Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Town power role's flavor is vanilla.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 179
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Re: FOOD WARS MAFIA [Day 3]

I'm going to bed. I just wanted to see who was dead. Didn't even finish Hawkeye episode 3 and it's really good.
Lime Coke
Hitman
Posts in topic: 114
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Aka: BradLand

Post by Lime Coke »

Hmmm....

[VOTE: Unvote] aubergine

@tedxtr

Why are you voting Nutella?

You're the only one trying so fuck it I might as well try to work with you on something.
Spoiler: show
Image Image ImageImageImageImage ImageImage
tedxtr
:wiz:
Posts in topic: 178
Location: some place where people retire from normals (maybe)
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by tedxtr »

im not thinking nutella is one of the wolves with any amount of confidence that would warrant the vote, right now i'm deciding to just pressure what i feel like could be a wolf slot that's hiding under the cover of the bar being set so low for villageriness. i think she can easily surpass that bar and it would take few posts. the fact that she hasn't done so yet is a concern. again, ik she said she's turning it down a notch, but it feels like her impact on the game is very little and her concern doesn't show.

and a thing that i didn't like is that she said "we may be on the wrong path" and instead of exploring other reads, she's voted nanook who she's already suspected before (for reasons that i can't comprehend still)

hope it makes sense
ImageImageImageImage
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

I think I get what you're saying.

I honestly don't know how to respond besides that.
tedxtr

Re: FOOD WARS MAFIA [Day 2]

Post by tedxtr »

nutella wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:11 pm
srceenplay wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:08 pm Going through nuts iso it looks like they keep putting votes on urist but unmeaningful. Feels fake to me. eod yesterday they talk about vote urist and swith to voting out a nobody. (I dislike all that did that.
I can see nut and urist as w/w
bruh i wanted urist to go over d1 but everyone moved to falcon lmao

i'd still be happy to flip him today
and i don;t like this interaction in the context where srceen is her scum read

i feel like nutella would be more incisive and deflecting his push onto him somehow rather than plainly defending herself and justifying her actions to her scum read

there lies another concern. and i think srceen makes a good point. why would the majority matter in dictating her voting preference? this doesn't seem to me how nutella would think, unless i'm misunderstanding something
ImageImageImageImage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

idk im just focusing on what i can do rn, and that is to read the people that i have experience with

i don't have a nutella god read by any means but i think i can read her village if she gives me something to work with.

if you want to think about it like that, i'm voting her more for not being villagery rather than being wolfy, because there's not so much wolfy stuff to gauge out (she barely explains anything)
ImageImageImageImage
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

That might be an issue with me because I barely have meta on these players.

It's mostly an attempt to try to catch scum doing something I find as a scumtell.

Not much is happening though.
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

you know how nutella plays though, no?

this seems like her usual self to you?
ImageImageImageImage
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

tedxtr wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:19 am you know how nutella plays though, no?

this seems like her usual self to you?
I've only played two games with her and both were town.

She was pretty clear cut with the reads she was taking stances on both of them, Philo Maf 2 that just ended she didn't do much Day 1 but the rest of the game she was into the game.

Like she hasn't been that notable this game, or at least I barely remember anything she's done this game.
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

i'll go even deeper with my nutella read

usually you can tell by her aggressiveness that she does have reasons for pushes and that she really believes in it that way. in here she does push *almost* consistently but there's no incisiveness, it's not necessarily asking her scum read stuff. that's what makes me believe it's not genuine.

if the fact that she turned it down a notch interferes with that somehow, then it is what it is. i still think at least a post should've given me a better view of whether she believes her votes or not.

