Custom 2-shot Doctor
Custom 2-shot Doctor

Mafia Role Cop
Mafia Strongman
Mafia Goon

Basic Mechanics:

Day Phase: 48 hours
Night Phase: 24 hours
During night, the thread will be open except for the last 2 hours prior to SoD (where it will be locked).
Night actions may only be submitted up to 1 hour prior to SoD.
Mafia will have a 24/7 BTSC chat channel via discord or any other format that is approved by the host.
There are no last wills or death notes.

Eliminations/Executions are plurality, done via a poll.
Votes are never locked.
There will be an option to skip an elimination, but the number of votes to skip must equal or outnumber the total number of votes to eliminate any player (Ex: If player A has 2 votes on them, and player B has 1 vote on them, then there must be 3 votes for skipping in order to skip).
Whenever you vote a player or "Skip" on the poll, or you are unvoting, you must state or mention that in a post (Using [VOTE: ] aubergine is preferred, though not necessary).
You may vote up to 2 players at a time; skip votes aren't counted for this purpose.
If by the end of a day phase you have more than 2 active votes (not counting skip) then none of your votes will be counted.
Ties in elimination votes (with exception to Skip votes) are arbitrarily resolved by whoever's first post in the day phase was later; If player A's first post on Day X is earlier than player B's first post on Day X then Player B will be eliminated.

Special post-cap limitation: There is a post cap of 75 per day & night phase. However, you may exceed this by another 75 posts per day; your post-cap for the next day phase will be reduced by how much you went over 75 posts!
For quality of life purposes, the host will keep track of everyone's post cap and will publicly post the updated limitations (I.e. "X Player's post-cap is at Y number of posts-in-topic until the next SoD") at the start of each day phase.
Please note that the post-cap is reset at the start of a day phase; meaning any posts made at night up until the next day phase will count as part of the post-cap!

Players may agree (prior to the game) to a post-cap lift that lasts from 2 hours prior to EoD until EoD. This will be determined via a poll on signups (where you can vote to have it as well as /in). If that is agreed upon by at least 7 players, then the following rules or statements in the spoiler here apply:
Spoiler: show
The host will also note and post when the post-cap has lifted. Within a few minutes after that, there will be a post noting how many posts were made by each player up to that point, with a reminder that any posts after that up until EoD will not count towards their post cap.

The thread will be locked at EoD temporarily until a post regarding the elimination is made, and a post made about player's post counts and how many posts they have left until the next SoD, where it is reset.

The Mafia have a factional kill each night. They will vote via PM, and in the event of a tie the player with the longest Syndicate username will win that tie.
The Mafia win by attaining 50% or more of the votes in the game (i.e. town have equal or less players alive than Mafia)
The Town win by eliminating the Mafia.

Rules:

You can expect fairly standard or typical rules, of which include things such as:
-No cheating or unauthorized BTSC of any kind.
-Typical forum rules apply (I.e. the guiding principle of "Don't be an asshat"). If you have a problem with a player specifically, then please contact the Game Facilitator.
-No invisible text.
-No editing or deletion of posts. If you need to edit, just quote your own post in a new post and do the edit that way.
-DO NOT show any evidence (i.e. image or screenshot) any PM from me. Paraphrasing or "using your own words" is allowed.

The host reserves this color, please avoid using colors similar to this.

While this is a game with a post-cap, it is expected that you make at least 5 posts per day phase. There is, however, NO expectation for you to post during a night phase.

There will be at least a 48-hour gap from the start time/date of the game and when role-cards are sent out. During that time, you are to reply to the role-card PM to confirm you are aware that the game is starting. Doing this task takes very little time, and unless your local power line got zapped by Zeus I don't expect any excuses for not confirming your role-card. Therefore, you will be replaced if you don't confirm/respond.

Role-Cards:
Vanilla Town

The basic town role card; you have no special abilities.
Custom 2-shot Doctor

You have two charges of a "protect" ability.

