Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 37
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

[NIGHT 4] Fight Club Mafia - Delaware City, DE

Post by Tangrowth »

Fight Club Mafia
Narrator – The unnamed narrator initially pursues the ideals of Fight Club with Tyler Durden until becoming disillusioned. Has anonymous BTSC with Tyler Durden for a specified period of time. Narrator cannot be recruited to Project Mayhem. Wins when Tyler Durden is dead. (Secrets)

Marla Singer – The woman who drives the divide between Tyler Durden and Narrator. Marla cannot be recruited to Project Mayhem. Wins with Narrator. (Secrets)

Policemen – Actively attempt to stop Project Mayhem to keep order in the city. Once Project Mayhem begins, they collectively search one player of their choice every night for suspicious activity. If they find a member of Project Mayhem, they kill them. All Policemen have BTSC with each other. All unrecruited Policemen win when Tyler Durden is dead.

Private Investigator – Hired when at least one player has died during a fight. He knows the identity of all Policemen, but they do not know his. Assists the Policemen by investigating one player of his choice every night. He compiles all the information he can on his target, including whether they have been engaged in suspicious activity, and sends the relevant information to the Policemen in the form of a report.

Civilians – No role power. Win if they survive until end of the game, unless recruited to Project Mayhem.

Subliminal Message Decoder – The first player to uncover and address the content of the host's signature will be given this role. The role's alignment is dependent upon the alignment of the player who earned it; as such, the role is kept in addition to the player's previously assigned role. The Subliminal Message Decoder watches Fight Club religiously; every night, he spots a message hidden in the film, and if he successfully decodes it, he gains inside knowledge about the game and its players.

Tyler Durden – Tyler Durden is relentless in pursuing the ideals of Fight Club and the destruction of society’s status quo. Has anonymous BTSC with Narrator for a specified period of time. Wins when Project Mayhem is complete and when all unrecruited Policemen are dead. (Secrets)
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Re: Fight Club Mafia - Delaware City, DE

Post by Tangrowth »

RULES

1. No BTSC (Behind the Scenes Contact/Conversation) with anyone other than your specified BTSC partners.
2. No editing or deleting of posts.
3. No role outing of yourself or anyone else. Role hints are acceptable but are generally discouraged and should not be taken lightly.
4. No double-targeting (targeting the same individual with a power twice in a row).
5. No asshattery (purposeful disrespectful behavior) towards another individual(s)!
6. Dead players should not post on-topic and should be in dead red. There is a "dead" button when posting for this function.
7. Off-topic posts should be in off-topic green. There is an "OT" button when posting for this function.
8. Posts from non-players should be in non-player blue. There is a "np" button when posting for this function.
9. This is your host's color. All host posts will be in this color. Don't use it!

And most of all, have fun!
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

PLAYERS
AceofSpaces
DisgruntledPorcupine -- Killed in a fight - Night 2
Hedgeowl
insertnamehere
Nevinera

Alive: 4
Dead: 1
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Re: [DAY 1] Fight Club Mafia - Delaware City, DE

Post by Tangrowth »

Prologue to Project Mayhem

The players stand around in a circle, looking at each other. A recent memory fades in and out of their minds:

An enormous crowd of guys stands around Tyler, who's in the center of the circle, holding up his hands to quiet them.

TYLER: "I look around... I look around and see a lot of new faces."

The crowd lets out an enthusiastic rumble.

TYLER: "Shut up!! Which means a lot of you have been breaking the first two rules of fight club."

A glum silence falls. The guys look at each other.

TYLER: "I see in fight club the strongest and smartest men who have ever lived -- an entire generation pumping gas and waiting tables; or they're slaves with white collars. Advertisements have them chasing cars and clothes, working jobs they hate so they can buy shit they don't need. We are the middle children of history, with no purpose or place. We have no great war, or great depression. The great war is a spiritual war. The great depression is our lives. We were raised by television to believe that we'd be millionaires and movie gods and rock stars -- but we won't. And we're learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed-off."

