Fanta (Host/Mod/Dead/NP)
40%

Total votes: 10
LinearPoint
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 31

Re: Jestermania [DAY 1]

Post by LinearPoint »

hollowkatt wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 1:53 pm no, chopping the jester is not realistically treated like mischopping a townie. Chopping the jester, in this game, is the same as chopping town in F3. The game is over. It's not desirable to avoid it MUST be avoided for either side to win the game.
OK, but advocating to not lynch Mafia because they might be the Jester is also a losing scenario.
So this mentality is just bad.
ImageImage
hollowkatt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 119

Post by hollowkatt »

falcon45ca wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 1:58 pm Does the Jester lay low in hopes of a "death to slankers" mentality take hold of the town?

@Marmot what do you think?
tbh that's not a horrible idea. Just be vaguely wolfy, low post, and let the natural bloodthirsty nature of TS take over.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImage
tutuu wrote:fluffy furry
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
hollowkatt
Racketeer

Post by hollowkatt »

LinearPoint wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 2:05 pm
hollowkatt wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 1:53 pm no, chopping the jester is not realistically treated like mischopping a townie. Chopping the jester, in this game, is the same as chopping town in F3. The game is over. It's not desirable to avoid it MUST be avoided for either side to win the game.
OK, but advocating to not lynch Mafia because they might be the Jester is also a losing scenario.
ok, what's the solution then? because I want to win this game. I don't want to go "lulz we chopped the jester d1 wasn't that fun and funny".

We lose the game if the jester is chopped. there are no KP roles for town in the setup, so either we identify the jester and ignore them forever and freeze them out, or we what, hope wolves NK them?
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
LinearPoint
Money Launderer

Post by LinearPoint »

hollowkatt wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 2:14 pm
ok, what's the solution then? because I want to win this game. I don't want to go "lulz we chopped the jester d1 wasn't that fun and funny".

We lose the game if the jester is chopped. there are no KP roles for town in the setup, so either we identify the jester and ignore them forever and freeze them out, or we what, hope wolves NK them?
But if we don't lynch anyone we lose.
I do not get how you think advocating to not lynch anyone is ever a good idea even if Jester is in the game.
ImageImage
hollowkatt
Racketeer

Post by hollowkatt »

LinearPoint wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 2:17 pm
hollowkatt wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 2:14 pm

But if we don't lynch anyone we lose.
I do not get how you think advocating to not lynch anyone is ever a good idea even if Jester is in the game.
show me where I said I don't want to chop people? What I said was we can't treat chopping the jester like getting a townie wrong because chopping the jester ends the game.
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
hollowkatt
Racketeer

Post by hollowkatt »

that means use caution, not "don't do chops" lol
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
LinearPoint
Money Launderer

Post by LinearPoint »

Pray tell how you do expect to know who is the Jester?
ImageImage
hollowkatt
Racketeer

Post by hollowkatt »

LinearPoint wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 2:20 pm Pray tell how you do expect to know who is the Jester?
no I don't expect to know who the jester is. But what I do know is that many people will play jester "weird", especially if it is their first time. They'll be more chaotic than normal, they may make reads they don't normally make, or post things that are out of character for them as either alignment. That would be indicative that maybe we don't want to look there.

Yes that's a path for wolves to take as well idgaf really.

My only point in responding to you the first time was that jester <> mistake on town and you're kinda blowing that out of proportion.
Are you the jester we should be freezing?
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
LinearPoint
Money Launderer

Post by LinearPoint »

hollowkatt wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 2:22 pm
LinearPoint wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 2:20 pm Pray tell how you do expect to know who is the Jester?
no I don't expect to know who the jester is. But what I do know is that many people will play jester "weird", especially if it is their first time. They'll be more chaotic than normal, they may make reads they don't normally make, or post things that are out of character for them as either alignment. That would be indicative that maybe we don't want to look there.

Yes that's a path for wolves to take as well idgaf really.

