Posts in topic: 721
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers/herself

Re: Fargo Mafia [DAY 1]

Post by Michelle »

My boss will not appreciate if I go late at work, cya later
SPFs wall, i didn't read it yet
Spoiler: show

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:59 pm Death before cowardice.
KZA
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 669
Preferred Pronouns: Any
Aka: KZA

Post by KZA »

Michelle wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:54 am Why?
Tutuu for being over the top fake

Nanook for voting me as "projected OMGUS for Tutuu" after 0 interaction or commentary one me
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:54 am Are you not alive now
kind of just expecting to get chopped
KZA
Hally wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:51 am eating an entire sandwich is not that hard
KZA
Loan Shark

Post by KZA »

staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:55 am i have some mild concern regarding KZA's early read progression on falcon

early on, KZA looked at the sloonei/falcon dynamic and concluded that sloonei was town and that falcon's case on sloonei was probably "not real" (https://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewt ... 27#p759727)

a while later, KZA put falcon on the list of his top townreads (https://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewt ... 00#p759900)

when KZA gets asked about his early concern regarding falcon, he says that he is "not too worried" about falcon's case against sloonei anymore since falcon was willing to move past it (https://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewt ... 02#p759902). this post bothers me because KZA talks about falcon in a way that seems relatively cautious - a mindset that contrasts awkwardly w/the fact that KZA put falcon in the top of his townreads shortly before that point

it made me feel that KZA could have been interested in pitting sloonei/falcon against each other and then backtracked when the thread consensus shifted to: "falcon is town". i struggle to see the point where KZA authentically changed his mind about falcon
Or I was just worried about Falcon's weak case and figured he wasn't pushing anything malicious when he townread Sloonei minutes later. I don't post every single thought I have so you won't see this exact moment, sorry.

Also the thread consensus was already very much "Falcon is town" since before I even entered the game so that part is out the window
KZA
Hally wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:51 am eating an entire sandwich is not that hard
tutuu
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 330

Post by tutuu »

Huggie michelle cuteeeeeeee
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 618
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

KZA wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:00 am Nanook for voting me as "projected OMGUS for Tutuu" after 0 interaction or commentary one me
I don't see the problem
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

My eyes are glazing over the walls in pages 21-23 sorry i cant ;-;
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

[VOTE: KZA] aubergine
staypositivefriend
Hitman
Posts in topic: 570
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by staypositivefriend »

@Sloonei - you said that you want to emphasize me as a topic of discussion, but do you have any thoughts on me? any concerns? any suspicions? i want to hear your take
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

I sus kza, mistew bo, mastew al aaaaaaaaaaaand idk
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Marmot scumreads me every game i think lolol except when we were both maf
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

I wanna call tony town
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

But if someone asks why i wouldnt wanna have to answer
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 723
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

KZA wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:52 am okay but his read is wrong even if he formed it on valid reasoning so shouldn't I try to clear it up?

Actually could you explain how discrediting my own wolf game is a tactic and not just what I honestly think of myself? Or why I would discredit myself while being arguably the most suspected player? Wouldn't I just be admitting I'm a wolf by doing that?
You can do whatever you want. If you're town, you should address your accusers in some way. I'm responding to this one because I thought your posture might suggest a guilty mindset.

Discrediting yourself can be a tactic because you're setting a very low bar for yourself, thus anything you do which might earn you townie points can be treated as though it carries greater weight than it ordinarily would.
And also, no. You would not be admitting or confessing to anything. You'd just be setting a low bar for yourself to make it (theoretically) easier to climb out of the present suspicion.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

tutuu wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:18 am I wanna call tony town
Why?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:16 am @Sloonei - you said that you want to emphasize me as a topic of discussion, but do you have any thoughts on me? any concerns? any suspicions? i want to hear your take
I am too tired to put detailed thoughts on you into the thread right now. There are vague concerns which may or may not still be there when I wake up tomorrow morning. We shall see.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:34 am
tutuu wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:18 am I wanna call tony town
Why?
Ur a cutie :cloud9:
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 678

