33%

Total votes: 6
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 93

Re: Inception [Subconscious Phase 2]

Post by Epignosis »

Benson
Benson wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:09 pm I'm on bosrd with dragon that 112 initial character talk was Wolfy.
That spelling is suspect.
Benson wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:09 pm I'm giving Drago a villa read for the character tin foil.
I think this is fine. Quick, explicit, to the point, reason stated.
Benson wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:00 pm
Dragomir wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:59 pm
Benson wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:56 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:54 pm Dragomir is getting a lot of townreads. I'd be stunned if this isn't TMI from somewhere.
Stunned? Does that make *this* TMI then?
:ponder: :ponder:
Mafucka ninja'd me. Shit lol. Mindmeld buddies. I got the same idea. He sounds way too sure that there is TMI involved, so he must know that I'm town.
Ya, let's lynch him
Spoiler: show
112 and MR will know what this "siren" option means to me, and how I'm definitely gonna abuse it.
I'm not sure I get this. But I like it.
Benson wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:28 pm
iaafr wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:27 pm
Long Con wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:26 pm
iaafr wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:25 pm
Long Con wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:22 pm
iaafr wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:19 pm long cons town I think
what why?
I liked your post saying I pinged you. seemed natural. I think if scum wanted to push me you would've given at least one reason.

also scum tend to see my overall game as Towny and tend to tmi me town more than vaguely sus me

before that, I also mildly liked you saying we post too much. I think town say that more than scum by some amount relative to rand% or whatever.
Well, don't be so hasty, I'm putting together a post with some of the reasons.
it's too late I'm townreading you forever now get rekt
Where are you at with Drago? I remember you said he was pinging you since you put him down as villa but I can remember if you said why or not
Benson interjects into a conversation he isn't even a part of to ask about Dragomir. Hmm.
Benson wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:33 pm
iaafr wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:30 pm
Long Con wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:28 pm

what why?
I liked your post saying I pinged you. seemed natural. I think if scum wanted to push me you would've given at least one reason.

also scum tend to see my overall game as Towny and tend to tmi me town more than vaguely sus me

before that, I also mildly liked you saying we post too much. I think town say that more than scum by some amount relative to rand% or whatever.
Should I finish doing that post, or are you going to concede and save me the trouble?
i mean im town so if you have any other scumreads your time is better spent there

also @benson i dont remember what pinged me about drago

something something activity patterns something something his aggression is a bit too pointed and gave me some scum vibes at times...? felt like he was pushing where i sussed...? idk man

for how not into this game i am i really should be posting less
I thought it was weird when right after Eva made her case against Mac, Drago popped in just to tell us he *had* a case against Mac but didn't have time to write it all out. It was like he wanted to get on the wagon early for whatever reason.
Hmm. Indeed. Alone, these posts could mean anything. Together, they look authentic.
Benson wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:25 am
Long Con wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:56 pm
iaafr wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:54 pm maybe we should just lynch dragomir because i hate this post
MacDougall wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:54 pm Dragomir is getting a lot of townreads. I'd be stunned if this isn't TMI from somewhere.
Mafucka ninja'd me. Shit lol. Mindmeld buddies. I got the same idea. He sounds way too sure that there is TMI involved, so he must know that I'm town.
It does feel like the slick pander of a con artist. "Shit lol. Mindmeld buddies."
Yeesh, possibly. Especially when my comment wasn't anything extraordinary.
Noted.
Benson wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:09 pm Town + town read

Benson

iaafr
Evenstar

Town lean

Creature
Hyena
juliets
MacDougall

Null +

Epignosis
Master Radishes
nutella
Pawn Lelouch
Jackofhearts2005
sprityo
vanity.

Null

DFaraday
Dom
Dragomir
Long Con
Michelle
novaselinenever
Spiny Creature
Quin
Rej

Null - / slight wolf suspicion

Elephant
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
Texas Cloverleaf

wolfy

TonyStarkPrime
Trustworthy Liberal

A lot of these are shit reads and determined on the spot.
I have no grievance with this with regard to Dragomir.
Benson wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:07 am Drago has seemingly disappeared while several people are calling for his head. Never a good look.

I need him to post so I can re-evaluate that read. I'm still kinda holding on to his start that I liked.
I don't care for the needless adverb, but spot on otherwise.
Benson wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:26 am
112 wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:21 am
Benson wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:07 am Drago has seemingly disappeared while several people are calling for his head. Never a good look.

I need him to post so I can re-evaluate that read. I'm still kinda holding on to his start that I liked.
it feels like you really had to force this post tbh
Maybe. I had Drago on my mind (I'm trying to resolve that read) and I just started writing.
Ah, here is that 112 response. Again, I would love to know what is forced about Benson's post here.
Benson wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:34 am
112 wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:32 am
Benson wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:28 am 112, do you understand why I'm wolf reading you?
I understand everything. I am the most intelligent agency in the universe.
:charlieblackmon:
You're dying soon
I like this. Benson had beef with 112, kept on it, but voted out a mafia member too.
Benson wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:13 pm Is Drago the type to start slanking when he's wolf and getting called out? Because he's been gone a long time after a fairly active start.
Benson wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:56 pm I asked this before but does anyone from this forum know if Drago has the propensity to slank like this as wolf?
Benson wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:58 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:57 pm
Benson wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:56 pm I asked this before but does anyone from this forum know if Drago has the propensity to slank like this as wolf?
Idk.

Drago is always town and Rej is always a wolf and Drago always catches him.

We’re in uncharted territory here.
How do you know that scenario isn't the case and Drago just hasn't seen enough to catch him yet? :ponder:
My one caveat:

If I am squinting a little and perhaps being a bit uncharitable, this could be a Dragomir teammate who is upset about a quiet mafia chat room.
Benson wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:58 pm
Hyena wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:58 pm
iaafr wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:57 pm yea idk the dragomir wagon looks sketchier, so says my heart
Whaaaat? The dragomir wagon looks hype right now compared to the 112 wagon.
Yeah this
That's where Benson ended up.
Benson wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:00 pm If Drago flips wolf I'm treating myself to ice cream
I don't know about this. Cats only eat vegetables, right?

++++

The overall interaction for Benson looks great. There are minor complaints I have. Let those be resolved Day 2, but if I had to guess, Benson is a civilian.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Pawn Lelouch
The Mark
Posts in topic: 133

Post by Pawn Lelouch »

Well this is trippy as hell.

And annoying since I focused a lot of my initial looks at Hyena and Long Con in terms of if their votes + timings implicated them or helped them. Especially Hyena with how erratic his were.
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 40
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

iaafr wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:21 pm 112 is clear today as far as im concerned

i guess im allowed to post my townlist too because it doesnt hint at where im voting

1 scum in here max or i seppuku, this is the never lynch for at least 5 game days towncircle

Benson
Evenstar
Hyena
juliets
Long Con
MacDougall
nutella
Quin
Spiny Creature / boo
vanity.

probably town

DFaraday
Dom
Epignosis
Jackofhearts2005

was thinking of moving epignosis down
Exsqueeze me, I rallied the drago vote into happening
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Master Radishes
Hitman
Posts in topic: 85

Post by Master Radishes »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:22 pm So you don't see the potential of them being duelling scum wagons?
I do think it's possible, but I still think there are scum on the 112 wagon even in that case.

