) TSP (host dead non)
40%

Total votes: 10
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 204

Re: Philosophy Mafia 2: Electric Boogaloo

Post by MacDougall »

iaafr wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:34 am that's the second time somebodys made the "wouldn't shoot down townreads as scum" read on me recently and all I can think is I can't wait to subvert it and do it as scum, but i may never get the chance to
subvert this

*farts*
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

[VOTE: Leetic] aubergine you aren't enjoying my farts enough
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Leetic frozen (in farts).
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Ask yourself... caught by Mac d1 because you got frozen by his fart reads. Are we in a universe where this occurs? I in fact do think so.
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 270
Preferred Pronouns: HE

Post by NotAnAxehole »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:44 am Ask yourself... caught by Mac d1 because you got frozen by his fart reads. Are we in a universe where this occurs? I in fact do think so.
I would sheep, but I need to punish myself for throwing a game in which 0% of town voted correctly on the last 2 days. :sigh:
Russian Machine Never Breaks 769 #3
Spoiler: show
2022 Stats
| Overall 4-6 40% | Town 4-6 40% | Mafia 0-0 - |

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
| Overall 6-5 55% | Town 4-5 44% | Mafia 2-0 100% |
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Master Radishes
Hitman
Posts in topic: 43

Post by Master Radishes »

Dear wolves,

Let’s make this clear so you don’t waste your time: I will not be one of your miselims this game.

You will soon think I could be, of course. Even with the postcap I will likely not be able to keep up with the tryhards on this roster, and I will inevitably be perceived as low-hanging fruit. ‘MR will be an easy chop’ you’ll think. ‘Probably a flash wagon candidate.’

But you will be mistaken. You simply won’t be able to mis-elim me. Not this time. I will pull out the WIM when I need to. I have tricks up my sleeves. In fact, save me the energy and just treat this post as an inno child claim. I am for all your intents and purposes untouchable. If you decide you want me out of this game, you will need to spend a kill on me.

It is not your fault you randed wolf, and I am nothing if not sympathetic to an unfortunate rand, so I give you this warning now to help you plan around it. Everyone deserves a fair shot.

In the words of Descartes, ‘I post therefore I am town’. Or, in the words of a more modern philosopher, ‘U Kant touch this’.

Good luck, wolves. Just don’t say I didn’t warn you.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Dear wolves,

Let’s make this clear so you don’t waste your time: I will not be one of your miselims this game.

You will soon think I could be, of course. Even with the postcap I will likely not be able to keep up with the tryhards on this roster, and I will inevitably be perceived as low-hanging fruit. ‘MR will be an easy chop’ you’ll think. ‘Probably a flash wagon candidate.’

But you will be mistaken. You simply won’t be able to mis-elim me. Not this time. I will pull out the WIM when I need to. I have tricks up my sleeves. In fact, save me the energy and just treat this post as an inno child claim. I am for all your intents and purposes untouchable. If you decide you want me out of this game, you will need to spend a kill on me.

It is not your fault you randed wolf, and I am nothing if not sympathetic to an unfortunate rand, so I give you this warning now to help you plan around it. Everyone deserves a fair shot.

In the words of Descartes, ‘I post therefore I am town’. Or, in the words of a more modern philosopher, ‘U Kant touch this’.

Good luck, wolves. Just don’t say I didn’t warn you.
iaafr
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 371
Preferred Pronouns: any/especially "big chungus iaafr"

Post by iaafr »

alright I'm lock towning radishes and ignoring that slot for the rest of the game ig

marmot can take the heat for the bad puns because he did it more
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 310
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:53 pm
nutella wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:40 pm i will probably scumread jay on d1 and then decide he's in town meta on d2

the inverse of silverkeith
this post pinged me because it's the type of post that i would make as a wolf that wants to contribute to the ongoing conversation about jagged's alignment without having any specific observations to make - it's a very filler post, which is totally fine, but it just felt a little awkward for nutella to sit out of the conversation about jay's alignment while still somewhat involving herself in it
nutella wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:03 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:50 pm Just so we're clear what's happening here i already gave my three and a half reads and now I'm going to shit post until I cap myself and come back 10-15 minutes before eod to naked vote and be sheeped and we may or may not hit mafia but it'll be worth it for the experience and the memories
this is performative

