Esooa
Made Man
Posts in topic: 91
Preferred Pronouns: She/her

Re: Bee Mafia [DAY 1]

Post by Esooa »

mansnicks wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:47 pm
Esooa wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:39 pm falcon lc town lean
Esooa wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:40 pm a lot of us are more serious players. We're talking about more minor things to start the game

This is contradicting yourself withing 1minute imo. :eek:
this is a little less aggressive than antagonistic may imply but it still comes from an approach of trying to look for things I've done that are "bad," is how I mean it
Spoiler: show
I’ll come clean team. I have failed you.
I never expected to survive the night. I was very confused about the char flip and I was on my way to a very hot date. We stayed overnight to celebrate my girl bday and vday weekend. Last thing in my mind was the game... I never submitted an action last night. :doh:
mansnicks
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 51
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by mansnicks »

Esooa wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:47 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:37 pm
mansnicks wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:36 pm This is such a strange environment..
How so?
weak read on falcon but while mansicks was getting pressure falcon asked a question clearly intending to get more out of mansicks, in a good way. not sure how to say exactly

lc town lean because he entered the thread with a naked vote. Weird move for a mafia imo. No explanation, not pushing himself, it's basically the subtlest form of agreement, and I feel like mafia want their actions to be more known
The presmise in the first read is wrong though. When I recieved that question - I was under no pressure.

The 2nd read is just bad. Straight up bad. Random is the most compliment that read can recieve.
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

mansnicks wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:55 pm
Esooa wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:47 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:37 pm
mansnicks wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:36 pm This is such a strange environment..
How so?
weak read on falcon but while mansicks was getting pressure falcon asked a question clearly intending to get more out of mansicks, in a good way. not sure how to say exactly

lc town lean because he entered the thread with a naked vote. Weird move for a mafia imo. No explanation, not pushing himself, it's basically the subtlest form of agreement, and I feel like mafia want their actions to be more known
The presmise in the first read is wrong though. When I recieved that question - I was under no pressure.

The 2nd read is just bad. Straight up bad. Random is the most compliment that read can recieve.
case in point, alison, lol
I never expected to survive the night. I was very confused about the char flip and I was on my way to a very hot date. We stayed overnight to celebrate my girl bday and vday weekend. Last thing in my mind was the game... I never submitted an action last night. :doh:
mansnicks
Stool Pigeon

Post by mansnicks »

Alison wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:47 pm
Esooa wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:43 pm Alison what exactly is your read on mansnicks
My read is that trying to clear someone for knowing that the town are bees is something that you'd probably do if you were very new to FM, especially if you came from a site meta where "quote your role card" is a legitimate solving strategy (thinking of Among Us and naming common tasks, etc.). I think after 3 or 4 games there's no longer any question that you'd realize why it was wrong, especially since you'd be playing those games with other players and they'd instruct you that those strategies are incorrect.

Hence my comment that if mansnicks played 1-2 FM games in the past they're probably town and if they played more than a few FM games they're scum trying to fake the derptell behavior that probably got them townread in their first few games.
And the funny thing is, it wasn't even that much of a joke but an actual thought. :haha:
mansnicks
Stool Pigeon

Post by mansnicks »

Esooa wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:48 pm
mansnicks wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:47 pm
Esooa wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:40 pm a lot of us are more serious players. We're talking about more minor things to start the game

This is contradicting yourself withing 1minute imo. :eek:
I answered with two paragraphs. I'm on mobile so I don't type it all immediately, plus it's fun to see who wants to ask me more. Any reason you're being particularly antagonistic about this?
Because contradiction = lie, and therefore worth calling out?
Anyhow, you since then have elaborated on your reads.

Next time, PLEASE, do so in the first place to not make an unnecessary mess of things.
mansnicks
Stool Pigeon

Post by mansnicks »

@Alison
Did you understand why I said "LHF" in italics now? To describe what I thought was Esooa's thoughts proces in their decision making?

Please talk to me. Do you think my read there on Esooa thoughts had any merit? Because, if so, then we can write down in our notes that Esooa tried to scumpaint someone whom they percieved as LHF while, without explanation, pocket others.

