64%

Total votes: 11
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 302
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Re: Bee Mafia [DAY 5]

Post by Alison »

MartinGG99 wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:11 pm The line with the "if I and Kyle are town" hypothetical could also be applied to every other living slot in the game. If we weren't assuming that only you or Kyle gets executed today, then this doesn't justify why you're choosing Kyle specifically with this reasoning unless you believe that you would be the one less likely to convince the innocent town in a F3 after surviving a [Alison/Martin], [Alison/BK], or [Alison/TS Account] situation like that we are seeing here in [Alison/Kyle]. (If my brain is working here; this is kinda new to me)
In general, there are two "tiers" of clearness this game. There's the people who've been more or less considered lock town by everyone else for various reasons. For instance BK was hard pushed by mafia, ts account has his trust tell, etc. And there's everyone else. I am townier than Kyle, but I have not exhibited anything on the level of a trust tell. This is why me and Kyle are different from the rest of the players. It's also why I assumed the exe would be within us (and yes it would be a hard throw to exe outside of us).
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 319
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

idk, alison talked me out of doing isos, she's technically correct
MartinGG99
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 238
Preferred Pronouns: He/him
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

Kylemii wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:14 pm
MartinGG99 wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:13 pm
Kylemii wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:05 pm anyways it's probably martin
???

I didn't see any progression on this, unless I'm being blind.
no progression, idk it' s just a vibe
okay then thank god

nobody has said that to me for awhile and it generally has to happen at some point for me every game
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"
Spoiler: show
MartinGG99 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:40 am The only notable "solving" I've done publicly has managed to kill someone who had the same power role and alignment as me.

If that doesn't make a mockery of my confidence in my solving then I don't know what will.
Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:54 pm Competition is only impressive when it is kind.
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

finally some normalcy after being townread without that being contested for a long while
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"
MartinGG99 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:40 am The only notable "solving" I've done publicly has managed to kill someone who had the same power role and alignment as me.

If that doesn't make a mockery of my confidence in my solving then I don't know what will.
Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:54 pm Competition is only impressive when it is kind.
Alison

Post by Alison »

MartinGG99 wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:11 pm That line of reason also suggests that you for some reason should not try to solve and just (metaphorically) beg for your own execution if you don't appear more able to convince others that you're town. Like, as in, this suggests either you believe they're scum or you don't and you just do nothing but hope you get chopped instead. Which seems rather quite anti-town and defeatist even if you were somehow factually right that you would be less likely to convince others that you're town after a T/T Wagon/Cw scenario.
I think it's still fine to solve and Kyle specifically can do all the solving he wants (he's on the chopping block, so if he thinks he's going to die then there's no point withholding his opinions, since he can't give them tomorrow).

Yes, I think that if you can't convince the other players you're town then you should leave a clear legacy and let them kill you. Being perpetually POE'd only helps scum in endgame and the earlier you die the earlier you can help the town get on the right track + take your thoughts and opinions seriously. I can easily link to you games where I explicitly beg to die and tell the town to vote me off and sheep my legacy or something similar. Sometimes with good results, sometimes with disastrous results, but either way, I think that's the correct strategy.

I don't know why it seems anti-town and defeatist to you - it seems quite clear that it's the best way to handle these situations to me, and I've explained why I think that, too.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Like you need to realize that townies need to know when to die for the good of the town. Self-preservation isn't always in their win con.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

just yeet me today so alison can singlehandedly solve human behavior using Logic and Reason like she said she would
Alison

Post by Alison »

you heard the man
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

Alison wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:15 pm
MartinGG99 wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:11 pm The line with the "if I and Kyle are town" hypothetical could also be applied to every other living slot in the game. If we weren't assuming that only you or Kyle gets executed today, then this doesn't justify why you're choosing Kyle specifically with this reasoning unless you believe that you would be the one less likely to convince the innocent town in a F3 after surviving a [Alison/Martin], [Alison/BK], or [Alison/TS Account] situation like that we are seeing here in [Alison/Kyle]. (If my brain is working here; this is kinda new to me)
In general, there are two "tiers" of clearness this game. There's the people who've been more or less considered lock town by everyone else for various reasons. For instance BK was hard pushed by mafia, ts account has his trust tell, etc. And there's everyone else. I am townier than Kyle, but I have not exhibited anything on the level of a trust tell. This is why me and Kyle are different from the rest of the players. It's also why I assumed the exe would be within us (and yes it would be a hard throw to exe outside of us).
I honestly can't remember the last time a player among the living right now has given a reason why I'm town other than BK saying my push on him was towny.

