DFS Mafia [ENDGAME]

Moderator: Community Team

Who is Big and Sexy and Failing Tonight?

Poll ended at Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:30 pm

abyssum
No votes
ColinIsCool
6%
DharmaHelper
No votes
JaggedJimmyJay
No votes
Kylemii
No votes
Lunalee
No votes
MacDougall
No votes
Marmot
No votes
M Plus 7
No votes
Russtifinko
No votes
sprityo
59%
Tsaiah
No votes
Turnip Head
6%
Big Sexy (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
29%

Total votes: 17
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 24

Re: DFS Mafia [ENDGAME]

Post by dunya »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:55 am
Epignosis wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:55 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:46 am Y'all ready for JJJ to annoy you? :grin:

You prepped for this irritation? :grin:

Whether everyone could keep up or not, the pace of Days 0 and 1 was the biggest reason this game turned out the way it did.
I disagree, but then what do I know when I only got to read half the thread?

If 25% of your posts are spam, and you have 1,000 posts, that's 250 posts other civilians have to deal with that have nothing to do with anything.

Frankly, I am never going to be impressed just because somebody posts a lot. That's easy to fake. I can do it (and have done it) if I have the time.
Huge post counts on day 0 and day 1

First ever perfect civ win

I dunno man seems pretty indisputable
Onky because the mafia werent lurking on those days. If they were...
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 46

Post by Epignosis »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:55 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:46 am Y'all ready for JJJ to annoy you? :grin:

Whether everyone could keep up or not, the pace of Days 0 and 1 was the biggest reason this game turned out the way it did.

If 25% of your posts are spam, and you have 1,000 posts, that's 250 posts other civilians have to deal with that have nothing to do with anything.

Frankly, I am never going to be impressed just because somebody posts a lot. That's easy to fake. I can do it (and have done it) if I have the time.
Huge post counts on day 0 and day 1

First ever perfect civ win

I dunno man seems pretty indisputable
In which the mafia never submitted a kill.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 615
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

It doesn't have to be "impressive", but there is so much strategic value to it. MP blowing the thread up, even with a high spam content, drove up the posting rate of other players. In so doing, our capacity to judge everyone else improved accordingly, and we eliminated more than half of the players from the suspect pool before we even had to lynch the first person.

The civilians showed themselves brightly from the word GO, and that simply cannot happen in a quieter thread.
Spoiler: show
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 426

Post by MacDougall »

Epignosis wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:56 am
MacDougall wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:54 am
Epignosis wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:43 am Unless anybody has any questions in the next two minutes, I'm going to bed. Tomorrow is a district kick up the bum and a teacher who never even got started pretty much got fired because a clothed pole dancing instructional video she posted privately got leaked.

She claims she does that to stay fit.

I don't know. Maybe they should offer that shit in PE considering the weight issues we have.
That's not cool at all. I'll hire her as a pole dancer if she wants.
What would you rather have? A fit pole dancer with two degrees and a phlebotomy certification or a fat ass smoker who can't even get into a Gentleman's Club?
Fit pole dancer with two degrees though not sure of the upside of her being able to draw blood from me.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

sprityo who would you have killed on night 1?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Epignosis wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:57 am In which the mafia never submitted a kill.
We had all three of them in a narrow process of elimination pool before any night phase took place. It didn't matter.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
novaselinenever
Hitman
Posts in topic: 1

Post by novaselinenever »

Turnip Head wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:53 am I'm really hoping I tanked at least one lineup
I had you as second MVP :pout:
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:59 am
Epignosis wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:57 am In which the mafia never submitted a kill.
We had all three of them in a narrow process of elimination pool before any night phase took place. It didn't matter.
You mean this pool?

http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 83#p474183
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Kinda does. Kills change the pace. If the cop had been killed, TH would never have been cleared. If Jay would have been killed, analysis posts and thread momentum may have died. People change their minds pretty quickly and tinfoil exists. It takes a couple night kills and a couple of mislynches in a heist to bring the game to lylo.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

dunya wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:02 am
Kinda does. Kills change the pace. If the cop had been killed, TH would never have been cleared. If Jay would have been killed, analysis posts and thread momentum may have died. People change their minds pretty quickly and tinfoil exists. It takes a couple night kills and a couple of mislynches in a heist to bring the game to lylo.
I didn't really get the impression they believed me about Turnip Head...
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

novaselinenever wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:00 am
Turnip Head wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:53 am I'm really hoping I tanked at least one lineup
Me too. I find TH has amazing intuition even if he doesn't play the game like more serious posters anymore.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

dunya wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:02 am
I thought Mac was lying about being the cop the whole game TBH.

