Total votes: 10
Achromatic
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 962
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Sir Chris/Chris

Re: ASMRfia [DAY 2]

Post by Achromatic »

Achromatic wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:55 am "achro - makes a few good points but their interactions with others from a broader viewpoint kinda throw me off and I almost feel like there is an agenda that I can't put my finger on, unsure if hallucinating at this point"

Aka

"Wtf is achro doing"

Yup that's town solving alright.

Anyway going to need people to actually d8g into dizzy for me. I am not certain but now from my perspective them going porscha into me if porscha is v feels like chaining mislynches.

I want more discussion and nuance on people's nanook and dizzy takes because the other people aren't contributing so it speaks for itself. Like if anyone ends the day without participating in a meaningful way they can die its totally chill. Up until that point I think we get a lot more from deep diving a bit more into people.

I focused on dizzy a bit but nanook also warrants scrutiny as well.
Sorry bleary eyed in bed. edited the above post to fix a lot of typos.

I will do isos today on a lot of people. My partner got very high last night and demanded I hold her as she tripped and I am not doing isos on mobile.
Sabiplz
<3
Posts in topic: 655
Preferred Pronouns: They them
Aka: Kuti

Post by Sabiplz »

Still sleepy so I will read Porscha stuff later
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 366

Post by Dyslexicon »

@Achromatic What’s your problem with me? Is it specific or nebulous?
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 374
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Scrutinize me daddy
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

I neither can or want to read the thread right now, but switching to Wilgy

Dyslexicon wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:23 am I neither can or want to read the thread right now, but switching to Wilgy
I still think wilgy is >rand town fwiw
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Achromatic
Money Launderer

Post by Achromatic »

Dyslexicon wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:15 am @Achromatic What’s your problem with me? Is it specific or nebulous?
Well, you're one of two people in my PoE who is actually contributing so it puts you in an interesting place where you have a) posted a fair amount and b) I haven't felt really good about any of it. I think Nebulous is a good word for it. A big reason why I want others to dig into you and I want to iso you and see if I can find things I like. My favorite thing to do is to town read everyone in some way because that means I get to level up my suspicion criteria and further sort.

It's just so far I have two active(~) people I feel blah abut, and two people who don't contribute with Wilgy's early mindmeld of me only going so far. The tell as it relates to first time players reading me is so specific and accurate I'd be very surprised if Porscha is anything but v so in my current poe I have four names.

Now, Seanzie needs to get back here or it is what it is but I recall thinking they were very villagery yesterday, with the caveat that I am a metaless man.
Achromatic
Money Launderer

Post by Achromatic »

oh can I not quote directly from ISO?

This is gross.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Achromatic wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:35 am
Dyslexicon wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:15 am @Achromatic What’s your problem with me? Is it specific or nebulous?
Well, you're one of two people in my PoE who is actually contributing so it puts you in an interesting place where you have a) posted a fair amount and b) I haven't felt really good about any of it. I think Nebulous is a good word for it. A big reason why I want others to dig into you and I want to iso you and see if I can find things I like. My favorite thing to do is to town read everyone in some way because that means I get to level up my suspicion criteria and further sort.

It's just so far I have two active(~) people I feel blah abut, and two people who don't contribute with Wilgy's early mindmeld of me only going so far. The tell as it relates to first time players reading me is so specific and accurate I'd be very surprised if Porscha is anything but v so in my current poe I have four names.

Now, Seanzie needs to get back here or it is what it is but I recall thinking they were very villagery yesterday, with the caveat that I am a metaless man.
Ok, werk.

I thought Sean was town D1.
Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

Reading his old games last night, he did have weird interactions with his partners 🤷‍♀️

He had weird ones with Tommy 🤷‍♀️
Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

I'm feeling confident Sean is a hit unless he comes back and becomes super towny
Achromatic
Money Launderer

Post by Achromatic »

Sabiplz wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:52 am Reading his old games last night, he did have weird interactions with his partners 🤷‍♀️

In his town games did he ever have weird interactions with wolves?
Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

Achromatic wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:56 am
Sabiplz wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:52 am Reading his old games last night, he did have weird interactions with his partners 🤷‍♀️

In his town games did he ever have weird interactions with wolves?
I only read two games, one town and one maf. I will keep rereading
Achromatic
Money Launderer

Post by Achromatic »

ISOing Dizzy, let's start with things I thought were good and v and then I will get to things I didn't like. I don't know where this is going exactly but here we go.
Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:26 pm
EnderWiggin wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:17 am
Stupid Sexy Flanders wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:31 am I haven't read pg 5-8 yet but Dislexicon and Lucy kinda sketch
Deciding to scumread two people I townread?

I'm sorry for your rand.
I quite like this from Ender, the way he drops a town read on me here. He's supposed to be "one of ye who can readeth the Dizzy" (although he kind of failed last game, but we all failed last game even though we won in two days lol). Point being, I'd expect him to make a bigger thing of having a read on me as mafia, since he would be more aware of the dynamic and feel like it would be his job as town. And I'd expect him to choose more carefully to either town or mafia read me. So I kind of like how he just drops this without calling attention to it. This may be one of those things that only makes sense to me, but I think it works.

So this is a nice call out of a read on Ender that's subtle, Dizzy specific, and I can get behind. If I am starting Dizzy at exactly null for the purposes of a re-read this is a solidly villagery post.
Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:18 pm
Tommy wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:30 pm Ohhh rondo is a player
This is so weird. We're all players

Pokes at Tommy in a casual way. Vaguely unaligned.
Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:22 pm
Vivax wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:59 am I'm conflicted whether I should indulge Dougall in voting him while thinking he's town. No hammers anyway, so why bother. But maybe a halo will pop out above his head after a certain amount.
EnderWiggin wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:51 am
Vivax wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:50 am
Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:39 am Nice to see you again, @Vivax
Hey there, feeling's mutual. So far in the two games we played together you were one of the rare types I would only hesitantly want to call mafia. Was a nice surprise to see you in the playerlist.
Leaning town here cause you manage to confidently use a fraction of your possible effort while conversing.

