Marmot
No votes
MartinGG99
No votes
sig
67%
TonyStarkPrime
No votes
Merasmus the Magician (Host/Mod/NP/Dead)
25%
Click here to join the spec chat.
No votes

Total votes: 12
Dolby
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 273
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his
Aka: Morg, Dolbster

Re: Team Fortress Mafia [DAY 2]

Post by Dolby »

Marmot wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:24 pm I watched Dizzy last night, anyone wanna guess who targeted him?
you should probs claim it 24 hours in if it's just 1 person

that will allow time for discussion

not me though I'm lazy
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 109

Post by sig »

also quick note my caps key is messed up so if it seems like I"m screaming probably not. Unless I am then I'll add the proper emoji
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 179
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Dizzy was targeted by one person, but sure I'll wait until halfway through the day.

Banners and Stuff
Spoiler: show
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Lime Coke
Hitman
Posts in topic: 161
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Aka: BradLand

Post by Lime Coke »

sig wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:21 pm
Lime Coke wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:20 pm
MacDougall wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:08 pm
Lime Coke wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:51 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:48 pm
Lime Coke wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:25 pm @falcon45ca

When you get on let me know your full thought process on Gavial.
I feel I've outlined my feelings on Gav's slot pretty clearly. Do you have a specific question in mind?

I'd put Gav at 72% scum
My thing is that Gavial's mafia game is that his viewpoint is zoned in way more, as in we saw him just tunnel the hell out of Mac during our last game, and I remember him tunneling Alison all game in Baby Mafia.

I didn't keep up with the rest of the game after I died, how was he during the rest of the game when he was mafia? Did he give dichotomies like he's doing this game during Akemi Mafia?
who are your top town?
Nanook, Falcon, LP would be most confident townreads.
Everyone else I've listed on my townlist is slightly below but I would not be voting today or any time soon.
Why those three?
What do you think of Falcon voting off the wagons?
Nanook, while low efforting, is giving something to work with and trying to vote according to how he feels. Also when I gave my first townlist I was thinking of putting him on it, but was afraid of pulling the trigger too early, but then he put himself on top of the list for me and I decided "Sure, I'll accept that" and I'm keeping him there the rest of the game because it's funny and would be amazing if he is indeed town.

Falcon because of posts like #649 where it's a grammatical microread that I've seen him do before as town, and I feel as though that would be difficult as fuck to simulate as mafia even with practice.

LP just overall attempting to solve and trying to figure out what the best vote is for town that actually provides something for the game. Details in reads are pretty good. Responses to pressure were fine as well, nothing over the top, and just continued to play.
Image Image ImageImageImageImage ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Marmot wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:27 pm Dizzy was targeted by one person, but sure I'll wait until halfway through the day.
Yea I'd hold it for a hot second.
ImageImage
LinearPoint
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 455

Post by LinearPoint »

It just seemed a rather 180 turn around from your catchup to a hard assault as soon as a little bit of backup came.
Whihc to me indicates you were afraid just pushing me on your own would be bad.
I also saw you put me, Sabie, and Falcon as the Mafia team which seems weird since I was pushing both Sabie and Falcon a lot yesterday. I don't really think there is ever a world where pushing 2 busses day 1 is a play any Mafia takes.
ImageImage
LinearPoint
Money Launderer

Post by LinearPoint »

Marmot wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:27 pm Dizzy was targeted by one person, but sure I'll wait until halfway through the day.
I like Paranoia and all, but I think Mafia already know which of them did the kill, so not like the others who didn't kill would spew from pressure no?
ImageImage
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Lime Coke wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:28 pm

I feel I've outlined my feelings on Gav's slot pretty clearly. Do you have a specific question in mind?

I'd put Gav at 72% scum
My thing is that Gavial's mafia game is that his viewpoint is zoned in way more, as in we saw him just tunnel the hell out of Mac during our last game, and I remember him tunneling Alison all game in Baby Mafia.

