JaggedJimmyJay
No votes
KZA
No votes
Poison
No votes
No Eviction
10%
Tarek El Moussa and Christina Haack (Host, MoD, Dead, Nons)
50%

Total votes: 10
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 274
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Re: Mafia (DAY 1)

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

This is my last post of the day phase.

Everyone please remember that a tied poll results in NO PLAYER BEING ELIMINATED.

Epignosis and Nanook being the prevailing wagons right now is a state of affairs I am okay with. We could do a lot worse I think. I think Nanook is the better choice between the two.

We have less than SIX MINUTES remaining, so catcher-uppers please be aware of that. @Poison @Long Con
Spoiler: show
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Poison
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 29
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/cookies
Aka: Cookie In The Woods

Post by Poison »

fingersplints wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:54 pm I really don’t know how I feel about nanook’s posts. I just reread them and I don’t feel there is much substance there. I’ve never played with this player before is that common?
I won't say there aint no substance, but I think he usually plays like this.
Long Con wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:48 pm
Poison wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:48 pm Goof morning! I'll catch up now.
Goof morning.
:fist: I'm sleepy okay!!!??
XTMF wrote:Yo Poison, you are fucking dying.
Poison
Loan Shark

Post by Poison »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:57 pm This is my last post of the day phase.

Everyone please remember that a tied poll results in NO PLAYER BEING ELIMINATED.

Epignosis and Nanook being the prevailing wagons right now is a state of affairs I am okay with. We could do a lot worse I think. I think Nanook is the better choice between the two.

We have less than SIX MINUTES remaining, so catcher-uppers please be aware of that. @Poison @Long Con
Waittt jdkaoaoakkw. I know who to keep but idk who to lynch. I'll ship someone.
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 91

Post by fingersplints »

Enrique wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:57 pm jjj still my preference but id break a nanook/epi tie
Who would you vote for epi or nanook?
Gro-oo-ovy
Enrique
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 140

Post by Enrique »

lets pynch annook
ImageImageImageImage
Poison
Loan Shark

Post by Poison »

Wait I don't trust the people voting epi. I don't wanna lynch jay.
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Poison wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:56 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:58 am @Poison, the “nothing” tier is meant to depict “I feel nothing about their posts that suggests to me they are civilians”. Surely some of them are civilians; I haven’t seen it yet.

Epi hurled his poo at me and that’s fine. I’ll see what he does with it and determine how I feel.
Have you guys done this before?
fingersplints wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:28 am I see some posts about my “carefully worded posts”. I don’t think they are very carefully worded, but I also haven’t played in I think 5 years, so maybe they naturally are. I’m not mafia so I don’t have anything to hide

So some other thoughts. Epignosis vs JJJ seemed a bit forced almost to me. But I have mostly good vibes from JJJ, and I almost always get bad vibes every time I’ve played with Epi, so I think they might have just been trying to stir up conversation with how quickly it was abandoned.
I feel uncomfortable with early bandwagons, so while I’m fairly neutral on Marmot at this point, I’m not sure I’d want to vote there as the points on him seem quite flimsy.

I see that there is a “no eviction” option on the poll. I need to read further to figure out what that is about.
I’m going to place a vote for reywaS right now, because I like to be able to see the poll without clicking view poll and as hopefully incentive to show up and post. :)
I see. What are your views on Scirrus and chard?
Enrique wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:45 pm Civilians need to be careful with their... OUR wording too! :nicenod:

Gonna be real though, I hate to see Marmot go on Day 1 so often, and if his weird understanding of the early votes for him is the thing that cements the wagon around him, I would like to avoid that lynch. I don’t see it as a scum maneuver, just a casual confusion.

To elaborate based on my own gameplay: my first post yesterday was going to talk about how at my first superficial read I didn’t get what chardonnay was doing/saying. So I re-read his posts and I thought, yeah, this makes sense, it’s actually fine, and decided to drop it from my own post. Maybe I wouldn’t word it as his vote deriving from “reasonable conclusions” but I think this is what Marmot means... the thread char spins isn’t hard to follow. Marmot does not share that view about Jay.

[3]
I think I like this post.