The crowd erupts into a deafening chorus of agreement. Narrator looks at the blazing excitement in the eyes of the crowd.

TYLER: "We are the quiet young men who listen until it's time to decide."

It is now Day 1. You have 48 hours to decide who will fight.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

You may now post.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 22

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

You can't make me post! You can't make me fight!! YOU CAN'T MAKE ME DO ANYTHING!!! WARRBLLGRRRBBLLLLLGRRRRBBLLLLLL
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 18

Post by insertnamehere »

oh my god, brad pitt was edward norton's father!
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Spoiler: show

Image Image Image
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Also, is the place where we talk about Fight Club?
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

insertnamehere wrote:Also, is the place where we talk about Fight Club?
I think so. So what part of Fight Club do you like the most? The fights or the club?
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Only 9 players? This is my kind of game!
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:
I think so. So what part of Fight Club do you like the most? The fights or the club?
I'm just here for the drinks.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

insertnamehere wrote:oh my god, brad pitt was edward norton's father!
Shhhhhhhhhhhh it's supposed to be a secret dummy. :|
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

insertnamehere wrote:
birdwithteeth11 wrote:
I hope you like the taste of human blood and crushed teeth then!

And anarchy. :feb:
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

insertnamehere wrote:Only 9 players? This is my kind of game!
Wtf ur an alcohol.
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:
birdwithteeth11 wrote:
I hope you like the taste of human blood and crushed teeth then!

And anarchy. :feb:
Mix in some vodka, and I'll be happy.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Boomslang »

Hmmm... so the signup thread had 38 confirmed. I'm assuming that our delightful Sockface has divided us into multiple threads, which is quite odd. I imagine that, among us nine, one will be sent to "fight" the lynchees of the other threads. Just some food for thought.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

I'd been thinking of theories that could explain why we only have that many people. And that makes perfect sense.

So by looking at the number of 38 signups, that means we have 4 threads. 2 threads of 9 people, and 2 of 10.

It also explains why last night, Sockface told me he was really hoping one more person would sign up when we had 35 at the time. That's something to chew on too.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 33

Post by S~V~S »

He originally said he wanted 40, if i recall correctly, so yeah, this makes total sense. Four threads of ten was the original set up. If this is how the whole game goes, it will be interesting. I am sure there will be a merge at some time, and that idea about fighting people from other threads makes a ton of sense too.

I would imagine that the police are scattered between threads, so they know everything.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 10

Post by DisgruntledPorcupine »

:o
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Also, assuming we are voting to make someone fight (and we have no clue what that entails) do we want to send someone who might win whatever it is, or do we want to send a low poster the first time, to see what it entails? Or other?

As I understand it, Tyler Durden is the only baddie at this time, right? He somehow, through an unknown mechanism, recruits to project mayhem; he may have already started, or maybe not.

So I guess my question is, for Day One, do we try to actually lynch a baddie, or do we have another strategy?
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 26

Post by Black Rock »

Wow, I feel like I'm playing a Rabbit game. Ok, so we have four different threads presumably that's why the lynch poll was so small. I thought I clicked on the wrong game till I saw my name there. Do we have any theories on if someone is sent to the fight what it may be? Has there been other examples of this on the site? I'm new so I'm not familiar with the other games played here.

I'm familiar with most of the names here so that's nice. Hi to the players I don't know. I guess I can say hi to the players I do as well.

To SVS question, I don't know if we will even have a baddie here to lynch. I'm going to read all the roles and rules now. Try to figure things out.
ImageImage
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Yeah, I don't think this is your standard lynch poll. My guess is that in each thread, we're selecting a person to send into a big free-for-all with the other 3 people who are chosen from the other thread. And then, I would assume, the winners get prizes and/or good things, and the losers get punishments/bad things/death.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Also, if we have a hard time with deciding who to send, I would be more than willing to volunteer. I have no idea for sure what happens, but I'm feeling particularly risky this game.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

BR, this is new to me. The closest thing i can think of is Recruitment, actually, where most of us start out in a pool with only a few roles. Although this also does have that element of LOST:Revolution, with hidden threads.

