Le petit poussin
little bird sh*t
Posts in topic: 273
Aka: Raskolnikov, Volfoni

Re: RPG Mafia D2

Post by Le petit poussin »

Marmot wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 10:20 am
Le petit poussin wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 10:18 am
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 10:16 am Rask = LPP, right?
Correct. We playdd that boomer game on MU earlier this year. I wolfsided D1 and Blade vigged me
Lolol I forgot about that game. What a disaster for town :haha:

I'm definitely partially to blame
I wish I could tbh.
Spoiler: show
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 398
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Syn wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 5:51 am
Syn wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 5:49 am
Syn wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 5:33 am w!dunia could pick someone besides scotty or lp for competing cases as a means of generating wifom

if she flips wolf, we'll spend future chops wasting them on scotty and lp because she advocated so heavily for their wagons to dissipate
i associate dunia's wolf game with a) an overarching agenda and b) strategic usage of AtE and camaraderie to receive personality-based town reads

b was present, but a was not

is the above significant enough to count as a?
scotty's post about as many of the wolves as possible needing to survive until a certain phase to maximize kills is of interest when placed next to my wifom theory regarding dunia
Yeah. But he uses that idea to push me and Tony, which is....yeah. Not the best use of that theory.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

I remember very little about that game beyond being frustrated and right about Michelle and wrong about everything else and posting lots of boomer memes.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Syn wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 5:33 am w!dunia could pick someone besides scotty or lp for competing cases as a means of generating wifom

if she flips wolf, we'll spend future chops wasting them on scotty and lp because she advocated so heavily for their wagons to dissipate
i associate dunia's wolf game with a) an overarching agenda and b) strategic usage of AtE and camaraderie to receive personality-based town reads

scotty's post about as many of the wolves as possible needing to survive until a certain phase to maximize kills is of interest when placed next to my wifom theory regarding dunia
this would also explain w!hollowkatt's enthusiastic reply to scott's mech post
Agreed. Like if Dunya is a wolf, I think Scotty is a wolf because of the way they've treated each other. And if Dunya and Scotty are a wolf, it's a really bad look for HK. HK is townie in a vacuum but he's treated Scotty and Dunia as townier than they actually are with very subjective language. Like admitting that things about them are to a degree wolfy but not to a degree that would ever make him scumread them.

I don't actually trust my ability to pick out 3 wolves prior to any wolf flips on D2, though.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Syn wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 5:53 am

this would also explain w!hollowkatt's enthusiastic reply to scott's mech post
i regret to inform myself that this world means scotty is town
wut? Like Dunia and HK are using WIFOM to make town Scotty look bad? I mean...I guess that's a possibility but it's not necessarily the case.

Actually....yeah, if there's one townie in that group, it might be Scotty over HK.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

I still wanna yeet all three into the sun and let Mod sort them out.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Dunia always goes first though. Based on like game theory and shit.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Scotty wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 8:04 am

This game is really messy for a lot of reasons if she is wolf. Too many people advocating her death that could be bussing, and then her spew and hard defending of others that also could be her partners.

If she is wolf, shes done a good job simultaneously throwing doubt about so many players and the behavior of said players makes it all that harder to sort
This is objectively true. Which is why I'm hardly looking at who Dunya is actually defending at all, once I determined her treatment of others was full of agenda. How others treat Dunia otoh... :beer:
hollowkatt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 322

Post by hollowkatt »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 10:22 am

a) is totes present in this game. A lot of Dunya's vote shifts have seemed agenday to me. Either to nudge things away from potential teammates (notably Scotty), towards potential misyeets (notably Wilgy) or just to change up the topic when things have settled down in a place that's bad for her (though tbf, there is motivation for that kind of switch as a townie). Like, the vote changes from Dunya don't feel like natural "I am a townie and I have seen a thing that causes me to change a read that causes me to change a vote" votes. They feel not like a good guy solving a puzzle but a bad guy making moves on a chessboard.
tbh I want to believe in this
ImageImageImageImageImage
tutuu wrote:fluffy furry
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
hollowkatt
Racketeer

