Preferred Pronouns: he/him or they/them

Re: Gym Class Mafia D5

Post by Seanzie »

DrWilgy wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 11:07 am
Seanzie wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 11:06 am *pokes thread with a stick*
*Bites stick*
What do you think of Marmot?
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 50

Post by DrWilgy »

Seanzie wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 11:09 am
*Bites stick*
Null. What do you think of Daisy?
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Seanzie
Polarized
Posts in topic: 176

Post by Seanzie »

DrWilgy wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 11:15 am
*Bites stick*
Marmot is one of the most active members of the thread, how are you null on them?

The whole Daisy -> Dolby -> Daisy thing kinda throws me for a loop. They sure haven't done a lot, which is concerning, even though their vote on HK D1 was timed well, and now that Sabi has flipped town, it is probably a good look. Their recent post also has some good takes, but I am a little concerned because they seem to be significantly more caught-up and aware of the entire thread than I would expect from a slot that has been pretty much completely silent all game, which sometimes is suggestive of a wolf lurking. I also don't like how their read of me seems to mostly just be borrowed from Dunya - whom I believe may have been partially killed to try to frame me (hint: it won't work). What do you think of Daisy?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

The lack of engagement with this game is going to lead to a town loss. Please people start playing. @DrWilgy @falcon45ca @Spacedaisy also everyone else, but those are the people who have done markedly less than everyone else.

Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

this board is so empty I feel like I should shout

Echo!

Echo!

Echo!

Echo!

Echo

Echo

echo

echo

echo... echo... echo... echo... echo... echo... echo...

Shending_Help
The Mark
Posts in topic: 271
Preferred Pronouns: He/him
Aka: Shending

Post by Shending_Help »

Hello

hello

Hello
Shending_Help
The Mark

Post by Shending_Help »

Seanzie wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 11:28 am
*Bites stick*
Marmot is one of the most active members of the thread, how are you null on them?

The whole Daisy -> Dolby -> Daisy thing kinda throws me for a loop. They sure haven't done a lot, which is concerning, even though their vote on HK D1 was timed well, and now that Sabi has flipped town, it is probably a good look. Their recent post also has some good takes, but I am a little concerned because they seem to be significantly more caught-up and aware of the entire thread than I would expect from a slot that has been pretty much completely silent all game, which sometimes is suggestive of a wolf lurking. I also don't like how their read of me seems to mostly just be borrowed from Dunya - whom I believe may have been partially killed to try to frame me (hint: it won't work). What do you think of Daisy?
Sounds like it isn't be too hard to make you vote Daisy instead? I think it hits a wolf more times than Marmot does
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Shending_Help wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 5:07 pm
Seanzie wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 11:28 am
*Bites stick*

Sounds like it isn't be too hard to make you vote Daisy instead? I think it hits a wolf more times than Marmot does
I've been on Marmot for about 18 hours now, and in all that time every person except Falcon have checked in, which very very strongly suggests that there is at least one wolf in Falcon/Marmot. I am unlikely to vote outside of those two today, and still leaning towards Marmot.

Shending_Help
The Mark

Post by Shending_Help »

Then Im just gonna vote Marmot already so I don't forget checking in tomorrow

Im not confident marmot is V, but I'm almost sure Sean's town so

[VOTE: Marmot] aubergine
Shending_Help
The Mark

Post by Shending_Help »

Glgl
Shending_Help
The Mark

Post by Shending_Help »

I'm not confident marmot is a wolf*
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

This is where it gets interesting...

Shending_Help
The Mark

Post by Shending_Help »

Seanzie wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 6:31 pm This is where it gets interesting...
:omg:
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Whelp this has not been as interesting as I thought it was going to be. Can some people get in here and like... type letters with spaces separating them?

Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

@Cape90 @DrWilgy @falcon45ca @Spacedaisy

Can y'all come in and comment on the fact that Marmot has had a vote on him for almost a day, and two for a few hours? Like every minute that goes by with the game not ending increases the chances of a wolf in me/Shending/Marmot.

