Marmot wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:04 pm Sorry, I shoulda let him keep playing XD
Lol honeslty I would've
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 76

Re: Overtime Mafia [Post-Game]

Post by sig »

I wasn't a fan of some of the stuff that happened but I like Ted wasn't really properly engaged and once everyone started civ reading me for no good reason that kinda killed it for me.

I do want it noted that Marmot tried to get me lynched so shame on him.
ImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 2

Post by dunya »

sig is the cutest tbh
tedxtr
:wiz:
Posts in topic: 121
Location: some place where people retire from normals (maybe)
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by tedxtr »

sig wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:06 pm I wasn't a fan of some of the stuff that happened but I like Ted wasn't really properly engaged and once everyone started civ reading me for no good reason that kinda killed it for me.

see what happens when I use more than 1% of my power?

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 93
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

sig wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:06 pm I wasn't a fan of some of the stuff that happened but I like Ted wasn't really properly engaged and once everyone started civ reading me for no good reason that kinda killed it for me.

At least this time it was due to Syn spew and not anything you said specifically :beer:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Syn
Hitman
Posts in topic: 20

Post by Syn »

tutuu wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:51 pm Suggestion for sitewide standard definition of what's angleshooting, OGI, punishment, compensation, etc

Open-ended community discussion. I propose a sitewide standard set of rules that should be applied to all games by default. These rules ought to be linked by every host in their game, both in the sign-up thread and in the OP of the thread. Hosts should have the right to remove/add/change any of these rules, but they need to be explicit and specific.

Please, give your thoughts, suggestions, concerns, etc:

Here are my suggestions:

"Angleshooting" is the act of doing something unsportsmanlike. An angleshot/dirty/OGI read or speculation is something that you have acquired outside from the in-game mafia thread from all the players, in the way the game is supposed to be played, but in another way, outside from the game thread and/or from the host.

-You should not mention that you have angleshooty/OGI reads. You should never mention the word "angleshoot" in a post period. If you attain one, make up another reason to justify the read or speculation, something that's tied to in-game stuff that other people can engage with. If you claim that "I have a dirty read on X and I can't say why" - nobody can engage with this, and I don't believe it's fair. Or rather, it's inconvenient for scum players to have to start saying they have dirty reads from time to time in their repertoaire in order to balance things out. It takes away from the Mafia experience imo if a balanced metagame would be when both factions end up saying they have inexplainable dirty reads from tiem to time. And the mafia can't naturally attain dirty angleshoot reads since they already have TMI. So I think the better variant of balanced metagame is if nobody can talk about it.

-Do not respond to other people mentioning anything regarding angleshooting, because things can have a domino effect. Just alert the mod and pretend the post doesn't exist

-Hosts should not respond to people's posts in the thread. Some hosts can be unintentionally biased to respond to setup related questions to members of the town who genuinely dont understand the setup, but if a member of the mafia tries to fake a derp clear or something, or feign ignorance about setup related thing, the host might be biased because they know that person is feigning the ignorance and forget to respond to it. The host, if they wish to interact with the players in their game, needs to constantly remind themselves that they shouldn't have TMI. I think slip-ups can happen as a result of this, so I don't believe hosts should ever directly respond to posts. If they wish to answer or say anything they should publicly say, without quoting any posts:

"Question: bla bla bla"
"Answer: bla bla bla"

And remind people not to interact with the post.

-The players should not interact with the host ITT in any way. They should not ping them with questions, they should ask privately. The reasoning is that discord is widely used for mafia chats, and a lot of people, i think, find it more convenient to type out a quick question there in wolf chat where they might be spending a lot of time regardless, than to get on the forum and ping the host there. From the way host and player talk ITT it is also possible to generate angleshooty reads. So I believe player/host public communication should be banned.

