Moderator: Community Team

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 388

Re: King of the Hill Mafia

Post by MacDougall »

staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:41 pm
MacDougall wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:40 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:34 pm maybe im getting pocketed by lily too easily lol, i just wasnt expecting her to vote a name that the majority of the thread had been townreading and who would be reasonably "scary" to go up against as a wolf and then explicitly ask me NOT to vote with her or join her on the wagon
I agree
are u pocketing me
is it working?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

lucy wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:42 pm
MacDougall wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:41 pm
lucy wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:36 pm this is gonna be a true hell game, but I have a plan
that makes one of us
you really aren't focused lol, I think ik what ur doing though
that makes one of us
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Neon wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:06 pm
MacDougall wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:25 pm
Alison wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:24 pm
Alison wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:21 pm Mac knows me to be an absolutist person, a principled player, and who plays very rigidly by a strict set of rules and policies. It beggars belief that he would find it hard to conceive of me thinking hypocrisy is wolfy just because he personally finds it to be townie. He isn't trying to authentically evaluate whether or not I believe in my scumread on him; he's just interested in discrediting my push and making me look bad or wrong.

[VOTE: MacDougall] aubergine
Actually nah.

[VOTE: Neon] aubergine

I'll give him a day pass to produce a pelt.
lol called it
Am I lhf scummy town :(
well you are sometimes prone to having slanky town games no?

not saying that typifies who you are as a person at all
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Alison wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:45 pm I think mafia is >rand to be coasting/slanking right now because this threadstate is ideal for it. There is a general sense of low energy, lots of people aren't playing much or are playing very shallowly (fluffy one liners and dip), and most players seem aimless. Even people like Mac and Seanzie who are usually WIM powerhouses don't seem motivated. This is the sort of game where people just kick back and eat popcorn in the mafia chat knowing they cannot be held accountable for doing nothing when half the game is.

So I am just gonna start killing slankers.
see this is why you can't measure alison on results anymore lol
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Seanzie wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:54 pm
Alison wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:45 pm I think mafia is >rand to be coasting/slanking right now because this threadstate is ideal for it. There is a general sense of low energy, lots of people aren't playing much or are playing very shallowly (fluffy one liners and dip), and most players seem aimless. Even people like Mac and Seanzie who are usually WIM powerhouses don't seem motivated. This is the sort of game where people just kick back and eat popcorn in the mafia chat knowing they cannot be held accountable for doing nothing when half the game is.

So it's you/Boq/??? and your plan to powerwolf and yeet people who are playing "suboptimally" didn't work, so now you have to try to save Boq by going for LHF?

Did I read between the lines correctly?
i know you will never townread me or accept it but you have my sword lol
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

falcon45ca wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:04 pm I've had All You Can Eat Pizza, 5 shots, 2 beers, and a lil bit o" THC (to the tune of 13 Nights of Christmas)

So, what's haps peeps? I'm old, but still hip
so you're mafia?
Lilypetal
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 723
Preferred Pronouns: she/her
Aka: lily

Post by Lilypetal »

@Neon

talk to me abt the game

who is your top town read?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

there are players who are being all "look at me im a city" and probably are

such as Staypositivefriend, Arogame

then there are players who are like, just a city even though they are trying to look like a rainforest

such as Seanzie, Falcon, Neon

then there are players who straight up don't look like a city to me and don't seem like they can figure out how to even look like one and/or i can't even tell if they are trying to look like one

such as Lily, Porscha

then there are players who are trying really hard to look like a city but you can still see the ditto face

such as Alison and especially Creature

then there are players who aren't trying to do anything in particular and that makes probably a city but ya never know cuz that's just who they are

such as Nanook, Lucy

then there are players i actually haven't really tried to analyse

such as Boquise, Jack, MissSparkles
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 289

Post by Alison »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:23 pm

So it's you/Boq/??? and your plan to powerwolf and yeet people who are playing "suboptimally" didn't work, so now you have to try to save Boq by going for LHF?