Post by Alison »

staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:22 pm i can't figure out if there's some type of communication breakdown happening with regards to that specific point, but i've felt that we have both failed to understand each other throughout this game, and that's made me more cautious about you and your intentions in general

i do find you mildly suspicious, but not to the extent that i'm interested in pushing on you. if you're town then you are almost certainly going to find a wolf and spew yourself as clear, and if you're a wolf then it's probably going to become more obvious based on the angles that you push. in any case, the best thing for me to do from a strategic POV is sit back and watch how your game develops
This is a good summation of my own view towards you. I could see my ongoing failure to vibe with you or feel that we're in sync as a symptom of communications failure. At any rate you aren't in my top 5 people for the chopping block, and I think your answer to "what's the towniest thing you've done this game" was reasonably townie.
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
Alison

Post by Alison »

I'm pretty sure Michelle is town.
Alison

Post by Alison »

I am lowkey scumreading tutuu for her recent spate of posting. It feels artificial while trying to give off the impression that she's just machine gunning her thoughts. I saw her do the same thing in Bread Mafia.

@MacDougall are you still shielding tutuu?
Alison

Post by Alison »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:33 am
KZA wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:52 am okay but his read is wrong even if he formed it on valid reasoning so shouldn't I try to clear it up?

Actually could you explain how discrediting my own wolf game is a tactic and not just what I honestly think of myself? Or why I would discredit myself while being arguably the most suspected player? Wouldn't I just be admitting I'm a wolf by doing that?
You can do whatever you want. If you're town, you should address your accusers in some way. I'm responding to this one because I thought your posture might suggest a guilty mindset.

Discrediting yourself can be a tactic because you're setting a very low bar for yourself, thus anything you do which might earn you townie points can be treated as though it carries greater weight than it ordinarily would.
And also, no. You would not be admitting or confessing to anything. You'd just be setting a low bar for yourself to make it (theoretically) easier to climb out of the present suspicion.
That reminds me of the time when I was talking with Chloe and Katze in spec chat for a game and trying to convince them that I was very obvious as wolf and overly susceptible to AtE when I am town so that I would have an advantage against them if we ever rolled different alignments in a game together.
Oddmerta
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Oddmerta »

Alison wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:46 am

That reminds me of the time when I was talking with Chloe and Katze in spec chat for a game and trying to convince them that I was very obvious as wolf and overly susceptible to AtE when I am town so that I would have an advantage against them if we ever rolled different alignments in a game together.
Play mafia even when you're not playing mafia
KZA
Loan Shark

Post by KZA »

Well I'm gonna double down on it and say you're giving me way too much credit if you think I could come up with that as a wolf
KZA
staypositivefriend
Hitman

i am beginning to form some concerns about tutuu as well, unfortunately
staypositivefriend
Hitman

[VOTE: Marmot] aubergine
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:52 am i am beginning to form some concerns about tutuu as well, unfortunately
staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:54 am [VOTE: Marmot] aubergine
what an odd sequence
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Sloonei wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:01 am
staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:52 am i am beginning to form some concerns about tutuu as well, unfortunately
what an odd sequence
what do you find odd about it?
KZA
Loan Shark

Post by KZA »

What bothers you about these players?
KZA
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:02 am
what an odd sequence
You introduce a new suspicion against player A, and immediately follow that up with an unsubstantiated vote for Player B.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
staypositivefriend
Hitman

KZA wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:05 am
my concern w/marmot boils down to the fact that it did not feel like he wanted to be in the thread when he was active and posting. it felt like he was forcing himself to write game-related posts as an effort to ~blend in~. (this is partially based on the fact that marmot expressed that they don't usually like to contribute much on d1, only to decide to force themselves to read through some ISOs regardless https://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewt ... 28#p760628)

i was fairly lukewarm about the reads that marmot ~did~ out - https://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewt ... 89#p760689 is the closest that marmot came to feeling like they were really digging into the game, but the rest of their posts felt relatively auto-pilot/fillery to me

i dont think that marmot is that scummy but he's a slot that i want more pressure on

re: tutuu, i am unable to articulate my concerns about her right now. most of the concerns that i have are abstract and i'm still feeling out how much i actually believe in them. my concern was elevated by the fact that tutuu voted me and then voted for KZA (the person i was voting) in a sequence - if tutuu thought that i was a wolf, then i'm skeptical that she would be comfortable voting on the same wagon as me
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Sloonei wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:10 am
staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:02 am
what an odd sequence
You introduce a new suspicion against player A, and immediately follow that up with an unsubstantiated vote for Player B.
i can see how it would look odd. me bringing up my suspicion against player A made me think a little bit more about my other suspicions, and where i felt my vote would be the most useful right now
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:14 am
KZA wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:05 am
my concern w/marmot boils down to the fact that it did not feel like he wanted to be in the thread when he was active and posting. it felt like he was forcing himself to write game-related posts as an effort to ~blend in~. (this is partially based on the fact that marmot expressed that they don't usually like to contribute much on d1, only to decide to force themselves to read through some ISOs regardless https://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewt ... 28#p760628)

