Total votes: 10
chardonnay
The Mark
Posts in topic: 175

Re: Avatar The Last Airbender Mafia D6

Post by chardonnay »

cayvie wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:44 am
chardonnay wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:09 am
cayvie wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:19 pm i think it's my turn. ultimately i just don't see a world where dov is town. [VOTE: dov] aubergine

this probably means it's gonna be me/fatmo/cass tomorrow. tho maybe there's still a doctor out there, so that might shake things up? afaik we still don't know why char didn't die from the burns

like at this point the only world i see where dov is town is one where char is mafia and burned himself twice, and, honestly, im almost okay losing to that. i guess that would make either him or cass a mafia doctor?
their aren't any alignment specific roles tho, so mafia wouldnt get a dedicated mafia doc. And i doubt there are two docs with that'd be OP if they both randed town.

do you have any good points for why its DoVxFatmo?

I understand that its them together, or me, and im less likely scum by comparison. But from my PoV idk if you're town. Can you help me see it?
well i assume a doc would be mafia because a town doc would have claimed, and someone stopped the burns. i guess it could be a mafia backup too, who took nutella's role.

i don't really know how to make you see that i'm town. it's kind of the mixed blessing of being in the POE, that i feel like i have a clearer view of the game because i can eliminate myself from consideration. i guess i just gotta ask who i would be partnered with

cayvie-cass: do you think i jump onto cass day 1, when it's 7-4 in favor of jiwon?
cayvie-dov: do you think we leave fatmo, who can track either of us, alive?
cayvie-fatmo: do you think i let him claim tracker, for one?
yeah, the nk is still the odd thing about you and DoV as a team. Cass said something about you could 1v1 Fatmo and claim their scum, but that doesn't account for the whole day phase before now when Fatmo getting a guilty means a guaranteed trade off.
hi-lo
chardonnay
The Mark

Post by chardonnay »

Fatmo wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:46 am This GM made ISO links in the OP of that game.
unfortunately it appears that non-members cant veiw the iso, :(
hi-lo
cassowary
Posts in topic: 78
Preferred Pronouns: she or they

Post by cassowary »

cayvie wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:44 am cayvie-dov: do you think we leave fatmo, who can track either of us, alive?
I... kind of do? I want to trust you, and I'm leaning towards Fatmo as final vote, but I don't think this logic totally checks out. But it would be pretty easy for you guys to claim fatmo's results were an attempt by scum to frame you. Like by the time fatmo was a claimed tracker who could get a result we were at, what, kilo-1? Getting pretty close to the end of the game there, perfect time for weird mafia gambits, is what scum!you would say to tracker results (maybe).

Otoh I think there are probably more scenarios where fatmo makes sense as scum. I think they've probably mostly just been telling the truth about everything, with the thought that there's no sense in spinning a web of lies. (I mean, they'd be lying about visiting dov in that case, but it would look very weird not to have visited dov.)

Pedit: yeah the 1v1 scenario is the only way I can think that Cayvie/dov really works with these nightkills, but it's quite a while for them to expect to go without getting caught. Your intense townread on fatmo is giving me pause, but I'm leaning towards the "fatmo is scum and they didn't think this through" hypothesis at this point I think.
cayvie
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 197
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by cayvie »

cassowary wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:03 am
cayvie wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:44 am cayvie-dov: do you think we leave fatmo, who can track either of us, alive?
I... kind of do? I want to trust you, and I'm leaning towards Fatmo as final vote, but I don't think this logic totally checks out. But it would be pretty easy for you guys to claim fatmo's results were an attempt by scum to frame you. Like by the time fatmo was a claimed tracker who could get a result we were at, what, kilo-1? Getting pretty close to the end of the game there, perfect time for weird mafia gambits, is what scum!you would say to tracker results (maybe).

Otoh I think there are probably more scenarios where fatmo makes sense as scum. I think they've probably mostly just been telling the truth about everything, with the thought that there's no sense in spinning a web of lies. (I mean, they'd be lying about visiting dov in that case, but it would look very weird not to have visited dov.)