might loop back to being towny but im not sure
im also a little concerned on how nutella went from: "this post from nanook is performative but maybe in a towny way" to putting nanook in her "Bad Vibes" tier on #266, and her push on cassandra on #316 pinged me when i was catching up as well. i do think that nutella is playing closer to her scum game than her town game so far and i guess i want to make that known, but if she is town then im pretty confident ill find her
i think youre oversimplifying my reads, to me there was more nuance between these but maybe it wasn't clear, like the first nanook comment was a net negative albeit light, and you're renaming my meh tier to bad tier to exaggerate a perceived discrepancy which in my pov wasn't a discrepancy at all? i'm almost concerned that you're trying to paint my progression as less consistent than it truly was in the posts that are right there that you can read

yeah the more i think about it the more thats classic scum spf narrative tweaking

i townlean alexa a bit now, i don't feel super strongly about either nook or jay rn but gth i'd lean toward nook being town and right about jay, if you'll permit me to make an accursed d1 dichotomy read
NotAnAxehole wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:12 am
leetic wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:11 am
NotAnAxehole wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:09 am
Lime Coke wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:07 am
leetic wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:04 am I'm stepping off the SPF wagon since I'm not entirely comfortable with a wagon that has grown to four votes with little progression. [VOTE: NotAnAxehole] aubergine I notice that you just joined the wagon, and seemingly when SPF was starting to actually contribute, so why? Was there anything that pinged you?
That's...yeah I'm willing to vote that.

[VOTE: NotAnAxehole] aubergine

Honestly if I don't come up with a good scumread I'm probably lobbying to yeet him no matter what.
You can't kill a 2-shot cop :feb:
Number one, roles are not necessarily tied to alignments here, number two, if you are town you just painted a massive target on your back, and number three, you picked a really inorganic time to claim

Like seriously, I'm not sure why you felt the need to do that
Wooosh (it's a joke)
this is real bad
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

iaafr wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:53 am alright I'm lock towning radishes and ignoring that slot for the rest of the game ig

it has already been determined
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

iaafr wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:53 am alright I'm lock towning radishes and ignoring that slot for the rest of the game ig

that's what a wolf would do
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

nutella wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:55 am

it has already been determined
this is also what a wolf would do

it is in fact what 2 wolves would do
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

damn iaafr it's over we shouldn't have hard aligned so hard, we'll get 'em next time ig
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer

Post by NotAnAxehole »

nutella wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:54 am
staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:53 pm
nutella wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:40 pm i will probably scumread jay on d1 and then decide he's in town meta on d2

the inverse of silverkeith
this post pinged me because it's the type of post that i would make as a wolf that wants to contribute to the ongoing conversation about jagged's alignment without having any specific observations to make - it's a very filler post, which is totally fine, but it just felt a little awkward for nutella to sit out of the conversation about jay's alignment while still somewhat involving herself in it
nutella wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:03 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:50 pm Just so we're clear what's happening here i already gave my three and a half reads and now I'm going to shit post until I cap myself and come back 10-15 minutes before eod to naked vote and be sheeped and we may or may not hit mafia but it'll be worth it for the experience and the memories
this is performative

might loop back to being towny but im not sure
im also a little concerned on how nutella went from: "this post from nanook is performative but maybe in a towny way" to putting nanook in her "Bad Vibes" tier on #266, and her push on cassandra on #316 pinged me when i was catching up as well. i do think that nutella is playing closer to her scum game than her town game so far and i guess i want to make that known, but if she is town then im pretty confident ill find her
i think youre oversimplifying my reads, to me there was more nuance between these but maybe it wasn't clear, like the first nanook comment was a net negative albeit light, and you're renaming my meh tier to bad tier to exaggerate a perceived discrepancy which in my pov wasn't a discrepancy at all? i'm almost concerned that you're trying to paint my progression as less consistent than it truly was in the posts that are right there that you can read

yeah the more i think about it the more thats classic scum spf narrative tweaking

i townlean alexa a bit now, i don't feel super strongly about either nook or jay rn but gth i'd lean toward nook being town and right about jay, if you'll permit me to make an accursed d1 dichotomy read
NotAnAxehole wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:12 am
leetic wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:11 am
NotAnAxehole wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:09 am
Lime Coke wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:07 am
leetic wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:04 am I'm stepping off the SPF wagon since I'm not entirely comfortable with a wagon that has grown to four votes with little progression. [VOTE: NotAnAxehole] aubergine I notice that you just joined the wagon, and seemingly when SPF was starting to actually contribute, so why? Was there anything that pinged you?
That's...yeah I'm willing to vote that.