My only point in responding to you the first time was that jester <> mistake on town and you're kinda blowing that out of proportion.
Are you the jester we should be freezing?
The point I'm making is that the identity of the Jester is unknowable.
And trying to play around it is nearly pointless as we just cannot afford to not lynch people because there is a Jester alive.
We can't not play the game because Jester is alive especially since we know the Mafia Goon is likely going to try their best to appear identical to a Jester since it's their only protection from the Cop.
ImageImage
falcon45ca
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 57

Post by falcon45ca »

LP is moving pieces around, but not actually playing the game IMO
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
LinearPoint
Money Launderer

Post by LinearPoint »

falcon45ca wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 2:30 pm LP is moving pieces around, but not actually playing the game IMO
I mean you've made 24 useless posts, so I think I'm being far more productive than you.
Your reads are completely random with no logical thread connecting any of them. I wouldn't be surprised if you said after the game you've just been flipping coins.

Your read on Scotty being scum for voting you is lazy at best.
You also said one of me and LC are Mafia out of no where with the evidence of some vague notion that the interaction between the two of us is fake which doesn't even make sense for TvS as both players have to be in on it for it to be fake.
Like if I were HK I'd accuse you of being Jester with just how little effort you have put into anything and how you jump around from no votes to random votes.
ImageImage
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 101
Preferred Pronouns: HE

Post by NotAnAxehole »

LinearPoint wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 2:41 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 2:30 pm LP is moving pieces around, but not actually playing the game IMO
I mean you've made 24 useless posts, so I think I'm being far more productive than you.
Your reads are completely random with no logical thread connecting any of them. I wouldn't be surprised if you said after the game you've just been flipping coins.

You also said one of me and LC are Mafia out of no where with the evidence of some vague notion that the interaction between the two of us is fake which doesn't even make sense for TvS as both players have to be in on it for it to be fake.
Like if I were HK I'd accuse you of being Jester with just how little effort you have put into anything and how you jump around from no votes to random votes.
That's a lot of words to say:

no u
Russian Machine Never Breaks 769 #3
2022 Stats
| Overall 4-6 40% | Town 4-6 40% | Mafia 0-0 - |

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
| Overall 6-5 55% | Town 4-5 44% | Mafia 2-0 100% |
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
LinearPoint
Money Launderer

Post by LinearPoint »

NotAnAxehole wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 3:03 pm

no u
Look there is a post limit not a character limit.
I will milk the post dry.
I just wanted to really drive home the fact that Falcon is just being overly projecting.
ImageImage
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer

Post by NotAnAxehole »

LinearPoint wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 3:06 pm

no u
I just wanted to really drive home the fact that Falcon is just being overly projecting.
How do you know he's projecting?

What does that mean for his alignment?

Why does it matter how his contributions relate to yours?
2022 Stats

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

I was voting Scotty first...

You don't have to agree with my reasoning, but I do have it.

You seem flustered...why is that?

Are you SR, TR, or JR my slot?
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
LinearPoint
Money Launderer

Post by LinearPoint »

NotAnAxehole wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 3:15 pm

no u

Well it's obvious I've been making contributions and him saying I was not was a blatant lie.
Compounded by the fact he himself has been posting fluff is very evident that he is just projecting.

Right now, his behavior is what I expect from someone trying to appear as a Jester, so he is either the Mafia Goon or Jester.
I was thinking it well before his comment around the time he was rapidly changing votes and giving reads with 0 explanation, but his last post to me solidifies the fact that he is trying to appear as a Jester since it was such an easily debunked lie.
ImageImage
hollowkatt
Racketeer

Post by hollowkatt »

[VOTE: linearpoint] aubergine
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
LinearPoint
Money Launderer

Post by LinearPoint »

Although Falcon's last post does give some pause.
I didn't see it when posting, but that isn't quite the response I expected from a Mafia or Jester.
ImageImage
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer

Post by NotAnAxehole »

LinearPoint wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 3:21 pm

no u

Well it's obvious I've been making contributions and him saying I was not was a blatant lie.
Compounded by the fact he himself has been posting fluff is very evident that he is just projecting.