If someone wants to volunteer, as BWT is saying, if it is a challenge from strength that may work for us. My guess is a lot of low posters are going to be the chosen fighters Day One. So sending an active player is a risk, but it is also more likely to pay off if it is a potential reward challenge. On the one hand, I would rather not risk someone until we know how the challenge works, but I also think that is how most people will think, so the Day One competition will be weak~ so :shrug: I talked myself into a corner.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

I think that's the thing. I'm more than open to talking and discussing it, but I don't think we're going to get a lot of information on how this works unless we ask the host nicely (just kidding, he won't tell us a damn thing :P). I'm just curious to see what this entails, so I am more than willing to volunteer myself to take the first plunge and see what happens.
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

S~V~S wrote:BR, this is new to me. The closest thing i can think of is Recruitment, actually, where most of us start out in a pool with only a few roles. Although this also does have that element of LOST:Revolution, with hidden threads.

If someone wants to volunteer, as BWT is saying, if it is a challenge from strength that may work for us. My guess is a lot of low posters are going to be the chosen fighters Day One. So sending an active player is a risk, but it is also more likely to pay off if it is a potential reward challenge. On the one hand, I would rather not risk someone until we know how the challenge works, but I also think that is how most people will think, so the Day One competition will be weak~ so :shrug: I talked myself into a corner.

Hmmm... I see, so I'm just used to being on the host side of things for this. I now see why the players are confused and PMing me at the beginning. :p I am not so willing to volunteer... I'm afraid of the unknown.
ImageImage
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

I wouldn't be afraid of it. It's not like Sockface is going to use this as an excuse to kill off 4 of us at the beginning, right? :P

Right? :)

Right? :|

Right??? :eek:
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

A+ for smiley/font size usage
Boomslang
Drug Dealer

Post by Boomslang »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:I think that's the thing. I'm more than open to talking and discussing it, but I don't think we're going to get a lot of information on how this works unless we ask the host nicely (just kidding, he won't tell us a damn thing :P). I'm just curious to see what this entails, so I am more than willing to volunteer myself to take the first plunge and see what happens.
Hmm... well, I think we might safely assume that those with roles other than civilians would have more of a chance to win a fight. So BWT, I'm going to wager this early that you're not a straight civ. As to if you're good or bad, jury's out; sheer probability suggests you're not Tyler, but who knows? :feb:
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

If I wasn't a straight civ, I would probably prefer to sit back and try to let someone else get "volunteered" to fight. I have no powers, no special abilities, and only have to survive to the end of the game to win. So because I wouldn't be a major loss if I died, I'm more than willing to be the "experiment child" so to speak, and throw my hat into the ring.

Best thing that happens for me is I live and you all glean some information about what happens. Worst thing that happens is that I die, you glean some information about what happens, and all you're down is one civilian.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

If he wants to do it, I think we should let him. If strength/involvement is important, we have a better chance of individual survival if we put strong people in there.

If it does not work to the advantage of Delaware City, next day we can make a different choice.
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Nevinera »

I think logically it must be at least risky to go fight right now. The four threads logic makes sense, but I can't say I see how this game is going to work at all. I mean, it doesn't seem likely that those four would just compare numbers, and it seems probable that fighting is dangerous..

Anyway, I'm largely going to be playing from a phone, so d9nt expect the walls of text you might be used to from me.

Linki, agree see. Concerned 5huQ non cuts might have additional advantages in fight though.
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

I can see this is going to be painful.
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

Ebwop: linki svs, concerned that non - civs might have advantage in fight though.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Isn't there only one non-civ though so far? I thought the police were civ aligned at least. Unless Durden is already recruiting, which is possible.

