GAME OF CHAMPIONS 2021 Endgame (town and 3p win)

Hell yeah?

Hell yeah
13%
HELL YEAH
63%
k
25%

Total votes: 16
Belzy
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 637
Aka: Erika (Mafia Cafe), Internet Cupid (MU)

Re: GAME OF CHAMPIONS 2021 D2a

Post by Belzy »

Paopan wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 5:16 pm
Belzy wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 5:10 pm
Paopan wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 5:10 pm Okay guys look. It's pretty simple
If the pool flips 0/4 scums
It is on the other side of the map ---> MacDougall, JPIC, Sloonei, Falcon
Didn't check the numbers but I think we still afford to dispose some townies today
If only those 4 were listed rn.
We can.. We can...tmrw...
Also expecting a townie provides a good quote and receive a gun tomorrow and proceeds to shoot another townie.
Master Radishes wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 5:11 pm
Paopan wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 5:10 pm Okay guys look. It's pretty simple
If the pool flips 0/4 scums
It is on the other side of the map ---> MacDougall, JPIC, Sloonei, Falcon
Didn't check the numbers but I think we still afford to dispose some townies today
Why are those four the 'other side of the map' from our current options? How do those four fit together?
Let's talk about it post-flip ^^
For now, let's relax... enjoy the EoD

To summ it up.
I'm still hard claiming Town Protective
The hard question is... does mafia have the balls to let me live through the night and lynch me tomorrow for being a LHF
or just straight-out visit me tonight? hihi
I am really set about having only the current 8 options.
Belzy
Money Launderer

Post by Belzy »

Sad* not set
Master Radishes
Hitman
Posts in topic: 445

Post by Master Radishes »

Should be noted for context, I think, that I stopped reading Guillo's posts a long time ago. I skim and scan now and then but otherwise ignore them. I find them too performative, wildly speculative, and in general simply unhelpful to my own solving process, as bad as it may be on its own. So I actually only saw this via Alexa quoting it and asking about it.
Guillotine wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:39 am I believe if you two were wolves together would be doing a better job at distancing so this is not it. Are you two scum from different factions? @ilario @alexa
It's actually not as pingy when I read it again now, but at the time this felt like needless fear-mongering. Like, I get his follow-up argument about 3P semantically counting as 'scum', but Guillo is dipping from overly performative into unecessary speculation with the purpose of...I mean, I don't know a towny purpose for this, actually. But I guess then again I don't know a towny purpose for any of Guillo's persona. Anyway, it pinged me at the time because Guillo is notorious for his high mech games, and I can't believe he'd try to push the narrative of multiball in a game that is clearly not.

But Guillo is performative (ofc), and seemingly being deliberately contrarian. It feels like he's playing his own game in his own thread when he posts. He is figuratively shouting about his wild theories but none of his words actually have much follow up to them, and certainly no impact on the game, and he doesn't actually come across in his actions as being concerned about convincing us of his views. He is omgusing and targeting his accusers' credibility left and right.

^That's how I'd describe him in Spiderverse (my one experience of him being scum) and it's sort of how I'm ready to describe him here, caveat being, yeah, I'm not really reading his posts properly, because every time I start to I roll my eyes so far into the back of my head I go momentarily blind.

In a vacuum, it's a wolfy slot. Being 'weird' is not a saving grace for someone like Guillo, from my limited experience.
Paopan
The Mark
Posts in topic: 181
Preferred Pronouns: Paopan
Aka: God of ICT

Post by Paopan »

Oh wait... Sabie, c4 Sig dropped... what? 112, Guillo, TSP increased?

I'm getting more confident than before that we got wolves inside this pool
Master Radishes
Hitman

Can we please keep Sig as one of our 4?