[VOTE: NotAnAxehole] aubergine

Honestly if I don't come up with a good scumread I'm probably lobbying to yeet him no matter what.
You can't kill a 2-shot cop :feb:
Number one, roles are not necessarily tied to alignments here, number two, if you are town you just painted a massive target on your back, and number three, you picked a really inorganic time to claim

Like seriously, I'm not sure why you felt the need to do that
Wooosh (it's a joke)
this is real bad
Which part, because there are several layers to it.
2022 Stats

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
iaafr
Racketeer

Post by iaafr »

ur being oof rn and that is the extent of how much I care to react
ilario
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 195
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his/himself

Post by ilario »

@MacDougall I’m curious to hear your non-fart related read on nutella when you have it. She feels off this game but idk if that makes her scum. If I didn’t know she was nutella and she was posting some of these posts I’d call the slot kinda towny, like she’s gotten towny but not in the way the Nutella normally tends to towntell if that makes sense. (Then again my sample size with her is quite small)
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

the same thing has happened in my last several games where i'm not as immediately obvtown for the first half of d1, not really intentionally it's just that people expect me to be blindingly town but i'm really not lol (and ngl my demeanor has shifted a bit in the last few months so i'm not as spammy in general)
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

(i am blindingly obvtown though so just jot that down)
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

Yeah it was towny and I was expecting something like this from him after his and cassandras most recent game. Let’s see if his play actually follows through though.
iaafr
Racketeer

Post by iaafr »

the thing about spf is

her entrance is better this game than in 16/8

but she gave herself time to make it better (prewritten more evenhanded content on more slots, as opposed to a kind of crappy scumread on amrock only) and arguably that was the weakest part of that game

so I'm hesitant to townread her on it and now she's gonna be the eternal victim of my fear paranoia in this game
iaafr
Racketeer

Post by iaafr »

nutella is blindingly obvtown
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

i am eternally paranoid of spf in every game and if i have time i might take a look at how she framed reads in cov in a confbiased way to see if the thing i'm starting to see here comes up
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
iaafr
Racketeer

Post by iaafr »

I'm like very tempted to declare Mac hard outed but idk lmao
staypositivefriend
Hitman
Posts in topic: 320
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by staypositivefriend »

nutella wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:54 am i think youre oversimplifying my reads, to me there was more nuance between these but maybe it wasn't clear, like the first nanook comment was a net negative albeit light, and you're renaming my meh tier to bad tier to exaggerate a perceived discrepancy which in my pov wasn't a discrepancy at all? i'm almost concerned that you're trying to paint my progression as less consistent than it truly was in the posts that are right there that you can read

to be clear, i don't think there's a discrepancy in your progression on nanook - i just felt that your progression on him was a little underdeveloped/unclear

it is usually very easy to understand how your reads shift from point A to point B when youre town, whereas your reasoning to put nanook in your "meh" tier seemed more opaque, which made me worried that you were just going through the motions of having a progression instead of organically coming up with one, if you get me. i would actually find it helpful if you talked about your thoughts on nanook a little bit more (and ftr some of your posts on this page are making me wonder if youre just town)

also the renaming of the "meh" tier wasnt intentional but that probably is something i would do as mafia
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

iaafr wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:11 am I'm like very tempted to declare Mac hard outed but idk lmao
i was actually typing up a post saying that mac was demonstrating the "wolves don't know what to do when iaafr and nutella are tagteam obvtowning in thread" theorem but i felt bad about the hubris and deleted it but now i'm posting it anyway

he clearly doesn't know what to do which is >rand wolf for mac, it's early but significant imo
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 459
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I am here to present town!marmot

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer

Post by NotAnAxehole »

Marmot wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:17 am I am here to present town!marmot
Long time no see
2022 Stats

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

I’d say anne alexa iaafr nutella lc are my trs

Leetic brought up something to me in our chat that has given me pause to the nook tr

Spf as slight town
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

NotAnAxehole wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:18 am
Long time no see

That's the second time you encouraged a quickhammer in LYLO when I was not around and mod-confirmed town. Stop that. :p

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

ilario wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:19 am I’d say anne alexa iaafr nutella lc are my trs

Leetic brought up something to me in our chat that has given me pause to the nook tr

Spf as slight town
Are you and Leetic mason/neighborrs? Or mafia partners? Or somethin else?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

NotAnAxehole
Racketeer

Post by NotAnAxehole »

Marmot wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:21 am
NotAnAxehole wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:18 am
Long time no see

That's the second time you encouraged a quickhammer in LYLO when I was not around and mod-confirmed town. Stop that. :p
LOL, it's true, you have a bad habbit of not being around at important times... :D
2022 Stats