My analyses were nice to instill confidence, but the prevailing wisdom was still never in favor of any of the mafia members. The game may drag on longer with some kills, but the civilians had this thing.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 46

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:58 am

It doesn't have to be "impressive", but there is so much strategic value to it. MP blowing the thread up, even with a high spam content, drove up the posting rate of other players. In so doing, our capacity to judge everyone else improved accordingly, and we eliminated more than half of the players from the suspect pool before we even had to lynch the first person.

The civilians showed themselves brightly from the word GO, and that simply cannot happen in a quieter thread.
All that tells me is that the civilians had more time than I did in this particular case.

I read every post when I play, whether there are 100 or 1000 to go, because that's the only way I can get a full picture on people. I sympathize with DH, who is a good player, but he could never keep up, could he? You almost lynched him for it. I'm the host, and I couldn't keep up. When you get to a series of posts like these:
M Plus 7 wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:11 pm 676 POSTS MOTHERFUCKERS

I'm really fucking myself over for when I do actually roll scum again, but at least the rand gods keep shining on me for now.
What does that do?

There's being active, and then there's being happy that your post count is higher than everybody else's.

I don't subscribe to the latter being a good strategy long term.

What I mean is this (and Alex, I hope you don't take offense- I'm talking postgame analysis here, so please chime in, because I'd love to hear where you stand here):

If I were a player in this game, I would get lynched, simply because I did not have the time or ability to read anything other people wrote because a handful of people were dominating the thread. As the host, I got tired, I got bored, and I got disengaged. To me, there's an obligation to keep things active as a civilian player, sure...but then there's an obligation to keep things manageable for fellow civilians, no?

Posting the equivalent of, "I need to remind myself to read Epignosis" isn't accomplishing anything. Can't civilian posters be economical with their posts and still accomplish their work? If the answer is no, and the only way to win is to drown out everybody else, then how effective are they really?

Something to think about, I believe.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Tsaiah
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 135

Post by Tsaiah »

Whoops sorry to people who invested in me (i -was- cheap! xD), i didn't vote d2 bc it wasn't necessary by the time i got off work (i wasn 't thinking about the possibl e fantasy scoring thingies ahh)
Tsaiah
Stool Pigeon

Post by Tsaiah »

Mac's three post reiterarion of cop claiming cracked me the hell up xD

I'm gonna check dh tonight

something something with that cop check that i have

Cop

xDD

I actually kept thinking just the word "cop" and laughing

Was afraid to laugh about it in rthe thread lest i mess something up if it was real or nk bait hue
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Tsaiah wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:27 am Was afraid to laugh about it in rthe thread lest i mess something up if it was real or nk bait hue
Yeah I thought it was total crap meant to draw a kill, and I even tried to encourage that by talking with him about a possible godfather. :goofp:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 14

Post by Quin »

Epignosis wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:56 am
MacDougall wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:54 am
Epignosis wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:43 am Unless anybody has any questions in the next two minutes, I'm going to bed. Tomorrow is a district kick up the bum and a teacher who never even got started pretty much got fired because a clothed pole dancing instructional video she posted privately got leaked.

She claims she does that to stay fit.

I don't know. Maybe they should offer that shit in PE considering the weight issues we have.
That's not cool at all. I'll hire her as a pole dancer if she wants.
What would you rather have? A fit pole dancer with two degrees and a phlebotomy certification or a fat ass smoker who can't even get into a Gentleman's Club?
I love me a woman with some thighs.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Tsaiah
Stool Pigeon

Re: DFS Mafia [Day 3]

Post by Tsaiah »

sprityo wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:23 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:22 am
MacDougall wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:47 pm This game proves that every day 0 should be 50 pages.
Were it only. :sigh:
Speaking as both Not town aligned and a low poster.

This was hell and I hated every second of the 96 hours day one
:hug:

I empathise with this so much tho

There's another site i've played on twice with great eagerness only to roll mafia BOTH TIMES

I was a lot more than low-key worr ied i'd rand scum here and d1 would invatably go something like

Aby: i am a concern with a tsaiah

MP: me too! you think maybe she's trying to pocket us both?

