BWT I guess.
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 26

Re: [DAY 1] Fight Club Mafia - Delaware City, DE

Post by Black Rock »

Boomslang wrote:
Black Rock wrote:
Boomslang wrote:Yeah; I'm a bit concerned with the whole "fight for us" mentality, though. Everyone except Tyler is on the civ team, no? So we probably shouldn't be fostering divisions. Of course, that's probably what this particular Mafia game is all about... We don't really have much of a choice, though, as we have to vote for someone.

I'm not sure i understand what you mean. Fostering divisions?
I mean divisions between us and the presumable other threads. Focusing on these fights, which are likely going to be between civs, might be a distraction from the main goal of the game, which is finding and killing Tyler. But as we have no info right now, I'm more just speculating than anything.

Oh ok, I understand. I hadn't thought of it as a division so I didn't get it.
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 37
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

[POLLS] Fight Club Mafia - Delaware City, DE

Post by Tangrowth »

DAY 1

Who should fight?

Poll ended at Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:16:19 pm

AceofSpaces
No votes

birdwithteeth11
S~V~S (2), Elohcin (3), AceofSpaces (4), Black Rock (5), Nevinera (6), birdwithteeth11 (7), insertnamehere (8), DisgruntledPorcupine (9),
Boomslang (10) 90%

Black Rock
No votes

Boomslang
No votes

DisgruntledPorcupine
No votes

Elohcin
No votes

insertnamehere
No votes

Nevinera
No votes

S~V~S
No votes

Everyone!!! (host, deadies)
MovingPictures07 (1) 10%
Total votes : 10
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Re: [DAY 1] Fight Club Mafia - Delaware City, DE

Post by Tangrowth »

Day 1: birdwithteeth11 v. AceofSpaces

The winner of this fight is to be determined.

It is now Night 1. You have 24 hours to decide what you will do.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 33

Re: [NIGHT 1] Fight Club Mafia - Delaware City, DE

Post by S~V~S »

Huh. Thats interesting. I wonder if we had the option to vote two, but no one noticed? Did Aces self vote and not post? Or did he miss the vote? Did anyone else miss it? If he did not vote, maybe he got put in there for not voting?

I am leaning towards Wilmington. It's bigger than New Castle, and i hate New Jersey.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

OK, found the poll thread (OMG MP, this must be tons of work) and Aces took no votes, and no one missed the vote.
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Elohcin »

Hmm. You know...when I first entered the thread and saw MP's post, I was thinking we had to choose two people to fight. Then, after reading what everyone wrote and seeing only 9 players on the pole, I totally dismissed that thought.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 10

Post by DisgruntledPorcupine »

I choose to stay here. It's nice here.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 22

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

I'm all for moving to a new location. Especially one that's a bit bigger, and possibly more populous. So I might consider going with Wilmington, like SVS suggested.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Actually, now that I think about it, I think that's not the case. I bet that depending on which location we pick, that that's the location/thread we are in during Day/Night 2. Us getting to move around and interact with the other players that way strikes me as far more logical.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

S~V~S wrote:OK, found the poll thread (OMG MP, this must be tons of work) and Aces took no votes, and no one missed the vote.
I guess he had to pick someone at random, given everyone ended up voting for me. So I guess the top 2 vote-getters end up getting picked to fight each other. Interesting...
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

Well at least we have more information. Makes sense, we are obviously split up to locations and need to "fight" in the same city.
ImageImage
AceofSpaces
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 11

Post by AceofSpaces »

Well this works out just fine for me actually. I said I wanted to fight, and I do. So good luck to BTW. May the best man win.

A couple of thoughts I've had regarding the game so far:

I think the sock picked me to fight BTW because he's lazy and just went by alphabetical order. If my name were Zaces, I'd be fine. Like S~V~S pointed out, I didn't miss the vote, and I posted during day 1. So this is the only option that makes sense to me. MovingPictures is a terrible "a"cist.