But from a realistic sense you are correct.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
Alison

Post by Alison »

I mean I think you're townie off posting but the more relevant fact is that you did in fact push falcon
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

i have thoughts, but as per alison's request i don't think i'll share them. i think the game is solvable though
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

Alison wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:17 pm
MartinGG99 wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:11 pm That line of reason also suggests that you for some reason should not try to solve and just (metaphorically) beg for your own execution if you don't appear more able to convince others that you're town. Like, as in, this suggests either you believe they're scum or you don't and you just do nothing but hope you get chopped instead. Which seems rather quite anti-town and defeatist even if you were somehow factually right that you would be less likely to convince others that you're town after a T/T Wagon/Cw scenario.
I think it's still fine to solve and Kyle specifically can do all the solving he wants (he's on the chopping block, so if he thinks he's going to die then there's no point withholding his opinions, since he can't give them tomorrow).

Yes, I think that if you can't convince the other players you're town then you should leave a clear legacy and let them kill you. Being perpetually POE'd only helps scum in endgame and the earlier you die the earlier you can help the town get on the right track + take your thoughts and opinions seriously. I can easily link to you games where I explicitly beg to die and tell the town to vote me off and sheep my legacy or something similar. Sometimes with good results, sometimes with disastrous results, but either way, I think that's the correct strategy.

I don't know why it seems anti-town and defeatist to you - it seems quite clear that it's the best way to handle these situations to me, and I've explained why I think that, too.
I just think even if you are more convincing than kyle I don't see great odds at anyone really escaping the F3 chop unless it has like TS account in it, but for all we know he may be the one dead in it.

Without any sort of legacy then I consider it anti-town or defeatist.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

"the one dead" refers to the NK btw
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
Alison

Post by Alison »

MartinGG99 wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:28 pm
I just think even if you are more convincing than kyle I don't see great odds at anyone really escaping the F3 chop unless it has like TS account in it, but for all we know he may be the one dead in it.

Without any sort of legacy then I consider it anti-town or defeatist.
I mean, if I believed that I would get auto-exed at F3 then all the more I should exe Kyle today because I have to solve the game immediately and Kyle has the highest scum equity
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

I guess I have to think about this more. Idk why Kyle is accepting his deletion once again with frustration. Or something. I gotta think about this more.

[VOTE: novote] aubergine

I'll be here ~3 hours before EoD if I'm not here sooner. Might chop kyle even if I dislike it, but I bet Esooa is probably scum-reading me from beyond the grave since I just said that.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
Alison

Post by Alison »

Also I've made it clear that I'm not gonna do anything to stop Kyle from solving/leaving a legacy so I don't see what's defeatist about that.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

MartinGG99 wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:32 pm I guess I have to think about this more. Idk why Kyle is accepting his deletion once again with frustration. Or something. I gotta think about this more.

I'll be here ~3 hours before EoD if I'm not here sooner. Might chop kyle even if I dislike it, but I bet Esooa is probably scum-reading me from beyond the grave since I just said that.
not frustrated she's actually just right
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

Alison wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:32 pm Also I've made it clear that I'm not gonna do anything to stop Kyle from solving/leaving a legacy so I don't see what's defeatist about that.
I think from the quote I made originally it made no comment about legacies and therefore I evaluated it in a vacuum like a hypothetical or something

and so it felt like that
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

But whatever that small detail is a small irrelevant detail at this point
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

i mean specifically right about the i should die thing, and the rest of everything she says is up to interpretation
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

honestly if alison is mafia and wins this game after her hour long speech about how her brain is a perfect supercomputer or whatever i'm gonna quit mafia for like.... at least a month lol
BoKnows
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 157
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by BoKnows »

Hello everyone
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

good morning boknows
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

spending last few hours of the day very quickly driving and doing stunts to get my vaccine on time during my lunch break

just yeet me and figure it out from there good luck
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

don't you dare leave me alive at lylo
BoKnows
Money Launderer

Post by BoKnows »

[VOTE: Kyle] aubergine
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

Kylemii wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:33 pm
MartinGG99 wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:32 pm I guess I have to think about this more. Idk why Kyle is accepting his deletion once again with frustration. Or something. I gotta think about this more.

