[TOWN WIN] Lost in Space Mafia

Moderator: Community Team

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 328

Re: [D2] Lost in Space Mafia

Post by MacDougall »

Alison wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:11 am
NotAnAxehole wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:06 am It's an awkward 3 way conversation because 2 people deliberately avoiding each other and pumping different narratives about their play.
It's funny because I'm not really talking to you either and even said the post that responded to you was actually addressed at the rest of the thread in general.

It's almost like I'm not particularly interested in convincing you that you are scum and I'm not interested in convincing Mac that Mac is town and I am talking to the person I am trying to convince.
that's pretty wolfy tbh, you should do less rational things if you want me to town read you
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 278
Preferred Pronouns: HE

Post by NotAnAxehole »

NotAnAxehole wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:06 am It's an awkward 3 way conversation because 2 people deliberately avoiding each other and pumping different narratives about their play.
It's funny because I'm not really talking to you either and even said the post that responded to you was actually addressed at the rest of the thread in general.

It's almost like I'm not particularly interested in convincing you that you are scum and I'm not interested in convincing Mac that Mac is town and I am talking to the person I am trying to convince.
I mean, you addressed several posts at me... I just didn't respond.
Russian Machine Never Breaks 769 #3
Spoiler: show
2022 Stats
| Overall 4-6 40% | Town 4-6 40% | Mafia 0-0 - |

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
| Overall 6-5 55% | Town 4-5 44% | Mafia 2-0 100% |
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

oh wait no you're alison that read doesn't apply soz my bad
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer

Post by NotAnAxehole »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:12 am

that's pretty wolfy tbh, you should do less rational things if you want me to town read you
??? What she said is blatantly untrue.
2022 Stats

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
Seanzie
Polarized
Posts in topic: 315
Preferred Pronouns: he/him or they/them

Post by Seanzie »

I'd like to point out how Mac changed after Alison showed up
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 120
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Alison »

Seanzie wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:11 am
Alison wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:07 am
Seanzie wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:58 am
Alison wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:56 am
Seanzie wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:45 am
Alison wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:41 am
Seanzie wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:37 am

1. Who is this post aimed at?

2. Why wasn't Fext obvious town, outside of the scumslip? Did his inexperience factor into anything for you?
I am stating my thoughts and casing my top scumread.

Fext wasn't obvious town because everything that came out of his mouth was complete horseshit that I spent much of my iso dismantling. His inexperience made me lean even more towards him being scum because newbie scum struggle to piece together coherent thoughts and as a result they end up having thought processes that don't make sense in perspective. I struggle to see how anyone could call Fext obvious town.
1. Who was your original post aimed at? This is a fair question, I relly don't know, but you use the word "you" a lot, so I need to know who "you" is to fairly judge the post.

2. Can you point to a single newbie scum being able to post as much as Fext has?
1. The word "you" here refers to NAA, re: the stuff about "you said in basic mafia", etc., because I was responding to his post. The post in general is directed at the rest of the thread, because they are who I wish to convince to vote NAA.

2. Off the top of my head, Alexa was coming out strong and spam posting threads from her very first game of forum mafia. At any rate I wouldn't clear someone for volume posting when the content of their posts are really bad.
So like... Fext is at Champs finalist level...

funny thing, I remember when you found out in Spank! that Jo was reasonably new. That pretty strongly affected your read. Why didn't it affect your read here?
Do you think posting a lot is what makes you a Champs finalist?

GGhana is not a newbie exactly but they are a notoriously polarized scum player. They top posted in Hydra G3. The point I am making is that it is absurd to assume that anyone who is newbie scum can't go above a certain number of posts. I think it's reasonable to assume they can't make posts above a certain quality, or to consistently provide good content. This is why I townread Jo in Spank! - she was making townie enough posts that I was willing to just clear her for them because I don't think a newbie scum could fake those posts. At no point did I say "Jo must be town because she is posting too many times". I said "Jo must be town because her posts are good". Fext's posts weren't good. Fext's posts were shit.
Weird thing is though... you didn't change your stance on Fext when you learned they were new like you did Jo. You have a clear uncertain period about you when you leanred Jo was new... none of that appears here.

The postcount thing is all just a distraction to see how your Fext progression went... and guess what? you didn't have one.
Do you want me to link you games where I push someone, they say "I am new" and I don't give a fuck and continue pushing them anyway? Because I can.

You have your head up your own ass if you genuinely believe I care about someone being new or not new when all their posts are garbage. I'm just going to bury them because having bad posts = wolf regardless of if it's a new wolf or an experienced wolf.

