Total votes: 11
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 363

Re: Anniversary Game 4 - Staff vs AtE D2

Post by Dyslexicon »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 7:07 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 7:00 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 6:57 pm dizzy said some stupid things and also maybe turned on after the dolby kill, moonwink is just off a bit, probably shouldn't be picking fights with me either, seems somewhat out of position
What are the stupid things I said? I would not deny that I said stupid things. How does it make me mafia? I did turn more on after the dolby kill, motivation wise, I guess. I also was around after that and not before.
I don't really think you're mafia but I'm following play patterns here. I'm thinking about the boq/tsp line but I just haven't really gotten a sense of how you're approaching the game yet, your statements feel a bit lost. Time for this to change, it's just been an hour or so
Oh wow. Imagine being lost if you're town and don't know who the fuck is mafia. Very suspicious.

Anyway. I honestly don't remember what the Boq/TSP connection was, but probably a combination of town reading others and some sort of interaction or how you treat each other/place each other. It's like, a thought.

I've tried to be pretty clear about how I approach this game: As little as possible =p

No. But I'm just doing my best. :noble:
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 6:57 pm dizzy said some stupid things and also maybe turned on after the dolby kill, moonwink is just off a bit, probably shouldn't be picking fights with me either, seems somewhat out of position
What are the stupid things I said? I would not deny that I said stupid things. How does it make me mafia? I did turn more on after the dolby kill, motivation wise, I guess. I also was around after that and not before.
I don't really think you're mafia but I'm following play patterns here.
Also, what does this mean?
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 55
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

it means my vote is being placed by a part of me that isn't aligned with my intuitions but isn't necessarily unserious
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Dyslexicon wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 7:12 pm
I don't really think you're mafia but I'm following play patterns here. I'm thinking about the boq/tsp line but I just haven't really gotten a sense of how you're approaching the game yet, your statements feel a bit lost. Time for this to change, it's just been an hour or so
Oh wow. Imagine being lost if you're town and don't know who the fuck is mafia. Very suspicious.

Anyway. I honestly don't remember what the Boq/TSP connection was, but probably a combination of town reading others and some sort of interaction or how you treat each other/place each other. It's like, a thought.

I've tried to be pretty clear about how I approach this game: As little as possible =p

kinda, find wolves
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 142

Post by Spacedaisy »

I don't know why I said I am correct in there. I feel an explanation is needed because this kind of stuff will probably happen. Thyroid affects the brain in all kinds of fun ways. one of those ways is your attention to detail and focus. Sometimes my fingers can't keep up with my brain and I skip words in sentences. Sometimes my fingers go into autopilot and type a similar word or idea. So if something I say is confusing, please let me know and I can probably clear it up. Chances are good I just made a thyroid brain mistake.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Moonwink
The Mark
Posts in topic: 81
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers/herself
Aka: Hyena

Post by Moonwink »

Spacedaisy wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 7:12 pm
Moonwink wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 7:05 pm I think the townread on SpaceDaisy is overblown. At most, she's probably a townlean -- good content, but lack of impact/presence in the game. She's in a position where she can just slip on by without people questioning her. Keep an eye on her.
FWIW, I agree it's overblown. I voted a civ Day 1, and my read on Jack was off. Dolby wasn't even on my radar. Since I know it's correct, might I suggest that if you think it's overblown, and I am correct that maybe you should be asking why they are so sure about me being town?

EBWOP: Ah, finally you talk to me! So what do you think it would tell you if he rejected it? Or what do you think his response to it told you about him?
Yeah, sorry that I waited this long to give you a poke. I had less info on Violet and Tony, so I was gonna wait to talk to you until I finished messing with them.