I don’t have an opinion on them yet.
Gro-oo-ovy
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 22
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:08 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:04 pm
Scirrus wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:01 pm Am I just barking up the tree here?

@NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME @Poison @Long Con who do y'all want to yeet
I’m treating jay and Epi as a difference check

Why do you think marmot is mafia?
Terrible.

Epignosis is a civilian, Nanook knows it, and he is setting me up to take the fall (aided by the support he'd anticipate from Enrique).

There is zero reason to "difference check" Epi and I (if I am right that it means we're being treated as oppositely aligned). I hate it.

[VOTE: Nanook] aubergine

@Enrique I don't really blame you for your suspicion, but I hope you'll explore one thing on your own:

What has this game thread given us that should have my attention? I have taken what is in here, absolute table scraps, and tried to make reads with it. Yes, that includes Epignosis and our little spat. He and I have done that many times before, and usually he doesn't wait until the last minute to step off it. If he's been busy then fine; that's why I have been waiting for him to say whatever he will say.

[37]
You have dueling scumreads on each other, gtfo with “no reason”
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Poison
Loan Shark

Post by Poison »

Enrique wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:01 pm lets pynch annook
Very motivating.
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Ok I switched to nanook. I’m willing to believe epis role claim for now
Gro-oo-ovy

I have a good PR you shouldn’t kill me

If you do whatever fuck you
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

What a fucking lame end. I hope town loses
Poison
Loan Shark

Post by Poison »

Wait I can't vote. Jwoaoalqonsnamama
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 39

Post by G-Man »

The thread is locked. Please sit tight.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

F#@K FLAMINI
It was only a matter of days before the word got out about the Lenker brothers’ revelation and the eviction clause. Piano Estates swiftly devolved into a pit of eavesdropping and ill will.

To the surprise of no one, David Flamini and his superiority complex called for an eviction vote. The HOA board held an emergency executive meeting. They discussed and debated the merits of allowing such a vote, but they relented in the end. If they didn’t hold an eviction vote, then they could each be sued individually for not faithfully executing the covenants they were sworn to uphold.

When the votes came in, it wasn’t all that surprising. Most people in Phase 1 voted for someone living in Phase 2 or 3. Both Phase 2 and Phase 3 residents voted in a similar manner. Then there was that one atheist oddball who cast a vote for ‘Pope Francis and his illegitimate sky god.’ The board would have a talk with him later.

Jacob Ferraro had the awkward responsibility of notifying Anthony Testa that he had received the most eviction votes and was thereby required to put his house on the market within 30 days. Anthony followed suit by notifying Jacob that the board would be hearing from his attorney. And he was rich enough to have a really good one.

------------------------

Nanook has been evicted from Piano Estates. He was:
ANTHONY TESTA, a civvie. You are a successful doctor, and you can use your skills to protect one player each night. Your protection will shield your target from any other powers targeting them that night.
It is now Night 1.

Day 2 will begin at approximately 9:00 p.m. EST tomorrow night.

Please submit your power use PMs to me in a timely manner.
My Banners:
G-Man
Made Man

Re: Mafia (NIGHT 1)

Post by G-Man »

Good news! Nobody violated the Day 1 post limit.

Your post counts have been reset. You may all make no more than 30 posts during the night phase.
My Banners:
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 146

Post by Epignosis »

The one role that could have protected me after I had to claim for stupid reasons.

This is a shittiest Day 1 imaginable.

Have fun.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Okay then.

I don't really know what to do with this game at the moment. People I would call confident civilian reads:

Scirrus
Poison

Less confident, but civilian reads:

Long Con
fingersplints

That's where I stand for now. I will see if I can squeeze any kind of analytic meaning out of this thread during the night. I'd like to try blind interactions to see who fits together and who doesn't -- it's manageable with a small roster, but I also expect difficulty with lack of content.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

that sucks. decided im a vibes guy now

chop:
jjj
lc

no chop:
splints
marmot

idk:
char
poison
grogu

cant decide:
scirrus

already chopped for all i know:
epi
reywas
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay

You have known for months- MONTHS- that I can't bother with mafia until all of my other responsibilities are taken care of.

You know I work a full time job. You know I come home and cook. You know I have a second job. You know I am an active DFS player. You know I have a family. You know I am participating in your much larger Fallout 2 game.