I didn't keep up with the rest of the game after I died, how was he during the rest of the game when he was mafia? Did he give dichotomies like he's doing this game during Akemi Mafia?
who are your top town?
Everyone else I've listed on my townlist is slightly below but I would not be voting today or any time soon.
Why those three?
Nanook, while low efforting, is giving something to work with and trying to vote according to how he feels. Also when I gave my first townlist I was thinking of putting him on it, but was afraid of pulling the trigger too early, but then he put himself on top of the list for me and I decided "Sure, I'll accept that" and I'm keeping him there the rest of the game because it's funny and would be amazing if he is indeed town.

Falcon because of posts like #649 where it's a grammatical microread that I've seen him do before as town, and I feel as though that would be difficult as fuck to simulate as mafia even with practice.

LP just overall attempting to solve and trying to figure out what the best vote is for town that actually provides something for the game. Details in reads are pretty good. Responses to pressure were fine as well, nothing over the top, and just continued to play.
@sig

I didn't answer the second question and I just looked to see who he voted.

I'm not hating the move? He tries to make a threadstate read based on how the Sabie wagon formed in terms of speed so can see him being paranoid over the wagon being on a town.
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Lime Coke wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:28 pm

I'd put Gav at 72% scum

who are your top town?
Why those three?

Okay, I gotta review LP myself.

Nanook 50/50 hes here but not very high effort, then again neither am I so who can judge that.

Falcon I don't know the meta on grammar, but it would be silly if you were both mafia to lie about that, so I'll take it at face value, but not a fan that he jumped over to me. NOW (on purpose caps :p) one could say just OMGUS to everyone. But, I'd counter with falcon by saying he flipflopped back and forth then settled on me late when I had no chance of getting lynched letting him stay off the major wagons. Also he's well aware of how I'm a big D1/2 mislynch.
\
Not enough to lynch him off of, but I"d not top 3 him
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

LinearPoint wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:29 pm It just seemed a rather 180 turn around from your catchup to a hard assault as soon as a little bit of backup came.
Whihc to me indicates you were afraid just pushing me on your own would be bad.
I also saw you put me, Sabie, and Falcon as the Mafia team which seems weird since I was pushing both Sabie and Falcon a lot yesterday. I don't really think there is ever a world where pushing 2 busses day 1 is a play any Mafia takes.
Okay, I could see why you'd think that, but I'd counter as I did. So really think that's a wash. I'd not say I'm ever afraid to be a solo push I'll yammer away and get ignored if I really want to tunnel more so that I was reading up and like i said not a fan of the whole vote setting upper thing. Now I do still need to ISO you, which I'll probably do tomorrow/maybe next day.

for the last point I guess it could be more unlikely, but it isn't uncommon for mafia to buss other mafia and seeing how neither got axed yesterday I'd not say it was a disqualifier.

In your opinion meta wise how do you approach teammembers while mafia?
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Also feel like from my skim and soon to be deeper reread I"ve got alot more towns in mind then potential mafia and not a fan of that.
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

LinearPoint wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:31 pm
I like Paranoia and all, but I think Mafia already know which of them did the kill, so not like the others who didn't kill would spew from pressure no?

We're probably going to vote off whatever name I say, so I assume the idea is to encourage discussion instead of phoning it in early in the day after we've already got a player to chop.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

LinearPoint
Money Launderer

Post by LinearPoint »

Yeah bussing is common, and to be fair I haven't rolled Mafia for others to see my Mafia strategy.
I just don't think I'd even really actively try to bus 2 Mafia D1. Heck Town random lynches Town 95% of the time, so bussing D1 I don't even think is a good strat.
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I probably shouldn't have hinted so early, but I'm going to be really busy tomorrow and won't have time to check in except at brief moments.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

LinearPoint
Money Launderer

Post by LinearPoint »

Marmot wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:36 pm

We're probably going to vote off whatever name I say, so I assume the idea is to encourage discussion instead of phoning it in early in the day after we've already got a player to chop.
You know, I didn't really consider that. That's fair not to just end discussion with a early yeet.
ImageImage
falcon45ca
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 282

