Shadow Corridors Mafia [GAME OVER]

Moderator: Community Team

Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 341

Re: Shadow Corridors Mafia [DAY 2] Rolling in the Deep

Post by 112 »

Thunal33 wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:08 am
Thunal33 wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:04 am I don't really want to elim someone who just isn't here and hasn't done anything since I actually don't think that group is as likely to be scum as the midposter group based on past experience with a similar sized game that had a lot of slankers. In that game literally all the slankers were town and scum easily won by just posting enough to get by. I don't think all the slankers are town here but eliming a slanker feels like a shot in the dark and is probably less likely to hit scum at this point.
Looking at Polypies' ISO it doesn't look good but it just looks like a bunch of nothing. Kinda feels rand so I don't really want to go on that wagon.
fair
tutuu
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 370

Post by tutuu »

whoever received the gun n1 - please shoot already
Loan Shark

Post by 112 »

probably for the best that nik's slot is resolved even if i'm leaning slightly town on it

in a perfect world nik would become obvtown and we'd find a different scapegoat
Loan Shark

Post by 112 »

tutuu wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:10 am whoever received the gun n1 - please shoot already
tutuu
MartinGG99
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 263
Preferred Pronouns: He/him
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

tutuu wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:10 am whoever received the gun n1 - please shoot already
You realize that would kill the target AND them, right?
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"
Spoiler: show
MartinGG99 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:40 am The only notable "solving" I've done publicly has managed to kill someone who had the same power role and alignment as me.

If that doesn't make a mockery of my confidence in my solving then I don't know what will.
Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:54 pm Competition is only impressive when it is kind.
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

MartinGG99 wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:14 am
You realize that would kill the target AND them, right?
yes i would have shot it already if i had it
Thundercat
Determination

Post by Thundercat »

sig wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:24 am I'd also think once Jack was close to being lynched he'd out himself in scum chat to try and get saved, so maybe we should take another look at the players who did the later swing on NIK.

This is a reasonable assumption. Is there even a point in mafia have a scum chat if it's anonymous to the point where they couldn't even hint at who each other are?
Thundercat
Determination

Post by Thundercat »

Thunal33 wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:45 am It bothers me that MR is the only person that thinks NIK could just be a townie in a new environment and is giving NIK way more of a chance than anyone else is. It feels like MR might have TMI about NIK being not mafia, so I'd actually vote MR over NIK right now (haven't completely caught up yet).

On the contrary, I don't think this makes MR look bad at all. Then again, I agree with MR on the thread state.

As some bloke once said, if the thread state sucks, change it.
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

Thundercat wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:25 am As some bloke once said, if the thread state sucks, change it.
Which is interesting tbh because as soon as we get off the NIK train so he isn't the top wagon

suddenly overnight (for me) a lot of people jump on it to return us to the status quo

it feels as if someone there was voting by virtue of abstaining but I haven't looked into that yet
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"
MartinGG99 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:40 am The only notable "solving" I've done publicly has managed to kill someone who had the same power role and alignment as me.

If that doesn't make a mockery of my confidence in my solving then I don't know what will.
Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:54 pm Competition is only impressive when it is kind.
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 297
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Alison »

112 wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:53 am
Thunal33 wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:50 am
112 wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:47 am
Thunal33 wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:45 am It bothers me that MR is the only person that thinks NIK could just be a townie in a new environment and is giving NIK way more of a chance than anyone else is. It feels like MR might have TMI about NIK being not mafia, so I'd actually vote MR over NIK right now (haven't completely caught up yet).
disagree

MR is the type who would state doubts as town

i totally believe this is a read he would have

and i'm sort of warming up to tp nik
If not MR or NIK, who do you suspect?
poly
nova
nanook to a degree
grand scheme to a degree
sig
kylemii
thundercat somewhat
do the qualifiers represent your mafia teammates?