-Do not refer to mod communication. That's obvious, but:

-When having to refer to mod communication because you have no other choice (for instance, you need to ask the host on clarification on your role): Do not say "I asked tutuu and she told me this and this and that". If you repeatedly casually mention the host and the way you talked to them and what you asked them your tone/your sentence structure can generate OGI reads. Do not say that you asked the host anything. But the biggest part is the timing of you saying this itt. Let's say a scum player dies, and their role PM flips something unexpected. If a player were to say "I just asked tutuu and she told me this and this and that about this scum flip" - then that player is angleshooting themselves as town imo, because mafia are likely to already know the information about this scum flip, and they wouldn't ask the host right now. So that player is town who is angleshooting themselves town, or if they're mafia, they're consciously trying to get themselves townread based off of people thinking that - oh hey, this person asked the host, it means they are town. This whole thing devolves from the Mafia experience, this isn't Mafia.
So instead, you should say "I was told that blah blah blah" - hosts giving clarifications themselves, regardless of whether or not prompted by a question seem more safe to me / I think there is less danger of dirty reads being generated.

-Do not mention ongoing games, do not interact with them in any way shape or form. Even if you're dead in one, if that game is not completed, pretend that it does not exist.

- i got tired of writing, i have more to say about compensation, modkills, etc. just this for now
I think this should be its own thread rather than contained to a game thread

And numbered instead of bullet-pointed lol

Some of this seems like language policing which won't work IMO, like the whole referring to mod info thing at the end just doesn't parse for me. Making it a rule that someone has to say "I was told x" instead of "I was told x by the host" doesn't move the needle at all and just makes it murkier, not clearer. I think there should be a total ban on host involvement by players or no ban at all. Like your previous suggestion that players should not interact with the host ITT is solid, and is compatible with a rule that says players can't relay host info shared privately either. No conveying of private info whatsoever, and hosts should probably be recommended to not share elaborations privately either. If it's relevant to the game state, the info should only be shared as a general post by the host and not privately to an enterprising player who thought of asking.
ImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Thanks for the game btw Martin, I had fun was a nice little dip back into mafia.

I would suggest in the future for post count stuff dont let people go over it ended up kind off defeating the purpose imo.

Also in general I reallt really hate role claiming if we wanna talk about angle shooting why not claims also since the whole issue revolving angle seems to be tied to role claiming it kind of forces angle shooting
ImageImage
tutuu
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 237

Post by tutuu »

https://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewt ... f=8&t=1978

discuss angleshooting and everything involved here
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 93
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I also want to point out, Tutuu was openwolfing so hard Day 1.

tutuu wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:32 am Image
tutuu wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:35 am @Syn come hug <3
tutuu wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:51 am @Syn @Marmot sup bois where u at
tutuu wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:57 pm
Marmot wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:54 pm Tutuu suddenly has me more worried about being night killed than being yeeted.
shit

i ... am sorry in advance for what am i about to say, but i perceive this as a doc soft claim

@ everone voting marmot please unvote him

let's not make him hard claim his role (which is a doctor)
tutuu wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:59 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:57 pm
Marmot wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:54 pm Tutuu suddenly has me more worried about being night killed than being yeeted.
Why is that a concern, and what's making you feel that way?
marmot dont answer that please lol
tutuu wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:39 pm Marmot has been softing doc, has towntold his ass off and might be forced to claim too under pressure cuz guys just keep pushing villagers instead of mafia

This in particular. I had no intention of claiming doc from that post, but Tutuu suggested in scum chat I should prepare a docclaim in case of a Day 1 chop, and she took matters into her own hands.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
tedxtr
:wiz:
Posts in topic: 121
Location: some place where people retire from normals (maybe)
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by tedxtr »

sig wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:17 pm I would suggest in the future for post count stuff dont let people go over it ended up kind off defeating the purpose imo.
^^^^^
ImageImageImageImage
MartinGG99
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 31
Preferred Pronouns: He/him
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

Honestly the post-count limitation probably was a bit too high for a light game, maybe reduce it to 50 not 75, with a max of going 50 over.

I wanted that special mechanic because theme reasons and also lets me avoid dealing with the issue if someone DOES go over the hard 2nd limit, and allows people to use up extra posts on a particular day if they're (say) under a lot of pressure at the expense of the other day/night phases.

At least this was set-in-stone in the setup before the game began, so it was expected.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"
MartinGG99 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:40 am The only notable "solving" I've done publicly has managed to kill someone who had the same power role and alignment as me.