Shending_Help
The Mark

Post by Shending_Help »

*intense waiting*
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

I really need the few of you that are town to get in here and really try to show yourselves. Please just come in and try to do what you can to clear yourselves. If Marmot is a hit, I'm dead tonight, and I don't see anyone else stepping up to the plate to push the game forward in my absence, so I'd like to leave a legacy tonight.

Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

(tonight as in in-game night, so like tomorrow before EoD)

DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

I mean, there's still that 50/50 that daisy/falcon are scum and are just afk. I'm not rollin that dice.

I was quite content watching the Marmot/Seanzie 50/50 conundrum, but with shending on there, it's quite the curio.
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Game's still not over, which is further evidence of wolf!Marmot. Y'all are going to need to get in here and make a decision between me and Marmot sometime soon. Please don't skip voting as then wolves could snipe a tie possibly.

Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

DrWilgy wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 12:57 am I mean, there's still that 50/50 that daisy/falcon are scum and are just afk. I'm not rollin that dice.

I was quite content watching the Marmot/Seanzie 50/50 conundrum, but with shending on there, it's quite the curio.
Can you please give your thoughts on me/Marmot?

There is less than 12 hours left in the day, so I recommend voting soonish.

Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

I'm not going to lie, I am getting pretty frustrated with the lack of engagement from the thread. Where the *** is everyone?

Can y'all at least like check in and acknowledge the situation going on? At least two town haven't voted yet, and the wolves could easily be waiting, deliberately fostering this dead threadstate, in order to be able to snipe close to EoD.

@Cape90 @falcon45ca @Spacedaisy @DrWilgy

Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Like, I can't do this alone. I just can't. I need the absentee townies to show up. Please.

Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

@Cape90 yesterday you said you would have voted Marmot when Marmot and I were crossed. Today you've had ample opportunity to, but you're nowhere to be seen. What has changed?

DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Seanzie wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 8:21 am
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 12:57 am I mean, there's still that 50/50 that daisy/falcon are scum and are just afk. I'm not rollin that dice.

You, I have no idea how to read.

I know you have the capacity to shit out content even as a wolf, so I can't content clear you, BUT I also am not aware of what mechanically would put you in a scum range re: reads. HOWEVER I don't know if you in good town conscious, potentially throw the game by voting as early as you did. Feels like a wolf leaned power play.

Marmot, I have a scum lean on. Marmot's vote pattern on Sabi was somewhat gross and he's been waffly on me. (Marmot being full of waffles is nothing new tho, so :shrug:)

OR at least I would have a scum lean on, if it wasn't for the fact that they did declare a vig shot and it happened. I REAAAALLY hope that during the draft process, a vig shot wouldn't have been given to wolves. Idk, maybe there is something more broken that our town drafter desired, but like, if we were allowed to go into this game with mafia given a d2 vig shot, then what the hell?

I was waiting to see how potential hammers pan out since you were willing to drop a vote so early before explaining this.

If you are wolf and were trying to pull civs, the explanation current for how the game isn't over is:
A.) Shending is W
B.) Other W are so afk that the game state can't be forced into hammer

Do I think that both of these are possible? Not reaaaaaally? I do need to find the time to re-read your ISO and Shendings, but I honestly doubt I'd be able to derive one from the other.
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

So just a drafting process thoughts,

We know alignments, Marmot's vig shot, Sabi's RB, and I'll reveal odd night jailer (action 1 was on Marmot, action n3 was on Shending) were up for grabs.

It'd be in W favor to grab players, as a player pickup may as well be an extra NK OR a vig shot.

When given the option as town who'd have a number advantage anyhow, one would assume they'd pick up the PR's. (this can be reflected by me having jailer and sabie having RB) at least.

SO does town allow a d2 bullet to go to wolves? I REAAAAAAAAAAALLY don't think so.
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

I'm holding vote until Marmot comes back.

I'm making due with what I can, and I do think it is in my best interest to wait to Marmot who has a proven kill to return.

Is there a W in both Seanzie and Shending? I sure as hell hope not.

are Wolves afk? I'd think so based on Seanzie's shouting to the wind.
Image Image Image
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

DrWilgy wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 11:25 am So just a drafting process thoughts,

We know alignments, Marmot's vig shot, Sabi's RB, and I'll reveal odd night jailer (action 1 was on Marmot, action n3 was on Shending) were up for grabs.

