44%

Total votes: 18
Esooa
Made Man
Posts in topic: 228
Preferred Pronouns: She/her

Re: Overtime Mafia [Day 1]

Post by Esooa »

Have these first post reads been on players she knows? Because I think first post reads are much less accurate if you don't know the person
Spoiler: show
I’ll come clean team. I have failed you.
I never expected to survive the night. I was very confused about the char flip and I was on my way to a very hot date. We stayed overnight to celebrate my girl bday and vday weekend. Last thing in my mind was the game... I never submitted an action last night. :doh:
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 40
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

No idea, and don’t particularly care! If she’s confident in it I’m gonna sheep it
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:04 am No idea, and don’t particularly care! If she’s confident in it I’m gonna sheep it
You realize it would be very easy for her to have just been wrong about her entry read on me and then decides to tunnel me for it and that it'd be pretty beneficial to town if you actually tried to look at what Alison and I are posting without completely ignoring any of your own ability to assess the situation
I never expected to survive the night. I was very confused about the char flip and I was on my way to a very hot date. We stayed overnight to celebrate my girl bday and vday weekend. Last thing in my mind was the game... I never submitted an action last night. :doh:
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

If that's the case though and Alison has those reasons for having the reads she does which I didn't understand before I'm pretty convinced this is just a v/v fight

Esooa wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:12 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:04 am No idea, and don’t particularly care! If she’s confident in it I’m gonna sheep it
You realize it would be very easy for her to have just been wrong about her entry read on me and then decides to tunnel me for it and that it'd be pretty beneficial to town if you actually tried to look at what Alison and I are posting without completely ignoring any of your own ability to assess the situation
Idk how many other ways there are for me to say that I trust her read

I have read what you’ve both said, I haven’t really seen a strong reason to disagree with her
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 229
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Alison »

I realize that the way I play, and the way nanook plays, can be frustrating to those on the receiving end of my suspicions. I don't blame you - regardless of your alignment - for feeling like I'm tunnelling you. I promise you that I'm not and that if you're town I'll see it and get there on you.

Carry on.
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

Alison wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:21 am I realize that the way I play, and the way nanook plays, can be frustrating to those on the receiving end of my suspicions. I don't blame you - regardless of your alignment - for feeling like I'm tunnelling you. I promise you that I'm not and that if you're town I'll see it and get there on you.

Carry on.
Meh, I'm not annoyed at you at all but nanook saying he's completely fully sheeping is pretty bad. But oh well

Sheeping reads isn’t bad lol
Alison

Post by Alison »

he full sheeps people all the time as town

Like assessing that someone else has a better read than you is...just good play? It’s not like I’m just totally farming out every single read, but yeah, I’m gonna sheep people if/when I think it’s the correct decision to
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

Alison wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:29 am he full sheeps people all the time as town
Ok, well moving on from that

What do you think of Mac
Alison

Post by Alison »

I think Mac has committed himself to a position where if he's scum he more or less has to sheep my push on you, and if he's town he has good reasons to push you. Meaning that I'm not as worried about him Day 1, because he sort of is locked into siding with me no matter what.
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

Alison wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:37 am I think Mac has committed himself to a position where if he's scum he more or less has to sheep my push on you, and if he's town he has good reasons to push you. Meaning that I'm not as worried about him Day 1, because he sort of is locked into siding with me no matter what.
Do you think that applies if I'm v and Mac is w?
tutuu
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 237

Post by tutuu »

@Syn @Marmot sup bois where u at
Alison

Post by Alison »

Esooa wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:41 am
Alison wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:37 am I think Mac has committed himself to a position where if he's scum he more or less has to sheep my push on you, and if he's town he has good reasons to push you. Meaning that I'm not as worried about him Day 1, because he sort of is locked into siding with me no matter what.
I think that you being villager and Mac being a wolf is not a super likely possibility, and if it is, I think I can re-evaluate and figure out that he's been leading me down the wrong path D2. Even if he kills me, he's drawing a decent amount of heat onto himself due to the way he's pushed the read, and he's not power wolfing this game so I don't think he has the ability to just strongarm his way out of those suspicions. Basically, even in that unlikely scenario, I think Mac would be exposed as a wolf sooner or later whether by me or someone else, so I'm not particularly worried that he's going to get away with it if that's what's happening here.