I'm interested in the night poll. Especially if it means shifting threads. Do we all move together, or do we split up? I can think of pro's and cons for both courses of action, and would like to hear everyone's thoughts.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

AceofSpaces wrote:Well this works out just fine for me actually. I said I wanted to fight, and I do. So good luck to BTW. May the best man win.

I think the sock picked me to fight BTW because he's lazy and just went by alphabetical order. If my name were Zaces, I'd be fine. Like S~V~S pointed out, I didn't miss the vote, and I posted during day 1. So this is the only option that makes sense to me. MovingPictures is a terrible "a"cist.

I'm interested in the night poll. Especially if it means shifting threads. Do we all move together, or do we split up? I can think of pro's and cons for both courses of action, and would like to hear everyone's thoughts.
Thanks, same to you! But I'm definitely the better man here. ;)

I don't think he'd pick you because he's being lazy. I think he was more likely to pick someone else at random. But that's just me. Also, it's CIS-scum, not "a"cist. Whatever that is.

I think there are pros and cons for moving and staying around too. I'm leaning more towards moving elsewhere though. I think not as many people are going to be moving around tonight as they will in the future. So that makes it more likely that we're going to encounter more new people.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

AceofSpaces wrote:Well this works out just fine for me actually. I said I wanted to fight, and I do. So good luck to BTW. May the best man win.

I am considering moving, BUT worry that they will throw me under the bus, as the noob. Personally, i don't think i would do that if someone came here, though. So maybe paranoia?

I had not considered all making the same decision, that would be interesting. DP already voted to stay, though. But ALL of the rest of us picking up and going to a different city might be interesting. I would be willing to do that if everyone else wanted to do that, even if it meant Jersey.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

I think we will move separately to wherever we choose.
AceofSpaces
Corrupt Union Official

Post by AceofSpaces »

An "a"cist is like a racist, but with the letter "A".

I really want to move. Seeing what the other players have been saying will be very helpful. The only choice for me is do we all move together or do we split up. If we stay together, we have more time to get a read on each other. One day and two pages of "yeah lets just let BWT fight." isn't really enough to figure who is good and who isn't. On the other hand, it is entirely possible that none of us are bad. It's actually statistically probable. So splitting up to see new people would be helpful in that regard, possible to reconvene the next night. That would require a *lot* of coordination and cooperation on all our parts though.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

I would actually be more in favor of the majority of us moving around. I'd rather get a better idea of some of the other players we haven't encountered yet. Although that leads to deciding whether we all agree to pick to come back here (assuming that is an option for Night 2) to share any information we learn.

I dunno. The more I think about it, I almost wonder if it WOULD be better for the majority of us to remain here. And instead, let others come to us. Or maybe I'm reading too much into it, and people are going to end up picking their personal preference anyway.
AceofSpaces
Corrupt Union Official

Post by AceofSpaces »

If I'm being perfectly honest, I have no read on any of you. Day one's are hard enough, but when we have someone who volunteers for a lynch and everyone else just lets that happen... well there is nothing really o dissect post wise. The only thing that comes to mind is that BWT possibly has a special role. It would explain why he was so confident and willing to fight. Other than that, I'm just assuming you are all civilians or cops at this point.

For that reason, I'd advise us working together. I know Boomslang was a bit hesitant to turn this into an "us vs. them". And I get the reasoning why. But chances are really high that all of us are good guys. We should use that to our advantage.Thinking about our options, I have come up with a plan that allows us to gather the most information. I'm going to lay it out, and ask that you all give me feedback as soon as possible, so we can work it out before night ends. Here it is:

After me and BWT fight, there will be eight of us left. There are four threads. This means we can split into four teams of two, and cover all the threads. That way we can all gather a lot more information, and get a better read on the other plays as well as our partner. Then we come back here after the next day and share what we learned. It also comes with the benefit of having someone to watch your back so you aren't thrown under the bus, as S~V~S pointed out might happen.