Post by hollowkatt »

fuck it, lets kill dunya
flipping dunya wolf makes jack look pretty good and I think that's a good thing. [VOTE: dunya] aubergine
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
Le petit poussin
little bird sh*t

hollowkatt wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 10:34 am

a) is totes present in this game. A lot of Dunya's vote shifts have seemed agenday to me. Either to nudge things away from potential teammates (notably Scotty), towards potential misyeets (notably Wilgy) or just to change up the topic when things have settled down in a place that's bad for her (though tbf, there is motivation for that kind of switch as a townie). Like, the vote changes from Dunya don't feel like natural "I am a townie and I have seen a thing that causes me to change a read that causes me to change a vote" votes. They feel not like a good guy solving a puzzle but a bad guy making moves on a chessboard.
I have something to say about this post, but not rn.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Scotty wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 8:32 am Like holy balls TSP is the 5th highest poster and I don’t remember anything he’s said besides ‘dunya is bad’
This is honestly part of why Tony is always town, here.

As a wolf, I feel like Tony meanders a lot, blending in by not being blendy, if that makes sense. He's focused, here. He truly thinks he has correct reads on Dunya and myself. Wolf Tony doesn't have those surefire reads, especially on two players that are notoriously hard to yeet, where the flexibility of his vote could make a big difference in how the day goes.
hollowkatt
Racketeer

Post by hollowkatt »

Le petit poussin wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 10:36 am

shame.
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
Urist
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 226

Post by Urist »

hi good morning
i've realized that dunya is town sorry for the confusion
hollowkatt
Racketeer

Post by hollowkatt »

Urist wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 10:43 am hi good morning
ok, in your world do town jack and town tsp push town dunya as their preferred chop for today
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
Le petit poussin
little bird sh*t

hollowkatt wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 10:38 am

shame.
Actually I am prolly wrong so nvm ( I thought you were baiting again using Jacks post)
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 403
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Someone: but you know, a wolf wouldn't be the top poster in the thread on day 2

Me: points to Highway Heist Hally

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 536
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Marmot wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 10:14 am Scotty, let's not call naa a game-throwing turd bucket.

I don't understand what he's doing with you either tbf
It’s a compliment. Think of all the flowers that could grow from him.

Regardless, my town read of him was hingeing on the idea that he believed what he was spouting about my tell. My digging into what he believes is my tell would tell me the truth of the matter.

Maybe I’ve missed it and it’s some bizarre puzzle, but I think it more likely that the whole thing was just a scheme for him to hide behind.
A) I get mislynched D1 because of it. NAA goes “oopsie! Add it to the statistics my bad”
B) I don’t get mislynched and I start to look like a less likely mislynch afterwards.

We’re in timeline B, and NAA just gets to shrug it off and do the bare minimum of reading people.

What other contributions has he made towards the solve of this game thus far?
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
hollowkatt
Racketeer

Post by hollowkatt »

Le petit poussin wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 10:44 am

shame.
Actually I am prolly wrong so nvm ( I thought you were baiting again using Jacks post)
lol no, not baiting this time.

Where I'm at is either I'm super wrong on dunya or I'm super right and jack/tsp are super wrong. if I'm super wrong then dunya is a wolf and hooray. If I'm super right then it's very likely that Jack/TSP contains min one wolf which is also hooray b/c we have a really good place to start doing things.
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Jack and hk, since you're both here, can I hear your reads on Rask?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Jackofhearts2005
something funny

A rainbow!
Jack
Tony
NAA
Syn
Marmot

Urist
Sig
Rask
Dolby

HK (this read has the potential to jump around alot)
Dya (as does this one)
Scotty

Dunia

Note how there is no light green, suggesting an uncanny amount of confidence in Jack's top 3 townreads and a large section of players he considers largely passive (at least when he's been online) in the yellow zone.
hollowkatt
Racketeer

Post by hollowkatt »

Marmot wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 10:47 am Jack and hk, since you're both here, can I hear your reads on Rask?
Sure. I like him for town. He's playing in a way that is very familiar to me when he is town. His wolf games are a little more focused in terms of trying to accomplish things whereas here he's very much "I'm gonna say the things that pop into my head and idc really what people think of them"

He and I were a wolf hydra this past season and his play there was very much advancing an agenda and making targeted pushes. This isn't that Rask.
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Scotty wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 10:47 am
Marmot wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 10:14 am Scotty, let's not call naa a game-throwing turd bucket.

