44%

Total votes: 18
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 69

Re: Overtime Mafia [Day 1]

Post by MacDougall »

Alison wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:19 pm
MacDougall wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:19 pm I think Alison is town and wrong about me which is fine because I'm not playing the town style she's most accustomed to here so I don't have an issue with it.
Do you still have a scumread on nook?
No he's probably my top town
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 229
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Alison »

I'm trying to decide if I should respect tutuu's godread or go with every other piece of evidence.
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
tutuu
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 237

Post by tutuu »

Ted + sig +

Uhhh

*blinks*
Alison

Post by Alison »

[VOTE: tedxtr] aubergine
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Alison wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:21 pm I'm trying to decide if I should respect tutuu's godread or go with every other piece of evidence.
Tutuu shouldn't be townreading Esooa she is just doing it because she likes her and doesn't understand that Esooa is actually not a level 1 noob. Esooa is a prodigy at this dumbass game.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

tutuu wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:22 pm Ted + sig +

Uhhh

*blinks*
I think Sig is town for the LC shade post tbh
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Alison wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:21 pm I'm trying to decide if I should respect tutuu's godread or go with every other piece of evidence.
Ok letme be honest since im town and towns need to be honest imo

Im afraid if my anti consensus townread on esooa is wrong and i end up defending the wolf and looking stupid

So selfishly i kind of want to not force things too much cuz i dont have the backbone to withstand if i end up wrong
Alison

Post by Alison »

Tell me more about why you townread Esooa.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Why would you see me make a scum read on a player you scumread and instantly assign that level of insanity to it Alison lol. That is not how to win games.
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

I believe her casually claiming wolf and messing around too is >rand town for someone new to forum. Yes maccie ik she plays vidya but its still a new turf. i think that she was misunderstood with her "mac w/w" post, i didnt perceive that as a mac w/w post, to me it read like her just liking mac as a person and asking him something for fun. i think the way multiple ppl jumped the gun to sheep alison on esooa yeet could have spewed esooa as town and low energy mafia happy to sheep the wrong town alison on the mischop, tgats just what my intuition felt, i could be wrong!
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Id feel bad if esooa is mafia and im defending her but id also feel bad if shes town and i dont defend her hard enough

Seriously why do i play mafia lol
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

I wish i was a different person who could enjoy mafia more
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

tutuu wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:30 pm I believe her casually claiming wolf and messing around too is >rand town for someone new to forum. Yes maccie ik she plays vidya but its still a new turf. i think that she was misunderstood with her "mac w/w" post, i didnt perceive that as a mac w/w post, to me it read like her just liking mac as a person and asking him something for fun. i think the way multiple ppl jumped the gun to sheep alison on esooa yeet could have spewed esooa as town and low energy mafia happy to sheep the wrong town alison on the mischop, tgats just what my intuition felt, i could be wrong!
You could be right. Her asking what alignment she'd want us to be was pretty nai. I don't have a read on her atm. I actually can't read her.

I think the mafia are more likely among the Teds, LCs, Marmots etc.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Why is claiming wolf >rand town for her?
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

I think its a general towntell for people who are in a new turf / not comfortable

Can u imagine a mafia player going in a brand new community, randing mafia, and claiming mafia as a joke?

I ust think most ppl would find it tok stressful unless theyre maybe a bit evil like me but esooa isnt evil like me shes an angel!!!
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

tutuu wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:35 pm I think its a general towntell for people who are in a new turf / not comfortable

Can u imagine a mafia player going in a brand new community, randing mafia, and claiming mafia as a joke?

I ust think most ppl would find it tok stressful unless theyre maybe a bit evil like me but esooa isnt evil like me shes an angel!!!
Esooa is far too gamer for this read Tutuu.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Jokingly telling the truth about something they want to conceal is a way for people who are stressed about keeping something hidden to ease their conscience actually.
Alison

Post by Alison »

I still have Esooa as top scum but I'm willing to compromise on ted since he can easily be scum with her and is definitely scum if she's town.
Alison

Post by Alison »

The real question is why Esooa hasn't voted ted if she's town and he's scum.
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

LC is a mystery for me i am atrocious at reading him and i believe ive never seen alison be wrong on him so im gonna sheep her on him. genuinely dont remember what alignment did she say he was i just remember she said something

rly rly hope alison is town, its like a jenga tower and "alison = town" is one of the core pieces at the bottom
Alison

Post by Alison »

I said LC is town.