ADDED:
If we stay here, then we won't know what the other threads are saying. We'd be missing 75% of the game. That's a bad idea in my opinion.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

I'm confident and willing to fight because I think I stand a good chance of kicking your butt. So there.

Yeah, not really a whole lot for us to dissect after just one day of "yeah, let's pick BWT because he volunteered". Unfortunately, I think me declaring to do that so early stifled almost all discussion later on.

Yeah, if we all split up in groups of 2, then we can cover each of the other threads. My only issue is what if some of the location options change for Night 2? Then we might not be able to all meet up at the same place later on. And how do you know for sure that one of us is going to die if we lose? I wasn't told anything about the loser being out of the game necessarily.

Alright, I'm fine with moving to another location. I think I'd prefer Wilmington, simply because it's a larger city and, maybe by that logic, there are more people there.
AceofSpaces
Corrupt Union Official

Post by AceofSpaces »

People usually die in these games ;)

I don't think the locations will change. Otherwise there are empty threads right now, and that seems wasteful. If you're going to Wilmington, I should go to.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Ture. But that doesn't necessarily mean that everyone who fights and loses dies. At least, we don't know if that's the case yet.

I hope the locations don't change. I might just be super-paranoid about it, and I could see Sockhost doing that just to mess with us. Of course, if he does that enough, he might become Sockhost-on-Fire so probably not.

Good idea. That way if one of us does die, than the other one has one spot covered for that location. You still interested in joining us, SVS?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Sure, I will go to Wilmington,
AceofSpaces
Corrupt Union Official

Post by AceofSpaces »

Everyone else, if you agree to this course of action, should pick their partners as soon as possible. I'm just worried people won't check in, or won't vote in time. Then we'll just be scattered to the winds.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

I'm not too worried. We still have another 19 hours for everyone to come in and vote. That's plenty of time, so you don't need to be concerned.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

:huh: Well, I was kind of thinking that I would go to the big city, then come back here if that is an option the next night. So having a "Stay at Home" is a good idea.

While I agree with Nevin & Booms thought that we should not think of ourselves as a team, per se, or a BTS group, it is good to have a baseline group, and I will always be a Delaware City girl at heart <3

Hopefully we all make a decision in time, although if someone misses the vote, I guess they will just stay here? If we all DO move around every night, that will be a ton of work for the host changing/checking all of those permissions. So perhaps this will not be an every night thing?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Not sure where that :huh: came from...
AceofSpaces
Corrupt Union Official

Post by AceofSpaces »

S~V~S wrote::huh: Well, I was kind of thinking that I would go to the big city, then come back here if that is an option the next night. So having a "Stay at Home" is a good idea.

While I agree with Nevin & Booms thought that we should not think of ourselves as a team, per se, or a BTS group, it is good to have a baseline group, and I will always be a Delaware City girl at heart <3

Hopefully we all make a decision in time, although if someone misses the vote, I guess they will just stay here? If we all DO move around every night, that will be a ton of work for the host changing/checking all of those permissions. So perhaps this will not be an every night thing?
:coffee3: Baseline group is the perfect way to put it. I'm very bad at the early game, I need time to read through what everyone has to say. It usually takes me two or three in game days to pin down my suspicions. In a game with 37 good guys and 1 bad guy at the start, it's even harder. Hopefully if we all break into groups and meet back up, it will be the perfect balance between gathering as much new information as possible, and having enough time with players to get a solid read.
AceofSpaces
Corrupt Union Official

Post by AceofSpaces »

In the interest of full cooperation, has anyone else noticed MP's signature? Does he always have that coded message in the bottom there? I am terrible at those things. If that he did add that for this game, would someone mind decoding it and sharing with the rest of us what it says. Pretty please
Boomslang
Drug Dealer

Post by Boomslang »

I don't even think we need to come back to this thread after one night. If everyone rotates through all the threads, everyone will be operating with more information (and it ensures that a baddie can't do biased reporting on the happenings in another thread without someone to double check). If this system stays like it does for multiple nights, I plan to go New Castle - Penns Grove - Wilmington - Here.
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