It'd be in W favor to grab players, as a player pickup may as well be an extra NK OR a vig shot.

When given the option as town who'd have a number advantage anyhow, one would assume they'd pick up the PR's. (this can be reflected by me having jailer and sabie having RB) at least.

SO does town allow a d2 bullet to go to wolves? I REAAAAAAAAAAALLY don't think so.
Wolves have 8 draft picks and could only take 6 players, so the first two picks LC made were likely non-player picks (either roles or mechanics). Town had one pick before wolves got 2. I agree that a vig shot is a pretty big prize but, my guess would be that Rondo choose Wisdom's role first though (tracker/watcher), or perhaps someone else hasn't claimed yet, but if they haven't that's some BS because we need the info to solve this.
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 11:27 am I'm holding vote until Marmot comes back.

I'm making due with what I can, and I do think it is in my best interest to wait to Marmot who has a proven kill to return.

Is there a W in both Seanzie and Shending? I sure as hell hope not.

are Wolves afk? I'd think so based on Seanzie's shouting to the wind.
Marmot was viewing the thread this morning, but didn't post. The current empty thread benefits wolves, so I appreciate you being here to give some thoughts.

I understand waiting to vote, but please make sure you're here before/at EoD. Even two scum could snipe a tie given the current votes, and while I hope everyone will show up for EoD, given how empty the thread has been, I am not confident on this.

DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

I'll be around.
Image Image Image
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

DrWilgy wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 11:18 am

I know you have the capacity to shit out content even as a wolf, so I can't content clear you, BUT I also am not aware of what mechanically would put you in a scum range re: reads. HOWEVER I don't know if you in good town conscious, potentially throw the game by voting as early as you did. Feels like a wolf leaned power play.

Marmot, I have a scum lean on. Marmot's vote pattern on Sabi was somewhat gross and he's been waffly on me. (Marmot being full of waffles is nothing new tho, so :shrug:)

OR at least I would have a scum lean on, if it wasn't for the fact that they did declare a vig shot and it happened. I REAAAALLY hope that during the draft process, a vig shot wouldn't have been given to wolves. Idk, maybe there is something more broken that our town drafter desired, but like, if we were allowed to go into this game with mafia given a d2 vig shot, then what the hell?

I was waiting to see how potential hammers pan out since you were willing to drop a vote so early before explaining this.

If you are wolf and were trying to pull civs, the explanation current for how the game isn't over is:
A.) Shending is W

Do I think that both of these are possible? Not reaaaaaally? I do need to find the time to re-read your ISO and Shendings, but I honestly doubt I'd be able to derive one from the other.
When have you seen me wolf?

DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Seanzie wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 12:15 pm

A.) Shending is W

Reanimators
Image Image Image
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

DrWilgy wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 12:31 pm
Seanzie wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 12:15 pm

A.) Shending is W

Reanimators
Oh, that's fair. I forgot about hosting.

Shending_Help
The Mark

Post by Shending_Help »

Still only Wilgy (still Wigly in my head) has checked in?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

What if the read on Shending is just wrong.

Seanzie T, Marmot T, Shending W encouraging an incorrect Sean?

Quite the pickle.

Don't want to break my record of correct votes, I'd like to continue to be hot this game.

I do agree when out into the context of "maybe Rondo grabbing Wisdom's PR first, Marmot may be W with a vig shot."
Image Image Image
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

DrWilgy wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 1:50 pm What if the read on Shending is just wrong.

Seanzie T, Marmot T, Shending W encouraging an incorrect Sean?

Quite the pickle.

Don't want to break my record of correct votes, I'd like to continue to be hot this game.

I do agree when out into the context of "maybe Rondo grabbing Wisdom's PR first, Marmot may be W with a vig shot."
Shending actually discouraged me from Marmot a lot yesterday, and idk if they would do that if Shending/Marmot was w/t when Dya was in the position they were in.