It really felt like a nudge to see if Drago could be saved - the counter-votes piled up on 112 suddenly and without anyone explaining it.
iaafr
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 271
Preferred Pronouns: any/especially "big chungus iaafr"

Post by iaafr »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:24 pm

i guess im allowed to post my townlist too because it doesnt hint at where im voting

1 scum in here max or i seppuku, this is the never lynch for at least 5 game days towncircle

Benson
Evenstar
Hyena
juliets
Long Con
MacDougall
nutella
Quin
Spiny Creature / boo
vanity.

probably town

DFaraday
Dom
Epignosis
Jackofhearts2005

so many people were already hinting at drago being their most likely vote at eod

them consolidating really wasnt due to your influence

but i believe you believe it and i have been considering putting you in top tier anyhow
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Creature
Creature wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:51 pm
Dragomir wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:46 pm
Evenstar wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:39 pm
Dragomir wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:52 am
Evenstar wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:43 am
iaafr wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:34 am iaafr

creature
dragomir
michelle
sprityo
benson

evenstar
hyena

null line

macdougall
jackofhearts
nutella
why the fuck are both Creature and Dragomir so high here
Also not getting great vibes from benson
Nutella and Jack ought to be higher, too
overall, garbage readslist, making me feel worse about Iaafr
This is bad as hell. How can you use the fact that you disagree with the read list against iaafr? Ppl have different perspectives and won't always share your own. I despise the shade that you're throwing at iaafr here.
I super question how badly this list is off. Feels like they're not playing the same game as me. That means they're probably not the same alignment as me. QED.
I see, so you're mafia and iaafr is town? Cool.
Meh, this probably makes Dragomir town
Not good.
Creature wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:51 pm
Dragomir wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:52 pm I don't really see the point in making character claiming legal when your character isn't alignment indicative.
Roleplay and shit
Not bad.
Creature wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:53 pm
Epignosis wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:09 pm There is no way on God's green earth that I am going to spend my only day off this week reading ten pages that have appeared between now and the time I went to bed last night.
Don't worry, you're going to be lynched pretty soon anyway
:grin:
Creature wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:57 am
Pawn Lelouch wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:39 am Eh, fuck it. Both Hyena and Dragomir are fairly low, so I'm willing to take out the creep first. Since while I'm pretty damn sure he's one of the people who have been roleplaying their roles like Mac, he's still gross about it.

[VOTE: Dragomir] aubergine
I get the joke, but eh.
Creature wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:51 pm basically (out of order)

Town:
Dragomir
iaafr
Creature
vanity.
Master Radishes
Texas Cloverleaf

Townlean:
MacDougall
nutella
Epignosis
Spiny Creature
sprityo
Pawn Lelouch
Evenstar

Null:
Benson
Quin
Lady Lambdadelta
Dom
Trustworthy Liberal
novaselinedear
Jackofhearts2005
Elephant

Scumlean:
Long Con
DFaraday
Hyena
Michelle

Scum:
TonyStarkPrime
Rej
juliets
That's not good.

++++

Creature voted None.

There are issues here. I see Creature as a compatible teammate. There isn't much interaction here, but what is here is questionable.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 23
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Just to clarify!

Stating an intent to vote for a specific player overtly is illegal. Given that there is potentially obvious subtext in similar commentary such as "Player X is mafia", that should also be avoided. Apply the rule of three-or-more in all such instances! I appreciate your respect for the rules. I realize it's unusual. As always, PM the hosts with any questions!

I will add this note to the original rules content. Please do not interact with this post publicly. Thanks.
:)
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Master Radishes
Hitman

Continuation: I do think there are likely scum on Drago, but the way EoD unfolded I think there was an attempt to save Drago too. I only focused on that; didn't have time to look at Drago votes for a potential busser.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Elephant
Elephant wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:39 pm
Dragomir wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:08 pm
juliets wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:05 pm
juliets wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:21 pm
Dragomir wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:04 pm
112 wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:18 pm honestly, guys, i'm just going to role-play my character the whole game and hope that through magickal energies i can help us effect a good outcome
Ok @juliets since you're confused lemme clear up my suspicion against 112. So my belief of there being fake character claims came from this post. The roleplaying character thing pings me hard for reasons being that there's a manipulative edge to it. I only see one perspective to why someone would do this is the scum perspective. Role-play your character in order to make it more believable if you got to claim it. Get ppl in the mindset that your character is this person thus clouding them from looking too much into the actual claim.

There's no town perspective to it imo. Why should town bother themselves with roleplaying their character? All I can see it is for manipulative purposes to set something up in the future. Unless your role requires the role-play, which I don't think is the case for 112 here.
Thanks Drago I'll think through this while eating lunch.
So Drago, I guess where I'm left with this is I don't see any game related point in role-playing your character whether you are town, or scum, or 3P since the character doesn't tell us anything about the person's abilities or their role. JJJ suggested role-playing your character in the OP as just something fun to do.

For example, let's say 112 is role playing the character "loneliness" and she later claims she is "loneliness". What does that tell us exactly? Not her alignment, nor her abilities since there is no correlation. So it tells us nothing, the way I see it.

But no one else seems confused by this, just me, so I don't want to belabor the point. I'll think further on it as we go forward.
I've been assuming that whatever character you have would dictate your alignment, like if your character is a good guy, they'd be town right?
Could you please roleplay your character? A paragraph should suffice.
This is checkmate.

There aren’t really any other meaningful interactions with Dragomir, but I like this one to an extent that I’m almost (almost) willing to call Elephant a civilian and move on. I have a few nitpicky things but shutting down the mafia leader’s nonsense like that and going on about his business reeks of a civilian smackdown to me. Yes, I’m aware that the vote did not end up on Dragomir, but he had more problems with 112 (as did I), so throw this guy some peanuts.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 130

Post by MacDougall »

Master Radishes wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:24 pm
MacDougall wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:22 pm So you don't see the potential of them being duelling scum wagons?
I do think it's possible, but I still think there are scum on the 112 wagon even in that case.

