dyachei
Emotional Support Cat
Posts in topic: 96
Preferred Pronouns: They/them

Re: Gym Class Mafia D2

Post by dyachei »

DrWilgy wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:38 am
Wisdom wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 6:15 am
DrWilgy wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 9:38 pm What is an ITA?
In Thread Attack.
During the ITA window you have a chance to attack someone, with a 10% chance of hitting. Everyone has one shot each today.

(Actually I might be willing to derp clear for this)
Jokes on you. I'd likely not have known as either alignment.
unironically think this is slight v
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 50

Post by DrWilgy »

Marmot wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 8:48 am This is DrWilgy's vote from early Day 1.

DrWilgy wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:25 am [VOTE: HK] aubergine is a wolf this game and is to be yeeted at last light.

This is an imperial decree and shall not be revoked.

And given hk's posts to that point:

hollowkatt wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 10:16 pm I'd say I'm fashionably late but by the looks of things I'm still early
hollowkatt wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 10:16 pm so goodby for days

I think it's a bussable vote. I wouldn't put it past Wilgy to vote a teammate early on like this.
You aren't wrong about me voting a teammate early.

This was, however, a real read. I think I got HK decently figured out of late. Pretty pleased with my ability to insta read them. (Am I allowed to say see JJJ's recent game, as that's now over?)
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 50

Post by DrWilgy »

Sabiplz wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 10:46 am @DrWilgy you haven't interacted with me but you silently voted for me. May I ask what is your read on me?
No read.

I recall someone said that if Alison is wolf, you are wolf too. Alison flipped wolf and I voted. No real thought or read went into it, thus I had nothing to say.

I'll try to read through and figure out something, but I'm having trouble getting a foot hold this game outside of my early day 1 take.

Real sleepy boy hours result in my 2 remaining braincells unable to click together for that last spark I need to successfully process anything anyone is saying this game.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Shending_Help
The Mark
Posts in topic: 271
Preferred Pronouns: He/him
Aka: Shending

Re: Gym Class Mafia D1

Post by Shending_Help »

Reasons I think Sean's town:

Seanzie wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:34 am
DrWilgy wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:25 am [VOTE: HK] aubergine is a wolf this game and is to be yeeted at last light.

Yeah, I can get behind this. [VOTE: HallowKatt] aubergine
Think he'd likely distance more actively if bussing (Small town-point)

---
Seanzie wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 4:57 pm
Shending_Help wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 2:55 pm
► Show Spoiler
this is a weird post

idk if scummy though :p
Try
bracket spoiler close bracket, rather than bracket spoil close bracket, it is also the blue "spoiler" button on the full editor, rather than the little eye icon
Shending_Help wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 3:09 pm My spiciest read is that Sean might be TWTBAW

literally just posting "first" and nothing else, and then later popping in with "yeah i can get behind this *votes HK*"

It's far from a solid read, but i kinda believe he'd post *something* else in either of his pop-ins if woofing
Was my post where I asked for new-to-TS people's experience level not CWAC? I don't believe you really have this read on me.
NotAnAxehole wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 3:29 pm This is a draft game? Lime Coke drafted mafia team...

Well, I'm confirmed town.

1) Lime Coke hates me and would never subject himself to being in a chat with me
2) Lime Coke thinks I'm bad at mafia
3) Lime Coke thinks I'm bad at town

Gym class is easy. I won't post again today, but I'll vote someone later. If I ever die during the day this game, I take no responsibility for it because you should all know better, and those who don't should inform themselves. It's not just like "Lime Coke slightly dislikes this guy"... It's bad.
I agree with this read and also believe it applies to me.
Shending_Help wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 3:36 pm I don't have any hard input on what exact players Limecoke/Brad would pick as mafia or not.

But i do have thoughts.

To balance a game like this the PRs / Mechanics that Lime has available to him must be EXTREMELY strong/interesting. Otherwise there would be no point in picking them over actual extra players in the mafia team. Therefore I strongly believe Limecoke couldn't resist picking at least 2+ of those PR / mechanics that he found the most alure towards, to see how they played out while he's speccing the game.

If he was gonna play too? Then i could see him just picking the max amount of players if he thought that was +EV, but as a spec? It sounds much more interesting to see if the OP mechanics you picked could work out towards a win than if a huge scumteam could pull it through.

TL;DR: i don't think there's 5-6 maf. Think there might even be 2 if i had to bet tbh
I severely doubt there are 2 mafia when roles don't multisask.
I like how he points out a post i missed, and how he says he doesn't believe I have the read. I also like the way he's adding on that he's prolly Town for similar reasons as NAA. With the way he later says that he doesn't wanna go deeper into why for 'thread health reasons' I feel like he isn't just not going into it because the reason doesn't exist. And I feel like he might've as wolf had more motivation to go into the reasons why Lime dislikes him if he's wolfing in order to clear himself. (Small town-point)

---
Seanzie wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 8:35 pm [VOTE: Alison] aubergine

serious vote.
Seanzie wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 8:40 pm Aside from Alison posting her rolecard in the thread, not much has happened, and that should change.

Someone do something that actually makes me feel things before I jokingly give a post-game cred list of four names, which actually ends up perfectly spot on, and everyone congratulates me for bagging the scum team on post 105, and then I don't ever admit it was just a joke list, and for the rest of my days I feel like a phony because my "best" town victory is actually just a sham, all because this current thread is slow.

So uhh... yeah. Somebody do a backflip or TMI someone else or something.
I feel like this super confident/aggressive sass of "Aside from Alison posting her rolecard in the thread..." doesn't give off w/w vibes. (Medium town-point)

---
Alison wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 2:38 am
Seanzie wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 4:57 pm I agree with this read and also believe it applies to me.
I wasn't aware that LC disliked you that strongly.
This reads to me like Alison saw several townies trying to clear themselves for similar reasons (Axe and then Sean), and felt the need to step in to shade the one of them that felt slightly more questionable from an outside perspective. It's very not good for the wolves if the town as a whole accepts those self-draft-related clears. And Alison doesn't even like go hard here, just subtly "does he tho?" so it doesn't feel like distancing either. It makes so much sense to me that Sean is just a villa from this post alone (BIG town-point)

---
Seanzie wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 7:40 am
Sabiplz wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 1:16 am Catch up post: (idk how post numbers work here so bare with me)

Here are the people that stand out to me:

Shending_help:

I really like their tone in this opening posts. Feels very nature and genuine.
Shending_Help wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 2:52 pm Yeah i mean, vibing is what we need rn to get things rolling, hard to go tryhard mode with 50 posts in the thread :D

And to your response... *fair enough*
I have play a bunch of turbo games with Swede here. When they are wolf they have difficulties articulating reads and feel very stiff and safe. When town they are very brazen and loud with their reads. What I mean is they don't mind dropping controversial takes when town. This post below is very much in their town meta range:
Shending_Help wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 3:09 pm My spiciest read is that Sean might be TWTBAW

literally just posting "first" and nothing else, and then later popping in with "yeah i can get behind this *votes HK*"

It's far from a solid read, but i kinda believe he'd post *something* else in either of his pop-ins if woofing
Anyway I like this post, very much shows Swede being comfortable, showing progression in their thoughts.
Shending_Help wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 3:36 pm I don't have any hard input on what exact players Limecoke/Brad would pick as mafia or not.