Pedit: yeah the 1v1 scenario is the only way I can think that Cayvie/dov really works with these nightkills, but it's quite a while for them to expect to go without getting caught. Your intense townread on fatmo is giving me pause, but I'm leaning towards the "fatmo is scum and they didn't think this through" hypothesis at this point I think.
i mean i'm basically 99% on dov/fatmo at this point. i'm curious why you're leaning toward fatmo as final vote, but have your vote on dov rn? it looked like you waited until i took my vote off dov to put one on him as well. im curious about that thought process.
cayvie
Corrupt Union Official

Post by cayvie »

in fact i'm curious what happens if i [VOTE: dov] aubergine
cayvie
Corrupt Union Official

Post by cayvie »

i guess fatmo/char isn't the team
chardonnay
The Mark

Post by chardonnay »

confirm not voting
hi-lo
chardonnay
The Mark

Post by chardonnay »

the intensity of my Fatmo TR has dropped considerably tbh. I think i still like Dov, or Cayvie more for scum. But like, I dont think there no chance Fatmo is scum.
hi-lo
cayvie
Corrupt Union Official

Post by cayvie »

chardonnay wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:23 am
the intensity of my Fatmo TR has dropped considerably tbh. I think i still like Dov, or Cayvie more for scum. But like, I dont think there no chance Fatmo is scum.
we could try to force fatmo to hammer dov and see how he reacts XD

i should probably go to bed, im coming up with tactics too wacky for f5
chardonnay
The Mark

Post by chardonnay »

Have a good night

Like normal i wont be here at EoD, so I'll have to place my vote before i leave in the morning :skull:

-/-/-/-
Fatmo wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:31 am Oh, we're mass claiming.

I'm June from the Fire Nation. I'm a tracker.

I tracked Long Con N1. He didn't go anywhere.

Tracked Wiggly N2. He didn't go anywhere.

I tracked Cass N3, and I got no result. I'm pretty sure this means they are Water Nation so my track doesn't work there because I'm fire.

First two nights I was going for two people me and the thread in general didn't seem to know what to make of. Cass was because a lot of people had suspected them earlier but that seemed to be kind of dying down from what I gathered. And maybe scum would have sent him to kill if they thought he was starting to be more village read.

So we know Long Con didn't do the kill N1, Wiggly didn't do it N2 (unless I was roleblocked those nights), and that Cass is likely Water Nation.
Do LC, and Wigley make sense for scum tracker to prospect for town power? I reckon with Marcher's guidance that could be so. Since Marcher played with them previously.

Cassowary is an interesting choice as that does sound like a townie tracker thought process.

analisiying Fatmo's tracker visits post mass claim dont really have much weight b/c scum Fatmo is expecting some analisis for thier actions
hi-lo
chardonnay
The Mark

Post by chardonnay »

idk maybe I do favor Fatmo over DoV tomarrow.
hi-lo
chardonnay
The Mark

Post by chardonnay »

Cayvie, what points to fatmo, and DoV being scum togather?

is it all just PoE forom your PoV?

I know you said that FatmoxCass dont make sense, and im inclined to agree. But what about Cass, and DoV?
hi-lo
cassowary

Post by cassowary »

cayvie wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:08 am

i mean i'm basically 99% on dov/fatmo at this point. i'm curious why you're leaning toward fatmo as final vote, but have your vote on dov rn? it looked like you waited until i took my vote off dov to put one on him as well. im curious about that thought process.
oh, I meant final day vote, like between you and fatmo after we flip dov today.

I waited till fatmo posted to make my vote bc of the voting order? But I figured no sense waiting around for fatmo (who I notice still hasn't voted...) to actually cast a vote.
cassowary

Post by cassowary »

chardonnay wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:44 am idk maybe I do favor Fatmo over DoV tomarrow.
Do you mean over Cayvie?
Fatmo
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 29

Post by Fatmo »

[VOTE: Dov] aubergine

I can't imagine a team without them.
Image Image
chardonnay
The Mark

Post by chardonnay »

cassowary wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:16 am
chardonnay wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:44 am idk maybe I do favor Fatmo over DoV tomarrow.
Do you mean over Cayvie?
my head's just swiming between the three of them tonight.

im probably voting between DoV and fatmo tomarrow yeah

-/-/-/-

considering everybody is suspecting DoV first and formost that means DoV has to be bussed here if hes scum. which i guess goes without saying.
hi-lo
cassowary

Post by cassowary »

fatmo's dov vote looks pretty weak/bussing-ish to me fwiw but let me know what you think
chardonnay
The Mark

Post by chardonnay »

Since voting DoV end the day phase I'll put my vote on Fatmo.

In case there is more to talk about before flipping DoV, or if Fatmo gains interest over DoV. I gues I dont really have priority between the two?

Sleeping on Fatmo's night actions those first two LC, and Wigly, really do look like choices scum would pick while hunting for town power in early game. Given thier go with the flow approach this game I dont find them claiming PR when VT was better that far'fateched.

