NANOOK
No votes
Neon
18%
Porscha
9%
No one
No votes
It's just the one killer, actually. (Host/dead/non-player)
73%

Total votes: 11
obscurity
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 542
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his
Aka: Oscar

Re: Hot Fuzz Mafia [Day 4]

Post by obscurity »

nah they could be easily. someone like NOOK feeds Ruri a decent claim. he does a weak reaction test then softball clears her for her reaction. which, she never pushed back at NOOK or said to clear NOOK, she said to kill Rondo.
obscurity
Corrupt Union Official

Post by obscurity »

all that said it's somewhat realistic to imagine that the Rondo kill was a doc dodge. But why doc dodge kill rather than kill the doc? "MLable" or not, if you feel the need to doc dodge kill, that would stop you from needing to in the future, plus it's not like anyone's really pushing Ruri.
Schiavetto
The Mark
Posts in topic: 102
Preferred Pronouns: any/all

Post by Schiavetto »

to take a step back here, my point about the anne question isn't that it's not valid (which is why i answered it), it's that it's the sort of question that reads like it was asked for the sake of asking a question, not for the sake of solving

like, you said i haven't done much since dropping a "big catchup" post (sorry, nothing personal, i just find this wording really funny given what it's actually referring to) when really i haven't had a substantial presence at all this game - even said catchup post was just page-by-page impressions, very little actual synthesis.

i have a very hard time taking "what other things? what more urgent lines of inquiry?" seriously because like...
low content slot, middling levels of investment, EOD vote record looks weird at a glance. there are all kinds of ways to unpack that.

but "what does schia think about anne?" is certainly one of them i guess!

obscurity
Corrupt Union Official

Post by obscurity »

it seems like the kill targets are people who regularly play on this site.. who would have the biggest motive to make those kills and why?

i'm trying to explore multiple angles while i can.
Schiavetto
The Mark

Post by Schiavetto »

obscurity wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:29 am it seems like the kill targets are people who regularly play on this site.. who would have the biggest motive to make those kills and why?

i'm trying to explore multiple angles while i can.
does anyone ever call you Obscar or oscurity
obscurity
Corrupt Union Official

Post by obscurity »

my name is Oscar irl so they call me that.. but no =p
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 358

Post by DrWilgy »

[VOTE: Schivetto ] aubergine for now.

Falcon is also fine.

I took a real deep dive on Ruri. Very long and insightful read. I've learned the secrets of the universe and reality. The Cosmos beckoned and Ruri's ISO answered the call.

tl;Dr: Obscurity might just be right and I'm giving too much credence to Nook's gimmick. I still don't think we yeet Ruri before Nook though.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Schiavetto
The Mark

Post by Schiavetto »

Feed me, Seymour
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Schiavetto wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 3:24 pm doc dodge read felt Fine

i have zero objections to lucy/jackwagons today
Like, fr, Schivetto you have like 2 more hunting posts than Ruri and this post perpetuating the momentum on Jack with no further data is just kinda gross.
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Schiavetto
The Mark

Post by Schiavetto »

Okay.
Schiavetto
The Mark

Post by Schiavetto »

Do you think I'm scum?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Schiavetto wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:45 am Do you think I'm scum?
I think I have arguments at least for others to be town. I don't have the slightest clue as to your headspace.

Plus a Rondo kill into "push Jack" just fits as to what I'd expect of the wolf.

I'd call Falcon lv 1 and you lv 1.15.

Perhaps fill me in on your thoughts? What makes Jack a good yeet?
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Idk if I should have to ask a town for that, but w/e. People play Mafia weird.
Image Image Image
Schiavetto
The Mark

Post by Schiavetto »

I think you made a hasty vote on a player you thought would be easy to send over and your most recent post is cleanup
obscurity
Corrupt Union Official

Post by obscurity »

That sounds a bit unfair. Wilgy's POV makes sense there to me even if I see NOOK as the person pushing Jack in bad faith over you.
Schiavetto
The Mark

Post by Schiavetto »

I think it's weird to say I'm "pushing Jack", taking as basis a post where I passively said I was fine with either lucy or Jack going over, with my vote on lucy, while saying nothing of the post where I actually do out a small issue with the Jackison slot, then asking why Jack is a good lim
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 186
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

obscurity wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:23 am nah they could be easily. someone like NOOK feeds Ruri a decent claim. he does a weak reaction test then softball clears her for her reaction. which, she never pushed back at NOOK or said to clear NOOK, she said to kill Rondo.
Based on a misunderstanding, though.

Reframe it this way. Nook does a goofy push on Ruri. Ruri reacts to it in a super limp way to the point that she has a big wagon and Nanook is still pushing her even after her claim (and me, for some reason I still don't understand but whatever).