It really felt like a nudge to see if Drago could be saved - the counter-votes piled up on 112 suddenly and without anyone explaining it.
In the event of that being the case I'd say that there are likely to very few scum on the 112 wagon unless they were stuck there via distancing. If the scum had to choose Dragomir over 112 then they would have mostly jumped off. It's possible that the 112 wagon was initially just scum distancing thinking that there was no chance of the lynch occurring and then all dived off to Dragomir at the absolute last chance.

iaafr wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:25 pm

Benson
Evenstar
Hyena
juliets
Long Con
MacDougall
nutella
Quin
Spiny Creature / boo
vanity.

probably town

DFaraday
Dom
Epignosis
Jackofhearts2005

so many people were already hinting at drago being their most likely vote at eod

but i believe you believe it and i have been considering putting you in top tier anyhow
I mean I literally started the momentum there. I got Nutella to vote with me and it took off after that.
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Master Radishes wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:25 pm Continuation: I do think there are likely scum on Drago, but the way EoD unfolded I think there was an attempt to save Drago too. I only focused on that; didn't have time to look at Drago votes for a potential busser.
The person who made me the most squishy faced was Long Con.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Evenstar

I am not going through the sexual jokes. They do not mean anything to me.
Evenstar wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:49 pm
Dragomir wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:29 pm Why are there 9 freaking pages? I don't wanna read all that.
... you def signed up for the wrong game, between me, Mac and Nanook. (And uhhhhhh I'm sure there's someone else blabby here too. It'll come back to me.)
This is a small thing that is small point in Evenstar’s favor.
Evenstar wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:18 am Oh, and by the way, Dragomir is very likely scum for engaging with that and taking it as far as he did. He's looking for excuses to spam the thread and look active. Also, he's terrible at flirting. In both cases: get some better content, bitch boy.

If I could vote, I'd be voting them right about now.
This though bears commentary, however, since Dragomir’s antics lead to Evenstar expressing a strong opinion early that ended up being correct. I think her ultimate vote on 112 indicates that she was not concerned with making a credit grab.
Evenstar wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:37 am
Dragomir wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:34 am :pout:
Evenstar wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:32 am current scumreads:
Whatsisface morgan uhhhh Dragomir
iaafr

townies:
tony
mac
nutella

there should probably be more people here but I CBA this late

night all, flights of angels sing thee to thy rest etc etc
I suspect 112 and iaafr. How do you feel about that?
Depends. Why do you suspect them?
Good answer.
Evenstar wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:32 am
Dragomir wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:02 am I don't vote on command.
The fact that you feel the need to say this in a phase with no voting is super mega off. Double-barreled FoS here, gonna drop my vote here when daystart happens unless something major intervenes.
I like this interaction. It does not seem phony.

creature
dragomir
michelle
sprityo
benson

evenstar
hyena

null line

macdougall
jackofhearts
nutella
Evenstar challenging iaafr for this is also a good look.
Evenstar wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:28 pm
Dragomir wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:15 am
Hyena wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:11 am -snip read wall-
You seem to be having a lot of town reads. Do you have any scum ones?
bad post tbqh
:nicenod:

I’m fine stopping here and calling Evenstar unaligned with Dragomir.
iaafr
Racketeer

Post by iaafr »

my most desired pool is

{tonystarkprime, creature, novaselinenever, texas cloverleaf}

i know these arent very exciting but they are my highest likelihood scumpool

Tbf other people drove it home, but I got the ball rolling there.
Master Radishes
Hitman

MacDougall wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:26 pm

In the event of that being the case I'd say that there are likely to very few scum on the 112 wagon unless they were stuck there via distancing. If the scum had to choose Dragomir over 112 then they would have mostly jumped off. It's possible that the 112 wagon was initially just scum distancing thinking that there was no chance of the lynch occurring and then all dived off to Dragomir at the absolute last chance.
Maybe. But the only one I recall jumping over was Long Con.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:26 pm

Benson
Evenstar
Hyena
juliets
Long Con
MacDougall
nutella
Quin
Spiny Creature / boo
vanity.

probably town

DFaraday
Dom
Epignosis
Jackofhearts2005

I mean I literally started the momentum there. I got Nutella to vote with me and it took off after that.
You asked nutella to vote either Dragomir or ThomasCloverleaf.

I'm getting to you. Don't worry. :nicenod:
iaafr
Racketeer

Post by iaafr »

Benson
Evenstar
Hyena
juliets
Long Con
MacDougall
nutella
Quin
Spiny Creature / boo
vanity.

probably town

DFaraday
Dom
Epignosis
Jackofhearts2005

im telling you about half that wagon or more was gonna vote there anyway but again not important

Oh I agree that even is town btw, don’t think that’s what w/w interaction looks like very often.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Hyena
Hyena wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:27 am
Dragomir wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:23 am
Hyena wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:19 am
Dragomir wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:15 am You seem to be having a lot of town reads. Do you have any scum ones?
Let's say Mac and Sprityo are scumreads for me right now.
Cool, would it be too much to ask why?
For Mac, I didn't like that he shut down my attempt to banter with him earlier, and I also felt like he was trying to pocket nutella.
For Sprityo, I didn't like his response to Jack in the post I quoted.
Dragomir saw fit to prod Hyena early on.
Hyena wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:37 pm
Dragomir wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:34 pm
Hyena wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:31 pm Also, I think Evenstar and Mac are scum and that they are distancing from each other. :3
Hoho, I'd like to see an elaboration on this.
Because neither one of them are serious trying to solve me right now, nor are they allowing me to solve them. I feel like Mac in particular doesn't want to interact with me at all. He's SCAAAAARED~! Even though she denied it earlier, Evenstar tried to pocket me earlier.
Okay.
Hyena wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:57 pm Hi, Eva. <3
Evenstar wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:52 pm Hyena: ... I was going to back off my read here on the basis that the Epignosis thing was NAI if he's town, but it still must be said that his case on Spiny was utter bullshit. That kind of prank doesn't strike me as Town!Hyena. But his tone has been good otherwise, and he's doing the prodding thing he does when he's town.

@Hyena: Can you explain what you were doing WRT Spiny?
So, the first time I mentioned Spiny, I was comparing her way of just mentioning me in her post to Dragomir's way of asking me about it directly. I liked the way Dragomir approached me about, and plus, I figured it might get Spiny's attention if I spoke up about it. However, I think I got sidetracked with something or someone else because I forgot I had prodded her until she spoke up again while I was around.

It was at that point I just figured I'd return to that earlier point to see what she'd say. However, I didn't realize she had said that she wanted to catch up first before commenting (yes, I didn't read the entire post, lol). I still wanted to prod her, though, so I just started being troll-y. That's where the "over explanation" and "fence sitting" stuff came from. As for saying she was townreading Pawn, I wasn't completely paying attention to her posts, but it felt like a good thing to say. :3

I already posted what I thought about the interaction earlier. Just to repeat, I did find it odd how eager she was to make me understand what was going on with her and what she was doing. I don't even know if she was scumreading me or not. If she was, I don't know why she didn't just tell me to shut up, lol.
Here Hyena expressed a positive view of Dragomir, but has a specific and believable reason for that, comparing and contrasting Dragomir’s approach with that of Spiny Creature. It is also encouraging that the Dragomir / Spiny Creature difference wasn’t the only thing Hyena had to talk about. This looks good even if the result is wrong.
Hyena wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:12 pm Hey @boo can you do me a huuuuge favor?

