Who put Boquise on ice?

Poll ended at Sun Jul 17, 2022 9:00 pm

Creature
No votes
fingersplints
15%
RondoDimBuckle
8%
Final 3 (dead, host, mod, non-player option)
77%

Total votes: 13
RondoDimBuckle
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 680
Preferred Pronouns: Rondo/RondoDimBuckle
Aka: Rondo

Re: Halvøsen Ridge [DAY 3]

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

Watching an episode of Orville, having dinner then I will be catching up properly
ImageImage
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage
I'm not dumb I just don't know things.
RondoDimBuckle

Re: Halvøsen Ridge [DAY 1]

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

Before Wiggly/Seanzie

A) Creature, Ender, Finger, Dizzy, Alison

B)Possibly one of JJJ, Nate, Lucy, Marmot

C)Boquise, Seanzie, DrWilgy, RondoDimBuckle

After

A) Creature, Ender, Finger, Dizzy, Alison

B)Possibly one of JJJ, Nate, Lucy, Marmot

C)Boquise, RondoDimBuckle

Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:38 pm
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:16 amHave I gotten better or worse in regards to a policy chop? I toned down my meming per-request
I'm finding you quite pleasant this game. You also have good content and callouts between meming and jokes. I'm struggling to understand your summarised world view though. Haven't read everything yet, but interested to see this if you have one.
I really hate giving read lists because they are almost always bullshit since I suck at reading the state of the game right now and I am still converting over to Forum Mafia. At my current level of play I just want to make space for people to make reads off my content. BUT
Since we are at day 3 and Id like to make it to day 5 without being tinfoiled by people who are unfamiliar with my style I will give some GTH but I really object to this

Innocent Child: These are 100% town I will shield till death
Falcon
Mac
Wigly
Seanzie

Upper Town
Dyslexicon - His message where he said "Im not having it" when I am trying to get him to hate me yesterday(?the day before?) cracked me up for a solid 3 minutes. I really dont know if I should tinfoil but in the absence of a Mac, this seems like a good read. (I reserve the right to tinfoil if Ender/Finger/Alison/Creature all turn out to be town)
JaggedJimmyJay - Too may wall posts, did not read, I dont get the Boq/JJJ/Alison thing and Seanzie kill being obvious that its one of them other than town being town. I guess I choose Boq/Alison (For reasons below) before JJJ personally but I will be honest I am mostly going off vibe for the Dys/JJJ megadome of the minds I have seen where to me it feels more T/T than wolves sheering(Is that a term you guys use in forum mafia?) chat.

Null
Creature - I have him in null because he keeps just popping in doing nothing. But I kinda like the vibe. I want to read him higher so hopefully I see content moving forward I like
Ender - I really want to put ender lower. I want to yeet him as hard as Lucy BUT [Redacted] because of [REDACTED] which is obviously making me hold my vote till later tonight when the holy grail that is promised lands. Otherwise my POE shifts drasticly to include Ender in bottom

Lower Poe
RondoDimBuckle - A giant slanker who ignores your questions and has gotten more busy as the game goes on, Id personally yeet him so he can spend more time doing not this game
Marmot - While he has been better lately he is in the middle POE I have (for vote analysis) so until we flip a wolf he is still in my POE. Just a policy no clear
NateTheLesser - Has a weird space for me in the game where he isnt influential but is obviously reading the game but I havent read anything just yet that really indicates he has anything against how we are going (Including yeeting more town) But I havent caught up yet
Alison - I have been in like 2 games with Alison? How have we not caught a wolf yet? How is she not the night kill? She is widely regarded as someone who is a fucking BFG and everyone just listens to her with their tail between their legs. Not happy jan.

Chop Chop Chop Chop Chop Chop Chop
Fingersplints - Never in my life have I seen such slanking ignored and people willing to town read for it. Nothing and more nothing. I want her head so bad or something resembling solving the game state
lucy - Holy shit the more I read the more I feel like I have been gas lit, 300+ posts "Not that active" @ing Seanzy while knowing he has to be dead. Just general saying of "reads coming" and still fucking nothing
Boquise - I know I am town and if Boq is the 1 wolf that was left over I want him gone at Lylo because he is the deep wolf here in my game read (BUT THIS IS TINFOIL. right now he is actually being useful) tbh
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

Now to catch up with the last 24 hours of nonsense
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 198

Post by fingersplints »

I’m still around. Been skimming and trying to get past the mafia fatigue and find the desire to post.

