafia is easy hihi. either scenario i made the right choice!
Listen to Alison, she knows what she's talking about lol.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Herm wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:49 pm Nutella (9) - Poison Chan, ColinIsCool, Justplayingitcool, Alison, Juliets, Hally, Samusamu, Tutuu, Staypositivefriend
Timsup2nothin (6) - Oddmerta, NanooktheGreatandFearsome, Tedxtr, Nutella, Long Con, MacDougall
Nanook (2) - Herm, Dyachei
Tedxtr (2) - Dyslexicon, Timsup2nothin
Tutuu (2) - Sprityo, DrWilgy
DrWilgy (1) - Master Radishes

Players Who were originally on Nutella, but switched: MacDougall, Dyslexicon, DrWilgy

Players Who waited a bit before casting a Decisive Vote: Dyachei, Poison Chan, Juliets
Players who said that they thought she was a bad yeet because of her claim but didn't move: Juliets, Dyachei
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

block 1:
most towny alison
most scummy tim

block 2:
most towny hally
most scummy sprityo

block 3:
most towny macdougall
most scummy tutuu
staypositivefriend
Hitman

nutella wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:19 am I think I agree with most of those, maybe not as strong on Herm or Radish but the rest seem pretty legit

nutella wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:07 pm
Alison wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:01 pm

I liked the readslist! It was too wacky to be faked. What's your beef with Herm?
Oh yeah that was cute

Idk just don't remember anything of substance really
nutella wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:18 pm still not really feeling it re: herm but alison seems really confident
all of these interactions paint a picture of nutella half-heartedly pushing on herm in the most lazy way possible, while clearly never intending for him to be lynched. nutella made zero attempt to case herm or get him lynched but she constantly drew attention to him and tried to throw shade on him w/out ever being specific about her read

when you pair that with the fact that herm had one very weak reaction to nutella fos'ing him and then he never mentioned it again, i can absolutely see a world where nutella/herm is scum and nutella did some basic distancing from him
Alison

Post by Alison »

How did you come up with these blocs Mac?

Anyways:
Bloc 1 - Alison most townie, juliets most townie other than Alison, Tim most scummy.

Bloc 2 - Hally most townie, sprityo most scummy.

Bloc 3 - Mac most townie, nook most scummy.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Herm wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:53 pm MacDougall was my biggest town read from Day 1, and he set things in motion on Nutella. So I believe him to be town.

I think Nanook was also on Nutella at one point and switched, but if he was, it got lost in the shuffle lol.
Nook voted her because she liked French Onion soup. Then held the meme vote for ages. Then ended up voting on her counterwagon.

I'd execute him today if he didn't also just play a game where he is essentially exactly the same here and was town.

But I will say that the whole French Onion soup dialogue felt like wolves talking in the thread. That is to say that specifically it felt like Nook and Nut were wolfy and SPF was town.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:56 pm
nutella wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:19 am I think I agree with most of those, maybe not as strong on Herm or Radish but the rest seem pretty legit

I liked the readslist! It was too wacky to be faked. What's your beef with Herm?
Oh yeah that was cute

nutella wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:18 pm still not really feeling it re: herm but alison seems really confident
all of these interactions paint a picture of nutella half-heartedly pushing on herm in the most lazy way possible, while clearly never intending for him to be lynched. nutella made zero attempt to case herm or get him lynched but she constantly drew attention to him and tried to throw shade on him w/out ever being specific about her read

when you pair that with the fact that herm had one very weak reaction to nutella fos'ing him and then he never mentioned it again, i can absolutely see a world where nutella/herm is scum and nutella did some basic distancing from him
Did you get to the part where he outed yet?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Alison wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:57 pm How did you come up with these blocs Mac?

Anyways:
Bloc 1 - Alison most townie, juliets most townie other than Alison, Tim most scummy.

Bloc 2 - Hally most townie, sprityo most scummy.

Bloc 3 - Mac most townie, nook most scummy.
Doesn't matter how really.
staypositivefriend
Hitman

MacDougall wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:58 pm

Oh yeah that was cute

if you mean this post:
Herm wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:01 pm Nutella in the lead.

Was she caught?
then yes
Herm
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Herm »

Most Town Player
Most Scummy

Bloc 1

Alison
Colin
Dyachei
Juliets
Long Con
Tim
Master Radishes

Bloc 2

Hally
DrWilgy
Dyslexicon
Oddmerta
Samu
Herm
Sprityo

Bloc 3

SPF
Mac
Tedxtr
Tutuu
JPIC
Nook
Poison Chan
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I especially want people who aren't the town core that have clearly shared their reads to do this exercise too lol
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

[VOTE: vote herm] aubergine

i’m sold
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

staypositivefriend wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:00 am
MacDougall wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:58 pm

Oh yeah that was cute

if you mean this post:
Herm wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:01 pm Nutella in the lead.

Was she caught?
then yes
That's the one.
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:57 pm
Herm wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:53 pm MacDougall was my biggest town read from Day 1, and he set things in motion on Nutella. So I believe him to be town.

Nook voted her because she liked French Onion soup. Then held the meme vote for ages. Then ended up voting on her counterwagon.

I'd execute him today if he didn't also just play a game where he is essentially exactly the same here and was town.

But I will say that the whole French Onion soup dialogue felt like wolves talking in the thread. That is to say that specifically it felt like Nook and Nut were wolfy and SPF was town.
I know I'm just an obvious wolf, but I felt the same way about the soup business at the time.

However, it could be that Nutella kept that conversation going singlehandedly to throw shade on as many townies as possible in the event of her death.
ImageImageImageImage
Herm
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Herm »

Nutella seemed to give up on trying to lynch me when Alison started to call him/her out on it a bit, saying I was clearly town.
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:00 am I especially want people who aren't the town core that have clearly shared their reads to do this exercise too lol
If you wanted me to participate you made the wrong first group.
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”