Shending/Marmot is possibly w/w, but honestly given the lack of engagement from slots like Falcon and Daisy, I think we just lose to wolf!Shending here since Shending is above those null slots IMO in terms of elim order. They aren't responding to my repeated calls for people to get in here and try to clear themselves, unfortunately, so idk what to do with that.

Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

*Bites stick*

A.) Shending is W

What changed with regard to Marmot between these two posts?

DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Seanzie wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 2:43 pm
*Bites stick*

A.) Shending is W

What changed with regard to Marmot between these two posts?
Nothing, I just wanted to see if anything would develop re votes.
Image Image Image
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

There's only about 3 hours left. @Cape90 @Spacedaisy @falcon45ca where are you? Waiting to check in only serves the wolves.

Shending_Help
The Mark

Post by Shending_Help »

Uh getting scared that Marmot + 1 other vote would be able to put it at a tie rn = wolf win. Sean's frustration is kinda justified here
Shending_Help
The Mark

Post by Shending_Help »

If any townie pops in and is confused about whether to take Sean's or Marmots side, then do me a favor of reading through my towncase on Sean from D2. I still believe in all the points from back then.
Shending_Help
The Mark

Post by Shending_Help »

(I'm still not sure if Marmot is wolf or not, but my hard townread on Sean and knowing I'm town makes the lack of a hammer look quite bad for Marmot)
Shending_Help
The Mark

Re: Gym Class Mafia D1

Post by Shending_Help »

Shending_Help wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 12:04 pm Reasons I think Sean's town:

Seanzie wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:34 am
DrWilgy wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:25 am [VOTE: HK] aubergine is a wolf this game and is to be yeeted at last light.

This is an imperial decree and shall not be revoked.
Yeah, I can get behind this. [VOTE: HallowKatt] aubergine
Think he'd likely distance more actively if bussing (Small town-point)

---
Seanzie wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 4:57 pm
Shending_Help wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 2:55 pm
► Show Spoiler
this is a weird post

idk if scummy though :p
Try
bracket spoiler close bracket, rather than bracket spoil close bracket, it is also the blue "spoiler" button on the full editor, rather than the little eye icon
Shending_Help wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 3:09 pm My spiciest read is that Sean might be TWTBAW

literally just posting "first" and nothing else, and then later popping in with "yeah i can get behind this *votes HK*"

It's far from a solid read, but i kinda believe he'd post *something* else in either of his pop-ins if woofing
Was my post where I asked for new-to-TS people's experience level not CWAC? I don't believe you really have this read on me.
NotAnAxehole wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 3:29 pm This is a draft game? Lime Coke drafted mafia team...

Well, I'm confirmed town.

1) Lime Coke hates me and would never subject himself to being in a chat with me
2) Lime Coke thinks I'm bad at mafia
3) Lime Coke thinks I'm bad at town

Gym class is easy. I won't post again today, but I'll vote someone later. If I ever die during the day this game, I take no responsibility for it because you should all know better, and those who don't should inform themselves. It's not just like "Lime Coke slightly dislikes this guy"... It's bad.
I agree with this read and also believe it applies to me.
Shending_Help wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 3:36 pm I don't have any hard input on what exact players Limecoke/Brad would pick as mafia or not.

But i do have thoughts.

To balance a game like this the PRs / Mechanics that Lime has available to him must be EXTREMELY strong/interesting. Otherwise there would be no point in picking them over actual extra players in the mafia team. Therefore I strongly believe Limecoke couldn't resist picking at least 2+ of those PR / mechanics that he found the most alure towards, to see how they played out while he's speccing the game.

If he was gonna play too? Then i could see him just picking the max amount of players if he thought that was +EV, but as a spec? It sounds much more interesting to see if the OP mechanics you picked could work out towards a win than if a huge scumteam could pull it through.