Also Fext disclosed he was new before my case on him... so why would you expect my case to have a period of uncertainty as I absorb the knowledge that he is new?
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

This is an isolated wolf having a partner show up and getting a boost of energy because of possibly threadcontrol
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Alison

Re: [D1] Lost in Space Mafia

Post by Alison »

Seanzie wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:12 am
Alison wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:09 am
MacDougall wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:17 pm
Fext wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:05 am given LC is a leading wagon I do have to ask

in poking around I saw he just won a game as mafia where people were like really shocked by his performance

how much does that factor into all of your guys' perceptions of him in this game
found Lime Coke's partner, game is over
MacDougall wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:17 pm Oh wow Fext has a million votes lol.

Well I guess that's good.
MacDougall wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:18 pm and LC isn't one of them lol
MacDougall wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:51 pm Lime Coke if you're town omgussing me because I am calling you and fext outed based on nothing is a pretty bad way to convince me of such
@Seanzie Here are Mac's posts where he strongly pushes LC/Fext as a team before moving to a townread of Fext.
Yes... four posts... and then?
And then he switches off Fext.

Which is exactly what I said happened.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Seanzie wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:13 am I'd like to point out how Mac changed after Alison showed up
yes i enjoy having someone in a game thread townreading me and throwing shit at people who've been annoying me all day, that is a thing that i am guilty of hmm yes u got me i am woof
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Seanzie wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:14 am This is an isolated wolf having a partner show up and getting a boost of energy because of possibly threadcontrol
that's a pretty good point except for that it's entirely wrong and you should get gud
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Alison wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:14 am
Seanzie wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:11 am
Alison wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:07 am
Seanzie wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:58 am
Alison wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:56 am
Seanzie wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:45 am
Alison wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:41 am
I am stating my thoughts and casing my top scumread.

Fext wasn't obvious town because everything that came out of his mouth was complete horseshit that I spent much of my iso dismantling. His inexperience made me lean even more towards him being scum because newbie scum struggle to piece together coherent thoughts and as a result they end up having thought processes that don't make sense in perspective. I struggle to see how anyone could call Fext obvious town.
1. Who was your original post aimed at? This is a fair question, I relly don't know, but you use the word "you" a lot, so I need to know who "you" is to fairly judge the post.

2. Can you point to a single newbie scum being able to post as much as Fext has?
1. The word "you" here refers to NAA, re: the stuff about "you said in basic mafia", etc., because I was responding to his post. The post in general is directed at the rest of the thread, because they are who I wish to convince to vote NAA.

2. Off the top of my head, Alexa was coming out strong and spam posting threads from her very first game of forum mafia. At any rate I wouldn't clear someone for volume posting when the content of their posts are really bad.
So like... Fext is at Champs finalist level...

funny thing, I remember when you found out in Spank! that Jo was reasonably new. That pretty strongly affected your read. Why didn't it affect your read here?
Do you think posting a lot is what makes you a Champs finalist?

GGhana is not a newbie exactly but they are a notoriously polarized scum player. They top posted in Hydra G3. The point I am making is that it is absurd to assume that anyone who is newbie scum can't go above a certain number of posts. I think it's reasonable to assume they can't make posts above a certain quality, or to consistently provide good content. This is why I townread Jo in Spank! - she was making townie enough posts that I was willing to just clear her for them because I don't think a newbie scum could fake those posts. At no point did I say "Jo must be town because she is posting too many times". I said "Jo must be town because her posts are good". Fext's posts weren't good. Fext's posts were shit.
Weird thing is though... you didn't change your stance on Fext when you learned they were new like you did Jo. You have a clear uncertain period about you when you leanred Jo was new... none of that appears here.

The postcount thing is all just a distraction to see how your Fext progression went... and guess what? you didn't have one.
Do you want me to link you games where I push someone, they say "I am new" and I don't give a fuck and continue pushing them anyway? Because I can.

You have your head up your own ass if you genuinely believe I care about someone being new or not new when all their posts are garbage. I'm just going to bury them because having bad posts = wolf regardless of if it's a new wolf or an experienced wolf.

Also Fext disclosed he was new before my case on him... so why would you expect my case to have a period of uncertainty as I absorb the knowledge that he is new?
Don't see the harm. No promise I'll look, but sure gimme those games.