That nutella shot was gross and now he's basically ghosted us since.
Porscha
Made Man
Posts in topic: 171

Post by Porscha »

hollowkatt wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:32 pm I'm Doctor Mc Shooty BPVFace
I dunno what BPV stands for but are you pulling out a 1 time doc lie to make it out of this round of voting or what. why reveal that right now
You're being an unacceptable level of stupid, with zero sexy, and no sense of humor.
Spoiler: show
Image ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Paopan
The Mark

Post by Paopan »

Master Radishes wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 5:18 pm Should be noted for context, I think, that I stopped reading Guillo's posts a long time ago. I skim and scan now and then but otherwise ignore them. I find them too performative, wildly speculative, and in general simply unhelpful to my own solving process, as bad as it may be on its own. So I actually only saw this via Alexa quoting it and asking about it.
Guillotine wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:39 am I believe if you two were wolves together would be doing a better job at distancing so this is not it. Are you two scum from different factions? @ilario @alexa
It's actually not as pingy when I read it again now, but at the time this felt like needless fear-mongering. Like, I get his follow-up argument about 3P semantically counting as 'scum', but Guillo is dipping from overly performative into unecessary speculation with the purpose of...I mean, I don't know a towny purpose for this, actually. But I guess then again I don't know a towny purpose for any of Guillo's persona. Anyway, it pinged me at the time because Guillo is notorious for his high mech games, and I can't believe he'd try to push the narrative of multiball in a game that is clearly not.

But Guillo is performative (ofc), and seemingly being deliberately contrarian. It feels like he's playing his own game in his own thread when he posts. He is figuratively shouting about his wild theories but none of his words actually have much follow up to them, and certainly no impact on the game, and he doesn't actually come across in his actions as being concerned about convincing us of his views. He is omgusing and targeting his accusers' credibility left and right.

^That's how I'd describe him in Spiderverse (my one experience of him being scum) and it's sort of how I'm ready to describe him here, caveat being, yeah, I'm not really reading his posts properly, because every time I start to I roll my eyes so far into the back of my head I go momentarily blind.

In a vacuum, it's a wolfy slot. Being 'weird' is not a saving grace for someone like Guillo, from my limited experience.
What's the flip tho? You left out the most important thing
Creature
Made Man
Posts in topic: 1419

Post by Creature »

hollowkatt wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 5:03 pm my home site used to play 240hr days 72ish hour nights. Was a lot of fun. Post counts were never insane though. It's not like people thread camped for 10 IRL days straight just hyperposting
Used to play mafiascum which was like 14 days long day phases. It was such a drag I needed to play five games at once so I wouldn't grow bored and forget I am playing a game.
Master Radishes
Hitman

Paopan wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 5:21 pm
Master Radishes wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 5:18 pm Should be noted for context, I think, that I stopped reading Guillo's posts a long time ago. I skim and scan now and then but otherwise ignore them. I find them too performative, wildly speculative, and in general simply unhelpful to my own solving process, as bad as it may be on its own. So I actually only saw this via Alexa quoting it and asking about it.

Read the bit in ( ) afterwards - he was scum there.
Master Radishes
Hitman

Anyway, dipping out. Will try to come back for EoD but no promises.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Master Radishes wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 5:20 pm Can we please keep Sig as one of our 4?

I don't mind policying him. sabie, on the other hand, I think has somewhat helped town with her shot.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Porscha wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 5:21 pm
I dunno what BPV stands for but are you pulling out a 1 time doc lie to make it out of this round of voting or what. why reveal that right now
BPV = bulletproof vest
Paopan
The Mark

Post by Paopan »

Probably bullet proof vest
Creature wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 5:21 pm
hollowkatt wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 5:03 pm my home site used to play 240hr days 72ish hour nights. Was a lot of fun. Post counts were never insane though. It's not like people thread camped for 10 IRL days straight just hyperposting
Used to play mafiascum which was like 14 days long day phases. It was such a drag I needed to play five games at once so I wouldn't grow bored and forget I am playing a game.
Bruh... This is my current state on day 2
Master Radishes wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 5:22 pm
Paopan wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 5:21 pm

Read the bit in ( ) afterwards - he was scum there.
Ah so. Got it.
Guillo is probably scum here. Possibly, no one town read him but no one wants to vote for him either
Paopan
The Mark

Post by Paopan »

Creature wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 5:23 pm
Master Radishes wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 5:20 pm Can we please keep Sig as one of our 4?