If Esooa is town, and she knows she's town, why doesn't she seem to sus ted at all? From the POV of a town Esooa, ted should be completely outed.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

why?
Alison

Post by Alison »

MacDougall wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:54 pmwhy?
Because if we take it for a fact that Esooa is town then ted looks like he's trying to use the way I jumped on her to bury her while keeping his hands clean.
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

idk shes not here

just checkd the timestamps, i started the teddie wagon on 7:12 pm my time, a few hours later esooa popped in and her last post was in 12:21 am my time, so thats about 5 hours

i believe i was the only one suspecting teddie at that time period

but should just ask her lol

@Esooa hey sweetie what r ur reads?
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

i think me paying attention to the timestamps was pretty damn towny there, not that i wasnt already obv town from play and even a doctor role PM to top it off. like a delicious cherry on the top
Syn
Hitman
Posts in topic: 20

Post by Syn »

tutuu wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:35 pm I think its a general towntell for people who are in a new turf / not comfortable

yes

esooa jumped in on MU, which is the best place to start if you want to be good at this game

and didn't she do video mafia before forum mafia?

not buying any "so new and naive" argument for her, she's been hella hyped by vets
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage
Esooa
Made Man
Posts in topic: 228
Preferred Pronouns: She/her

Post by Esooa »

I've not voted Ted because I don't really agree they're outed from my PoV. Maybe I'm wrong though, I'll reread their posts and look
I’ll come clean team. I have failed you.
I never expected to survive the night. I was very confused about the char flip and I was on my way to a very hot date. We stayed overnight to celebrate my girl bday and vday weekend. Last thing in my mind was the game... I never submitted an action last night. :doh:
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

I don't think ted's vote on me was very scummy. They seemed unsure, moved it around a bit, and changed their read on me a couple times. I'm not sure why Alison wants to put scum on them for it and her way of approaching scum reading people so far hasn't sat too well with me. I think nandooks vote on me looked much more opportunistic and he's in general done less to be town read for.

I think tutuu pointing out a reason she should be town read was a little weird, but you get to be town regardless. Also I'm town so you can defend me all you want but that was cute.
Mac hasn't done much and he just dismissed Alison telling him to act townie which was weird, lol

that's what I got from catching up+rereading
I never expected to survive the night. I was very confused about the char flip and I was on my way to a very hot date. We stayed overnight to celebrate my girl bday and vday weekend. Last thing in my mind was the game... I never submitted an action last night. :doh:
Alison

Post by Alison »

[VOTE: Esooa] aubergine

I can't ignore it when you just shove scummy posts in my face like this. Sorry tutuu, I think you're wrong on this one.
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

Alison says Ted doesn't want to get scum read so he's trying to clean his hands with the jumping around, I assume. I don't think this is true. He wouldn't end with a scum read on me if that was the case, he would leave himself less culpable by just agreeing with you, similar do how nanook did it. Nanook also prefaced it earlier with saying his reads probably won't be good. This lines up 10x more with wanting to clean his hands of the vote then what Ted did
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

Alison wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:41 pm [VOTE: Esooa] aubergine

I can't ignore it when you just shove scummy posts in my face like this. Sorry tutuu, I think you're wrong on this one.
if I was a little more tinfoil I would have accused you of trying to setup another mislynch in Ted, but I figured you're probably just misled. I don't think you read this post though and then believe it's actually that scummy, this read moreso than your others has felt once again contrived and you aren't lacking contrived reads. So, care to explain how it is?
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

Ah, I didn't see tutuu asking me for my reads. I liked how lc caught that Alison's read on him was also awkward. Poison seems to be posting without really thinking about it too much which is townie. Falcon is asking useful questions and giving original thoughts so most likely just town
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

Other people I don't have anything notable on
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 40
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Esooa wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:44 pm Alison says Ted doesn't want to get scum read so he's trying to clean his hands with the jumping around, I assume. I don't think this is true. He wouldn't end with a scum read on me if that was the case, he would leave himself less culpable by just agreeing with you, similar do how nanook did it. Nanook also prefaced it earlier with saying his reads probably won't be good. This lines up 10x more with wanting to clean his hands of the vote then what Ted did
I lied my reads are always good
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