MacDougall wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:22 pm

In quote 1 you seem to assume I am mafia. In quote 2 you seem to assume I am town.

Explain.
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

That is all to say my POE is

Alison
Creature
+ 1 of Lily/Porscha/Boq/Jack/Sparkles
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Alison wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:32 pm
MacDougall wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:23 pm

MacDougall wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:22 pm

In quote 1 you seem to assume I am mafia. In quote 2 you seem to assume I am town.

Explain.
that's true in both of those quotes i was handling you as though your alignment is different
Alison

Post by Alison »

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

in one of them i was all "hey look seanzie is going after my scumread i enjoy this" and in quote 2 I am going "you can't hold alison killing town against them because their entire playstyle is "kill everything that looks scummy"

i wouldn't say that I was "assuming" you are town in the latter so much as just pointing out that if you manage to kill a "slanker" today and they flip town I wouldn't hold that specific fact against you
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

i don't really think there is much to gain from this boq wagon tbh
Alison

Post by Alison »

If you think I am scum and you think I am pushing town slankers then you are necessarily suggesting that I can be read on results no?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

i don't think the mafia are looking at this boq wagon and going

if Boq is a wolf - "oh no boq is wagoned we're doomed"

if Boq is town - "hell yeah boq mischop opportunity"

ergo there isn't really anything I think I can glean from it outside of maybe boq's reaction themselves telling me something about their alignment

but also probably not because boq is too good to really read that way
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Alison wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:37 pm If you think I am scum and you think I am pushing town slankers then you are necessarily suggesting that I can be read on results no?
Alison would you push to kill slankers as either alignment in this exact scenario?
Alison

Post by Alison »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:39 pm
Alison wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:37 pm If you think I am scum and you think I am pushing town slankers then you are necessarily suggesting that I can be read on results no?
Alison would you push to kill slankers as either alignment in this exact scenario?
I would, and when I am town those slankers would be a lot more likely to flip mafia.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

What this amounts too is you went from "nah give mac 1 day pass and let him find pelt" back to voting me because;

I left room in my solve for you to be town doing bad things

at least that's how I'm viewing this, tell me how I am wrong?
Alison

Post by Alison »

I don't know why you are resisting the narrative that I can be read on results so hard. If you think I am wolf then it is a narrative that forces me to bus or be outed... shouldn't you be all over it? Why do you even think it's wrong when I have had excellent results as town in our recent games?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Alison wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:41 pm
I would, and when I am town those slankers would be a lot more likely to flip mafia.
when, not because/given?

so if you would push to kill slankers in all scenarios, how is me pointing out that you shouldn't have your align measured by the results of your determination to kill slankers not a reasonable thought to have? it's quite fair minded of me considering i suspect you i would say
Alison

Post by Alison »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:41 pm What this amounts too is you went from "nah give mac 1 day pass and let him find pelt" back to voting me because;

I don't know if I'm going to keep voting you because I still believe in a D1 pass on you. But I voted you initially because you treated me in a very disparate way, you aren't playing like how you usually play at all (and not in a good way), and when I pressed you on it the first thing you said was a joke answer. You have explained yourself fully now and I am pressing you on the explanation because I don't get why you're so eager to resist the idea I can be read on results.
Alison

Post by Alison »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:43 pm
when, not because/given?

so if you would push to kill slankers in all scenarios, how is me pointing out that you shouldn't have your align measured by the results of your determination to kill slankers not a reasonable thought to have? it's quite fair minded of me considering i suspect you i would say
Yes, you're asking me about the differences of the results of my pushes as each alignment. When I am mafia and I push to kill slankers those slankers all flip town and I go "sorry nothing I coulda done they were zeroposters". When I am town and I push to kill slankers, they flip mafia a decent amount. Not all the time but a solid amount I think.