Maybe you can help me out with the Rondo, Nook slots and chime in on the current hot potato named DrWilgy making its rounds (which would be my vote if I laid it down currently).
Why not lay down your vote already?
Because I'm a tad tired and burnt out and posting + voting around here makes me feel like I should hold the game to a higher standard, it's taking me a longer time to decide how to wrap up a post.
For no particularly discernible reason except maybe an abundance of interesting players. Or the old-school design of the site having something like a special touch.
I'm posting closer to my mafia meta for that reason. Self conscious something something.
This is very interesting to me, cause my first feeling was that Vivax might be mafia. There was just something "off" or stiff and careful about his posting. I kind of like this even if it's a bit wifom-y. I've liked most of his abstract observations as they seem pretty perceptive similar to how I experienced in their last game. Don't know what their mafia range is or how good they are at replicating these kind of game state/vibe reads. Like Rondo is a dam about to burst etc. I do like Vivax calling attention to this, cause I did feel the slight self conscious thing, and I think most mafia wouldn't go "yeah, I'm self conscious". Probably.
This is a good thought process in isolation as it digs into vivax's mentality in a good way. My only caveat here is I am not sure the statement "I was feeling that Vivax might be mafia" feels earned when I look at other interactions between the two prior to this post:
Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:22 am
Vivax wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:50 am
Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:39 am Nice to see you again, @Vivax
Hey there, feeling's mutual. So far in the two games we played together you were one of the rare types I would only hesitantly want to call mafia. Was a nice surprise to see you in the playerlist.
Leaning town here cause you manage to confidently use a fraction of your possible effort while conversing.

Maybe you can help me out with the Rondo, Nook slots and chime in on the current hot potato named DrWilgy making its rounds (which would be my vote if I laid it down currently).
Interested in what you mean by the orange actually.

I don't think anyone can help you with Rondo. There is no cure for Rondo. In short, I have not been successful in reading him so far in the games I've had with him. I really don't know and I also haven't read his posts lol
Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:29 am
Vivax wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:26 amYou are making it clear that you are not tryharding.
But that doesn't stop you from coming into the thread and just talking your mind out without fear of repercussions.
Can only hope it's not wolf but I prefer to think not.
Right, that's kind of what I thought you meant. I'm a little bit curious how this matches up with your previous experience for me, cause I was very active in that game. But I'm getting into the territory where I have expectations for how you should take things, and that is often not a great way to go about things. Was just curious anyway

I don't know, heading into a fresh topic it feels odd to me that you would say "I had the feeling you might be mafia" because, well, everyone starts with a 22% chance from a town's perspective to be a wolf so I don't know about the overall mentality here. Still like the post in isolation, but want to hear thoughts from people about the dizzy progression and thought process and how that lines up or if its nai or you know, what have you.
Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:09 pm
Achromatic wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:58 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:51 pm I mostly prefer Tommy or Porscha as a chop

I don't really think Porscha calling Sean's read on Mac wrong is a great case against her. I think town easily say stuff like that, and I think she mentioned something about assuming Mac town anyway. I mean, if she's mafia, it probably is TMI, but I don't think it's impossible that she can say that as town. But her posts has been kind of weak and wishy-washy overall. I don't get any will to solve. The problem with Porscha is that if she's town, she is likely to become more obvious later on

Tommy is both PoE and just, he's here, but he's not contributing anything. And what he does post doesn't really give me a new town feel. It doesn't really give me anything tbh. The problem with Tommy is that if he flips and flips town, we're not really getting anywhere. But I think there's also a very decent chance he's just mafia here

In any case, would mostly like to hear more from both Tommy and Porscha
Three hours before the post she said she had no one above null and made no mention of mac in between ;o
No? I went back to look and
Porscha wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:19 pm yeah I guess I TL mac and wilgy right now
kuti seems on par from the MU game I played with her
I'm not a big day 1 player, I find it's really only useful later in the game to retrospectively see how people interacted
Town read on Mac and Wilgy
Porscha wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:23 pm
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:21 pm
Porscha wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:15 pm
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:13 pm
MacDougall wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:03 pm
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:02 pm
put me on the list
Town

Dyslexicon
Sabi

Mafia

Achro
Tommy

POLICY DAY 1 CHOP

Rondo
This is really a waste of time and I am sad that Mac wants to push me so quickly especially when I see him as potential town leader
mac is a town leader regardless of his alignment
only if you accept he is town leader and by how you are talking you have already done so. So you think Mac is town? OR are you happy to let a wolf take the lead and slank?
I don't have a reason to SR mac right now, I usually start most games with him TL'd, so he's gonna do what he's gonna do. my statement about him being a town leader is less about my personal perspective of him, and more about how I think he influences the games he plays
Another town read or assuming him town.
Porscha wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:28 pm
Sabiplz wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:22 pm
Porscha wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:19 pm yeah I guess I TL mac and wilgy right now
kuti seems on par from the MU game I played with her
I'm not a big day 1 player, I find it's really only useful later in the game to retrospectively see how people interacted
@Porscha what about the other players
I don't have a strong enough opinion on anybody else to place them above null. I don't have experience with lucy or achro or tommy, etc. nothing they've said or done strikes me as town or scum

dizzy seemed normal I guess? I have a hard time reading them

I think rondo sounds townie atm so he can go into TL pile
And I guess this is what you're referring to, where she says she doesn't have a strong town read on anybody else

Which is a lot different actually

So I feel it is always townsiding to correct misunderstandings, so I like that Dizzy did this in isolation. I have problems what with they did surrounding this but in isolation this is a pro-town thing to do and helped me understand things better. Dizzy also pinged me when I missed the post originally which I appreciate.
Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:30 pm Sean has a bias for distrust rather than trust. This is why we love him.
This comes off as sincere tbh

(Along with a town read of Seanzie I agree with)

That concludes are good vibes for day one on ISO.

*looks at the many, many tabs I have for negative things*

Well anyway this next post might take awhile lol x)
RondoDimBuckle
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 588
Preferred Pronouns: Rondo/RondoDimBuckle
Aka: Rondo

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

[VOTE: Ender Wiggin ] aubergine
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
I'm not dumb I just don't know things.
Achromatic
Money Launderer

Post by Achromatic »

Probably better if I break different strings of thought into different posts as to not create a wall of death, which I think are prone to being glossed over.

First, let me discuss Dizzy and Sabi which pinged me immediately when Dizzy said this day 2:
Dyslexicon wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:14 pm
Sabiplz wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:09 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:09 pm I like Mac, Ender and Vivax for town. Strongest feelings
Have I been evicted from ur pocket
I thought about you but didn’t write you down. To be honest I exaggerated my town read on you D1. But you’re very likely town still and we’re still friends
Bold and resizing are mine, I am a scrub who can't figure out color coding very well lol

So let's go over Dizzy's Sabi progression day one:
Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:44 am
EnderWiggin wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:43 am
Dyslexicon wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:09 pm
Sabiplz wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:08 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:06 pm @Achromatic You can just say that Sabi is obvtown. Is ok
You really want me n1ed lol
My sole goal for this game!
Man Sabi is such obvtown.

100 % this
Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:14 am I haven't really read the game, and I'm probably not going to for a while, so enjoy that.

I have Sabi and Mac as town. These are both vibes and what kind of energy they are bringing. Mac is more based in meta, which I do think I have at least a decent track record of picking up on. For Sabi, I just liked their start and their impatience, them talking about wanting to do better. So there are my friends now. Will see if that turns out good or not.

Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:54 pm
Seanzie wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:43 pmI've had a near 100% mac read since I joined TS, and I know for a fact that he is not a fan of wolfing against me. I had posted, multiple times at that point, and due to not necessarily wanting my attention as a wolf, I think he would be more likely to wager an early guess at my alignment there as town than as wolf.
Speaking just for me, I don't think you had posted anything AI at that point in the game.

Do you still scum read Mac? I have also been pretty successful in reading Mac historically. I may or may not be a bit too confident due to the fact that Mac have a had a couple of mafia games that were real bad, and I know he isn't really bad as mafia.

I was actually going to ask you about that, both Mac and Sabi. Cause I town read both. Am I bad? I could be bad.
Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:15 pm
Seanzie wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:03 pm
Seanzie wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:43 pmI've had a near 100% mac read since I joined TS, and I know for a fact that he is not a fan of wolfing against me. I had posted, multiple times at that point, and due to not necessarily wanting my attention as a wolf, I think he would be more likely to wager an early guess at my alignment there as town than as wolf.
Speaking just for me, I don't think you had posted anything AI at that point in the game.

Do you still scum read Mac? I have also been pretty successful in reading Mac historically. I may or may not be a bit too confident due to the fact that Mac have a had a couple of mafia games that were real bad, and I know he isn't really bad as mafia.

I was actually going to ask you about that, both Mac and Sabi. Cause I town read both. Am I bad? I could be bad.
I've been toying with the idea that you're bad, yeah.

Mac I felt pretty confident about off very little information, and no longer feel much of anything, but I trust my early gut reactions enough to not write the read off. Sabi I never actually scumread, I just pushed there because I thought Mac was scum and I think Sabi or Mac did something that made me question if they were partners, so I decided to push there just to see if Sabi would just obvout as a wolf with Mac. They didn't, so I am no longer pushing there, even though I am kind of personally irked by how they've acted about me pushing them and they keep saying I'm "confbiasing" when really I think they're accusing me of scumreading them because of personal out-of-game things (that don't exist from my side, but I get how sometimes other people see other things so meh... I get it even if I don't think it is there), not confbiasing, and instead of considering the fact that I might actually just be playing the game and trying to figure out why I might be pushing them, they've decided to just assume they know me and have said they will just ignore me.
You can't scum read me, I already have the Ender phseal of approval gg

I get what irked you about the situation. Beyond that, I feel like Sabi felt townie both in that interaction, but especially just early game. She feels curious about the game. I have also known her to react emotionally (as we all do sometimes, and is natural in a game of mafia) on other occasions.

I like Mac on vibe and I like Mac on direction

Can I ask who you think are mafia if Mac is not mafia?
Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:56 pm
Sabiplz wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:54 pm Shocked and saddened Mac and dizzy didn't want to flirt with me
Let's just do it in our mason chat tbh

So some of the bold especially leap off to me as incredibly nuanced for someone who walks into day 2 claiming to Sabi 'I exaggerated.' Especially in the context of Ender and Vivas who Dizzy did not appear to spend nearly as much time openly defending their world view on (although they did post positively about both, which I covered last post). Like, there's nothing suspicious about just forgetting to put Sabi in one of your town reads - we all forget - but the 'coverup' here doesn't pass the smell test to me because I thought Dizzy day 1 was giving nuanced, good takes on why Sabi was a strong town read. Sure, maybe it isn't 100% and that's not a problem, but it really bugs me and it is why I am very confident that Dizzy/Sabi weren't aligned ;o

[VOTE: sean] aubergine

Sabi's confidence has swayed me
Achromatic
Money Launderer

Post by Achromatic »

So anyway now we get to Dizzy's handling of me which I find intentional and problematic. I think one of the reasons why I pushed back hard against Mac saying I have an omgus problem is because as an egocentric player how I interact with others is important to me. So when Dizzy interacts with me in a way that raises my suspicion I don't think that's OMGUS, I think it's a valid concern not to be handwaved away.
Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:36 am Last bit of super relevant contribution I have is that I kind of want Achro to be mafia, and I've felt the same tingling in pretty much any game I've spectated and played with him. Some players just have that aura, I think. Have the same with Arete tbh. All this not to state a read on him, I just felt myself wanting to mafia lean on him for litterally no reason, and I'm not going to. But he could still be mafia =p

For someone self-aware of how they view me they sure did trip down into wolf reading me pretty quick lol. I find this funny more than anything.

Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:30 pm
Stupid Sexy Flanders wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:38 pm
Sabiplz wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:25 pm
Stupid Sexy Flanders wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:24 pm Not a huge fan of the players on her wagon tbh. Feels weird
Which players are pinging you
Dyslexicon is in my SR's
But like why tho

You don't know me at all. As far as I know, I've never played with you. I had hardly began to even play this game, and you've mentioned a couple of times being suspicious of me. I know you said gut, but even that has to come from somewhere, or no? Genuinely curious
Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:54 pm
Stupid Sexy Flanders wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:49 pmWhat does "and with a > rand mafia who do it" mean? I saw Mac post >rand mafia earlier. I'm afraid the use of ( <greater than / less than> ) symbols confuses me in this instance. I'm in a few keeper leagues and we use the <> in trade talks.
A decent portion of people who don't know anything about me and that are wolves tend to shade me, because apparently I have resting target face. But I find people who don't know me and are town also does this, so I probably shouldn't read more into it. Anyway, thanks for answering about why you were suspicious. I do find your reasoning quite absurd tbh, but I'm not one to talk because I'm sure people will find some of my reasoning for reads absurd at points too. In fact, most of what makes us read people as this or that is probably absurd, which is why mafia is a stupid game. But I like stupid.

Carry on carrying on. As for reading me, I would advice to listen to people who know me well. Or don't =p

I just wanted to note this but I feel as if a lot of wolves add small nervous ticks to their posts when interacting with people. This is what I call a 'stupid tell to go off of but its way above rand so here we are' In this case the "Genuinely curious" pinged the shit out of me. As did "or don't." To be clear, not analytical in the slightest and 100% pure ping.
Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:46 pm
Achromatic wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:39 pmOh let's see here, did I miss the context of a conversation?

Ah, I did in fact miss the word 'else' in the first post and missed the TL on Mac. Not nearly as tall of a leap as I thought before, although the phrasing is still pretty strong.