I need to do some rereading, because I don’t feel good about anyone but Marmot right now. But I need time to read and that won’t happen so :shrug:

I think the Jay suspicion has some points to it, but not sure. Might just be some paranoia there. I don’t think I’m ready to abandon my earlier town read there yet and I seriously doubt I’d vote there today.
Gro-oo-ovy
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

lucy wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 12:50 am
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 12:06 am
lucy wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:06 pm that was unexpected
What are your reads now that we have had 4 flips?
I'll give them in the morning, or in a few hours, I don't particularly want to mess up the best sleep schedule I've had in 2 years
I'll give them in the morning, or in a few hours, I don't particularly want to mess up the best sleep schedule I've had in 2 years
Seriously? This is it? I give you a 24 hour break and another 2 days of game time and this is it? I have waited 3 day phases for this big analysis of the game? You keep saying "It takes time for me to work up to doing some good work" and this is all I get? At this point you have to be taking the piss.
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

RondoDimBuckle wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 7:35 am
lucy wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:21 pm
Marmot wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:19 pm Who is your towncore lucy?
boq, jjj, rondo

Seriously? This is it? I give you a 24 hour break and another 2 days of game time and this is it? I have waited 3 day phases for this big analysis of the game? You keep saying "It takes time for me to work up to doing some good work" and this is all I get? At this point you have to be taking the piss.
EBWOP
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

RondoDimBuckle wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 7:30 am
Fingersplints - Never in my life have I seen such slanking ignored and people willing to town read for it. Nothing and more nothing. I want her head so bad or something resembling solving the game state
You know if you want someone to contribute more than continued posts like this aren’t really the way to go about it, right?
Gro-oo-ovy
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

Dyslexicon wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 9:43 pm Rondo is also very townie to me.
One question though,
@RondoDimBuckle The one game I played with you, you were town siding 3p. You were a lot more tunnely in that game. Here you seem more careful and considerate, though not really going anywhere. Do you think that is a fair assessment? Do you know why that is?
I dont even consider it 3P. I dont know why I have to keep saying that. It was a town 3p mechanically but the only way I saw playing that was as town. I was more tunnely in that game because I wanted to get the coin and dip via death. Plus I switch up my game play every game. Sure I am a ball of chaos and fun but I can do it many different ways which is why Ender is so cautious towards me. Rightly so. This game I have been more cautious sure but I have had Mac and Ender vouch for me early and Boq/Dizzy mid game. I have played this game different again like all my other sure but I feel like I have also put some good moves to extract content and provided some good analysis as well. I wouldnt say I am going nowhere. I am just have been more closer to the vest with my calls than you are usually used to.
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

ok, If I missed any @'s let me know again by @ing me and tagging the post. Time to read on
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

fingersplints wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 7:38 am
You know if you want someone to contribute more than continued posts like this aren’t really the way to go about it, right?
:shrug: At this point with all your lack of content do I care if I get more of no content? No. I want you to go because I think you are a mafia
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

EnderWiggin wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:23 am
Alison wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 12:41 am I have a kinda busy day today, so I'll be around slightly less. (Will still be around though.) Will be totally free tomorrow.

It feels like fingersplints was saved by this last minute Wilgy wagon and she is currently my top suspect.
Why wasn't I saved by that EOD wagon?
Were you?
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

Alison wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:57 am
EnderWiggin wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:29 am Lemme just do a quick sort:

Boquise
Creature
Dyslexicon

Alison
RondoDimBuckle
lucy

Marmot
NateTheLesser
fingersplints

JaggedJimmyJay

EnderWiggin

Note: This is not a thorough rereading, just wanted to get my current state of the game thoughts into thread.

My Dizzy D1 read will have to be re-evalled. I can't hold that one just because I think I have meta. I will not lie that I am pre-disposed to thinking town. Will appreciate other reads.

Creature is not a slot I think we should care about today. If he is scum then he's on the back of several other good scum but I honestly think EOD1 is just kinda clearing for him.

Boq is my blind spot and the fact that he was the first one to bring up the JJJ/Him/Alison probable wolf is just browny points and I love it.
This isn't a horrible readslist. I would put Dizzy lower but it seems like you are re-evalling him anyway. I think Creature is town too but for slightly different reasons - he showed up at two EODs where a town LHF was run down and spent the entire time bitching and whining about how we're getting it wrong when he could have just sat there, voteparked falcon/Wilgy and started eating popcorn if he was scum.