As for Epi, I thought it would be scum-indicative if he flat out rejected it. If he accepted it, that would require him to help us make it far into the game, and while I think he'd be willing to do that with you, I think he has other plans for me (specifically, getting my yeeted at some point in the near future). However, the way he responded to me makes me doubt my own expectations now. I think I'd still be willing to agree to this gameplan with you and him, but I'm gonna rescind my offer to him soon.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Moonwink wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 7:18 pm
Moonwink wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 7:05 pm I think the townread on SpaceDaisy is overblown. At most, she's probably a townlean -- good content, but lack of impact/presence in the game. She's in a position where she can just slip on by without people questioning her. Keep an eye on her.
FWIW, I agree it's overblown. I voted a civ Day 1, and my read on Jack was off. Dolby wasn't even on my radar. Since I know it's correct, might I suggest that if you think it's overblown, and I am correct that maybe you should be asking why they are so sure about me being town?

EBWOP: Ah, finally you talk to me! So what do you think it would tell you if he rejected it? Or what do you think his response to it told you about him?
Yeah, sorry that I waited this long to give you a poke. I had less info on Violet and Tony, so I was gonna wait to talk to you until I finished messing with them.

As for Epi, I thought it would be scum-indicative if he flat out rejected it. If he accepted it, that would require him to help us make it far into the game, and while I think he'd be willing to do that with you, I think he has other plans for me (specifically, getting my yeeted at some point in the near future). However, the way he responded to me makes me doubt my own expectations now. I think I'd still be willing to agree to this gameplan with you and him, but I'm gonna rescind my offer to him soon.
It's fine, it just was starting to feel a little dodgy to me and it was sending me down paranoid lane that I might getting set up to look bad if you flipped mafia.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 7:16 pm it means my vote is being placed by a part of me that isn't aligned with my intuitions but isn't necessarily unserious
Alright
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 7:16 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 7:12 pm

kinda, find wolves
Yeah. Rico probably.
Moonwink
The Mark

Post by Moonwink »

Spacedaisy wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 7:21 pm
Moonwink wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 7:18 pm

It's fine, it just was starting to feel a little dodgy to me and it was sending me down paranoid lane that I might getting set up to look bad if you flipped mafia.
I get that. Right now, assuming you're town, I think mafia is just going along with the consensus and calling you their top town. If you don't get nightkilled (and I highly suspect that mafia isn't going to night kill you), watch out for people who try to turn on you after calling you a confident townread early on in the game. I can't count the number of times mafia has tried to do this to me. XD
robyn
screaming
Posts in topic: 246
Preferred Pronouns: they/them

Post by robyn »

[VOTE: Trebuchet] aubergine
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Boquise wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 1:19 am
Epignosis wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 12:55 am Day 1 Mafia in a vacuum is Spacedaisy, Dyslexicon, and Ricochet.
Agree.
Boquise wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 4:33 pm Overall rainbow. Tiers are ranked.

Epi

Spacedaisy
Lucy

Dizzy
Moonwink
Violet

Boquise
Ricochet
TonystarkPrime
@Boquise Can you explain what the story is here? Because I literally didn't speak at all between those two posts so I didn't do anything to change your mind.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

I'm impartial to tsp and rico lynches tbh, but boq and dizzy are bad votes atm, I'm curious how a moon vote would pan out
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

I find it hard to believe Boq and Epi would be teammates with the level and kind of interaction between them. I feel like if there is wolf there, it's probably only one of the two.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

Boquise
7%
Voters: Epignosis
Dolby
No votes
Voters: None
Dyslexicon
7%
Voters: TonyStarkPrime
Epignosis
No votes
Jackofhearts2005
No votes
lucy
No votes
Moonwink
No votes
Ricochet
14%
Voters: Dyslexicon, lucy
Spacedaisy
No votes
TonyStarkPrime
14%
Voters: Moonwink, Boquise
Violet
No votes
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

feels like an important vc
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

2,000 posts
Moonwink
The Mark

Post by Moonwink »

lucy wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 7:30 pm I'm impartial to tsp and rico lynches tbh, but boq and dizzy are bad votes atm, I'm curious how a moon vote would pan out
Permission granted to test out. <3 Might motivate me to stop playing lazy at least.
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

[VOTE: Moontwink] aubergine
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

gamestate feels good tbh, I don't think I'm misreading boq or epi, I'll make a readslist later but those r my locktown
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

I was just going back to read Rico to see if I could understand where people's feelings on him were coming from and I had a thought I'd like us to discuss.

