100%

Total votes: 9
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 434
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Re: Game of Champions 2022 D2

Post by Scotty »

Golden wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 5:05 pm This is stupid because svs is caught wolf and no one is listening.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 1220

Post by Golden »

Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 5:09 pm
Golden wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 5:06 pm Fuck off mac. Enough of you.
Please refrain from saying stuff like that. It kind of brings the mood of the game down. Take a break if you need to.
I do not agree that I am the problem here.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
falcon45ca
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 218

Post by falcon45ca »

Golden wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 5:09 pm Anyway, I’m voting rondo to meet your emotional need to know his alignment this very second. Fine with me. You might even be right. If you are svs is still a teammate.
Talk to me about your SVS read plz
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 978

Post by MacDougall »

Golden wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 5:09 pm Anyway, I’m voting rondo to meet your emotional need to know his alignment this very second. Fine with me. You might even be right. If you are svs is still a teammate.
I don't appreciate how you are treating me right now. I could attempt to injure your pride too, out of wounded ego and probably with more skill and tact but I feel it would be a bad idea so I'm refraining. Try to imagine the types of things I would say though. Like walk up to a mirror and insult yourself for me please.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 5:10 pm
MacDougall wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 5:08 pm
Golden wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 5:08 pm
MacDougall wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 5:07 pm
Golden wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 5:03 pm
MacDougall wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 5:02 pm
Golden wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 5:01 pm Ffs mac someone needs to throw a shell at you.
Someone needs to stop antagonising me and stop being a fucking hypocrite actually.
You’re the one antagonising. You are literally wolf reading every single person who isn’t doing what you want. I’m not your slave.
Liar. I am wolfreading Alison for egregiously mischaracterising the nature of Rondo's play in order to defend him.

I am annoyed and sceptical of you and find your pleading to loyalty to be absurd given you didn't even give me the courtesy of reading my argument towards Rondo before attempting to undermine it.

Go back and read this interaction with a clear mind and apologise for calling me a fool.
I have a very clear mind. I was trying to get you out of your mood with rationality. You don’t want me to.
You have called me a fool and told me to fuck off. I've not been remotely as disrespectful as this. I'm playing mafia. What are you doing?

Also if you want to get me out of my mood with rationality, walking back your blatant disregard of my case and assessing it on its merits is a much more fruitful option.
I don’t have time to do that in the next short while.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Golden wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 5:10 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 5:09 pm
Golden wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 5:06 pm Fuck off mac. Enough of you.
Please refrain from saying stuff like that. It kind of brings the mood of the game down. Take a break if you need to.
I do not agree that I am the problem here.
I am playing mafia and vociferously defending my point. I have crossed no lines and hurled zero personal insults. You have.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Hey folks, just a gentle reminder to take a step back if the game is getting to you. No need to trade insults. I’m not the MoD this game; but am a MoD and would offer our wonderful mods as a venting place

Namaste

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Scotty wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 5:10 pm
Golden wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 5:05 pm This is stupid because svs is caught wolf and no one is listening.
I'd love to be pointed at the part where it became apparent SVS is a caught wolf actually.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Anyway, I think both SVS and rondo can be a hit. They don’t have to be mutually exclusive

Urist
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 303

Post by Urist »

@Dyslexicon I spoke on the sig-sabi fake derp thing earlier. I think that it's possible for the interaction to be orchestrated, but unlikely. I doubt that sig could really think that sabi is sabie if they're in discord together. And if it's a fake derp, it makes little sense for sabi herself to point it out and throw suspicion on sig for it.
All in all I think it's more likely that sabi was just looking for a contrived reason to suspect sig.
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 937

Post by Dyslexicon »

Scotty wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 5:14 pm Anyway, I think both SVS and rondo can be a hit. They don’t have to be mutually exclusive
Yes.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Scotty wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 5:13 pm Hey folks, just a gentle reminder to take a step back if the game is getting to you. No need to trade insults. I’m not the MoD this game; but am a MoD and would offer our wonderful mods as a venting place

Namaste
I'd just like to apologise...

to absolutely nobody!

The best town on MU 2022 does whatever the fuck he wants...

Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 5:11 pm
I don't appreciate how you are treating me right now. I could attempt to injure your pride too, out of wounded ego and probably with more skill and tact but I feel it would be a bad idea so I'm refraining. Try to imagine the types of things I would say though. Like walk up to a mirror and insult yourself for me please.
I don’t appreciate how you were treating me. That’s the point isn’t it, yeah fair enough to say I’ve given it back. But you constantly reject endeavours to talk rationally with emotive language… this isn’t just a me thing.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Golden wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 5:15 pm
MacDougall wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 5:11 pm
I don’t appreciate how you were treating me. That’s the point isn’t it, yeah fair enough to say I’ve given it back. But you constantly reject endeavours to talk rationally with emotive language… this isn’t just a me thing.
I'm sorry I used emotive language in a text based communication game. Forgive me I forgot to read the rule that said one must be a robot.
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 5:15 pm
Scotty wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 5:13 pm Hey folks, just a gentle reminder to take a step back if the game is getting to you. No need to trade insults. I’m not the MoD this game; but am a MoD and would offer our wonderful mods as a venting place

Namaste
I'd just like to apologise...

to absolutely nobody!