We really have no idea what is happening, and everything is speculation. Maybe the winner is recruited to Project Mayhem, I have thought of that as well. If so, and I am assuming we have a cop in here, the winner can be searched.

There are a lot of "ifs".
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Also you have my sympathy, chatty people playing from phone is HARD.

Also I had forgotten, if there even IS a winner~ choosing someone to go fight implies there will be (and with 4 threads, perhaps 2 matches and 2 winners), but again, it is speculation until we actually choose someone and what ever happens happens, AND if the host even tells us what happens in the case the person we choose does not return.
AceofSpaces
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 11

Post by AceofSpaces »

Y'all figured out so much without me. I agree with the four thread theory, I also think this setup gives the police an early advantage, as they all have BTSC and can share information with each other.

I was going to volunteer to go fight, but then I scrolled down and saw BWT beat me to it. I'm fine with sending in BWT to fight for us. If it's a four person free for all, then he has a 25% chance not to die....assuming his is a civilian fighting other civilians. If that is even how this is going to work.
Boomslang
Drug Dealer

Post by Boomslang »

Yeah; I'm a bit concerned with the whole "fight for us" mentality, though. Everyone except Tyler is on the civ team, no? So we probably shouldn't be fostering divisions. Of course, that's probably what this particular Mafia game is all about... We don't really have much of a choice, though, as we have to vote for someone.
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

Boomslang wrote:Yeah; I'm a bit concerned with the whole "fight for us" mentality, though. Everyone except Tyler is on the civ team, no? So we probably shouldn't be fostering divisions. Of course, that's probably what this particular Mafia game is all about... We don't really have much of a choice, though, as we have to vote for someone.

I'm not sure i understand what you mean. Fostering divisions?
ImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Hey everyone! I just got back from vacation and have caught up.

I agree with the four threads and I agree with this statement from BWT. I'm thinking of the four people who are put forth to fight, it will be tournament style.

I am fine with voting BWT since he has volunteered.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Epignosis »

Hey yo.

Keep the hands above the belt. No low blows gonna be felt. If you need to speak with a man in your corner, you throw the T and speak to me, know what I mean? Keep it clean. Let me hear it so you don't have to fear it. You ain't gotta pay a cent to vent. To hell with Lucy and her nickle. Talk to me if you hurt; I ain't fickle. If you need me don't be scared- all I wanna do is see that your experience is repaired. So if some fool be messin' with ya brain stem, then holla at me by way of PM.

Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 10

Post by DisgruntledPorcupine »

It's our first night at fight club though. Don't we all have to fight?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

We are not in Fight Club though, plus it is the day. I think that is what the poll is for, we are sending people to fight club to fight during the night. Who knows, I am sure we will find out

I am going to vote for BWT, I have to go to work, and won't be home until the poll is over. He volunteered, and until we know better the mechanics of how the polls work, it's all speculation.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

I'm voting BWT since he volunteered.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

I also voted BWT. Give them hell and win that thing.
ImageImage
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

I've got no better ides, voting for bwt also.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

I'm going to go ahead and self-vote. Normally, we have a Day 0 where we at least get surface info. But since we don't have that this game, I think the only way we can learn anything is to just jump in and go for it. And I'm willing to be the guinea pig here, so I say we go for it. And hopefully we learn something that we can use as a launching point for further discussions.
Boomslang
Drug Dealer

Post by Boomslang »

Black Rock wrote:
Boomslang wrote:Yeah; I'm a bit concerned with the whole "fight for us" mentality, though. Everyone except Tyler is on the civ team, no? So we probably shouldn't be fostering divisions. Of course, that's probably what this particular Mafia game is all about... We don't really have much of a choice, though, as we have to vote for someone.

I'm not sure i understand what you mean. Fostering divisions?
I mean divisions between us and the presumable other threads. Focusing on these fights, which are likely going to be between civs, might be a distraction from the main goal of the game, which is finding and killing Tyler. But as we have no info right now, I'm more just speculating than anything.
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Going with BWT.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image

Return to “Previous Jobs”