Esooa
Made Man
Posts in topic: 91
Preferred Pronouns: She/her

Re: Bee Mafia [DAY 1]

Post by Esooa »

mansicks is >rand scum if anything
Spoiler: show
I’ll come clean team. I have failed you.
I never expected to survive the night. I was very confused about the char flip and I was on my way to a very hot date. We stayed overnight to celebrate my girl bday and vday weekend. Last thing in my mind was the game... I never submitted an action last night. :doh:
mansnicks
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 51
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by mansnicks »

Esooa wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:20 pm
c4e5g3d5 wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:19 pm
Esooa wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:13 pm
c4e5g3d5 wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:11 pm
Esooa wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:07 pm fucking dying that mansnicks thought I actually answered that because I'm mafia and also because mafia probably is gonna flip some kinda "human"
Such an elaborate fake derp if it is one that I don't think it is.
it's not that elaborate I literally thought of derp clearing myself like that as a joke

but I meant the "what are mafia" question
I mean, it's still really just one thing that he missed, but he comes at it from a bunch of angles at once, first trying to flavor clear me for claiming bee and then this part and then his brief conversation with Nanook, and it all looks real and it's all straight out the gate.
disagree
Objectively, it is a little bit naive derp-clear for sure. But, again, idk anyone so idk how to judge people by their opinions. :puppy:
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 12
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

mansnicks wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:17 pm Ok, back to serious business.

Every person has to be read differently.
Any idea how to do that in a lobby full of strangers? One shouldn't play Mountainous with strangers, it's just random at best imho. xD
RNG baby

That's what I'm gonna do
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 14
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Alison »

Hard claiming Gambee Beemon from Game of Champions 2020. It's a little modified from the original version but still keeps the spirit of it. Here's the basic rundown.

- I offer a permanent abeelity to someone at night. abilities are: sting, pollinate, buzz, flutter, breed, queen, building, and liking jazz

- If my offer is accepted, they gain the abeelity, but I can choose one of two options: either all pollen they obtain get redirected to me the next night OR all honey they make gets redirected to me the next day.

- I fulfil my win condition if the number of people who are in my hive with exceed the number of people who aren't.

I'm gonna offer the same deal that I proposed in GOC. Y'all come up with consensus bees and I'll offer abeelities to them. In exchange I get a free win, you get free pollen, everyone profits.

FAQ
- how do we know you aren't tricking us into some horrible fate???
take it on trust, host read that they aren't going to have a 3Bee nuke half the game in a purported mountainous setup, whatever. In GOC I proposed some tactics to guard against 3P betrayal, you can try those. Yes I know I was hostile 3Bee that game but my tactics were legit.

- what if the mafia soupkills you???
as a bee I have the ability to fly out of soup.

- how do we know you're not mafia pretending to be a 3P???
my plan is pretty clearly laid out to give me a free win while also helping the town out. I fully intend to have "auto" from post 1 and will be putting in close to 0 effort to solve or influence the game from this point on. It doesn't make much strategical sense for me to do that if I'm mafia, especially since it will become too obvious that I'm lying about being 3Bee as the game goes on.

- how do we know you won't kill everyone after you win like the original Gambit Demon did???
Alison killed the game because she was evil and wanted to win. I am not evil. Killing everyone after the town gave me my win is pointless. I have already gotten my win; putting in extra effort is not only meaningless, it actively compromises my ability to make further deals in this vein when I roll 3Bee in the future. It's strictly suboptimal to do that, so you can be pretty sure I won't do it.

make sure to @ me if you want to tell me who your consensus town is or have any questions/comments, since I won't be reading the thread closely.
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
Syn
Hitman
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Syn »

i hate you
ImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage
mansnicks
Stool Pigeon

Post by mansnicks »

c4e5g3d5 signature has the most wrong opinion about scumhunting I can think of.
c4e5g3d5
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 68

Post by c4e5g3d5 »

Shoulda been Gambit Beemon not Gambee Demon you're changing a vowel sound yuck
[VOTE: Alison] aubergine
Progression cases are bad.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 11
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

@Alison sting me baby I'm yours
Alison

Post by Alison »

mansnicks wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:00 pm Hi guys, I hardclaim Bee.
Also, c4e5g3d5 is a confirmed Bee because he claimed first and evils couldn't have know what the VTs are called.

