Total votes: 3
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 600
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Re: PSY 2310 - Cognitive Psychology [DAY 2]

Post by nutella »

cool dya's just a wolf probably

they refuse to explain what they mean about alison's strategy at all, theyre just handwaving about it to dismiss any argument for her being town

and i actually just dont believe they havent found me town yet
to the spoiler go the victories:
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Vulgard
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 250
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His/Himself

Post by Vulgard »

By the way, I've wolfed with Alison twice. She was LW one time, but still. I've already mentioned this before. Alison may be a smart player, but I think assuming she always pulls 300 IQ gigabrain plays is fallacious.

Will get back to my hunting in 30 minutes or so. Expect most of my content to come out today because tomorrow I'll be busy all day. Should be able to swap my vote if needed, though.
ImageImageImage
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat
Posts in topic: 324
Preferred Pronouns: They/them

Post by dyachei »

nutella wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 2:26 pm cool dya's just a wolf probably

they refuse to explain what they mean about alison's strategy at all, theyre just handwaving about it to dismiss any argument for her being town

you're not doing your normal bouncing around thing this game. I'm so glad that you decided to OMGUS and such though. It helps me read you
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

Vulgard wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 2:34 pm By the way, I've wolfed with Alison twice. She was LW one time, but still. I've already mentioned this before. Alison may be a smart player, but I think assuming she always pulls 300 IQ gigabrain plays is fallacious.

Will get back to my hunting in 30 minutes or so. Expect most of my content to come out today because tomorrow I'll be busy all day. Should be able to swap my vote if needed, though.
but she does usually overthink her plays to a ridiculous degree
bronana
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 488

Post by bronana »

Dyslexicon wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 6:45 am
bronana wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 5:44 am [VOTE: dyslexicon] aubergine

omgus. I don't understand your case on me or why Nutella finds it so compelling, feels like you are maybe trying to bait me into a thunderdome as an avenue to generate content today :pout:

at some point searching my name I think I saw visor made a reads list wall with actual reasons and thought who even are you
Hi, Zack!

Do you think I am mafia?

Does the thing you mention say anything about Visor's alignment? Where are you at on your read on him?

I will say, I have focused on you because you've had more things that interested me and stood out to me, so this is where I have been digging. There's quite a few people I don't have an opinion of at all! I will try to fix that to a reasonable degree this night.

I would certainly like to hear what you don't understand about my suspicion on you!
I would also like to hear how you parse my alignment right now and what you base that on on your part!
i dunno, i have unsteady footing today

visor: probably not, but it did briefly make me wonder if he was tryhard wolfing or something :shrug2:

well your suspicion seems to mostly be that you don't like the way i pushed a dead wolf and that i was harping on a bad point? i just don't get it, I still stand by the point I made that it was inconsistent and nonsensical - and even if you disagree, I *was* right about his alignment.

sort of similarly i don't get the problem with my reply to hally. I don't think I ever said you were "so crazy and trolly to the likes of which nobody had ever seen" or anything like that, just that your play was bizarre which ... it was, you said that yourself iirc. on that when I made the TMI comment to c4 it was because him townreading you after you came in and made a few weird posts, well, seemed like possible TMI to me. Not something I believed super strongly, I was also trying to push his buttons because I'm so sick of people who don't know me or barely know me making "i'd say zack is towny but its zack so i wont" reads in games (I would legitimately rather have people just straight wolfread me without any nebulous references to whatever exaggerated reputation, so thanks for that at least :llama: )

but to sum up i'm town and all these things you suspect are things I stand by making sense from as a villager and I don't regret any of them. So yeah, I don't understand it, but it would also be pointless to try and convince me that I'm a wolf.