Aby: yeah probably :why:

Both: ...bc she'd do exactly that (in chorus)
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

[mention]Tsaiah[/mention]
[mention]abyssum[/mention]
[mention]Infected_alien8_[/mention]
[mention]RobotNerd277[/mention]

If y'all like, you should feel free to hang out with the gang in the Discord server. :)

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 70
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:18 am Alright everyone. I hope we realize what is at stake here.

This has become an even more historic achievement than I was talking about in the wake of the Robot lynch. I was referring to a lesser sort of perfection, we'll call it a "no hitter", in which the civilians never lynch wrongly (but still lose at least someone to a night kill). That has never occurred on The Syndicate in a non-burglary.

But now we have an opportunity to do something truly incredible, something that I suspect hasn't happened before on the vast majority of Mafia-dedicated websites out there.

Civilian win in a full-length game without losing a player.

That's a true perfect game. I have wondered about this before, imagined what it'd be like and how difficult it would be. I never expected to actually be in this position though, more than likely one proper lynch away from achieving the holy grail of civilian Mafia. If we make this happen, nobody will ever be able to take it away. Ever. It will be the greatest glory I have ever been a part of in this damned game we all like to play.

So let's treat this Day 3 with the proper reverence, and more importantly the proper urgency. It's LyLo.
I hate to burst your bubble, JJJ, but it actually has happened once before. Minimalist Mafia. A heist, I believe(?). Monthlong cycles. We lynched a no-poster D1 and they turned out to be the sole baddie. I had forgotten about it until now.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:19 am LINKI

Okay. :biggrin:

@sprityo, apart from my previous post there, I really do appreciate that. This would have been a lot of work and heartache for all of us, and I respect what you've done. I hope everyone does. Believe it or not, I have conceded as a mafioso before myself. Sometimes it's just proper.
I'm actually kinda bummed [mention]sprityo[/mention] threw in the towel there! I mean I get it; I was thinking through if I had been a baddie this game and it would've been absolutely fucking terrible. That said, it would've been interesting to see if we got you today or mislynched DH first. You held out really well given the circumstances.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Russtifinko wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:05 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:18 am Alright everyone. I hope we realize what is at stake here.

This has become an even more historic achievement than I was talking about in the wake of the Robot lynch. I was referring to a lesser sort of perfection, we'll call it a "no hitter", in which the civilians never lynch wrongly (but still lose at least someone to a night kill). That has never occurred on The Syndicate in a non-burglary.

But now we have an opportunity to do something truly incredible, something that I suspect hasn't happened before on the vast majority of Mafia-dedicated websites out there.

Civilian win in a full-length game without losing a player.

That's a true perfect game. I have wondered about this before, imagined what it'd be like and how difficult it would be. I never expected to actually be in this position though, more than likely one proper lynch away from achieving the holy grail of civilian Mafia. If we make this happen, nobody will ever be able to take it away. Ever. It will be the greatest glory I have ever been a part of in this damned game we all like to play.

So let's treat this Day 3 with the proper reverence, and more importantly the proper urgency. It's LyLo.
I hate to burst your bubble, JJJ, but it actually has happened once before. Minimalist Mafia. A heist, I believe(?). Monthlong cycles. We lynched a no-poster D1 and they turned out to be the sole baddie. I had forgotten about it until now.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:19 am LINKI

Okay. :biggrin:

@sprityo, apart from my previous post there, I really do appreciate that. This would have been a lot of work and heartache for all of us, and I respect what you've done. I hope everyone does. Believe it or not, I have conceded as a mafioso before myself. Sometimes it's just proper.
I'm actually kinda bummed @sprityo threw in the towel there! I mean I get it; I was thinking through if I had been a baddie this game and it would've been absolutely fucking terrible. That said, it would've been interesting to see if we got you today or mislynched DH first. You held out really well given the circumstances.
way to rain on everyone's parade :haha:
ImageImageImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

Epignosis wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:56 am
M Plus 7 wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:54 am
Epignosis wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:42 am Players did accrue 0.02 points per post.

Too bad nobody drafted MP.
Seriously? Alright then.
I was joking about the post count.

Nobody took you or Marmot because you were too expensive and the general fear was that you would be killed early.

No killed took place period. None were ever sent in.

Russ didn't protect anyone N1, but he protected JJJ N2.

Mac checked TH but nobody N2.