But i do have thoughts.

To balance a game like this the PRs / Mechanics that Lime has available to him must be EXTREMELY strong/interesting. Otherwise there would be no point in picking them over actual extra players in the mafia team. Therefore I strongly believe Limecoke couldn't resist picking at least 2+ of those PR / mechanics that he found the most alure towards, to see how they played out while he's speccing the game.

If he was gonna play too? Then i could see him just picking the max amount of players if he thought that was +EV, but as a spec? It sounds much more interesting to see if the OP mechanics you picked could work out towards a win than if a huge scumteam could pull it through.

TL;DR: i don't think there's 5-6 maf. Think there might even be 2 if i had to bet tbh
The last bit about about guessing how many mafia there is feels like a town slip. Yes I think all town slips are fake but this kinda feels real.

All the praise about Swede kinda gone with this post. I feel like as soon as she faced someone familar push back on them their tone got way more stiff. I dunno feels very uncomfortable to me.

Shending_Help wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:36 pm
Wisdom wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:24 pm
Shending_Help wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:06 pm Think wisdoms read on HK is villagery. Both the part about HKs treatment of Axe and the analysis of what t!HK would've done
You are also a wolf and this is a pocket attempt!!!
With all the hype (!!!) I can't decipher if you're joking or not, but maybe thats by design :p

But...

No I swear I'm not!!!
Seanzie turn:

He had a weird first page opening that I don't even want to register as.

Anyway I do like this post from them but also it feels like they are just saying words for the sake of saying words and don't actually mean it. He wants to appear like oh hey look at me spittingniut buzz words.
Seanzie wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 5:14 pm CWAC - Contribute without actually contributing. Anything that has the "feeling" of moving the game forward without really having an impact. Often comes in the form of questions that don't go anywhere. Wolves and town both do it, but wolves will sometimes do only CWAC and IIoA (information instead of analysis) in hopes that townies don't spot that they really aren't positively impacting the gamestate.

Yes, multitask, that was a typo. TS is not MS, so this is not gospel here, but: https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Multitasking. From what I can tell of what Nook wrote, I think it is clear that mafia members could be assigned multiple roles, but they'd only be able to use one role per night (they can use their role and carry the NK on the same night though), so LC is unlikely to take more roles than mafia members (aside from a few edge cases where maybe they took a role useless for scum in order to keep it from town).
I dunno how I feel about everyone analyzing the draft and analyzing Brad (lc) decision making. We're teams decided before or after knowing it's mafia?

Anyway to wisom
Wisdom wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:24 pm
Shending_Help wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:06 pm Think wisdoms read on HK is villagery. Both the part about HKs treatment of Axe and the analysis of what t!HK would've done
You are also a wolf and this is a pocket attempt!!!
…. I don't think this was pockety at all. Feels kinda forced. Same with Sweden response to it. I don't like it.

Wisdom wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 3:28 pm I'm the doctor.

Also Alison is 100% someone Brad/BlueKang/LimeCoke would first pick as mafia.
Why would Brad pick Alison to be mafia? AFAIK Alison gets sr easily due to her unorthodox play style and philosophy of the game which causes people not to tr her.

Hate this opening of falcon.
[
falcon45ca wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:47 pm Imma 'bout to get blasted.

It's Morphin' Time!

This is very towny tone and voice by cape. He's seems relaxed. I hate the overexplanation of being afk tho.
Cape90 wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 2:56 pm
Shending_Help wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 2:52 pm Yeah i mean, vibing is what we need rn to get things rolling, hard to go tryhard mode with 50 posts in the thread :D

And to your response... *fair enough*
Yeah, and not to mention that I want to kinda use at least 45 posts today if possible because I am busy tomorrow and won't be able to post much (will still try to read everything but don't expect high ;level of activity and if i survive into day 2, might make catch-up :D)

It's also hard to tryhard when I don't particularly have hard stances on really anything though I am getting pretty okay vibes from this prodding around you are doing so far
Why are we spending so much time analyzing Brad. I'm the #1bradxpert. I will expand more on why I hate these posts tomorrow.
NotAnAxehole wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 3:29 pm This is a draft game? Lime Coke drafted mafia team...

1) Lime Coke hates me and would never subject himself to being in a chat with me

Gym class is easy. I won't post again today, but I'll vote someone later. If I ever die during the day this game, I take no responsibility for it because you should all know better, and those who don't should inform themselves. It's not just like "Lime Coke slightly dislikes this guy"... It's bad.

Anyway goijg to bed. I want to say stuff but I have all day tomorrow to explain. Gn
I find it interesting that out of all my posts, you choose one which is me explaining two terms to someone who specifically asked about then... and then give a backhanded town read of it while accusing me of just using buzzwords. Also, by interesting, I really mean suspicious.
Alison wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 2:38 am
Seanzie wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 4:57 pm I agree with this read and also believe it applies to me.
I wasn't aware that LC disliked you that strongly.
I'm not going to get into it for threadhealth reasons, but I stand by my initial claim.
Alison wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 2:41 am
Seanzie wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 8:35 pm [VOTE: Alison] aubergine

serious vote.
Why?
Your initial vote on Cape and your follow up. You never explained why you were voting, and the "Why did you think emotes was the reason for the vote?" just really feels a lot more like a question for the sake of a question rather than you really digging at anything (can you give an example of an AI answer to that question?). Now, you've seemed to indirectly claim that this was just a vote to get the game going, which is fine in it's own right, but IME, people who do that are almost always strongly overstating a real (but weak) thought, rather than just making suspicion completely up, so a lack of explanation for the vote is concerning. Why did you vote Cape?
Wisdom wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 4:40 am
dyachei wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 8:26 pm I almost forgot about this game

I think the only v read i have right now is NAA

Also good to play with you again SS!
I marked this as town? because I find forgetting games town indicative but of course that's fakeable so it's more like a temporary read.
I am of the opposite opinion. While I agree it is towny to actually forget about the game, I think it is probably very slightly >rand!wolf to TALK about forgetting about the game (I know I've definitely claimed I "forgot" about a game as scum, when in reality I am actually just overly-concious of the fact that I didn't post early in the game, whereas if I was town and late, I'd just dive in without feeling like my absence needed to be excused [unless the absence was remarkably long, but that is not the case here])
Alison wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 5:56 am If I was the town drafter, I'd just focus on drafting good solvers that can clear themselves easily. dunia, dyachei, Seanzie.