I don't know why nutella likes your case so much but I vaguely remember her constantly tinfoiling me and taking issue with my posts in pyre mafia which was a game I even had unusually good reads. Maybe she just sucks at reading me. :shrug:
Vulgard wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 3:18 amI've been thinking about Zack lately (no sexual).
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

dyachei wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 2:37 pm

you're not doing your normal bouncing around thing this game. I'm so glad that you decided to OMGUS and such though. It helps me read you
then you haven't read my posts, i've bounced around a TON including on you
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

it's tilting me you're just dismissive of my feelings on Alison
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

nutella wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 2:38 pm

not like you normally do, no. you feel less fluid to me than normal
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

dyachei wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 2:38 pm it's tilting me you're just dismissive of my feelings on Alison
I'm literally not

Ive said multiple times that if you're town you may well be right

But I don't think you're town at the moment, and if you are I'd like you to consider all angles

you generally read me pretty well and you're just flinging shit at me here
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

nutella wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 2:40 pm
dyachei wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 2:38 pm it's tilting me you're just dismissive of my feelings on Alison
I'm literally not

But I don't think you're town at the moment, and if you are I'd like you to consider all angles

you've been on my case for stupid little things since d1. sorry YOU think I'm flinging shit at you. Maybe consider your own actions here
Amy
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 291

Post by Amy »

just woke up have skimmed

@Vulgard re: my vote on alison, i kinda don't see how that supports me being a wolf in a world where everyone is pairing me with dya? like... that's the single vote that looks worst in that world lol. wolf!amy has more threadstate awareness than that

@outed wolf re: getting snowed, I'm pretty clearly running out of wolfreads that i feel anywhere resembling good about, which is a sign that SOMEONE is fooling me. "one wolf dead" is pretty whatever when that wolf was low hanging fruit who barely has more meaningful associatives than gav, if at all. I'm allowed to feel bad about where my reads are at regardless of what the scoreboard looks like >_>

@Chloe re: marl, yeah i think the derpclear's just real shrug

busier than i remembered today, will be in and out
hope you're having a good day
Amy
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Amy »

I'm voting alison mostly out a complete lack of other places where i feel comfortable voting

not at all confident in the read but wanna see if it goes anywhere while i explore other options

something something podracing
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

dyachei wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 2:39 pm

I have been fluid and transparent and you can see the stream-of-consciousness in my posts, I've changed my mind back and forth on multiple reads including you, sure it looks different because it's a post-capped game and I'm condensing more thoughts into single posts but I think it should be fairly clear if you actually read through my posts that I'm not holding back any ideas that pass into my head

The more you say dismissive things like this without backing them up the more I think you're just a wolf just throwing stuff at the wall rather than a villager with any kind of coherent approach to solving via the thread. But through a decent chunk of last night I considered you could be town-- if you are I understand wanting to just low-effort the game and push your strongest scumread in alison, but I also want you to develop your reasoning further both on that and on your read of me. I feel like you haven't really backed anything up especially with these assertions about me, and it really just feels like you're throwing shade to look contrarian and aren't actually interested in solving my alignment.

dyachei wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 2:48 pm
I'm literally not

you've been on my case for stupid little things since d1. sorry YOU think I'm flinging shit at you. Maybe consider your own actions here

yeah okay i'm just not engaging with you anymore. it's not stupid little things. it's your entire approach to the game, and when your only response is omgus like this, it's not a good look. back your shit up or die.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Vulgard
Drug Dealer

Post by Vulgard »

Arete:

- Initially calls Gavial "probably just a wolf" but isn't sure. Provides meta on Gavial.
- Reiterates that Gavial is still wolfy, but isn't 100% sure about it and lists "don't want to be tunneled back by him if he's town" as one of the reasons for this.
- Doesn't like Alison's stance on Gavial. I don't really understand the reasoning why but I read it as genuine consideration.
- Claims that they think Gavial might be badly attempting to spew them as their partner. I think this is very unlikely to come from a wolf, Arete or not, since it's referring to someone they know is a villager in that world. I... doubt a wolf would come up with "they are trying to spew me as their partner?" Even if you claim a wolf would do this to absolve themselves from blame for the yeet, most of the thread was wolfreading Gavial, so that doesn't really work in context.
- Notices that Gavial is getting townier but is apprehensive about it for "where do we go from here" reasons. Notably, does not harddefend Gavial, but still says this.
- Claims that Gavial wouldn't make spectator reads as a wolf. Arete continues to go out of their way to defend Gavial, but doesn't strongarm it. I'm torn whether mafiaRete would do this for towncred. It's a fairly consistent stance they have throughout their ISO, but they didn't really try very hard to prevent the misyeet from happening.
- Wants to continue giving Gavial time so he can become obvtown if he's town.
- Continually claims they think Gavial is >rand town but aren't going to fight the yeet. I think, much like in the case of Alison, it benefits wolf!Arete more to take one of two stances here: either just kill Gavial or bus KZA. They do talk about KZA briefly, calling him >rand wolf and likening his play to the "uninspired d1 by t0an and/or volume" meme which I think is 100% within their scumrange to do.