I don't understand what he's doing with you either tbf
It’s a compliment. Think of all the flowers that could grow from him.

Regardless, my town read of him was hingeing on the idea that he believed what he was spouting about my tell. My digging into what he believes is my tell would tell me the truth of the matter.

Maybe I’ve missed it and it’s some bizarre puzzle, but I think it more likely that the whole thing was just a scheme for him to hide behind.
A) I get mislynched D1 because of it. NAA goes “oopsie! Add it to the statistics my bad”
B) I don’t get mislynched and I start to look like a less likely mislynch afterwards.

We’re in timeline B, and NAA just gets to shrug it off and do the bare minimum of reading people.

What other contributions has he made towards the solve of this game thus far?

I don't expect to be able to figure out his alignment based on his approach to the game. I expect to figure out his alignment based on how wolves are treating him.

I do agree with him that that because his approach isn't always apparent to everyone, it is easier for wolves to inevitably push him at some point (I've been guilty of this as a wolf), and I think it's easier to spot that than to figure out whether what NAA is doing is AI.

I dunno, that's my take on NAA

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 10:36 am
Scotty wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 8:32 am Like holy balls TSP is the 5th highest poster and I don’t remember anything he’s said besides ‘dunya is bad’

As a wolf, I feel like Tony meanders a lot, blending in by not being blendy, if that makes sense. He's focused, here. He truly thinks he has correct reads on Dunya and myself. Wolf Tony doesn't have those surefire reads, especially on two players that are notoriously hard to yeet, where the flexibility of his vote could make a big difference in how the day goes.
I am by no means a TonyStakPrime expert, but for someone’s mafia game to be pared down to 0’s and 1’s in that he “never has surefire reads” is pretty blasé. I would think wolf Tony could change up his game to a better extent than that

Jackofhearts2005
something funny

hollowkatt wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 10:47 am
Le petit poussin wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 10:44 am

shame.
lol no, not baiting this time.

Where I'm at is either I'm super wrong on dunya or I'm super right and jack/tsp are super wrong. if I'm super wrong then dunya is a wolf and hooray. If I'm super right then it's very likely that Jack/TSP contains min one wolf which is also hooray b/c we have a really good place to start doing things.
There's no way there's exactly 1 wolf in TSP/Jack. I would stake the game on Tony's alignment. But if that's what it takes to get you on the Dunya first path, fine.
Urist
Loan Shark

Post by Urist »

Syn wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 5:49 am i associate dunia's wolf game with ... b) strategic usage of AtE and camaraderie to receive personality-based town reads

Do you have an example of this as her meta? I was actually thinking the opposite last night, that she's still salty from Mac's play in space invaders and would steer away from AtE-like things as mafia.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 10:51 am A rainbow!
Jack
Tony
NAA
Syn
Marmot

Urist
Sig
Rask
Dolby

Dya (as does this one)
Scotty

Dunia

Note how there is no light green, suggesting an uncanny amount of confidence in Jack's top 3 townreads and a large section of players he considers largely passive (at least when he's been online) in the yellow zone.

3 green townreads and 1 green marmot?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

But Jack! You didn't include Wilgy

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

hollowkatt
Racketeer

Post by hollowkatt »

Jack
Tony
NAA
Syn
Marmot

Urist
Sig
Rask
Dolby

Dya (as does this one)
Scotty

Dunia

I kinda wanna swap dya and dolby on your list but otherwise that's an accurate representation of where I've come to be. Yes that means I've flipped my reads on dunya and scotty mostly b/c I don't think those two can be town if you and tsp are town and if that world does exist the wolf team is going to be like Syn, Dolby, Rask or something completely fucked up like that.
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Scotty wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 10:52 am
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 10:36 am

I am by no means a TonyStakPrime expert, but for someone’s mafia game to be pared down to 0’s and 1’s in that he “never has surefire reads” is pretty blasé. I would think wolf Tony could change up his game to a better extent than that
Tony's a skilled player, no doubt. I still think meta is like a thing. Toss out "never." There are a lot of things players are significantly more likely to do as town than wolf and vice versa and Tony is checking his town boxes without checking his wolf ones.
Dolby
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 430
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his
Aka: Morg, Dolbster

Post by Dolby »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 7:38 pm Also, I’d like to hear why everybody who has voted LP thinks LP is scummy.

