Re: Mountainous Two-Kill Tenner #2 - States in the US [DAY 1]

Post by robyn »

Alison wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:45 am
lucy wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:44 am
Alison wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:42 am
lucy wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:37 am
Alison wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:36 am [VOTE: lucy] aubergine
[VOTE: NotAnAxehole] aubergine

Going to park my vote on the mafia team.
0/2
It beggars belief that you are simultaneously this aware of how scummy NAA's play is and also willing to defend him for no reason beyond "too wolfy to be wolf" while also locktowning me for totally random stuff after being snowed by me in our last game together.

I think you are positioning yourself for maximum cred while not doing anything to actually help.
question: if I flip town will you see me as a stronger player for doing all of this which you find "too correct"?
Only if NAA also flips town. I'm not gonna think better of you if he's mafia and you're town since then you knew he was being scummy as hell and just let him off the hook for no reason.
reasonable
Porscha
Made Man
Posts in topic: 240

Post by Porscha »

lucy wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:40 am
Porscha wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:39 am
lucy wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:20 am
MacDougall wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:18 am
lucy wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:16 am
MacDougall wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:15 am
lucy wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:10 am mac (if he dies early lol)

alison/Axe
sabi
seanzie
achro

falcon (null)

wigly/Porscha
I hate the fuck out of this solve coming from your fivehead ass.
???????
your solves are usually much more creative than whatever has got you to this point
that's cause this is forced lmao, I will revise later
why did you force it? you denied the force request earlier in the game but now you'll just willy nilly throw one out and say it's trash b/c it's forced? why bother forcing it then
read the start of the game and most of achro's messages, thanks
I already did and won't do it again because no matter how you try to phrase "ah well scum reads are best left for later" (which I agree with) nobody made you put that list out there and then have you retract it when it sucked butthole, so your answer does not satisfy me in the least
You're being an unacceptable level of stupid, with zero sexy, and no sense of humor.
Spoiler: show
Image ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 151
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Alison »

MacDougall wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:48 am
Alison wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:46 am
NotAnAxehole wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:45 am Having nothing but bad reads probably means you are wolfing.

Specifically this part.
My reads are good. Yours aren't.
You don't even have confident reads on anyone and were sheeping my axe read like 15 minutes ago before you suddenly decided you believed it beyond all doubt because you got caught overdefending your position.
I sheeped it out of respect for your read. I no longer thing you have a good or accurate grasp on the game. :shrug:
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 374

Post by MacDougall »

Alison wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:48 am
MacDougall wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:46 am
Alison wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:44 am
MacDougall wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:42 am
Alison wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:39 am
MacDougall wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:37 am Why?
1) It is extremely bad for town to make those votes. Like if I had to pick three people to be my only votes all game and wanted to find the most anti town slots to put those votes on it would be that exact three.
2) NAA would know 1).
3) Therefore he would not make those votes as town.
1) The majority of the players in this game have voted for me at one point or another. I have also voted for seanzie along with several others. Also many people have voted you. Given at least several town have voted on all three of us at some point i think it's asinine to assume that it's beyond the town mindset to vote one of us three. I am beyond certain that if Axehole was/is town here that he would not be viewing voting you or me as anti town behaviour even if he fucken townread us!

This is literally why I am cannot reconcile you as town here.
Having one bad read means you made a mistake. Having nothing but bad reads probably means you are wolfing.

NAA falls into the latter category.
So you hold Axe's reads accuracy and commitment to pro-town play to a higher standard than Sabi and Falcon?
By a large margin. Maybe I wouldn't when I first met him but he has reformed and tries his best to win his games now. He is also has way better reads as town than Falcon and Sabi who are =rand and <rand respectively.
I'm going to leave Axe himself to be the judge of whether this is actually true or not.
robyn
screaming
Posts in topic: 210
Preferred Pronouns: they/them

Post by robyn »

Porscha wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:48 am
MacDougall wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:15 am

I hate the fuck out of this solve coming from your fivehead ass.
???????
your solves are usually much more creative than whatever has got you to this point
why did you force it? you denied the force request earlier in the game but now you'll just willy nilly throw one out and say it's trash b/c it's forced? why bother forcing it then
I already did and won't do it again because no matter how you try to phrase "ah well scum reads are best left for later" (which I agree with) nobody made you put that list out there and then have you retract it when it sucked butthole, so your answer does not satisfy me in the least
I didn't retract it? Mac just said it wasn't good/creative and I said obviously
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

NotAnAxehole wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:45 am Having nothing but bad reads probably means you are wolfing.