I don't mind policying him. sabie, on the other hand, I think has somewhat helped town with her shot.
Thanks for this. Now I'm wanting to flip sabie more and save sig
Paopan
The Mark

Post by Paopan »

brb 1h
Belzy
Money Launderer

Post by Belzy »

Paopan wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 5:19 pm Oh wait... Sabie, c4 Sig dropped... what? 112, Guillo, TSP increased?

And who are like town or wolves bases on these motions?
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

Creature wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 1:16 pm Also I'm not taking responsibility if we end up lynching the town nightvig as I opposed to it
Creature wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:37 pm Let's just flip the town nightvig already
huh?
You're being an unacceptable level of stupid, with zero sexy, and no sense of humor.
Belzy
Money Launderer

Post by Belzy »

Paopan wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 5:25 pm
Creature wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 5:23 pm

Thanks for this. Now I'm wanting to flip sabie more and save sig
I am not following.
Justplayingitcool
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 617

Post by Justplayingitcool »

c4e5g3d5 wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 1:46 pm
Justplayingitcool wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 1:35 pm
c4e5g3d5 wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 1:33 pm
Justplayingitcool wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 1:30 pm do i dare believe that derp
I mean she's town anyway
Im talking about guil not knowing about poetry
Oh.

I can believe it but the problem with so many derps like this is why is that even an alignment derp?
Because you would assume the wolves discuss poetry on a thursday afternoon with tea
Belzy
Money Launderer

Post by Belzy »

Justplayingitcool wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 5:34 pm
c4e5g3d5 wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 1:46 pm
Justplayingitcool wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 1:35 pm
c4e5g3d5 wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 1:33 pm
Justplayingitcool wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 1:30 pm do i dare believe that derp
I mean she's town anyway
Im talking about guil not knowing about poetry
Oh.

I can believe it but the problem with so many derps like this is why is that even an alignment derp?
Because you would assume the wolves discuss poetry on a thursday afternoon with tea
Sounds lovely irl tbh
hollowkatt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 219

Post by hollowkatt »

I'm not pulling out anything to make it out, and revealing it when I'm guaranteed to die here is because it's funny as fuck to me.
ImageImageImageImageImage
tutuu wrote:fluffy furry
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
Justplayingitcool
Racketeer

Anyway, as dya pointed out, guillo is probably the type to fake derps so im not gonna read into it
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

Guillotine wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 4:06 pm Scum team

Phil and Gloria
Dyachei
TonyStarkPrime
Marmot
Dyslexicon
Sloonei

It makes sense
I like this list as I feel a lot of mac/tsp/sloonei interactions have been happening but I also dont think highly of pao atm (however I am a terrible read of them fwiw sooooo take it with a grain of salt I guess)
I also can't really verbalize why I don't feel great about 112, call it gut
I still think decent chance dya is wolf and took marmot shot to confirm themselves as town and I dont feel like they have had a ton of towny reads in my eyes since then to disprove that.
I am more on the fence about mac and sloonei but iirc mac was shielding sloonei earlier so idk maybe that interaction has something there since we've seen dizzy protect marmot
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat
Posts in topic: 212
Preferred Pronouns: They/them

Post by dyachei »

guillo just thinks im a wolf because I called him one for focusing on 3p
Belzy
Money Launderer

Post by Belzy »

Porscha wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 5:38 pm
Guillotine wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 4:06 pm Scum team

Phil and Gloria
Dyachei
TonyStarkPrime
Marmot
Dyslexicon
Sloonei

It makes sense
I like this list as I feel a lot of mac/tsp/sloonei interactions have been happening but I also dont think highly of pao atm (however I am a terrible read of them fwiw sooooo take it with a grain of salt I guess)
I also can't really verbalize why I don't feel great about 112, call it gut
I still think decent chance dya is wolf and took marmot shot to confirm themselves as town and I dont feel like they have had a ton of towny reads in my eyes since then to disprove that.
I am more on the fence about mac and sloonei but iirc mac was shielding sloonei earlier so idk maybe that interaction has something there since we've seen dizzy protect marmot
But why as mafia shoot mafia when there is also 3p
c4e5g3d5
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 266

Post by c4e5g3d5 »

I started reading this page and regretted it immediately
Progression cases are bad.
Justplayingitcool
Racketeer

I extremely doubt dya is the type to shoot their partner ice cold like that.