How confident are you on your Rondo read?
What is your read on me? You keep talking in and around my slot, why not ask me some direct questions?
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

Marmot wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:56 pm You're approaching 300 posts, I wouldn't call that little
lucy wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:56 pm
Marmot wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:49 pm
lucy wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:22 pm dizzy just started playing, which could be contrived, so neutral lean
I don't understand this observation. Has he not been playing?
hasn't said much of anything game relevant until now yes
more of my problem with Lucy
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

lucy wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:58 pm
Marmot wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:51 pm And why is your first stance on him a Day 3 post that says "Oh he's finally playing now"?
in my community I'd have single handedly forced a Lynch by now and cowed everyone else
So why havent you tried in this community? You havent even tried to garner any thread clout or push any suspicions more than just general talk. Why havent you tried to lead a wagon? You just seem happy to let other people push the Agenda? If you say you are so agressive? Where is it? Why are you getting angry at people like Seanzie for "not being aggressive enough"? Why havent you been angry at yourself for not being aggressive enough? Is this Aggressive enough for you?
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:01 pm
lucy wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:59 pm
Marmot wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:57 pm
lucy wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:56 pm
Marmot wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:51 pm And why is your first stance on him a Day 3 post that says "Oh he's finally playing now"?
that's not a stance, that's an observation
In the same post I was referencing, you stated a stance of "neutral lean"

If you had to lean one way or the other, which would you pick?
scum lean
Rude
if this post is about dizzy --
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:05 pm
Marmot wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:01 pm Dizzy, what do you make of lucy saying you've done next to nothing until this point?
I don't know. I've seen some of her takes feels like they are missing the mark. Like calling out arguably the most aggressive player in game for not being aggressive. That was weird.
hah
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

NateTheLesser wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:09 pm Putting this vote down for now:
[VOTE: Creature] aubergine

My top suspect is still Fingersplints for the same reasons as yesterday, with the additional point that Seanzie was pushing her for a time yesterday and is now dead. But I also want some more heat on Creature. I know a few people have voiced a townread, so I'm interested in hearing more about whether it's because he's playing to his town meta or something more than that.
>votes creature
>Top suspect is fingersplints

Distancing but also ready to claim cred if I manage to push her over?
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

Boquise wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:20 pm
NateTheLesser wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:18 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 1:33 pm
NateTheLesser wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 1:28 pm I'm not sure I agree as much as the rest of you that NKA points so strongly to a wolf in Jay/Boq/Alison, YET. I think that would be true if the thread consensus yesterday had been that there must be a wolf in those three, but that wasn't the thread consensus IMO. (Not that it couldn't be true, I just don't think the Sean kill should make us tinfoil that trio without other reasons to tinfoil).
I'm not sure that I follow. Is there a way that you could re-word or re-state the orange portion?
Sure. Not to make everything about champs, but, I think the pattern that Boq is applying is that there were some games where it became notable that a certain group of "known to be good at the game" players weren't being NK'd (the game with Nanook/Jack/Dobby is one), and the thread consensus became that the group can't be all pure, and because there was a wolf in that group they continued to kill elsewhere so as not to narrow that "POE". And I'm saying I don't think we match that pattern at this point, because "there must be a wolf in Jay/Boq/Alison" was not a consensus yesterday.
lets just depart to standard game stuff tbh
If 1 wolf gets put in the strong town group of a game, there will later be issues for said wolf. "Why are you still alive?"
Wolf can choose between two things: a) play delibaretely worse than the other strong town. b) kill outside of the group, but not inside the poe. When the "Why are you still alive" question occurs, there will be other players that question can be applied to as well.

Though I will won't discuss that much more since it is game theory tbh
@Alison
@Boquise
@Dyslexicon
@JaggedJimmyJay
@lucy
Why are you still alive?
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:25 pm
lucy wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:21 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:19 pm Oh fuck, I did the poop tell. Lockscum. Well, GG, I was Illwei
@JaggedJimmyJay from what Ran told me scum makes it socially uncomfortable for me to vote them, doesn't this seem like an example to you?
Why do you think it's socially uncomfortable if you vote me?

I think it's probably not a great idea.

Why are you asking Jimmay, specifically?

Puzzling, you are.
Why does social comfortability go into it?