And it took me claiming to get you to vote off me?

Nah.

You bad.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

General request for everyone:

This game has one of the lowest post caps we've ever had in a racket game, and we still didn't even come close to using that post allotment. I believe only Scirrus and I approached the Day 1 cap. Can we please just try to make use of that? We only get 24 hours per phase to try to figure anything out, and if we have to do so with a very thin game thread then this game was lost for the civilians before it even began.

I feel like I am in FTL Mafia again, where all mafia had to do to win was the bare minimum to exceed the civilian effort.

This isn't meant to disparage anyone's play. I know it's annoying and I feel that. But if we would like to win the game, I think it's going to have to be this way. Otherwise what are we doing here?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I should say "And it took me claiming to get you to vote off me DAY ONE?"

I don't care if this eats up another post. I won't be able to use them all anyway. It requires emphasis.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Epignosis wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:27 pm JaggedJimmyJay

You have known for months- MONTHS- that I can't bother with mafia until all of my other responsibilities are taken care of.

You know I work a full time job. You know I come home and cook. You know I have a second job. You know I am an active DFS player. You know I have a family. You know I am participating in your much larger Fallout 2 game.

Nah.

You bad.
The only thing I know about your day-to-day schedule is that you work as a teacher. During school hours, I don't expect you to be around. Beyond that, no dude, I don't have the first fucking idea what your day looks like. I don't even know long long "DFS" takes. I have never done that before. I don't know what's involved with that. I can't read your mind, and I don't have your pocket calendar.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Epignosis wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:29 pm I should say "And it took me claiming to get you to vote off me DAY ONE?"

I don't care if this eats up another post. I won't be able to use them all anyway. It requires emphasis.
There are 12 people in this game. I don't give one shit about that. If we let any mafioso live one extra day, no matter who it is, that is all it takes to lose. We don't get many chances.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:29 pm
Epignosis wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:27 pm JaggedJimmyJay

Nah.

You bad.
The only thing I know about your day-to-day schedule is that you work as a teacher. During school hours, I don't expect you to be around. Beyond that, no dude, I don't have the first fucking idea what your day looks like. I don't even know long long "DFS" takes. I have never done that before. I don't know what's involved with that. I can't read your mind, and I don't have your pocket calendar.
You hosted me in Bike not too long ago.

When did I post?

You moderated Spider-Verse.

When did I post?

You know damn well I'm only here in the late evening, usually after everyone goes to bed and it's quiet.

I think you saw an easy way to get Epignosis lynched Day 1 and you stepped on the gas.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Epignosis wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:33 pm The only thing I know about your day-to-day schedule is that you work as a teacher. During school hours, I don't expect you to be around. Beyond that, no dude, I don't have the first fucking idea what your day looks like. I don't even know long long "DFS" takes. I have never done that before. I don't know what's involved with that. I can't read your mind, and I don't have your pocket calendar.
You hosted me in Bike not too long ago.

When did I post?

You moderated Spider-Verse.

When did I post?

You know damn well I'm only here in the late evening, usually after everyone goes to bed and it's quiet.

I think you saw an easy way to get Epignosis lynched Day 1 and you stepped on the gas.
[/quote]

If I wanted you dead, you'd be dead right now. I'm the biggest reason you're alive. Read the thread.

You were already dead, and I saved you. It wasn't even about your role claim. I don't give a damn about that.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

My claim saved me. I should've have had to claim. When does Epignosis get lynched Day 1? The last time that happened was in 2014, I think.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

*Shouldn't have had to claim
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Epignosis wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:35 pm My claim saved me. I should've have had to claim. When does Epignosis get lynched Day 1? The last time that happened was in 2014, I think.
Your claim didn't save you. My screaming for Nanook's head saved you. I don't think anyone other than splints even said anything about your damned claim, and she wasn't sure she bought it.

You were mischopped Day 1 of Battlestar Galactica in 2016.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

And you didn't save me. If you saved me, I wouldn't have had to have claimed.