The day vig shot he and Dizzy won.

If Rico and Dizzy were mafia together, I don't see them not using it.
To my mind the fact it didn't get used means at least one of them is civ. I don't think it's likely they are wolf together.

@Dyslexicon @Ricochet Can you guys talk at all about what coordinating that was like? Did you decide together to holster or could you not agree on a target?
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

Spacedaisy wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 7:44 pm I was just going back to read Rico to see if I could understand where people's feelings on him were coming from and I had a thought I'd like us to discuss.

The day vig shot he and Dizzy won.

If Rico and Dizzy were mafia together, I don't see them not using it.
To my mind the fact it didn't get used means at least one of them is civ. I don't think it's likely they are wolf together.

@Dyslexicon @Ricochet Can you guys talk at all about what coordinating that was like? Did you decide together to holster or could you not agree on a target?
no shot existed
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

OR did they use it and I missed it?
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

I'm super confused, clearly I missed something
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

Spacedaisy wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 7:46 pm I'm super confused, clearly I missed something
they lied about it
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

baiting a hook, not a real day kill
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Re: Anniversary Game 4 - Staff vs AtE D1

Post by Spacedaisy »

Dyslexicon wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:36 pm
Dolby wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:35 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:33 pm
Dolby wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:32 pm hey Dizzy

1. has that kill gone through yet ?
2. when is the deadline for it?
3. is ricochet still around?
Do you have suggestions? He'll be around
still in catchup mode. don't really have suggestions for who rather as much as who not but we do match to an extent anyway. would argue towards one of the three wagons just on a basis of them having votes, though i don't see any of the three as having mutual exclusivity towards each other
Thanks. It was a lite anyway. We don't have a shot.

@TripleHaven Is the reason you never commented on who to shoot that you and Rico are mafia, so you knew it was bs anyway? :grin:
Ah I see, here it is.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

I misunderstood what Dizzy had said in that series of posts, I thought they were saying that they won BTSC in order to coordinate the supposed shot. Lord people, don't make it more confusing for than it already is.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

Spacedaisy wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 7:49 pmBTSC

this is masons/neighborhood right?
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Yeah, Behind the scenes communication
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Moonwink
The Mark

Post by Moonwink »

I'm gonna self-meta just a bit -- I think I wouldn't be feeling lazy and would be having more fun chaosposting if I were a wolf right now.
Moonwink
The Mark

Post by Moonwink »

[VOTE: Epi] aubergine
Moonwink
The Mark

Post by Moonwink »

Moonwink wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:13 pm [VOTE: Epi] aubergine
I'm not voting for him for anything he has posted, I think -- it's more about the game state and how others are treating him right now.
Moonwink
The Mark

Post by Moonwink »

On the other hand, it does feel like people are genuinely not outting their real reads (just like me) and keeping their cards close to their chests.
Moonwink
The Mark

Post by Moonwink »

Alright, I'll out another two real reads then.

I think the townreads on Epi are overblown, too. Probably more so than SpaceDaisy.
I think the scumreads on Ricochet are overblown, and the only reason I'm even considering yeeting them today is because I don't know who else I'd go after right now.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Moonwink wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:19 pm Alright, I'll out another two real reads then.

I think the townreads on Epi are overblown, too. Probably more so than SpaceDaisy.
I think the scumreads on Ricochet are overblown, and the only reason I'm even considering yeeting them today is because I don't know who else I'd go after right now.
I don't have a townread on Epi. He used to be the one player who scared me when I was mafia because he always accurately read me and didn't trust his own read. But him reading me mafia when I'm town makes me wary of him.

I don't think both Boq and Epi are wolves together. Of the two, I trust Boq less.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

That seemed unclear looking at it now.

