33%

Total votes: 12
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 205
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Re: Philosophers' Mafia [ENDGAME]

Post by Long Con »

Really, it just makes you fit right in on this site. :noble: We like you!
Timsup2nothin
Veteran of 1000 Psychic Wars
Posts in topic: 222

Post by Timsup2nothin »

tutuu wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:06 pm im too ashamed to play again on thesyndicate, im not stable enough for mafia and not smart enough too. im sorry for wasting everyones time and robbing multiple ppls chances of having fun. i feel frightened at the thought of leaving another community yet again like ive done so much times already bcuz i know self-isolation can be harmful but my sense of justice tells me this is right. i cant help but feel id just be a bother for everyone and id rather not be a bother. sorry
You were the best of us in this game and have nothing at all to be ashamed of!
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage
noted "I can't be fucking bothered" aficionado who dual wields the sword of contrarianism in one hand and a hot cheetos family bag in the other
Hally
alien shapeshifter
Posts in topic: 564
Preferred Pronouns: they/them

Post by Hally »

tutuu wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:06 pm im too ashamed to play again on thesyndicate, im not stable enough for mafia and not smart enough too. im sorry for wasting everyones time and robbing multiple ppls chances of having fun. i feel frightened at the thought of leaving another community yet again like ive done so much times already bcuz i know self-isolation can be harmful but my sense of justice tells me this is right. i cant help but feel id just be a bother for everyone and id rather not be a bother. sorry
tutuu you are genuinely one of my favorite people to play with. it’s a pleasure having you in games and i’d hate to see you go
ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image ImageImage
protocultures
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 127

Post by protocultures »

I object.

You must stay.

The end.
Amy
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 281
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by Amy »

It sounds like a platitude to say "everyone makes mistakes", but it's true. Lord knows I've done far more egregiously terrible shit in mafia games, and I'm still somehow allowed to play this danged game.

Trust me when I say that I really really enjoyed playing with you, even at the end, and would be extremely sad if I never got to do so again. You're a lot of fun to be around. Can't have the Powerpuff Girls without Bubbles.
hope you're having a good day
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 346
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

That’s far from the worst faked red check btw. You made a play, it didn’t work, nobody’s mad at you as a person AFAICT.
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 1
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

No tutuu, just no. We won't let you leave. We've all embarrassed ourselves. I embarrass myself in every game I play, I've really pulled some doozie's. We love playing with you and you're the sweetest thing. Please stick around.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 53
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:29 pm
Long Con wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:53 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:38 pm I mean

I had a good role, sure, but I also had my whole team murdered over a 25 hour span and our entire plan disappear in smoke...not to mention a fuck ton of townies who were being super townie. I don’t think it’s particularly fair to say I had it easy or that I coasted or whatever, FMPOV this was a fairly hard game that I was very close to losing at a bunch of points 🤷‍♀️
Whoa whoa whoa, flag on the play! You don't get to complain that your teammates died when you killed two of them. Also, you didn't have a good role, you had three and a half good roles.

That said, you played amazingly as always, I don't think you are ever easy to pick out as scum.

By the way, what roles did all those dead guys have? Also who was radishes trying to kill on night one?
The plan was for two of those teammates to die, not all three!

Radishes carried the kill to...I actually don’t remember and can’t find the chat (@TonyStarkPrime ?), I want to say it was to benson maybe but idk for sure. It would be hilarious if it was meant for tutu.

Radishes carried the kill cause my role was a roleblocker with N0 decisions to make it a full jailkeeper, so I figured there probably wasn’t another active blocking thing in the game, making radishes the natural choice imo in case of watchers/trackers/PGO.

IIRC KZA had a thing that let him post as much as he wanted (or maybe it was double, I don’t remember)....radishes could make a neighborhood with someone each day...and colonialbob could check a players school of philosophy each night, and once per game could choose to make an effect happen to a school of his choice. The effect he chose was to steal their votes.

So our initial plan after KZA went MIA was for me to bus KZA, radishes to have a terrible reaction (the first two parts weren’t actually explicitly planned, just myself and radishes playing off each other), then bob would shoot radishes the next day to exit the POE. Overnight bob said he’d have to replace out, so the plan changed to radishes shooting bob to exit the POE (this was our first mistake btw, I should’ve guessed there would be town KP based on the day vig ability and having a block/JK). Then radishes got vigged and bob got red checked, so that left me to shoot bob and try to carry from there.
I archived the chat, but the day 1 kill was submitted on Amy(!)