Yeah but what about it being right makes it seem not scummy and/or towny to you

Not that I would say I am the same as Alison, but in one of my most recent scum-games I heavily relied on a mechanically-favorable position for me in terms of what I would do if I were town. I can't discuss it further though because it is on-going.

Being "right" and doing the "correct" decision doesn't necessitate alignment either way imo.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

MartinGG99 wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:30 pm I can't discuss it further though because it is on-going.
Note: I am dead in that game hence the disclosure.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

MartinGG99 wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:30 pm
Kylemii wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:33 pm

Yeah but what about it being right makes it seem not scummy and/or towny to you

Not that I would say I am the same as Alison, but in one of my most recent scum-games I heavily relied on a mechanically-favorable position for me in terms of what I would do if I were town. I can't discuss it further though because it is on-going.

Being "right" and doing the "correct" decision doesn't necessitate alignment either way imo.
doesn't matter i'll be dead babe
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

babyyyy* as in like cool guy not romance
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

I'm just overall skeptical of this move by Alison, and I can't really read it as towny. It may be right, but rightness has sometimes little to do with alignment indication.

It also feels badly coincidental that she plans to show her towniness and solve at F3 (if Kyle isn't mafia), and while bad coincidences can happen, I can't help but wonder if this was created by agenda supported by a seeming town consensus of suspicion of Nook and Kyle where activity was low. On a counterpoint however, I don't think I can really criticize them about that since contribution overall for everyone has been low since D3 or so.

I'm also suspicious of Kyle in that he's more or less just accepting it without further peeps on people's alignment, though I suspect that itself can be easily misread as either way.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

what do you gain from being suspicious of me
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

what's the purpose? what are you doing?
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

Kylemii wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:47 pm what do you gain from being suspicious of me
I don't understand what you mean by this?

I'm trying to solve here and figure out if I try to save you or not.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

in the niche case where I'm mafia this would be a concession and you'd be about to win, right?
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

ah nevermind I apologize. I shouldn't shade you for trying to solve people before they die after shading allison for not doing that.
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

Kylemii wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:49 pm in the niche case where I'm mafia this would be a concession and you'd be about to win, right?
Yeah or it could easily be town who's just exhausted by being scum-read and that I know their playstyle isn't typical compared to mine

Towns aren't garunteed to do pro-town things when frustrated.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

Anyways, I think if I do save you then I should shield you at F3 if you and I live to it, because if we went Alison -> Kyle then the original Kyle -> Alison would've been better in some respects or perspectives. So kinda like "if I delete Alison -> Kyle then that defeats the purpose of Kyle -> Alison (potentially)". Or something.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

But that's a tad slightly dangerous thought because if you were mafia then I guarntee chop the wrong guy in F3 if you didn't kill me.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

Another thing that bothers me also is that I kept thinking about how I said Esooa would be scum-reading me earlier

And then I remembered that she has (Or I think she has) a strong belief of not vothing people you think have a chance of being town. Like how she scum-read my Ratrug vote on D2.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

[VOTE: Alison] aubergine

I just don't feel right voting Kyle here. I can't do it in good conscience; I would be more surprised if Alison was town than if Kyle was.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

I think Quin + Kyle had interactions on D2 and D3 kinda strike me as something maybe Quin wouldn't do.

They were under fire from some people a lot

What you do as mafia is to try and convince others that you're town; you don't do that with partners.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

MartinGG99 wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:02 pm They were under fire from some people a lot after D1
ebwop
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

Not to mention Kyle had a small, short-length vote on Quin that I honestly think would've been made a bigger thing (by Quin possibly) if Kyle was a wolf here.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Re: Bee Mafia [DAY 2]

Post by MartinGG99 »

Kylemii wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:55 pm[VOTE: quin] aubergine

Kylemii wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:02 pm [VOTE: quin are you mafia you have to tell me the truth you HAVE to don't lie] aubergine

Kylemii wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:07 pm[VOTE: [VOTE: seanzie] aubergine] aubergine
[VOTE: [VOTE:

Like GTH I don't think w/w does quick switcheroos with it unless we're thinking the scum had absolutely no plans at all and didn't take advantage of BTSC at all]
aubergine]
aubergine
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

goshdarnit kyle
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

@BoKnows please move your vote or something
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
BoKnows
Money Launderer

Post by BoKnows »

I'm having a hard time understanding everything right now.
BoKnows
Money Launderer

Post by BoKnows »

[VOTE: ts account] aubergine

Return to “Previous Heists”