If I was the mafia drafter, I'd flip a coin. If it lands on heads I just make a list of who I think is best at wolfing in this game in order, and then draft down the list. If it lands on tails I'd draft one strong player (probably dunia, or dyachei if dunia is taken) and then fill the rest with players that either tend to be quieter presences (Wilgy, Spacedaisy) or players that most people wouldn't expect me to draft either because I haven't gotten along with them in the past or because I don't know them (Axe, Cape, Shending).
I kind of hope the town drafter did not choose people. IME hand-picked scum teams are easier to catch than randomized ones, and the town drafter picking townies gets in the way of this. Unfortunately, I do not really understand Rondo very well, so I don't know what to expect from them. LC though I kind of think he'd use a straightforward with the possibility of one or maybe two wildcards, but I don't think I'd try to guess who the wildcards are, as that seems like a dubious exercise (I am offhandedly accusing you of having an agenda in this post btw).
Wisdom wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 6:03 am Adding SS to town pile.
Am I correct in assuming SS is Shending?
(here's the post with the 'thread health reasons' I referred to earlier)

There's other things I like from this post too, especially the comment of "I kind of hope the town drafter did not choose people. IME hand-picked scum teams are easier to catch than randomized ones, and the town drafter picking townies gets in the way of this". That's a really towny thought to have IMO. I hadn't even considered it myself from that perspective before I read this, it's just such a towny thought. (Medium town-point)

---
Alison wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 8:42 am
Seanzie wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 7:40 am Your initial vote on Cape and your follow up. You never explained why you were voting, and the "Why did you think emotes was the reason for the vote?" just really feels a lot more like a question for the sake of a question rather than you really digging at anything (can you give an example of an AI answer to that question?). Now, you've seemed to indirectly claim that this was just a vote to get the game going, which is fine in it's own right, but IME, people who do that are almost always strongly overstating a real (but weak) thought, rather than just making suspicion completely up, so a lack of explanation for the vote is concerning. Why did you vote Cape?
I answer both of your questions in #133. To reiterate: I thought his reference to mafia waking up was a lame attempt to be all "hello fellow townies, this sure is a townie thread, the mafia probably hasn't woken up, amiright?" So I voted him. It's a thin read, but more than enough for page 1.

He responded by defensively claiming that "he just wanted to try out the emotes". This deepened my suspicion, because at no point did I give any indication that it was about the emotes. The pre-emptive excuse-making re: emote usage suggests a guilty conscience, or him seeing his emote usage as scummier than it is because he's a wolf. This is why I asked him if he had any reason to believe I pushed him for emote usage.
This feels like Alison trying to genuinely justify her thought process to Sean, which wouldn't be necessary if w/w (Medium town-point)

---
Seanzie wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 1:36 pm
hollowkatt wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 12:44 pm
Seanzie wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 12:38 am
hollowkatt wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 12:21 am
Cape90 wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 8:27 pm
hollowkatt wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:50 pm
Wisdom wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:23 pm

That never stopped you!!!^^
Because you typically make posts I want to wolf read!
Just so happens this time you didn't
Differences between the ways Wisdom is posting mow vs how they usually post?
Most often it's a weird early read that she has, or a push that she makes that I think is wrong/on obvs town, or she doesn't have a read I would expect her to have. I don't see that going on here so I'm offering up an early town read
Is Wisdom usually town or wolf when you wolfread her early for this sort of thing?
she's usually town and her pushes are usually town as well.
So you're townreading her for not doing things that she usually does as town? You're gonna have to unpack this one for me.
Adding onto the HK pressure in a very believable way. Doesn't feel like he's just jumping onto the HK push for cred, but has genuine gripes with HK's logic (Medium town-point)
Shending_Help
The Mark

Post by Shending_Help »

Reasons why Wisdom is town:
Wisdom wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:00 pm From a non Wolf Captain PoV I still think Alison is wolfing. Probably HK as well. And NAX is likely town.

I think Alison's reads is forced and being reads for the sake of having reads.

HK saying NAX is a bit sus also feels like being edgy for the sake of being edgy. Town!HK would probably just call me a wolf and go to bed.

And I trust NAX to be town for the time being. Not locked, but for now.
I've pointed this post out earlier several times as a main reason Wisdom is V. It's even more so knowing the flips. If Wisdom's wolfing they'd have to have gone into this game going "i'm gonna townside my ass off and solowin". But I don't think wisdom would do that. And even then they've done hell of a convincing job here.

Even IF wisdom can and have bussed in the past, there's different scales of bussing. How they've played this game so far just makes them lock V.

---
hollowkatt wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:12 pm
Wisdom wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:00 pm From a non Wolf Captain PoV I still think Alison is wolfing. Probably HK as well. And NAX is likely town.

HK saying NAX is a bit sus also feels like being edgy for the sake of being edgy. Town!HK would probably just call me a wolf and go to bed.

why would town HK call you a wolf and go to bed? You are the same Wisdom that always makes a point to comment "you're reading me wrong again" when I wolf read you, right?
hollowkatt wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:14 pm

I didn't say NAA is sus, I said Lime drafting the wolf team isn't a hard clear like NAA is saying it is.

why would town HK call you a wolf and go to bed? You are the same Wisdom that always makes a point to comment "you're reading me wrong again" when I wolf read you, right?

Read through these interactions and tell me wisdom is a wolf. Go on. You can feel the HK annoyance, and it's not "this person is bussing me and I don't like it annoyance" or faked annoyance in order to distance. It's "please get off of me already Wisdom, my reasons are fine!!!"

Also, his correction of "no i never said NAA was a wolf, just that the clears on him were bad" is also giving off the 'explaining himself to a villager' vibe.