They weren't garbage though... were they? Like Fext flipped town if you didn't check. You were wrong. Fext is commonly townread by wolves IME. He is not perfect, but garbage? nah. Not at all. You wolfy wolfy wolfy and being rude.

pretty sure I told the thread that, not Fext

NotAnAxehole
Racketeer

Post by NotAnAxehole »

@Seanzie let's vote Alison today...
2022 Stats

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:15 am
Seanzie wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:14 am This is an isolated wolf having a partner show up and getting a boost of energy because of possibly threadcontrol
that's a pretty good point except for that it's entirely wrong and you should get gud

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

NotAnAxehole wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:18 am @Seanzie let's vote Alison today...

Seanzie and Axe irl
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

NotAnAxehole wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:18 am @Seanzie let's vote Alison today...
Yeah, sure.

[VOTE: Alison] aubergine

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Seanzie wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:19 am
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Alison has legit been the towniest player in this game every time she's been in the thread you guys are like openwolfing or throwing i swear lol.
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:20 am
Lol, is that the same face you made in CindyKate when I did this?

Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:21 am Alison has legit been the towniest player in this game every time she's been in the thread you guys are like openwolfing or throwing i swear lol.
No. Just bus dude, it will be better for you tomorrow.

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Seanzie wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:22 am
MacDougall wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:21 am Alison has legit been the towniest player in this game every time she's been in the thread you guys are like openwolfing or throwing i swear lol.
believe me I would be bussing if i was mafia with alison right now lol
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

but no i am actually mafia with creature
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer

Post by NotAnAxehole »

Why isn't Alison throwing for exclusively scum reading, exclusively discrediting & exclusively voting townies?

Oh right, that must be her wincon.
2022 Stats

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Like... the change... after this post. It is so pulpable. You can't write this shit.

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Seanzie wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:21 am
MacDougall wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:20 am
Lol, is that the same face you made in CindyKate when I did this?
i dunno, i like this gif and often use it to make people look dumb lol
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

NotAnAxehole wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:23 am
Why isn't Alison throwing for exclusively scum reading, exclusively discrediting & exclusively voting townies?

she has voted one townie and is not alone in this...

if only mafia was as easy as you seem to think it is.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Seanzie wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:18 am Don't see the harm. No promise I'll look, but sure gimme those games.

They weren't garbage though... were they? Like Fext flipped town if you didn't check. You were wrong. Fext is commonly townread by wolves IME. He is not perfect, but garbage? nah. Not at all. You wolfy wolfy wolfy and being rude.

I dug back into my game history and it turns out I actually haven't played with many newbies lately. Here's one from August: https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/th ... -Guns-17er

I was playing under the name Touko Fukawa, and tunnelled Superjack (who's a kinda newish, super polarized LHF player) to hell and back despite them spam posting and doing what many people saw as towntells.
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:23 am
Make this make sense to me and maybe I'll believe you.

NotAnAxehole
Racketeer

Post by NotAnAxehole »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:25 am

she has voted one townie and is not alone in this...

if only mafia was as easy as you seem to think it is.
Let's not forget how she sidelined Lime Coke D1 for his correct reads, but everyone who town read Fext had TMI.
2022 Stats

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
Alison

Post by Alison »

Re: yellow stuff - Fext flipped town. It doesn't mean that their posts made any more sense, or that the logic behind them wasn't terrible. I deconstructed this logic in my response to Fext's posts. When I say his posts are garbage I mean they don't make sense/don't have good logic.

Blue text - doesn't change my point. Fext was outed as a newbie before I cased him, why would you expect there to be a moment of hesitation in my Fext progression as a result of Fext's newbieness?
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Alison wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:25 am
Seanzie wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:18 am Don't see the harm. No promise I'll look, but sure gimme those games.

I dug back into my game history and it turns out I actually haven't played with many newbies lately. Here's one from August: https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/th ... -Guns-17er

I was playing under the name Touko Fukawa, and tunnelled Superjack (who's a kinda newish, super polarized LHF player) to hell and back despite them spam posting and doing what many people saw as towntells.
I'll look at the game, but I'd like you to also respond to my other points. Fext flipped town, so you calling their post garbage is minimally a bit insensitive, and maxially trying to pretend like a townie wasn't a townie.

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Seanzie wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:25 am
i mean as a sentence i believe it stands on it's own two feet...

i bus my teammate alison, i coast to f3 where i just outwim whoever i put there with me.

the alternative is trying to shield my teammate in a game where i have no ability to influence the eventual chop because it will occur while i am asleep.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Turbo this if I flip.
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer

Post by NotAnAxehole »

Fext claiming that he was new is his biggest mistake, mafia just saw an easy target.
2022 Stats

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

you guys seem to have a lot of conviction but also i'm way better at reading alison than you guys are and she's town so like... try something else and we can talk.
Alison

Post by Alison »

You did that through the entirety of basic mafia, was that your wincon there too?
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Alison wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:26 am Re: yellow stuff - Fext flipped town. It doesn't mean that their posts made any more sense, or that the logic behind them wasn't terrible. I deconstructed this logic in my response to Fext's posts. When I say his posts are garbage I mean they don't make sense/don't have good logic.