I guess that could have been a way to setup a bus or distance. In a Nanook/Ruri/Sabi/??? world, w!Nanook might feel the need to do that. I'm bad at telling "I am a wolf and I am pushing to misyeet a townie" apart from "I am a wolf and I am gonna bus the shit out of my mostly inactive partner" because they are both agenday pushes for a real yeet. That said, my line of thinking on Ruri's claim still stands so if Ruri is town, this isn't what's happening.

No results. Pushing submit anyway because the most important part of not getting yeeted is continually showing your townie mindset. :noble:
Schiavetto
The Mark

Post by Schiavetto »

Which is less to say that I've gone into substantial detail on that front or that it's a nonsense question, and more to say that the circumstances of your having asked it are funny lol
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Schiavetto wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:37 am Feed me, Seymour
We need to hangout more on discord. I like your style a lot. Don't let that enter into your read on me, here.
Schiavetto
The Mark

Post by Schiavetto »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:52 am
Schiavetto wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:37 am Feed me, Seymour
We need to hangout more on discord. I like your style a lot. Don't let that enter into your read on me, here.
Facts on facts.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Schiavetto wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:49 am I think you made a hasty vote on a player you thought would be easy to send over and your most recent post is cleanup
You say hasty when I'm pretty sure it's less than half day to EoD?

Also do you think I should've not poked you with a vote? I believe you said in your ISO that you don't mind being yeeted.

What makes the following posts cleanup? I stated very clearly that I had no memory of you, putting you in null. Saw that big block of text that felt long winded for no data which warranted that I vote you, voted you, then ISO'd you to see if it was valid, then put my conclusions out there.
Image Image Image
obscurity
Corrupt Union Official

Post by obscurity »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:51 am
obscurity wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:23 am nah they could be easily. someone like NOOK feeds Ruri a decent claim. he does a weak reaction test then softball clears her for her reaction. which, she never pushed back at NOOK or said to clear NOOK, she said to kill Rondo.
Based on a misunderstanding, though.

Reframe it this way. Nook does a goofy push on Ruri. Ruri reacts to it in a super limp way to the point that she has a big wagon and Nanook is still pushing her even after her claim (and me, for some reason I still don't understand but whatever).

I guess that could have been a way to setup a bus or distance. In a Nanook/Ruri/Sabi/??? world, w!Nanook might feel the need to do that. I'm bad at telling "I am a wolf and I am pushing to misyeet a townie" apart from "I am a wolf and I am gonna bus the shit out of my mostly inactive partner" because they are both agenday pushes for a real yeet. That said, my line of thinking on Ruri's claim still stands so if Ruri is town, this isn't what's happening.

No results. Pushing submit anyway because the most important part of not getting yeeted is continually showing your townie mindset. :noble:
So I do see NOOK as much more likely mafia than Ruri here, though.
obscurity
Corrupt Union Official

Post by obscurity »

One of the things I also note against NOOK is some of the interactions from Sabi's side are weird. Like she points out him self-voting EOD1 in a way that showed she was hyper aware of him, and I'm not sure she would've been as aware of a villager in that circumstance.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

pxxy's iso is hard for me to read. Like...as a player who hasn't played with pxxy who is distracted by kids and work.
Schiavetto
The Mark

Post by Schiavetto »

DrWilgy wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:54 am
Schiavetto wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:49 am I think you made a hasty vote on a player you thought would be easy to send over and your most recent post is cleanup

Also do you think I should've not poked you with a vote? I believe you said in your ISO that you don't mind being yeeted.

What makes the following posts cleanup? I stated very clearly that I had no memory of you, putting you in null. Saw that big block of text that felt long winded for no data which warranted that I vote you, voted you, then ISO'd you to see if it was valid, then put my conclusions out there.
Right, hence my asking if you think I'm a wolf

"Cleanup" in the sense that it reads like you're trying to have one foot in the policy vote column & the other in the wolf column with either outcome resulting in a mislim
DrWilgy

Re: Hot Fuzz Mafia [Day 2]

Post by DrWilgy »

Schiavetto wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 3:10 pm jack vote is fine. creature mixup makes sense in the context of this from jack
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 3:46 pm And @falcon45ca @Schiavetto @porscha don't think I'm leaving you out of this. You don't know what to do!

You don't know whether to cheer or boo Lilypetal. You don't know whether to cheer or boo Ruri.

I'm curious. Who do you think that affects? You think that affects Lilypetal? You think that affects Ruri?

No!

It affects me, the only champion who has votes, the person who deserves to not be yeeted and to have his reads followed EACH AND EVERY DAY! And I am SICK! I am SICK OF NOT GETTING THE RESPECT I DESERVE! :mad:
which feels like your standard ~*~*~rule of three~*~*~ junk
Alright, so this is the post right?

