Doctor Who Mafia - Sign Ups

Moderator: Community Team

Do you know the answer to 'The Question'?

Yes. And it chills me to the bone. (In)
79%
No. Could you repeat it again? I'm a bit dense. (Out)
5%
May I use a lifeline? (Replacement)
3%
Sorry. I am excluded from winning a prize in this contest. (Hosts/Mod/Non)
13%

Total votes: 39
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 34

Doctor Who Mafia - Sign Ups

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:
Are you ready for excitement, adventure, and a journey through time and space to interesting places and events? Maybe, yes.

Or maybe you'd prefer to sit back on the sidelines and watch it happen from afar because you're a wuss? Maybe, yes.

Or maybe you just like things like bananas, bow ties, cowboy hats (both of which are obviously cool), and timey-wimey...ummmmm...stuff. Mayyyyybeeeee, yeeeeeessssss.

Well if any of that interests you, than this is the mafia game for you.Now available to play at a syndicate near you...
Doctor Who: Mafia Edition

Co-hosted by birdwithteeth11 and bea

Last edited by birdwithteeth11 on Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Re: Doctor Who Mafia - Sign Ups

Civvies (19): Must eliminate Daleks, Cybermen, and The Master to win.

The Doctor: The last surviving Time Lord in the universe. He travels through time and space in the TARDIS (Time and Relative Dimension in Space), which is disguised as a police phone box. Usually he travels with a companion or companions. Comes off as mysterious and eccentric initially, but often shows that he is much more complicated than he appears. He cares deeply for his companions, and as such, every night he searches for one of them. Every time he finds one, he gains a permanent ability. If he manages to find at least 3 of them, he gains a special power. SECRETS

Rose Tyler: The Doctor's main companion for Series 1 & 2. Starts off initially skeptical of the man who saved her from the Plastic People, but grows to develop an attachment for him. Even to the point of loving him. The Doctor searches for her every night. If he finds her, she unlocks her “Bad Wolf” form, which makes her immune to any targeting from the Daleks.

Martha Jones: The Doctor's main companion for Series 3. Was a medical student interning at a hospital, until one day, the hospital was transported to the moon. This is where she initially met The Doctor. Develops strong feelings for him, but becomes frustrated when he does not reciprocate them. Mostly this is due to his grief over losing Rose. The Doctor searches for her every night. If he finds her, she may redirect one night action of her choice back to the person who targeted her.

Donna Noble: The Doctor's main companion for Series 4. Is very head-strong and brash, and does not put up with some of The Doctor's antics. But despite coming off as harsh, the two of them develop a very strong friendship. The Doctor searches for her every night. If he finds her, she gains her “DoctorDonna” form with enhanced intellect. She may role-check a dead player every night.

Amy Pond: One of The Doctor's main companion for Series 5, 6, and Part 1 of Series 7. Is a very sassy, funny, and passionate woman. Her and The Doctor develop a very interesting dynamic over the course of their time spent together. Loves her fiance/husband Rory Williams more than anyone. The Doctor searches for her every night. If he finds her, her vote becomes worth 2.

Rory Williams: The other main companion for Series 5, 6, and Part 1 of Series 7. Is initially insecure with The Doctor, because he thinks Amy loves him more than Rory. Gets over his insecurities when he realizes she doesn't, proves himself a hero many times over, and ends up marrying Amy. Given how strong his love is for Amy, he was willing to wait and guard her for almost 2000 years for her to wake up. SECRETS

Clara Oswald: The main (and to-date current) companion of The Doctor who premiered in this role in Part 2 of Series 7. Very saucy and sparky personality-wise, but there's something odd about this girl. Hasn't The Doctor seen her somewhere before? The Doctor searches for her every night. If he finds her, SECRETS...

River Song: A time traveler as well, however, her and The Doctor's events are both out of synchronization. The first time The Doctor meets her is apparently the last time she meets him. During the Doctor's eleventh incarnation, she appears as an occasional companion. There is much more to tell about her, but shhhhhhhhhh...spoilers...Every night, she searches for The Doctor. If she finds him, she can steal his Sonic Screwdriver nightly and block one person of her choice.

Jackie Tyler: The late-30s mother of Rose Tyler. She is wary of The Doctor at first and views him as a danger to her daughter. Eventually she warms up to him however. The first time she met The Doctor, she tried to seduce him (rather unsuccessfully) in a very awkward manner. Each night, she attempts to seduce another player, insanifying them for the subsequent day and night.