I'm not sure I trust Epi right now.

I think I trust Boq less.

I need to go back and see who else is townreading me.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 27
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

SOD flips have been updated
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

fuck
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

a day whatever conf town and a vig died
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

wait does an inherited role mean whoever killed phraze was town?
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

wait no roles are independent of alignment
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 147

Post by Epignosis »

lucy wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 2:38 am epi gets a stronger tr for actually solving, I disagree with the boq vote though
Dolby wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:32 pm
Epignosis wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 8:58 pm At this moment I'm not voting for Rico, Spacedaisy, Martin, or Trips.

I'm currently fine with my present vote.
and it becomes a bit yikers. Still think that Epi is town but not vibing with this townlist
"Epi is good, but his opinions all suck."

Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Ricochet wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 2:38 am
Epignosis wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 12:55 am Day 1 Mafia in a vacuum is Spacedaisy, Dyslexicon, and Ricochet.
Is the BTSC prize even logical, mechanic-wise, if it would place two wolves in a hood? Town me with Dizzy sheeping at most.
If you won BTSC, what did you learn about Dyslexison?

What did Dyslexicon learn about you?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 10:44 am I'm also partially chalking it up to you playing this game a little differently than how my mental image of you would play it, which I'm currently chalking up to you mellowing with old age over you being a wolf (this may change but I don't really feel it)
:why:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 11:16 am Good luck have fun happy anniversary o7
I am equally happy that mafia got blasted as I am that I don't have to figure out Jack.

Good man. :beer:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Moonwink wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 1:08 pm
Epignosis wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:19 pm
Moonwink wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 8:44 pm @Epignosis I still wanna form, like, a group of people to work with that includes you and SpaceDaisy, because I do genuinely believe that at most one of you is wolf (worst case scenario), if any at all (best case scenario). Do you have a pair of people that doesn't include us three that probably aren't scum together?
For future reference, mentioning me isn't necessary because I prefer to read the thread in chronological context, so I'll get to your post when I arrive at it, promise. I know you (and lucy below) don't know that about me, so I wanted to respond as soon as I could.

To answer your question, my mind doesn't work like that, and certainly not this early. Although I'm not altogether sure what you're asking for, since why would you want to work with me and Spacedaisy if one of us is bad? What does "work with" mean here?
Alright, got'cha on that first point.

Regarding the second, what I mean by "work with" is listening to and helping to push any theories you've got on the game unconditionally. And the reason why I'd want to work with you and Spacedaisy even if one of you is bad is because if there ISN'T mafia among us three, mafia will have to kill one of the three of us eventually since we'd be unconditionally working with each other and not questioning each other's alignment. It's similar to what I was doing with Dizzy D1 -- I tried just calling them unconditionally town and encouraged people to do the same in hopes to bait mafia to kill them N1.

Speaking of which...

@Dyslexicon Are you lowposting now because of me? :3
I understand you, and I understand the strategy, but I don't operate that way. I will turn on your ass in a second if I even think I found a spider web in a barn somewhere that said "Moo." :mafia:

I also don't care about trying to manipulate the Night kill outside of specific strategies that don't apply here.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Boquise wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 3:38 pm
Epignosis wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 11:33 pm Well shit. That was fast.

[VOTE: Dolby] aubergine
Epignosis wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 11:41 pm Nah, I rescind that vote. I think I'm misreading Dolby something fierce. [VOTE: Unvote] aubergine
I can easily see a town motivation behind all of this, for what it's worth. From the same school as Epignosis, for the Syndicate folks in the crowd.
I don't know your alignment. Regardless, we should have a beer one day.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Old age suits you
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Moonwink wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:15 pm
Moonwink wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:13 pm [VOTE: Epi] aubergine
I'm not voting for him for anything he has posted, I think -- it's more about the game state and how others are treating him right now.
How others are treating me right now? Really?

You’re literally throwing right now Moonwink. @NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

now now no need to react harshly

Return to “The Syndicate's 10-Year Anniversary Festival”