I think it's fair to consider Alison saying "let's kill slankers" to be NAI by itself. I don't think it's fair to insinuate that those slankers that I kill flip town at the same rate regardless of my alignment.
falcon45ca
Posts in topic: 48

Post by falcon45ca »

Lilypetal wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:06 pm anyway @falcon45ca @MissSparkles @Seanzie @Boquise i have never played with any of u all before unless im forgetting something so i would like to talk about the game and get your vibes before this day phase is over
Sure, tho my vibes have often been described as a dash of Socratic method, mixed with a generous scoop of tequila & DMT

Mac is off, Alison is not town but not wolf, Porscha is feelin' a tad pockety, and Boq feels fucky as I've previously mentioned.

My ISOs are short n sweet as a rule, do you have any specific questions re: what I've posted?
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
Boquise
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 462
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself

Post by Boquise »

Porscha wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:15 pm
Boquise wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 1:18 pm normally people who make these sort of silly reads on me are rand>town.
They usually feel very proud of themselves and tunnel me until I get misyeeted in F3 tbh

it is happening again etc

anyway, i will town read Seanzie. I was wrong with Annulus in anni but eh. Wrong once is not a biggie with that tbh
can't / won't explain why but I greatly dislike this post
Ikr, it is a very unpleasant curse tbh
Alison

Post by Alison »

Alison wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:41 pm I don't know why you are resisting the narrative that I can be read on results so hard. If you think I am wolf then it is a narrative that forces me to bus or be outed... shouldn't you be all over it? Why do you even think it's wrong when I have had excellent results as town in our recent games?
I want you to answer this beacuse it is at the core of my concerns with the way you have been trying to characterize me in this game.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Alison wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:41 pm I don't know why you are resisting the narrative that I can be read on results so hard. If you think I am wolf then it is a narrative that forces me to bus or be outed... shouldn't you be all over it? Why do you even think it's wrong when I have had excellent results as town in our recent games?
Why would town mac resist the narrative that you can be read on results?

Well let me point out that I more meant to imply that I wouldn't bury you if you kill town, which is because I am being reasonable about the fact that you killing slankers and them flipping town is far from alignment indicative for you.

But given a chance to think about it, I also wouldn't clear you simply for killing a mafia either because ruthlessly bussing a wolf day 1 in a mountainous game is game theory optimal and is something you also would do anyway.

So tl;dr:

1 - Killing town slankers doesn't make you a wolf
2 - Killing wolf slankers doesn't make you a town

And so to reiterate, you snap voted me and "suspect" me, because;

a) I wouldn't give you credit simply for bussing. When bussing is entirely within your wolfrange.
b) I wouldn't bury you if you incidentally killed a town.

So essentially your read on me is pure nonsense and demonstrative of you not actually really thinking about your read on me beyond the optical result of it.
Boquise
Money Launderer

Post by Boquise »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:39 pm
Porscha wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:33 pm lol

what do you think of boquise
I like him as a friend.
Aww!
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Alison wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:49 pm
I want you to answer this beacuse it is at the core of my concerns with the way you have been trying to characterize me in this game.
well that's a load of shit because you've been pushing me since way before this even became a thing
Boquise
Money Launderer

Post by Boquise »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:40 pm
Porscha wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:37 pm
Porscha wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:37 pm
MacDougall wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:36 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 5:41 pm
MacDougall wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 5:02 pm Alison is a wolf in this game I think.

I think Lilypetal is also a wolf.

I think the third is probably like ... Seanzie?
Why is Alison a wolf?
it doesn't matter nobody is going to chop her on fay 1 for reasons I give
true
but you should give your reasons anyway in case you get ml'd or nk'd
the way she is making matter of fact reads such as "these three players are town" with no reasoning offered, on slots it is sub optimal for Alison to be shielding because they are not >rand town slots anyway indicates Alison is not legitimately trying to sort alignments and is more interested in making people feel a way
I think this is a townie reasoning tbh

However i know that i am prone to town read people for having thought processes i can follow and that they sound... sound. And it isn't like wolves can't be logical sound.