TL;DR: i don't think there's 5-6 maf. Think there might even be 2 if i had to bet tbh
I severely doubt there are 2 mafia when roles don't multisask.
I like how he points out a post i missed, and how he says he doesn't believe I have the read. I also like the way he's adding on that he's prolly Town for similar reasons as NAA. With the way he later says that he doesn't wanna go deeper into why for 'thread health reasons' I feel like he isn't just not going into it because the reason doesn't exist. And I feel like he might've as wolf had more motivation to go into the reasons why Lime dislikes him if he's wolfing in order to clear himself. (Small town-point)

---
Seanzie wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 8:35 pm [VOTE: Alison] aubergine

serious vote.
Seanzie wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 8:40 pm Aside from Alison posting her rolecard in the thread, not much has happened, and that should change.

Someone do something that actually makes me feel things before I jokingly give a post-game cred list of four names, which actually ends up perfectly spot on, and everyone congratulates me for bagging the scum team on post 105, and then I don't ever admit it was just a joke list, and for the rest of my days I feel like a phony because my "best" town victory is actually just a sham, all because this current thread is slow.

So uhh... yeah. Somebody do a backflip or TMI someone else or something.
I feel like this super confident/aggressive sass of "Aside from Alison posting her rolecard in the thread..." doesn't give off w/w vibes. (Medium town-point)

---
Alison wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 2:38 am
Seanzie wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 4:57 pm I agree with this read and also believe it applies to me.
I wasn't aware that LC disliked you that strongly.
This reads to me like Alison saw several townies trying to clear themselves for similar reasons (Axe and then Sean), and felt the need to step in to shade the one of them that felt slightly more questionable from an outside perspective. It's very not good for the wolves if the town as a whole accepts those self-draft-related clears. And Alison doesn't even like go hard here, just subtly "does he tho?" so it doesn't feel like distancing either. It makes so much sense to me that Sean is just a villa from this post alone (BIG town-point)

---
Seanzie wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 7:40 am
Sabiplz wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 1:16 am Catch up post: (idk how post numbers work here so bare with me)

Here are the people that stand out to me:

Shending_help:

I really like their tone in this opening posts. Feels very nature and genuine.
Shending_Help wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 2:52 pm Yeah i mean, vibing is what we need rn to get things rolling, hard to go tryhard mode with 50 posts in the thread :D

And to your response... *fair enough*
I have play a bunch of turbo games with Swede here. When they are wolf they have difficulties articulating reads and feel very stiff and safe. When town they are very brazen and loud with their reads. What I mean is they don't mind dropping controversial takes when town. This post below is very much in their town meta range:
Shending_Help wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 3:09 pm My spiciest read is that Sean might be TWTBAW

literally just posting "first" and nothing else, and then later popping in with "yeah i can get behind this *votes HK*"

It's far from a solid read, but i kinda believe he'd post *something* else in either of his pop-ins if woofing
Anyway I like this post, very much shows Swede being comfortable, showing progression in their thoughts.
Shending_Help wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 3:36 pm I don't have any hard input on what exact players Limecoke/Brad would pick as mafia or not.

But i do have thoughts.

To balance a game like this the PRs / Mechanics that Lime has available to him must be EXTREMELY strong/interesting. Otherwise there would be no point in picking them over actual extra players in the mafia team. Therefore I strongly believe Limecoke couldn't resist picking at least 2+ of those PR / mechanics that he found the most alure towards, to see how they played out while he's speccing the game.

If he was gonna play too? Then i could see him just picking the max amount of players if he thought that was +EV, but as a spec? It sounds much more interesting to see if the OP mechanics you picked could work out towards a win than if a huge scumteam could pull it through.

TL;DR: i don't think there's 5-6 maf. Think there might even be 2 if i had to bet tbh
The last bit about about guessing how many mafia there is feels like a town slip. Yes I think all town slips are fake but this kinda feels real.

All the praise about Swede kinda gone with this post. I feel like as soon as she faced someone familar push back on them their tone got way more stiff. I dunno feels very uncomfortable to me.

Shending_Help wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:36 pm
Wisdom wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:24 pm
Shending_Help wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:06 pm Think wisdoms read on HK is villagery. Both the part about HKs treatment of Axe and the analysis of what t!HK would've done
You are also a wolf and this is a pocket attempt!!!
With all the hype (!!!) I can't decipher if you're joking or not, but maybe thats by design :p

But...