[VOTE: Fatmo] aubergine

I guess im still paranoid about cayvie, and i think if scum is picked today out of dov, and fatmo. Still look into Cayvie tomorrow. As my top TR Cass should be king maker tomarrow.
hi-lo
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 31
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Game over, mafia win. Team was the two flipped plus cayvie and Fatmo. Will give full reveal when I’m not dead ass tired.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
cayvie
Corrupt Union Official

Post by cayvie »

YESSSSSS
cayvie
Corrupt Union Official

Post by cayvie »

cass wow nice play! you were a backup doc right?
char holy crap you made it hard
dov i hope this wasn't too unpleasant an intro to forum mafia! it was cool to see you seem to get into the swing of things during the later days
fatmo <3 you slanker
mj well maybe we'll co-scum and not bus you at some point. maybe.
jack i still don't know why the 2nd burn wins
nutella sucks when the strong player kill is also an important power role huh
psine damn you're good
u-g i really hope things are looking up for your mental health! was fun to wolf with you for a while
long con we killed you by accident! <3
alison <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 you played super well, drawing a nightkill with a negative utility role. sorry if i was overly mean to you
ddl you're super fun!
carot you'll get me one day!!! <3
wilgy lmao we tried to shoot you and missed, your read on me was of course perfect
jiwon we had a short time together but i hope to see more of you! it was fun
cayvie
Corrupt Union Official

Re: Avatar The Last Airbender Mafia postgame

Post by cayvie »

and nook!! thank you so much for the game, the flavor was super cool and the mechanics were the right balance of off-kilter and still recognizably mafia. loved the setup and the execution.
cassowary

Post by cassowary »

LMAO RIP chardonnay's + my collective decision making skills

was a really good time though. well played you guys
cayvie wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:06 pm cass wow nice play! you were a backup doc right?
yeah! how did you know / why did you not nk me lol

is it just a guess based on flavor? bc it makes sense tbh
cayvie wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:06 pm jack i still don't know why the 2nd burn wins
i straight up forgot the mod kills counted at the end of the day and didn't send in another pm to save jack bc i'm an idiot lol
cassowary

Post by cassowary »

counted as* the end of the day
cassowary

Post by cassowary »

ok technically i wasn't backup doc. i was only backup burn heal
cayvie
Corrupt Union Official

Post by cayvie »

cassowary wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:18 pm LMAO RIP chardonnay's + my collective decision making skills

was a really good time though. well played you guys
cayvie wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:06 pm cass wow nice play! you were a backup doc right?
yeah! how did you know / why did you not nk me lol

is it just a guess based on flavor? bc it makes sense tbh
cayvie wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:06 pm jack i still don't know why the 2nd burn wins
i straight up forgot the mod kills counted at the end of the day and didn't send in another pm to save jack bc i'm an idiot lol
yeah it was the one part of our setup spec that was actually correct, that yue would be a backup.
we didn't kill you because by the time we were sure of it, there were confirmed townies that needed to die
cayvie
Corrupt Union Official

Post by cayvie »

hah i was wondering if ddl's tea was, like, extra poison potentially and you only saved him from one death
cassowary

Post by cassowary »

i am still wondering what was the deal with ddl's tea, tbh
Fatmo
Stool Pigeon

Post by Fatmo »

You guys were all great!

Lol I’ve never slanked even a quarter of what I did here. I was telling the truth in my opening post that I wanted to experiment. Though it’s likely that as town I’d have ended up somewhat more engaged. Because you guys were pretty engaging. But I wanted to try something different.

So many of you played so well. Haven’t played any of these syndicate or Star people except carotenoid and Nutella. Was a cool dynamic where there were basically the star people and syndicate people all trying to figure each other out, while the scum team was all non syndicate people and a star person.

UG, hope you’re doing well!

Would have loved being town with you all.

But also loved my scumteam!

Thanks Nook.

Oh, and shoutout to Dov. Was their first game.

I’ll be honest in that I was starting to get worried two or three days ago that you were sounding more and more towny. I thought your tone got way better.

That was probably pretty frustrating being wrongly suspected basically the whole game and then being the final kill. I know that pain lol. Happens sometimes, even when you’re not new.

I hope you at least found this interesting and that maybe you’re intrigued enough to try again sometime.

Thanks again all. I’ll likely play another game here at some point. I hope to see you star people around again. We were really scared of some of you lol.
Image Image
Fatmo
Stool Pigeon

Post by Fatmo »

Oh, and we did think about how weird my tracker claim was as scum lol. We just kinda decided to do it anyway.
Image Image
cayvie
Corrupt Union Official

Post by cayvie »

can i get a link to spec chat/dvc?
Fatmo
Stool Pigeon

Post by Fatmo »

Oh yea that would be nice.
Image Image
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 74
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Well played, mafia.
cassowary

Post by cassowary »

jack i'm sorry i still feel bad that i let you die completely by accident :'(
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 160
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

cayvie wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:06 pm ddl you're super fun!
Wow thanks! You're pretty fun to play with too.