Post by falcon45ca »

Dolby wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:51 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:49 pm Who all jumped on that Sean wagon?
nanook, naa, sabie, one or both of TSP and Macdougall. Tbh I don't remember which of the two was a previous voter

me if you count voting an hour before the CFD jumping on
If Mac jumped on, that's scummy AF. Not sure I'd he was there before tho
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
LinearPoint
Money Launderer

Post by LinearPoint »

Mac says he was on early, so he probably didn't jump on.
ImageImage
Dolby
Money Launderer

Post by Dolby »

Marmot wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:38 pm I probably shouldn't have hinted so early, but I'm going to be really busy tomorrow and won't have time to check in except at brief moments.
if you're super worried that you can't tomorrow, you can reveal now tbh

if you know you can check in tomorrow you should probably wait though
Dolby
Money Launderer

Post by Dolby »

falcon45ca wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:39 pm
Dolby wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:51 pm
nanook, naa, sabie, one or both of TSP and Macdougall. Tbh I don't remember which of the two was a previous voter

me if you count voting an hour before the CFD jumping on
If Mac jumped on, that's scummy AF. Not sure I'd he was there before tho
It was Mac or TSP (maybe both) who were on before me

I don't really remember which one

just noticed that one wagon had all blue names and they all switched to seanzie
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Sabie's a mixed bag from her iso so her mafia meta is a bit different than town mainly based off cases/votes

Mafia camp

1. She's being a lower poster which is a mafia tell for her
2. Doesn"t seem to be case building really, just jumping onto other wagons.
3. The marmot, gavil, sean jump isn't great and I do think LP made a good point re thoughts on marmot. Now that is something you see from both civ/mafia sabie, but usually her indecisiveness is based off her own cases, not existing wagons and is more like Im not sure if i should vote for person Y.

Town camp
1. Her posts seem genuine, like I've seen from her town game minus lack of hunting
2. I think she was being honest during our brief discussion/unsure. Which is also within her civ meta more so than mafia.

So right off the bat struggling to find more town than potential mafia tells I would like some other people familar with her meta to weight in though. My issue is she also gets mischopped alot.
ImageImage
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:13 pm
LinearPoint wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:10 pm I don't recall seeing your vote on them prior to the EoD, I only remembered seeing Dolby's.
But you still are also very low posting and haven't done anything which is fairly out of character for you.
I voted for Seanzie about 3 hrs into the day and didn't change it. I also made no case or effort it was just an RVS vote and I got busy. If you're going to sus me please fact check your bullshit first.

I'm allowed to gave a low effort game and sussing me for it is crap.
OK, EOD shenanigans doesn't reflect poorly on Mac
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
LinearPoint
Money Launderer

Post by LinearPoint »

TSP I know for sure was not on the wagon. He was the one that pushed it over Sabie.
ImageImage
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

[VOTE: Sabie] aubergine
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

sig wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:42 pm Sabie's a mixed bag from her iso so her mafia meta is a bit different than town mainly based off cases/votes

Mafia camp

1. She's being a lower poster which is a mafia tell for her
2. Doesn"t seem to be case building really, just jumping onto other wagons.
3. The marmot, gavil, sean jump isn't great and I do think LP made a good point re thoughts on marmot. Now that is something you see from both civ/mafia sabie, but usually her indecisiveness is based off her own cases, not existing wagons and is more like Im not sure if i should vote for person Y.

Town camp
1. Her posts seem genuine, like I've seen from her town game minus lack of hunting
2. I think she was being honest during our brief discussion/unsure. Which is also within her civ meta more so than mafia.