Occams razor says dya is not mafia
Belzy
Money Launderer

Post by Belzy »

@ilario why are you only voting for Guillotine?
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 227

Post by 112 »

why is alexa voting for me?
Loan Shark

Post by 112 »

Paopan wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 5:19 pm Oh wait... Sabie, c4 Sig dropped... what? 112, Guillo, TSP increased?

wolfy post
Loan Shark

Post by 112 »

yeah i actually think paopon is wolfing after reading this whole page
Belzy
Money Launderer

Post by Belzy »

Most are mia, a bunch say the might be back right bedore eod. Another eod madness. No orchestrated town. We are doomed. And mafia decides ties lol
alexa
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 978
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers/herself

Post by alexa »

112 wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 5:55 pm why is alexa voting for me?
i'm voting you for two reasons

1. you are right on the outskirts of my POE and i believe there's deeper wolves

2. the case wilgy wrote reminded me of that earlier comment you'd made on an interaction between me/dizzy that should've been NAI. they also brought up some points about how you shouldn't be cleared for your pushes as they could've easily been distancing that registered w/me

also i have a meeting in 2 minutes and may not be here for EOD
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

i might vote sabie over 112 but i don't want to kill wilgy anymore
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

switching to sabie in case i can't be back for EOD
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)

Post by DrWilgy »

Hollowkatt ISO
hollowkatt wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:07 pm
Marmot wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:05 pm Hi, my name is DrWilgy, and I am most definitely a doctor.
Hi Marmot, my name is DrWigly, and I am most definitely a doctor.
Didn't realize this was a thing. You need to be stopped.

Votes Falcon. Seems RVS to me.
hollowkatt wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:27 pm anyways, quick reads:

townies
alexa
guillotina
seanzie
hk
Radish
C4

outed wolf:
falcon b/c he can't get with the humor
Unsubstantiated Player Soup. Sticking to the RVS Falcon Wolf.

Desires to policy on LP.

Explains that Seanzie is a real TR.

Alison TR.

SR on LP. Interesting progression from LP being meme policy into an actual SR. I can read this as towny if the Policy actually had some gut vibes in there that evolved into an actual read.

Goes out of their way to argue Alexa's scumrange w/ilario.

Day passes Marmot.

Adds Alexa and C4 to Phil&G's towncore request in spite of the previous comment towards ilario.
hollowkatt wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 1:12 am I'd windmill slam dizzy and mac into my wolf pile b/c they make wolf chat fun
hollowkatt wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 11:05 am I like how ender and dizzy have played the last page or two, guillo hard claiming night vig is nai for him but his attitude reads town to me.
HK and Dizzy were teammates.

I'm going to have to stop there because I have like an hour left before eod and I'd rather catch up on what's going on.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Guillotine
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 400
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: King of Bastard Games

Post by Guillotine »

dyachei wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 5:39 pm guillo just thinks im a wolf because I called him one for focusing on 3p
No. That’s not it. I think you are a wolf because because you make sense in a world where Phil, Marmot, Tony and 112 were all picked by a Captain, i think you are a wolf because you are in your wolf meta, where you slank and try to use your clout as an influential player of this community to opportunistically push on players you perceive as LHF, i wolf read you because the other group of players whom i think are scum with you have barely interacted with you and when they have, it’s been insignificantly unimportant and I wolf read you because you used the word “focusing” on 3P hunting, when at the time it was the first time i brought it up and before me, others have and I have not seen you pushing thrm for it, which means you were looking for a reason to scum read me.
Awards