This doesn't prove to me they aren't partnered. I think wolf!Arete might briefly hedge on Gavial because they can't decide on how to treat Gavial, whether correctly defending him is a better approach than pushing the misyeet through. What I DON'T think wolf!Arete does is openly hedge on Gavial's alignment for the entire day, kinda slightly calling him town but never strongly enough to shift the yeet away. Even taking into consideration the fact KZA was a wolf PR and a counterwagon option, I think wolf!Arete's self-awareness wouldn't let them hedge on the misyeet in the making in all of their posts. They'd just commit to something.

They explain their standpoint on d2, claiming that misyeeting Gavial didn't seem like such a bad thing to them (lol), that they weren't too confident because of other people's confidence about Gavial being mafia, and that if Gavial was mafia then committing to a hard defense would make Arete look partnered with him. The first would be a really bold claim from mafia!Arete and I don't think they have the guts for it. The second is something I can't quite envision mafia!Arete doing because mafia!Arete is more than ready to push some agenda. While mafia!Arete could lie about this, I think their overall attitude points toward them being just town. And the third reason is something I don't want to delve into.

TL;DR Based on the treatment of Gavial I'm still leaning Arete town, because I think it would be unusual for their wolfplay to approach Gavial like they did, as mafia.
ImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

sorry if wrong but i really just feel the confidence in this solve that i felt when i solved hydra g1. the team is just amy/dya/zack and the game is over. sorry bout the rand
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Vulgard
Drug Dealer

Post by Vulgard »

Amy wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 2:49 pm just woke up have skimmed

@Vulgard re: my vote on alison, i kinda don't see how that supports me being a wolf in a world where everyone is pairing me with dya? like... that's the single vote that looks worst in that world lol. wolf!amy has more threadstate awareness than that

@outed wolf re: getting snowed, I'm pretty clearly running out of wolfreads that i feel anywhere resembling good about, which is a sign that SOMEONE is fooling me. "one wolf dead" is pretty whatever when that wolf was low hanging fruit who barely has more meaningful associatives than gav, if at all. I'm allowed to feel bad about where my reads are at regardless of what the scoreboard looks like >_>

@Chloe re: marl, yeah i think the derpclear's just real shrug

busier than i remembered today, will be in and out
Fair point which is why I'm not too focused on building associatives / wolfreading you based on that vote alone. The vote tipped me off a lot but it didn't spark the actual wolfread/case I built.
ImageImageImage
Vulgard
Drug Dealer

Post by Vulgard »

I feel like my Arete read just above is messier than the others, because I'm trying to rationalize thinking they are a villager when really I just feel it in my soul.
ImageImageImage
Chloe
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 114
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Chloe »

i love coming back to a heated thread its my favorite thing in the world yep yep

is it time to engage whiteknight mode

nut is becoming windward 2.0
bronana
Drug Dealer

Post by bronana »

oh I remembered something about c4 I meant to say last night. His posts feel exaggerated to me, like maybe a wolf trying too hard to have villagy swagger and coming out over the top. I don't know him, though - maybe this is just his personality?

nutella wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 2:56 pm sorry if wrong but i really just feel the confidence in this solve that i felt when i solved hydra g1. the team is just amy/dya/zack and the game is over. sorry bout the rand
"sorry about the rand" is an obnoxious, condescending thing to say to people, fyi. especially when you're wrong. Just say you think we're wolves.
Vulgard wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 3:18 amI've been thinking about Zack lately (no sexual).
Vulgard
Drug Dealer

Post by Vulgard »

Nutella is among us my strongest village reads in this game and the worst part is that I couldn't explain it if I tried.