I know you haven't read much of any of the game, but I'd appreciate it if you voted 112 to help me tie them up with Drago. If you don't feel comfortable doing that, that's fine. Just let me know.
Hyena wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:22 pm
MacDougall wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:21 pm [VOTE: epignosis] aubergine
Welp.
[VOTE: 112] aubergine

Got more voters on Epi and I'll join you.
Hyena wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:39 pm [VOTE: Epignosis] aubergine
:suspish:
Hyena wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:51 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:49 pm
iaafr wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:47 pm i mean i still want drago dead today so whatever
Then why are you making 112 more viable by closing in on Drago's wagon?
Because having a second viable wagon pressures people to vote for one or the other to make sure the one they wanted out is lynched.
At face value, this looks like an attitude held by a civilian Day 1.

++++

Overall, the positives strongly outweigh the negatives for Hyena. I can see him as a teammate trying to cause a ruckus at the end and save Dragomir, but I don’t.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Looking at the Dragomir voters I'd say that the ones most likely to be teammates are Long Con and Juliets at face value, which is obviously not very helpful.

Epignosis wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:28 pm

Benson
Evenstar
Hyena
juliets
Long Con
MacDougall
nutella
Quin
Spiny Creature / boo
vanity.

probably town

DFaraday
Dom
Epignosis
Jackofhearts2005

You asked nutella to vote either Dragomir or ThomasCloverleaf.

I'm getting to you. Don't worry. :nicenod:
Yeah, and they said maybe drago, I voted, and pushed Nutella to vote with me.

Anyways I’m off to work, marvel at my ability to solve the game in my absence.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Master Radishes wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:28 pm

Maybe. But the only one I recall jumping over was Long Con.
Long Con jumped from 112? I knew he threw the vote there late but I didn't know he came from 112. :ponder:
iaafr
Racketeer

Post by iaafr »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:29 pm Looking at the Dragomir voters I'd say that the ones most likely to be teammates are Long Con and Juliets at face value, which is obviously not very helpful.
i think pawns the most likely busser but i dont want to look at bussers that much today

gonna spam this list over and over this game day tbh

Pawn Lelouch
The Mark

Post by Pawn Lelouch »

Master Radishes wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:25 pm Continuation: I do think there are likely scum on Drago, but the way EoD unfolded I think there was an attempt to save Drago too. I only focused on that; didn't have time to look at Drago votes for a potential busser.
Honestly Hyena was the one that I wanted to give the most side eye outside of the obvious one in Nova, just considering the timing of his unvote to tie things up after iiafr did what he'd been hinting at.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

iaafr wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:30 pm
MacDougall wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:29 pm Looking at the Dragomir voters I'd say that the ones most likely to be teammates are Long Con and Juliets at face value, which is obviously not very helpful.
i think pawns the most likely busser but i dont want to look at bussers that much today

Nova is the only one of these four in here so I don't see the point of spamming it.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

iaafr
iaafr wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:42 am
Dragomir wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:57 am
iaafr wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:50 pm I am tunneling Nutella for answering the poll but not posting in the thread.

as innocent aligned

because mafia might be more self conscious about that sort of thing

"but iaafr, this phase is for friendly chit chat and theres no ly-"

NO THIS IS SERIOUS TIME I HAVE TWO STRONG READS THEY ARE NUTELLA GREEN MICHELLE RED

also I wrote this before Nutella started posting and I'm just gonna roll with this read even though the premise is literally untrue now
You openly claimed indie when suspected as such but here you address yourself as innocent-aligned. Indies obviously don't invest innocent so this lie is quite glaring. I'm starting to think you're a harmful 3rd who tried setting themselves up as town but gave it up. I have no reason to believe a harmless indie would lie like this. Or am I mistaken iaafr?
oh i just saw this post

no i mean i was tunneling nutella town

im not saying im the one innocent aligned

but the 3p claim was a lie anyway so youre like double wrong
So this is fun. :smile:

iaafr meant something entirely different from what Dragomir interpreted it as, and Dragomir based an accusation on that misunderstanding.
iaafr wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:50 am
Dragomir wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:50 am
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:30 pm Yeah Creature is town.
I hate this post.
that post pinged me too actually

torn overall on jack tbh
Okay.

creature
dragomir
michelle
sprityo
benson

evenstar
hyena

null line

macdougall
jackofhearts
nutella
I don’t understand why Dragomir is at the top of the list (and with Creature). Evenstar raised this earlier.
iaafr wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:48 am i mindmelded with dragomir that the timing and confidence of the creature townread was unnatural

creature is actually town for sure if im right on either of nutella/jack

nutella is probably where i'd go first if i could vote right now
iaafr wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:53 pm dragomir is definitely town

the nature of his read flip on me back on page 8 or whatever was super towny

I don't wanna read the last 10 pages
iaafr wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:00 pm my townread of dragomir is organic, confident, and probably correct
Obviously this isn’t a great take.

iaafr wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:05 pm Benson dragomir creature is my towncircle
I have seen instances in which a cheeky mafioso names his entire team in just this fashion. :smoky:
iaafr wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:11 pm
Evenstar wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:08 pm Phone reads list:

Town:
Creature: Spewed Town
Hyena: >90% Town
Dragomir: Asshole Town
Elephant: Verbose Town
Spiny Creature: Spiny Town

Townlean
Vanity
Radishes
Juliet
Michelle
Spirityo
Nutella

Null:
Pawn Lelouch: Pawn Lelouch
Nanook: Nanook

Scumlean:
112: Pocketing Scum
JackOfHearts: Cheese Scum
Lexi: Inactive Scum
TonyStarkPrime: Iron Scum
Benson: Fake and Scum
Rej: What are you doing srsly

Scum:
Iaafr: Incoherent Scum
Mac: Stressed Scum
If you're town

my reads are probably better than yours and better articulated even though they're pretty much not articulated at all

I still have no clue why you think I'm scum in the slightest

please push anything other than me because I hate getting pushed by stuff like this
Oof. :doh:

iaafr wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:48 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:47 pm
iaafr wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:43 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:37 pm Evenstar, Dragomir, Epignosis, Benson
I could jive with this as a scum list despite towncircling 2 of these people.

consider this post official betrayal of my own towncircle and signal of intent to vote somewhere in here possibly
Which two are in your town circle?
dragomir and Benson but they both pinged me since I put them in there so I've been having doubts

my day 1 reads end up being every possible read in the game but I'll be right at some point
Okay then.
iaafr wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:30 pm
Long Con wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:28 pm
iaafr wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:19 pm long cons town I think
what why?