So how sure are you folks of this Mac person's town and wolf ranges because geesh.
It also seems like you didn't really check back carefully to see if Porscha was in fact town reading Mac. But I might get ahead of myself, cause I don't even think it's that unlikely that Porscha is mafia here

So I feel as if this is a start of a trend I will highlight where I feel as if Dizzy is treating me very intentionally. Dizzy is saying I didn't check back carefully on Porscha and is implying this is a scum tell for me.
Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:04 pm
Achromatic wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:00 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:58 pm Like, I'm pretty sure Mac is town here. Or egg on my face.
I dont know his range, but a question. Do you think he as town is likely to not check up on Porscha's read progression of him before casting suspicion? ;o. You pointing that out was a bit of a red flag for Mac for me since that was his only point of suspecting Porscha there whereas it was a secondary one for me.
I mean, I think that this particular point against Porscha was kind of weak to begin with. But yes, I do think Mac can jump on things or jump to conclusions. I don't really read him off of that though. I read him off of energy and whether I feel like what he's saying is just fake as fuck, which is what he feels like when he's mafia. It's a pretty noticeable difference to my memory. Egg on my face etc etc, but I think Mac believes what he says here basically.

When Mac is similarly sloppy, it's NAI, when Achromatic does it, it's suspicious. For someone who is pinged by me treating players doing similar things differently this is a strange take to have. No problem with the Mac part of this, but contrasting this with Dizzy's treatment of me feels like Dizzy was looking for a reason to scum read me rather than developing one naturally. @Dyslexicon do you have game experience with me that would lead you to believe I am more prone to sloppy case work as wolf? If so please cite the game.
Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:32 pm
Tommy wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:46 pm
lucy wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:45 pm
Stupid Sexy Flanders wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:43 pm
lucy wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:35 pm
Stupid Sexy Flanders wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:22 pm Maybe my first name is Stupid, but I lose my shit on my homeboys playing an out of town meta. Or doing anything that doesn't fit their established town game.
Falc and I have chased eachother around the last couple games because we couldn't town read eachother.. but Lucy just gives the Tommy a free pass because?

Probably because Lucy is mafia, and Tommy is either in chat, or is actually town and Lucy afraid to get run over.

That's how I'm seeing this at least,

Vote Lucy
out of mafia meta too, they play very similarly as both factions, never seen this from them, so i assume they dislike forum and i bullied them into it
If your home site is the only place they've played, there's bound to be a struggle to find their feet as either alignment, but I found the first games I played here, it was my homeboys pressuring me and essentially forcing my voice one way or another. A good townie who's familiar with a player from their homesite should be pushing that player to show, not coasting behind a wagon formed by players who don't know your homeboy.

I feel like you should be doing more than reserving judgement on someone you have history with because they don't fit either box you've built for them. Comes across as wolfy to me.
i’ve told them to talk more at least twice, since they are not then i can’t do much else
Omg. How active am I supposed to be. I talked yesterday and kept up with chat. I just finished reading what I missed
I don't know any of your takes or if you have takes on the game or alignments. I know it's hard when everyone and everything is new, but anything you can give in terms of impressions of other players would be helpful at this point. It doesn't have to be in any specific way. Don't think, just speak is my advice
@MacDougall we briefly mentioned possible in thread coaching by Lucy earlier. This gave off the possible same vibes to me.
Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:34 pm
Achromatic wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:07 pm
Vivax wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:04 pm
Achromatic wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 5:53 pm
Vivax wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 5:49 pm Tommy*, not matt

Nooks ISO also rather wolfy.

So Nook, Lucy, Porscha, DrWilgy in current PoE

More undecided between Lucy and DrWilgy because of Tommy wagon
Ic ic if you drop wilgy and add axe we have a pretty similar world view. Thoughts on axe's explanation of not voting porscha? Felt pretty bad. What's your issue with wilgy?
Axes filter is certainly cryptic. Don't really get the movie references and don't even think they made that many different movies of Pirates OTC. But maybe I'll get it another time.
He's consistent in sheeping MacDougall, explains some Mac-Sean history.
Tone overall reads good to me.

I think I'd townlean this at least for D1 because he semi-freely gave information.
I might join him on that and go matt here.
So, just so I understand correctly.

You think it is a better chance of a hit to vote the first time FM player who is, by account of someone who knows them, outside of both their normal town AND wolf metas and has openly displayed issues with the FM format day one versus someone who by all accounts went from having a null read on Mac to having a big town read on them without showing any of their work at all.

Why do you think Tommy has even above a random chance of being a wolf atm?
Do you think Tommy is exact rand here?

Also, early game you mentioned how you'd just chop me if I had low WIM. Does this not apply to Tommy, who is arguably the one giving the least this game?
Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:02 pm
Achromatic wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:49 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:43 pm
Achromatic wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:41 pm

Axes filter is certainly cryptic. Don't really get the movie references and don't even think they made that many different movies of Pirates OTC. But maybe I'll get it another time.

I think I'd townlean this at least for D1 because he semi-freely gave information.

You think it is a better chance of a hit to vote the first time FM player who is, by account of someone who knows them, outside of both their normal town AND wolf metas and has openly displayed issues with the FM format day one versus someone who by all accounts went from having a null read on Mac to having a big town read on them without showing any of their work at all.

Also, early game you mentioned how you'd just chop me if I had low WIM. Does this not apply to Tommy, who is arguably the one giving the least this game?
Do I need to explain the difference between a first time FM player and yourself?

Standards, wolf ranges, etc etc.
In this context, yeah I think you do
Oh, sure.

So you are a well established player who if I put the screws to you in some form or fashion will have a relatively known range of reactions for everyone to judge you on and to attempt to divine your alignment. If you are slacking off and suddenly under a microscope that's probably going to yield information that can be read by people.

Tommy, on the other hand, is an unknown quantity and to my eye hasn't really done anything noteworthy one way or another. This is not ideal, however with their stated dislike of FM so far as well as their noted inexperience it doesn't make them very formidable wolves down the line in the 'people are right he is wolf' even if I think it is for dubious reasons. likewise, because he is inexperienced, there is a large chance he becomes polarized when he does get his teeth into the game and we can proceed more appropriately.

Trying to say Tommy is the best lynch today is like ordering your steak well done. Technically it is a thing you can do, but why?
So you wanting to put the microscope on me, so to say, would be a way to gain reactions and info out of me? Is that correct? In which case, don't count on it. Slacking is something I do from time to time, depending on time. I didn't think I would have the time to read D1 this game, but I took the time now.

Do you also not think that putting the microscope on Tommy can yield information? Also, I'm not sure why you necessarily expect him to become more clear later on, as he is for everyone but Lucy and unknown entity. And thus far he hasn't really shown any interest in contributing a whole lot or FM at all, as you allude to. Why do you expect this to change later on? I hope it does, but what if it doesn't.

Funny thing is that giving more time is something I could argue for Porscha, exactly because I do know her at least a little bit, and I've been able to find her as town in the few games I've played with her to my memory.

So I guess I just see this differently than you do.