Right now, his behavior is what I expect from someone trying to appear as a Jester, so he is either the Mafia Goon or Jester.
I was thinking it well before his comment around the time he was rapidly changing votes and giving reads with 0 explanation, but his last post to me solidifies the fact that he is trying to appear as a Jester since it was such an easily debunked lie.
If he's town, then he's not projecting or lying, he's just playing in a manner you disagree with, hmm?
2022 Stats

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
LinearPoint
Money Launderer

Post by LinearPoint »

NotAnAxehole wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 3:29 pm
LinearPoint wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 3:21 pm

no u

If he's town, then he's not projecting or lying, he's just playing in a manner you disagree with, hmm?
Projection no as he might think he's doing something productive with his posts I guess.
It's still a lie though since I don't see how someone can sincerely make that argument. Best you could say it was an ignorance post and Falcon literally has not read anything this game.
I can't really fault him for intentionally lying as Town as I've done that numerous times.
ImageImage
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer

Post by NotAnAxehole »

So, the real question is @LinearPoint are you projecting onto Falcon what you view as scummy in your own play, or are you genuinely confused about how people come about scum reads in a mafia game, or do you think Falcon is lying, and is in fact mafia for it?
2022 Stats

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
LinearPoint
Money Launderer

Post by LinearPoint »

NotAnAxehole wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 3:33 pm So, the real question is @LinearPoint are you projecting onto Falcon what you view as scummy in your own play, or are you genuinely confused about how people come about scum reads in a mafia game, or do you think Falcon is lying, and is in fact mafia for it?
I haven't made a scummy post this game, so no, and he is lying I know that.
But he has made some posts that I don't fully expect from a Mafia.
I'm still leaning on Mafia. He's also not flipping Jester.

Only issue is I'm also still scum reading HK and Dolby with there being only 2 Mafia.
So 3 scum reads means I know I'm wrong one of them. Perhaps Dolby.
ImageImage
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 110
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

lol if you think LP has an ounce of jester energy in how they approached the game at first, you’re mistaken. LP as jester makes zero sense. Mafia, yes. LP didn’t intend to set themself up as a lynch target I don’t think.

Your comment here seems to imply that you think they’re just saying words to say words, like a jester. Even tho you’re currently voting there.

That’s why….

You could be the jester. Just scummy enough not to be a NK target.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Scotty wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 3:42 pm
lol if you think LP has an ounce of jester energy in how they approached the game at first, you’re mistaken. LP as jester makes zero sense. Mafia, yes. LP didn’t intend to set themself up as a lynch target I don’t think.

Your comment here seems to imply that you think they’re just saying words to say words, like a jester. Even tho you’re currently voting there.

That’s why….

You could be the jester. Just scummy enough not to be a NK target.
Dude, I don't think he's Jester...

I'm pretty positive that I've poked Marmot as Jester
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

LinearPoint wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 3:37 pm
NotAnAxehole wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 3:33 pm So, the real question is @LinearPoint are you projecting onto Falcon what you view as scummy in your own play, or are you genuinely confused about how people come about scum reads in a mafia game, or do you think Falcon is lying, and is in fact mafia for it?

Only issue is I'm also still scum reading HK and Dolby with there being only 2 Mafia.
I have lost count of the number of times I've heard scum make this defense
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Am I surprised that the 2 player's I called out as scum are voting for me?

No, I am not.

You two are both OMGUSin', and to the one of ya that's actually town?

Ya better than that
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer

Post by NotAnAxehole »

falcon45ca wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 3:55 pm

How far did you get before losing count?
2022 Stats

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

NotAnAxehole wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 8:02 pm

How far did you get before losing count?
I smoke a lot of weed dude, ain't got time for that shit

Recently Mac pulled it in....Champs I believe
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

I think falcon is a good chance at being jester with how he’s approached the game thus far

LC why you there

Scotty
Jeff

Re: Jestermania [DAY 0]

Post by Scotty »

Scotty wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:18 am
Scotty wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 5:31 pm Falcon not a jester confirmed
I obviously rescind this

But my question to Lp still stands: how does one differentiate between mafia scummy and jester scummy?

I don’t think there’s a clear answer
@LinearPoint

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

“I haven't made a scummy post this game”
This is a post someone makes that is very cognizant of the perception other people have of them.