Do you think that's what's happening here? What makes you believe that?
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

just saw sig is in the playerlist and almost jumped like a cat getting scared from a cucumber wtf is going on

am i seriously finding this game trippy

like. just weird stuff are going on please dont tell me its just me?
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Alison - Alive
Esooa - Alive
falcon45ca - Alive
Long Con - Alive
MacDougall - Alive
Marmot - Alive
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME - Alive
Poison - Alive
sig - Alive
Syn - Alive
tedxtr - Alive
tutuu - Alive
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

Alison wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:51 am
Esooa wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:41 am
I think that you being villager and Mac being a wolf is not a super likely possibility, and if it is, I think I can re-evaluate and figure out that he's been leading me down the wrong path D2. Even if he kills me, he's drawing a decent amount of heat onto himself due to the way he's pushed the read, and he's not power wolfing this game so I don't think he has the ability to just strongarm his way out of those suspicions. Basically, even in that unlikely scenario, I think Mac would be exposed as a wolf sooner or later whether by me or someone else, so I'm not particularly worried that he's going to get away with it if that's what's happening here.

Do you think that's what's happening here? What makes you believe that?
I'm just wondering what you think of him. I don't know if he's wolf or not, he's basically randtown to me rn but I wanted to know your read on him assuming cause I'm town, well, that's the world we live in so it's the most useful for me so consider
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

tutuu wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:52 am just saw sig is in the playerlist and almost jumped like a cat getting scared from a cucumber wtf is going on

am i seriously finding this game trippy

like. just weird stuff are going on please dont tell me its just me?
lmaooo not the cat jumping away from a cucumber
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

What do you think of poison?
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

if ur asking me i remember i thought shes town but dont remember why
Syn
Hitman
Posts in topic: 20

Post by Syn »

tutuu wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:51 am @Syn @Marmot sup bois where u at
nanook, mac, poison, tutuu town

esoo, marmot, ted woof

alison deep woof or great town

rest null

bask in the glory of my unexplained low-effort gut reads

tbh the only shaped read I have is on Esoo and everyone has already said everything there is to be said on that, and I hate just echoing things
ImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

syn town
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

u guys better be right on esoo cuz if u arent i swear to god im gonna spank all of u
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

tutuu wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:16 am u guys better be right on esoo cuz if u arent i swear to god im gonna spank all of u
I'm mafia :) are you gonna spank me when I flip town now?
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Esooa wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:21 am
tutuu wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:16 am u guys better be right on esoo cuz if u arent i swear to god im gonna spank all of u
youre just asking for it aint ya?
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

tutuu wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:26 am
Esooa wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:21 am
youre just asking for it aint ya?
hehe
Alison

Post by Alison »

please keep the BDSM roleplay to DMs
tedxtr
:wiz:
Posts in topic: 121
Location: some place where people retire from normals (maybe)
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by tedxtr »

wow, I don't even know who I'm supposed to talk to out of the people voting for me

I guess Mac because he doesn't vote me D1 very often, so what's up? @MacDougall

as for tutuu, I can't say anything but a lol. if anybody is voting me for that reason then I can't do anything but just answer with a massive facepalm.gif

other than Alison's vote, the small wagon on me is pretty much baseless, team. idk wat you're doing.
ImageImageImageImage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

i guess i'll go over why I was reconsidering Esooa

>first vote was based on page 1 posts, among which were pretty terrible posts, like the "are you role hunting" and one more that I can't remember off the top of my head

> then I re-iso'd them and looked at it from the perspective of them being new and thus, me being likely to be wrong with a baseline of a few posts. I didn't change my mind, I was just not feeling the read was as strong as I felt like it was from that perspective, so I wanted to give them space.

> then I kind of noticed that their posts on Alison and the progression were things that I'd expect a new wolf that hasn't wolfed against Alison to make. how do I know this? because i'm often like that, even though i'm not anymore, and I have insight on how wolves would kinda handle a conflict like that.
ImageImageImageImage
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

I've never played with anyone in this game, for what it's worth
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

sig wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:14 pm
tedxtr wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:03 am sup i’m a villager

also didn’t read anything but wanted to clear myself because my range is that thin
Hey Ted. Since you told me to play you're not allowed to lynch/kill me this game that's the rules.

Also speaking of rules I've not read them so have no clue what's going on.
sure, welcome back siggie!

you gotta shield me as well though, sounds like I'd need it at EoD. two-way street type of thing.
ImageImageImageImage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

gonna go play some ace attorney to cope with the inanities in thread

as for reads, falcon and alison are still probably villagers and don't have much else. will probably do by EoD, though.

and for falcon, I was Marge in the simpson's game.
ImageImageImageImage
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

@Alison what do you think of Syn
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 69

Post by MacDougall »

tedxtr wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:31 am wow, I don't even know who I'm supposed to talk to out of the people voting for me

I guess Mac because he doesn't vote me D1 very often, so what's up? @MacDougall

as for tutuu, I can't say anything but a lol. if anybody is voting me for that reason then I can't do anything but just answer with a massive facepalm.gif

other than Alison's vote, the small wagon on me is pretty much baseless, team. idk wat you're doing.
I dunno do you have reads or anything?
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

[VOTE: MacDougall ] aubergine
ImageImageImageImage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

it'd be your job to know if I have reads or not, what'd you even vote me for?