I also don't eat meat.
Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:10 pm I think I talked myself into

[VOTE: Tommy] aubergine

So I think the interesting thing about this is, to me, it feels really bussy. At this point we have an entire day to go and plenty of time to get information from both Porscha and Tommy but so soon after giving Tommy advice Dizzy is like "actually nah" and tosses the vote. Now, for town equity here maybe I gave Dizzy a new perspective on Porscha which is a fine thing except that today Dizzy was just right back on Porscha which doesn't exactly line up with a new perspective and wait and see approach. However maybe they are just impatient as town, which I could see.

Then day 2 rolls around and Dizzy beelines straight for me with the only possible speed bump of Porscha being a possible wolf.

So I guess the world view where Dizzy is town is easily findable despite me not liking several things. It's just Dizzy deciding I was a wolf and going on a great adventure to slay me before much had really happened, which I have seen plenty.

So I'd like people to comment on if the above posts are NAI or even pro town for Dizzy and if they think the way they treated me was scummy or just an average day for Dizzy.

To Dizzy, I'd like to hear your thoughts on the game state atm when you can. Especially Porscha and myself. Do you believe Porscha's wolf equity is strong? What about mine? What caused you to move on to Wilgy?
Achromatic
Money Launderer

Post by Achromatic »

Reading Nanook's iso it's basically nothing but chill vibes and apparently they don't show their power level until day 3 or 4, which seems fine given the game state. I also like that they carried over their Wilgy read from day 1 to today even though Wilgy is out of the thread.

I haven't even begun to peak
robyn
screaming
Posts in topic: 485
Preferred Pronouns: they/them

Post by robyn »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:22 pm I haven't even begun to peak
I can't wait to see your climax
Achromatic
Money Launderer

Post by Achromatic »

Time to read day 1 Achro and why I felt good about Seanzie because I am reaching critical mass on town reads.

Ah, I thought they were fearless in going against people's wishes day 1 which I strongly read as v. I noted that they suggested Tommy get an avatar for whatever that's worth. Them thinking me saying "Seanzie didn't give a fuck" was a uncaring read and not a 'I think Seanzie is fearless' read I tend to lean town on as well from past experience. Possible all of these things are NAI for them though I am sure people will tell me.
Seanzie wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:04 pm Lol, Achromatic might be doing the thing, which means that if they flip wolf, I could probably give a game winning PoE just based off who doesn't know me well.
This does not have the vibe of someone who has a wolf partner doing absolutely nothing day one tbh. Feels in good spirits, confident.
Seanzie wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:21 pm
Seanzie wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:18 pm
MacDougall wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:17 pm
Seanzie wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:16 pm
MacDougall wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:14 pm Simply put...

Axe and Porscha have both called me lock town.

So...

Either they are mafia having spewed me town.

Or...

They are townies and their reads should be trusted.

At any rate...

I'm spewed town and out of my scumrange.

Achro is a good enough player to know that I am never mafia here...

Achro saw Seanzie/myself having a little tiff and made a tactical decision to drop a nonsense scumread on me in order to pocket Seanzie.

Because...

Achro is mafia.
Do you want to know the thing I am wary Achro is doing?
absolutely
Too bad.
Joking. I think he is treating me simiarly to how wolf!you treated town!Fext in Lost in Space or how wolf!me treated town!Gavial in Belzelbun the benign. In both cases, TMI along with someone who was posting extremely comfortably in thread that they weren't familiar with made it impossible for the wolf to even really try to imagine wolfcasing the townie.

Pretty complex line of suspicion on me for a wolf though. It's not clearing especially without me having any experience with them but it feels like they believe this genuinely to me.

Seanzie wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:33 pm
MacDougall wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:29 pm
Seanzie wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:26 pm
MacDougall wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:23 pm I'll further add that Seanzie is likely to eventually realise that his initial scumread on me in this game was bogus and then he'll file this game under one where he read me correctly, forgetting that he demonstrably read me poorly in it and it'll further heighten his perception of his quality of reading me without even factoring in that he'll be last to get there on the most obvious town version of me and has demonstrated the worst ability to read me of everyone in this game including randoms like Flanders, Vivax and Rondo.
Yes, if by the end of today I townread you, I will consider that a correct sort.

As someone who is similar to me in which I feel you feel people's alignments out by interacting with them and often pushing them before actually fully internally committing one way or the other, I'd expect you to understand the process.

You seem awfully worried about my claim about how well I read you.
The bolded is case in point for why you're annoying to deal with. You say things that aren't alignment indicative for anyone as though they are and let them guide you to irrational solves. You've just (as you point out) rarely had to contend with a rand where we are both town before. You are a recipient of good fortune and I am a victim of it.

Of course I understand the process. But you saying you're the best mac reader ever when you're the only one here that's wrong is asinine when I know you are going to reflect on this game later as another one you got me right in. Like I am pre eye-rolling at you for pointing this game out as another example of Seanzie's masterful mac read.
I'm not saying I am the best Mac reader ever, I'm saying I've been right on you pretty much every game we've played together.

Even right now though, I don't think you read my post close enough to see what my read of you currently is. What is my read of you, right now, Mac?

This also drips of pure town egotism.

Feels like a miss unless Seanzie's meta is very complicated and well disguised tbh.

@NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME I believe you. Can you begin to peak by taking a peak at my Dizzy thoughts and giving your impressions?
Achromatic
Money Launderer

Post by Achromatic »

Basically in regards to Seanzie and Wilgy if they come in super flat, dispirited, and don't contribute it's obviously fair to throw them off a bridge. However, considering about half of you came in various levels of not sober last night I don't really believe in viewing "people aren't here" as naturally suspicious given that it is very easy to wait until the final 4-6 hours of a day, go "guess that answers that" and pile onto them.

But Seanzie's day 1 was fine from my view.

lucy wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:25 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:22 pm I haven't even begun to peak
I can't wait to see your climax
It'll be very exciting for everyone involved
Achromatic
Money Launderer

Post by Achromatic »

Achromatic wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:28 pm Basically in regards to Seanzie and Wilgy if they come in super flat, dispirited, and don't contribute it's obviously fair to throw them off a bridge. However, considering about half of you came in various levels of not sober last night I don't really believe in viewing "people aren't here" as naturally suspicious given that it is very easy to wait until the final 4-6 hours of a day, go "guess that answers that" and pile onto them.

But Seanzie's day 1 was fine from my view.
Clarify: by bringing up people being not sober I just meant a lot of people like to have a good time on a friday and they might both be hungover somewhere lol

You can't rush a peak
Achromatic
Money Launderer

Post by Achromatic »

Have you not played with me before I certainly can rush a peak.

I mean idk dizzy is

Probably fine?

I've read maybe 15-20 of their posts and I dknt have them as confident town, but im not alarmed either

Achromatic wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:30 pm Have you not played with me before I certainly can rush a peak.
Your peaks are your own business
Achromatic
Money Launderer

Post by Achromatic »

Probably fine, okay cool. Nothing in my posts felt off?