Played
Image Image Image Image Image Image

Hosted

Quotes
Spacedaisy wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:05 am My interaction with Guillo was pocketed town talking to a wolf who had her fooled.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

I have 2 more votes, someone at random tell me arguments for C4, TSP, and Guillo.
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief
Posts in topic: 179
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/herself/they

Post by sabie12 »

I'm home from work back for EoD. I have 2 votes left trying to figure out what the best option is here.
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Further. Someone tell me WHY 112 isn't a wolf. I think after reviewing that slot, I can confidently vote there (even more confidently than sig if that's saying something).
Image Image Image
Belzy
Money Launderer

Post by Belzy »

DrWilgy wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 6:01 pm I have 2 more votes, someone at random tell me arguments for C4, TSP, and Guillo.
You should decide yourself.
Guillotine
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 400
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: King of Bastard Games

Post by Guillotine »

Im not voting MrWilgy now
Awards

Played
Image Image Image Image Image Image

Hosted

Quotes
Spacedaisy wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:05 am My interaction with Guillo was pocketed town talking to a wolf who had her fooled.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

sabie12 wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 6:01 pm I'm home from work back for EoD. I have 2 votes left trying to figure out what the best option is here.
vibes
Image Image Image
LinearPoint
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 513

Post by LinearPoint »

Creature wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 1:36 pm
alexa wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 1:35 pm i see Urist watching us and want to say maaaaaybe LinearPoint lol
I keep forgetting LinearPoint exists
Hi, yes, am reading had things to to and catching up.
ImageImage
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

Guillotine wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 6:00 pm
dyachei wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 5:39 pm guillo just thinks im a wolf because I called him one for focusing on 3p
No. That’s not it. I think you are a wolf because because you make sense in a world where Phil, Marmot, Tony and 112 were all picked by a Captain, i think you are a wolf because you are in your wolf meta, where you slank and try to use your clout as an influential player of this community to opportunistically push on players you perceive as LHF, i wolf read you because the other group of players whom i think are scum with you have barely interacted with you and when they have, it’s been insignificantly unimportant and I wolf read you because you used the word “focusing” on 3P hunting, when at the time it was the first time i brought it up and before me, others have and I have not seen you pushing thrm for it, which means you were looking for a reason to scum read me.
no, i;m in my slank meta, which i have done as all alignments. And I've explained why on multiple occasions (but I take it you haven't read the whole thread). I've explained my reads and they're getting ignored. I was asked what nutella was for instance, and I said town and why and sig fucking shot her anyway.

because other people aren't sitting there saying hunting 3p is just as important as killing wolves. You're wrong. it absolutely isnt as important. there's a chance 3p can win with town. there's no chance of that with wolves

ask sloonei and MR if I was like this in chmaps finale 2 years ago
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Belzy wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 6:02 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 6:01 pm I have 2 more votes, someone at random tell me arguments for C4, TSP, and Guillo.
You should decide yourself.
Alright, I'm trying, but don't have time to process all the needed information, this ask was to build that information, not to be smacked down.

Belzy, thoughts on C4, Guillo, and TSP specifically in a clear and concise message please?
Image Image Image
c4e5g3d5
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 266

Post by c4e5g3d5 »

c4 is >rand v IMO

Serious take is reading bits of the arguments over the last few pages makes me think Guillo isn't the way to go
It's basically all wack but it's a really nuanced kind of wack
Progression cases are bad.
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

and you're getting stuck on the word focus when you had an entire post talking about the numbers and why more than 1 person was 3p. that counts as focusing on it
Justplayingitcool
Racketeer

You should all kill sig imo
LinearPoint
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 513

Post by LinearPoint »

Guillotine wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 3:53 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 3:46 pm At the risk of reigniting more pointless conversation: "3P faction" is very distinctly not "a second mafia team."
Right but it is also very distinctly not town.
That's not true.
Fallout Mafia was ran this year which featured 3rd party factions that had town-like wincons.
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”