i was fairly lukewarm about the reads that marmot ~did~ out - https://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewt ... 89#p760689 is the closest that marmot came to feeling like they were really digging into the game, but the rest of their posts felt relatively auto-pilot/fillery to me

i dont think that marmot is that scummy but he's a slot that i want more pressure on

re: tutuu, i am unable to articulate my concerns about her right now. most of the concerns that i have are abstract and i'm still feeling out how much i actually believe in them. my concern was elevated by the fact that tutuu voted me and then voted for KZA (the person i was voting) in a sequence - if tutuu thought that i was a wolf, then i'm skeptical that she would be comfortable voting on the same wagon as me
I only voted u coz i wanted an excuse to write superbestfriend
Justplayingitcool
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 387

Post by Justplayingitcool »

If Michelle doesn’t go gung-ho on tutuu then she’s lock scum
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Ppl accusing me of being fake when im the realest person yall ever meet. Yall hide behind he masks of the monotone day to day consumerism and conformity while i say it how it is, straight to the point, lighting fast mcqueen jab pow pow pow
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Justplayingitcool wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:18 am If Michelle doesn’t go gung-ho on tutuu then she’s lock scum
U think? I dont think so; i think michelle seeing me wolf influenced her to tunnel me, so then seeing me town would influence her to not scumread me id think
Justplayingitcool
Racketeer

[VOTE: BoKnows] aubergine
Justplayingitcool
Racketeer

tutuu wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:20 am
Justplayingitcool wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:18 am If Michelle doesn’t go gung-ho on tutuu then she’s lock scum
U think? I dont think so; i think michelle seeing me wolf influenced her to tunnel me, so then seeing me town would influence her to not scumread me id think
Maybe not to the same extent, but I do expect to see high levels of paranoia
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 399

Post by MacDougall »

Alison wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:44 am I am lowkey scumreading tutuu for her recent spate of posting. It feels artificial while trying to give off the impression that she's just machine gunning her thoughts. I saw her do the same thing in Bread Mafia.

@MacDougall are you still shielding tutuu?
Sadly yes.
Esooa
Made Man
Posts in topic: 672
Preferred Pronouns: She/her

Post by Esooa »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:49 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:24 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:19 pm
tutuu wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:11 pm [VOTE: superbestfriend] aubergine
Why?
staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:13 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:08 pm [VOTE: Staypositivefriend] aubergine
Yes
Why?
i found your vote amusing. i have no idea if it's serious or not
Why the self vote?
why do you care
I’ll come clean team. I have failed you.
I never expected to survive the night. I was very confused about the char flip and I was on my way to a very hot date. We stayed overnight to celebrate my girl bday and vday weekend. Last thing in my mind was the game... I never submitted an action last night. :doh:
Alison

Post by Alison »

Marmot is a slot in my POE and I am happy with pressure on him. I don't share SPF's concerns that Marmot feels like he doesn't want to play. My main issues with Marmot are an interaction with KZA that felt W/W in that it did not seem to me that either player had a real intention of finding out the other's align, and were just putting on a theater to give the pretense of solving, and the fact that he currently occupies the "consensus POE but not a priority exe or flagrantly scummy" position, which is where he always is when he's scum.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 585
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I’m feeling torn. While I cannot call KZA town with any confidence, I also have tended to find suspicions hurled against him to be uninteresting/unconvincing. And yet, I still believe that suspicion to be predominantly town-sourced. So without overt town indicators from KZA I just find myself shrugging and accepting the existence of his wagon despite my doubts.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:04 pm I'd appreciate if anyone that views KZA as a high-level suspect could talk to me about why. @MacDougall you're one. @TonyStarkPrime you implied something like that.
I think his current focus is too much on explaining why people voting him are wrong/bad and he hasn't given much unique things
I never expected to survive the night. I was very confused about the char flip and I was on my way to a very hot date. We stayed overnight to celebrate my girl bday and vday weekend. Last thing in my mind was the game... I never submitted an action last night. :doh:
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:35 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:04 pm I'd appreciate if anyone that views KZA as a high-level suspect could talk to me about why. @MacDougall you're one. @TonyStarkPrime you implied something like that.
I find KZA's play lacking town edge. There has been nothing I personally have observed where I've got the sense there was a town solving mind behind the keyword. Only being drawn into looking townie by way of omgus.
mac is town and he's an ez read
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