No I swear I'm not!!!
Seanzie turn:

He had a weird first page opening that I don't even want to register as.

Anyway I do like this post from them but also it feels like they are just saying words for the sake of saying words and don't actually mean it. He wants to appear like oh hey look at me spittingniut buzz words.
Seanzie wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 5:14 pm CWAC - Contribute without actually contributing. Anything that has the "feeling" of moving the game forward without really having an impact. Often comes in the form of questions that don't go anywhere. Wolves and town both do it, but wolves will sometimes do only CWAC and IIoA (information instead of analysis) in hopes that townies don't spot that they really aren't positively impacting the gamestate.

Yes, multitask, that was a typo. TS is not MS, so this is not gospel here, but: https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Multitasking. From what I can tell of what Nook wrote, I think it is clear that mafia members could be assigned multiple roles, but they'd only be able to use one role per night (they can use their role and carry the NK on the same night though), so LC is unlikely to take more roles than mafia members (aside from a few edge cases where maybe they took a role useless for scum in order to keep it from town).
I dunno how I feel about everyone analyzing the draft and analyzing Brad (lc) decision making. We're teams decided before or after knowing it's mafia?

Anyway to wisom
Wisdom wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:24 pm
Shending_Help wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:06 pm Think wisdoms read on HK is villagery. Both the part about HKs treatment of Axe and the analysis of what t!HK would've done
You are also a wolf and this is a pocket attempt!!!
…. I don't think this was pockety at all. Feels kinda forced. Same with Sweden response to it. I don't like it.

Wisdom wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 3:28 pm I'm the doctor.

Also Alison is 100% someone Brad/BlueKang/LimeCoke would first pick as mafia.
Why would Brad pick Alison to be mafia? AFAIK Alison gets sr easily due to her unorthodox play style and philosophy of the game which causes people not to tr her.

Hate this opening of falcon.
[
falcon45ca wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:47 pm Imma 'bout to get blasted.

It's Morphin' Time!

This is very towny tone and voice by cape. He's seems relaxed. I hate the overexplanation of being afk tho.
Cape90 wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 2:56 pm
Shending_Help wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 2:52 pm Yeah i mean, vibing is what we need rn to get things rolling, hard to go tryhard mode with 50 posts in the thread :D

And to your response... *fair enough*
Yeah, and not to mention that I want to kinda use at least 45 posts today if possible because I am busy tomorrow and won't be able to post much (will still try to read everything but don't expect high ;level of activity and if i survive into day 2, might make catch-up :D)

It's also hard to tryhard when I don't particularly have hard stances on really anything though I am getting pretty okay vibes from this prodding around you are doing so far
Why are we spending so much time analyzing Brad. I'm the #1bradxpert. I will expand more on why I hate these posts tomorrow.
NotAnAxehole wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 3:29 pm This is a draft game? Lime Coke drafted mafia team...

Well, I'm confirmed town.

1) Lime Coke hates me and would never subject himself to being in a chat with me
2) Lime Coke thinks I'm bad at mafia
3) Lime Coke thinks I'm bad at town

Gym class is easy. I won't post again today, but I'll vote someone later. If I ever die during the day this game, I take no responsibility for it because you should all know better, and those who don't should inform themselves. It's not just like "Lime Coke slightly dislikes this guy"... It's bad.

Anyway goijg to bed. I want to say stuff but I have all day tomorrow to explain. Gn
I find it interesting that out of all my posts, you choose one which is me explaining two terms to someone who specifically asked about then... and then give a backhanded town read of it while accusing me of just using buzzwords. Also, by interesting, I really mean suspicious.
Alison wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 2:38 am
Seanzie wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 4:57 pm I agree with this read and also believe it applies to me.
I wasn't aware that LC disliked you that strongly.
I'm not going to get into it for threadhealth reasons, but I stand by my initial claim.
Alison wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 2:41 am
Seanzie wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 8:35 pm [VOTE: Alison] aubergine

serious vote.
Why?
Your initial vote on Cape and your follow up. You never explained why you were voting, and the "Why did you think emotes was the reason for the vote?" just really feels a lot more like a question for the sake of a question rather than you really digging at anything (can you give an example of an AI answer to that question?). Now, you've seemed to indirectly claim that this was just a vote to get the game going, which is fine in it's own right, but IME, people who do that are almost always strongly overstating a real (but weak) thought, rather than just making suspicion completely up, so a lack of explanation for the vote is concerning. Why did you vote Cape?
Wisdom wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 4:40 am
dyachei wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 8:26 pm I almost forgot about this game