If not, then not.
But talk about others peoples opinions plz.

@Esooa Me judging your reads and opinions =/= antagonistic
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 14
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Alison »

Where did you learn the meaning of the slang phrase "LHF", mansnicks?
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
Alison
Posts in topic: 14
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Alison »

Also can you link me all the forum games you've played please?
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

mansnicks wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:05 pm @Alison
Did you understand why I said "LHF" in italics now? To describe what I thought was Esooa's thoughts proces in their decision making?

Please talk to me. Do you think my read there on Esooa thoughts had any merit? Because, if so, then we can write down in our notes that Esooa tried to scumpaint someone whom they percieved as LHF while, without explanation, pocket others.

If not, then not.
But talk about others peoples opinions plz.

@Esooa Me judging your reads and opinions =/= antagonistic
I didn't mean it in a negative way
mansnicks
Stool Pigeon

Post by mansnicks »

I hightly agree with the read previously pointed out by someone about ck, I think it has merit.

Alison's consistency I like.

Esooa felt like becoming unnecessary defensive for their reads being questioned.
mansnicks
Stool Pigeon

Post by mansnicks »

Alison wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:06 pm Also can you link me all the forum games you've played please?
Ohh, really? You sure?
Yeah.. would be NICE if people sent you their past games so you can READ THEM, right?

It really would, I agree. :llama:
mansnicks
Stool Pigeon

Post by mansnicks »

Alison wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:06 pm Where did you learn the meaning of the slang phrase "LHF", mansnicks?
Same place I learned all slangs that I know - I see someone use it and I google it.
Where though - to my knowledge there's only 2 Wikis with abbreviations listed in them.
mansnicks
Stool Pigeon

Post by mansnicks »

I'm sorry, I'm getting hostile.

I'll check in on my other game.
mansnicks
Stool Pigeon

Post by mansnicks »

(Wish people here cooperated more tbh)
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

it's a lot of work to find multiple games on mobile and it'll probably give no return lol
Seanzie
Polarized
Posts in topic: 10
Preferred Pronouns: he/him or they/them

Post by Seanzie »

So from what I gather, everyone except Alison is derpcleared, and Alison is 3p, right? Sounds like the game is mostly wrapped up then, so I'mma just go collect some pollen and make some honey.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

c4e5g3d5
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 68

Post by c4e5g3d5 »

First pass of reading done, about to reread and respond to stuff. Thinking mansnicks is town here for vague reasons that probably look something like "pure" "solvey" "genuine" smth smth. Basically his Esooa attacks are bad but I think I can see how he's getting there and some of the details look too dumb and too specific for a wolf to fake.

Think Alison's read on him is just bad and an extremely narrow picture of what mafia looks like elsewhere, but it can all change when @mansnicks provides that meta we're waiting on.
Progression cases are bad.
c4e5g3d5
Drug Dealer

Re: Bee Mafia [LOCKED - PRE-GAME]

Post by c4e5g3d5 »

Esooa wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:34 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:30 pm
Day 1

The bees of the Syndicate Beehive pride themselves on the quality of their honey. They may not produce the most liquid gold in the land, but they're not gonna put their stamp on anything that's not top notch, you can rest assured of that!

There are some out there, however, that would seek to bring them down, topple their honey empire. And still there are others that just like eating honey and have no respect for the hard work of bees. In a time of peril, the Syndicate Bees must band together to rid themselves of threats both internal and external.

It is Day 1. You have 48 hours to sting somebody.
like you can read half a sentence from this and learn town is bees lmao
I didn't read half a sentence of that
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

c4 have I pocketed you yet
c4e5g3d5
Drug Dealer

Post by c4e5g3d5 »

mansnicks wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:41 pm Free Town Points to anyone listing their last few Town and Mafia games, preferable ISO links.

I still haven't found the ISO buttons. xD
Here's me on MU for town games.

My last scum game is fucking ancient and it was also my first game in three years so it's probably outdated and it's also on my home forum with no pages or ISO links but if you want it it's there.
falcon45ca
Posts in topic: 21

Post by falcon45ca »

Off of my 2 posts?

Pocket denied!
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
c4e5g3d5
Drug Dealer

Post by c4e5g3d5 »

mansnicks wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:43 pm
Why?