Creature mixup has no meaning to me, care to elaborate?

Voting Jack for using a triplet is scummy. Rule of 3 is a yoke and I've never seen it catch scum.
Image Image Image
obscurity
Corrupt Union Official

Post by obscurity »

how many in Falcon/lucy/Ruri/NOOK/Seanzie?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Schiavetto wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:57 am

"Cleanup" in the sense that it reads like you're trying to have one foot in the policy vote column & the other in the wolf column with either outcome resulting in a mislim
I can policy yeet a wolf. :shrug:

Yeah, you and Falcon fall in a policy category. I may even move my vote to Falcon after flipping through ISO as determining which of the needed yeetables the better.

Perhaps make your headspace more clear to me?

Also there's an air of OMGUS here that rubs me wrong, but I get that may be vibe.
Image Image Image
Schiavetto
The Mark

Post by Schiavetto »

DrWilgy wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:57 am
Schiavetto wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 3:10 pm jack vote is fine. creature mixup makes sense in the context of this from jack
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 3:46 pm And @falcon45ca @Schiavetto @porscha don't think I'm leaving you out of this. You don't know what to do!

You don't know whether to cheer or boo Lilypetal. You don't know whether to cheer or boo Ruri.

I'm curious. Who do you think that affects? You think that affects Lilypetal? You think that affects Ruri?

No!

It affects me, the only champion who has votes, the person who deserves to not be yeeted and to have his reads followed EACH AND EVERY DAY! And I am SICK! I am SICK OF NOT GETTING THE RESPECT I DESERVE! :mad:

Voting Jack for using a triplet is scummy. Rule of 3 is a yoke and I've never seen it catch scum.
I'm not voting Jack.

Creature had said earlier that I was on the lilypetal wagon, which I was not, and I cited this post from jack as a possible reason for his thinking so.

I don't stand by rule of three as a hard and fast rule (not even remotely, was hoping the stars had made the tongue-in-cheek sufficiently clear, guess not) but the premise behind it, tossing names together to dilute associatives/fluff up posts is like

a thing that happens lol
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

obscurity wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 11:01 am how many in Falcon/lucy/Ruri/NOOK/Seanzie?
I mean, Falcon, again, I think can be aligned anywhere so this is a hard one.

I really don't think I've miscleared Ruri, Lucy, or Seanzie incorrectly yet.
Image Image Image
Schiavetto
The Mark

Post by Schiavetto »

DrWilgy wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 11:03 am

Yeah, you and Falcon fall in a policy category. I may even move my vote to Falcon after flipping through ISO as determining which of the needed yeetables the better.

Also there's an air of OMGUS here that rubs me wrong, but I get that may be vibe.
sorry i reserve the right to be both LHF villy and poke at malformed progressions on my slot
obscurity
Corrupt Union Official

Post by obscurity »

i don't really feel like anyone should be cleared, i feel like with the kills, we should be raising the bar for what is needed to towntell. we are objectively not in a terrible position as long as it's 1 kill each night. when i see lucy post i find it a little towny but i don't forget she was on the radar of all the dead people and there are some sabi posts that make me think her being mafia isn't out of the realm of possibility. i am treating today as a new day, mostly.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Schiavetto wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 11:04 am

No!

I'm not voting Jack.

Creature had said earlier that I was on the lilypetal wagon, which I was not, and I cited this post from jack as a possible reason for his thinking so.

I don't stand by rule of three as a hard and fast rule (not even remotely, was hoping the stars had made the tongue-in-cheek sufficiently clear, guess not) but the premise behind it, tossing names together to dilute associatives/fluff up posts is like

a thing that happens lol
The insistence that one has to vote to push is flawed.

Wait so not even this post was AI indicative? I'm pretty sure I don't understand your point then.

I still don't know, from your perspective, what makes Jack a fine yeet option.
Image Image Image
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

No!

That's cause it's an after the fact teammate tell.

Like if we knew Jack was scum, we assume one of Falcon, Schia, Porscha is scum. Scum don't make groups of three. Scum feel the need to mix their partners into lists of townies at about a rate of 1 out of every 3 players.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Schiavetto wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 11:06 am
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 11:03 am

sorry i reserve the right to be both LHF villy and poke at malformed progressions on my slot
Ok, but when I point out that you thinking it's malformed doesn't even come across clearly, why should I put a weight in these thoughts?
Image Image Image
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

I don't feel like Schia is "badly pushing Jack" though. And I'm an expert at that kinda thing.
obscurity
Corrupt Union Official

Re: Hot Fuzz Mafia [Day 1]

Post by obscurity »

I don't think that the Jack thing is a tell in how it's formatted at all but -
Sabiplz wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:53 pm
Scotty wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:29 pm
Sabiplz wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 3:10 pmI'm bored
2.5 hours til EoD and I RaNdOmLy put mac into the lead with 3 votes.