I'm used to playing games where I can attempt to meta-read most of the players - really not sure how to play in a lobby full of strangers. xD

I'm all for the challange, but help a brother out and post your last 3 recent town and mafia games, ty. =)

Ok now to try and understand this site..

Ohh and also im playing another game on the side, it may or may not become relevant depending on how active this game will be.
How much experience do you have with mafia?
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

mansicks hard claimed bee before saying c4 was town for it, meaning he's aware it's a "town" thing to do

mansicks has played before and should know mafia would be aware of the flavor

if not it's trivially easy to figure it out considering the game state

so why didn't mansicks figure it out? especially with the apparent focus on derp clear esque stuff (voting me, nanook)

like I just don't believe it's a derp clear and I think the way mansicks accepted your town read for it was scummy
I never expected to survive the night. I was very confused about the char flip and I was on my way to a very hot date. We stayed overnight to celebrate my girl bday and vday weekend. Last thing in my mind was the game... I never submitted an action last night. :doh:
mansnicks
Stool Pigeon

Post by mansnicks »

Alison wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:27 pm Hard claiming Gambee Beemon from Game of Champions 2020. It's a little modified from the original version but still keeps the spirit of it. Here's the basic rundown.

- I offer a permanent abeelity to someone at night. abilities are: sting, pollinate, buzz, flutter, breed, queen, building, and liking jazz

- If my offer is accepted, they gain the abeelity, but I can choose one of two options: either all pollen they obtain get redirected to me the next night OR all honey they make gets redirected to me the next day.

- I fulfil my win condition if the number of people who are in my hive with exceed the number of people who aren't.

I'm gonna offer the same deal that I proposed in GOC. Y'all come up with consensus bees and I'll offer abeelities to them. In exchange I get a free win, you get free pollen, everyone profits.

FAQ
- how do we know you aren't tricking us into some horrible fate???
take it on trust, host read that they aren't going to have a 3Bee nuke half the game in a purported mountainous setup, whatever. In GOC I proposed some tactics to guard against 3P betrayal, you can try those. Yes I know I was hostile 3Bee that game but my tactics were legit.

- what if the mafia soupkills you???
as a bee I have the ability to fly out of soup.

- how do we know you're not mafia pretending to be a 3P???
my plan is pretty clearly laid out to give me a free win while also helping the town out. I fully intend to have "auto" from post 1 and will be putting in close to 0 effort to solve or influence the game from this point on. It doesn't make much strategical sense for me to do that if I'm mafia, especially since it will become too obvious that I'm lying about being 3Bee as the game goes on.

- how do we know you won't kill everyone after you win like the original Gambit Demon did???
Alison killed the game because she was evil and wanted to win. I am not evil. Killing everyone after the town gave me my win is pointless. I have already gotten my win; putting in extra effort is not only meaningless, it actively compromises my ability to make further deals in this vein when I roll 3Bee in the future. It's strictly suboptimal to do that, so you can be pretty sure I won't do it.

make sure to @ me if you want to tell me who your consensus town is or have any questions/comments, since I won't be reading the thread closely.
Lengthly troll post, but why though? Don't confuse the Bees :fist:
c4e5g3d5
Drug Dealer

Post by c4e5g3d5 »

mansnicks wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:28 pm c4e5g3d5 signature has the most wrong opinion about scumhunting I can think of.
I mean, there is such a thing as a good progression case. It's just that nobody ever writes one.
Alison

Post by Alison »

How much experience do you have mansnicks?
mansnicks
Stool Pigeon

Post by mansnicks »

Alison wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:29 pm
mansnicks wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:00 pm Hi guys, I hardclaim Bee.
Also, c4e5g3d5 is a confirmed Bee because he claimed first and evils couldn't have know what the VTs are called.

I'm used to playing games where I can attempt to meta-read most of the players - really not sure how to play in a lobby full of strangers. xD

I'm all for the challange, but help a brother out and post your last 3 recent town and mafia games, ty. =)

Ok now to try and understand this site..