(sorry I've been wanting to use this line ever since space invaders)
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
Alison
Posts in topic: 297

Post by Alison »

Thunal33 wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:55 am
MacDougall wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:37 am If I am playing the way I am playing I am a townsiding mafia. The optimal thing to do is turn on me in the late game if I don't manage to get myself cleared somehow strongly. Let me townside and kill my team off then kill me. There's no pro town agenda behind tinfoiling me at this juncture.
I don't like this defense. I disagree with this reasoning because if we can elim a mafia over a townie then that's good for town no matter who that mafia might be "siding" with. Also a "townsiding mafia" could be an important mafia PR. This doesn't come from a towny mindset.
Nah it's onbrand for town mac. He used this logic a few times when I was hydraing with him in game 1.
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

Polypies was the leading wagon at 4 votes when Thundercat and I got on him, if I recall correctly. Then, in less than 12 hours, NIK is up to 8 votes, meaning 6 or 5 people got on in a very short amount of time.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

MartinGG99 wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:37 am Polypies was the leading wagon at 4 votes when Thundercat and I got on him, if I recall correctly. Then, in less than 12 hours, NIK is up to 8 votes, meaning 6 or 5 people got on in a very short amount of time.
And this was after 24 hours had passed since SoD2.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

Current wagons; figured I should keep this here just in case it becomes relevant in the future.

NIK
38%
Voters: Stupid Sexy Flanders, Grand Scheme, Made, Chuck, sabie12, NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME, Myo, Master Radishes
novaselineever
10%
Voters: MacDougall, falcon45ca
polypies73
24%
Voters: tutuu, 112, nutella, Thundercat, MartinGG99
Sabie12
5%
Voters: Joe Who?
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
Loan Shark

Post by 112 »

I will say I've liked Sabie's posts a lot more this round compared to D1.
Thundercat
Determination

Post by Thundercat »

MartinGG99 wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:34 am
Thundercat wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:25 am As some bloke once said, if the thread state sucks, change it.
Which is interesting tbh because as soon as we get off the NIK train so he isn't the top wagon

suddenly overnight (for me) a lot of people jump on it to return us to the status quo

it feels as if someone there was voting by virtue of abstaining but I haven't looked into that yet
What do you mean by this?

My impression is that the voters fall into two camps: They think NIK is scum, or they think chopping NIK resolves something. To those in the second camp, what does chopping NIK resolve?
Thundercat
Determination

Post by Thundercat »

Did Alison make a joke???
Thundercat
Determination

Post by Thundercat »

MartinGG99 wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:37 am Polypies was the leading wagon at 4 votes when Thundercat and I got on him, if I recall correctly. Then, in less than 12 hours, NIK is up to 8 votes, meaning 6 or 5 people got on in a very short amount of time.

I don't think polypies said anything to warrant people moving their votes back either. :haha:
KZA
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 170
Preferred Pronouns: Any
Aka: KZA

Post by KZA »

[VOTE: Nova] aubergine
KZA
Hally wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:51 am eating an entire sandwich is not that hard
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

Here's the vote-count from D1 that I took note:
D1 VC
8%
Voters: KZA, MartinGG99
Jackofhearts2005
38%
Voters: Stupid Sexy Flanders, 112, nutella, Master Radishes, tutuu, NIK, Made, Joe Who?, Alison, Thunal33
MacDougall
4%
Voters: BoKnows
NIK
35%
Voters: sig, NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME, sabie12, Jackofhearts2005, Thundercat, polypies73, Grand Scheme, MacDougall, falcon45ca

No vote: Kylemii, Novaselinenever, Chuck
D2 VC (So far at time of writing)
NIK
38%
Voters: Stupid Sexy Flanders, Grand Scheme, Made, Chuck, sabie12, NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME, Myo, Master Radishes
novaselineever
10%
Voters: MacDougall, falcon45ca, KZA
polypies73
24%
Voters: tutuu, 112, nutella, Thundercat, MartinGG99
Sabie12
5%
Voters: Joe Who?

No vote: Kylemii, Novaselinenever, polypies73, Alison, Thunal33, NIK
Only SSF, MR, and Made have maintained a vote on Jack on D1 and NIK on D2 as of this moment.

These voters are people who have primarily voted NIK on both D1 and D2.

These are people who voted Jack D1 but as of the moment haven't maintained a vote on NIK for D2. (NIK not included unless you're expecting a self-vote)

These are people who voted NIK D1 but as of the moment haven't maintained a vote on NIK for D2. (Jack not included since he's dead)

These are the people who jumped onto the NIK wagon as of D2. Notably, these are both players who seemingly either arrived or subbed in today. (Coloring BoKnows since Myo is his slot)

Quite a few people jumped off the wagon and quite a few jumped on the wagon of NIK when comparing D1 to D2, though 3 voters have been consistent in voting NIK since D1.