Inb4 I dive into her ISO and I'm like "wait but actually she isn't."
ImageImageImage
Chloe
Stool Pigeon

Post by Chloe »

bronana wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 3:00 pm oh I remembered something about c4 I meant to say last night. His posts feel exaggerated to me, like maybe a wolf trying too hard to have villagy swagger and coming out over the top. I don't know him, though - maybe this is just his personality?
from my limited experience with him i think its just his personality
i actually really like the level of confidence and depth of thought from him in this game - it feels *nothing* like our prior game where he was a wolf
im reading thru d1 atm and this is becoming more solidified, too
here i just wrote this in my thought dump recently lol:

- c4's opener where he immediately pushes spf feels aggressive and bold in a way that stands out in stark contrast to his CoV wolfgame. I really like the fire. He feels tonally comfortable as well. Villagery tbh
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

nutella wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 2:54 pm
dyachei wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 2:39 pm

I have been fluid and transparent and you can see the stream-of-consciousness in my posts, I've changed my mind back and forth on multiple reads including you, sure it looks different because it's a post-capped game and I'm condensing more thoughts into single posts but I think it should be fairly clear if you actually read through my posts that I'm not holding back any ideas that pass into my head

The more you say dismissive things like this without backing them up the more I think you're just a wolf just throwing stuff at the wall rather than a villager with any kind of coherent approach to solving via the thread. But through a decent chunk of last night I considered you could be town-- if you are I understand wanting to just low-effort the game and push your strongest scumread in alison, but I also want you to develop your reasoning further both on that and on your read of me. I feel like you haven't really backed anything up especially with these assertions about me, and it really just feels like you're throwing shade to look contrarian and aren't actually interested in solving my alignment.

dyachei wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 2:48 pm
I'm literally not

yeah okay i'm just not engaging with you anymore. it's not stupid little things. it's your entire approach to the game, and when your only response is omgus like this, it's not a good look. back your shit up or die.
I didnt even wolf read you lmao

maybe stop getting tilted at me for not doing what you want me to do.

I get what you want but until alison actually posts more do you think I'll be able to build on my case? answer honestly now
Amy
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Amy »

i wanna quickly note a thing about my kza read

[DATA CORRUPTED] in my first post was a townread; i liked the trajectory of his opening posts because my recollection of scum!kza involved him literally not playing the game. i held back the read bc i wanted to see if it would continue without outside influence. clearly, it didn't, hence my pivot to "yeah i could kill kza"

make of this info what you will
bronana
Drug Dealer

Post by bronana »

Chloe wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 3:03 pm
bronana wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 3:00 pm oh I remembered something about c4 I meant to say last night. His posts feel exaggerated to me, like maybe a wolf trying too hard to have villagy swagger and coming out over the top. I don't know him, though - maybe this is just his personality?
i actually really like the level of confidence and depth of thought from him in this game - it feels *nothing* like our prior game where he was a wolf

- c4's opener where he immediately pushes spf feels aggressive and bold in a way that stands out in stark contrast to his CoV wolfgame. I really like the fire. He feels tonally comfortable as well. Villagery tbh
fair enough, figured that was probably the case and I'm just wrong on him. (it was actually reading the c4 section of your wall in #1749 that reminded me of that)

you still on the marl wolf train? :noble:
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

also, dya, if you fully accept chloe as town, you should honor her read on me. i'm not saying fully accept godreads or whatever bc i know that's annoying (and a pain to wolf against especially lol), but if you really want to solve me at least consider it with some weight

ok that's all. if i say anything else i'll go further in a direction i dont really wanna go

dyachei wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 3:03 pm I didnt even wolf read you lmao

I get what you want but until alison actually posts more do you think I'll be able to build on my case? answer honestly now
alright i just mean when you say i'm not fluid i find it hard to believe
and re: alison, fine. i want her to post more as well.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
staypositivefriend
Hitman
Posts in topic: 531

Post by staypositivefriend »

dyachei, what is your general read of nutella right now? do you have a stance on her one way or another? the exchange on the last page where you said that she felt less fluid to you made me think that you wolfread her, but i dont wanna misrepresent you
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

nutella wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 3:06 pm also, dya, if you fully accept chloe as town, you should honor her read on me. i'm not saying fully accept godreads or whatever bc i know that's annoying (and a pain to wolf against especially lol), but if you really want to solve me at least consider it with some weight

ok that's all. if i say anything else i'll go further in a direction i dont really wanna go

dyachei wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 3:03 pm I didnt even wolf read you lmao

alright i just mean when you say i'm not fluid i find it hard to believe
and re: alison, fine. i want her to post more as well.
I explained this d1. your tone feels off to me like it did in the game you were 3p. but we don't have 3p in this game. Maybe it is due to the format of the game. but it's something I'm aware of and I can't just ignore it
bronana
Drug Dealer