But i will see it as a town lean on Mac
staypositivefriend
Hitman
Posts in topic: 758

Post by staypositivefriend »

i'm mixed on alison's actual content and am withholding judgement on her slot until i see results (ie: i think that she's probably town in a world where neon is mafia, and i perceive a world where neon is mafia to be a reasonable possibility). i wouldn't put her above anything other than null right now

aro has had a few moments that raised my eyebrows and i am mildly worried about clearing him too easily, but i think that his overall depth of thought/the complexity behind his thought processes/the way he is going after multiple people without seeming to care how he is perceived by others (ie: him pressuring me/mac), and the general way he has been flip-flopping between multiple views at once all make me feel like he is probably just town that is not burdened with TMI

in a similar sense, i think that the "messiness" of boq's scumhunting (like him accusing seanzie and then accusing lucy back to back and then nitpicking my read on seanzie even as he was positioning himself to push on seanzie) is likely to be town indicative i for him. i will note that i do not really know how to read boq's specific playstyle but i do not take any real issue with his posts and i would not be interested in killing him today unless he gets significantly wolfier

i've waffled back and forth on creature a couple of times but i think that he's likely to be town. i've seen creature as a wolf exactly once and he was good at making posts that felt towny In The Moment but his overall solving/investment in playing was weak and it was obvious that he was playing from a position of TMI. i dont really feel the same way about his play here - he has been ebbing and flowing in his reads (like jumping btwn being paranoid of me then townreading me for scumreading lily and then getting paranoid of me again) in a way that makes me feel like he is probably uninformed

i do not know how to read falcon and i hate the majority of the posts that he has made today, if i'm being blunt. i would not kill him because alison feels strongly that he is town and she is likely either correct or correctly TMI'ing him as a villager

the few posts jack has made have been pretty rough but i would like to give him a chance to get his head into the game before i make any judgement calls

i thought lily started off looking kind of awful but then she responded extremely well to my pressure on her to the extent that i find it very difficult to see her being mafia. i also generally like how her tone/overall attitude shifted once i pressured her and i found it very believable

lucy i don't really know. i was getting townvibes from her last night but it's mostly just because she felt relaxed in the thread. i struggle to read her playstyle and i do not realistically think anything she has done is alignment indicative

mac feels kind of directionless and lost in comparison to most towngames ive seen from him but i think he's still posting in a way that is closer to his towngame than his wolfgame. if he is town then i expect this read to grow with confidence as the game goes on because i am reasonably confident in my ability to read mac correctly

i thought miss sparkles accusing nanook of TMI'ing her was like kind of maybe towny but then it had diminishing returns the more she posted about it and she hasn't posted anything else i find alignment indicaitve

i don't really think nook has towntold but i also anticipate that i'll be able to find him in the near future if he is town

neon's posts are very bad and i think it's possible she is just a frozen wolf and the sole amount of ppl who are pushing on her makes me think the wolves might be trying to get bus cred because they think she's going to flip in the near future. i don't have much else to say about her and think my time is best spent exploring elsewhere rn

porscha hasn't really towntold at all but also idk how to read her

seanzie had an awkward start but then he started towntelling for reasons i explained on p#518 and dont feel like typing again
staypositivefriend
Hitman

so i guess the only players i couldnt immediately find any reasons to say anything good about are alison, falcon, jack, lucy, miss sparkles, nook, neon, and porscha

ok
Boquise
Money Launderer

Post by Boquise »

However i think the slots Alison have been (at that time at least) townie, so I disagree with those parts in Mac's post tbh
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Alison wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:43 pm
MacDougall wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:41 pm What this amounts too is you went from "nah give mac 1 day pass and let him find pelt" back to voting me because;

I don't know if I'm going to keep voting you because I still believe in a D1 pass on you. But I voted you initially because you treated me in a very disparate way, you aren't playing like how you usually play at all (and not in a good way), and when I pressed you on it the first thing you said was a joke answer. You have explained yourself fully now and I am pressing you on the explanation because I don't get why you're so eager to resist the idea I can be read on results.
I have played this way in many games you've been a part of. I am sure there are those in this game that can attest to that fact. So you're making things up. This way being "fuck around for the first half of day 1". Like if anything this is my most common form. The way you're reacting to it is a real head scratcher and is making it very difficult for me to even humour you as town.
Alison wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:46 pm
MacDougall wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:43 pm
when, not because/given?