More missing PMs than I expected here.
Oh shit, you're right. I tried to protect MP N1, but I guess my PM didn't go through.

Epi, not sure if it matters for scoring, but you didn't put my save of JJJ in my point totals. MVP baybeeeee!
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Minimalism didn’t have a mafia team. It was everyone vs. one. I’m not counting it. :noble:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:10 am Russ play more. Your presence calms my spirit.
Thanks, dude! I had a lot of fun and I missed all you guys

This game was a great reminder about how awesome this community is and also about what a time suck Mafia is. I’ll defini be back for the occasional future game, but probably only occasionally. And I do wanna host a LoTR mafia series!
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

And Mac, I was very conflicted on whether your cop claim was real haha. You were a blast to play with, and I was stoked I could read you properly and help get MP to back off you! #TeamMac forever
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 16
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:09 am Dragon D. Luffy made me his captain. He's not allowed to disparage my skills any more because he is on record that he thinks I am better than Jay and MP.
You were a cop and cost about 75% of what those folks did.

Though yeah I did take your skills into consideration.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

M Plus 7 wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:57 am I see what you all really think of me now. :p
Afaik you would be killed n1 with all that post count. Not worth the cost and the risk. :ponder:
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

DharmaHelper wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:22 am Still surreal that this is the first perfect game on the Syndicate. Probably the only perfect game I've ever seen yet alone been a player in. Yikes.
We had a perfect burglary a while back.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Man everybody already said all the things I just said.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Also whoever mocked Marmot thats not cool. He is a good civ and some of his posts here were good, it's just that he loves to fluff. But I don't want to play in a place that doesn't tolerate fluff.
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 161
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:58 am sprityo who would you have killed on night 1?
Jay or you
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 7

Post by speedchuck »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:36 am I'm going to crylaugh if speedchuck is the winning contestant and stays ahead of Kyle in the 2018 charts.
I picked the mafia team, tho
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 172

Post by ColinIsCool »

Well, shucks. And my ex says I’m a loser!
Lunalee
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 91

Post by Lunalee »

speedchuck wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:58 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:36 am I'm going to crylaugh if speedchuck is the winning contestant and stays ahead of Kyle in the 2018 charts.
I picked the mafia team, tho
:haha:
Did I atleast give you some points?
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Ancient Greece Mafia - civilian - loss
U-Pick Mafia - mafia - loss
Retrocausality Mafia - mafia - loss
Mega Man Mafia - mafia - win
Hogwarts Mafia - civilian - loss
Side Missions
Image Mafia - civilian - loss
Courage the Cowardly Dog Mafia - civilian - loss
Heists
Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me - civilian - loss
Friends Mafia - civilian - loss
Daily Fantasy Mafia - civilian - win
Everyone's Insane! - mafia - win
Space Force - civilian - loss
Burglaries
Murder on the Owl Express - third party - loss
Operation Refrigerator Restoration - civilian - win
One Hour Werewolf - Tanner - loss
Awful Overplayed Dadrock Mafia - civilian - loss
Dethy Game - civilian - loss
Special Games
Two-Headed Monster Mafia - civilian - win
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:43 am Well, shucks. And my ex says I’m a loser!
You were my mvp1 :cloud9:
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

dunya wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:28 am
ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:43 am Well, shucks. And my ex says I’m a loser!
Bad pick, but it panned out. :charlieblackmon:
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 130
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

novaselinenever wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:00 am
Lol sorry dude. This game was much too busy for me to keep up
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:31 am
dunya wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:28 am
I have every confidence in you in every game tbh
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

dunya wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:34 am [quote=ColinIsCool post_id=479333 time=<a href="tel:1534861899">1534861899</a> user_id=582]
[quote=dunya post_id=479332 time=<a href="tel:1534861735">1534861735</a> user_id=446]
[quote=ColinIsCool post_id=479323 time=<a href="tel:1534858989">1534858989</a> user_id=582]
Well, shucks. And my ex says I’m a loser!
[/quote]

[/quote]
I have every confidence in you in every game tbh
[/quote]

Well, shucks again. :cloud9:

Thanks Epi for hosting! All the new folk, I hope you stick around!
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Whoops. Must be the whiskey.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 1094
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

I really cannot emphasize enough how incredible this game was — from the efforts put in by the town, the fight from Alien and all of the scum really, the general atmosphere of working together, our amazing new players and just the awesome player list otherwise, etc.