I hope to get the roles up today or tomorrow before this goes too stale, but I'm taking my time off from mafia as much as I can
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 346
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Lmaoooooo I forgot that! Yeah we thought that killing Amy was a relatively low info kill on someone we weren’t likely to be able to get miskilled.

We were extremely prescient this game.
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 53
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Town:
Jean-Jacques Rousseau:

A citizen of Geneva
Political Philosophy

You are the town tiebreaker. If there is a tied vote count at the end of the day, you will be responsible for choosing the victim of the guillotine that day. You’re responsible for the French Revolution, mister.

Decisions, decisions: You may note that right now the rules say that “ties will be decided randomly”. You can change the text to whatever you wish (that fulfills the purpose of answering the question how are ties decided), but if you choose to do so you may not mention any part of your own role and you may never claim to be able to break ties. You will be given a suitable fake claim should you choose this option. Finally, if you do so, your role card will be revealed upon your death.

(I didn't reveal his entire role card oops -- I did reveal his power and all that).

Dietrich Bonhoeffer

German
Theology

You are the town one-shot vigilante. Once in the game during a night phase, you may choose a target. They will die.

Decisions, decisions: Should you choose, your power will be changed to the following: “Each night, you may choose a target. If they are town, there is a 30% chance that they will die. If they are not, there is an 80% chance that they will die. In either case, should they die, their role will be revealed without alignment. You may use this action until a player dies.”

Bertrand Russell

British
Logic

You are the town border patrol official. Each night, you may choose a player. You will discover what country they are from.

Decisions, decisions: If you choose, I will provide you some insight into how to interpret your results. However, the mafia team will be informed that your role exists.

Lao-Tzu

Chinese
Taoism // Eastern

You are the town guide. Thrice in the game, you may choose a target. Their action that night will succeed through jail keeps, role blocks, misdirects, or anything else that could cause it to fail.

Decisions, decisions: You may choose to change your power to the following: “Twice in the game, you may choose a target. Their action that night will succeed through jail keeps, role blocks, misdirects, or anything else that could cause it to fail. Additionally, you will learn the kind of action used.”
You may also choose to change your power to the following: “Once in the game, you may choose a target. Their action that night will succeed through jail keeps, role blocks, misdirects, or anything else that could cause it to fail. Additionally, you will learn the kind of action used and whether the player and their target have the same alignment.”

Søren Kierkegaard - TOWN:

Danish
Existentialism

You are the town role cop. Each night, you may target a player. You will learn what their power is.

Decisions, decisions: Or, we can forgo that. Should you choose, your power will be changed to the following: “once in the game during a night phase, you may target a player. You will be given their entire role card.”

Marcus Aurelius - TOWN:

Roman
Stoicism

You are the town bodyguard. Each night, you may target a player. If they would die, you will die in their stead. Additionally, as you wrote in Greek, your country of origin will be revealed as Greek if it is checked.

Decisions, decisions: Your role sucks. But such is life sometimes. As a reward for having rolled bodyguard, I’m giving you three opportunities for an upgrade.
The first is to become a two-shot doctor instead.
The second is that your power will gain the additional clause “The person you protected will have their alignment revealed upon a successful save.”
The third is that your power would instead gain the additional clause “The attacker will also have a 50% chance to be killed”.
You may choose any one of these three options, or none at all.

Confucius - TOWN:

Chinese
Confucianism // Eastern

You are the town misdirector. Each night, you may target a player. If they have a targeted night action, it will be randomized.

Decisions, decisions: you may choose to become a controlled misdirector instead. Your role would change to “Each night, you may target two players. If the first has a targeted night action, the second will become the target.” However, if you choose for a mafia member to target a mafia member, your action will fail and you will not be informed

Thomas Aquinas - TOWN:

Italian
Classical // Theology

You are the town supporter. Each night, you may target a player. That player will have 30 more posts during the following day phase.

Decisions, decisions: You may choose to gain the ability to subtract posts. If you do, you must alternate between adding 30 posts and subtracting 30 posts. I edited this role on the spot when I sent it out to Amy. That was a mistake.