I think the only v read i have right now is NAA

Also good to play with you again SS!
I marked this as town? because I find forgetting games town indicative but of course that's fakeable so it's more like a temporary read.
I am of the opposite opinion. While I agree it is towny to actually forget about the game, I think it is probably very slightly >rand!wolf to TALK about forgetting about the game (I know I've definitely claimed I "forgot" about a game as scum, when in reality I am actually just overly-concious of the fact that I didn't post early in the game, whereas if I was town and late, I'd just dive in without feeling like my absence needed to be excused [unless the absence was remarkably long, but that is not the case here])
Alison wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 5:56 am If I was the town drafter, I'd just focus on drafting good solvers that can clear themselves easily. dunia, dyachei, Seanzie.

If I was the mafia drafter, I'd flip a coin. If it lands on heads I just make a list of who I think is best at wolfing in this game in order, and then draft down the list. If it lands on tails I'd draft one strong player (probably dunia, or dyachei if dunia is taken) and then fill the rest with players that either tend to be quieter presences (Wilgy, Spacedaisy) or players that most people wouldn't expect me to draft either because I haven't gotten along with them in the past or because I don't know them (Axe, Cape, Shending).
I kind of hope the town drafter did not choose people. IME hand-picked scum teams are easier to catch than randomized ones, and the town drafter picking townies gets in the way of this. Unfortunately, I do not really understand Rondo very well, so I don't know what to expect from them. LC though I kind of think he'd use a straightforward with the possibility of one or maybe two wildcards, but I don't think I'd try to guess who the wildcards are, as that seems like a dubious exercise (I am offhandedly accusing you of having an agenda in this post btw).
Wisdom wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 6:03 am Adding SS to town pile.
Am I correct in assuming SS is Shending?
(here's the post with the 'thread health reasons' I referred to earlier)

There's other things I like from this post too, especially the comment of "I kind of hope the town drafter did not choose people. IME hand-picked scum teams are easier to catch than randomized ones, and the town drafter picking townies gets in the way of this". That's a really towny thought to have IMO. I hadn't even considered it myself from that perspective before I read this, it's just such a towny thought. (Medium town-point)

---
Alison wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 8:42 am
Seanzie wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 7:40 am Your initial vote on Cape and your follow up. You never explained why you were voting, and the "Why did you think emotes was the reason for the vote?" just really feels a lot more like a question for the sake of a question rather than you really digging at anything (can you give an example of an AI answer to that question?). Now, you've seemed to indirectly claim that this was just a vote to get the game going, which is fine in it's own right, but IME, people who do that are almost always strongly overstating a real (but weak) thought, rather than just making suspicion completely up, so a lack of explanation for the vote is concerning. Why did you vote Cape?
I answer both of your questions in #133. To reiterate: I thought his reference to mafia waking up was a lame attempt to be all "hello fellow townies, this sure is a townie thread, the mafia probably hasn't woken up, amiright?" So I voted him. It's a thin read, but more than enough for page 1.

He responded by defensively claiming that "he just wanted to try out the emotes". This deepened my suspicion, because at no point did I give any indication that it was about the emotes. The pre-emptive excuse-making re: emote usage suggests a guilty conscience, or him seeing his emote usage as scummier than it is because he's a wolf. This is why I asked him if he had any reason to believe I pushed him for emote usage.
This feels like Alison trying to genuinely justify her thought process to Sean, which wouldn't be necessary if w/w (Medium town-point)

---
Seanzie wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 1:36 pm
hollowkatt wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 12:44 pm
Seanzie wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 12:38 am
hollowkatt wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 12:21 am
Cape90 wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 8:27 pm
hollowkatt wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:50 pm