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

ilario wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:19 am I’d say anne alexa iaafr nutella lc are my trs

Spf as slight town
I’ll leave that for you to decide or if leetic wants to explain he can. all Im gonna say is we share a post cap
staypositivefriend
Hitman

iaafr wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:06 am the thing about spf is

her entrance is better this game than in 16/8

but she gave herself time to make it better (prewritten more evenhanded content on more slots, as opposed to a kind of crappy scumread on amrock only) and arguably that was the weakest part of that game

so I'm hesitant to townread her on it and now she's gonna be the eternal victim of my fear paranoia in this game
fwiw i was completely frozen for the first ~hour of that 16/8er and had no absolutely no idea how to enter the game, which is why i entered it in the most extra way possible by scumreading amrock

i wont say that my entrance as a wolf in this game would be equally as bad, but producing evenhanded content is usually a much lower priority for me as a wolf than making surface-level towny sounding posts
iaafr
Racketeer

Post by iaafr »

Spf as slight town
they're in the same slot for some reason

a forced hydra, if you will

also

[VOTE: macdougall] aubergine
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

ilario wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:24 am

Spf as slight town
I’ll leave that for you to decide or if leetic wants to explain they can. all Im gonna say is we share a post cap
Sorry wrong pronoun. Ebwop.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:14 am
nutella wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:54 am i think youre oversimplifying my reads, to me there was more nuance between these but maybe it wasn't clear, like the first nanook comment was a net negative albeit light, and you're renaming my meh tier to bad tier to exaggerate a perceived discrepancy which in my pov wasn't a discrepancy at all? i'm almost concerned that you're trying to paint my progression as less consistent than it truly was in the posts that are right there that you can read

to be clear, i don't think there's a discrepancy in your progression on nanook - i just felt that your progression on him was a little underdeveloped/unclear

it is usually very easy to understand how your reads shift from point A to point B when youre town, whereas your reasoning to put nanook in your "meh" tier seemed more opaque, which made me worried that you were just going through the motions of having a progression instead of organically coming up with one, if you get me. i would actually find it helpful if you talked about your thoughts on nanook a little bit more (and ftr some of your posts on this page are making me wonder if youre just town)

also the renaming of the "meh" tier wasnt intentional but that probably is something i would do as mafia
i don't really know what to do with this high-volume form of nanook and there are ways i can read his performativity as town indicative, maybe even more likely so. the post about planning to hit postcap and drop off pinged me as something wolf nook might want to do as a kind of defense mechanism (use up posts and take himself off the table in a way). idk. i think he's using the posts well so far and not just spamming, and i liked that he picked up on jay's vibes being off, even if i don't agree with how hard he's pushing it since jay's vibes tend to be off d1 ime. like i don't think jay is seen as a mischop in general but it's conceivable to push him d1? idk i don't actually see the permutation of wolf nook and town jay here making sense. conceivably nook could be hellbussing jay as w/w for fun and profit but i think it's more likely nook is simply town who truly feels bad vibes from jay
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

ilario wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:19 am Leetic brought up something to me in our chat that has given me pause to the nook tr
was it that he could be bussing jay lmao
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

nutella wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:27 am

i don't really know what to do with this high-volume form of nanook and there are ways i can read his performativity as town indicative, maybe even more likely so. the post about planning to hit postcap and drop off pinged me as something wolf nook might want to do as a kind of defense mechanism (use up posts and take himself off the table in a way). idk. i think he's using the posts well so far and not just spamming, and i liked that he picked up on jay's vibes being off, even if i don't agree with how hard he's pushing it since jay's vibes tend to be off d1 ime. like i don't think jay is seen as a mischop in general but it's conceivable to push him d1? idk i don't actually see the permutation of wolf nook and town jay here making sense. conceivably nook could be hellbussing jay as w/w for fun and profit but i think it's more likely nook is simply town who truly feels bad vibes from jay

Is Nanook trying to look good for some cute philosopher?

(I'm catching up now, but I had to ask)

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Oh I'm not the only one sensing JJJ being off, good to know. The dude forgot how to wolf.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

staypositivefriend
Hitman

nutella wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:27 am

okay thanks, i like this post
staypositivefriend
Hitman

[VOTE: MacDougall] aubergine
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 119
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

nutella and iaafr tend to look good in their dealings with each other in a way that reminds me of my own dynamic with Sloonei. They speak the same language and in that interaction a purer expression of them seems to emerge. That might not be super clear; it’s dependent upon an abstract connection to a specific player. I’m not sure that is a universal experience for everyone.