Should I finish doing that post, or are you going to concede and save me the trouble?
i mean im town so if you have any other scumreads your time is better spent there

also @benson i dont remember what pinged me about drago

something something activity patterns something something his aggression is a bit too pointed and gave me some scum vibes at times...? felt like he was pushing where i sussed...? idk man

for how not into this game i am i really should be posting less
I don’t know why iaafr says he suspected Dragomir, but that’s to be understood since iaafr didn’t know either. :shrug:
iaafr wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:54 pm maybe we should just lynch dragomir because i hate this post
iaafr wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:54 pm [VOTE: dragomir] aubergine
I wish iaafr had elaborated on what there was to hate about that post. Alas.
iaafr wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:05 am @Evenstar werent you scumreading dragomir at some point

what happened to that
I like the prodding here. iaafr is struck with a sudden urge to hang Dragomir and he invited Evenstar to the party, and did so in a way that could probe the latter. Neat.
iaafr wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:13 am i read you wrong d1 of wc1 too

anyway im over the nutella read

i read hyena's iso and i dont love it and there are a few scummy points

like trying to signal that he needs to interact more with mac before he can develop a read (recently played against a scum who insisted he needed more realtime interaction)
kinda high fluff interaction ratio and his pushes are a bit strange

so something like dragomir/hyena/112 now

still feel 112 is posturey after all and not actually that towny?

i mean theyre promising big so im waiting on the delivery
iaafr wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:14 am orrr maybe longcon
Player salad! :omg:
iaafr wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:24 am
Dragomir wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:46 pm
Evenstar wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:39 pm
Dragomir wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:52 am

creature
dragomir
michelle
sprityo
benson

evenstar
hyena

null line

macdougall
jackofhearts
nutella
This is bad as hell. How can you use the fact that you disagree with the read list against iaafr? Ppl have different perspectives and won't always share your own. I despise the shade that you're throwing at iaafr here.
I super question how badly this list is off. Feels like they're not playing the same game as me. That means they're probably not the same alignment as me. QED.
I see, so you're mafia and iaafr is town? Cool.
in retrospect eva looks really towny in this exchange and dragomir looks scummy

imo
iaafr wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:26 am i will probably join a hyena wagon over other wagons if it develops

im going to stay on dragomir for now
iaafr wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:28 am also i have unaligned reads on dragomir/112 and tonystarkprime/112 so 112 is probably just town through that?
iaafr wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:39 am iaafr

epignosis
macdougall
benson
evenstar
spiny creature

jackofhearts
creature
sprityo
juliets

nutella
long con
vanity.

tonystarkprime
dragomir
hyena

vanity is low on the list because i remember like two bursts of really good activity but i need more and im suddenly paranoid a lot of its fabricated but this could just be dumb paranoia
The commentary and progression of thought present in this series of posts look good for iaafr.
iaafr wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:23 pm yes the drago iso is funny. he is another potential scum I'm hesitant to wagon but probably top choice rn
Here, iaafr went farther than Jack calling Dragomir’s posts “funny” and called Dragomir his top choice.
iaafr wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:38 pm let's just kill dragomir
Cool.
iaafr wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:38 pm [VOTE: dragomir] aubergine
Good.
iaafr wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:40 am fuckit bros let's kill drago
Nice.
iaafr wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:00 am i actually do think epignosis is scum now and i keep mindmelding with 112

112 is locktwon forever

and i trust 112 m

[VOTE: epignosis] aubergine
iaafr wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:00 am the list, it bothers me too much
iaafr wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:34 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:32 pm
iaafr wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:31 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:29 pm From the 5 posts of TL thay I’ve read he seemed townie.

I suspect this sort of thing happens to him a lot when he plays outside his home community but who am I to stop you from ignoring the obvious scum in order to kill sweet TL instead.
who's the obvious scum?
Drago and to a lesser extent Texas
yea drago feels hard to wagon

i said kill drago like 3 times yesterday and people dont follow me

but its easy to wagon michelle and TL

i normally dont use these kinds of reads but the contrast is really stark

back onto drago it is

[v]dragomir[/v]
iaafr wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:34 pm [VOTE: dragomir] aubergine
False alarm, right?

I’m bored with this. Fast-forward to the end.
iaafr wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:57 pm yea idk the dragomir wagon looks sketchier, so says my heart
iaafr wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:58 pm anime super betrayal [VOTE: No Lynch] aubergine
Wet fart noises

++++

There are a few positives up in here for iaafr. Despite the strong claim that Dragomir was a civilian, iaafr peeled himself away from that, commenting on Dragomir’s exchange with Evenstar. I’d like to think iaafr keeping the light on Dragomir was instrumental in getting him lynched. I also don’t mind that iaafr didn’t let the thread stagnate as the deadline loomed (not that it needed his help to avoid stagnation, but it’s nice to see).

However, there are certainly some things he’s going to have to answer for. The lynch poll is the primary means by which civilians win. No one had any justifiable reason to abstain from the vote but boo. That stinks. I also invite others to look at iaafr’s apparent change in attitude regarding Dragomir, going from civilian to bad and ultimately not voting him at a critical juncture (two minutes until the end of the poll).

Good luck with that today. :rolleyes:
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

[mention]iaafr[/mention] can you explain why you dropped out altogether?
iaafr
Racketeer

Post by iaafr »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:31 pm

Nova is the only one of these four in here so I don't see the point of spamming it.
oh whoops

totally unintentional

man wtf is this setup

i will pick a different list of 3+ that i can spam and i will rand my vote inside there with an actual rng so nobody can accuse me of angling a way to indicate that im voting nova
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Jesus Christ Epi you went to work lol
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

iaafr wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:32 pm
MacDougall wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:31 pm

oh whoops

totally unintentional

man wtf is this setup

i will pick a different list of 3+ that i can spam and i will rand my vote inside there with an actual rng so nobody can accuse me of angling a way to indicate that im voting nova
:haha:
iaafr
Racketeer

Post by iaafr »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:31 pm @iaafr can you explain why you dropped out altogether?
for fun

i never intended to stay on 112, i wanted to make the wagon look viable and like i would townread people for joining it

getting on scum lynches is boring and might give me too much cred to live
Master Radishes
Hitman

Epignosis wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:27 pm Evenstar

I am not going through the sexual jokes. They do not mean anything to me.
Evenstar wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:49 pm
Dragomir wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:29 pm Why are there 9 freaking pages? I don't wanna read all that.
... you def signed up for the wrong game, between me, Mac and Nanook. (And uhhhhhh I'm sure there's someone else blabby here too. It'll come back to me.)
This is a small thing that is small point in Evenstar’s favor.
Evenstar wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:18 am Oh, and by the way, Dragomir is very likely scum for engaging with that and taking it as far as he did. He's looking for excuses to spam the thread and look active. Also, he's terrible at flirting. In both cases: get some better content, bitch boy.