You should at least say if it's a quick throw-away gut read, or metaread, or there's an actual reasoning behind it.
You had no trouble giving plenty of explanation towards scumreading a LHF, yet when it comes to townreading the, presumably, better players... what even is that? :haha:
Fast moving game, people don't always have time to explain everything on the spot.
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

game is moving so fast no one will notice I'm gay
c4e5g3d5
Drug Dealer

Post by c4e5g3d5 »

Alison wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:45 pm My strongest townread is actually on c4 because he's a little skeptical of the mansnicks push but doesn't try to defend mansnicks. Skepticism = paranoia, no defense = no agenda (either way), and I think it's a flavor combination that's not trivial to fake.
I refuse to be pocketed by such a weak read. It is trivial to fake, it's called hedging.
Syn
Hitman
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Syn »

Esooa wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:36 pm game is moving so fast no one will notice I'm gay
i am noticing respectfully
ImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

I'm going to write a progression case on why c4 is town to pocket him
c4e5g3d5
Drug Dealer

Post by c4e5g3d5 »

Esooa wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:43 pm Alison what exactly is your read on mansnicks
My read is that trying to clear someone for knowing that the town are bees is something that you'd probably do if you were very new to FM, especially if you came from a site meta where "quote your role card" is a legitimate solving strategy (thinking of Among Us and naming common tasks, etc.). I think after 3 or 4 games there's no longer any question that you'd realize why it was wrong, especially since you'd be playing those games with other players and they'd instruct you that those strategies are incorrect.

Hence my comment that if mansnicks played 1-2 FM games in the past they're probably town and if they played more than a few FM games they're scum trying to fake the derptell behavior that probably got them townread in their first few games.
Plenty of places where there isn't actual flavor. Plenty of places where here is flavor but claiming it is outright banned (source: my home site). Still obviously depends on what we see when he shares meta but bad read. Inclined to think it's a tunnel read tho.
c4e5g3d5
Drug Dealer

Post by c4e5g3d5 »

mansnicks wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:57 pm

And the funny thing is, it wasn't even that much of a joke but an actual thought. :haha:
Marking this to decide later if it's AI or not.
c4e5g3d5
Drug Dealer

Post by c4e5g3d5 »

This is what caught my eye in particular. So oddly specific that he thought the fact that he put LHF in italics would make that meaning clear. So oddly specific that I think he actually thought that meaning was clear. Obviously it's still a thought he could have and try to say as scum, but this post makes me think that in general he's trying and failing to communicate effectively which is probably towny for reasons that I refuse to put effort into finding rn.
c4e5g3d5
Drug Dealer

Post by c4e5g3d5 »

Esooa wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:29 pm c4 have I pocketed you yet
Obviously
c4e5g3d5
Drug Dealer

Post by c4e5g3d5 »

Esooa wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:38 pm I'm going to write a progression case on why c4 is town to pocket him
Don't care that this is a joke, pocket preemptively denied.
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

c4e5g3d5 wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:53 pm
Obviously
c4e5g3d5 wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:54 pm
Esooa wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:38 pm I'm going to write a progression case on why c4 is town to pocket him
wolfy inconsistency
c4e5g3d5
Drug Dealer

Post by c4e5g3d5 »

c4e5g3d5 wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:51 pm
This is what caught my eye in particular. So oddly specific that he thought the fact that he put LHF in italics would make that meaning clear. So oddly specific that I think he actually thought that meaning was clear. Obviously it's still a thought he could have and try to say as scum, but this post makes me think that in general he's trying and failing to communicate effectively which is probably towny for reasons that I refuse to put effort into finding rn.
Damnit I put effort into it. It's just... the fact that he thought he could put something in italics to say it was a thought and have everyone understand where he's coming from... is really naive and really pure. Makes me think the rest of his solving is real.
c4e5g3d5
Drug Dealer

Post by c4e5g3d5 »

Esooa wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:55 pm
c4e5g3d5 wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:53 pm
Obviously
c4e5g3d5 wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:54 pm
wolfy inconsistency
No, you see, I'm denying future pockets. You've still past pocketed me.
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

okay

acceptable
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

I wish syndicate had a good light theme. Idk why but the dark theme literally makes stuff feel ominous and imposing. The light theme feels open and welcoming.