The best town on MU 2022 does whatever the fuck he wants...

See, now this is funny
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 5:13 pm
I'd love to be pointed at the part where it became apparent SVS is a caught wolf actually.
As has been discussed, those that know civ SVS can see that a civ SVS would have more fire.

Is it damning that she isn’t doing civ SVS things here? No, it could very well be that she just doesn’t have the time and it’s throwing off people’s meta reads.

I won’t pretend to know SVS as well as any of the other old schoolers, but it makes sense if you look at the viewpoint of those that do.

Conversely? I don’t think anyone in this game is a caught wolf. Otherwise they’d have 20 votes on them

Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Urist wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 5:14 pm @Dyslexicon I spoke on the sig-sabi fake derp thing earlier. I think that it's possible for the interaction to be orchestrated, but unlikely. I doubt that sig could really think that sabi is sabie if they're in discord together. And if it's a fake derp, it makes little sense for sabi herself to point it out and throw suspicion on sig for it.
All in all I think it's more likely that sabi was just looking for a contrived reason to suspect sig.
Thank you for input. I guess it's always possible that it is a genuine derp, but still w/w. Sig's ISO did not spark joy. But not an option for today anyway. I'm just trying to sort through my unclears. Buuut, the derp thing maybe is just w/t with occam's razor
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Is SVS "caught wolf" simply a meta read?

@Golden
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

@MacDougall I think you're reacting in a big way to Alison's point about Rondo having a slapfight with you. I kind of got her point tbh, not that I entirely agree. But I could see how she would think that. And her characterisation of it is more a manner of speaking.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Scotty wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 5:14 pm Anyway, I think both SVS and rondo can be a hit. They don’t have to be mutually exclusive
This is really obfuscating the point I was frustrated about but honestly the desperation with which it seems people need to process my behaviour as oriented towards protecting my ego vs. a desire to help town win a game and see through mistruths in the pursuit of said wincon has me arriving at a point with which I recognise that the game being won is not worth the tribulation that such things cause.

That is all to say Rondo is lock town y'all. Floundering and capitulating to a well made case is a fabulous reason to townread someone and Alison is a genius for realising that. I am voting on the wrong pusy.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

I want to say this: If Sig flips mafia, Golden is very likely a teammate. Please remember this.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

[VOTE: Seanzie] aubergine
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

falcon45ca wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 5:17 pm Is SVS "caught wolf" simply a meta read?

@Golden
Yeah, just me being exaggerative.
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 5:18 pm
This is really obfuscating the point I was frustrated about but honestly the desperation with which it seems people need to process my behaviour as oriented towards protecting my ego vs. a desire to help town win a game and see through mistruths in the pursuit of said wincon has me arriving at a point with which I recognise that the game being won is not worth the tribulation that such things cause.

That is all to say Rondo is lock town y'all. Floundering and capitulating to a well made case is a fabulous reason to townread someone and Alison is a genius for realising that. I am voting on the wrong pusy.
Does anyone have a sarcasm meter?

Mine's broken
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Scotty wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 5:16 pm
MacDougall wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 5:13 pm
As has been discussed, those that know civ SVS can see that a civ SVS would have more fire.

Is it damning that she isn’t doing civ SVS things here? No, it could very well be that she just doesn’t have the time and it’s throwing off people’s meta reads.

I won’t pretend to know SVS as well as any of the other old schoolers, but it makes sense if you look at the viewpoint of those that do.

Conversely? I don’t think anyone in this game is a caught wolf. Otherwise they’d have 20 votes on them
No you're right Scotty. I'm sorry I didn't see it before. I should ignore all of my own cases and arbitrarily vote on someone because they lack "civ fire". That's it right there. The slam dunk obvious mafia we've been looking for.

Thank you for showing me the light.
Kate
LAMIST Supatown
Posts in topic: 180
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Kate »

Golden wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 5:01 pm Ffs mac someone needs to throw a shell at you.
Someone needs to stop antagonising me and stop being a fucking hypocrite actually.
Use your nice words.
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 5:18 pm @MacDougall I think you're reacting in a big way to Alison's point about Rondo having a slapfight with you. I kind of got her point tbh, not that I entirely agree. But I could see how she would think that. And her characterisation of it is more a manner of speaking.
Explain to me like I'm 5 how you can get her point but not agree. Please.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

You're all pusies to me tbh
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Golden wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 5:20 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 5:17 pm Is SVS "caught wolf" simply a meta read?

@Golden
Talk to me about this meta...they just don't have enough towny fire?

You had specific reasons for TR Kate, so I imagine you have some for SR SVS, no?
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 391
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 5:01 pm I have no idea why I wrote SVS pusy. That is ... an interesting autocorrect to say the least.