---
Alison wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 2:48 am
Wisdom wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 2:44 am
Alison wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 2:39 am

1) Why do you think my reads are forced and

2) Why do you think that is wolfy?
It felt like your first few posts were digging for alignments in NAI posts. I'm pretty sure your wolf meta is to always look solvey since that's how you play as town, am I right? And I don't think you actually found Cape's post AI, for example.
Your hydra partner said "hello" and I tunnelled them to death in the last game we played together. I find it hard to believe that you think I never push people for "NAI" posts early on in the game. I'm pretty sure I told you afterwards it was specifically to get the game in gear too.
Alison wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 2:49 am [VOTE: Wisdom] aubergine
Wisdom wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 2:55 am
Alison wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 2:48 am
Wisdom wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 2:44 am
Alison wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 2:39 am

1) Why do you think my reads are forced and

2) Why do you think that is wolfy?
It felt like your first few posts were digging for alignments in NAI posts. I'm pretty sure your wolf meta is to always look solvey since that's how you play as town, am I right? And I don't think you actually found Cape's post AI, for example.
Your hydra partner said "hello" and I tunnelled them to death in the last game we played together. I find it hard to believe that you think I never push people for "NAI" posts early on in the game. I'm pretty sure I told you afterwards it was specifically to get the game in gear too.
It's not like my reads are ~very well based and grounded 150 posts in. I dunno, I still get a wolfy vibe from you!
Wisdom wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 2:56 am
Aren't you supposed to have a godread on me :p
Alison wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 2:58 am
Wisdom wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 2:56 am
Aren't you supposed to have a godread on me :p
This is the first time I've heard of this. I've hardly ever played with you, and one of those times was when we shared a slot.
Alison wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 7:00 am
Wisdom wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 6:34 am I have no idea why Alison is voting me btw. Reverse pocketing? Actually wolf reading me? RT? No clue.
I found it difficult to believe you genuinely suspect me for forcing thin reads early on, since I have done so (in a way that you would find pretty memorable) in a previous shared game, and have also discussed my early D1 philosophy with you. So I voted you.

When I pressed you about this, you admitted the reasoning was shaky, but held the scumread on the basis of "vibes". I think that reeks of wanting to find a pretext to maintain an inauthentic scumread when you are challenged on it.
The way Alison is bringing up their past hydra'ing to try to build up a logical argument why Wisdom is mafia is just so stereotypical Wolf trying to case town with "facts" because they have a hard time calling towns wolfy without it. And the way Alison is trying to actively fight back with logic while wisdom is like "shrug, it's been 150 posts, my arguments aren't gonna be super well grounded, but you're wolfy". It's such a disconnect, and it doesn't reek of theater from wisdom's side at all. Just someone who's found a wolfy person. And then Wisdom later gets confused about if Alison even has a wolf read on them or what's going on.

It's just.... so obvious to me

---
hollowkatt wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 4:01 pm
Seanzie wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 1:36 pm
hollowkatt wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 12:44 pm
Seanzie wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 12:38 am
hollowkatt wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 12:21 am
Cape90 wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 8:27 pm

Differences between the ways Wisdom is posting mow vs how they usually post?
Most often it's a weird early read that she has, or a push that she makes that I think is wrong/on obvs town, or she doesn't have a read I would expect her to have. I don't see that going on here so I'm offering up an early town read
Is Wisdom usually town or wolf when you wolfread her early for this sort of thing?
she's usually town and her pushes are usually town as well.
So you're townreading her for not doing things that she usually does as town? You're gonna have to unpack this one for me.
Yes. I know that Wisdom is a skilled wolf, I've been fooled by her several times and only have caught her one time, so if she's wolfing here and I give her a town read that she doesn't understand or can't figure out how I get there that gives me something that I can engage her with/on. And if I'm right then I'm developing a more nuanced understanding of her game. So far she's not reacting towards my town read in a way that someone who might not deserve that read would react.
This also isn't how someone treats a read of a partner imo.

(also, i know this is the "wisdom is town" case, but this try of HK to explain himself to Sean also is another town-point for Sean)

---
Wisdom wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 6:46 pm I could probably go for a cfd is someone is feeling spicy :3

But still think HK/Alison are wolves, although I haven't really focused in a few hours.
Wisdom reappears again at EoD and is only pushing his partners? nah

--------

Also adding on the same stuff i said d1. I think their way of treating me d1 was towny, the initial reaction test / prod, into then ignoring me for a bit, into townreading me when i kept being towny. It was correctly timed.

Also their scatterbrained treatment of Alison was towny even without taking Alison's alignment into account.

They're just V

Thanks for coming to my TED-talk

(Is this pocketing you enough @Wisdom )

Oh just 1 last thing, if they pulled off some sicko distancing d1 and Wisdom IS a wolf, does Wisdom come into d2 with the attitude of "please remember that HK wins most of his wolfgames from the gave after having anti-spewed effectively, so don't weigh what he said too highly".

LMAO
Shending_Help
The Mark

Post by Shending_Help »

from the grave*
Shending_Help
The Mark

Post by Shending_Help »

Reasons why Marmot is town:

Marmot wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 10:52 pm
hollowkatt wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 5:20 pm I feel like Wisdoms Alison comment is more likely true than NAAs Lime statement is if only because if Lime is so antagonistic to NAA forcing NAA to wolf would probably be funny as fuck to Lime. I know it would be to me.
LC forced you to wolf didn't he?
This feels kind of a... abrasive (?)... way of bussing. I don't know if I have the right words for it, but I feel like it's Marmot legit wondering if that's what happened, and not him knowing. (Small town-point)

---
Marmot wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 10:56 pm Townreads thus far

NAA
Cape
Shendog
Wisdom

Null

Everyone else
I'm pretty confident all 4 people in this list are town. A good look. (Small town-point)

---
Alison wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 2:32 am
Cape90 wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 1:55 pm
Alison wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 8:06 am Marmot's entrance is pretty townie.
What have they done that is AI?
Marmot's entranced was relaxed and comfortable. I think they tend to enter kinda stiffly as mafia, and sometimes even play it up because they enjoy leaning into suspicion as a wolf.
Alison wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 2:33 am
Alison wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 2:32 am
Cape90 wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 1:55 pm
Alison wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 8:06 am Marmot's entrance is pretty townie.
What have they done that is AI?
Marmot's entranced was relaxed and comfortable. I think they tend to enter kinda stiffly as mafia, and sometimes even play it up because they enjoy leaning into suspicion as a wolf.
Compare his entrance here to eg. GOC.
This feels like a TMI read that Alison really believes, rather than trying to force a townread on a partner. (Medium town-point)

---
Marmot wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 12:19 pm I could see sabi and Alison being teammates based on sabi's treatment of Alison. But also they're two of the three leading wagons, so maybe that's a little bold.
I like the thought process, and i also like the tone of "so maybe that's a little bold". Feels uninformed. (small town-point)

----
Marmot wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 8:39 am @Wisdom I think Wilgy is more likely to have himself bussed over bussing another teammate.