So right off the bat struggling to find more town than potential mafia tells I would like some other people familar with her meta to weight in though. My issue is she also gets mischopped alot.
Probably will vget the most info from a sabie vote vs someone else. I'd like them to jump in and kinda give some thoughts though.
ImageImage
LinearPoint
Money Launderer

Post by LinearPoint »

Yeah I do want to give Sabie a chance now that they aren't going to be under a ton of heat since the lynch will just be whoever Marmot saw and can have time to respond.
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

@falcon45ca can you explain your vote for me a bit more vs one of the wagons. Or is it just that you think I dipped and wanted to switch.
ImageImage
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Marmot has said that he allegedly has a red check so I'm holding my vote back until then.
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Lime Coke wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:46 pm Marmot has said that he allegedly has a red check so I'm holding my vote back until then.
Until he outs**
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 97
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Dolby wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:26 pm
Marmot wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:24 pm I watched Dizzy last night, anyone wanna guess who targeted him?
you should probs claim it 24 hours in if it's just 1 person

that will allow time for discussion

not me though I'm lazy
Eh kinda pointless now that he's said he has a red yeah? Presumably mafia know who carried the kill lol
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dolby
Money Launderer

Post by Dolby »

Point being

town kinda stagnates when knowing the chop

and I'm hoping that we dont stagnate as much if we don't know the person
LinearPoint
Money Launderer

Post by LinearPoint »

It should be NAA who started the CFD.
Then in order I think it was Nanook, Sabie, TBS.
Mac voted early in the day and Dolby was on a few hours before the wagon started.
ImageImage

LinearPoint wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:38 pm

You know, I didn't really consider that. That's fair not to just end discussion with a early yeet.
There's no hammer, so

Making reads when there's a red check but you don't know who the red check is is fairly pointless, since you're going to have to reevaluate those reads in light of the red anyways
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
LinearPoint
Money Launderer

Post by LinearPoint »

sig wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:46 pm @falcon45ca can you explain your vote for me a bit more vs one of the wagons. Or is it just that you think I dipped and wanted to switch.
Yeah idk.
He was on you EoD, but I also don't think he gave a reason other than not liking the Sabie wagon.
ImageImage
LinearPoint
Money Launderer

Post by LinearPoint »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:50 pm

There's no hammer, so

Making reads when there's a red check but you don't know who the red check is is fairly pointless, since you're going to have to reevaluate those reads in light of the red anyways
I very much disagree with this statement.
That's like saying making any reads day 1 is pointless.
Or just read when you don't have a hard red check pointless.

Reads are still useful since it forces Mafia to back their own reads which will be default have to be fake since they already know that the person the Mafia read is not Mafia.
Reads also are good for bouncing ideas around and seeing which actually end up making sense in the long run.
True if we say X is Town and X ends up being the red check that was pointless, but you can still make inferences based on who was town reading them.
Not to mention Mafia probably want to distance from the killer now that they know they are going to die today.
ImageImage
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

sig wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:46 pm @falcon45ca can you explain your vote for me a bit more vs one of the wagons. Or is it just that you think I dipped and wanted to switch.
I found your dip scummy, and I still do.

I found Sabie's wagon a bit sus, but given how EOD turned out I want that flip

LinearPoint wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:53 pm

There's no hammer, so

Reads are still useful since it forces Mafia to back their own reads which will be default have to be fake since they already know that the person the Mafia read is not Mafia.
Reads also are good for bouncing ideas around and seeing which actually end up making sense in the long run.
True if we say X is Town and X ends up being the red check that was pointless, but you can still make inferences based on who was town reading them.
Not to mention Mafia probably want to distance from the killer now that they know they are going to die today.
I mean, it isn't like that at all, since you don't normally expect to have a red check lol. It's not even close to a true comparison

But I'm not going to waste time making reads that I know I'm just going to have to reevaluate in 24ish hours anyways, that's so inefficient
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

LinearPoint wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:53 pm

There's no hammer, so

I agree here/with Doby. As soon as people get a red check everyone will bounce and a fair amount of people haven't even gotten on yet.
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

falcon45ca wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:54 pm
I found your dip scummy, and I still do.