I'm sure the purity of the pusy is in tact. Need to be clear on this.
page was boring until this
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Kate wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 5:21 pm
Use your nice words.
Maybe spare me and direct this at the person who called me a fool amid other personal insults rather than reprimanding me for saying a word 90% of western homes say when they run out of milk and forgot to get some hmmm [imagine personal insult goes here].
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Mac, I do apologise for the tone I take with you. I take it often and just assume you in particular can take it and aren’t phased, but it is unfair.
Creature
Made Man
Posts in topic: 470

Post by Creature »

Oh welp this is annoying
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Golden wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 5:22 pm Mac, I do apologise for the tone I take with you. I take it often and just assume you in particular can take it and aren’t phased, but it is unfair.
The only reason that it is unfair is that if I were baited into replying in kind I would be the one held up as the emotional maniac and rissoled for it. I would take it with fine humour if I was able to reciprocate with the full power of my arsenal of Australian insults.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 5:21 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 5:18 pm @MacDougall I think you're reacting in a big way to Alison's point about Rondo having a slapfight with you. I kind of got her point tbh, not that I entirely agree. But I could see how she would think that. And her characterisation of it is more a manner of speaking.
Hi, little Mac! I wub you! Let mommy explain something to you! I think her point was that Rondo "picked a fight with you" and that it makes him look bad if Seanzie is mafia KP, because it would be a way to distract away from Sean. I could see Alison thinking this, because I think she assumes everyone is playing in a strategical, planned out and optimal way. Which I think is very far from the truth. I think most people do random stuff and that things just happen. We are people, not machines. So I don't agree that Rondo had any specific purpose getting into a fight with you, and I think that Rondo didn't really have a choice to in the first place. He's playing a game, and suddenly he was in a fight with you. Does that make sense?
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Ok well, I’m only voting mac if 2 others with wagons are also voting there. Otherwise it won’t work.

I still think that’s a great town-sided play, but it requires participation from the players so nah humbug

[VOTE: Rondo] aubergine

Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

I think Mac's a wolf but I'll give him the chance to lynch a wolf today incase he is town or bussing wolf.

[VOTE: RondoDimBuckle] aubergine
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Mac pushing Seanzie and me though is a bad look.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

We don't do insults anymore. It's just not cool.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Also apologise not for the tone, that is the nature of mafia. The content is the part that crosses the line not the heightened emotive tone.

Also thank you for addressing it and I apologise if I accidentally tickled your pusy.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

falcon45ca wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 5:21 pm
Golden wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 5:20 pm

@Golden
Talk to me about this meta...they just don't have enough towny fire?

You had specific reasons for TR Kate, so I imagine you have some for SR SVS, no?
Town SVS would generally be jumping at the shadow of wolves in her wagon, omgusing hard, and independently hunting as well. She’s been claiming catch ups but hasn’t even really been creating much content out of that.
Urist
Loan Shark

Post by Urist »

votecount

RondoDimBuckle
21%

Voters: Sloonei, falcon45ca, Golden, Seanzie, MacDougall, Scotty, RondoDimBuckle, EnderWiggin

S~V~S
8%

Voters: Urist, sig, Kate

Scotty
11%

Voters: hollowkatt, Creature, Marmot, Party Crasher

Seanzie
18%

Voters: Dyslexicon, nutella, Neon, Alison, Michelle, Lilypetal, Porscha
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Do we have enough KP to kill like 7-8 wolves alive?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 5:24 pm
MacDougall wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 5:21 pm
Hi, little Mac! I wub you! Let mommy explain something to you! I think her point was that Rondo "picked a fight with you" and that it makes him look bad if Seanzie is mafia KP, because it would be a way to distract away from Sean. I could see Alison thinking this, because I think she assumes everyone is playing in a strategical, planned out and optimal way. Which I think is very far from the truth. I think most people do random stuff and that things just happen. We are people, not machines. So I don't agree that Rondo had any specific purpose getting into a fight with you, and I think that Rondo didn't really have a choice to in the first place. He's playing a game, and suddenly he was in a fight with you. Does that make sense?
You are correct in describing the reality of what occurred.

I still don't understand how you can deduce that Alison analysing it the way that she did wasn't in bad faith. That seems overly generous to me.
Urist
Loan Shark

Post by Urist »

let the record show that i tried to work with golden but he decided he didn't want to vote with me on SVS
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Creature wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 5:25 pm Mac pushing Seanzie and me though is a bad look.
Why is pushing Seanzie and you a bad look Creatus?
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Creature wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 5:25 pm I think Mac's a wolf but I'll give him the chance to lynch a wolf today incase he is town or bussing wolf.

[VOTE: RondoDimBuckle] aubergine

Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 4:09 pm
Golden wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 2:44 pm If Sean lets the town control his vig kills but he's wolf, that's still advantageous. I don't understand the drive to kill Seanzie with immediacy when we have a known mechanical basis to test him.

For me, I'd reach a consensus on who Sean should shoot and policy elim him if he refused, given he's been asking the town all day who he should shoot.
My gosh. I really don't like the weasel like manner that you and Alison are trying to undermine my wagons.
I do object to being called a weasel, btw.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Creature wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 5:26 pm Do we have enough KP to kill like 7-8 wolves alive?
Maybe if wolves vote for me.

:haha:
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

If you think I’m a wolf, call it wolfy.

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”