if it was solely for not having reads when I've given some, one of which you even agree with, then I'm clueless as to why you'd even vote me for that.

and plus, I don't remember the last time I've ever had too many reads on D1 when I town'd in games with you. so weird vote.

or at least, I don't remember when you found that scummy. I mean, you basically let me skate all the way to YeLo in amdibals for not having reads, and I was a scum there.
ImageImageImageImage
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

It'd be nice to have some reads from you, regardless of what you think of Mac
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

i have 3 reads that you can tack on

my iso has 12 posts

cmon
ImageImageImageImage
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

ah, sorry I'm between a lot of stuff and I couldn't recall them. I just read your ISO and yeah, I see. Well I'll just ask; what do you think of Mac and sig?
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

sig at about rand

mac idk what he's doing, i just know that he'd never vote me on D1 and especially not on those reasons. maybe there's something more behind it, like some gut thing on a specific post, but if the read is literally just that I didn't have reads, then first of all it's wrong, and second of all, I barely have any reads that I like on D1 and he should know that.

he's also playing differently, but not sure how much of it is AI.
ImageImageImageImage
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

I read over Marmot's iso and I agree with your read that their first post was weird, as well as just not feeling great about anything they said in general. I think they are lightly scummy but one thing I'm worried about is people associate them with me and read me scummy, because they said "I'm definitely not esooa's scum partner." Do you have any thoughts on it? I'm mostly worried town is being completely misdirected because of the reads on me. That's why I ask about syn, his read list just stood out to me, being "esoo, marmot, ted woof"
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

my only scum read is you and it's based on how you've been handling alison and your progression on her, among the page 1 posts that I still can't really get over.

i don't feel that great about it, but just seeing your posts, I find it pretty hard to believe that you'd end up changing my mind at some point and you're a big question mark for me. if we had a cop, then sure, I'd probably delay it.

if people end up actually posting AI stuff by EoD then maybe I can find something better. but I can already tell at EoD it's gonna be me against you just based on how this day went down.
ImageImageImageImage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

Esooa wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:33 am I'm mostly worried town is being completely misdirected because of the reads on me.
also part of why I want to flip you, to be honest. you're a big question mark and you aren't really being villager-y, or at least, not how I'd expect a villager to act.

as for the rest of your post, I did feel like Marmot's opening made ~no sense whatsoever.

and I think you're paying too much attention to the tying thing w/r/t Marmot. or maybe I missed some posts, but didn't feel like that was a thing. or just don't feel like it's a thing in general.

gonna go over my read on marmot in the next post
ImageImageImageImage

Esooa wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:47 am I've never played with anyone in this game, for what it's worth
I’m clem we played briefly on mini the other night

I thought you’ve played with Mac before?
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

I don't really think you're scummy and I doubt EoD is going to go that way, personally. But anyways; I get my first page was bad. Maybe my entry post was bad? That's just how I post stuff, but the asking tutuu if she was role fishing was pretty dumb. I never play with people who just open a game with claims, fake or really, and so I was confused by it. I'm not sure what you disagree with in regards to my progression on Alison. She has really weird reads on people such as saying nanoon is town because of how he changed his opinion on her, for something that I literally never had any clue about (her entry post read stuff). So yes I was back and forth on her and confused about some stuff. What problems did you have with the progression?
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:39 am
Esooa wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:47 am I've never played with anyone in this game, for what it's worth
I’m clem we played briefly on mini the other night

I thought you’ve played with Mac before?
Never in forum, I don't think my understanding of his video play will translate too well to it.
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

felt like Marmot's opener comes from a weird mindset. questioning why a villager would open up like that comes about empty.

i kinda thought that a scum was more likely to open up like that, because they'd know the state of the thread. but most of it is because I basically see no universe where somebody opens up the thread like that and is actually a villager without immediately pushing the person that they say they are outed, and instead go for somebody else just based on not having a weird posting style.

and from quoting and stuff, the only thing they had was that you asked a weird question, which is true, but that's it?

I guess a more concise view of it is that, on balance, I think a scum would be more aware of what the thread looks like and where suspicion lies, so opening up like that is easier for wolves than for town. Part of it is because a town would basically never have that thought iyam. Or at least, if they do, they don't end up voting someone because they aren't having a weird posting style from the previous game.
ImageImageImageImage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

this game feels weird as it is though

about 5 people are competing for the wolfiest posts in the game so far.

pretty tough to discern wolves from villagers bordering on open wolfing for no reason.

(and not even talking about you here, if you're a villager then it's not really your fault, obviously.)
ImageImageImageImage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

Esooa wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:42 am What problems did you have with the progression?
don't really think I wanna go into it, unless I end up thinking you're a wolf. but i'm not really sold either way.

i'd say that I think Marmot is scummier than you atm. or at least, the reasoning I have for him is more likely to be far more >rand than what I have for you.
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Rackets”