I found Sabie's wagon a bit sus, but given how EOD turned out I want that flip
Meh, really nothing to say then defense wise. I was around for the entire first portion of day 1 giving some reads and contributing as much as i can. Def more than other people, didn't bounce D0, but during D1, and literally the only pressure I actually got besides vague seem sus was a joke I made to dizzy. Not like there was anything i could counter or say in my defense with when I had like a chihuahua style player yapping at me. (No offense intended Gullio) and it was based off a very obvious string of jokes.

Also I mean I am working a full time job and did say I might be in and out so like not a very good reason tbh, and a wee bit weak, but it's a whatever day 1 vote so I'll take that at face value give you an eye and move on.
ImageImage
LinearPoint
Money Launderer

Post by LinearPoint »

I really do not see the difference between making reads with no information and making reads pending an investigation result.
All we know is that someone was found, we still don't know who it was. Only Mafia know and they already knew who was Mafia.

Sure we'd have to reevaluate reads after the lynch today, but that's true for every day.
Not wanting to make reads because one unknown person will end up being Mafia is kind of a pointless way to play in my opinion.
We can't just wait on Watchers and Trackers to give information all game.
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Re: Team Fortress Mafia [DAY 0]

Post by sig »

sig wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 1:33 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 11:46 am I think it’s best if mafia role claim, but town doesn’t.
this right here is peak town. solid green, ride and die, will sheep for first ten days.
I"ll literally requote the post that got Gullio on me.

This, basically hours into the game.

It would be akin to saying I was claiming cultist and obviously third party when I said dizzy and i should start a cult. Very nonsensical.

Furthermore, and why Gullio got the vote from me and why I'll keep hounding on it is he never went any deeper or attempted to engage me.

Then is trying to paint this false narrative I'm just OMGUS at him, but like come on when your reasoning is literally not a reason of course that's gonna lead to a counter vote and some pings since seems like a good fake set up for mafia to use.

And I'll keep bringing this up as long as its the cornerstone of him wanting to vote for me and trying to flood the thread with vote sig he's obvious mafia.
ImageImage

But we don't have to reevaluate after the TK

We can build worlds as soon as the red is outed

It's not at all the same as a normal day and idk why you keep insisting it is

It also isn't waiting for the potential of a red check, we already know there is one lol
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 313
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:07 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:02 pm I wouldn’t worry about Sabie long term though
fuck that sabie dies today
Gun aimed read setup
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

I mean it’s also fine
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Wait is there a red
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Ok I might have also misread the setup
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

I'm in the same boat as Nanook I'm not going to bother with doing much if there's a red check about to be outed.

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 9:10 pm Wait is there a red
Marmot claims a watch on dizzy with one visitor

Has not outed who yet
LinearPoint
Money Launderer

Post by LinearPoint »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 9:05 pm But we don't have to reevaluate after the TK

We can build worlds as soon as the red is outed

It's not at all the same as a normal day and idk why you keep insisting it is

It also isn't waiting for the potential of a red check, we already know there is one lol
I mean if someone flips Mafia it calls for reevaluation since you didn't know they were Mafia beforehand.
You can't know for certainty that a flip or vigilante shot will result red or green unless you are Mafia.
The same goes for red checks. Prior to the check you cannot be certain they are Town or Mafia.
I do not really see a fundamental difference between a lynch resulting in a Mafia death and a Watcher saying they saw someone kill.

And Dolby is ultimately correct. Town will just tunnel on the red check until they are dead and 9/10 ignore all other stimuli and overlook potentially scummy behavior.
Its also not like he's saying that he wont give it at all. The first half can be used to regular scum hunt and determine who is trying to distance from the killer and the second half is reevaluating the first and seeing what was missed.
That seems fairly logical and a good plan in my opinion.
ImageImage
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 9:10 pm Wait is there a red
Marmot said they watched Dizzy last night and 1 person visited him so, at this rate it's academic.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Are we just gonna sleepwalk today then

Return to “Previous Jobs”