If I could vote, I'd be voting them right about now.
This though bears commentary, however, since Dragomir’s antics lead to Evenstar expressing a strong opinion early that ended up being correct. I think her ultimate vote on 112 indicates that she was not concerned with making a credit grab.
Evenstar wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:37 am
Dragomir wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:34 am :pout:
Evenstar wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:32 am current scumreads:
Whatsisface morgan uhhhh Dragomir
iaafr

townies:
tony
mac
nutella

there should probably be more people here but I CBA this late

night all, flights of angels sing thee to thy rest etc etc
I suspect 112 and iaafr. How do you feel about that?
Depends. Why do you suspect them?
Good answer.
Evenstar wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:32 am
The fact that you feel the need to say this in a phase with no voting is super mega off. Double-barreled FoS here, gonna drop my vote here when daystart happens unless something major intervenes.
I like this interaction. It does not seem phony.

creature
dragomir
michelle
sprityo
benson

evenstar
hyena

null line

macdougall
jackofhearts
nutella
Evenstar challenging iaafr for this is also a good look.
Evenstar wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:28 pm
Dragomir wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:15 am
Hyena wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:11 am -snip read wall-
You seem to be having a lot of town reads. Do you have any scum ones?
bad post tbqh
:nicenod:

I’m fine stopping here and calling Evenstar unaligned with Dragomir.
Lol wut? How? There's nothing there that can't be construed as your bog-standard distancing. I don't even recall if she ever voted Drago as threatened in D0 - certainly she didn't keep pushing him once D1 started up.

Are you just hoping to bury the thread or something here?
Pawn Lelouch
The Mark

Post by Pawn Lelouch »

Pawn Lelouch wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:30 pm
Honestly Hyena was the one that I wanted to give the most side eye outside of the obvious one in Nova, just considering the timing of his unvote to tie things up after iiafr did what he'd been hinting at.
So something like (Nova, TSP, Long Con, Hyena) is where I'm at now.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

iaafr wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:33 pm
MacDougall wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:31 pm @iaafr can you explain why you dropped out altogether?
for fun

i never intended to stay on 112, i wanted to make the wagon look viable and like i would townread people for joining it

That would require you to know who the scum are?
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 23
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

If it is unclear, you may only vote for players located here with you. Observe this accordingly as you follow the stated rules. Thanks!
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
iaafr
Racketeer

Post by iaafr »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:33 pm
for fun

drago was obvscum in my book
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

JackofHearts2005
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:00 am
Dragomir wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:59 am
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:58 am
Dragomir wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:57 am
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:52 am
Dragomir wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:50 am
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:30 pm Yeah Creature is town.
I hate this post.
Why? I can read Creature sometimes.
Sure but that read is too strong. It doesn't feel natural and genuine to me. You sound like you actually do know he's town.
I actually do know he’s town. Cause I can tell from his posts. :noble:
Nah.
Lol so vote me. :slick:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:02 am
The joke is you can’t vote me anyway cause it’s D0.
I can see this exchange happening with Jack of either alignment.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:18 pm
Dragomir wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:14 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:10 pm
Dragomir wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:17 am Question for all of you, do you guys believe this game would have some fake claims? I personally think yes. It's a big factor in why I suspect 112 as a matter of fact.
Yeah. We had safeclaims in Mass Effect, the last join venture Jay hosted, which also allowed flavor claiming.
And it was like this where characters were assigned randomly?
The scumteams each followed a theme but the overall role assignment was random.

Iirc, roles were themey, not randomized.

I read the setup as like “cop” doesn’t necessarily apply to a town character who is good at catching baddies. A random town character is the cop.

Not like mashes where half the scumteam is good guys and half is bad guys cause the flavor is randomized.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:49 pm
Dragomir wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:04 pm The roleplaying character thing pings me hard for reasons being that there's a manipulative edge to it. I only see one perspective to why someone would do this is the scum perspective. Role-play your character in order to make it more believable if you got to claim it. Get ppl in the mindset that your character is this person thus clouding them from looking too much into the actual claim.

There's no town perspective to it imo. Why should town bother themselves with roleplaying their character?
Maybe if they really like their character.

I spent all of UPick calling people mongrels.

This is mostly me playing devil’s advocate tho. I don’t have a firm read on 112.
Ditto this.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:58 am
Dragomir wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:49 am
Pawn Lelouch wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:39 am Eh, fuck it. Both Hyena and Dragomir are fairly low, so I'm willing to take out the creep first. Since while I'm pretty damn sure he's one of the people who have been roleplaying their roles like Mac, he's still gross about it.

Roleplaying what role? Me?
Oh god. Drago is the subconscious desire to sexually tilt at windmills. I should have known he was just role playing.
Okay.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:23 pm @Dom

You should iso Drago. He was hitting on Eva and it turned out pretty funny.

#scumhunting
I realize this is a self-aware joke, but it does give Dom direction and the direction proved to be correct.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:01 pm
Benson wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:58 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:57 pm
Idk.

Drago is always town and Rej is always a wolf and Drago always catches him.

We’re in uncharted territory here.
How do you know that scenario isn't the case and Drago just hasn't seen enough to catch him yet? :ponder:
I guess I don’t. :shrug2:

Kirby is probably the most memorable Drago town game without scum Rej. He was pretty quiet but basically won the game singlehandedly for the townies in lylo.
This doesn’t mean anything much to me.

++++

Aside from the Day 0 interaction, there isn’t really anything substantial to go on either way here. Jack voted 112, which is fine. Jack can remain a suspect, but he isn’t a strong one.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

iaafr wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:34 pm
for fun

So you thought he was obvscum, but didn't vote there, because ... getting on scum lynches is boring and you might die from it?

O..k.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

juliets
juliets wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:54 am
Dragomir wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:31 pm
juliets wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 3:17 pm And hi nova -
Do you have a crush on Nova? :ponder:
A crush? No, why would you think that?
juliets wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:55 am
Dragomir wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:39 pm
juliets wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:43 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:33 pm So far I've felt some negative juju vibrations from tsp, juliets and spiny. Can someone bombard them with aggressive accusations for me please?
I'd like to hear your specifics for what I've done that is suspicious. What juju vibrations?
Why are you so concerned with the suspicion?
You will see my explanation later on.
juliets wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:03 am
Dragomir wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:54 am
juliets wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:33 am
Michelle wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:16 am
juliets wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:01 am
Michelle wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:07 am Juliet how are you? what do you think about the earlier scum reads towards you?
I'm good Michelle -

The last game I played here was the game where you and I were bad together with some others and we both lasted until the end and won. Remember how controversial that was? So the last look the syndicators had of me I was bad and some think they are seeing my bad game in this game. There isn't a lot of difference between my bad game and my good game so I can understand that. Also, people could be reaction testing, especially those that aren't giving a reason. I try to look at suspicion when I'm town as a guard against being night killed so I'm not completely bummed.
nice take. Jack gave me some fancy reads at MU after that game ^^
Do you have some reads?
I have a town read on Jack right now for reasons I explained last night (I will link it if you are not reading back).