I know Alison is about to try and ream me for my posts.
I will even bet she will say something along the lines of "macs shield doesnt matter anymore" or some bullshit
but I dont care If you have a suspicion speak out about it or nothing will get done while everyone sits huddled in a circle dying one by one. This post I do not like

Also Why are you asking Jimmay, specifically?
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 594

Post by Dyslexicon »

Marmot wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 1:51 am
Dyslexicon wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:17 pm I'm not going to tinfoil Marmot anymore. He just sounds awkward when he responds to me sometimes, and that is ok.
I'm not even responding to you right now, what do you mean lol
I've felt like you've sounded awkward sometimes, is what I mean. It's not a very useful comment. Maybe like buddying, but you "should" be more suspicious than that? I don't really think it's useful for me to explore this though
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

Boquise wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:38 pm
fingersplints wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:37 pm I’m surprised to still be alive. Kinda checked out thinking it was over for me, so have catching up and what not to do. This break for the 4th might work out well for me to think
...did you think you'd get NK'd?
no when she dipped from chat she was top wagon and this is still no solving. But she can take the time to be performative
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:40 pm Now that I've said that, I think the interaction that stands out the most to me is Fingers/boq. They have weird interactions.
stop mind melding with me
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

NateTheLesser wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 2:49 am
Dyslexicon wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:21 pm Here are some anti-teamings I plotted down while reading. Ask if they are weird

Finger/Alison
Finger/Creature
Boq/Alison
Ender/Jimmay
Marmot/Finger ?
Creature/Ender EoD1?
Why are Finger/Creature unpaired?
Because Finger chose to vote Creature close to EoD 2, when she was a leading wagon with Marmot. I think it, maybe mildly, makes them unteamed.
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

What the hell is with all this poop talk? What is poop gate?
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

NateTheLesser wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 3:00 am Those who know Mac better, a hypothetical: on D1 he had a kill list of Dizzy/Creature/Falcon/Wilgy + Marmot. I imagine he generally expects to die N1. If he finds himself still alive D2 in this game, does he assume he's only alive because his list was wrong and start over? Or is someone on there dying?
That's a wide enough PoE, that he would still probably work from it. However, he would adjust upon new information/content.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

RondoDimBuckle wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:12 am What the hell is with all this poop talk? What is poop gate?
peepeepoopoo
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Boquise wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 3:49 am
Dyslexicon wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:24 pm I have gripes with Alison again. Unless Fingers is mafia, she is way off.

@Boquise You're pointing out that you think there's mafia between you/Alison/Jimmay, yet I don't see you go hard in figuring out which one (or both) of Alison and Jimmay that is. What gives?
See it as "Boq has limited time and stressing and also a bit of a coward because what if he is wrong he needs to analyse more aaaaaaaa"
Why should I see it as that? That leaves me very unsatisfied. I'd expect you to dig way more into Jimmay and Alison. You have the chance. You don't seem to have that much time constraints that you can't follow the game. I hear you on the coward thing, but please uncoward yourself if you're town here.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Boquise wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 3:55 am
Dyslexicon wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:32 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:21 pm Here are some anti-teamings I plotted down while reading. Ask if they are weird

Finger/Alison
Finger/Creature
Boq/Alison
Ender/Jimmay
Marmot/Finger ?
Creature/Ender EoD1?
Alison would bus Finger probably

I'm sure there are more anti-alignments, and I'll take suggestions.

Lucy/Marmot probably one
Alison/Nate?
Why do you think this?
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Boquise wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 3:59 amFtr it was how you town read Marmot. It felt very sudden on the wall and I think scum are more prone to dance around/have a sort of progression when they town read a partner
I get that. I'd town read a partner if they're posting well.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

EnderWiggin wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 4:48 am
Dyslexicon wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:03 pm
EnderWiggin wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:00 pm I do think you are favouring his logical consistency and state in thread a lot more than I am
I think he would break his scum range hard if he's mafia here tbh
Wut?
He feels like he's out of his scum range to me.

Your tone towards me here is a little weird. You seem more stressed than happy that I'm viewing the game pretty much the same way you are rn?
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

Marmot wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:42 pm Rondo has been surprisingly absent today, hope to hear from him in day 3.2
I am probably going to be the same level of involvement from here on out.

