(open setup) Making Friends and Enemies

Moderator: Community Team

chardonnay
The Mark
Posts in topic: 2

(open setup) Making Friends and Enemies

Post by chardonnay »

This is a open set-up that has been run on Mafia scum at least 9 times, and I've always wanted to try running it myself elsewhere. :)

Roles:

3 mafia goons
8 vanilla townies
2 masons

Mechanics:

-Both the Mafia, and the masons, each have a private chat to talk in throughout the game.

-Mafia have a factional kill they may preform each night

-The masons have a shared single masonizer shot that they may use to attempt to recruit another player into the mason chat. If they use the shot on a townie then that townie joins the mason chat. If they use the shot on a mafiaso then the shot fails, and nothing happens.

-A townie recruited into the Mason chat will flip as "Recruited Mason" rather then "vanilla townie."

Sample role PMS ripped from mafiaScum wiki
Spoiler: show
Mafia Goon
Welcome, [Player Name]. You are a Mafia Goon, along with your partners, [Player Name] and [Player Name].
Abilities:

Factional communication: During the night phase you may talk with your partners here [QuickTopic link].
Factional kill: Each night phase, one of you or your partners may perform the factional kill.
Win condition:

You win when all members of the town have been eliminated or nothing can prevent this from occurring.

Town Mason
Welcome, [Player Name], you are a Town Mason, along with your partner, [Player Name].
Abilities:

Factional communication: During the night phase you may talk with your partners here [QuickTopic link].
During one night during the game, the mason team may attempt to recruit another member. If you attempt to recruit town, they will be added to the masonry as "Recruited Mason". If you attempt to recruit mafia, the attempt will fail.
You are confirmed town to your partner, and them to you.
Win condition:

You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.
Recruited Mason
Welcome, [Player Name], you are a Recruited Mason.
Abilities:

You are confirmed town to your partners, and them to you.
Win condition:

Vanilla Townie
Welcome, [Player Name], you are a Vanilla Townie.
Abilities:

Your weapon is your vote, you have no night actions.
Win condition:

I recognize that 48/24 is site standard. I personally would like to run a 72/24 if that were permissible. If not then thats ok. NOt sure what post cap should be ether lol. Maybe 100 per player during the day, 50 at night?

I dont really have a theme in mind. I was thinking about taking a sketch request from each player on the roster. Then posting their sketch with their respective flip. The survivor's sketches I'd post together in the finale.
hi-lo
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 1
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Re: (open setup) Making Friends and Enemies

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Excellent, always glad to add a racket to the queue. :beer:
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
chardonnay
The Mark
Posts in topic: 2

Post by chardonnay »

Thanks! :D
hi-lo
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 1
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Sounds fun!
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image

Return to “Mafia Game Submission Archive”