lol
c4e5g3d5
Drug Dealer

Post by c4e5g3d5 »

The way Alison keeps latching onto minutiae looks like a townie looking for an easy answer too soon more than actually trying to push an agenda, think it's a good look. Someone familiar with Alison tell me if this is AI.
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

I thought what you were describing was lightly towny but her overall bad push was lightly scummy. I was considering waiting on giving a (kinda?) town read on mansnicks to see if she reevaluated normally or anything. I gave the town read regardless and Alison had nothing to really say about it but also didn't reevaluate which I didn't like
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

mansnicks wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:53 pm
Alison wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:45 pm My strongest townread is actually on c4 because he's a little skeptical of the mansnicks push but doesn't try to defend mansnicks. Skepticism = paranoia, no defense = no agenda (either way), and I think it's a flavor combination that's not trivial to fake.
This great read imho.
Trying to pocket Alison? Nice.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

which to be fair it maybe wasn't the best explained but I think my point at least came across and she had the opportunity to ask more about it but instead called it nai
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

falcon what is your mansicks read
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

c4 what's your approach to this game? Also, do you like playing scum?
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

for some reason people always ask what do I mean by approach

you've previously expressed stuff like not being listened to as much as you want, wondering why you're scum read so much as town, etc

is there any particular way you're trying to navigate this game to address those?
c4e5g3d5
Drug Dealer

Post by c4e5g3d5 »

Esooa wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 8:08 pm c4 what's your approach to this game? Also, do you like playing scum?
Approach: say stuff, do stuff, repeat
As I said, my last scum game is ancient, so I probably can't answer that second one accurately, but I had lots of fun in my scum game so I'll say yes for now.
c4e5g3d5
Drug Dealer

Post by c4e5g3d5 »

Esooa wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 8:11 pm for some reason people always ask what do I mean by approach

you've previously expressed stuff like not being listened to as much as you want, wondering why you're scum read so much as town, etc

is there any particular way you're trying to navigate this game to address those?
Yes, calm tf down
c4e5g3d5
Drug Dealer

Post by c4e5g3d5 »

c4e5g3d5 wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 8:11 pm
Esooa wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 8:11 pm for some reason people always ask what do I mean by approach

Yes, calm tf down
As in that's my approach not me telling you to
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 11
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Esooa wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:51 pm mansicks had a tonal shift after I called him out that I found interesting

he went from a tone of appeasement to antagonizing

I'd guess scum!mansnicks trying to be jokey and such in thread would continue that and not push me on page 2 just because I scum read him lightly

however I'm also a bit confused by the tonal shift regardless and will be thinking about it more
:evileye: You are confused by a tonal shift of a new player that started lighthearted and got accused and voted in the first page? How is that confusing? How is that interesting? It's a very normal reaction. {vote]Esooa[/vote] You're just getting revved up, but I can see your wolfy engine growling.
mansnicks wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:09 pm
Alison wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:06 pm Also can you link me all the forum games you've played please?
Ohh, really? You sure?
Yeah.. would be NICE if people sent you their past games so you can READ THEM, right?

It really would, I agree. :llama:
Scum Game
Scum Game
Town Game
Town Game
3p Game
Seanzie wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:24 pm So from what I gather, everyone except Alison is derpcleared, and Alison is 3p, right? Sounds like the game is mostly wrapped up then, so I'mma just go collect some pollen and make some honey.
That's mean, you're mean. :meany: :pout:
Esooa wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:36 pm game is moving so fast no one will notice I'm gay
what theres gay in this game what
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

lmao
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

c4e5g3d5 wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 8:02 pm The way Alison keeps latching onto minutiae looks like a townie looking for an easy answer too soon more than actually trying to push an agenda, think it's a good look. Someone familiar with Alison tell me if this is AI.
I'm sure Alison having you as her strongest town read doesn't hurt either, m'iright?
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 11
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

[VOTE: esooa] aubergine

Messed up my brackets like a jolly pirate I did

Return to “Previous Heists”