If that doesn't make a mockery of my confidence in my solving then I don't know what will.
Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:54 pm Competition is only impressive when it is kind.
Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

tedxtr wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:23 pm
sig wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:17 pm I would suggest in the future for post count stuff dont let people go over it ended up kind off defeating the purpose imo.
^^^^^
agree

the current setup was too much work for the host and too confusing for the players

just set a hard cap and punish accordingly

ImageImageImageImage
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

As far as role-claiming is concerned, I generally feel like it should be allowed so long as either:

1. The roles don't have a unique name; i.e. a large part of the game have exact same role name

or

2. Roles have very little or nothing to do with alignment
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"
MartinGG99 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:40 am The only notable "solving" I've done publicly has managed to kill someone who had the same power role and alignment as me.

If that doesn't make a mockery of my confidence in my solving then I don't know what will.
Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:54 pm Competition is only impressive when it is kind.
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

MartinGG99 wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:29 pm As far as role-claiming is concerned, I generally feel like it should be allowed so long as either:

1. The roles don't have a unique name; i.e. a large part of the game have exact same role name

or

Though this may be disallowed for hidden/non-open games for hidden/non-open game reasons.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

MartinGG99 wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:29 pm As far as role-claiming is concerned, I generally feel like it should be allowed so long as either:

or

Yea I get the role claiming that was more directed to the angel shoot convo personally I don't like them but im from another era.

I did also really like the option to vote multiple times it added a fun dynamic. I'd definitely sign up for another of your games, buuuut make me mafia next time. ;)
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

I haven't read up on everything that happened here but whoa tutuu was mafia?!
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Anyway it sucks for martin and the players that ogi stuff messed it up, again I don't know the full context and not blaming anyone just hope it's a learning experience and hope there are no lasting hard feelings
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

nutella wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:59 pm Anyway it sucks for martin and the players that ogi stuff messed it up, again I don't know the full context and not blaming anyone just hope it's a learning experience and hope there are no lasting hard feelings

spread love not blame

;p
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 229
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Alison »

You know me, I don't have hard feelings.
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
DrWilgy
Posts in topic: 51

Post by DrWilgy »

Alison wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:10 pm You know me, I don't have hard feelings.
Alison is a soft feeling type of person.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
DrWilgy
Posts in topic: 51

Post by DrWilgy »

Good stuff Tutuumot friends.

My breadcrumb was missed by scum and I lived even though scum responded directly to my crumbs. Fun!

I really am bad when it comes to roles/mechanics... I feel like I see gameplay lines really well and thats about it... Which results in alot of things that read like soul reads.

@tedxtr gonna miss playing with you. The thunderdome you put me through has got to be one of the more memorable recent events in my play. A damned shame I'll only catch you as scum when it's too late :beer:
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 69

Post by MacDougall »

Thanks for hosting Martin.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 1
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Re: Overtime Mafia [Day 3]

Post by Sloonei »

MartinGG99 wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:28 am
MartinGG99 wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:22 am Might as well call it a No-Contest at this point; some players (including one of the remaining scum) have already voiced their vote for that.

Or draw. Whatever you want to call it.

Role list:
Alison - Vanilla
Esooa - Custom Doctor (now vanilla due to private host action)
Falcon45ca - Vanilla
Long Con - Vanilla
MacDougall - Vanilla
Marmot - Goon (Now role-cop due to public host action)
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME - Vanilla
Poison - Custom Doctor
Sig - Vanilla
Syn - Mafia Role Cop
Tedxtr - Vanilla
Tutuu - Mafia strongman

Mafia Chat: https://discord.gg/jrXJfvHU8P

Spec/Dead Chat: https://discord.gg/xWNPXGHczy

I know I said I would make a post, in the post-game related to my actions regarding NANOOK, and I will. But I'm busy IRL atm and will get to it later today.
For Hall of Fame entry purposes, does this game have no winners?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 3:13 pm For Hall of Fame entry purposes, does this game have no winners?
I would say not.

I would believe that my host error on d1, as well as the modkill on D2, and (finally) the player self-modkill attempt on D3 damaged the integrity of any plausible win too far for it to be considered the same as a win as compared to most other games. Therefore, I don't think anyone has necessarily lost or won here, especially since both modkills would have not be possible without the initial host error here.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

If anything, tutuu should get a personal win badge because of her GOAT play. :P

ImageImageImageImage
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 229
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Alison »

I don't think people understand just how well tutuu played this game. From generally townie tone to the way she approached stuff like the LC claim and the way she positioned herself to never be correct for anyone to vote even by people who suspect her, this is super super tight scum play.
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.

Return to “Previous Rackets”