the fact that one of her votes flipped villager while she wasn't even aggressive about it is even a worse look for her, because if she was a villager that was almost not aggressive at all, at least an excuse would be that she was at least correct (which she usually is. i don't think aggressiveness would change that, but she'd eventually swap between votes until she reached a good one? imo). but in this scenario it makes me believe she's a wolf pushing a misyeet and not wanting to be aggressive about it to not be in the spotlight. why be aggressive when nobody is doing anything and the tide is in your favour, not pushing against your agenda?
ImageImageImageImage
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Why is Falcon on the poll?
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

prob a mistake
ImageImageImageImage
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Lol.
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Like I've stated my scumread on JackofHearts for his posting, like his first initial posts were him doing nothing but reacting to older posts which none of them were "gamestate moving" type of stuff.
He's posted in his spurts but I haven't seen anything that convincing that he's town.
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

i found an explanation for her vote on falcon

again, it's not a vote for believing she's a wolf, i just wanna see more nutella stuff. i don't actually see anything that pings me she's a wolf, but the absence of usual villagery nutella maybe tips the scales for me somehow to be paranoid.

the one ping-y thing i've had this entire game was with CCE's second post that said smth like "you guys are all awkward" or some other word, it tipped me off to believe a wolf could've used that to insert themselves in the thread and into the "group dynamic", but i haven't pushed it for obvious reasons.
ImageImageImageImage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

"you guys are certified wacky"

that's what it was
ImageImageImageImage
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

I could run with that reasoning. Never heard of it before but it's a good idea to have in the back pocket for future games. One of the few things to actually run off of from this game which I can consisder a W!Nutella world here.
srceenplay
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 173

Post by srceenplay »

Not going to be here much today. Have a lot going on. 24 hrs days on the weekends, bah.

I’m ok with axe hole for reason stated yesterday and Nuts for the feels. One of them two is where I would want to vote.
Cream&Cannoli Enterprises
Posts in topic: 63
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers/herself
Aka: Cream or Noli

Post by Cream&Cannoli Enterprises »

I think we need to re-eval, because at this point, I think we’ve had a lot of town wagons, and it doesn’t quite feel right to go down the road of sticking to our D1 reads and continuously just elimming that set of people.

Ideally going forward, I think we should broaden the focus.

With Urist’s flip, I realized that I might not be the best at reading mafia players who behaviorally don’t exactly fall into my stereotype of towniness. screenplay, like Urist, is tonally leaning towards town despite behaviorally pinging my scum radar.

Don’t have a lot of time today but I’ll try to make do with what I have.
srceenplay
Corrupt Union Official

Post by srceenplay »

[VOTE: axe] aubergine
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 192
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

tedxtr wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:02 am im not thinking nutella is one of the wolves with any amount of confidence that would warrant the vote, right now i'm deciding to just pressure what i feel like could be a wolf slot that's hiding under the cover of the bar being set so low for villageriness. i think she can easily surpass that bar and it would take few posts. the fact that she hasn't done so yet is a concern. again, ik she said she's turning it down a notch, but it feels like her impact on the game is very little and her concern doesn't show.

and a thing that i didn't like is that she said "we may be on the wrong path" and instead of exploring other reads, she's voted nanook who she's already suspected before (for reasons that i can't comprehend still)

hope it makes sense
lol you cant force a push on me and you know that, and you're twisting to defend nanook when i explained i wasn't even necessarily scumreading him d2

when i said that i meant mainly the urist/srceen wagons and a lot of the associative stuff that gav/others were pushing along with them, including nanook's difference check thing with naa. i dont like how he's sleepwalking into it today, we can't just be totally blasé anymore

and no he hasn't really had serious pressure from me or anyone until today, are you sensitive to mentions of your teammate or what
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image

@nutella @DrWigly or anyone else

If NANOOK is scum, who could be his scum buddies?

I agree that NANOOK feels scummy, but I mean, so did Urist so I guess I’m more cautious with the train of thought of “acts scummy —> is scum”

I’ve been looking at pairings, and it feels like the options are kinda limited if he’s wolf.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

i'm not 100% sold on srceen being town but i want to see what happens if we poke at other places. urist was ahead most of d2 so it was basically a dadv situation whether the wagons were v/v or v/w. i think if nanook is wolf he possibly tmi'd srceen town, but the defense was not out of the realm of possible w/w. idk i just get the vibe we've been distracted by him and the wolves are sitting back
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Cream&Cannoli Enterprises wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 2:28 pm @nutella @DrWigly or anyone else