Is this enough interactions for you my highness?
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

RondoDimBuckle wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 7:43 am
:shrug: At this point with all your lack of content do I care if I get more of no content? No. I want you to go because I think you are a mafia
Yea but you have been getting “more of no content” because of continued posts like this you have made.
Gro-oo-ovy
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

EnderWiggin wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 4:51 am
Dyslexicon wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:23 pm One of the teams that would make the most sense and be beautiful right now is Jimmay/Boq/Finger, however I have a reason for town reading Boq that I think is strong, and I also don't really think Finger is mafia.

Jimmay + Marmot also makes a lot of sense, however I town read Marmot.

I'm wondering if Creature is so called threadspewed from Alison and Jimmay. Not sure about this.
That sounds like you're scumreading both Alison and JJJ? Talk me through that.
They are both possible mafia. And if either of them are, their read on Creature reads more like buddying and TMI than partner-y. Probably.

Alison might be ok. Pending on Fingers alignment, her direction for this game has not been a good one. I struggle because her vibe and how she interjects herself in thread is not what I associate with her mafia play. I probably don't have a great sense of her meta though actually.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

fingersplints wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:20 amYea but you have been getting “more of no content” because of continued posts like this you have made.
Who are you most suspicious of right now?

Do you agree that the Sean kill says something about the game state, or do you glean anything from it at all? You mentioned still reading J town.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

EnderWiggin wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 4:52 amI want your words on this town list.
Will have to be later
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

RondoDimBuckle wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:16 am Am I the only one seeing Lucy trying to @ seanzie? I can't tell if its a huge dumb tell or a fake dumb tell. I feel like I am constantly insane when reading Lucy's stuff. Someone stop me from tunneling her because I am getting mad
Nah, that's meaningless. Sean was viewing the thread.
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:14 am
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:12 am What the hell is with all this poop talk? What is poop gate?
peepeepoopoo
benis
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

fingersplints wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:20 am
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 7:43 am
Yea but you have been getting “more of no content” because of continued posts like this you have made.
weird flex but ok
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

It's hard to keep defending Fingers at this point.
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:04 pm
lucy wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:00 pmlots of thread control after Mac and Sean died who had similar thread control, leaving you unchallenged. if you're right, and town, I will assume that you'll get chopped. its damned if you do and damned if you don't because I have to make a quick read on you that is less open to interpretation before break starts tbh.
Eh. I don't think I have thread control. I'm not trying to take thread control either, I'm trying to make sense of things, and most of all find a direction to sheep or build towards. But like, I don't think I'm coming in all control-y or whatever.

I don't see how my presence is like Mac's or Sean's. And would that not make me town, or no? So confused as to what you're saying.

Ngl, but this take of yours seems kind of bullshit-y, I regret to inform you.
Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:25 am
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:16 am Am I the only one seeing Lucy trying to @ seanzie? I can't tell if its a huge dumb tell or a fake dumb tell. I feel like I am constantly insane when reading Lucy's stuff. Someone stop me from tunneling her because I am getting mad
Nah, that's meaningless. Sean was viewing the thread.
But I keep seeing posts like this. How are the things she is doing meaningless and yet she is confusing you too. I dont think there has been a single person in this game that hasnt been thrown by her weirdness at some point. Maybe I am just not in a compassionate mood to give anyone the benefit of the doubt but my god.
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 572
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Boquise wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:09 am So like I could sit here and bs a read on you that looks good on paper because I am aware that I have a good tone. Like just to prove a point I could do that, but that would be a waste of time since it is hollow and not something I am married to. Why am I not bs'ing elegant reads, iyo? Like my Marmot read was based on small feels/vibes + thread state where I localised through PoE who, on D1, that could be the likeliest scum. But that is a read made after not reading much. Had I been online at eod, I would have voted Falcon. I am aware that my Marmot thing is an eyebrow-raiser. Here lies another wifom question: as scum, and regardless of Marmot's alignment, would I let my one vote and one harder d1 scum lean be so underdeveloped and then visibly not care that much about it the next day phase?
I don't quite understand this paragraph. It's a bit all over the place. To answer the orange question: sure, that seems plausible for mafia you. I'm not sure I would give many players that particular brand of credit if anyone. I have to make some generous assumptions to discard you as a suspect on that basis.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

I had a dream that Jimmay + Marmot were mafia, or rather that I read the thread and that become obvious to me. So I guess I feel that at some level.