I appreciate the comments about blowing up the thread and all of that. But as you all know well by now I land on Jay’s side of the argument here and have my entire career. The more data there is for the town to analyze, the more the scum have to fake, all else being equal of course, the better chance the town have to win. It’s a complicated phenomenon though and it’s why aggressive reassessment is always necessary. I feel like this is one of the best town performances I ever have been a part of, and it would not have been that way if not for the sheer volume of effort from so many members of the town.

I don’t really care if what I did with Mac was seen as careless or a mistake, or if people thought I spammed too much.

I played the game the way I enjoy playing the game as well trying to maximize my team’s win condition at any time. I made every effort I could to sort as many players as possible.

I don’t need validation and while I appreciate the advice, I think I can play this game rather well and I will always play it my way.

I admittedly won’t have the time to blow up threads like this so part of me wanted to really enjoy it for the last time, and I couldn’t contain my excitement to be playing with all of you especially [mention]Tsaiah[/mention], [mention]abyssum[/mention], [mention]Infected_alien8_[/mention], [mention]RobotNerd277[/mention], and [mention]DharmaHelper[/mention] and [mention]Russtifinko[/mention]. This game was an anomaly, but it was a very fun one.

I do apologize if the way I play the game makes it less fun for anyone else but I never forced anyone to read everything or do anything. Regardless of what any of you all think of my play this game I am just not going to play the game differently just because some people complain about my shitposts or my post count. I played well, I enjoyed myself, I stayed true to myself, and that’s all that matters.

I wouldn’t ask that of anyone else. I wouldn’t ask DH to play differently. I love that we all have our own approaches to enjoying and solving the game. It adds to the already amazing culture here of friendship by making the game even more interesting.

Despite the intensity I really hope you all at least enjoyed it a bit and I’m sorry if you didn’t. We all have games from time to time that are unfortunately more frustrating than they should be. I didn’t mean to play any part in that personally.

I very much look forward to playing with all of you again.
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 215

Post by DharmaHelper »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:08 am
DharmaHelper wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:22 am Still surreal that this is the first perfect game on the Syndicate. Probably the only perfect game I've ever seen yet alone been a player in. Yikes.
Oh whoopdy doo you guys lynched llama I do that every night on my dreamboard.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

I can think of like two games I want to play (Hogwarrts and A World Asunder or w/e)

ImageImage
ImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

DharmaHelper wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:37 am
Nah it was MP and Speedchuck.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

M Plus 7 wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:31 am I do apologize if the way I play the game makes it less fun for anyone else but I never forced anyone to read everything or do anything. Regardless of what any of you all think of my play this game I am just not going to play the game differently just because some people complain about my shitposts or my post count. I played well, I enjoyed myself, I stayed true to myself, and that’s all that matters.

I wouldn’t ask that of anyone else. I wouldn’t ask DH to play differently. I love that we all have our own approaches to enjoying and solving the game. It adds to the already amazing culture here of friendship by making the game even more interesting.

Despite the intensity I really hope you all at least enjoyed it a bit and I’m sorry if you didn’t. We all have games from time to time that are unfortunately more frustrating than they should be. I didn’t mean to play any part in that personally.

I very much look forward to playing with all of you again.

I don't hold it against you or anybody who posted a bunch. I just personally couldn't keep up and dig in on a thread that, to me, was 99% redundant. Which is fine because I found a way to enjoy the game anyway, but I agree with Epi that when you have like 3 players posting their nuts off and everybody else has to swim upstream to keep up it does more harm than good.

This game is an anomaly to that because

A) You were right this time. It is possible to be both a massive shitposting goblin and wrong about who the mafia are.

B) The Night kill situation favored the cleared townies because they didn't get dunked on.

C) 3 mafia isn't as intimidating as it sounds. if we had 4-5 mafia and we had to slog through 30 pages per 24 hour period, it would have been a much different result I think.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:52 am
DharmaHelper wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:37 am
Nah it was MP and Speedchuck.
Well then! Minimalism mafia is the second best perfect game.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I like that game specifically because I was the one who roleblocked Speedchuck N1 like a boss. :keys:
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

The perfect game burglary was colonialbob and speedchuck as mafia.

7 total players though.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Top 10 Reasons DFS Mafia is the True Perfect Game:

1) I played this game
2-7) Me
8. More players
9. More posts
10. Me again.