You condemned me by repeating the nonsensical "Epignosis hasn't given me anything yet" and getting people to follow your foolishness.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:36 pm
Epignosis wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:35 pm My claim saved me. I should've have had to claim. When does Epignosis get lynched Day 1? The last time that happened was in 2014, I think.
Your claim didn't save you. My screaming for Nanook's head saved you. I don't think anyone other than splints even said anything about your damned claim, and she wasn't sure she bought it.

You were mischopped Day 1 of Battlestar Galactica in 2016.
Way to go Carl.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Epignosis wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:36 pm And you didn't save me. If you saved me, I wouldn't have had to have claimed.

You condemned me by repeating the nonsensical "Epignosis hasn't given me anything yet" and getting people to follow your foolishness.
Maybe that was nonsensical. I don't know. I worked with what I had. I'm not sorry for that. You're also sitting here telling me that I watch you use your computer inside your house like I live with you. I'm done with this conversation because I think it's useless right now and it's wasting my posts.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

You know I generally only post after about 9pm EST. It's the only time I have anymore. It's been that way for ages now.

The poll closed a hair after 9pm EST and I think you tried to pull a fast one, and I don't think my mind will change.

If the civilians after I'm gone want to trust you, Mr. "I saved Epi by lynching Nanook," then that's their affair.

I'll shut up now and do something else.
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Well that really sucks. Pretty much as bad as it can get right now.
Epignosis wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:40 pm You know I generally only post after about 9pm EST. It's the only time I have anymore. It's been that way for ages now.

The poll closed a hair after 9pm EST and I think you tried to pull a fast one, and I don't think my mind will change.

If the civilians after I'm gone want to trust you, Mr. "I saved Epi by lynching Nanook," then that's their affair.

This isn’t helpful. While you are around can you please give your opinions on others? :) If you can’t post til after 9 PM EST you are pretty much on the exact opposite posting schedule as me. But I will read what you have to say when I wake up
Gro-oo-ovy
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

fingersplints wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:44 pm Well that really sucks. Pretty much as bad as it can get right now.
Epignosis wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:40 pm You know I generally only post after about 9pm EST. It's the only time I have anymore. It's been that way for ages now.

This isn’t helpful. While you are around can you please give your opinions on others? :) If you can’t post til after 9 PM EST you are pretty much on the exact opposite posting schedule as me. But I will read what you have to say when I wake up
I really can't right now. I signed up for JJJ's game and I'm behind there too.

I make poor choices.

I frankly have no opinions on others except what I said above.

That said I'm really happy to see you again. I am sorry you come back to witness Epignosis on the decline, but alas, that is what I am these days. Too many irons in the fire.

If I get a chance I'll come back around and see if I can make heads or tails of anything in here later on (if I don't pass out).

PS - I recall you being something of a fitness person, and I want you to know I walked 16 miles last week and am on pace for more this week. :workit:
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:34 pm If I wanted you dead, you'd be dead right now. I'm the biggest reason you're alive. Read the thread.

You were already dead, and I saved you. It wasn't even about your role claim. I don't give a damn about that.
Note for posterity: JJJ switched his vote to Nanook, and within a minute Epi showed up and role-claimed.

I still don't know that "I saved you" is accurate but the timing helps. It wasn't a sure thing that Epi would get lynched, and at least a couple of us only went for Nanook in the end because we thought he was slightly preferable to Epi (could have been anyone!).
ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 51
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

I'm sorry for being lame.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Mafia:

I have the strongest power role in the game, or at least it's probably the strongest (certainly one of them). Here's your choice:

Leave me alive, and let me mechanically lock the game.
Kill me, and lose the distraction I represent.

Have fun. Chitter chitter.
Enrique wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:47 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:34 pm If I wanted you dead, you'd be dead right now. I'm the biggest reason you're alive. Read the thread.

Note for posterity: JJJ switched his vote to Nanook, and within a minute Epi showed up and role-claimed.