Yes, you're asking me about the differences of the results of my pushes as each alignment. When I am mafia and I push to kill slankers those slankers all flip town and I go "sorry nothing I coulda done they were zeroposters". When I am town and I push to kill slankers, they flip mafia a decent amount. Not all the time but a solid amount I think.

I think it's fair to consider Alison saying "let's kill slankers" to be NAI by itself. I don't think it's fair to insinuate that those slankers that I kill flip town at the same rate regardless of my alignment.
I did not say that.
Alison

Post by Alison »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:49 pm

Well let me point out that I more meant to imply that I wouldn't bury you if you kill town, which is because I am being reasonable about the fact that you killing slankers and them flipping town is far from alignment indicative for you.

But given a chance to think about it, I also wouldn't clear you simply for killing a mafia either because ruthlessly bussing a wolf day 1 in a mountainous game is game theory optimal and is something you also would do anyway.

So tl;dr:

a) I wouldn't give you credit simply for bussing. When bussing is entirely within your wolfrange.

So essentially your read on me is pure nonsense and demonstrative of you not actually really thinking about your read on me beyond the optical result of it.
There are like 5 slankers I could put heat on. I wouldn't be pressured to choose my teammate to bus at all... unless people start expecting me to be right. That is the crux of what I am saying. If I am mafia which you claim to believe then you are actually forcing me to bus by holding me up to the standard that you expect me to get results.

You have done this over and over in previous games... "I'll just sheep Alison here, if she's town she's probably correct and if she's mafia she'll feel compelled to give a correct read anyway". I question why your stance this game suddenly changed, not in the face of me being very wrong as town, but in the face of me being recently very right. (And very "wrong" when I am scum, as in Halvorsen Ridge and Spec Chat Warrior.)

So no, I'm not snap voting you because you wouldn't give me credit/bus me. I am voting you because you have been playing unlike your town self all game and have taken a stance on me that is both anti town and doesn't match with how you have treated me in the past.
Boquise
Money Launderer

Post by Boquise »

I dont really see how i have accused Seanzie or Lucy tbh
Boquise
Money Launderer

Post by Boquise »

Yes i only read my paragraph :wowee:
Alison

Post by Alison »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:50 pm
Alison wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:49 pm
well that's a load of shit because you've been pushing me since way before this even became a thing
Then I relented and gave you a D1 pass, then you started up with this shit and I snap voted you.
Boquise
Money Launderer

Post by Boquise »

Boquise wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:53 pm However i think the slots Alison have been defending (at that time at least) townie, so I disagree with those parts in Mac's post tbh
Ebwop
staypositivefriend
Hitman

falcon45ca wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:16 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:12 pm i think i'll make a reads list summarizing where i'm at in like 2 hours or so
I think I'll win the lottery, but that don't make it so. What will you actually do?

You've already mentioned being caught up on the thread
i would like to thank u for making this post because it motivated me to make a readslist out of passive aggressiveness
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:53 pm i'm mixed on alison's actual content and am withholding judgement on her slot until i see results (ie: i think that she's probably town in a world where neon is mafia, and i perceive a world where neon is mafia to be a reasonable possibility). i wouldn't put her above anything other than null right now

aro has had a few moments that raised my eyebrows and i am mildly worried about clearing him too easily, but i think that his overall depth of thought/the complexity behind his thought processes/the way he is going after multiple people without seeming to care how he is perceived by others (ie: him pressuring me/mac), and the general way he has been flip-flopping between multiple views at once all make me feel like he is probably just town that is not burdened with TMI

in a similar sense, i think that the "messiness" of boq's scumhunting (like him accusing seanzie and then accusing lucy back to back and then nitpicking my read on seanzie even as he was positioning himself to push on seanzie) is likely to be town indicative i for him. i will note that i do not really know how to read boq's specific playstyle but i do not take any real issue with his posts and i would not be interested in killing him today unless he gets significantly wolfier

