Resurrection Recruitment Game

Post your incomplete mafia game submissions here, regardless of game type. You may not even be sure which type you'll go with yet.

Moderator: Community Team

G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 2

Resurrection Recruitment Game

Post by G-Man »

I haven't settled on the storytelling side of this yet (not a zombie person, so I'm trying to not go that route), but I want to get some feedback to see if this could be a viable side mission or full game.

Roles:
-Civvies
-Baddie Team A
-Baddie Team B

Gameplay:
-When civvies get lynched or NK'd, they come back to life as a baddie.

-If NKed by Baddie Team A, they come back and join Baddie Team B.

-If NKed by Baddie Team B, they come back and join Baddie Team A.

-If lynched or NKed by the civvie ninja, the soon to be undead player can choose to join Team A, Team B, or elect to remain a wandering undead person and can win with either baddie team if they make it to the end of the game.

-If an undead player is lynched or NKed by either baddies or the civvie ninja (in other words, killed for a second time), they are dead for good.

-If original members of the baddie teams are lynched or NKed, then they are dead for good.

-If all of the original members of a baddie team are eliminated, then their undead army goes rogue and continues killing and they can only win if they eliminate all civvies, the remaining baddie team, and that baddie team's undead army.

-The civvie ninja kills every night. The power of the civvie ninja kill isn't static though. If the player possessing the ninja power is lynched or NKed, another civvie player takes their place as the ninja. Also, if that player fails to send in a kill PM (the kill is mandatory- no opting out) the power will move to someone else.

-There will also be a special civvie voting power. If they vote for the person who ends up getting lynched, they can choose to destroy the lynch victim completely, prohibiting them from coming back to life.

-Both baddie teams kill each night as well.

-I'm considering making all the civvies vanilla but giving each of them three one-time items: an extra vote, a block, and a protection. These items are forfeited upon their first death (keeping the goodies out of the hands of the baddies). The protections must be used on another player.

Okay, pick it apart and help me make it better. :)
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Spoiler: show
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Resurrection Recruitment Game

Post by Ricochet »

uhm

Nope I'm dead tired. Don't really understand any of this. Maybe tomorrow.
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Golden »

Some balance thoughts, G-Man...

If a civvie dies, why would you not simply immediately lynch that person again?
The 'rogue undead army' win condition seems to be what you'd expect their baddie team win condition to be. What is the difference intended to be?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 2

Post by G-Man »

Golden wrote:Some balance thoughts, G-Man...

If a civvie dies, why would you not simply immediately lynch that person again?
The 'rogue undead army' win condition seems to be what you'd expect their baddie team win condition to be. What is the difference intended to be?
I think I was going to bring back lynched and NKed civvies at the same time. So, Day 1 they lynch a civvie and Night 1 two other civvies die. If they all come back together, it's not so easy for the civvies to decide who to lynch. They would also have to prioritize whether to lynch a known undead or to try to lynch the baddies causing the undead to rise. If you kill off the original members of a baddie team, then you eliminate one of the moving parts of the game.

As for your second question, I guess that would be more of a storytelling thing. If a baddie team wins, then they use their undead army to conquer the land. If the rogue undead army wins then they just wander the countryside, leaving the setting of the game in ruins.

Also, I think the baddie teams will alternate nights killing or else it could be a total lost cause for the civvies from the start. My rough drafts always seem to involve too much death at once.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom

Return to “The Basement”