I also am trying to think of a world where mafia hellbussed hk, and given that he was a PR, it doesn't seem like an optimal solution. If there are 5-6 mafia, they had plenty of voting power. But maybe the mafia team is just low WIM, and that WIM dropped even lower after that Alison shot.

I realize now I had read the ITA rules incorrectly. I thought we each got a shot in each window, but the reality is that we only get one shot total, so there was no rush to use it.

The reason I was proposing a list and pushing that discussion forward was twofold

1) If there were a 6 wolves, then utilizing all of our KP to eliminate them is important to lower the mafia/town ratio quickly and finding a consensus for who to ITA would be helpful.
2) I have a single Day 2 vig shot, and plan on using it after the second ITA window closes.
Openly claiming a Dayvig as a wolf is usually not a good move. Now he has to shoot into the PoE if he doesn't wanna play the day setting up for a "heroshot" and try to justify himself afterwards when it flips town. So if he does have a dayvig, it's better to just shoot an Obv-town and stay silent. And if he doesn't have one then obviously ppl will realize that at EoD. (BIG town-point)

---
Marmot wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:02 am hollowkatt ( 7 ) Marmot, Spacedaisy, Wisdom, Cape90, DrWilgy, Seanzie, Sabiplz
sabiplz ( 3 ) Shending_Help, NotAnAxehole, hollowkatt
falcon45ca ( 1 ) dyachei
Wisdom ( 1 ) Alison
Not Voting ( 3 ) dunya, falcon45ca, Jackofhearts2005

Here's the vote count from EOD1 again.

I believe what happened was, in the final minute, Spacedaisy vote for hk to make it a tie between hk and sabi at 5-5. Then sean and I moved our votes from sabi to hk to break the tie.

If sabi is town, I think this is a decent look for Spacedaisy since she sheeped a TR's vote. Ties are scum-sided in this setup, but I SD didn't seem to notice she'd made it a tie, and I'm willing to believe that.
I like this post, both content and tone ("and I'm willing to believe that"). Especially so if Spacedaisy is V (small town-point)

--------

Apart from these posts, I also remember liking Marmot's entry d1, which is a small +, and he felt natural every time I saw him around in the thread.

But ATP I don't even need all the other reasons, I'm pretty much fine calling him town just for the Dayvig-claim
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 95

Post by dunya »

i have arrived. fear not, im here to wow you all.
Shending_Help
The Mark

Post by Shending_Help »

Questions to @Cape90 :

---

Cape90 wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 5:37 am
Wisdom wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 2:30 am Good thing to know for everyone who's bad at reading openings: There's a post cap of 60!

I'm not sure I get the whole draft system but there can be up to 6 wolves? (Even though the pick order says 8) 6/15 is still a lot.

I don't know how much we are allowed to talk about the drafting? I have thoughts!

Oh, and n0 Dunya!
Oh I just assumed that the post cap was 50 because that's what it said in the description of The Racket. But I suppose it does not exactly say it had to be 50 posts. Good to know.

I kinda remember you making a similar opening post in the last light game we played together and that's giving me slight good vibes off you
I thought about asking you this at the time, gonna do it now instead. What exactly felt similar to you? Please add all context you remember from when you made this post.

---
Cape90 wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 3:16 pm
Wisdom wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 6:15 am Sure SS I think that might make sense. [Adding Sabi to Wolf? Pile]
Yeah SS is actually pretty dead on about me

I think you were wolfy early on but are looking a bit better

Sending is town not rescinding
What was it that I had said about you that was dead on?

---
Cape90 wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 3:22 pm I think Kutis wall is town indicative for her

Seanzie looks towny to me this game

Dyachei feels more... Typical this game

Jack feels okay so far I guess

Anyways see y'all later lol

Sorry

You all started to post too much today
I wanna hear you expand on most of the thoughts you had at the time when you posted this^ :

What about Kuti's wall post was town indicative? The fact that they wallposted at all? The content in it? If so what?

Regarding Dya, did you play a game where they didn't act typical? And what was their alignment there and what conclusions do you draw about Dya feeling more typical here? Is it towny?

Was Jack feeling “okay so far i guess” a slight townread for you at that time? If so why?
Shending_Help
The Mark

Post by Shending_Help »

dunya wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 12:54 pm i have arrived. fear not, im here to wow you all.
:Wowee:

Hey Dunya!
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Re: Gym Class Mafia

Post by dunya »

Cape90 wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 5:20 am okay I just wanted an excuse to use these emotes tbh lol
hi!
why did you feel the need to defend Alison's vote on you? why did you assume it was triggered by emojis? did you overthink them as wolf and wonder if they'd be miscontrued? :3

btw, i doubt the spacedaisy you think you've played with is our spacedaisy.

Wisdom wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 2:30 am Oh, and n0 Dunya!
did you visit me at night? :cloud9:

Marmot wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 7:54 am
dunya's one of our best mafia players as either alignment, which is probably why you've seen the name around.
flattery will get you everywhere. but end of page 2 and i have town reads on marmot and shending and seanzie.

im gonna read up and then dig in.
Shending_Help
The Mark

Post by Shending_Help »

Reasons why I think Cape is town:

Cape90 wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 10:49 pm
hollowkatt wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 10:16 pm I'd say I'm fashionably late but by the looks of things I'm still early
This game is slow so far :bored:

Whenever the mafia is ready to awaken and play the game, that would be a good time to play fr :sparta:

Well, unless you yourself are just mafia :ohyeah: :ninja:
I.. uh...
I don't think Cape!W would (unforced) make this post in this awkward of a way to his partner spreckled with emojis. Far from a lock read but... yeah

---
Alison wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 5:10 am

Whenever the mafia is ready to awaken and play the game, that would be a good time to play fr :sparta:

[VOTE: Cape90] aubergine

Serious vote.
Alison wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 7:33 am
Cape90 wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 5:20 am

Serious vote.
okay I just wanted an excuse to use these emotes tbh lol
I didn't vote you because of the emotes.

Why did you think that was the reason for the vote?
I feel like Alison just jumped on an awkward looking post made by a villa. I don't think it was W!Cape making that awkward comment to W!HK and then W!Alison jumping on it to push Cape. It feels like Cape!V makes the most sense in this scenario.

---
Cape90 wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 1:58 pm
hollowkatt wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 10:16 pm so goodby for days
This wagon is good though :D

[VOTE: hollowkatt] aubergine
Slightly good look.

---
Cape90 wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 2:59 pm
Cape90 wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 2:57 pm
Shending_Help wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 2:56 pm spoiler looks so goddamn ugly lmao. not using that again
yeah font color inside the spoiler should be different, it's hard to see
anyways I am just trying to wrap my head around the pressure on me and I can sort of see it. I am not particularly good at starting games in general.