I think this is a good plan, I'll go to the second location and see what is there. I'm willing to pick here night 2 and see what the other threads have been cooking up for theories. In case the threads do change by then would you like to make another agreement, like if we can't choose this city we can go to the first one in alphabetical order or something. Just in case the host tries to shake us up?
ImageImage
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Nevinera »

I don't like to make plans with so little information - if I change my mind later about what the right course of action is, I'll have no way to explain to you why I did so.
I certainly don't want to be committed in my future actions when I know so little.

I will plan to come back next chance I get though, for now.
I'm going to Wilmington for now, for no reason at all.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

I went with NJ. No reason really. I didn't want to stay here only b/c I am feeling adventurous. We'll see what happens :)
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Having slept on it (and had more time to think about it today), I almost think it might be better if we wait an extra day/night cycle or two before we come back here. Mostly because as others mentioned, it might be good to jump around most or all of the other threads to get a good idea of everything that's going on. And sometimes, staying in one spot is also a good thing to brief new people who happen to show up.

But for the most part, I think moving around a lot is what is going to be most beneficial for the civilian faction.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Nevinera wrote:I don't like to make plans with so little information - if I change my mind later about what the right course of action is, I'll have no way to explain to you why I did so.
I certainly don't want to be committed in my future actions when I know so little.

I will plan to come back next chance I get though, for now.
I'm going to Wilmington for now, for no reason at all.
That's fine, and to each his own. Like I said though, I'm thinking the best plan of action for all of us is to move around and try to interact with as many of the other players as possible. But if you don't want to commit to a plan in case we get new information or something changes, I don't blame you for being more cautious.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Re: [POLLS] Fight Club Mafia - Delaware City, DE

Post by Tangrowth »

NIGHT 1

What will you do?

Poll ended at Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:19:23 pm

Check out the fight club in Wilmington, DE
birdwithteeth11 (3), S~V~S (4), AceofSpaces (5), Nevinera (8) 44%

Check out the fight club in New Castle, DE
Boomslang (6), Black Rock (7) 22%

Check out the fight club in Penns Grove, NJ
Elohcin (9) 11%

Stay here!
DisgruntledPorcupine (2) 11%

Nothing! (host, deadies)
MovingPictures07 (1) 11%
Total votes : 9
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Night 1: The Mayhem Begins

The fight concluded. A winner has been declared.

Meanwhile...

The back door opens and Tyler brings the store's clerk out at gunpoint, forces him to his knees. Narrator follows, freaked. Tyler points the gun at the Clerk.

NARRATOR: "On a long enough time line, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero."

CLERK: "Please... don't..."

TYLER: "Give me your wallet."

The Clerk fumbles his wallet out of his pocket and Tyler snatches it. Tyler pulls out his driver's license.

TYLER: "Raymond K. Hessel. 1320 SE Benning, apartment A. A small, cramped basement apartment."

RAYMOND: "How'd you know?"

TYLER: "They give basement apartments letters instead of numbers. Raymond, you're going to die."

Tyler rummages through the wallet.

TYLER: "Is this a picture of Mom and Dad?"

RAYMOND: "Yesssss..." Raymond shutters out of fear.

TYLER: "Your mom and dad will have to call kindly doctor so-and-so to dig up your dental records, because there won't be much left of your face."

RAYMOND: "Please, God, no..."

Raymond begins to weep, shoulders heaving.

NARRATOR: "Tyler..."

TYLER: "An expired community college student ID card. What did you used to study, Raymond K. Hessel?"

RAYMOND: "S-S-Stuff."

TYLER: "'Stuff.' Were the mid-terms hard?"

Tyler rams the gun barrel against Raymond's temple.

TYLER: "I asked you what you studied."

NARRATOR: "Tell him!"

RAYMOND: "Biology, mostly."

TYLER: "Why?"