I agree that NANOOK feels scummy, but I mean, so did Urist so I guess I’m more cautious with the train of thought of “acts scummy —> is scum”

I’ve been looking at pairings, and it feels like the options are kinda limited if he’s wolf.
i think ted can be one

i think jack/fingersplints/tsp are all possible, they've got basically nothing going for them, but could be someone a bit deeper too
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 71
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

nutella wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 2:22 pm
tedxtr wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:02 am im not thinking nutella is one of the wolves with any amount of confidence that would warrant the vote, right now i'm deciding to just pressure what i feel like could be a wolf slot that's hiding under the cover of the bar being set so low for villageriness. i think she can easily surpass that bar and it would take few posts. the fact that she hasn't done so yet is a concern. again, ik she said she's turning it down a notch, but it feels like her impact on the game is very little and her concern doesn't show.

hope it makes sense
lol you cant force a push on me and you know that, and you're twisting to defend nanook when i explained i wasn't even necessarily scumreading him d2

when i said that i meant mainly the urist/srceen wagons and a lot of the associative stuff that gav/others were pushing along with them, including nanook's difference check thing with naa. i dont like how he's sleepwalking into it today, we can't just be totally blasé anymore

and no he hasn't really had serious pressure from me or anyone until today, are you sensitive to mentions of your teammate or what
I mean

You know what a difference check is, yeah?

Why would you expect me to say "I think there's a difference check between x and y," have x flip town, and NOT just want to kill y ??
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

tedxtr wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:12 am
srceenplay wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:08 pm Going through nuts iso it looks like they keep putting votes on urist but unmeaningful. Feels fake to me. eod yesterday they talk about vote urist and swith to voting out a nobody. (I dislike all that did that.

i feel like nutella would be more incisive and deflecting his push onto him somehow rather than plainly defending herself and justifying her actions to her scum read

there lies another concern. and i think srceen makes a good point. why would the majority matter in dictating her voting preference? this doesn't seem to me how nutella would think, unless i'm misunderstanding something
i don't follow? i was basically fine with either of srceen/urist going over at the time
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 81

Post by DrWilgy »

Cream&Cannoli Enterprises wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 2:28 pm @nutella @DrWigly or anyone else

DrWilgy wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:50 pm If Nook is red,
CCE
Gavi
Urist
Screenplay
LC

NAA
JoH
Ted
TSP
Fingersplints

Nutella
Can you explain the limitations?

Nutella seems likely candidate for a 2nd, TSP or JoH is valid as a third.

Hell even NAA/Dolb as a 3rd as an option makes sense as Nook's last post of 'this is fine get dolby' feels like a be all end all distance to me. Nothing in Nook's ISO is inspiring that they actually believe what they say about NAA.

Nutella's vote now is meh.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Soul reading Nanook town cause his anger/demotivation look like a townie to me.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

I’m not valid. :pout:
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 2:32 pm
nutella wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 2:22 pm

hope it makes sense

I mean

You know what a difference check is, yeah?

Why would you expect me to say "I think there's a difference check between x and y," have x flip town, and NOT just want to kill y ??
Nook, your 'difference check' was based on Urist/NAA interactions and meta yes?
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

nutella wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 2:33 pm
tedxtr wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:12 am

i don't follow? i was basically fine with either of srceen/urist going over at the time
i don't follow what you don't follow lol
ImageImageImageImage

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:06 pm
Lime Coke wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:48 pm I literally don't know what's going on and I don't think I ever will.
Star and urist have a long history of reading each other correctly. To the point that one scumreading the other makes it exceedingly likely that one of them is mafia.

Dolby replaced star, so we're gonna kill him
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 2:46 pm
Lime Coke wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:48 pm I literally don't know what's going on and I don't think I ever will.
Star and urist have a long history of reading each other correctly. To the point that one scumreading the other makes it exceedingly likely that one of them is mafia.

Right, I get that, but is that literally it? Nothing else?
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

I don't have much time this day cycle unfortunately (Mom's birthday, need to go buy flowers and paint little eyes or mouths on each petal).

I still see no reason why as to not yeet Nook today, but Nook more likely being red than screenplay is only thing from me voting there still.