Might have been better when I was first starting out because I was constantly on tryhard mode 24/7 cuz I hardly knew what I was doing :p
I just get a good feeling from this unforced self-analysis. And I like the tone as well.

---
Alison wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 2:31 am
Cape90 wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 1:52 pm The words I said are NAI. I don't understand why you are pushing on this
I thought your intentionally bringing up "when the mafia do X" was trying a little too hard to emphasize how not-mafia you are. Your defensive attitude and pre-emptive excuse-making ("I just wanted to try out the emojis" when I never said a word about them) have reinforced that read.
Alison keeps harping on it.

---
Alison wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 2:42 am
Marmot wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 10:56 pm Townreads thus far

NAA
Cape
Shendog
Wisdom

Null

Everyone else
Talk to me about your Cape townread.
Keeps focus on questioning ppl's Cape V-reads.

---
Alison wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 3:09 am Talk to me about your dya and Cape "town?" reads. What glimmers of townieness do you see in them?
...Again

---
Alison wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 5:59 am @Shending_Help When you played with Cape and he was scum, how did he deal with pressure on him?
and again

-----

So like. One of the reasons why I pushed Alison initially was because her focus was split between 2 things, tunneling Wisdom for meh reasons and still harping on Cape's opening long after it should've become irrelevant. Since so many of her posts was just shading Cape, I think it just makes sense that Cape is town.

I'm not as confident on this as I am on Wisdom/Sean/Marmot. Far from it. But I don't think Alison's d1 makes sense if w/w with cape unless Alison assumed they'd die and they wanted Cape to go deep, but if they wanted to make a play like that I think they'd distance with a player they know has the potential to go deep. I think Cape was one of the people Alison even put in the pile of "I don't know or i haven't gotten along with" when talking drafting stuff.

Also, individually I do think Cape's posting is a bit more freeflowy compared to the only wolf game i've played with him. But I'm not willing to fully clear him before he truly dives a bit deeper into his reads. Sure he's throwing some more reads out compared to that wolf game, but he's not talked about them enough for me to lock him in.

Think Cape's around 90% likelyhood to be town currently.
Shending_Help
The Mark

Post by Shending_Help »

Shending_Help wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:49 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:47 pm Imma 'bout to get blasted.

It's Morphin' Time!

[ITA] Falcon45ca[/ITA]
I do find it hilarious that after me joking about ITA d1 in a non-ITA game, suddenly there's ITA phases the next day

(Spicy take: there's a wish granter around)
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

wisdom joins my town pile.
Shending_Help wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 3:44 pm I think Limecoke would find it the most interesting if his STACKED team of 2 managed to pull it through
hard hard hard disagree.

Lime Coke will choose more.

also would never choose me, cos he knows how much i hate randing mafia :3

agree with takes that say Alison is a likely pick for Lime. i agree with reads and wisdom nitpicking stuff about alison.

i can't believe alison looks at that early Wisdom reads list and asks why "cape" and "dya" are town but not why dunya is in their top town reads with NAA while dunya hasn't posted at all.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Shending_Help wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 5:52 am
hollowkatt wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:51 pm
Shending_Help wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:33 pm
hollowkatt wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:10 pm
Shending_Help wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 5:38 pm
hollowkatt wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 5:17 pm wisdom, shending, marmot, and wigly can be town
what's *your* reason for wigly?
DrWilgy wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:24 am Pleasure to meet you new friends.

Allow me to introduce myself. My name is DrWilgy and I am most definitely a doctor.

I used to claim doctor d1 every game, but have become old and grumpy in my recent age. Have been playing since 2013. Exclusively on the Syndicate since about 2015?

I may be wrong on this assumption, but out of this player cast, Alison and Marmot may have the best capacity and track record for reading me. Though, that may be them getting lucky tossing darts, as many others seem to have inconsistency on determining both my scum and town range.

I like both of these posts. I don't find Wigly being quite this confident in a read this early in a game when he's a wolf
My reason for very lightly V leaning him is that 2nd post too. Why did you like the 1st one?
If Wigly is a wolf and not paired with Alison and/or Marmot that post says "hey, maybe we (alison and/or marmot) should dig deeper into wigly" and I don't think he's the kind of player who wants to draw that kind of attention.
This is a non-lvl-0 thought process that I can see HK believing. Good look imo
+1 excellent look for shending here in retrospect. if bussing was the goal, he doesn't defend HK with a good look post this close to eod.

also

[VOTE: alison] aubergine
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat
Posts in topic: 96
Preferred Pronouns: They/them

Post by dyachei »

hey dunia!
Wisdom
The Mark
Posts in topic: 122
Preferred Pronouns: She/They
Aka: Akarna

Post by Wisdom »

dunya wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 12:54 pm i have arrived. fear not, im here to wow you all.
[Unvote]Dunya[/Unvote]

Hype to see you here!!! :omg:
Sabiplz
<3
Posts in topic: 86
Preferred Pronouns: They them
Aka: Kuti

Post by Sabiplz »

I can't tell if Dunya not knowing Alison was ita'd is out of touch town or a wolf trying to fake a town slip. Anyone familar with them, which one is more plausible?
Wisdom
The Mark

Post by Wisdom »

dunya wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 1:08 pm why did you feel the need to defend Alison's vote on you? why did you assume it was triggered by emojis? did you overthink them as wolf and wonder if they'd be miscontrued? :3
I read this as being oblivious to Alison both being dead and wolf. A careful town point to Dunya!
Wisdom
The Mark

Post by Wisdom »

dunya wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 1:08 pm did you visit me at night?
Only if it was consensual :3
Wisdom
The Mark

Post by Wisdom »

dunya wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 1:27 pm
also

[VOTE: alison] aubergine
xD
I'm gonna be impressed if this comes from a wolf yeah.
Wisdom
The Mark

Post by Wisdom »

Sabiplz wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 1:55 pm I can't tell if Dunya not knowing Alison was ita'd is out of touch town or a wolf trying to fake a town slip. Anyone familar with them, which one is more plausible?
I'm sadly not that familiar with her meta but I know she's a strong wolf with highly likelyness to be picked as wolf. However, I'm gonna take the Alison derp at face value and see if something pings me later on.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 68
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Sabiplz wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 1:55 pm I can't tell if Dunya not knowing Alison was ita'd is out of touch town or a wolf trying to fake a town slip. Anyone familar with them, which one is more plausible?
It's not outside her wolf range fwiw.
Wisdom
The Mark

Post by Wisdom »

I can see Brad sitting there swearing to himself, when he picked me to his wolf team I got d1'd but when he didn't I instantly double tap two of his picks :3
Wisdom
The Mark

Post by Wisdom »

With that, dropping a vote here but I'm open to change.
[VOTE: Dyachei] aubergine
Wanna hear what @dunya has to say about Spacedaisy so far.
Sabiplz
<3
Posts in topic: 86
Preferred Pronouns: They them
Aka: Kuti

Post by Sabiplz »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 2:17 pm
@Jackofhearts2005 how do you feel about this then. What is your read?
Shending_Help
The Mark

Post by Shending_Help »

Sabiplz wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:01 am
Shending_Help wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 8:48 am
Marmot wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 8:39 am 2) I have a single Day 2 vig shot, and plan on using it after the second ITA window closes.
That's very Pog.