The colors here are simply for visualization purposes, and have nothing to do with alignment.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

My brain kinda hurts trying to figure out something from this, but I hope for someone it'll prove a useful analysis.

I'll see if I think of or realize something later.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

i think the colors look very pretty martin so for that reason i appreciate it very much ^_^ *kiss*
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

like for real, you chose colors that didn't have too much saturation and brightness and were pleasant on the eyes

if anyone complains about it due to them using light theme then don't listen to them, they're probably a flat earther too
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 241

Post by sig »

tutuu wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:32 pm like for real, you chose colors that didn't have too much saturation and brightness and were pleasant on the eyes

if anyone complains about it due to them using light theme then don't listen to them, they're probably a flat earther too
Probably all part of his mafia scheme, makes appealing colors and only civs would do that
ImageImage
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

MartinGG99 wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:20 pm Only SSF, MR, and Made have maintained a vote on Jack on D1 and NIK on D2 as of this moment.

These voters are people who have primarily voted NIK on both D1 and D2.

These are people who voted Jack D1 but as of the moment haven't maintained a vote on NIK for D2. (NIK not included unless you're expecting a self-vote)

These are people who voted NIK D1 but as of the moment haven't maintained a vote on NIK for D2. (Jack not included since he's dead)

These are the people who jumped onto the NIK wagon as of D2. Notably, these are both players who seemingly either arrived or subbed in today. (Coloring BoKnows since Myo is his slot)
So this is a great look if Jack + NIK are W/W

This is a good look if NIK is a wolf, and a bad look if NIK is town.

This is a good look if Jack + NIK are W/V

This is a bad look if NIK is wolf, but a good look if he's town

This is a bad look if NIK is town, but a semi-good look if NIK is a wolf

So, basically:

+ Town points if NIK is town:

Color
Color

+ Town points if NIK is wolf:

Color
Color
Color

And vice versa for +Scum points to the opposite side (Though since these players have already eliminated a wolf, I wouldn't say its too bad if they miseliminated here)

If NIK is a 3p then I don't !@#$ing know what to do with this.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

Of course the only way to know if this was worthwhile is to ironically flip NIK :/.

Night flips don't happen, and even then I'm doubtful NIK gets night-killed.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

sig wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:41 pm Probably all part of his mafia scheme, makes appealing colors and only civs would do that
Well, last time I did use colors (without paying attention to the colors I used) I got this response:
MartinGG99 wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:35 pm Also a slight hypocrisy here unless I'm misunderstanding lol.
BoKnows wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:44 pm The yellow font hurt me eyes.
I would rather have something that is conducive to the reader, rather than to never use colors at all and have them trudge through a wall of grey text to get my message very slowly; that just only encourages people to not read and/or misunderstand or fail to understand what I say.

I don't think there would've been an effective way to post what I did without causing confusion amongst some readers.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
Thundercat
Determination

Post by Thundercat »

I'm rooting for NIK to be town so I can get town points.
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

MartinGG99 wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:44 pm And vice versa for +Scum points to the opposite side (Though since these players have already eliminated a wolf, I wouldn't say its too bad if they miseliminated here)
Fixed.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
Loan Shark

Post by 112 »

where do I vote tbh
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

MartinGG99 wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:46 pm Of course the only way to know if this was worthwhile is to ironically flip NIK :/.

Night flips don't happen, and even then I'm doubtful NIK gets night-killed.
Oh and

[VOTE: NIK] aubergine

Might as well consider myself part of the voters here with this statement. I don't want my investment (such as intentionally making NIK not the top wagon temporarily) to go to waste.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

still have not read a single NIK post, no ragrets
KZA
Loan Shark

Post by KZA »

Give me a gun, I have a master plan
KZA
Hally wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:51 am eating an entire sandwich is not that hard
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

KZA wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:03 pm Give me a gun, I have a master plan
i hope it involves pointing it at me
Stupid Sexy Flanders
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 231
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Stupid Sexy Flanders »

Odd thing to say
Majority rule, don't work in mental institutions
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Thundercat wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:21 am
sig wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:24 am I'd also think once Jack was close to being lynched he'd out himself in scum chat to try and get saved, so maybe we should take another look at the players who did the later swing on NIK.

This is a reasonable assumption. Is there even a point in mafia have a scum chat if it's anonymous to the point where they couldn't even hint at who each other are?