RAYMOND: "I... I don't know..."

TYLER: "What did you want to be, Raymond K. Hessel?"

Raymond weeps and says nothing. Tyler cocks the gun. Raymond gasps.

TYLER: "The question, Raymond, was 'what did you want to be?'"

NARRATOR: "Answer him!"

RAYMOND: "A veterinarian!"

TYLER: "Animals."

RAYMOND: "Yeah ... animals and s-s-s ---"

TYLER: "Stuff. That means you have to get more schooling."

RAYMOND: "Too much school."

Tyler shoves Raymond's wallet back into Raymond's pocket.

TYLER: "Would you rather be dead?"

RAYMOND: "No, please, no, God, no!"

Tyler moves the gun right between Raymond's eyes.

RAYMOND: "NOOOOO!"

Tyler uncocks the gun, lowers it.

TYLER: "I'm keeping your license. I know where you live. I'm going to check on you. If you aren't back in school and on your way to being a veterinarian in six weeks, you will be dead. Get the hell out of here."

Raymond staggers to his feet, heads down an alleyway. Narrator and Tyler watch Raymond flee, then Tyler looks at Narrator.

NARRATOR: "I feel sick."

TYLER: "Imagine how he feels."

Tyler brings the gun to his own head, pulls the trigger -- CLICK. Empty.

NARRATOR: "I don't care, that was horrible."

Tyler walks away.

TYLER: "Tomorrow will be the most beautiful day of Raymond K. Hessell's life."

Narrator watches Tyler go.

TYLER: "His breakfast will taste better than any meal he has ever eaten.

Narrator turns to look the direction Raymond ran. He finally turns back, following after Tyler.

birdwithteeth11 has won the fight. AceofSpaces has been seriously injured and must sit out all of Day 2 and Night 2 recovering.

Players have exited and entered the fight club.

Project Mayhem has begun.

It is now Day 2. You have 48 hours to decide who will fight.
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 18

Re: [DAY 2] Fight Club Mafia - Delaware City, DE

Post by insertnamehere »

What the fuck did I do?
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Spoiler: show

Image Image Image
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

FINAL THREE YAY!
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer

:omg:
unfurl
The Mark
Posts in topic: 6

Post by unfurl »

Hello
unfurl
The Mark

Post by unfurl »

Looks like this is gonna be a very quiet thread, with only few people

I come visiting from Penns Grove, NJ

well, Im going to vote later on my afternoon, as tomorrow I may not be able to get online

Any volunteers on who wants to fight? :P
unfurl
The Mark

Post by unfurl »

I just skimmed the thread,
you guys seems to had a lot theories, in Penns Grove, NJ, we also had similar ones,
but you guys were more talkative, over there it was a little more quiet

It looks like Im taling to myself as no one has posted :|
Well, I will be around in case anyone shows up and talks
unfurl
The Mark

Post by unfurl »

This place is sure dead :|

votting now, to better prevent missing the vote tomorrow
I randomized and got DP to fight
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer

D:
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

I have nothing to go on for either of you.

We aren't even sure if there are any baddies in this city.

I'm going to vote for DP, because I'd like to encourage him to be more active. I know that's a BS reason, but I have absolutely nothing to go one.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Hey everyone, I will be busy tonight, so the post and new time will be pushed back at least a few hours, sorry for the delay!
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer

Dammit.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Re: [POLLS] Fight Club Mafia - Delaware City, DE

Post by Tangrowth »

DAY 2

Who should fight?

Poll ended at Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:40:06 pm

DisgruntledPorcupine
unfurl (3), insertnamehere (4) 50%

insertnamehere
No votes

unfurl
No votes

Everyone!! (host, injured)
MovingPictures07 (1), AceofSpaces (2) 50%
Total votes : 4
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Day 2: DisgruntledPorcupine v. unfurl

The winner of this fight is to be determined.

It is now Night 2. You have 24 hours to decide what you will do.

Return to “Previous Jobs”