Jimmay/Boq/Fingers
Jimmay/Marmot/Alison

^Constellations around this. Creature is somewhere in there too, though I worry he's bait. But I do not like his play.
Marmot/Fingers seems unlikely.
All other combinations with the five, I think works?

So unless I'm just wrong and have egg on my face from town reading Ender, this is where I'm at.
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

G-Man wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 9:08 pm Thank you all for respecting the announced start time for the thread being locked (give or take a few minutes). While I knew that I would be out of town and reliant on my phone to lock the thread, I did not realize that I was going to be in a location that teetered back and forth between no service whatsoever and a single bar.

I was not able to lock it until I got home several hours later. Thank you for respecting me, your host, as well as your fellow players.

The game now resumes until the Day 3 poll deadline.

ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:22 am
fingersplints wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:20 amYea but you have been getting “more of no content” because of continued posts like this you have made.
Who are you most suspicious of right now?

Do you agree that the Sean kill says something about the game state, or do you glean anything from it at all? You mentioned still reading J town.
Well I’m resisting the strong urge to do a personal/self vote atm; hopefully cooler heads prevail.

Creature.
Cold follow Marmot on Lucy.

I don’t know about the Sean kill. Kills always have some meaning but not necessarily obvious. What a mean by that is Sean is a solid player but not necessarily one who can easily sway the entire thread or one who can be relentless with a suspicion (like Mac) so that kill might not be from someone who he was suspecting. Plus be a set up to look like that. Don’t know.
I do agree it’s interesting choice of kill over the more obvious town, and as I said I do understand the suspicion and paranoia there now just not sure I’m ready to vote there yet
Gro-oo-ovy
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:28 am It's hard to keep defending Fingers at this point.
Have you been defending me?
Mentioning, yes.
Gro-oo-ovy
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Boquise wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:14 am I wish I had tried to force people who ignored that exercise to do it tbh
I dont think you have been pushed hard or a lot for the cop thing so "I'm sick of hearing" is quite strong language tbh

The exercise was nice because I think it for one shows where one's mind is focused, for two it does show some associatives tbh
The dialogue leaves me rather titled.

Separately, you had said that my choice for a "cop check" on Wilgy played into your decision to vote for Wilgy. That doesn't sit right with me. As I said before, eliminating someone is very different from a hypothetical cop ID, and treating "let's literally flip the player's role card" as a substitute is both opportunistic and it transfers some weight of blame to me for an elimination that I did not vote for.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

NateTheLesser wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 9:22 pm I'll be in and out tonight, but I'll drop what I was working on over the pause. In the first part of the day, I was pretty comfortable with a starting POE of Fingersplints / Creature / Dizzy, but winning POE at this point is 5 and I was not having an easy time figuring out who else I would slot in there, mainly because there are points for and against everyone, nobody's "obvious" in a game like this. So I went through and summarized the pluses and minuses for myself (in alphabetical order):

Alison
+ Switched to Falcon near EOD rather than staying off wagon.
+ Questioning others’ posts in ways that are detailed and have a point (rather than open-ended questions that don’t lead anywhere).
- Quick turnaround from suspecting me to helping me push Fingersplints (this is paranoia that turns into a big plus if Fingersplints flips wolf obviously).

Boq
+ Putting energy into sorting Rondo, who is a player that would be easy to leave in general POE tbh.
+ In general, seems to be sorting with an open mind tbh.
+ Brought up the idea that Sean’s kill points to a wolf in himself/Jay/Alison.
= Didn’t vote for Falcon but did put him at bottom POE at a key point while also saying he thought they could be a potential mischop. (Also reminded Jay on D2 that he (Boq) had scumleaned Falcon and should be looked at along with Falcon voters, which looks good tbh)
- Started the final Wilgy wagon tbh.
- Scum lean and vote on Marmot D1 seemed weak tbh (partly based on lack of activity when Marmot said he wouldn’t be around until later in the phase).
- Pockety tbh.

Creature
+ Started the late Ender wagon D1 instead of just letting Falcon go over.
= Gave an early townread of Fingersplints when she hadn’t really posted anything yet and then walked it back when asked about it.
-- Has seemed superficially interested in others’ reasoning but hasn’t seemed to actually care about cases.
- In the middle voters for both Falcon and Wilgy, though they ended up on other wagons.
- Dropped off D2 and especially D3 (only 2 comments so far).

Dizzy
+ Now that they’ve caught up I can see more behind their reads.
- Middle vote for both mischops.
- Votes in general seem more informed D1/D2 than their thread presence would suggest.
- Pockety.