Admittedly, I normally lock LP in as town (or so obvious town, she must die) very quickly (like 2/2 games we’ve played together). I haven’t done that here. But she’s also the popular CW to the player I want yeeted and nobody has said (that I’ve read) a reason to scumread her that is even marginally compelling.
tbh if she wasn't posting not good logic line posts (SoD2 in particular) it's that she isn't obv town rn, unlike TF2
hollowkatt
Racketeer

Post by hollowkatt »

Marmot wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 10:54 am But Jack! You didn't include Wilgy
or LP
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Or LP :ponder:

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Your rainbow is also LP, Jack

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Fuck.

Wilgy is my only light green read. :biggrin:
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

HK will you marry me

Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Marmot wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 10:55 am Your rainbow is also LP, Jack
Along with LP :haha:
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Jack, Wilgy, LP are the mafia team confirmed.

[VOTE: Jack] aubergine

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Jack go look at Wilgy's ISO and tell me why he's light green.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dolby
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 430
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his
Aka: Morg, Dolbster

Post by Dolby »

hollowkatt wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 10:54 am
Jack
Tony
NAA
Syn
Marmot

Urist
Sig
Rask
Dolby

Dya (as does this one)
Scotty

Dunia

I kinda wanna swap dya and dolby on your list but otherwise that's an accurate representation of where I've come to be. Yes that means I've flipped my reads on dunya and scotty mostly b/c I don't think those two can be town if you and tsp are town and if that world does exist the wolf team is going to be like Syn, Dolby, Rask or something completely fucked up like that.
Weren't you hard townreading me

Also what happened to CFC gang? :(
hollowkatt
Racketeer

Post by hollowkatt »

Scotty wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 10:55 am HK will you marry me
no sorry. I swore off marriage in 2013
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

A better rainbow!
Jack
Tony
NAA
Syn
Marmot

Wilgy (largely a gamestate read that could change if Dunya is town)
LP (also a gamestate read that could change a LOT if Dunya is town because there is one compelling reason to scumread her, that she's not obviously town on her own merits)

Urist
Sig
Rask
Dolby

HK (this read has the potential to jump around alot because I don't think all of my oranges are wolves)
Dya (as does this one for the same reason)
Scotty

Dunia
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

hollowkatt wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 10:58 am
Scotty wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 10:55 am HK will you marry me
no sorry. I swore off marriage in 2013
It’s ok
My wife doesn’t believe in polyamorous relationships anyway

Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 10:59 am A better rainbow!
Jack
Tony
NAA
Syn
Marmot

LP (also a gamestate read that could change a LOT if Dunya is town because there is one compelling reason to scumread her, that she's not obviously town on her own merits)

Urist
Sig
Rask
Dolby

HK (this read has the potential to jump around alot because I don't think all of my oranges are wolves)
Scotty

Dunia
In fact, all of my light greens and oranges are placed largely based on the certainty of my Dunia wolfread. A lot of stuff changes if she happens to be town, though I'm pretty damn sure she isn't.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I was half-joking, but I don't understand how Jack completely misses Wilgy in his rainbow (or LP for that matter) and then puts him in at light green.

I would like an explanation for that read.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Jack
Tony
NAA
Syn
Marmot

Urist
Sig
Rask
Dolby

Scotty

Dunia
Is your SR of me directly correlated to dunia flipping bad?

Why am I specifically bad in your eyes?

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 11:00 am
Jack
Tony
NAA
Syn
Marmot

Urist
Sig
Rask
Dolby

Scotty

Dunia
In fact, all of my light greens and oranges are placed largely based on the certainty of my Dunia wolfread. A lot of stuff changes if she happens to be town, though I'm pretty damn sure she isn't.
We’ll that’s pretty lazy ngl

Urist
Loan Shark

Post by Urist »

NotAnAxehole wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 10:10 am
Scotty wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 10:08 am This game is frustrating me to no end
:feb:
you're a bad person
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Jack is theory-crafting

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Urist
Loan Shark

Post by Urist »

hollowkatt wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 10:44 am
Urist wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 10:43 am hi good morning
ok, in your world do town jack and town tsp push town dunya as their preferred chop for today
nope

Return to “Previous Jobs”