Post by bronana »

Chloe wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 2:35 am
Arete wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 2:33 am
Chloe wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 2:30 am
can you point to some places that concern you maybe
I was about to be like

'Chloe's emotion is normal Chloe and also she's villagery'

but then I saw this post and it's making me nervous

because you're doing the thing where someone scumreads you and you're like 'oh no, I'm so sorry for accidentally giving you the misapprehension that I am a member of the informed minority, please forgive me and allow me a second chance so that we may work together 🥺' which is more typical of how you respond to pressure in your wolfgames
what
where did you get the idea that im sorry

im trying to make sure visor isnt pulling shit out of his booty lol

lmfao no wonder manasi likes you so much
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Vulgard wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 7:32 am SPF insisting that KZA has only townread actual villagers doesn't sit right with me, even though she hasn't seen my response yet. It's a really bold claim to make about a wolf who's been posting like garbage from the start of the game. It's an implication KZA wasn't in antispew at all and decided to TMI a bunch of villagers despite knowing he would flip quickly. Is his wolfgame demonstrably so terrible that he'd do that? And even if it is, what's stopping his partners from telling him to go into antispew considering he was a consensus scumread and likely wouldn't survive for long?
i'm not insisting on that - it is simply true that the majority of people that KZA talked about in their ISO (gavial, hally, nutella, myself, alison) are villagers, and the only name in that pool that i don't villa read is alison. my initial instinct was: "yeah, maybe KZA just TMI'd alison as town", but i'm not dying on that hill
Amy
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Amy »

zack, sunbae thoughts?
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

nutella wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 2:56 pm sorry if wrong but i really just feel the confidence in this solve that i felt when i solved hydra g1. the team is just amy/dya/zack and the game is over. sorry bout the rand
"sorry about the rand" is an obnoxious, condescending thing to say to people, fyi. especially when you're wrong. Just say you think we're wolves.
ok, i'll try to remember that, to me i think of it as softening the blow a bit but maybe it doesn't come across that way

re: c4, he feels miles different from his wolfgame imo

Chloe wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 3:03 pm

yeah this
Amy wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 3:05 pm i wanna quickly note a thing about my kza read

[DATA CORRUPTED] in my first post was a townread; i liked the trajectory of his opening posts because my recollection of scum!kza involved him literally not playing the game. i held back the read bc i wanted to see if it would continue without outside influence. clearly, it didn't, hence my pivot to "yeah i could kill kza"

make of this info what you will
hm

yeah idk what to think of this lol
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Chloe
Stool Pigeon

Post by Chloe »

bronana wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 3:05 pm you still on the marl wolf train?
lmao uh

i'm currently on the 'marl probably derpcleared himself' train - though i acknowledge that outside of that i still don't feel entirely comfortable with him. he feels super agreeable and upbeat, and hes missing the aggressive spark that i'm used to seeing. he's posted a lot but i dont really get anything out of it - it just feels like a skeletal iso

i'm pretty see-saw on his alignment because there are a few things i liked from him, but they're all very level-0. like the fact that he doesnt know who is townreading him feels pure and mildly villagery
and the fact that hes legitimately reading me off of a single post and hes locked into a world where im a villager because of it. it's like a backwards tunnel, and i can see that coming from his weirdass brain as a villager

atp i just wanna give him space to do his thing
GTH hes just a villager, but hes still on my radar rn
staypositivefriend
Hitman

chloe has been trending upwards ftr
Amy
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Amy »

I'm a little skeeved by how quickly spf seems to have flipped on me but I'm not dealing with that rn
bronana
Drug Dealer

Post by bronana »

Amy wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 3:09 pm zack, sunbae thoughts?
Awesome pics. Great size. Looking thick. Solid. Tight. Sunbae, keep us all posted on your continued progress with any new read progressions or wallposts. Show us what you got man. Wanna see how freakin' huge, solid, thick and tight you can get. Thanks for the motivation.