I still don't know that "I saved you" is accurate but the timing helps. It wasn't a sure thing that Epi would get lynched, and at least a couple of us only went for Nanook in the end because we thought he was slightly preferable to Epi (could have been anyone!).
Perhaps I give myself too much credit, but I do think Epi had a 5-2 lead with an hour to go when Nanook made the post I hated and I blew a fuse. It would have been pretty cake from my perspective to just stay put, keep EOD controversy at a minimum, and let him die. If I had been the opportunistic mafioso I am portrayed to be, that's what would have most likely occurred.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I didn't realize Nanook had just gotten yeeted in the other game, I'm really sorry. I just sheeped JJJ. I hadn't read a single Nanook post. Sorry dude.
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Well this is awkward-

I am in need of a replacement player, but I cannot see who voted 'maybe' in the sign-up thread. If any of you spectators were my maybes and/or you'd like to join the fray, please PM me pronto!
My Banners:
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Epignosis wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:47 pm
fingersplints wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:44 pm Well that really sucks. Pretty much as bad as it can get right now.

I really can't right now. I signed up for JJJ's game and I'm behind there too.

I make poor choices.

I frankly have no opinions on others except what I said above.

That said I'm really happy to see you again. I am sorry you come back to witness Epignosis on the decline, but alas, that is what I am these days. Too many irons in the fire.

If I get a chance I'll come back around and see if I can make heads or tails of anything in here later on (if I don't pass out).

PS - I recall you being something of a fitness person, and I want you to know I walked 16 miles last week and am on pace for more this week. :workit:
We all have our bad mafia times. :) That is why I took so long a break!

Thank you for your response. It reads genuine to me. It’s still early in the game, so I don’t find it too unreasonable to not have a lot of reads especially when focused on one person.

That is AMAZING! Well done! I’ve always found the hardest part of any fitness routine is just getting started with it, so now that you have found your groove it’ll just be even easier and more rewarding as you go.

I was actually thinking of finding and posting in my favourite fitness thread earlier but I got sidetracked with this game. The second half of my year long lockdown plus the early months of pregnancy really threw me off my fitness game, but I’m working to get back what I can (safely) now.

Ok guys really 3 AM now for me :puppy:
Gro-oo-ovy
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Enrique wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:47 pm

Enrique is a civilian. The dedicated timestamp dive is not one mafia-aligned people commonly go for or even think about unless something is just glaringly obvious. I didn't even remember the precise order of events myself as Enrique describes them, so this one was definitely not "glaring".

Civilians:
Scirrus
Poison
Enrique
Epignosis

Seem okay albeit less confidently:
Long Con
fingersplints

The least intuitive up there in the top four may be Poison. I thought her ayeeeeeeedrgsdfbfdlkgfbj freakout at the last minute when she realized she had no time to think looked authentic, and generally before that point her posts were fine anyway.

This game is still fine if POE can be confidently managed, whatever people may think of me. If anyone has a reason to protest any of those four, step up and say so. If I am right about those top four, the default POE is:

--------------------
chardonnay
Grogu
Marmot
reywaS
--------------------
Long Con
fingersplints

If LC and splints can be removed as well, and things are in proper order, then the game could be reduced to comfortable POE of four. I am comforted too that it's not just a default POE -- chardonnay and Marmot in particular have done things.

I should clarify that they're "civilian" reads in that they don't strike me as informed. It's possible that anyone could be independent. Night results may shed light there, so I don't care much right now.

[9]

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I'll give you the Long Con Guarantee Of Town-ness. This is a freebie for the purpose of rebalancing the game for Nanook's sake. Let's get the win for him.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I'm beginning to scope possible mafia pairings. Given that Marmot and chardonnay are both in my primary POE, I started there. I think their interaction can be summarized succinctly:

Marmot and chardonnay interaction

chardonnay wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:36 am Ayyyy, sirrus can be town w/ JJJ, and LC

I actully dont know about JJJ's takeaway from finger splints. Finger's carefully worded posts feel like it could come nervous scum. If JJJ has good meta there then i'd like a play by play in future posts.

-/-/-/-/

Im interested in who else will help me support a marmot wagon. Any more takers?
Marmot wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 3:46 am chard and Scirrus came to reasonable conclusions with their votes for me. I townread them.

Epignosis is trying to solve JJJ. I'll give him a townread for that. I want this to happen.

JJJ is posting in a manner he previously stated was uncomfortable. Not sure if that was a joke or a real feeling. He can surely explain. His vote for me is leaves a bit to be desired. Mild annoyance, he followed chardonnay's vote despite chard being listed in his "nothing" section.

