Obviously, this contains implied spoilers of the "Chicken Police" game

PUBLICLY AVAILABLE INFORMATION:

There will be 16 players/roles.
There will be the following alignments:

Chicken Police
Not Suspicious
Suspicious
Other

Day phases are 48 hours long, night phases are 24 hours long.
During night phases, the thread will be open up to 2 hours prior to SoD (where it will be locked).
Roles will have up to 1 hour prior to SoD to submit night actions.

Every role has an associated character name to it. The standard "citizen"-like role will appear as this:
Character Name

Alignment: Not Suspicious

You have no special abilities.
You may not discuss character names. This may very well (Or WILL) break the setup!

However, you can claim to be a certain kind of role or to have certain abilities (Ex: Vanilla town).

Win conditions:
Chicken Police/Not Suspicious: Eliminate all threats to the Chicken Police/Not Suspicious factions.
Suspicious: Obtain control of 50% or more of the living votes, or having nothing preventing that.
Other: See role-card.

Day eliminations/executions are referred to as "Arrests". Arrests are done via poll, and are based on plurality.
Every time you make a vote on the poll, you must mention that in a post (Using [VOTE: ] aubergine is preferred).
Skipping will be a possible option, but will require having more votes than any votes on any single player. (Ex: Player B has 3 votes on them, Player A has 2 vote on them. Skipping therefore requires 4 votes to skip.)
Votes will never be locked.

The Suspicious faction have a factional kill each night. They will vote via PM, and in the event of a tie the player with the longest Syndicate username will win that tie.
The Suspicious faction also have a 24/7 BTSC chat channel on discord or any other format as approved by host.

Rules:

You can expect fairly standard or typical rules, of which include things such as:
-No cheating or unauthorized BTSC of any kind.
-Typical forum rules apply (I.e. the guiding principle of "Don't be an asshat"). If you have a problem with a player specifically, then please contact the Game Facilitator.
-No invisible text.
-No editing or deletion of posts. If you need to edit, just quote your own post in a new post and do the edit that way.
-DO NOT show any evidence (i.e. image or screenshot) any PM from me. Paraphrasing or "using your own words" is allowed.

The host reserves this color, please avoid using colors similar to this.

It is expected that you make at least 10 posts per day phase. There is, however, NO expectation for you to post during a night phase.

There will be at least a 48-hour gap from the start time/date of the game and when role-cards are sent out. During that time, you are to reply to the role-card PM to confirm you are aware that the game is starting. Doing this task takes very little time, and unless your local power line got zapped by Zeus I don't expect any excuses for not confirming your role-card. Therefore, you will be replaced if you don't confirm/respond.

Keep in mind this is the publicly available information; there may or may not be additional rules, specifications, or mechanics that are given to certain roles or alignments only.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"
Spoiler: show
MartinGG99 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:40 am The only notable "solving" I've done publicly has managed to kill someone who had the same power role and alignment as me.

If that doesn't make a mockery of my confidence in my solving then I don't know what will.
Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:54 pm Competition is only impressive when it is kind.
MartinGG99
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 3
Preferred Pronouns: He/him
They/them

Re: Chicken Mafia [Semi-Open Job]

Post by MartinGG99 »

Fairly (95%) sure what's in the OP here is finalized as far as public information goes.

I'm currently looking for someone to help look over the hidden information/aspects to help make sure its balanced with me.

As a side note, I do know that this contains spoilers for a game that released about 1-2 weeks ago. However, I am making and/or submitting the setup soon so that when the setup DOES get played, it'll be a few months after or into 2021.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"
MartinGG99 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:40 am The only notable "solving" I've done publicly has managed to kill someone who had the same power role and alignment as me.

If that doesn't make a mockery of my confidence in my solving then I don't know what will.
Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:54 pm Competition is only impressive when it is kind.
MartinGG99
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 3
Preferred Pronouns: He/him
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

Reviewed what I had worked on so far, and I figured that this setup probably doesn't work well.

The theme might be neat but with the mechanics and rules in place I have in the current version would make the game awkward (and possibly less enjoyable) at times for certain roles that would attempt to reflect actual or possible story elements in the "Chicken Police" game that this is based upon.

So I'm discontinuing this.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 1
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

RIP the chickens
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Mafia Game Submission Archive”