Generally positive and I vibe with his reads tiers even if I don't agree with it 100%, I don't really have an issue with him but I don't have him locked in or anything. I don't know that I am a great Sunbae reader tbh
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Amy wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 3:14 pm
I'm a little skeeved by how quickly spf seems to have flipped on me but I'm not dealing with that rn
i've re-evaluated a lot of my reads today, and me getting more concerned about you was a natural part of that re-evaluation. i have enough concerns about your posting today that i am actively evaluating you and keeping a close eye on you, but there's a reason im not voting you right now
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

staypositivefriend wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 3:07 pm dyachei, what is your general read of nutella right now? do you have a stance on her one way or another? the exchange on the last page where you said that she felt less fluid to you made me think that you wolfread her, but i dont wanna misrepresent you
I don't have them as wolfy but their tone is off too. I dont know how much of that is game format and how much of that isn't. So they're in my null pile. I don't feel like I can call them lightly villagery but I don't think they're wolfy for it either. I guess that's the definition of a hedgy answer
Amy
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Amy »

bronana wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 3:14 pm
Awesome pics. Great size. Looking thick. Solid. Tight. Sunbae, keep us all posted on your continued progress with any new read progressions or wallposts. Show us what you got man. Wanna see how freakin' huge, solid, thick and tight you can get. Thanks for the motivation.

Generally positive and I vibe with his reads tiers even if I don't agree with it 100%, I don't really have an issue with him but I don't have him locked in or anything. I don't know that I am a great Sunbae reader tbh
mm

reason i ask is that a lot of the suspicion on me rn (nutella chloe vulgard most notably) is coming from places that i'm pretty sure are town

so the question bouncing around my head a lot rn is "how have wolves been trying to play it towards my slot"

and there have been... a couple of times, where the paranoid part of me has wondered if sunbae's trying to pocket me

and it's perhaps a thought i should entertain for a bit
staypositivefriend
Hitman

@dya - thanks - how does that play into your thought from a couple of posts ago that nutella OMGUS'ing you on the last page is making it easier for you to read her? has that helped move the needle for you in either direction even if you're still not sure?

dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

staypositivefriend wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 3:20 pm @dya - thanks - how does that play into your thought from a couple of posts ago that nutella OMGUS'ing you on the last page is making it easier for you to read her? has that helped move the needle for you in either direction even if you're still not sure?

it has made me lean her the lightest of v
bronana
Drug Dealer

Post by bronana »

Amy wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 3:19 pm

mm

reason i ask is that a lot of the suspicion on me rn (nutella chloe vulgard most notably) is coming from places that i'm pretty sure are town

so the question bouncing around my head a lot rn is "how have wolves been trying to play it towards my slot"

and there have been... a couple of times, where the paranoid part of me has wondered if sunbae's trying to pocket me

why would he be pocketing you? no offense but in the current gamestate, if you're town wolves should be trying to bury you. This is a hard group to get in misyeets - a man lost in the desert must take such water as he is offered, yknow?
Vulgard
Drug Dealer

Post by Vulgard »

Bronana / Zack:

- First take on Gavial is that his posts didn't make any impression.
- Notes that Gavial seems to have a polarized meta but doesn't comment on it beyond that.
- Claims Gavial would get bussed hard if he was a wolf. ...For some reason, I dislike this comment. It looks TMI-ish to me, even though the actual wording is fine. I'll bring it up here for clarity.
bronana wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 5:17 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 5:03 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 5:02 pm If you believe Gavial is mafia, we should chop someone on his wagon right now. There will be mafia there if Gavial is mafia.
how does that work?
I came into this game gavial would get bussed hard if he's a wolf, based on how his meta has been described.

Plus any random grouping of five players has approximately a 75% chance of having at least one wolf, if my math is right.