Nanook shaded Jay for talking about game mechanics. No other reads. Big meh.

Nothing noteworthy from other players in my eyes as of yet (except for Grogu's TownWatch LLC, which I'm in the midst of applying for).

I've spent a non-zero amount of time thinking about the possibility that chardonnay was bussing Marmot, just given the frivolous unexplained vote and the enthusiasm behind building the wagon. For the moment, I am inclined to say no to that notion. 1) chardonnay left himself on Marmot all day, and I get the impression he would have been cool with just letting that wagon tip into a chop -- so it'd have to be a hard bus rather than token distancing. 2) Marmot's handling of it doesn't strike me as a good fit for a bus. For mafia A to bus partner B, most often that is secured most effectively by partner B either accusing mafia A in response or at least getting really mad. Marmot did nothing. He said "that's okay" and gave chardonnay a town read.

That'd be an awkward way to handle distancing.

Green (probably not both mafia) logging these colors for an eventual chart if I get to it)

Marmot and Grogu interaction

Grogu wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:45 pm Marmot do you want to be part of ToWnWaTcH LLC?
Marmot wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 3:26 am
Grogu wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:45 pm Marmot do you want to be part of ToWnWaTcH LLC?
Sounds scary, sign me up!!
Marmot wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:17 pm I don't have a strong reason to townread Grogu, but I will shield them for shielding me. :noble:
Grogu wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:47 am
Marmot wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 3:46 am chard and Scirrus came to reasonable conclusions with their votes for me. I townread them.

Epignosis is trying to solve JJJ. I'll give him a townread for that. I want this to happen.

JJJ is posting in a manner he previously stated was uncomfortable. Not sure if that was a joke or a real feeling. He can surely explain. His vote for me is leaves a bit to be desired. Mild annoyance, he followed chardonnay's vote despite chard being listed in his "nothing" section.

Nanook shaded Jay for talking about game mechanics. No other reads. Big meh.

Nothing noteworthy from other players in my eyes as of yet (except for Grogu's TownWatch LLC, which I'm in the midst of applying for).
Alright. Welcome to the club!
Grogu wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:53 pm Epi is a fine wagon. I rather protect marmot

This is it. It'd be pretty blatant mafia teammate stuff from Grogu's side of things. I wouldn't say it's super hard to believe.

Yellow (could both be mafia)

Grogu and chardonnay interaction

Nothing. Neither has mentioned or interacted with the other.

Yellow (could both be mafia)

~~~~~~~~~~~

reywaS has no posts, so I'll just throw the other three into a pile regarding their posts about him:

...Nevermind there are none. So technically reywaS is compatible with any of them, and perhaps anyone in the game. fingersplints is the only one to do much with that slot to my memory.

I'll need to expand my digging outside my main POE of 4 and see what happens. Thankfully there's time and 20 more posts to do it.

[10]

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:42 pm I'm beginning to scope possible mafia pairings.
This, folks, is horseshit.

They're "possible" because no mafia has been caught yet. Any combo is possible.

This is JJJ trying to look useful. This is what he does. It's busy work.

Please, please, please stop listening to his horseshit and lynch him Day 2 after I'm gone.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Epignosis wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:08 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:42 pm I'm beginning to scope possible mafia pairings.

Please, please, please stop listening to his horseshit and lynch him Day 2 after I'm gone.
Ok. :noble:
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Epignosis wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:08 am

For someone who expects me to know his schedule better than I know my own, you sure don’t seem to remember much about me. I think I’ve done this “look useful” work in every game I’ve played since about 2019. This is how I solve games, or I sure try.

You have done this too many times in our years here. You convince yourself of some shit and confirm your own bias to high hell. I don’t figure there’s anything I can say that will make you stop and think, and I hope you take that to heart whenever you see my role.

Because it ain’t my damned fault. It rarely is when we find ourselves here.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Pyrrhic victory, Jay.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Getting worked up about the word “possible” is such English teacher bullshit. Jesus Christ. :meany:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 34
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Did Nanook really get CFD'd twice in one day?

I'll read up tomorrow and hopefully find answers to the questions I have.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Mafia: Image Image Image Image
Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.

Return to “Previous Rackets”