Mickey Smith: Rose's on/off boyfriend in the series. A bit of a goof and a clown, he ends up losing Rose for a significant period and struggles with coping with the dangers involved with her newfound friend. He grows and matures however and ends up proving himself later on. If he is targeted by a night action, a coin is flipped. SECRETS

Captain Jack Harkness: A time traveler and former con man from the 51st century. Unlike The Doctor, Jack is more a man of action, and prefers a direct, albeit sometimes blunt, solution to problems. Eventually becomes the leader of Torchwood, a British organization dedicated to protection the Earth from alien invasion. Given his immortality, he is extremely difficult to kill. Sometimes. SECRETS

The Face of Boe: A being that resembles a gigantic human-like head. According to legend, he is as old as the universe itself. Perhaps even older. Regardless, he has lived a very long life and has seen much of the universe, growing very knowledgeable and wise from it. His knowledge and wisdom allows him to know who represents the greater good and who seeks out more nefarious ends. Each night, he may check one statement to determine if it is true or false.

Sarah Jane Smith: A companion with the Third and Fourth incarnations of The Doctor. Often considered to be one of the favorite, if not all-time favorite, companions from fans. She makes a cameo appearance an an episode during the Tenth Doctor's tenure along with K-9. Given her responsibilities to defend Earth from extraterrestrial invasion and her skills as an investigative journalist, if she is targeted by a hostile alien life form, there is a 50% chance that nothing will happen.

K-9: A 51st century dog originally acquired by the Fourth Doctor. He makes a cameo appearance during the Tenth Doctor's tenure. He contains a powerful laser in his nose, and has extensive encyclopedic knowledge as well as a very advance computer intelligence. He can use his knowledge to reveal 3 truths which will be included in the night post. However, due to him being in need of some mechanical repairs, some of his inner circuits will cause some of the 3 "truths" to be false statements.

The Ood: A race of telepathic aliens. While they initially appear as an enslaved race that can become hostile, they're actually very peaceful. Assuming you come in peace. SECRETS

Wilfred Mott: Donna's maternal grandfather. He has an interest in alien conspiracies, which makes him a bit eccentric. This is coupled with his astronomy hobby, which has made him spend countless nights staring into the sky with his telescope. A vanilla civ.

Madame Vastra: A member of the Silurian race from prehistoric Earth. After being pacified by The Doctor, she overcame her hatred for humans and became a consulting detective for Scotland Yard. SECRETS

Jenny Flint: The wife of Madame Vastra. You are an expert at hand-to-hand combat, martial arts, and swordfighting. SECRETS

Strax: A member of the Sontaran warrior race. You were demoted to a nurse, forced to heal the injured as punishment for being defeated by The Doctor. You often assist Madame Vastra and Jenny Flint, but they prevent you from acting on your more violent outbursts and ideas. For now though, you are allowed to act out on some of those urges because you are the civ ninja.

Daleks (4): Must eliminate Civvies, Cybermen, and The Master to win. Have BTSC.

Emperor Dalek: The leader of the Dalek race. Your goal is to cleanse the universe of any "unfit races". In other words, kill everyone who is not a Dalek. Your team selects which member will carry out the kill on odd nights. SECRETS

Dalek Sec: The leader of the Cult of Skaro. You are responsible for leading experiments on how to evolve the Dalek race. SECRETS

Dalek #1: An ordinary Dalek SECRETS

Dalek #2: An ordinary Dalek SECRETS

Cybermen (4): Must eliminate Civvies, Daleks, and The Master to win. Have BTSC.

The Cyber Controller: A ruler over lesser Cybermen. Can direct them to carry out the objectives of the Cybermen (to "upgrade" the lesser beings into Cybermen, thereby rendering them absent of emotion). SECRETS

Cyberman Head: Oh no! You lost your body somewhere and you can't remember where. Every night you try to search for it. SECRETS

Cyberman #1: An ordinary Cyberman SECRETS

Cyberman #2: An ordinary Cyberman SECRETS

Indy (1): Must be Last Man Standing to win.