Specifically this part.
You don't even have confident reads on anyone and were sheeping my axe read like 15 minutes ago before you suddenly decided you believed it beyond all doubt because you got caught overdefending your position.
I sheeped it out of respect for your read. I no longer thing you have a good or accurate grasp on the game. :shrug:
Based on?
Alison

Post by Alison »

MacDougall wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:51 am

Specifically this part.
Based on?
The part where you are confbiasing yourself into an extremely inaccurate read on me.
Alison

Post by Alison »

I am going for lunch. The thread state has degenerated and nobody is convincing everyone else. You can think I'm mafia but I hope you at least recognize this and take a break to let others weigh in.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Alison wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:53 am I am going for lunch. The thread state has degenerated and nobody is convincing everyone else. You can think I'm mafia but I hope you at least recognize this and take a break to let others weigh in.
anyone* else
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

0/2
It beggars belief that you are simultaneously this aware of how scummy NAA's play is and also willing to defend him for no reason beyond "too wolfy to be wolf" while also locktowning me for totally random stuff after being snowed by me in our last game together.

I think you are positioning yourself for maximum cred while not doing anything to actually help.
bold, but I disagree that this attempt from mac would be seen as non contributing
You're being an unacceptable level of stupid, with zero sexy, and no sense of humor.
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

lucy wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:42 am
Porscha wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:41 am
lucy wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:28 am
NotAnAxehole wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:27 am
lucy wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:25 am
NotAnAxehole wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:24 am
lucy wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:23 am yeah no this is pretty townie from Alison
You're just biased
aren't you more biased?
I mean, you can do a meta dive, I've never once killed someone on site because I dislike them, and god knows I dislike a few people in this community.
and I've never shielded a person I've liked
oh since youre SR'ing me you like me? so sweet of you lucy
I believe you're scum, that's mutually exclusive when considering my thoughts about someone
but you've never shielded a person youve liked so you only shield people you don't like. and you aren't shielding me so I am living in a fantasy where maybe you like me. I will not change this
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 99
Preferred Pronouns: HE

Post by NotAnAxehole »

MacDougall wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:50 am
1) It is extremely bad for town to make those votes. Like if I had to pick three people to be my only votes all game and wanted to find the most anti town slots to put those votes on it would be that exact three.
2) NAA would know 1).
1) The majority of the players in this game have voted for me at one point or another. I have also voted for seanzie along with several others. Also many people have voted you. Given at least several town have voted on all three of us at some point i think it's asinine to assume that it's beyond the town mindset to vote one of us three. I am beyond certain that if Axehole was/is town here that he would not be viewing voting you or me as anti town behaviour even if he fucken townread us!

Having one bad read means you made a mistake. Having nothing but bad reads probably means you are wolfing.

So you hold Axe's reads accuracy and commitment to pro-town play to a higher standard than Sabi and Falcon?
By a large margin. Maybe I wouldn't when I first met him but he has reformed and tries his best to win his games now. He is also has way better reads as town than Falcon and Sabi who are =rand and <rand respectively.
I'm going to leave Axe himself to be the judge of whether this is actually true or not.
Read accuracy is a lot more complicated than people give it credit for, because it's hard to understand the exact nuance of it when you're playing a game of deception... Like, is it all about the end result, is it close like hand grenades, is it all or nothing?

Has my presence in recent games been heavily pro-town? I would say yes. Has my read accuracy been great? I would say no - but I've heard people define players (myself included) as having good games when I'm like... Nah, it's all or nothing, because in mafia if you're a PoE player, being off by 1 is a L.