I’m not sure that’s exactly damning but it’s not exactly a towny post lol

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Oh ok hi fellow Vulcan

Lime Coke
Hitman
Posts in topic: 49
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Aka: BradLand

Post by Lime Coke »

Scotty wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 8:30 pm I think falcon is a good chance at being jester with how he’s approached the game thus far

LC why you there
I don't get his post talking about me and LP having a wolf in us with a discussion that was about the same as the conversations that happened a few times already in the game.

Plus his answer to my initial question felt like he was trying to compensate for the lack of an answer by voting/talking about someone else entirely different.
Image Image ImageImageImageImage ImageImage
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer

Post by NotAnAxehole »

Scotty wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 8:30 pm I think falcon is a good chance at being jester with how he’s approached the game thus far

LC why you there
But I'm the Jester.
2022 Stats

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
LinearPoint
Money Launderer

Post by LinearPoint »

falcon45ca wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 6:38 pm Am I surprised that the 2 player's I called out as scum are voting for me?

No, I am not.

You two are both OMGUSin', and to the one of ya that's actually town?

Ya better than that
Have you tried scum hunting?
I heard that is generally more effective than scumsiding if you're aiming to win as Town.
So, I guess if you were to stop trying to act like a Jester maybe I could Town read you.
The problem is you have not yet actually called out a single player this game. You made a few half-assed reads and refuse to back them up with anything.
You are the antithesis of Town you are trying to not help Town at this point.
Scotty wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 8:33 pm
Scotty wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:18 am
Scotty wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 5:31 pm Falcon not a jester confirmed
I obviously rescind this

But my question to Lp still stands: how does one differentiate between mafia scummy and jester scummy?

I don’t think there’s a clear answer
@LinearPoint
I answered that here.
LinearPoint wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 1:24 pm The main reason I'm not really worried about the Jester is because the way I see it a good Jester will be indistinguishable from a Mafia Goon.
So we just cannot actually find the Jester and the only way to really guarantee someone is a Jester is for the Cop to check them and either the Goon dies or the GF claims to say they are the Jester.
Neither of those outcomes I'm particularly banking on, so really it's not like actively searching for the Jester will help and worrying about "they might be Jester" just will lead to a lot of tied votes or barely voted on lynches.
There is just quite literally not a way of accurately picking out the Jester, so it is pointless to try.
ImageImage
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 16

Post by DrWilgy »

falcon45ca wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 1:58 pm Does the Jester lay low in hopes of a "death to slankers" mentality take hold of the town?

@Marmot what do you think?
Yes
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Dolby
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 10
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his
Aka: Morg, Dolbster

Post by Dolby »

1/10th of the way to Dolby (10)
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 29
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

ISO links are up in the first post.
hollowkatt
Racketeer

Post by hollowkatt »

at some point I am going to advocate for killing dolby.
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 34
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Sorry I was asleep
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 16

Post by DrWilgy »

Sorry I was asleep
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
hollowkatt
Racketeer

Post by hollowkatt »

sorry I was katze
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

A² / √121 + i(0) = sin (a + ¥45000,60)

Dolby is more likely to be mafia than jester by my calculations.

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

[VOTE: Dolby] aubergine

falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

hollowkatt wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 8:48 am at some point I am going to advocate for killing dolby.
Towny mindmeld?
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 91
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Sorry for being non existent. Been a busy couple days. I also thought I'd have internet access on my computer but I don't

Someone give me a read to sheep plz

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Mafia: Image Image Image Image
Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
hollowkatt
Racketeer

Post by hollowkatt »

Marmot wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 12:24 pm Sorry for being non existent. Been a busy couple days. I also thought I'd have internet access on my computer but I don't

Someone give me a read to sheep plz
dolby is anti-town. I don't know if he's wolf or jester though.
LinearPoint I think is a wolf. While they could be jester I think they're just furry.

I think falcon and nanook are town. scotty too.
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Why are games so dead on this site?
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

This is like the second Day 1 in a row where nothing has happened.
hollowkatt
Racketeer

Post by hollowkatt »

I think there's a certain amount of fear that we're going to chop the jester today and the game will end.
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws

Return to “Previous Rackets”