Jean-Paul Sartre - TOWN:

French
Existentialism

You are the town vote thief. Thrice in the game, you may target a player. You will steal their vote.

Decisions, decisions: You may choose whether your targets are informed about this action. They will not learn your identity, only that their vote has been stolen. You may not claim any knowledge of this information if you choose to inform them.

Albert Camus - TOWN:

French
Existentialism

You are the town tracker. Twice in the game, you may target a player. You will learn who they targeted.

Decisions, decisions: You may choose to have unlimited uses of this ability, but if you do then the mafia will be informed if they are tracked.

Friedrich Nietzsche - TOWN:

German
Egoism

You make your own destiny. You are the town inventor. Each night, you may choose a player. They will be granted a gift from a randomly selected list.

Decisions, decisions: You may choose to create and choose your own gifts to give. However, if you do, each gift will have a percentage fail case. You will be informed what this percentage is.

Rene Descartes - TOWN:

French
Rationalism

A true polymath, you are the town JOAT. You have three abilities and must cycle through them.
 1) Voyeur: Choose a player. You will learn with what actions they were targeted.
2) Doctor: Choose a player. They will survive any night kills used against them.
3) Tracker: Choose a player. You will learn who they target.

Decisions, decisions: You may choose to remove any one of these powers from the cycle or add another power at comparable power level.
Wolves:
YOU ARE THE MAFIA TEAM:

Anaxagoras

Ancient Greek
Classical Philosophy

You are the mafia “get a mason buddy” person. Once during the game, you may choose a player. You will have BTSC with that player during the next day phase.

Decisions, decisions: You may choose to instead be able to use this ability as frequently as you wish. If you do, after every usage, following the mason session, the person you have masoned with will have a 30% chance to be granted your alignment. If this happens, you will become aware of this and they will not be able to reveal that they have become aware of your alignment. During LYLO or MYLO all of your non-wolf btsc channels will be closed halfway through the phase.

Socrates

Ancient Greek
Classical Philosophy

You are the mafia role blocker. Thrice during a night phase, you may choose a player. You will ask them a bunch of stupid questions and their action will fail.

Decisions, decisions: You may choose to be a 3-shot jailkeeper instead. However, should you make this choice, you will be incapable of making the mafia night kill unless you are the only remaining mafia member.

Plato

Ancient Greek
Classical Philosophy

You are the mafia thought police. You may target another player. You will learn their school of thought.

Choices, choices: Additionally, once per game you may choose a school of thought. All members of that school of thought will have something happen to them. It is your choice what will happen, but you must choose this by the end of day zero. Suggestions:

All members will be roleblocked that night.
All members will have their votes count as zero during the following day phase.
All members will have their allotted posts halved.
Anything else you can think of.

Aristotle

Ancient Greek
Classical Philosophy

You are the mafia chatterbox. You may post as many times as you would like.

Choices, choices: you may note that the individual mafia members have not been assigned roles. This is because of this ability. You may choose which mafia member receives this role, and the other roles will be randomized at that time.

And finally, one choice for the mafia.

Decisions, decisions: Should you choose, your team may gain the following ability. Your team has a one shot day kill, but it must be used on a member of the mafia and it must be used by the end of day 3. Bus with style, day vig a teammate.

Your fake claims:
There are (probably) no political philosophers in this game. I’m not giving you an exact list because I don’t want you to try to carve out exceptions, but I can guarantee that Machiavelli, Hobbes, Locke, and Rawls are all not in this game at the very least.

Additionally, once game at any time, you may ask if a character is in the game (though it’s best to give me a few hours notice). I will answer truthfully, and you will be provided with additional information at that time. Use this as you wish.

[[If they chose a role in the game they'd get the role card if not they'd have a flavor godfather for checks]]

All mafia decisions, outside of individual powers, must be made by the team. It is up to you to delineate how to best decide this. You can nominate a leader, everyone fends for themself, you create a democratic system, whatever. You're the thinkers here.
I almost hard edited the wolf team to be full assignment plato/aristotle/socrates/vizzini and made machiavelli the fake claim as soon as I came up with this idea. Would have gotten around needing a godfather role for the scum team AND it would have been funny. but it was already day 3

Return to “Previous Rackets”