All that to say, I actually think Alison is town here and I think I'm unfairly judging her on a bad read that I myself am the cause of. That being said, it's really fucking late here.
Russian Machine Never Breaks 769 #3
2022 Stats
| Overall 4-6 40% | Town 4-6 40% | Mafia 0-0 - |

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
| Overall 6-5 55% | Town 4-5 44% | Mafia 2-0 100% |
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer

Post by NotAnAxehole »

Funnily enough, I think I'm far more pro-town when I don't talk about the game like the last 2 I've played on site, this game I've been decidedly anti-town so far ;)
2022 Stats

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

Porscha wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:57 am
NotAnAxehole wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:24 am

You're just biased
aren't you more biased?
I mean, you can do a meta dive, I've never once killed someone on site because I dislike them, and god knows I dislike a few people in this community.
I believe you're scum, that's mutually exclusive when considering my thoughts about someone
but you've never shielded a person youve liked so you only shield people you don't like. and you aren't shielding me so I am living in a fantasy where maybe you like me. I will not change this
you misunderstand me, I've never shielded a person because I've liked them
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

2) NAA would know 1).

honestly kind of disagree that the party with the least info makes the best reads and the party with the most info makes the worst reads on a consistent basis but w/e
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Alison wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:52 am

Specifically this part.
Based on?
The part where you are confbiasing yourself into an extremely inaccurate read on me.
I'm not confirmation biasing. I am interrogating. And frankly I am enjoying it and also appreciate being able to do so to my full extent without getting made to feel like I'm being an asshole so thank you for being you.
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

lucy wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:59 am
Porscha wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:57 am

aren't you more biased?
you misunderstand me, I've never shielded a person because I've liked them
it can all change. you can open your eyes and see me for the town I am
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

NotAnAxehole wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:58 am Funnily enough, I think I'm far more pro-town when I don't talk about the game like the last 2 I've played on site, this game I've been decidedly anti-town so far ;)
agreed
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

0/2

question: if I flip town will you see me as a stronger player for doing all of this which you find "too correct"?
are you projecting your read of me onto yourself?

the timing is too hysterical since you're voting me for being too towny and therefore a wolf
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer

Post by NotAnAxehole »

MacDougall wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:50 am
2) NAA would know 1).

Oh, the question was, do I think Alison believes this?

I think to some extent, yes.
2022 Stats

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

MacDougall wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:59 am

Specifically this part.
Based on?
I'm not confirmation biasing. I am interrogating. And frankly I am enjoying it and also appreciate being able to do so to my full extent without getting made to feel like I'm being an asshole so thank you for being you.
hopefully I gave you the same you aren't an asshole vibes earlier
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

lucy wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:02 am
MacDougall wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:59 am
Based on?
hopefully I gave you the same you aren't an asshole vibes earlier
well you didn't give me the opposite so by proxy yes lol
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

Porscha wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:01 am

0/2

the timing is too hysterical since you're voting me for being too towny and therefore a wolf
yes lmao, except I think it's a valid read both ways
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Okay so now I've established that both Axe and Alison are in fact town. Hooray.
Sabiplz
<3
Posts in topic: 122
Preferred Pronouns: They them
Aka: Kuti

Post by Sabiplz »

Checking into the thread and there's a lot to catch up on. Hi @Alison .I'm goijg to quickly read so I can get my thoughts out while people are still in the thread.

Anyway questions for me plz ping xoxo
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

So the solve is achro and whichever of lucy/porscha make the most sense to be the partner.
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer

Post by NotAnAxehole »

MacDougall wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:03 am Okay so now I've established that both Axe and Alison are in fact town. Hooray.
TBH, we probably could have arrived at this without the last several pages, but it's hard for me to pull out of a fight when I'm enjoying it so much. LOL
2022 Stats

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer

Post by NotAnAxehole »

unvote all around for me
2022 Stats

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

lucy wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:50 am

???????
okay you saying it was forced and you'll fix it later (to presumably make a "good" reads list) is pretty much retracting. if you can't defend it, then why did you bother?
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

lucy wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:03 am

0/2

convenient ;p
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

Porscha wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:08 am

okay you saying it was forced and you'll fix it later (to presumably make a "good" reads list) is pretty much retracting. if you can't defend it, then why did you bother?
LMAO WHAT, everyone changes their reads list a lot, you should assume all d1 reads lists will be retracted if you play by this logic
Alison

Post by Alison »

[VOTE: Achro] aubergine
[VOTE: Lucy] aubergine

Still at lunch, on mobile. I'm not sure mafia NAA would be able to resist egging on a fight between me and Mac considering his views on us as townies. His turnaround is probably genuine.