The Master: A renegade Time Lord and archenemy of The Doctor. As a child, he was forced to look into the Untempered Schism as all Time Lords did. However, he went insane as a result of this. The only thing he seeks is the death of The Doctor and the enslavement of the universe with himself as the ultimate ruler and ultimate Time Lord. He will stop at nothing to achieve these goals. SECRETS
Last edited by birdwithteeth11 on Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Sign-ups are now open! I ideally need 30 players to start the game. I can cut a few roles if it comes to that, but I'm hoping to avoid that. So would prefer 30, but could make do with 1-2 less than that I think.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 19

Post by S~V~S »

First
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 8

Post by thellama73 »

Pip pip cheerio and all that rot, squires and gov'ners! I will be moderating this game, so kindly come to me with all your complaints, concerns, and general grousing.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 20

Post by Bullzeye »

Unfortunately I start my Masters course in three weeks and have therefore forbidden myself from joining any more mafia games. Once I get back to uni I'll just be too busy and won't have time for mafia any more. I would have wanted to play this one as well, shame it had to occur during the several months where I can't/shouldn't be around.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 65
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Okay, so with PhD starting I told myself and others I was on an official mafia hiatus because of my insane workload, but... Doctor Who? And bea and BWT hosting? And the full game 48/24 format will be more favorable than the 24/24 for my schedule, so... my hiatus lasted a whopping week or less. :P

I just can't pass this up. OK, I'm in! But I will very likely be quieter than usual, especially given my reputation in full games.

Linki with Bullz: Pffft, I understand that position completely and somehow I'm doing the opposite. Come on, you know you want to. :feb:
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

You guys could just all promise to lynch Bullz on day one, so it won't take up much of his time.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

thellama73 wrote:You guys could just all promise to lynch Bullz on day one, so it won't take up much of his time.
Lol, that sounds fair.
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 3
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

I am politely declining but ONLY because I'm currently hosting, playing, and gearing up to host a full game as soon as one of the present ones finish.

Have fun! I read over the roles, and y'all are in for a treat.

linki - Since when has Logan been anything other than a bastion of fairness. :haha:
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

thellama73 wrote:You guys could just all promise to lynch Bullz on day one, so it won't take up much of his time.
Only if he has a role that doesn't matter.

Oh wait....
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 5
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

Bummer! I really wanted to play this!

I cannot sign bc I am hosting a large game only in Day 2. I am in a speed game that just started Day 1. I am signed up for Reys game on RM and waiting for Lauras Teen Wolf to start on KSITE.

All these game will mafia people to death or everyone will become low posters LOL! :D
;)
Made
Hitman
Posts in topic: 14
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Made »

I'm not hosting anything, so put me in as a maybe/sub for the time being.
Pov: you reading my takes
Marmot
Marmot
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I don't really know anything about Dr. Who, but I'll play.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Dana
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 9
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Dana »

This seems like an entertaining game!
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Metalmarsh89 wrote:I don't really know anything about Dr. Who, but I'll play.
You don't have to in order to enjoy the game. Some who are fans of the show might appreciate the theme more, but you can go in cold and be fine. So have at it!
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

The show is pretty awesome. Just saying. :srsnod:
DFaraday
Money Launderer

Post by DFaraday »

Fantastic! Brilliant! Let's reverse the polarity of the neutron flow and get started! Geronimo! And if you're not playing, I'm sorry. I'm so sorry.

...would you like a Jelly Baby?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Shall I?
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Bullzeye wrote:Unfortunately I start my Masters course in three weeks
OK..lynch him day one
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Surely you'd have better luck lynching someone who is playing? :P
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Bullzeye wrote:Surely you'd have better luck lynching someone who is playing? :P
I don;t care, you are The Master! Some trickey no doubt
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

^trickery
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Snow Dog wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:Surely you'd have better luck lynching someone who is playing? :P
I don;t care, you are The Master! Some trickey no doubt
Not yet I'm not! This time next year I almost will be though. That's why I can't play this game!
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Snow Dog is back! Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:yay: :omg: :yay:

Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

In other news, I think Capaldi is shaping up to be an awesome Doctor. His first two episodes haven't been amazing IMO but I'm really enjoying his attitude and humour.

"Clara's my carer, she does all the caring so I don't have to".
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

One of us, one of us, one of us, Bullz, One of us
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

thellama73 wrote:Snow Dog is back! Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lol....thanks, Logan. I am happy I made you happy!

(Didn't say I was playing yet, tempted though, after all it's Who)
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

OK, then "one of us" to you too XD
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

No Davros??? WTH???
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Bullzeye wrote:In other news, I think Capaldi is shaping up to be an awesome Doctor. His first two episodes haven't been amazing IMO but I'm really enjoying his attitude and humour.