1 - (13 / 17)^5 = 73.85% of at least one wolf

if you want to assume "I am town and I am not one of those five players" = 1 - (12 / 16)^5 = 76.3% of at least one wolf

There are some underlying assumptions about votes on a wagon being independent events which isn't really true, but whatever, close enough. Been awhile since I took any stats or probability courses though. Yes this a useless post a wolf could easily make, sue me. :werewolf:
- Immediately followed by asking Gavial... this. I'm going to quote this post as well, so I can check if other people see what I'm seeing. I get the impression these two posts are TMI on Gavial being a villager, even though the actual wording looks fine.
bronana wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 5:20 pm
Gavial wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 5:18 pm Why do I have 5 players voting me?
Not that I really care much anyway since I’m multi-balling and I’m only VT.
Just a shame people don’t like me that much.
dude what is this weaksauce

where's the seth that's like "these are the wolves BLAM these are the town BAM im a GOD sheep me" ?
I really think this is Zack talking to someone he knows is a villager and checking if he's going to damn himself further or not.

- Calls Gavial outright mafia after this.
- Dya is the other wolfread at the time.
- Claims he doesn't see the point of Dizzy treating Gavial like they did regardless of Gavial's alignment. It's a sentiment I actually share and it's a major reason why I townread Dizzy. That said, I'm not sure if Zack is the person who came out with this take first, and I also find it decently likely this could come from a wolf, so I'm not awarding him many townpoints for it.
- Bounces off Amy's wolfread on Gavial and agrees (and reiterates) that Gavial is playing nothing like his towngame.
- I ask about his take on Dizzy implying Dizzy isn't a wolf because of their odd treatment of Gavial. Zack responds to it, and the response is FINE, but he writes an addendum that "he's a little worried that people cleared Dizzy way too easily." I dislike this. It's hedgy, and it also reads like "I think this points to Dizzy being town (treatment of Gavial) but they also don't deserve an easy clear so don't actually call them locktown please." I didn't notice this on my first reading, but I think it's wolfy now, unless Dizzy is a wolf (I don't think wolf!Zack adds this comment if he was talking about his partner Dizzy rather than v!Dizzy; he can just rep a townread without consequence, boosting his teammate's position in the game).
- Claims Gavial is doing nothing.
- Claims Gavial and KZA are his top wolfreads when Nutella asks him about... dya. When it comes to Dya, Zack apparently has no idea anymore, since he posted a shrug emoji.
- Has no idea what KZA is even posting, which is something I actually vibed with back when I saw it. Could see this being W/W with KZA, though. It isn't actually calling KZA mafia, it's more like a sign of confusion/exasperation/whatever.
- Wonders about Arete potentially townreading Gavial.
- Asks SPF about potential bussers of Gavial. Noting here that SPF is actually saying she's 70% confident Gavial's mafia, not 100%. Basically preflipping Gavial as mafia here, assuming the question is even genuine.
- Keeps discussing how nonsensical KZA's treatment of Gavial is. It looks pretty decent in a vacuum since he's discussing a wolf's nonsensical posting. The fact he's following up on his prior suspicion is a good look, I don't see him visibly pushing on KZA, though. I'm noting the absence of concern over Gavial's alignment; he does ask Arete why they're potentially TRing Gavial (that's the implication of their singular "oh?" aimed at Arete) but doesn't follow it up with any behavioral change or anything.
- Votes Gavial despite discussing KZA's nonsensical treatment of Gavial for a while. ...Hm.

Overall, I have several points of concern. The treatment of Gavial looks decent overall, but there are several points where I suspect Zack has TMI on Gavial being a villager, particularly in the two posts I put in quotes. There's also the little interaction we had about his read on Dizzy @ Dizzy's treatment of Gavial, where it felt like he didn't want Dizzy to be too townread from it despite voicing the townlean himself. He also has a profound lack of interest in Gavial, particularly after it became clear Gavial was going to be yeeted day 1. He does question KZA a fair bit, but never pushes for KZA over Gavial. He seems surprisingly content about the state of affairs, neither committing to the Gavial yeet too hard (outside of quietly supporting it) nor trying to get KZA yeeted (though he did call KZA's train of thought incomprehensible).

I still think Zack could be town despite this. It's possible I misattributed signs of TMI to his posts there, particularly since I admit the language itself shouldn't be concerning. But I still get the impression that he's just mafia.
ImageImageImage
Vulgard
Drug Dealer

Post by Vulgard »

I am definitely not going to get through everyone at this rate but PLEASE address my Zack read.