Still think lucy is outed.

Just voting Achro as the default second.

I may change upon further thought once I get back. This is my knee jerk.
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

Porscha wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:09 am

0/2

convenient ;p
explain how it was convenient, I never disagreed with Alisons read thus I sent something for posterity
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

Alison wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:11 am [VOTE: Achro] aubergine

Still at lunch, on mobile. I'm not sure mafia NAA would be able to resist egging on a fight between me and Mac considering his views on us as townies. His turnaround is probably genuine.

explain ur read on me
Alison

Post by Alison »

@Mac how confident on you are Sabi

Someone check if lucy/Porscha makes sense as partners from earlier interactions since they're treating each other very oddly.
Alison

Post by Alison »

lucy wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:13 am

explain ur read on me
Same as before.
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

lucy wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:10 am

LMAO WHAT, everyone changes their reads list a lot, you should assume all d1 reads lists will be retracted if you play by this logic
yeah they change - usually over time - but you literally made it, got questioned, and immediately said it wasn't good. like there was no time in between that. so what exactly prompted you to put the shit tier list since we've established you will not defend it
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Alison wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:13 am @Mac how confident on you are Sabi

Someone check if lucy/Porscha makes sense as partners from earlier interactions since they're treating each other very oddly.
Not very.
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

Porscha wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:14 am

yeah they change - usually over time - but you literally made it, got questioned, and immediately said it wasn't good. like there was no time in between that. so what exactly prompted you to put the shit tier list since we've established you will not defend it
I don't make reads d1, ergo I assumed it was bad, but I made it regardless
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

Alison wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:13 am

explain ur read on me
Same as before.
repeat it with more elaboration when ur free
Alison

Post by Alison »

Achro
Wilgy
Lucy
Porscha
Sabi

Think all mafia in here assuming my clear on NAA is correct. Anyone willing to submit a towncase on one of these to narrow it down?
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

lucy wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:11 am

0/2

convenient ;p
explain how it was convenient, I never disagreed with Alisons read thus I sent something for posterity
what do you mean for posterity? I don't really care either way if you disagreed or agreed with her
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Do you sus sabi?
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

Alison wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:16 am Achro
Wilgy
Lucy
Porscha
Sabi

Think all mafia in here assuming my clear on NAA is correct. Anyone willing to submit a towncase on one of these to narrow it down?
huzzah my NAA read is correct
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

lucy wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:15 am

sure. my question has been "but why" did you make it.
Achromatic
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 226
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Sir Chris/Chris

Post by Achromatic »

Alison wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:16 am Achro
Wilgy
Lucy
Porscha
Sabi

Yea. Porscha is very different from her previous mafia game where someone was onto her for meta reasons. Don't think her tonal change shifts that much that quick. She's probably just v
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

Porscha wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:17 am
lucy wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:11 am

convenient ;p
what do you mean for posterity? I don't really care either way if you disagreed or agreed with her
me not disagreeing means it's consistent with my opinion that the read was valid...
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

Porscha wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:17 am
lucy wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:15 am

sure. my question has been "but why" did you make it.
learning
Alison

Post by Alison »

lucy wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:16 am
Alison wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:13 am

explain ur read on me
Same as before.
repeat it with more elaboration when ur free
You clearly thought that the push on me by NAA and Mac was bullshit, but your attempts at arguing against it lacked a genuine conviction to protect your townread. Your reason for townreading me seemed kind of random, and a little too light considering I just snowed you. All in all, I got the impression that your primary motivation for contributing to that conversation was to look good after an Alison flip rather than genuinely push a pro town agenda.
Alison

Post by Alison »

FWIW I am not 100% on you despite saying you are outed. That was partially hyperbole. But you are a top scumread of mine. I know you have the ability to obvtown when under pressure so if you are town I wouldn't worry about it. Just focus on finding the actual mafia and trust me to get there on you.

Return to “Previous Hustles”