Ender
+ Putting more thoughts in the thread lately.
+ Not playing the same as the qualifier.
- Not playing the same as the qualifier.
- Not much in-thread lead up to his Falcon vote after the early town lean.
- Middle vote for both mischops (though with Falcon he was a middle voter, left, and then came back near EOD, so that one’s more neutral for me).
- NKA wise, Seanzie pushed Ender both days.

Finger
+ The early town lean on Falcon was when he was an early wagon.
= Seemed interested in pushing Falcon over Creature specifically.
-- Middle Falcon voter, relied on others’ reasoning.
- Has promised analysis but hasn’t followed through much.
- Mild NKA, Seanzie was pushing the Fingersplints wagon for a while.

JJJ
++ ISOs and unpairing work don’t strike me as superficial (case in point: asking me about discrepancy in Dizzy’s vote when doing that ISO)
+ Pushed back against the Wilgy chop
- Mild NKA, Seanzie was tinfoiling Jay early D2.

Lucy
+ Seems really similar to her town game in her qualifier.
+ Votes are difficult to see any agenda in. Last vote for the mischop D1 when it didn’t matter, ended on sleep D2.
= No reads unless pressed to give them, but they’ve been mostly non-consensus when she has.

Marmot
++ Vote moves are for reasons I can generally follow (called out Ender’s progression on Falcon D1 to vote there, backed off Sean with an ISO yesterday rather than just backing down)
+ Generally seems like they’re trying to solve people.
= 2nd vote for Wilgy, but the late move off to Creature and then back seems towny. Could have easily avoided ending up on the wagon.
- Looks the worst from basic NKA; Mac’s legacy was to kill Marmot if Falcon was town, Sean was pushing Marmot for much of D2.
- Lucy pushes feel off if Lucy’s town. D2 was piling on behind Sean. Today there were points where it felt like he was trying to get some flames going between Lucy and Dizzy.

Rondo
+ D2 felt much more focused from them (w!Rondo probably wouldn’t need to switch up what was working so far).
+ Pushed back on me saying they didn’t have reasoning for voting Fingersplints.
- Still a mild ping from encouraging Seanzie to keep Lucy in POE D1 (if she’s town).

---

I think based on the above I could pull Ender into POE to get 4, but the 5th is the really tricky part because it requires considering the whole "is there a wolf in JJJ/Boq/Alison" question, and I think that's a question that will hopefully be clearer after a couple more flips (ideally one of them a wolf flip).

Anyway, nitpick!
Ok Nate can go to null/low town with Ender, if I keep seeing more stuff like this. This is quality. I dont really agree with everything persay (specifically Dizzy) but at least its showing me a mindset
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

RondoDimBuckle wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:31 amBut I keep seeing posts like this. How are the things she is doing meaningless and yet she is confusing you too. I dont think there has been a single person in this game that hasnt been thrown by her weirdness at some point. Maybe I am just not in a compassionate mood to give anyone the benefit of the doubt but my god.
Yeah, she's weird. Her observations seems counter to what is actually happening. I don't see how that is AI though.
I town read her for her opening regarding how she was glad she randed town, because she would be a liability as mafia. That seems to invite scrutiny as mafia. Unless she is so confident in her abilities as mafia that she thinks she can fool us all, but that seems counterintuitive then this is her second forum mafia game and the players here are strong. I also liked the persistent interest and questioning of Marmot and Jimmay, it really seemed to come from somewhere. The way she makes reads largely based on how other people are treating her seems towny to me. Her being off beat or weird doesn't seem AI to me, that just seems like her.

Also the Sean thing is meaningless for her alignment for me, because Sean was viewing the thread at that exact time. I almost wrote something to Sean too, but decided not to.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

fingersplints wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:35 am
Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:28 am It's hard to keep defending Fingers at this point.
Have you been defending me?
Mentioning, yes.
No, but I have been leaving you alone. I was talking in general terms.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

RondoDimBuckle wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:03 am @Alison
@Boquise
@Dyslexicon
@JaggedJimmyJay
@lucy
Why are you still alive?
If I had to give a gun-to-head answer, it's because 1) Mac and Sean were both broadly town read and more menacing threats as pressure cookers than I am as Mr. Conversation, and/or 2) I have been shielding mafia in some capacity.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Return to “Previous Hustles”