Exactly, I think its even a stretch to assume they just didn't all reveal themselves right away. Obliterator needs them alive and can only soup based off roles so why not?

Basically I'm now thinking we should ignore the whole anonymous thing and just assume mafia revealed themselves
ImageImage
KZA
Loan Shark

Post by KZA »

tutuu wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:46 pm
KZA wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:03 pm Give me a gun, I have a master plan
i hope it involves pointing it at me
:beer:
KZA
Thunal33
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 252

Post by Thunal33 »

Alison wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:35 am
Thunal33 wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:55 am
MacDougall wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:37 am If I am playing the way I am playing I am a townsiding mafia. The optimal thing to do is turn on me in the late game if I don't manage to get myself cleared somehow strongly. Let me townside and kill my team off then kill me. There's no pro town agenda behind tinfoiling me at this juncture.
I don't like this defense. I disagree with this reasoning because if we can elim a mafia over a townie then that's good for town no matter who that mafia might be "siding" with. Also a "townsiding mafia" could be an important mafia PR. This doesn't come from a towny mindset.
Nah it's onbrand for town mac. He used this logic a few times when I was hydraing with him in game 1.
Okay. I don't feel great about Mac since he's more UTR than usual and it feels like he's been repeating his takes a lot instead of making new ones or engaging with others, but I wouldn't elim him today.
ImageImage
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

sig wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:05 pm
Thundercat wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:21 am

Exactly, I think its even a stretch to assume they just didn't all reveal themselves right away. Obliterator needs them alive and can only soup based off roles so why not?

Basically I'm now thinking we should ignore the whole anonymous thing and just assume mafia revealed themselves
I think it's a fairly safe bet that the mafia would try to guess who each other are based on posts in maf chat if they didn't reveal themselves, so they still have more info than town.
ImageImage
falcon45ca
Posts in topic: 191

Post by falcon45ca »

KZA wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:10 pm[VOTE: Nova] aubergine
Sheep my vote on Nova, eh? Nice
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 797
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Nik wagon growing so fast is sketchy. I think I trust the people on the poly and nova wagons more on average.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Stupid Sexy Flanders
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 231
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Stupid Sexy Flanders »

nutella wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:16 pm Nik wagon growing so fast is sketchy. I think I trust the people on the poly and nova wagons more on average.
Exactly the feeling I had at EOD1, and then again this morning when i slid my vote over to Nova.
Majority rule, don't work in mental institutions
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

I think the question for the NIK wagon is will they be a recurring thing? Like can the game move forward effectively if they're unflipped. Since if not now would be the time to do it when civs are ahead by this much. I'm back and forth on NIK I voted for them last phase partly to tie it just because and partly since I thought they were worse than Jack.

It still bugs me that NIK and Jack took so long to vote for each other and just gut wise.
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

And can we really judge wagon size as an issue when Jack wagon was packed with people?

Also I've not looked back yet. But, it doesn't seem like anyone's really done a deep dive of the people who defended Jack right?
ImageImage
Master Radishes
Hitman
Posts in topic: 104

Post by Master Radishes »

sig wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:56 pm I think the question for the NIK wagon is will they be a recurring thing? Like can the game move forward effectively if they're unflipped. Since if not now would be the time to do it when civs are ahead by this much. I'm back and forth on NIK I voted for them last phase partly to tie it just because and partly since I thought they were worse than Jack.

It still bugs me that NIK and Jack took so long to vote for each other and just gut wise.
We're clever people. I think we can handle it if we get to late-game with NIK unresolved.
Master Radishes
Hitman

sig wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:56 pm And can we really judge wagon size as an issue when Jack wagon was packed with people?
But I agree with this too. I don't see anything worrying about NIK's wagon and how/when it formed this Day.

In fact, wait, who said that... :evileye:
Master Radishes
Hitman

Oh it was Martin.

Hmm.
Master Radishes
Hitman

Btw have I missed something about why tutuu is not doing anything this game?
KZA
Loan Shark

Post by KZA »

Master Radishes wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:04 pm Btw have I missed something about why tutuu is not doing anything this game?
Hmm she did some stuff when she was sus'd early on. Maybe I will shoot her as she asked.
KZA
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

I think wagoning NIK over someone else just because the slot needs to be resolved isn't good logic. I don't really like either the NIK or Poly wagons but I can't say I dislike them or object to them either. That's the problem when a large portion of the game doesn't give many takes.
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”