Because you typically make posts I want to wolf read!
Just so happens this time you didn't
Differences between the ways Wisdom is posting mow vs how they usually post?
Most often it's a weird early read that she has, or a push that she makes that I think is wrong/on obvs town, or she doesn't have a read I would expect her to have. I don't see that going on here so I'm offering up an early town read
Is Wisdom usually town or wolf when you wolfread her early for this sort of thing?
she's usually town and her pushes are usually town as well.
So you're townreading her for not doing things that she usually does as town? You're gonna have to unpack this one for me.
Adding onto the HK pressure in a very believable way. Doesn't feel like he's just jumping onto the HK push for cred, but has genuine gripes with HK's logic (Medium town-point)
Here it is ^
Shending_Help
The Mark

Post by Shending_Help »

Then on top of that case Sean has felt real in his frustration about the game kinda dying activity wise

Think he'd just take the win if wolfing
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

@Marmot said they'd be around today, but no sign of them... or half of the players for that matter...

Cape90
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 221
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his/himself

Post by Cape90 »

hammer is one more vote

didn't feel like playing yesterday sorry
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Cape90 wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 4:49 pm hammer is one more vote

I was just writing a post about how your absence was starting to concern me.

Here is what I had, right before I saw you just posted:

Cape not being around this game day has been kind of troubling. They seemed to be pretty invested in the game, and idk call me crazy but just because elo was triggered earlier than it really should be in a 15er, I don't see them losing this much steam considering that town has done quite well. Could see them being a wolf kinda deflated by the fact that a 6 person wolf team hasn't decimated town yet, and also not posting to create the poor threadstate we're seeing.

Starting to think the team is something like Marmot/Daisy/Cape, but Falcon could really replace any of those. I kinda gotta townread Shen and Wilgy based on this gamestate because if they're wolves, we have too many afk townies to have any hope of winning either way.

Cape90
Money Launderer

Post by Cape90 »

A.) Shending is W

again, nobody has hammered so how would any of this be a wolf power play? Think about it. I really doubt at this stage that this is a wolf power play
Cape90
Money Launderer

Post by Cape90 »

Seanzie wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 4:50 pm
Cape90 wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 4:49 pm hammer is one more vote

I was just writing a post about how your absence was starting to concern me.

Here is what I had, right before I saw you just posted:

Cape not being around this game day has been kind of troubling. They seemed to be pretty invested in the game, and idk call me crazy but just because elo was triggered earlier than it really should be in a 15er, I don't see them losing this much steam considering that town has done quite well. Could see them being a wolf kinda deflated by the fact that a 6 person wolf team hasn't decimated town yet, and also not posting to create the poor threadstate we're seeing.

Starting to think the team is something like Marmot/Daisy/Cape, but Falcon could really replace any of those. I kinda gotta townread Shen and Wilgy based on this gamestate because if they're wolves, we have too many afk townies to have any hope of winning either way.
I was honestly just out of it

Team is in Marmot/Spacedaisy/Falcon probably for me, I don't know what DrWigly is doing right now if they are wolfing IMO so it's those 3 for me
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Cape90 wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 4:51 pm

A.) Shending is W

again, nobody has hammered so how would any of this be a wolf power play? Think about it. I really doubt at this stage that this is a wolf power play
I mean, I also believe that my play is not a wolf powerplay (in fact, I know it isn't), but their reasoning for considering it is reasonable. me/Shending or me/afk wolf would stop a hammer on Marmot, so saying I couldn't be a wolf here because Marmot hasn't been hammered doesn't make a lot of sense.

Cape90
Money Launderer

Post by Cape90 »

Seanzie wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 4:53 pm
Cape90 wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 4:51 pm

A.) Shending is W

I mean, I also believe that my play is not a wolf powerplay (in fact, I know it isn't), but their reasoning for considering it is reasonable. me/Shending or me/afk wolf would stop a hammer on Marmot, so saying I couldn't be a wolf here because Marmot hasn't been hammered doesn't make a lot of sense.
Yeah, again, you would really have to assume that falcon is wolf here think

Return to “Previous Rackets”