You may protect someone from night-kills during night. This will consume a charge.

You may use both your charges in a single night; however if both doctors attempt to collectively use more than 2 charges in a single night then only the first selection or target of each doctor will be done. The unused charge will be refunded.

You cannot self-protect.

You are not given feedback for successfully protecting someone, nor are your targets given feedback of being protected or healed.
Mafia Role Cop

Every night you may check someone for their role.

[insert discord link]
[insert names of mafia allies]
Mafia Strongman

You have a single-use night ability.

This ability will make the mafia factional kill ignore any doctor protection what-so-ever.

[insert discord link]
Mafia Goon

If the Mafia Strongman dies before using their single-use ability, you will be promoted to a Mafia Strongman and be given that ability.

Otherwise, you have no special abilities.

[insert discord link]

The game will being on the 26th of November, at 7PM EST.

If you have any questions or concerns feel free to PM me or DM me on Discord (MartinGG99#6510).

Host ISO Link

Players:

Alison - Alive
Esooa - Alive
falcon45ca - Dead, Vanilla Town
Long Con - Dead, Vanilla Town
MacDougall - Dead, Vanilla Town
Marmot - Alive
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME - Dead, Vanilla Town
Poison / DrWilgy - Alive
sig - Alive
Syn - Dead, Mafia Role Cop
tedxtr - Alive
tutuu - Alive

Game Links:
EoD1/Night 1
Host Error Annoucement
SoD2
EoD2
No Contest/Draw
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"
MartinGG99 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:40 am The only notable "solving" I've done publicly has managed to kill someone who had the same power role and alignment as me.

If that doesn't make a mockery of my confidence in my solving then I don't know what will.
Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:54 pm Competition is only impressive when it is kind.
MartinGG99
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 31
Preferred Pronouns: He/him
They/them

Re: Overtime Mafia [Pre-Game]

Post by MartinGG99 »

Clarification: Mafia night kills will be mandatory; they will not be able to intentionally "no-kill" during this game.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"
MartinGG99 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:40 am The only notable "solving" I've done publicly has managed to kill someone who had the same power role and alignment as me.

If that doesn't make a mockery of my confidence in my solving then I don't know what will.
Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:54 pm Competition is only impressive when it is kind.
MartinGG99
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 31
Preferred Pronouns: He/him
They/them

Re: Overtime Mafia [Day 1]

Post by MartinGG99 »

@Alison
@Esooa
@falcon45ca
@Long Con
@MacDougall
@Marmot
@NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
@Poison
@sig
@Syn
@tedxtr
@tutuu

Day 1 has begun for Overtime Mafia!

It will end in the next 48 hours, on Saturday at 7PM (EST).

Everyone's post-cap is the same for SoD1:

75 posts-in-topic, and you can exceed this by another 75 posts, however your SoD2 post-cap will be reduced by how much you went over 75 posts!
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
falcon45ca
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 48

Post by falcon45ca »

Hard claim Town, don't lynch me.
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
Syn
Hitman
Posts in topic: 20

Post by Syn »

hello
ImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 40
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Sup
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Esooa
Made Man
Posts in topic: 228
Preferred Pronouns: She/her

Post by Esooa »

Hard claim mafia (I will not be rescinding) don't exe me.

Also hi @tutuu

Also I rescind my mafia claim
I’ll come clean team. I have failed you.
I never expected to survive the night. I was very confused about the char flip and I was on my way to a very hot date. We stayed overnight to celebrate my girl bday and vday weekend. Last thing in my mind was the game... I never submitted an action last night. :doh:
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

This is my first game in the forum btw c:
I never expected to survive the night. I was very confused about the char flip and I was on my way to a very hot date. We stayed overnight to celebrate my girl bday and vday weekend. Last thing in my mind was the game... I never submitted an action last night. :doh:
Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

Esooa wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:15 pm Hard claim mafia (I will not be rescinding) don't exe me.