i've waffled back and forth on creature a couple of times but i think that he's likely to be town. i've seen creature as a wolf exactly once and he was good at making posts that felt towny In The Moment but his overall solving/investment in playing was weak and it was obvious that he was playing from a position of TMI. i dont really feel the same way about his play here - he has been ebbing and flowing in his reads (like jumping btwn being paranoid of me then townreading me for scumreading lily and then getting paranoid of me again) in a way that makes me feel like he is probably uninformed

i do not know how to read falcon and i hate the majority of the posts that he has made today, if i'm being blunt. i would not kill him because alison feels strongly that he is town and she is likely either correct or correctly TMI'ing him as a villager

the few posts jack has made have been pretty rough but i would like to give him a chance to get his head into the game before i make any judgement calls

i thought lily started off looking kind of awful but then she responded extremely well to my pressure on her to the extent that i find it very difficult to see her being mafia. i also generally like how her tone/overall attitude shifted once i pressured her and i found it very believable

lucy i don't really know. i was getting townvibes from her last night but it's mostly just because she felt relaxed in the thread. i struggle to read her playstyle and i do not realistically think anything she has done is alignment indicative

mac feels kind of directionless and lost in comparison to most towngames ive seen from him but i think he's still posting in a way that is closer to his towngame than his wolfgame. if he is town then i expect this read to grow with confidence as the game goes on because i am reasonably confident in my ability to read mac correctly

i thought miss sparkles accusing nanook of TMI'ing her was like kind of maybe towny but then it had diminishing returns the more she posted about it and she hasn't posted anything else i find alignment indicaitve

i don't really think nook has towntold but i also anticipate that i'll be able to find him in the near future if he is town

neon's posts are very bad and i think it's possible she is just a frozen wolf and the sole amount of ppl who are pushing on her makes me think the wolves might be trying to get bus cred because they think she's going to flip in the near future. i don't have much else to say about her and think my time is best spent exploring elsewhere rn

porscha hasn't really towntold at all but also idk how to read her

seanzie had an awkward start but then he started towntelling for reasons i explained on p#518 and dont feel like typing again
i agree with all of this except i think neon is probably town but not with much confidence

everything else is reasonable

and im specifically trying to avoid getting drawn into being my usual self because i dont want/cannot continue to spend so much time on mafia and the lengths to which i have to go to get "cleared" are stupid, and being cleared in every game is meh anyway
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Boquise wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:55 pm I dont really see how i have accused Seanzie or Lucy tbh
well "accused" might be a mild overstatement but im talking about the sequence of posts where you called seanzie wolf for the way he was posting and then called lucy wolfy for backing you up on seanzie being wolfy even though u were calling seanzie wolfy yourself
Alison

Post by Alison »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:54 pm
I have played this way in many games you've been a part of. I am sure there are those in this game that can attest to that fact. So you're making things up. This way being "fuck around for the first half of day 1". Like if anything this is my most common form. The way you're reacting to it is a real head scratcher and is making it very difficult for me to even humour you as town.

[snip]

I did not say that.
I am not scumreading you for fucking around, I am scumreading you for the way you have approached my slot this game.

You did not say that my pushes flip town at different rates depending on my alignment? Then what do you mean by "Alison can't be read on results"? Because if my alignment is correlated to how often my pushes flip town/mafia then I can definitely be read on results yeah?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Alison wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:55 pm
MacDougall wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:49 pm

So tl;dr:

There are like 5 slankers I could put heat on. I wouldn't be pressured to choose my teammate to bus at all... unless people start expecting me to be right. That is the crux of what I am saying. If I am mafia which you claim to believe then you are actually forcing me to bus by holding me up to the standard that you expect me to get results.