Also address my plea for people to help me read Visor.
ImageImageImage
Amy
Corrupt Union Official

Re: PSY 2310 - Cognitive Psychology [DAY 1]

Post by Amy »

dyachei wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 12:49 pm
nutella wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 12:34 pm
dyachei wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 8:23 am Wait vulgard, how did you only quote the posts where I didn't explain and none of the posts where I did?

I think both alison and gav are independently wolfy. I think if alison is a wolf, gav is probably villa because of the whiteknighting that she's kind of sort of doing

I'm not really sure why that's hard to understand?

and nutella why would my "wolf agenda" ever be pushing alison when I know she's a hard elim to make happen?
maybe because you think it looks good, even if you can't stop gav from going over you have tried to push an original suspect

I see you've moved your vote to gav since, but the length of time your vote was parked on alison while you danced around a gav suspicion was concerning to me
dyachei wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 8:51 am it's really getting old that people think they should dictate how I play the game. I play on my own terms with my own style. I guess if you don't like it, that's tough for you
????

who is doing that
you did to a degree when you bitched about me wasting posts and how anxiety inducing that was.

I moved to gavial because the more he posts the more i think he's a wolf. I think there's a world where alison is a wolf and gav is villa though

alison's posts have really skeeved me out and I'm sorry that's apparently a problem for you
so this is the dya post that i called town, and here's why

thinking alllll the way back to the spf-nutella thing that happened d1: the entire crux of that argument was that spf, and a couple of other people, thought nutella was deflecting from her own weird posting by pointing out that dya wolfy for making a whole bunch of "empty" posts at the start of the game. regardless of whether or not this was what nutella was trying to convey, it was the interpretation that most people walked away with

this post, however, indicates to me that dya didn't take it that way, and instead saw it as an indictment of their playstyle, which is something that i know dya gets quite defensive over

so for dya to completely jump past the possibility of "people are wolfreading the posts i have made so far" and instead land on "nutella is trying to tell me how to play the game and i don't like that" feels very much like town!dya mindset to me
Amy
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Amy »

bronana wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 3:22 pm
Amy wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 3:19 pm

mm

why would he be pocketing you? no offense but in the current gamestate, if you're town wolves should be trying to bury you. This is a hard group to get in misyeets - a man lost in the desert must take such water as he is offered, yknow?
there have been two days in this game and i've only been on the block for one of them

most of the sunbae things i've been thinking about are d1 things
bronana
Drug Dealer

Post by bronana »

Vulgard wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 3:23 pm
bronana wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 5:20 pm
Gavial wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 5:18 pm Why do I have 5 players voting me?
Not that I really care much anyway since I’m multi-balling and I’m only VT.
Just a shame people don’t like me that much.
dude what is this weaksauce

where's the seth that's like "these are the wolves BLAM these are the town BAM im a GOD sheep me" ?
I really think this is Zack talking to someone he knows is a villager and checking if he's going to damn himself further or not.
hrm? it's a rhetorical question, the post is just me saying "you are wolfy and different based on my experience with you"

I made almost the exact same post about newcomb [him wolf, me town] in the rocks fall game (just as in the way i talked to him, not comparing newcomb to seth lol)

but to be fair i'd probably make that exact same post as a wolf too, it's just how i talk sometimes
Amy
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Amy »

also, zack:

to what extent do wolves even have to bury me in a threadstate where a lot of loud villagers are scumreading me lol
sunbae
The Mark
Posts in topic: 278

Post by sunbae »

I'm not trying to pocket you silly. If I'm doing something nefarious it's trying to tie us together by being cagey in my read on you when asked, giving you a quick town read but never really engaging with you on any reads, and playfully telling you to case me while not worrying about your response.
Amy
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Amy »

????????? ?????????????? ??? ??
bronana
Drug Dealer

Post by bronana »

Amy wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 3:31 pm also, zack:

to what extent do wolves even have to bury me in a threadstate where a lot of loud villagers are scumreading me lol
shrug, this is just gonna go in circles and your question's underlying assumption that no wolves are currently pushing/suspecting you is likely not true if you're town?

Return to “Previous Rackets”