Also what do you think of the posts I pointed out abut Seanzie? You are currently voting for them and I am standing in opposition of that now.
Achromatic
Money Launderer

Post by Achromatic »

@lucy can I get a complete read list from you please? Want to compare notes.
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

Achromatic wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:32 pm @lucy can I get a complete read list from you please? Want to compare notes.
I don't form reads quickly at all, i can't give you such a list this quickly
Achromatic
Money Launderer

Post by Achromatic »

lucy wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:34 pm
Achromatic wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:32 pm @lucy can I get a complete read list from you please? Want to compare notes.
What do you think about my anti Dizzy thoughts and pro Seanzie thoughts in isolation?

Achromatic wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:31 pm Probably fine, okay cool. Nothing in my posts felt off?

Also what do you think of the posts I pointed out abut Seanzie? You are currently voting for them and I am standing in opposition of that now.
Is this asking me?

Pretty sure I responded to your "dizzy said Tommy is frozen at an unreasonable point" thing already.

Don't know the sean posts you're referring to offhand. Sabi seems confident so im comfortable sheeping them for now.
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

Achromatic wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:35 pm
What do you think about my anti Dizzy thoughts and pro Seanzie thoughts in isolation?
seanzie wouldn't be a inactive wolf, dizzy will turn up and if not then the catapult, I'm fine with pressuring her though because if town she'll clarify

lucy wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:37 pm
seanzie wouldn't be a inactive wolf, dizzy will turn up and if not then the catapult, I'm fine with pressuring her though because if town she'll clarify
What makes you draw this conclusion?
Achromatic
Money Launderer

Post by Achromatic »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:37 pm
Achromatic wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:31 pm Probably fine, okay cool. Nothing in my posts felt off?

Is this asking me?

Pretty sure I responded to your "dizzy said Tommy is frozen at an unreasonable point" thing already.

Don't know the sean posts you're referring to offhand. Sabi seems confident so im comfortable sheeping them for now.
On this page just now I went over a few posts that I felt were village indicative.

Also for Dizzy I also just went over like... 15-20 of their posts. Check my iso lol x)
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:40 pm
he just doesn't seem like the type

Achromatic wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:40 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:37 pm

Is this asking me?

On this page just now I went over a few posts that I felt were village indicative.

Also for Dizzy I also just went over like... 15-20 of their posts. Check my iso lol x)
Your iso is too big for me, uwu

lucy wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:41 pm
Right, but

Why?

Just a vibe?
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:41 pm
Right, but

Why?

Just a vibe?
intuition/a feel/ doesn't track with my understanding of their understanding of the game
Achromatic
Money Launderer

Post by Achromatic »

I hear that a lot. Here, I'll be gentle @NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
Achromatic wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:26 pm Time to read day 1 Achro and why I felt good about Seanzie because I am reaching critical mass on town reads.

Ah, I thought they were fearless in going against people's wishes day 1 which I strongly read as v. I noted that they suggested Tommy get an avatar for whatever that's worth. Them thinking me saying "Seanzie didn't give a fuck" was a uncaring read and not a 'I think Seanzie is fearless' read I tend to lean town on as well from past experience. Possible all of these things are NAI for them though I am sure people will tell me.
Seanzie wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:04 pm Lol, Achromatic might be doing the thing, which means that if they flip wolf, I could probably give a game winning PoE just based off who doesn't know me well.
This does not have the vibe of someone who has a wolf partner doing absolutely nothing day one tbh. Feels in good spirits, confident.
Seanzie wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:21 pm
Seanzie wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:18 pm
MacDougall wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:17 pm
Seanzie wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:16 pm
MacDougall wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:14 pm Simply put...

Axe and Porscha have both called me lock town.

So...

Either they are mafia having spewed me town.

Or...

They are townies and their reads should be trusted.

At any rate...

I'm spewed town and out of my scumrange.

Achro is a good enough player to know that I am never mafia here...

Achro saw Seanzie/myself having a little tiff and made a tactical decision to drop a nonsense scumread on me in order to pocket Seanzie.

Because...

Achro is mafia.
Do you want to know the thing I am wary Achro is doing?
absolutely
Too bad.
Joking. I think he is treating me simiarly to how wolf!you treated town!Fext in Lost in Space or how wolf!me treated town!Gavial in Belzelbun the benign. In both cases, TMI along with someone who was posting extremely comfortably in thread that they weren't familiar with made it impossible for the wolf to even really try to imagine wolfcasing the townie.

Pretty complex line of suspicion on me for a wolf though. It's not clearing especially without me having any experience with them but it feels like they believe this genuinely to me.

Seanzie wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:33 pm
MacDougall wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:29 pm
Seanzie wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:26 pm
MacDougall wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:23 pm I'll further add that Seanzie is likely to eventually realise that his initial scumread on me in this game was bogus and then he'll file this game under one where he read me correctly, forgetting that he demonstrably read me poorly in it and it'll further heighten his perception of his quality of reading me without even factoring in that he'll be last to get there on the most obvious town version of me and has demonstrated the worst ability to read me of everyone in this game including randoms like Flanders, Vivax and Rondo.
Yes, if by the end of today I townread you, I will consider that a correct sort.

As someone who is similar to me in which I feel you feel people's alignments out by interacting with them and often pushing them before actually fully internally committing one way or the other, I'd expect you to understand the process.

You seem awfully worried about my claim about how well I read you.
The bolded is case in point for why you're annoying to deal with. You say things that aren't alignment indicative for anyone as though they are and let them guide you to irrational solves. You've just (as you point out) rarely had to contend with a rand where we are both town before. You are a recipient of good fortune and I am a victim of it.

Of course I understand the process. But you saying you're the best mac reader ever when you're the only one here that's wrong is asinine when I know you are going to reflect on this game later as another one you got me right in. Like I am pre eye-rolling at you for pointing this game out as another example of Seanzie's masterful mac read.
I'm not saying I am the best Mac reader ever, I'm saying I've been right on you pretty much every game we've played together.

Even right now though, I don't think you read my post close enough to see what my read of you currently is. What is my read of you, right now, Mac?

This also drips of pure town egotism.

Feels like a miss unless Seanzie's meta is very complicated and well disguised tbh.

@NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME I believe you. Can you begin to peak by taking a peak at my Dizzy thoughts and giving your impressions?
Achromatic wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:00 pm So anyway now we get to Dizzy's handling of me which I find intentional and problematic. I think one of the reasons why I pushed back hard against Mac saying I have an omgus problem is because as an egocentric player how I interact with others is important to me. So when Dizzy interacts with me in a way that raises my suspicion I don't think that's OMGUS, I think it's a valid concern not to be handwaved away.
Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:36 am Last bit of super relevant contribution I have is that I kind of want Achro to be mafia, and I've felt the same tingling in pretty much any game I've spectated and played with him. Some players just have that aura, I think. Have the same with Arete tbh. All this not to state a read on him, I just felt myself wanting to mafia lean on him for litterally no reason, and I'm not going to. But he could still be mafia =p

For someone self-aware of how they view me they sure did trip down into wolf reading me pretty quick lol. I find this funny more than anything.

Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:30 pm
Stupid Sexy Flanders wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:38 pm
Sabiplz wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:25 pm
Stupid Sexy Flanders wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:24 pm Not a huge fan of the players on her wagon tbh. Feels weird
Which players are pinging you
Dyslexicon is in my SR's
But like why tho

You don't know me at all. As far as I know, I've never played with you. I had hardly began to even play this game, and you've mentioned a couple of times being suspicious of me. I know you said gut, but even that has to come from somewhere, or no? Genuinely curious
Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:54 pm
Stupid Sexy Flanders wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:49 pmWhat does "and with a > rand mafia who do it" mean? I saw Mac post >rand mafia earlier. I'm afraid the use of ( <greater than / less than> ) symbols confuses me in this instance. I'm in a few keeper leagues and we use the <> in trade talks.
A decent portion of people who don't know anything about me and that are wolves tend to shade me, because apparently I have resting target face. But I find people who don't know me and are town also does this, so I probably shouldn't read more into it. Anyway, thanks for answering about why you were suspicious. I do find your reasoning quite absurd tbh, but I'm not one to talk because I'm sure people will find some of my reasoning for reads absurd at points too. In fact, most of what makes us read people as this or that is probably absurd, which is why mafia is a stupid game. But I like stupid.

Carry on carrying on. As for reading me, I would advice to listen to people who know me well. Or don't =p

I just wanted to note this but I feel as if a lot of wolves add small nervous ticks to their posts when interacting with people. This is what I call a 'stupid tell to go off of but its way above rand so here we are' In this case the "Genuinely curious" pinged the shit out of me. As did "or don't." To be clear, not analytical in the slightest and 100% pure ping.
Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:46 pm
Achromatic wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:39 pmOh let's see here, did I miss the context of a conversation?

Ah, I did in fact miss the word 'else' in the first post and missed the TL on Mac. Not nearly as tall of a leap as I thought before, although the phrasing is still pretty strong.

So how sure are you folks of this Mac person's town and wolf ranges because geesh.
It also seems like you didn't really check back carefully to see if Porscha was in fact town reading Mac. But I might get ahead of myself, cause I don't even think it's that unlikely that Porscha is mafia here

So I feel as if this is a start of a trend I will highlight where I feel as if Dizzy is treating me very intentionally. Dizzy is saying I didn't check back carefully on Porscha and is implying this is a scum tell for me.
Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:04 pm
Achromatic wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:00 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:58 pm Like, I'm pretty sure Mac is town here. Or egg on my face.
I dont know his range, but a question. Do you think he as town is likely to not check up on Porscha's read progression of him before casting suspicion? ;o. You pointing that out was a bit of a red flag for Mac for me since that was his only point of suspecting Porscha there whereas it was a secondary one for me.
I mean, I think that this particular point against Porscha was kind of weak to begin with. But yes, I do think Mac can jump on things or jump to conclusions. I don't really read him off of that though. I read him off of energy and whether I feel like what he's saying is just fake as fuck, which is what he feels like when he's mafia. It's a pretty noticeable difference to my memory. Egg on my face etc etc, but I think Mac believes what he says here basically.

When Mac is similarly sloppy, it's NAI, when Achromatic does it, it's suspicious. For someone who is pinged by me treating players doing similar things differently this is a strange take to have. No problem with the Mac part of this, but contrasting this with Dizzy's treatment of me feels like Dizzy was looking for a reason to scum read me rather than developing one naturally. @Dyslexicon do you have game experience with me that would lead you to believe I am more prone to sloppy case work as wolf? If so please cite the game.
Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:32 pm
Tommy wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:46 pm
lucy wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:45 pm
Stupid Sexy Flanders wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:43 pm
lucy wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:35 pm
Stupid Sexy Flanders wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:22 pm Maybe my first name is Stupid, but I lose my shit on my homeboys playing an out of town meta. Or doing anything that doesn't fit their established town game.
Falc and I have chased eachother around the last couple games because we couldn't town read eachother.. but Lucy just gives the Tommy a free pass because?

Probably because Lucy is mafia, and Tommy is either in chat, or is actually town and Lucy afraid to get run over.

That's how I'm seeing this at least,

Vote Lucy
out of mafia meta too, they play very similarly as both factions, never seen this from them, so i assume they dislike forum and i bullied them into it
If your home site is the only place they've played, there's bound to be a struggle to find their feet as either alignment, but I found the first games I played here, it was my homeboys pressuring me and essentially forcing my voice one way or another. A good townie who's familiar with a player from their homesite should be pushing that player to show, not coasting behind a wagon formed by players who don't know your homeboy.

I feel like you should be doing more than reserving judgement on someone you have history with because they don't fit either box you've built for them. Comes across as wolfy to me.
i’ve told them to talk more at least twice, since they are not then i can’t do much else
Omg. How active am I supposed to be. I talked yesterday and kept up with chat. I just finished reading what I missed
I don't know any of your takes or if you have takes on the game or alignments. I know it's hard when everyone and everything is new, but anything you can give in terms of impressions of other players would be helpful at this point. It doesn't have to be in any specific way. Don't think, just speak is my advice
@MacDougall we briefly mentioned possible in thread coaching by Lucy earlier. This gave off the possible same vibes to me.
Achromatic wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 5:53 pm
Vivax wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 5:49 pm Tommy*, not matt

Nooks ISO also rather wolfy.

So Nook, Lucy, Porscha, DrWilgy in current PoE

More undecided between Lucy and DrWilgy because of Tommy wagon
Ic ic if you drop wilgy and add axe we have a pretty similar world view. Thoughts on axe's explanation of not voting porscha? Felt pretty bad. What's your issue with wilgy?

Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:02 pm
Achromatic wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:49 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:43 pm
Achromatic wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:41 pm

Do I need to explain the difference between a first time FM player and yourself?

Standards, wolf ranges, etc etc.
In this context, yeah I think you do
Oh, sure.

So you are a well established player who if I put the screws to you in some form or fashion will have a relatively known range of reactions for everyone to judge you on and to attempt to divine your alignment. If you are slacking off and suddenly under a microscope that's probably going to yield information that can be read by people.