Ohh and also im playing another game on the side, it may or may not become relevant depending on how active this game will be.
How much experience do you have with mafia?
Maybe 10 games? Feels like 5 tbh. Objectively more, but it's with stuff like Assasin in the Palace or Trust Fall or Everyone's VT and the first to figure it out wins.
c4e5g3d5
Drug Dealer

Post by c4e5g3d5 »

Esooa wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:30 pm mansicks has played before and should know mafia would be aware of the flavor

Disagree on these two, the procedure isn't universal and there was barely a game state at all at the time. Point on softening the derptell taken, though.
c4e5g3d5
Drug Dealer

Post by c4e5g3d5 »

food brb
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

sorry, not game state but flavor.. like it's bee mafia
mansnicks
Stool Pigeon

Post by mansnicks »

where's ISO buttons?
Alison

Post by Alison »

If it was 1 or 2 games I'd lock you town.

Anything above 3 and I'd lock you mafia.

[VOTE: mansnicks] aubergine
Esooa
Made Man

Re: Bee Mafia [LOCKED - PRE-GAME]

Post by Esooa »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:30 pm
Day 1

The bees of the Syndicate Beehive pride themselves on the quality of their honey. They may not produce the most liquid gold in the land, but they're not gonna put their stamp on anything that's not top notch, you can rest assured of that!

There are some out there, however, that would seek to bring them down, topple their honey empire. And still there are others that just like eating honey and have no respect for the hard work of bees. In a time of peril, the Syndicate Bees must band together to rid themselves of threats both internal and external.

It is Day 1. You have 48 hours to sting somebody.
like you can read half a sentence from this and learn town is bees lmao
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 11
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Esooa wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:30 pm mansicks hard claimed bee before saying c4 was town for it, meaning he's aware it's a "town" thing to do

mansicks has played before and should know mafia would be aware of the flavor

so why didn't mansicks figure it out? especially with the apparent focus on derp clear esque stuff (voting me, nanook)

like I just don't believe it's a derp clear and I think the way mansicks accepted your town read for it was scummy
[VOTE: mansnicks] aubergine
mansnicks
Stool Pigeon

Post by mansnicks »

This is such a strange environment..
falcon45ca
Posts in topic: 21

Post by falcon45ca »

mansnicks wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:36 pm This is such a strange environment..
How so?
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
mansnicks
Stool Pigeon

Post by mansnicks »

falcon45ca wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:37 pm
How so?
I'm used to spending first 1-2 pages everyone calling each other trolls and idiots, and referencing funny posts from past games together - meanwhile these guys jumps to the gun on the slightest weird thing. :haha:
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

falcon lc town lean
mansnicks
Stool Pigeon

Post by mansnicks »

Also
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

mansnicks wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:39 pm
How so?
I'm used to spending first 1-2 pages everyone calling each other trolls and idiots, and referencing funny posts from past games together - meanwhile these guys jumps to the gun on the slightest weird thing. :haha:
a lot of us are more serious players. We're talking about more minor things to start the game
mansnicks
Stool Pigeon

Post by mansnicks »

Free Town Points to anyone listing their last few Town and Mafia games, preferable ISO links.

I still haven't found the ISO buttons. xD
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

mansnicks wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:41 pm Free Town Points to anyone listing their last few Town and Mafia games, preferable ISO links.

would you actually read all those?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Sloonei »

ISO links have been added to the first post.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

Alison what exactly is your read on mansnicks
mansnicks
Stool Pigeon

Post by mansnicks »

Esooa wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:39 pm falcon lc town lean
Why?

You should at least say if it's a quick throw-away gut read, or metaread, or there's an actual reasoning behind it.
You had no trouble giving plenty of explanation towards scumreading a LHF, yet when it comes to townreading the, presumably, better players... what even is that? :haha:
Alison

Post by Alison »

My strongest townread is actually on c4 because he's a little skeptical of the mansnicks push but doesn't try to defend mansnicks. Skepticism = paranoia, no defense = no agenda (either way), and I think it's a flavor combination that's not trivial to fake.
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

mansnicks wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:43 pm
Why?

You should at least say if it's a quick throw-away gut read, or metaread, or there's an actual reasoning behind it.
You had no trouble giving plenty of explanation towards scumreading a LHF, yet when it comes to townreading the, presumably, better players... what even is that? :haha:
why call yourself lhf?
mansnicks
Stool Pigeon

Post by mansnicks »

Esooa wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:40 pm a lot of us are more serious players. We're talking about more minor things to start the game

This is contradicting yourself withing 1minute imo. :eek:
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

How so?
weak read on falcon but while mansicks was getting pressure falcon asked a question clearly intending to get more out of mansicks, in a good way. not sure how to say exactly

lc town lean because he entered the thread with a naked vote. Weird move for a mafia imo. No explanation, not pushing himself, it's basically the subtlest form of agreement, and I feel like mafia want their actions to be more known
Alison

Post by Alison »

Esooa wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:43 pm Alison what exactly is your read on mansnicks
My read is that trying to clear someone for knowing that the town are bees is something that you'd probably do if you were very new to FM, especially if you came from a site meta where "quote your role card" is a legitimate solving strategy (thinking of Among Us and naming common tasks, etc.). I think after 3 or 4 games there's no longer any question that you'd realize why it was wrong, especially since you'd be playing those games with other players and they'd instruct you that those strategies are incorrect.