Capaldi reminds me of 6 more than anyone else so far. I didn't see the new Dalek episode from this past weekend yet (no spoilers pls), but that's who I thought of most in his first episode. Seems like he might become the type of doctor who just shouts down everyone who disagrees with him. Which I would find very amusing.
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:In other news, I think Capaldi is shaping up to be an awesome Doctor. His first two episodes haven't been amazing IMO but I'm really enjoying his attitude and humour.

Capaldi reminds me of 6 more than anyone else so far. I didn't see the new Dalek episode from this past weekend yet (no spoilers pls), but that's who I thought of most in his first episode. Seems like he might become the type of doctor who just shouts down everyone who disagrees with him. Which I would find very amusing.
Second ep was really good. I enjoyed it anyway.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
DFaraday
Money Launderer

Post by DFaraday »

birdwithteeth11 wrote: Capaldi reminds me of 6 more than anyone else so far.
At least he hasn't tried to kill Clara. :p
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I second both of these sentiments:
thellama73 wrote:Snow Dog is back! Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
S~V~S wrote:One of us, one of us, one of us, Bullz, One of us
:noble:
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

MovingPictures07 wrote:The show is pretty awesome. Just saying. :srsnod:
I don't like TV or movies much. Just sayin'. :srsnod:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
I suspect you just haven't seen the right movies.

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Strangely, even though it was a TV forum that got me involved with Mafia (LOSTPedia) other than LOST, 6 feet under, Game of thrones & Breaking bad, I barely watch TV. I can go days without turning it on. My TV has not been on since the True Blood finale last week (bad train wreck, couldn't look away, lol).
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

S~V~S wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Strangely, even though it was a TV forum that got me involved with Mafia (LOSTPedia) other than LOST, 6 feet under, Game of thrones & Breaking bad, I barely watch TV. I can go days without turning it on. My TV has not been on since the True Blood finale last week (bad train wreck, couldn't look away, lol).
I'm the same way, so I understand MM's sentiment. The only time my TV ever comes on, it's almost always Netflix or Hulu, but even then, it's not super often. LOST and Breaking Bad were the main two reasons to ever watch TV in the first place; Doctor Who would be the only reason now. I'm not totally against TV though, since I also like Futurama, The Simpsons, Arrested Development, Mythbusters, etc.

I watch even less movies, but I still have found movies I really have enjoyed (Shawshank Redemption, Fight Club, The Dark Knight, etc.).
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Oddly enough, as movies have gotten worse, TV has gotten better. So while there were a ton of great movies in the 70s and no great TV shows, there are now no good movies, but quite a few outstanding shows.

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

thellama73 wrote:Oddly enough, as movies have gotten worse, TV has gotten better. So while there were a ton of great movies in the 70s and no great TV shows, there are now no good movies, but quite a few outstanding shows.
This seems a fair assessment; I think you may be right here, at least from what little I do know.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
I'm the same way, so I understand MM's sentiment. The only time my TV ever comes on, it's almost always Netflix or Hulu, but even then, it's not super often. LOST and Breaking Bad were the main two reasons to ever watch TV in the first place; Doctor Who would be the only reason now. I'm not totally against TV though, since I also like Futurama, The Simpsons, Arrested Development, Mythbusters, etc.

I watch even less movies, but I still have found movies I really have enjoyed (Shawshank Redemption, Fight Club, The Dark Knight, etc.).
We also don't have a TV in our house, so even if I wanted to watch it, I really couldn't.

But I live in Oregon, what else do you expect. :p

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

I love TV and films....so there you go.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Oh just sign up you curmudgeony individual stop teasing us, or i shall have to fishslap you :fishslap:

Oops too late, i already did.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

S~V~S wrote:Oh just sign up you curmudgeony individual stop teasing us, or i shall have to fishslap you :fishslap:

Oops too late, i already did.
^This. Except next, we're upgrading to harder objects. Maybe a car tire perhaps? :feb:
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

A car tire? As opposed to a bicycle tire?

birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Good point. Okay, bicycle tire first, then a car tire if that doesn't work.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

How about we just cut to the chase and get a tire iron?
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

If the game does not start before next Monday then I will play. I just had to drop out of a game because my next week is horrendous.
ImageImage
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Black Rock wrote:If the game does not start before next Monday then I will play. I just had to drop out of a game because my next week is horrendous.
I think that is very likely. With another full game in progress, a speed game that just started, and a few games over on RM starting, signups for Doctor Who will probably take some time. So no pressure!
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 30
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

The show you didn't want to watch while you were out here? That one? Just saying. :p
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!

Return to “Previous Job Sign-Ups”