By which I mean I’m going to sheep alison and blame her if wrong xD
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:05 am By which I mean I’m going to sheep alison and blame her if wrong xD
not sure if I should be glad you just hard backed me up by showing how you weren't contributing yourself and wanted to just push votes intoy someone, but thanks I guess

Esooa wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:09 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:05 am By which I mean I’m going to sheep alison and blame her if wrong xD
not sure if I should be glad you just hard backed me up by showing how you weren't contributing yourself and wanted to just push votes intoy someone, but thanks I guess
My available time and energy is fairly low rn. Sheeping people who generally have good reads and who clearly have more time and energy to invest in this game than I currently do is better than flailing around on my own

That won’t stop me from making my own reads when I have them obviously, but it will inform my votes

Especially where an alison first post read is involved
Alison

Post by Alison »

Esooa wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:48 pm

if I was a little more tinfoil I would have accused you of trying to setup another mislynch in Ted, but I figured you're probably just misled. I don't think you read this post though and then believe it's actually that scummy, this read moreso than your others has felt once again contrived and you aren't lacking contrived reads. So, care to explain how it is?
It's scummy because of the following line:
I think nandooks vote on me looked much more opportunistic
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:13 am
My available time and energy is fairly low rn. Sheeping people who generally have good reads and who clearly have more time and energy to invest in this game than I currently do is better than flailing around on my own

That won’t stop me from making my own reads when I have them obviously, but it will inform my votes

I understand that, and I wasn't thinking you in specific were scummy for it. But you did much more strongly exhibit "washing your hands" of the vote on me than ted, no? So consider: why did Alison fail to mention that?
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

Alison wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:15 am
Esooa wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:48 pm

It's scummy because of the following line:
I think nandooks vote on me looked much more opportunistic
do you disagree with what was said? Why?
Alison

Post by Alison »

There was nothing about nanook's vote on you that was opportunistic so obviously I think it's scummy that you called it opportunistic.
Alison

Post by Alison »

If nanook wanted to use my push on you to bury you he could have done it any time before now. He could have joined in the push on page 1 and just say Alison's reads are usually good and she seems town, I'll sheep her!

I actually townread nanook for that particular shift so calling it scummy and opportunistic doesn't sit well with me.
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

Do you really think Nanook bringing the votes on me from 1 to 2 would be "burying"? I don't, at all. The point about him changing his reads is somewhat sensible, but at the same time he explained basically nothing of his progression so I don't really see how you can ascribe townie intentions to it. Furthermore he only decided to sheep you immediately after I got a 2nd vote on me, bringing it from 2 to 3. It's pretty convenient timing. Ted bringing me from 1 to 2 really doesn't do much at all so I definitely disagree the vote was with the intention to mislynch me
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

Do you really think Nanook bringing the votes on me from 1 to 2 would be "burying"? I don't, at all. The point about him changing his reads is somewhat sensible, but at the same time he explained basically nothing of his progression so I don't really see how you can ascribe townie intentions to it. Furthermore he only decided to sheep you immediately after I got a 2nd vote on me, bringing it from 2 to 3. It's pretty convenient timing. Ted bringing me from 1 to 2 really doesn't do much at all so I definitely disagree the vote was with the intention to mislynch me
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

oops, double post
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

idk why yall pay attention to timings of votes when its not eod, at least i never take that into consideration, if a scum is gonna feel like voting they gonna vote, at least if i were scum id never take into account current vote numbers, id just care about general thread temperature
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

tho i did say earlier something something i was the 1st one to place a vote on ted but in my defense that wasnt a towny hypocrisy on my part cuz the general push on ted was i believe started on me and not so much the actual v o t e by itself, u know what i mean

Esooa wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:15 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:13 am

I understand that, and I wasn't thinking you in specific were scummy for it. But you did much more strongly exhibit "washing your hands" of the vote on me than ted, no? So consider: why did Alison fail to mention that?
I’m reasonably sure she knows why I’m sheeping her, or at least has a pretty good idea why
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

Why did you?

This is probably kinda frustrating not totally understanding why you’re being voted

Alison has, over the last, idk, 5-8 games or so, had some incredibly accurate first post reads. Something like 14/15 I think, I’m sure she has the number but the exact number isn’t relevant what matters is that she has a very very high accuracy with them. It’s admittedly a pretty small sample size, but the fact she’s pushing it makes me think she’s both town and has a read worth sheeping.

Return to “Previous Rackets”