I don't think NAA was scum in spite of the Urist fuckery. Don't like how both of the plausible scum are voting there rn.

Given time, I'll check in on mobile later.
Image Image Image

DrWilgy wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 2:47 pm

I don't need anything else
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 2:55 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 2:47 pm

I don't need anything else
:|
Image Image Image

Its the same as if Jay is scumreading sloon

Its not a 100% guarantee that one of them is mafia, but its very likely
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Boring and weak
Image Image Image Image
Image Image

I do not care, just remember to kill him tomorrow

DrWilgy wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 2:36 pm Can you explain the limitations?

Nutella seems likely candidate for a 2nd, TSP or JoH is valid as a third.

Hell even NAA/Dolb as a 3rd as an option makes sense as Nook's last post of 'this is fine get dolby' feels like a be all end all distance to me. Nothing in Nook's ISO is inspiring that they actually believe what they say about NAA.

Nutella's vote now is meh.
Can you explain why nutella's vote is meh?

This is what I noted down regarding interactions with NANOOK:
DrWigly - Pushing against NANOOK and voting for NANOOK since D1. Probably not W/W
srceenplay - NANOOK's second post said "sheep srceenplay". Feel like this is kinda whack and unlikely for both to be wolves, since it feels kinda weird for one wolf to announce that people should sheep the other wolf.
NAA/Dolby - Doesn't quite feel paired with the 'difference check' talk. If NANOOK and NAA/Dolby are wolves, that means that NANOOK said the difference check stuff on D2 knowing that Urist would flip town, and that he would be essentially boxing himself into bussing/voting NAA/Dolby, and it would look bad if he didn't follow through. That sort of far-out planning and scheming doesn't feel like it would come from NANOOK, personality wise, from what I can tell. Also, wolves generally like to keep their options open.

nutella - votes for NANOOK on D2 and keeps vote on, and has been pushing NANOOK. I think there is sincerity in the push. If this is a bus, it's a pretty aggressive one. TBH, I don't think it's needed from the wolf team at this point since there are so many other LHF to go after. Though with the 2 MLs, they can certainly afford it. There is enough doubt about nutella's alignment that her bussing for towncred at this point would make sense strategically. Independent of interaction, I think nutella is townie, and maybe this is why I have a reluctance to see her vote as bussing. I read #922 ("lol you cant force a push on me and you know that") as villagery confidence tone-wise, among other instances.

Lime Coke - I think Lime Coke is solidly town.
tedxtr - I think ted's recent string of posts about nutella feel townie.

fingersplints -
JOH -
TSP -

am I reading too much into things lol

@DrWigly

I’m just wondering, but have you played with NANOOK a lot before? Like, how much confidence do you have in your read?

actually thinking about it, I mean, it could be NANOOK with like, the lowposters :\

that solve just kinda feels too convenient though

tedxtr wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:44 am "you guys are certified wacky"

that's what it was
Oh well if it helps, this is my first time playing here (hence the self introduction).

I normally play on another site, so my "normal" might not be other people's "normal". Seeing people vote so fast and a LP vs Gav wagon already set up so quick into D1 is where that "you guys are wacky" feeling came from, since on my home site, people are about 10x slower to vote and less aggressive. Like, normally we just yeet lowposting LHF or something on D1.

If it remains tied at EOD, I'll tie break and vote NANOOK over NAA.

Though IDK, I'm still trying to think of if there's a better scum candidate.

Dolby hasn't even bothered to post cause he knows he's outed
srceenplay
Corrupt Union Official

Post by srceenplay »

Why kill gav N2 and not N1?
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:55 pm Dolby hasn't even bothered to post cause he knows he's outed
eh, do you really believe that?
ImageImageImageImage

tedxtr wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:04 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:55 pm Dolby hasn't even bothered to post cause he knows he's outed
eh, do you really believe that?
Depends, do you think it'll convince anyone?
srceenplay
Corrupt Union Official

Post by srceenplay »

They do need voted out. It doesn’t necessarily have to be now but I agree that yesterday was a 1v1.

Return to “Previous Heists”