Tommy, on the other hand, is an unknown quantity and to my eye hasn't really done anything noteworthy one way or another. This is not ideal, however with their stated dislike of FM so far as well as their noted inexperience it doesn't make them very formidable wolves down the line in the 'people are right he is wolf' even if I think it is for dubious reasons. likewise, because he is inexperienced, there is a large chance he becomes polarized when he does get his teeth into the game and we can proceed more appropriately.

Trying to say Tommy is the best lynch today is like ordering your steak well done. Technically it is a thing you can do, but why?
So you wanting to put the microscope on me, so to say, would be a way to gain reactions and info out of me? Is that correct? In which case, don't count on it. Slacking is something I do from time to time, depending on time. I didn't think I would have the time to read D1 this game, but I took the time now.

Do you also not think that putting the microscope on Tommy can yield information? Also, I'm not sure why you necessarily expect him to become more clear later on, as he is for everyone but Lucy and unknown entity. And thus far he hasn't really shown any interest in contributing a whole lot or FM at all, as you allude to. Why do you expect this to change later on? I hope it does, but what if it doesn't.

Funny thing is that giving more time is something I could argue for Porscha, exactly because I do know her at least a little bit, and I've been able to find her as town in the few games I've played with her to my memory.

So I guess I just see this differently than you do.

I also don't eat meat.
Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:10 pm I think I talked myself into

[VOTE: Tommy] aubergine

So I think the interesting thing about this is, to me, it feels really bussy. At this point we have an entire day to go and plenty of time to get information from both Porscha and Tommy but so soon after giving Tommy advice Dizzy is like "actually nah" and tosses the vote. Now, for town equity here maybe I gave Dizzy a new perspective on Porscha which is a fine thing except that today Dizzy was just right back on Porscha which doesn't exactly line up with a new perspective and wait and see approach. However maybe they are just impatient as town, which I could see.

Then day 2 rolls around and Dizzy beelines straight for me with the only possible speed bump of Porscha being a possible wolf.

So I guess the world view where Dizzy is town is easily findable despite me not liking several things. It's just Dizzy deciding I was a wolf and going on a great adventure to slay me before much had really happened, which I have seen plenty.

So I'd like people to comment on if the above posts are NAI or even pro town for Dizzy and if they think the way they treated me was scummy or just an average day for Dizzy.

To Dizzy, I'd like to hear your thoughts on the game state atm when you can. Especially Porscha and myself. Do you believe Porscha's wolf equity is strong? What about mine? What caused you to move on to Wilgy?
Achromatic wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 11:26 am Probably better if I break different strings of thought into different posts as to not create a wall of death, which I think are prone to being glossed over.

First, let me discuss Dizzy and Sabi which pinged me immediately when Dizzy said this day 2:
Dyslexicon wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:14 pm
Sabiplz wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:09 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:09 pm I like Mac, Ender and Vivax for town. Strongest feelings
Have I been evicted from ur pocket
I thought about you but didn’t write you down. To be honest I exaggerated my town read on you D1. But you’re very likely town still and we’re still friends
Bold and resizing are mine, I am a scrub who can't figure out color coding very well lol

So let's go over Dizzy's Sabi progression day one:
Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:44 am
EnderWiggin wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:43 am
Dyslexicon wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:09 pm
Sabiplz wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:08 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:06 pm @Achromatic You can just say that Sabi is obvtown. Is ok
You really want me n1ed lol
My sole goal for this game!
Man Sabi is such obvtown.

100 % this
Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:14 am I haven't really read the game, and I'm probably not going to for a while, so enjoy that.

I have Sabi and Mac as town. These are both vibes and what kind of energy they are bringing. Mac is more based in meta, which I do think I have at least a decent track record of picking up on. For Sabi, I just liked their start and their impatience, them talking about wanting to do better. So there are my friends now. Will see if that turns out good or not.

Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:15 pm
Seanzie wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:03 pm

I've been toying with the idea that you're bad, yeah.

Mac I felt pretty confident about off very little information, and no longer feel much of anything, but I trust my early gut reactions enough to not write the read off. Sabi I never actually scumread, I just pushed there because I thought Mac was scum and I think Sabi or Mac did something that made me question if they were partners, so I decided to push there just to see if Sabi would just obvout as a wolf with Mac. They didn't, so I am no longer pushing there, even though I am kind of personally irked by how they've acted about me pushing them and they keep saying I'm "confbiasing" when really I think they're accusing me of scumreading them because of personal out-of-game things (that don't exist from my side, but I get how sometimes other people see other things so meh... I get it even if I don't think it is there), not confbiasing, and instead of considering the fact that I might actually just be playing the game and trying to figure out why I might be pushing them, they've decided to just assume they know me and have said they will just ignore me.
You can't scum read me, I already have the Ender phseal of approval gg

I get what irked you about the situation. Beyond that, I feel like Sabi felt townie both in that interaction, but especially just early game. She feels curious about the game. I have also known her to react emotionally (as we all do sometimes, and is natural in a game of mafia) on other occasions.

I like Mac on vibe and I like Mac on direction

Can I ask who you think are mafia if Mac is not mafia?
Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:56 pm
Sabiplz wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:54 pm Shocked and saddened Mac and dizzy didn't want to flirt with me
Let's just do it in our mason chat tbh

So some of the bold especially leap off to me as incredibly nuanced for someone who walks into day 2 claiming to Sabi 'I exaggerated.' Especially in the context of Ender and Vivas who Dizzy did not appear to spend nearly as much time openly defending their world view on (although they did post positively about both, which I covered last post). Like, there's nothing suspicious about just forgetting to put Sabi in one of your town reads - we all forget - but the 'coverup' here doesn't pass the smell test to me because I thought Dizzy day 1 was giving nuanced, good takes on why Sabi was a strong town read. Sure, maybe it isn't 100% and that's not a problem, but it really bugs me and it is why I am very confident that Dizzy/Sabi weren't aligned ;o

I have some bad news for your mental model of them

There is no way I can respond to that on my phone

I'll pull up my pc in a bit

You bastard
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:43 pm I have some bad news for your mental model of them
correct information is always good

lucy wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:45 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:43 pm I have some bad news for your mental model of them
His relatively recent scum games have largely been lower volume
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:46 pm
lucy wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:45 pm
His relatively recent scum games have largely been lower volume
no wonder he's suspicious, he's playing in his scum game now I imagine
Achromatic
Money Launderer

Post by Achromatic »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:45 pm There is no way I can respond to that on my phone

I'll pull up my pc in a bit

You bastard
:rip:
Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

@Lucy he is an inactive wolf.

Look at this game:

viewtopic.php?t=2333
Achromatic
Money Launderer

Post by Achromatic »

Sabiplz wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:51 pm
@Lucy he is an inactive wolf.

Look at this game:

viewtopic.php?t=2333
He had almost as many posts day 1 as he did in that entire game ;o

Return to “Previous Heists”