I'm wary of nova because town nova posts a lot at the beginning of games, throwing out reads left and right and pushing others to do the same.

Mac so far reads as town Mac to me - putting some early reads out there and engaging with others.

I will do some ISO's today later because I know there are others I have opinions about they just aren't coming to mind right now.
Your Nova read would be fine, if it wasn't for the fact that scum Nova does the same thing. You were reading the Cats and Dogs game right? You should know that Nova throws reads left and right as scum too so his lack of activity here is NAI. It bothers me how you're actually trying to use it against him when you should know better.
Drago, I did not read Cats and Dogs. I read the last of it (maybe a page) when the game ended to see who won and congratulated different people based on what I saw in the end. So, I did not see nova throw reads left and right. If he did then you're right, it's NAI.
Dragomir’s initial interactions were needlessly hostile.
juliets wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:11 pm
Dragomir wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:08 pm
juliets wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:05 pm
juliets wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:21 pm
Dragomir wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:04 pm
112 wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:18 pm honestly, guys, i'm just going to role-play my character the whole game and hope that through magickal energies i can help us effect a good outcome
Ok @juliets since you're confused lemme clear up my suspicion against 112. So my belief of there being fake character claims came from this post. The roleplaying character thing pings me hard for reasons being that there's a manipulative edge to it. I only see one perspective to why someone would do this is the scum perspective. Role-play your character in order to make it more believable if you got to claim it. Get ppl in the mindset that your character is this person thus clouding them from looking too much into the actual claim.

There's no town perspective to it imo. Why should town bother themselves with roleplaying their character? All I can see it is for manipulative purposes to set something up in the future. Unless your role requires the role-play, which I don't think is the case for 112 here.
Thanks Drago I'll think through this while eating lunch.
So Drago, I guess where I'm left with this is I don't see any game related point in role-playing your character whether you are town, or scum, or 3P since the character doesn't tell us anything about the person's abilities or their role. JJJ suggested role-playing your character in the OP as just something fun to do.

For example, let's say 112 is role playing the character "loneliness" and she later claims she is "loneliness". What does that tell us exactly? Not her alignment, nor her abilities since there is no correlation. So it tells us nothing, the way I see it.

But no one else seems confused by this, just me, so I don't want to belabor the point. I'll think further on it as we go forward.
I've been assuming that whatever character you have would dictate your alignment, like if your character is a good guy, they'd be town right?
Here's what JJJ said in the OP:

"Characters are randomized and have no connection to role abilities. You can even role play if you like."

So I read that as you can't tell from the character what the role abilities are.

This looks like a more reasonable exchange and a natural one for juliets.
juliets wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:37 pm I have hit the wall. I'll be more coherent in the morning but here are some thoughts running around in my head -

- I still lean town on Mac.
- I'm seeing a completely different Eva than the one I saw in WC1 though I only picked up starting mid day 2 in that game. I don't think one of she or Mac has to be scum in this game.
- I am leading town on Drago, I'm sure I can point out some reasons why but it will have to wait until tomorrow, though obviously I don't agree with his vote on Mac.
- Seems like one of 112 or Benson must be scum since they both say they accurately read each other and they both say the other is bad. I guess they could both be scum but I doubt it. Right now I have a clearer picture of 112 as town.
- Not understanding the votes for Epi except what hyena explained about his vote. Will look more closely at this in the morning.
- Reserving judgement on iaafr and hyena, I've been back and forth on both. Also reserving judgement on LC, he has fooled me SO many times but I know his weekends are usually taken up with family things and the food truck
- Reading sprityo as town after his last post.

I'm sure I will have other thoughts in the morning, there are just so many people to form opinions about.

Epi if you still need a favor just ping me in a post and I'll try to accommodate in the morning.

oh wow tons of linki - I'll have to read it tomorrow.
Okay.
juliets wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:54 pm I just went back and looked at Dragomir and though I saw him as town early in the game, he has as others have said completely disappeared. The last time he posted was yesterday morning. I'm also not wild about his vote sitting on Mac (same for LC but he has at least been around the last day).

@iaafr I know you have been pointing at Drago for while now, what else are you seeing about him that causes you to read him scum? Anyone else voting Drago please chime in.
juliets wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:03 pm
Benson wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:00 pm Gonna put on my Elephant trunk for a sec and say I notice Juliets' vote is still on TSP even though she said she'd move it.
I will move to Drago to get it off of Tony but I'm still researching Drago and may need to move it again.
juliets wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:06 pm
nutella wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:03 pm Like I said earlier, I usually find Drago as a pretty strong townread early on when he's town (even when I mislynched him I had been townreading him for the first few days) and I haven't gotten that feeling at all here so my gut says he's likely scum.
Thanks nutella, I missed when you said that.
juliets wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:13 pm oh I forgot

[VOTE: Dragonmir] aubergine
This progression looks clean to me.

++++

I am comfortable at this point calling juliets not a teammate of Dragomir.

Also, juliets has 112 posts. :goofp:
iaafr
Racketeer

Post by iaafr »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:35 pm
iaafr wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:34 pm
for fun

So you thought he was obvscum, but didn't vote there, because ... getting on scum lynches is boring and you might die from it?

O..k.
precisely yes
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Lady LambaDelta

Nada.

Voted nutella.

Lady LambaDelta can remain a suspect.
Evenstar
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 157

Post by Evenstar »

Damn, I'm seeing why Epi has a rep

this is good casework
Pawn Lelouch
The Mark

Post by Pawn Lelouch »

Pawn Lelouch wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:33 pm
Pawn Lelouch wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:30 pm
So something like (Nova, TSP, Long Con, Hyena) is where I'm at now.
And yes, I am aware 3 of these people aren't here. That's intentional.
Master Radishes
Hitman

Epi, Eva, Jack, Nova

^contains scum, maybe even more than one
iaafr
Racketeer

Post by iaafr »

isnt that a rulebreak if its intentional pawn
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Long Con
Long Con wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:58 am

You should change your vote in the lynch poll as well.
Given that the poll is official, LC reminded Pawn to actually vote Dragomir in the poll, so that’s nice I guess.
Long Con wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:15 pm
Pawn Lelouch wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:14 pm
Long Con wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:10 pm
Pawn Lelouch wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:06 pm
Long Con wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:00 pm
What makes you think Mac is roleplaying?

... wait, was it that one weird post way back, where Mac was strangely enthusiastic?
It was more of a series of posts from then but pretty much, yeah.
I think it could be hilarious if I started roleplaying mine. OR I could end up looking like Dragomir.