Also hi @tutuu

claiming woof, made a promise, and broke the promise

v sus

ImageImageImageImage
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Esooa wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:15 pm Hard claim mafia (I will not be rescinding) don't exe me.

Also hi @tutuu

That's exactly what a Maf would say...
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Syn wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:24 pm

Also hi @tutuu

claiming woof, made a promise, and broke the promise

v sus
You said it first, but I arrived at my conclusion independently.

Gonna give you a town lean for now. Don't make me regret it.
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

My profile picture is a wolf girl...
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Esooa wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:38 pm My profile picture is a wolf girl...
I don't believe you.
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Esooa wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:18 pm This is my first game in the forum btw c:
Where do you usually play?
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

falcon45ca wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:49 pm
I started on MU a couple weeks ago. Otherwise I'm new. But don't take that to mean too much, I've been trying very hard to get better
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

falcon45ca wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:44 pm
Esooa wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:38 pm My profile picture is a wolf girl...
I don't believe you.
I'll show you when I get home
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Esooa wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:01 pm
I started on MU a couple weeks ago. Otherwise I'm new. But don't take that to mean too much, I've been trying very hard to get better
Nothing wrong with being a new player, and we're all trying to get better! What drove you to choose a wolf girl for your profile pic?
Poison
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 25
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/cookies
Aka: Cookie In The Woods

Post by Poison »

Yo!
XTMF wrote:Yo Poison, you are fucking dying.
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

falcon45ca wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:13 pm
Esooa wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:01 pm
Nothing wrong with being a new player, and we're all trying to get better! What drove you to choose a wolf girl for your profile pic?
tbh I didn't even realize the connection of her being a wolf girl until just when I mentioned it in thread, lmao. She's just cute and I like her.
tutuu
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 237

Post by tutuu »

my reaction when i opened my role pm and saw my alignment

tutuu

Post by tutuu »

i just had this dream where we were playing some dnd/roleplaying game. nanook was the host and there were 4 players. alison (i subbed in for her), macdougall, syn, and 1 more person i forgot. mac kept complaining that im euro and new and i got increasingly frustrated at him, and as soon as we had started i wrote "tutuu anxiously started tapping her foot, looking around her" and before i hit enter nanook said "inb4 tutuu names her character after herself, that would be silly :P" and my frustration grew tenfold so i didnt wanna post anymore. syn was the only one who was nice to me. but then i woke up and i got worried if we're still playing and i felt bad cuz i didnt wanna just ditch the group so i kept thinking if i should open discord and ask ppl but i ~think~ it was a dream right. i wonder what it means. if its a prophecy for this game somehow
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

esooa towny
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

i hard claim custom 2-shot doctor

other doc protect me, please
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

tutuu wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:50 pm i just had this dream where we were playing some dnd/roleplaying game. nanook was the host and there were 4 players. alison (i subbed in for her), macdougall, syn, and 1 more person i forgot. mac kept complaining that im euro and new and i got increasingly frustrated at him, and as soon as we had started i wrote "tutuu anxiously started tapping her foot, looking around her" and before i hit enter nanook said "inb4 tutuu names her character after herself, that would be silly :P" and my frustration grew tenfold so i didnt wanna post anymore. syn was the only one who was nice to me. but then i woke up and i got worried if we're still playing and i felt bad cuz i didnt wanna just ditch the group so i kept thinking if i should open discord and ask ppl but i ~think~ it was a dream right. i wonder what it means. if its a prophecy for this game somehow
awh *hug*
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

tutuu wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:55 pm i hard claim custom 2-shot doctor

are you role fishing? o.o
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

*hug*
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Esooa wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:59 pm

no im doc i need protection so i dont die to the mafia

tutuu wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:50 pm i just had this dream where we were playing some dnd/roleplaying game. nanook was the host and there were 4 players. alison (i subbed in for her), macdougall, syn, and 1 more person i forgot. mac kept complaining that im euro and new and i got increasingly frustrated at him, and as soon as we had started i wrote "tutuu anxiously started tapping her foot, looking around her" and before i hit enter nanook said "inb4 tutuu names her character after herself, that would be silly :P" and my frustration grew tenfold so i didnt wanna post anymore. syn was the only one who was nice to me. but then i woke up and i got worried if we're still playing and i felt bad cuz i didnt wanna just ditch the group so i kept thinking if i should open discord and ask ppl but i ~think~ it was a dream right. i wonder what it means. if its a prophecy for this game somehow
If I ever run an RPG and you’re in it I promise I won’t make a snarky comment about you naming your character after yourself