BoKnows wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:49 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:41 pm
BoKnows wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:41 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:31 pm
BoKnows wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:29 pm It was just a silly exchange
What is your read on tutuu?
town-lean.
Why?

Why do I have to smack you with a quote pile "case" to get this read into the thread?

Do you have other reads?
1.) From what I've read this far it appears to me that tutuu has been proactively reading the thread and trying to solve as well. This can be seen by her constantly changing read list. When confronted tutuu remained calm, cool, and collected. In addition, tutuu's thoughts were clear to me and made sense. Tutuu is not afraid to get into the thick of things and I view that as towny.

2.) I'm not overly engaged right now because I have a final tomorrow, was working on an essay, and was looking over a case study.

3.) Sloonei sounded townie to me. Just from reading his(?) posts they came across as genuine and seemed hard to fake. Everyone else up to this point has seemed kind of meh but tbh I haven't been overly diligent reading the thread.
This feels like made up reasons a mafia would give
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:56 pm A few things have thrown me off from the beginning but his current vote for Marmot is something that inclines me to think that way as well. I also just don't think his iso is carrying the proper tone and I'm wondering if his read on sloonei was developed improperly. He also also seems hesistant to say things that I wouldn't usually think he'd be hesitant to say. I did like the post he made where he talked about sloonei/jay mutual TRs and how seriously they're taken or something though idk

this is probably just the usual day 1 jay tinfoil but that's where I'm at
yes I know. His tone is way too serious, as if he's very much tryharding.
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:00 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:57 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:49 pm He refuses to townread me so I'm receptive
Do something town-like.
I've been ridiculously townie so far
these posts are super annoying

Jay is definitely try harding, whether you think that's mafia or not...ymmv
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Esooa
Made Man

Re: Fargo Mafia [DAY 0]

Post by Esooa »

KZA wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:03 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:47 pm
Actually sorta for the same reason as Tutuu. I've participated in my fair share of day 1 kza chops so I'm slightly leery, but my impression is that he entered the thread with a more serious tone than he has in games I've seen him previously and I was wondering if this could be a scum indication. Plus there was an interaction I didn't like but I don't remember what it was
I rand scum like once a year but I think my scum game is noticeably rigid and cold, either that or I get bussed instantly and antispew prior to my D1 chop

I am aware my tone has been more serious, it was more me trying to be a better player but now I've just gotten myself scumread so I'm pissed
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:48 pm guys if I were to say that I think that jay is a wolf here how would that be taken?
I could tinfoil it but later

---

Nanook hasn't spoken to me once but now I'm Maf to him so he can get OMGUS'd too
A tone change alone isn't enough to lynch someone if they're making towny reads and such. I haven't particularly seen that from you. But whatever carry on

Esooa wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:38 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:00 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:57 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:49 pm He refuses to townread me so I'm receptive
Do something town-like.
I've been ridiculously townie so far
these posts are super annoying
If everyone just accepts that I'm confirmed town this game and there's nothing they can do about it no matter how annoying they find it, I won't have to say it anymore!
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:07 pm I don't think sloonei has been town enough for your day zero "sloonei's town folks" style post which I think you walked back maybe
it's annoying but idk if it's AI considering their relationship
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Esooa wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:37 am
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:56 pm A few things have thrown me off from the beginning but his current vote for Marmot is something that inclines me to think that way as well. I also just don't think his iso is carrying the proper tone and I'm wondering if his read on sloonei was developed improperly. He also also seems hesistant to say things that I wouldn't usually think he'd be hesitant to say. I did like the post he made where he talked about sloonei/jay mutual TRs and how seriously they're taken or something though idk

this is probably just the usual day 1 jay tinfoil but that's where I'm at
yes I know. His tone is way too serious, as if he's very much tryharding.
I’m having deja vu.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”