Gratz for the win, mafiosos.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 160
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

cassowary wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:32 pm i am still wondering what was the deal with ddl's tea, tbh
According to dvc spoilers it prevented the person who drank it from being roleblocked.
Carotenoid
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 115
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/herself

Post by Carotenoid »

GG maf!
Thanks for hosting Nanook!

Really happy that I got to play with all of you again or for the first time!

DVC https://discord.gg/YBEBVU
ImageImage
Carotenoid
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 115
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/herself

Post by Carotenoid »

hmn i think i put the wrong link so https://discord.gg/MM9Y7t
ImageImage
cayvie
Corrupt Union Official

Post by cayvie »

Carotenoid wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:23 pm hmn i think i put the wrong link so https://discord.gg/MM9Y7t
thank you :D
cayvie
Corrupt Union Official

Post by cayvie »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:40 pm
cassowary wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:32 pm i am still wondering what was the deal with ddl's tea, tbh
According to dvc spoilers it prevented the person who drank it from being roleblocked.
what a quirky role

i don't think it ever came up because i don't think i ever roleblocked anyone with an actual role
cayvie
Corrupt Union Official

Post by cayvie »

oh yeah i was a roleblocker
chardonnay
The Mark

Post by chardonnay »

Nice win Cayvie, and Fatmo. Ya'll out played me pretty good.

I feel like this was a pretty middling performance on my end lol. Even tho my gut SR on Cayvie ended up true, I kept letting other things take precedence. DDL, and Carot, were both bad pushes that I take more of the responsiblity for. DDL in my defense had some incriminating night actions visiting the kill, then the burn victim. That was unlucky.

I was impressed by how quickly PSI adapted into this game when she's probably the least experienced starmen.netter. She really is a natural imo. (Also had some good reads to boot)

I was really happy that my gut read on Cassowary ended up being correct. Its a shame we didnt come together on Fatmo, or Cayvie, in the endgame.

DoV, Sorry the game didnt treat you favorably this time. Mafia isnt alwas a very new player freindly game unfortently. Sorry i didnt see you for the townie you were. D:
hi-lo
chardonnay
The Mark

Post by chardonnay »

Carotenoid wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:22 pm GG maf!
Thanks for hosting Nanook!

Really happy that I got to play with all of you again or for the first time!

DVC https://discord.gg/YBEBVU
thanks for inviting me to play Carot :)
hi-lo
cayvie
Corrupt Union Official

Post by cayvie »

here's scumchat if you want it

https://discord.gg/kBfWFBd
cayvie
Corrupt Union Official

Post by cayvie »

chardonnay wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:12 pm Nice win Cayvie, and Fatmo. Ya'll out played me pretty good.

I feel like this was a pretty middling performance on my end lol. Even tho my gut SR on Cayvie ended up true, I kept letting other things take precedence. DDL, and Carot, were both bad pushes that I take more of the responsiblity for. DDL in my defense had some incriminating night actions visiting the kill, then the burn victim. That was unlucky.

I was impressed by how quickly PSI adapted into this game when she's probably the least experienced starmen.netter. She really is a natural imo. (Also had some good reads to boot)

I was really happy that my gut read on Cassowary ended up being correct. Its a shame we didnt come together on Fatmo, or Cayvie, in the endgame.

DoV, Sorry the game didnt treat you favorably this time. Mafia isnt alwas a very new player freindly game unfortently. Sorry i didnt see you for the townie you were. D:
char you did such a good job re-evaluating, we really wanted you dead but like i just don't think we had a way to get the burns off without just killing cass. i guess that's how this game balances having 2 mafia kills a night. but what if yue/katara wind up scum roles??
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 53
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

I was killed by accident?

TOLD you guys cayvie was bad. :feb:
cayvie
Corrupt Union Official

Post by cayvie »

Long Con wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:00 pm I was killed by accident?

TOLD you guys cayvie was bad. :feb:
yeah we tried to kill wilgy that night but nook flipped you by mistake XD
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 53
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Haha, and you guys were just like, *shrug* " we're good either way"
cayvie
Corrupt Union Official

Post by cayvie »

Long Con wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:28 pm Haha, and you guys were just like, *shrug* " we're good either way"
haha we actually freaked out a lil and then shrugged yeah

i was most scared that wilgy would get a genuine wagon on me, because once i flipped roleblocker, fatmo is basically outed
Fatmo
Stool Pigeon

Post by Fatmo »

Yea because of mechanics, it was probably better for me to die than Cayvie to die if it had to be one of us. Especially once the massclaim happened and I was outed tracker.
Image Image

Return to “Previous Rackets”