Blue text - doesn't change my point. Fext was outed as a newbie before I cased him, why would you expect there to be a moment of hesitation in my Fext progression as a result of Fext's newbieness?
How do you go about reading Gavial when you're town?

NotAnAxehole
Racketeer

Post by NotAnAxehole »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:27 am

i bus my teammate alison, i coast to f3 where i just outwim whoever i put there with me.

the alternative is trying to shield my teammate in a game where i have no ability to influence the eventual chop because it will occur while i am asleep.
Yes... You would definitely get credit for bussing when I come into the day saying I'm voting you no matter what. 🤔
2022 Stats

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

NotAnAxehole wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:27 am Fext claiming that he was new is his biggest mistake, mafia just saw an easy target.
well that rules me out as being mafia because
a) I didn't see fext say that and
b) Fext seemed like a solid vet to me
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

NotAnAxehole wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:29 am
MacDougall wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:27 am

Yes... You would definitely get credit for bussing when I come into the day saying I'm voting you no matter what. 🤔
yes... i would... get loads of credit with literally everyone in the game except for you ... because you don't matter ... because i just kill you
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer

Post by NotAnAxehole »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:28 am you guys seem to have a lot of conviction but also i'm way better at reading alison than you guys are and she's town so like... try something else and we can talk.
But you're mafia.
2022 Stats

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:28 am you guys seem to have a lot of conviction but also i'm way better at reading alison than you guys are and she's town so like... try something else and we can talk.
@Alison do you think Mac has a good read on you in general?

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

AS IF I'D KILL AXE THATS THE ONLY KILL THAT POINTS DIRECTLY AT ME JESUS CHRIST ARE YOU PEOPLE DUMB OR WHAT
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Alison wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:27 am
Turbo this if I flip.
Full legacy plz.

Alison

Post by Alison »

Seanzie wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:27 am

I'll look at the game, but I'd like you to also respond to my other points. Fext flipped town, so you calling their post garbage is minimally a bit insensitive, and maxially trying to pretend like a townie wasn't a townie.
No, I am not trying to gaslight you into thinking Fext flipped red. That is absurd.

I am telling you that regardless of Fext's alignment their posts did not logically make sense. I pretty extensively deconstructed why their posts did not logically make sense in my ISO. I believe this to be something done by mafia a lot more than town (except for specific players who are crazy townies like Gavial). Therefore I voted Fext. Whether or not Fext is new doesn't change any of this. I don't see why it is insensitive for me to say that a post is bad when it doesn't make any sense to me. I'm not calling Fext garbage, I'm just saying his posting this game has been bad and I voted him out for it.
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer

Post by NotAnAxehole »

Alison wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:28 am

You did that through the entirety of basic mafia, was that your wincon there too?
Are you saying that you consider us to be equals?
2022 Stats

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

have you considered that your mutual dislike of one another is clouding your collective judgement here?
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Alison wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:31 am
Seanzie wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:27 am

No, I am not trying to gaslight you into thinking Fext flipped red. That is absurd.

I am telling you that regardless of Fext's alignment their posts did not logically make sense. I pretty extensively deconstructed why their posts did not logically make sense in my ISO. I believe this to be something done by mafia a lot more than town (except for specific players who are crazy townies like Gavial). Therefore I voted Fext. Whether or not Fext is new doesn't change any of this. I don't see why it is insensitive for me to say that a post is bad when it doesn't make any sense to me. I'm not calling Fext garbage, I'm just saying his posting this game has been bad and I voted him out for it.
And you really, truly and honestly think Mac is town based on his D1?

NotAnAxehole
Racketeer

Post by NotAnAxehole »

Fext's posts logically followed for anyone who read them with an intent to understand. They were trying to get a grip on what they could trust as a scum read due to limited experience and the disproving of some of their preconceptions.
2022 Stats

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

just did a quick sanity check of my falcon read...

nope still lock town
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer

Post by NotAnAxehole »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:33 am have you considered that your mutual dislike of one another is clouding your collective judgement here?
I don't dislike Alison.
2022 Stats

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats

Return to “Previous Hustles”