In other news: I'm like halfway through my re-read of the game, and my current towncore is:

Me
Wisdom
Sean
You
Cape
*slight gap*
Sabi (especially if Dya is a wolf, which is where i'm leaning. But *probably* town regardless)

I also wanna tell you that I think you're wrong where you in #199 townread Dya for her post that was complaining about Wisdom's V-read on her being not deserved.

That's a very Dyachei kind of post, but not an AI one IMO.

Anyway, more thoughts of mine coming in a while (that's mostly gonna be me justifying my towncore)

(I'm also retracting my Cop cover, so I don't have Spacedaisy as n0 anymore)
@Shending_Help any reason why you changed your mind on me?
Uh, it was mainly me being in the mindset of thinking Dya was maf at the time tbh. I still think you're V if Dya's W, but i've cooled down on what I said in that list (that you're probably town individually regardless)

I did like at the time how you talked about not getting a result and being confused, but I've landed at you being either town or mafia roleblocker, and it not being very AI even if i'm sure you're genuine in your reaction to lacking a result

You're not in my bottom tier currently, but you're also not really a townread like the top 4
Shending_Help
The Mark

Post by Shending_Help »

I feel like there *should* be a world where she's a wolf who just got back into the game and hasn't picked up on the fact that Alison is dead yet, even as her partner.

I think the derp is still town indicative on the whole, but I don't think:

1) fake-derping
2) town

are the only options
Shending_Help
The Mark

Post by Shending_Help »

I think i'm currently actually leaning DrWigly as most V out of everyone not in my towncore (wisdom, marmot, sean, cape)

I like his initial HK push d1 and I like how he's adressing that while looking back at d1. I also still think HK's way of describing why Wigly was town D1 sounds kinda genuine, even if it isn't as clearcut as some spew stuff this game.

I also kinda believe the mindset he's portraying in his last post, where he talks about not being able to get a foot into the game past his d1 snapreads.
Shending_Help
The Mark

Post by Shending_Help »

And then i got Dunya with the potential derpclear (but doesn't have to be one) as my next 'maybe V' person.

And then probably Sabi still. Partly because my brain doesn't wanna accept that we were so right d1 as a group. But could still be Sabi, especially if dya is V.

Then we have Spacedaisy, falcon, jack, dya

I'm mainly trying to figure out which people can fit together and which can't between my bottom 4-5.

Cuz i'm pretty damn confident in my top 4 being town, and then anything can be true.

So to summarize:

Me
Wisdom
Marmot
Sean
Cape
DrWigly
Dunya
Sabi (likely not with dya)
Falcon
Jack
Dya (likely not with sabi)
Shending_Help
The Mark

Post by Shending_Help »

Forgot to add spacedaisy's name to the list. They'd be right below sabi
Wisdom
The Mark

Post by Wisdom »

I'm glad we're on the same page wrt town core Shen. 4 wolves are a lot but since our PoE is 6 people it *should* be doable?
Shending_Help
The Mark

Post by Shending_Help »

Wisdom wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 3:46 pm I'm glad we're on the same page wrt town core Shen. 4 wolves are a lot but since our PoE is 6 people it *should* be doable?
yeah i think we're in a good spot. If there's really 6 wolves the PR/Mechanic side should be in our favor. We also have another ITA window, and even more importantly, we have Marmot's Dayvig shot after tonight's ITA phase.

So we'll be able to wreck our way through the PoE pretty well, and get more info along the way depending on flips
Wisdom
The Mark

Post by Wisdom »

Shending_Help wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 3:49 pm
Wisdom wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 3:46 pm I'm glad we're on the same page wrt town core Shen. 4 wolves are a lot but since our PoE is 6 people it *should* be doable?
yeah i think we're in a good spot. If there's really 6 wolves the PR/Mechanic side should be in our favor. We also have another ITA window, and even more importantly, we have Marmot's Dayvig shot after tonight's ITA phase.

So we'll be able to wreck our way through the PoE pretty well, and get more info along the way depending on flips
Marmot claiming the vig shot is honestly making me nervous though. Like yeah it's gonna be of help *if he's still alive* but what if wolves day vigs him now >_>
Shending_Help
The Mark

Post by Shending_Help »

then we say lol!marmot. But also, i'm pretty confident there wouldn't be 2 dayvigs up on the drafting table. So if town got to pick it, then wolves wouldn't i think?
Wisdom
The Mark

Post by Wisdom »

Valid
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Sabiplz wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 2:55 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 2:17 pm
@Jackofhearts2005 how do you feel about this then. What is your read?
I have not read enough of Dunya's posts to have a read on her, yet. Been doing chores and running errands. Back to catching up.
Cape90
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 221
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his/himself

Post by Cape90 »

Back for good and actually here to game, sorry for lackluster presence over these last 2 days, I promise I had a reason? Anybody land their ITA shots?
Cape90
Money Launderer

Post by Cape90 »

Cape90 wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 4:24 pm Back for good and actually here to game, sorry for lackluster presence over these last 2 days, I promise I had a reason? Anybody land their ITA shots?
EBWOP: the first sentence was meant to be a sentence :p I am tired
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Alison wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 7:33 am
Cape90 wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 5:20 am

Serious vote.
okay I just wanted an excuse to use these emotes tbh lol
I didn't vote you because of the emotes.

Why did you think that was the reason for the vote?
This is not like 100% a clear for Cape but I think it's a good look for him.
Cape90
Money Launderer

Post by Cape90 »

Wisdom wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 5:38 am Okay actually time to remove the elephant out of the room and drop cover since a cop just flipped anyway.
I think Dunya is highly likely to be a wolf from picking since Brad likes to pick strong players as wolf captain and she's probably the best player this game as far as I know.
[VOTE: Dunya[/Dunya]

Shen is probably town despite being wrong on HK. His drive so far smells very towny!