Hence my comment that if mansnicks played 1-2 FM games in the past they're probably town and if they played more than a few FM games they're scum trying to fake the derptell behavior that probably got them townread in their first few games.
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

Alison wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:47 pm
Esooa wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:43 pm Alison what exactly is your read on mansnicks
My read is that trying to clear someone for knowing that the town are bees is something that you'd probably do if you were very new to FM, especially if you came from a site meta where "quote your role card" is a legitimate solving strategy (thinking of Among Us and naming common tasks, etc.). I think after 3 or 4 games there's no longer any question that you'd realize why it was wrong, especially since you'd be playing those games with other players and they'd instruct you that those strategies are incorrect.

Hence my comment that if mansnicks played 1-2 FM games in the past they're probably town and if they played more than a few FM games they're scum trying to fake the derptell behavior that probably got them townread in their first few games.
do you have anything to say about his posts since then?
Alison

Post by Alison »

Also how do you know what LHF means but don't know that you can't use flavor claims to break the game?
mansnicks
Stool Pigeon

Post by mansnicks »

Esooa wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:45 pm
mansnicks wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:43 pm
Why?

why call yourself lhf?
That's how I imagined you viewed me, which was, in my mind, an important part of your thoughts process in your decision making.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Esooa wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:47 pm
Alison wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:47 pm

do you have anything to say about his posts since then?
Yes, my opinion is that their use of the :haha: emoji is scummy.
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

mansnicks wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:47 pm
Esooa wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:40 pm a lot of us are more serious players. We're talking about more minor things to start the game

This is contradicting yourself withing 1minute imo. :eek:
I answered with two paragraphs. I'm on mobile so I don't type it all immediately, plus it's fun to see who wants to ask me more. Any reason you're being particularly antagonistic about this?
mansnicks
Stool Pigeon

Post by mansnicks »

Alison wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:47 pm Also how do you know what LHF means but don't know that you can't use flavor claims to break the game?
Answered?
Syn
Hitman
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Syn »

emoji scum tells here we go

ugh emoji

emoticon
ImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

mansicks had a tonal shift after I called him out that I found interesting

he went from a tone of appeasement to antagonizing

I'd guess scum!mansnicks trying to be jokey and such in thread would continue that and not push me on page 2 just because I scum read him lightly

however I'm also a bit confused by the tonal shift regardless and will be thinking about it more
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

Syn wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:50 pm emoji scum tells here we go

ugh emoji

emoticon
:dark:
mansnicks
Stool Pigeon

Post by mansnicks »

Esooa wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:42 pm
mansnicks wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:41 pm Free Town Points to anyone listing their last few Town and Mafia games, preferable ISO links.

would you actually read all those?
ofc not all, but as the game goes on, I'd look up some to make decisions yes.
Without having even the slightest idea of a players metagame - reading them is just a fools attempt and is random honestly.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Esooa wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:51 pm mansicks had a tonal shift after I called him out that I found interesting

he went from a tone of appeasement to antagonizing

I'd guess scum!mansnicks trying to be jokey and such in thread would continue that and not push me on page 2 just because I scum read him lightly

however I'm also a bit confused by the tonal shift regardless and will be thinking about it more
I read it as more defensive than antagonizing and think it's NAI
Alison

Post by Alison »

Syn wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:50 pm emoji scum tells here we go

ugh emoji

emoticon
My emoji scum tells are very serious business.
mansnicks
Stool Pigeon

Post by mansnicks »

Alison wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:45 pm My strongest townread is actually on c4 because he's a little skeptical of the mansnicks push but doesn't try to defend mansnicks. Skepticism = paranoia, no defense = no agenda (either way), and I think it's a flavor combination that's not trivial to fake.
This great read imho.

Return to “Previous Heists”