Although that is a very tutu thing to do :p
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

tutuu wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:00 pm

I gotchu
Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

i love you tutuu

ImageImageImageImage
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

awww thank u nookie im sorry u were an antagonist in my dream i couldnt control it >.<

altho i (shockingly, against all odds) randed town this game so i wonder if that means ur mafia. my dream can be clairvoyant sometime. is mac also in the game? id scumread him if he is. he was the most rude

thanks for protecting me though, ur rly the best <3

i love you very much too synnie (especially if u protect me too) <3 <3 <3

i am your queen and you are my simp!!!!!!
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

WOW HE IS

HE IS

HE IS

I COMPLETEL FORGOT THE PLAYERLIST. WASN'T MAC A SUB FOR THIS GAME? WHEN DID HE GET IN????

[VOTE: MacDougall] aubergine

maybe go be rude to someone else, fucking scum? im sorry that im euro and im inexperienced in roleplaying??????
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

But maf have a strongman?
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Esooa wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:06 pm

oh shit

curses, foiled again!
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

tutuu wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:07 pm
Esooa wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:06 pm

oh shit

curses, foiled again!
oh noo
also I'm glad to be playing with you cutie
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

i am glad too <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

you will have lots of opportunity to learn how to play mafia with me!!!

basically, observe what i'm doing, and do the complete opposite!!!!!
Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

tutuu wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:21 pm i am glad too <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

you will have lots of opportunity to learn how to play mafia with me!!!

basically, observe what i'm doing, and do the complete opposite!!!!!
she literally did that lolol

ImageImageImageImage

tutuu wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:04 pm awww thank u nookie im sorry u were an antagonist in my dream i couldnt control it >.<

altho i (shockingly, against all odds) randed town this game so i wonder if that means ur mafia. my dream can be clairvoyant sometime. is mac also in the game? id scumread him if he is. he was the most rude

thanks for protecting me though, ur rly the best <3

i love you very much too synnie (especially if u protect me too) <3 <3 <3

i am your queen and you are my simp!!!!!!
I gotchu I’ll veto any kills on you idc what my partners want
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 69

Post by MacDougall »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:14 pm Sup

Also hi @tutuu

Scum scum everyone else town gg see you d2
Alison
Posts in topic: 229
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Alison »

So is everyone just going to sit around and pretend like Esooa hasn't been outed or are you just fishing for her partner?
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
Alison

Post by Alison »

[v]Esooa[/v]
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:56 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:14 pm Sup

Also hi @tutuu

Scum scum everyone else town gg see you d2
mac trying to discredit me asap cause I'll sniff out his mafia stench immediately
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

esooa town lol
Alison

Post by Alison »

I've found one Esooa teammate
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

lmao Alison
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

Tutuu trying to gain my favor is probably NAI
Alison

Post by Alison »

Esooa wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:30 pm Tutuu trying to gain my favor is probably NAI
oh, really

what makes you think it's NAI
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

Alison wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:31 pm
Esooa wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:30 pm Tutuu trying to gain my favor is probably NAI
oh, really

what makes you think it's NAI
she's gay
Poison
Loan Shark

Post by Poison »

Syn wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:00 pm
i love you tutuu
excuse me? no I love tutuu.
Poison
Loan Shark

Post by Poison »

falcon45ca wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:05 pm Hard claim Town, don't lynch me.
hard claims town don't lynch him.

Return to “Previous Rackets”