So a more accurate read list is

TOWN
Seanzie
Cape90
Marmot
Shending_Help
---------
Spacedaisy
Sabiplz
Falcon
---------
Dya
Wilgy
Jack
Dunya
WOLF]
aubergine
[VOTE:

You seem too townread me very hard off this readslist. Why? I feel like I haven't been that towny yet]
aubergine
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Seanzie wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:34 am

Yeah, I can get behind this. [VOTE: HallowKatt] aubergine
Idk what to do with this. Oh well.
Seanzie
Polarized
Posts in topic: 176
Preferred Pronouns: he/him or they/them

Post by Seanzie »

A lot of people are townreading Sabiplz. Can anyone explain it to me slowly? Is it meta, or are there ITT reasons for it?

I was like halfway of dropping my push on her lst night, but then Alison flipped, and this:
Sabiplz wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 10:17 pm
Seanzie wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 9:07 pm
Sabiplz wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 8:36 pm I don't think Alison is mafia, I'm confident Brad would not pick her.

Unless Brad designed the team to be super polarizing?

Idk

I hate this but I won't shoot her.
You said something about quoting something from brad about Alison from a spec chat. Can you quote that? Also, I've noticed you sometimes ask if you should do something rather than just doing it. Up to you, but I recommend you just do things if you think they will help.
Well it was
The issue is that also like...if Alison didn't out being Ariel who literally tried to bus instantly in a recent game I might've had an easier time town kicking her
But I guess it helps us figure out now that she flipped that she busses.

Also im sorry about being wrong in her
I don't see how that quote from Brad could give Sabi as strong of a town!Alison read as they had. I can't tell if this is just outed wolf whose narrative doesn't stand up to scrutiny or if Sabi's knowledge of Brad is making them think they know Limecoke better than they do (by LC here I mean specifically Brad playing on TS, rather than Brad in general).
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Lol.
Cape90
Money Launderer

Post by Cape90 »

Seanzie wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 8:40 pm Aside from Alison posting her rolecard in the thread, not much has happened, and that should change.

Someone do something that actually makes me feel things before I jokingly give a post-game cred list of four names, which actually ends up perfectly spot on, and everyone congratulates me for bagging the scum team on post 105, and then I don't ever admit it was just a joke list, and for the rest of my days I feel like a phony because my "best" town victory is actually just a sham, all because this current thread is slow.

So uhh... yeah. Somebody do a backflip or TMI someone else or something.
this first sentence made me already like Seanzie as I don't think wolf would say this.

Anyways I liked the swap off me onto Alison for the reasoning provided on post https://mafiathesyndicate.com/viewtopic.php?p=934489#p934489. To me it looks like you are assessing players equally vs pushing an agenda.

posts like these
Seanzie wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 11:52 am
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 11:50 am Hey hey it’s Cape, Sabi and Wisdom. And Dunya, who I rarely get to play with any more.

Tbh, it’s my little sister’s birthday today so I’m not gonna be around a ton but I’ll at least look at all the posts voting for top/topish wagons and make an educated vote.
I say we wagon you.
Seanzie wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 1:31 pm
Shending_Help wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 12:33 pm "which if LC drafted specifically players he liked, then sabi would definitely be one of them."

Regardless on whether sabi is actually W or not, I think this is a very towny thought to have from Marmot
How is this towny? I feel fine about Marmot, but looking at this point in isolation, it could easily be pure agenda.
I am always inclined to townread for feeling abrasive (idk if "abrasive" is right word) in a towny way. Like you are being like "oh yeah?" and challenging others POV in the second post and I feel like more times then not, town makes the first post I quoted there with the threat of wagoning versus not.
Seanzie wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 1:47 pm
Sabiplz wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 1:38 pm
Seanzie wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 1:34 pm
Sabiplz wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 12:35 pm
Marmot wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 12:26 pm
Sabiplz wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 12:19 pm
Marmot wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 12:17 pm

For a second, I was concerned now that the content of sabi's post that I responded to weren't actually things that she said lol.

But I'm pretty certain they were based on the content.
What did you not like about my content. Be honest with me.

I explained it in P#207 (if you scroll past the final failed quote tag). I don't like that you're discrediting everyone's attempts to read LC's draft process.
For naa:

I hate the self meta. Hasn't included any proof of these sentiments and last I checked Brad only dislikes a handful of players and his name has never came up when he discusses that.

For wisdom:

I quite literally explained Alison. Since the cats V dogs game is over can quote something Brad said in dvc about Alison as mafia if that's allowed? Please lmk

For sean:

Idk if Brad would. Do. That strategy. That's all.
I agree with NAA's read. If NAA was chosen, it was specifically a wifom choice.

Who in this game has Brad talked about disliking?

What. strategy. is. that?
No one mentioned on the playerlist that's why I don't get the whole Brad hates me hence why I'm not mafia. There's two players I know Brad wouldn't include as mafia for how polarizing they are as mafia and can easily sr for it. One of those people in more confident on not being it (Alison) then the other (wisdom).

Sorry I'm phone posting.
You only know like half the playerlist here. I don't know in what capacity you know Brad, but I would be surprised if he routinely talked bad to you about people he doesn't expect you to know (like NAA or other people here on a site you don't normally play on). Did this factor into you "people's takes on Brad are bad" take?

I don't really get your Brad/Alison take. She is one of the best wolves on this site, and I feel like Brad is cognizant of this.

Why are you sorry about phone posting?
This is a bit off-topic but based on some turbos I have played with Brad and Sabi, they like to pocket each other. Maybe Sabi thought Brad was a player in the game based on their comment which would make them town.

Also Sabi claimed something?

Man im far behind :puppy: :confused2:

Anyways definitely town was perhaps a bit too much, but I do still think you are quite towny.
Cape90
Money Launderer

Post by Cape90 »

well i tried to hyperlink a post only to see it just did not work. Anyways it was Seanzie's wall post where he was responding to a bunch of things when he was talking to Alison
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Wisdom spewed town here if their alignment wasn't already pretty clear.
Cape90
Money Launderer

Post by Cape90 »

Sabiplz wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 12:10 pm Cape posts yesterday were good and he's easy for me to read.
How do you read me as mafia then?

You have literally never expressed this POV in any of the turbos we have completed together
Cape90
Money Launderer

Post by Cape90 »

Sabi's posts on Brad not making Alison mafia are interesting

I don't think in a wolfy way
Cape90
Money Launderer

Post by Cape90 »

Sabiplz wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 12:24 pm A lot of you know I obv town day two of games and suck day one. This isn't new. Give me till day 2,if I don't town tell then hammer me. I was extremely distracted this day one.
...right

:werewolf: :omg: :shark:

Return to “Previous Rackets”