Anyway I like their cooperative vibe
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Marmot wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:29 am Oh I'm not the only one sensing JJJ being off, good to know. The dude forgot how to wolf.
What’s off
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

SPF’s reads carry a degree of nuance that I tend to associate with her town game without striking me as contrived or rehearsed. Good start in the post-uwu era*

*band name dibs CLAIMED

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:37 am
Marmot wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:29 am Oh I'm not the only one sensing JJJ being off, good to know. The dude forgot how to wolf.
What’s off
You're talking about people and not to people. I'm accustomed to you engaging people with their takes and posts, rather than dropping a line or two and moving on.

Your tone doesn't look to me like you feel comfortable in this game.

I realize the first of these things is not what's happening here, but that's what I've noticed in your first dozen posts or so (I'm still on page 4).

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Marmot wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:41 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:37 am
What’s off
You're talking about people and not to people. I'm accustomed to you engaging people with their takes and posts, rather than dropping a line or two and moving on.

Your tone doesn't look to me like you feel comfortable in this game.

I realize the first of these things is not what's happening here, but that's what I've noticed in your first dozen posts or so (I'm still on page 4).
Okay.

There’s a facilitatory character to what I suspect folks perceive as Generic Jay Play that is less critical in a game filled with great players who will talk plenty without me. That definitely includes pointed dialogue AT people. This thread has started the right way I think and I don’t feel an immediate need to do all that stuff right now. The game is doing well to facilitate itself without all my incessant nudging. Nice job gang! :goofp:

I’ll let you catch up

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:01 pm
cassandra wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:57 pm anne can you put on an avatar
Hello cassandra. I think you're the only person here I haven't played with or at least had ~Mafia conversations~ with (iaafr). So like, what are you about

JJJ is weird. This intro is also weird. Consider it a slight scumread. These sorts of posts continue on page 3.

leetic/ilario probably town. They're ready to move out of RVS pretty quickly.

ilario wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:30 pm This is the first time I’ve caught up to a thread and everyone feels so scummy, weird

I take it back, this post doesn't jive with my view of the game so far.

iaafr wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:33 pm
anne wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:32 pm i read some posts and now i feel super 🤢

help me
have you tried dodging the thread for extended periods of time?

iaafr has been rather amusing into page 4, thought not really TRable.

ilario wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:44 pm
anne wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:44 pm ive seen nook post 300 times in a day 1 where at least 90% of the posts were either one line or a meme
Lmaooo

Was he town?
ilario wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:45 pm
cassandra wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:44 pm illario is kinda scummy but he's told me before he tries to be scummy as town right away to not get night killed and if he's mason with leetic then he prob is annoyed leetic claimed so too soon to tell
Lmaooo I’m not trying to be intentionally scummy this game, what part of me pinged you?
ilario wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:48 pm
cassandra wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:46 pm
ilario wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:45 pm
cassandra wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:44 pm illario is kinda scummy but he's told me before he tries to be scummy as town right away to not get night killed and if he's mason with leetic then he prob is annoyed leetic claimed so too soon to tell
Lmaooo I’m not trying to be intentionally scummy this game, what part of me pinged you?
IDK i guess i thought we'd mindmeld more on nook, so your "meta and vibes" answer kinda pinged me

ugh i forgot this is 100 PC im gonna be careful
Lmaooo he’s like my strongest tr, Maybe my meta is wrong

If this pinged you I assume you find him scummy? How so?

Lmaooo, ilario started three posts in a row with lmaooo. The dude's ass must be on the floor by now.

This kind of levity actually pings me, but I can't really find a good explanation for it.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

nutella wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:16 am
iaafr wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:11 am I'm like very tempted to declare Mac hard outed but idk lmao
i was actually typing up a post saying that mac was demonstrating the "wolves don't know what to do when iaafr and nutella are tagteam obvtowning in thread" theorem but i felt bad about the hubris and deleted it but now i'm posting it anyway

he clearly doesn't know what to do which is >rand wolf for mac, it's early but significant imo
I didn't read any posts at all but if you and iaafr wanna run the game be my guest
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

This post looks town to me for reasons I don’t want to get into. The EM gang or others should say if they feel this is not a post to be town read.

leetic/ilario are probably my top town read.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

Lol, marmot is town

Now I’m running into the opposite problem I had early game.

Return to “Previous Rackets”