You have done this over and over in previous games... "I'll just sheep Alison here, if she's town she's probably correct and if she's mafia she'll feel compelled to give a correct read anyway". I question why your stance this game suddenly changed, not in the face of me being very wrong as town, but in the face of me being recently very right. (And very "wrong" when I am scum, as in Halvorsen Ridge and Spec Chat Warrior.)

So no, I'm not snap voting you because you wouldn't give me credit/bus me. I am voting you because you have been playing unlike your town self all game and have taken a stance on me that is both anti town and doesn't match with how you have treated me in the past.
I think you're conflating the way I treat you with the way you treat me actually. I've rarely actually done that and certainly not lately.

And whether or not I'm correct my current feelings are you've been more wrong in recent games than you usually are so the points you're trying to make that stem from "I've been excellent" aren't really relevant sadly.
staypositivefriend
Hitman

mac if neon is town then who do u think we should kill today
☆Princess Abigail☆
Posts in topic: 279
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by ☆Princess Abigail☆ »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:21 pm
Neon wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:06 pm
MacDougall wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:25 pm
Alison wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:24 pm
Alison wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:21 pm Mac knows me to be an absolutist person, a principled player, and who plays very rigidly by a strict set of rules and policies. It beggars belief that he would find it hard to conceive of me thinking hypocrisy is wolfy just because he personally finds it to be townie. He isn't trying to authentically evaluate whether or not I believe in my scumread on him; he's just interested in discrediting my push and making me look bad or wrong.

Actually nah.

[VOTE: Neon] aubergine

I'll give him a day pass to produce a pelt.
lol called it
Am I lhf scummy town :(
well you are sometimes prone to having slanky town games no?

not saying that typifies who you are as a person at all
Probably yes
Bubbly Magical Girl who loves Caitlin more than anything in the world!

Resident Juice Sipping Icon

ImageImage
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
☆Princess Abigail☆
Posts in topic: 279
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by ☆Princess Abigail☆ »

Lilypetal wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:29 pm @Neon

talk to me abt the game

who is your top town read?
I don't remember what I've half jokingly but totally whole heartedly said my reads were anymore.

So SPF.
Bubbly Magical Girl who loves Caitlin more than anything in the world!

Resident Juice Sipping Icon

ImageImage
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
Alison

Post by Alison »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:59 pm I think you're conflating the way I treat you with the way you treat me actually. I've rarely actually done that and certainly not lately.

And whether or not I'm correct my current feelings are you've been more wrong in recent games than you usually are so the points you're trying to make that stem from "I've been excellent" aren't really relevant sadly.
List the games where I've been more wrong than usual in? I know it isn't Two Kill because you explicitly described that as being "probably my best town game ever". Is it Kid's Birthday Party, where I had a game winning POE on Day 2? Spiritfarer where I stomped the game while yelling at the town to stop tinfoiling SPF and vote out the actual mafia?
robyn
screaming
Posts in topic: 328
Preferred Pronouns: they/them

Post by robyn »

it’s 9pm and i still haven’t slept, woohoo
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Alison wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:58 pm
MacDougall wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:54 pm

[snip]

I did not say that.
I am not scumreading you for fucking around, I am scumreading you for the way you have approached my slot this game.

You did not say that my pushes flip town at different rates depending on my alignment? Then what do you mean by "Alison can't be read on results"? Because if my alignment is correlated to how often my pushes flip town/mafia then I can definitely be read on results yeah?
No I didn't say that your pushes flip town at different rates depending on your alignment. Even if that is strictly true mathematically it's still unredable and you've articulated why yourself at several points.

1. As town, you might kill a town or mafia slanker at probably about a coinflip clip.
2. As mafia, you will probably kill a mafia slanker on day 1 actually more often than a town one quite honestly.

I will add that refusing to believe you can be read on play is asinine because I've read you as mafia for being irrational and pushing with bad logic before and been correct. I don't need to wait and see to read you. If you keep pushing me (or others) for reasons that don't align with archetypal Alison moves then I'm just gonna scumread you.

You don't get the same leisure in your read on me because I have variance to my town play that you don't have sadly.

Return to “Previous Hustles”