What are the top 3 players you would be willing to vote for today, sabi?
Mac, Rondo, lucy and maybe cape.

Cape has felt towny lately ish so I'm swinging back and forth
I could genuinely see Sabi feeling compelled to put a partner here (in the 3rd position especially seems bad), which is a point against Lucy to me.
Schiavetto
The Mark

Post by Schiavetto »

I'm not saying vote = push; you said "voting Jack for using a triplet is scummy" and I reaffirmed that I am not voting Jack.

I think said post is word salad, looks like Jack pulled names and idm if he goes over.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Lol iirc, those were players off wagon at the time.
Schiavetto
The Mark

Post by Schiavetto »

Like, if you want to see an actual game where w!Schia had to set up for a Jack mislim without outright pushing for the slot or outing partner in the process, you can read my semifinal - it's only 20some odd posts, very light reading [x]
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Schiavetto wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 11:16 am Like, if you want to see an actual game where w!Schia had to set up for a Jack mislim without outright pushing for the slot or outing partner in the process, you can read my semifinal - it's only 20some odd posts, very light reading [x]
Oh so you're the one I should blame for that? I've been blaming...*checks notes*...everyone.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Schiavetto wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 11:13 am I'm not saying vote = push; you said "voting Jack for using a triplet is scummy" and I reaffirmed that I am not voting Jack.

I think said post is word salad, looks like Jack pulled names and idm if he goes over.
Alright, fair, but semantics.

That's a read I can understand. Why did it feel that I had to go argue just to get it? If you are town then the information wasn't upfront for no reason and I suppose I can entertain you legitimately having issue with my progression. W, then the information had to be created as I poked you and you disliked that I did so.
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Schiavetto wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 11:16 am Like, if you want to see an actual game where w!Schia had to set up for a Jack mislim without outright pushing for the slot or outing partner in the process, you can read my semifinal - it's only 20some odd posts, very light reading [x]
How do you ISO on MU?
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

But the vibe.

"I low post and vibe as I go, I don't mind if I die"

"How could Wilgy possibly have a W progression on me?"

Bah
Image Image Image
Schiavetto
The Mark

Post by Schiavetto »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 11:14 am Lol iirc, those were players off wagon at the time.
That makes some sense - I still like my comfy little vanity wagons though<3
obscurity
Corrupt Union Official

Post by obscurity »

Can I get some opinions on my observation on Sabi I just quoted?

Like when a wolf is asked for who they may vote, throwing a partner into a third position like that makes sense.. most wolves probably aren't bold enough not to include any partners?
Schiavetto
The Mark

Post by Schiavetto »

DrWilgy wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 11:20 am
Schiavetto wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 11:13 am I'm not saying vote = push; you said "voting Jack for using a triplet is scummy" and I reaffirmed that I am not voting Jack.

Alright, fair, but semantics.

That's a read I can understand. Why did it feel that I had to go argue just to get it? If you are town then the information wasn't upfront for no reason and I suppose I can entertain you legitimately having issue with my progression. W, then the information had to be created as I poked you and you disliked that I did so.
Semantics are like, pretty important lol. Especially where voting records are concerned. Lmao.

But yeah, as I said. Not the fact of being poked that skeeved me, was the manner of it.
Schiavetto
The Mark

Post by Schiavetto »

DrWilgy wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 11:24 am But the vibe.

"I low post and vibe as I go, I don't mind if I die"

"How could Wilgy possibly have a W progression on me?"

Bah
Just so we're clear, I absolutely do mind if I die.
DrWilgy

Re: Hot Fuzz Mafia [Day 1]

Post by DrWilgy »

obscurity wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 11:13 am I don't think that the Jack thing is a tell in how it's formatted at all but -
Sabiplz wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:53 pm
Scotty wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:29 pm
Sabiplz wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 3:10 pmI'm bored
2.5 hours til EoD and I RaNdOmLy put mac into the lead with 3 votes.

What are the top 3 players you would be willing to vote for today, sabi?
Mac, Rondo, lucy and maybe cape.

Cape has felt towny lately ish so I'm swinging back and forth
I could genuinely see Sabi feeling compelled to put a partner here (in the 3rd position especially seems bad), which is a point against Lucy to me.
I will still argue against Rule of 3 catching wolves.
Image Image Image
obscurity
Corrupt Union Official

Post by obscurity »

What about 4 :eyes:

Return to “Previous Rackets”