Do you think roleplaying is suspicious?
Not at all. When Dragomir is being a creep though when using what I believe roleplaying as an excuse, even as a bad joke, I don't see a reason to keep him around when he's already in my bottom 3 reads.
Fair. :srsnod:
LC prompted Pawn to expound on his suspicion of Dragomir, so that’s nice too.
Long Con wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:18 pm Long Con
Benson
Creature
Dom
sprityo
Jackofhearts2005
Epignosis
Master Radishes

DFaraday
vanity.
juliets
Elephant
Hyena
Michelle
Quin
novaselinenever

Pawn Lelouch
Spiny Creature
Texas Cloverleaf

TonyStarkPrime
Trustworthy Liberal
Rej

nutella
Evenstar
Dragomir

Lady Lambdadelta
iaafr
MacDougall
More niceness.
Long Con wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:52 pm Hey folks, less than ten minutes to go. I'm not going to be able to catch up the last bunch of pages in that time. Dragomir lynch incoming, not anything too surprising given the negative publicity he garnered with Eva.
Long Con wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:53 pm I'll help make it more interesting with a 112 vote. [VOTE: 112] aubergine
Long Con wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:59 pm I feel more comfortable on Drago than 112.
Long Con wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:59 pm [VOTE: Drago] aubergine
LC, what was your thought progression here? What made you more comfortable voting Dragomir over 112 in the end? Good luck answering me. :rolleyes:

++++

There are avenues for Long Con to be Dragomir’s teammate, but they are full of potholes and crackheads asking for five dollars. I don't want to go down that road.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Evenstar wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:35 pm Damn, I'm seeing why Epi has a rep

this is good casework
I can't remember him actually doing this before lol
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 48

Post by Dom »

...I don't know I can keep up with this game. There's been like 20 pages since I last had a chance to really sit down. I just got home. I get annoyed with posts that don't say shit but exist. Stop those.
Evenstar wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:11 am mac is townreading me for no reason
dom is scumreading me for no reason

always fun to join new communities :shrug:

I'm also super amused that the wagon on me is composed of:
- Texas, who has a bee in her bonnet because apparently I ought to be expecting her to throw her vote aroubd more
- four people who have never played with me before

also I have no clue what's up with this gimmick thing but on general principle I'm not gonna participate. Trying to read the entire game from six people is a bad plan.

i need to reread drago

not gonna tonight though

it is 11 pee em and i should sleep

Epignosis is speaking good words and people should listen to him

@Pawn Lelouch put your head together with Epi, between the two of you you can probably solve this
Emotional manipulation is not gonna work on me, sis.
MacDougall wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:26 am
Evenstar wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:11 am mac is townreading me for no reason
dom is scumreading me for no reason

always fun to join new communities :shrug:

I'm also super amused that the wagon on me is composed of:
- Texas, who has a bee in her bonnet because apparently I ought to be expecting her to throw her vote aroubd more
- four people who have never played with me before

also I have no clue what's up with this gimmick thing but on general principle I'm not gonna participate. Trying to read the entire game from six people is a bad plan.

i need to reread drago

not gonna tonight though

it is 11 pee em and i should sleep

Epignosis is speaking good words and people should listen to him

@Pawn Lelouch put your head together with Epi, between the two of you you can probably solve this
I do have a reason actually. You have a tell.
And apparently it's a bullshit appeal since Mac seems to know you anyway. Not a good look.
iaafr wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:16 am where do you guys in the thread rn stand on epignosis and why?
I lean town because I feel like I'm halfway decent at reading him.

But I'm also late to the game, and could be wrong and haven't seen enough evidence to make a hard and fast decision.
Long Con wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:54 am
MacDougall wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:15 amCome to think of it I have played in an insanely small amount of games where Epi was mafia. It's quite incredible and I never realised it before. If it's any at all it's like 1 or 2.
MacDougall wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:17 am...his scumteams rarely ever lose.
Don't like Mac sucking up to Epi at all.
Why does he need such a brown nose? I've won a shit ton of games and destroyed Mac as a baddie in the past. Why is he choosing to stroke Epi's ego here?
nutella wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:29 pm @Long Con Mac can be aware that Epi has won many scum games without having played those games. The hall of fame exists.

@Elephant to answer what you tagged me in-- Epi does often do weird things to generate reactions as town. He seems so confident in his hyena read that I thought the linguistic tic thing was real, but it's possible I'm missing something.
Don't think this is what Long Con was implying.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:04 pm Jack: What should I do?
Mac: Eva is town cause meta.
Jack: That makes sense.
MakotoCloverleaf: No that’s wrong!
Jack: Ooookay. What should I do?
Nutella: 112 is scum cause meta.
Jack: That makes sense.
MakotoBensen: No that’s wrong!
Jack: 😒
You are in control of the content of the thread. You can have your own thoughts. Why are you opposed?
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:01 pm Probably just the second one cause Jay would give safeclaims.
this seems awfully specific given the flip...
nutella wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:54 pm Jack I really feel like you've been hard buddying me and idk what to think of that.
it's yucky !
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:55 pm
nutella wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:54 pm Jack I really feel like you've been hard buddying me and idk what to think of that.
Well, you should stop saying things I’m going to say.
generate #content pls.
Epignosis wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:21 pm Ten pages. Again. :|
I wish people would just... post relevant material... and not just post thigns like "yeah!"
MacDougall wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:24 pm
nutella wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:22 pm Why are you guys voting epi what in the hot shit
If Epi wasn't Epi I think he'd have a lot more voted. He's cruising too much imo. I sense that he has been manipulating people.
Do you think I'm bad because I'm cruising too much?

I think Epi and I are in similar places with this thread and I'm frustrated.
MacDougall wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:28 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:26 pm Wait is epi the syndicate and borderline prescriptivist version of me? Cause that’s the vibe I’m getting
Dom and Epi are both similar to you.
Explain.
Epignosis wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:29 pm I do have one question about Evenstar: Why only make two charts? Why just nutella and Pawn?
It was never a genuine thread they planned on going through.
Benson wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:39 pm
MacDougall wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:37 pm
Benson wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:29 pm I think Drag v 112 v TSP are the three wagons we should focus on atm.
Epig just seems way too risky given how much praise his villager game is getting.
This is a fake opinion. Nobody cares that much about random opinions on a random player in a 30 player game.
I swear multiple people from this site said Epig is the best player on the forum and historically very hard to read. Is that wrong?
I just don't like lynching that when I'm reading him as null and we have several wolfy low posters that can be culled instead
I don't like Mac's direction here. He himself talked about how Epi is the best player and cozied up to him.
MacDougall wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:55 pm Is Drago getting lynched for sleaze? Lol.
What does this mean?
Hyena wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:57 pm I'm leaning towards voting Drago at the moment, btw.
The series of posts here that Hyena had bothered me bigly.
Like.... it just felt so disingenuous and opportunistic and fake af.

Especially given the flip.

My scumreads for now: hyena, mac, jack
My townreads for now: nutella, epi, me, long con

I will catch up.

I don't think I broke any rules here.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 48

Post by Dom »

I wanted to post that at eod yesterday but wasn't around and then the thread was locked.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Inception: Adrift in Limbo”