54%

Total votes: 13
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 37
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Re: It's a Mysterious Universe (D3)

Post by Turnip Head »

I can't believe Mac made a dichotomy where either Alison or TSP is scum and then blew up funnygurl
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 664
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Turnip Head wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:35 pm I can't believe Mac made a dichotomy where either Alison or TSP is scum and then blew up funnygurl
I'm also slightly confused tbh
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 73

Post by Quin »

okay im going to go eat cheese toast one last time before sizzler shuts down forever
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

There are four original people left and four non-original people left.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

the only person who might understand my anticipation just blew himself up how bout that
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

[VOTE: Marmot] aubergine

He infested our punk chat on night 1 and never stopped saying sketchy things :eye:
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

:workit: [VOTE: marmot] aubergine
ImageImageImageImage
Hyena
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 279
Preferred Pronouns: Any pronouns work!

Post by Hyena »

Hi, again. o:
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

nutella wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:23 pm @Hyena @Trustworthy Liberal more deets on our friendly neighborhood root vegetable please
Tell me what you want to know. :D
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

Alison wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:11 pm I townread Hyena and since I don't have access to the group chat I'm going to more or less just sheep Hyena's take on things there.
I don't know if this is a good idea or not, but okay. <3
Alison wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:12 pm Wait. Is it legal for Hyena to create a pastebin link with the full chat logs of the out of threaders' group chat, and link to it here?

I suspect it is not legal, but it doesn't hurt to check.
I assumed it was not legal, but if anyone tells me otherwise, I don't mind doing this. It's easier than paraphrasing everything. x_x
nutella wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:24 pm
Alison wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:13 pm
nutella wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:26 pm
Hyena wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:23 pm
Hyena wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:19 pm Looking at Quin stuff now,

Quin liked the way Poison was handling the wagon against her.
They also thought that Nutella's shot on LC doesn't confirm her. Thought it was suss that Nutella's entire play was that she can specifically kill Long Con?? I dunno what was meant about the latter part -- you guys should probably ask them about that.
My role said I could target anyone and if they were the "right person" they would die, if they weren't nothing would happen. In a previous Nanook game TSP had a similar role and the "right person" was LC so I was sort of memeing about that in thread with TSP and thought it would be funny if it actually was LC again, so I sent it in not really expecting it to go through but when it did it was hilarious
LC was "Dimwitted Government Agency Man". Enrique was "Magic Man".

Is there a possibility that your role kills people with "man" in their role name? I could see nanook writing up all the roles and being like "oh shit, I have a bunch of role names that end in 'man', I should make a role that can only kill those". It would be on-brand for his sense of humor I think.
Well at first I thought it was just a single target for the whole game and I'd become vanilla after the LC shot, but I asked and he said I get a new "right person" each day and can submit a target each day, so I think it's just one exact "right person" at a time, not a set of possible targets. I hate that I hit a town one though, thought it would be reassigned to a diff mafia member after LC but I guess that's not quite how it works.
So wait, you can shoot someone today, too, possibly?
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

how do town behave in such a chat? how do wolves behave?
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

also how the heck has Nutella hit her right person two days in a row
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:53 pm I didn’t think it was bad that we were chopping Poison. I wanted to chop poison. I clearly wanted to chop Poison. I thought Poison was mafia.
The only complaint I have about the Poison chop is that I thought Poison was town and I don't recall Marmot telling you guys. ;< I'll shoulder some of the blame though since I didn't push him as hard to tell you guys about that as I did to tell you about the Sloonei stuff.
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:57 pm how do town behave in such a chat? how do wolves behave?
I don't even know. I just tried to give reads, but I quickly got bored of that.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 373
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Yeah I can try to shoot someone today. I'm currently thinking turnip but if anyone has strong feeling lmk
to the spoiler go the victories:
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Hyena
Loan Shark

Re: It's a Mysterious Universe (D1)

Post by Hyena »

MacDougall wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:00 pm
Alison wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:24 pm Syn's description of themselves as "agitating" is bothering me and I can't put my finger on why. I just think it's a little weird for someone to describe themselves/their mafia play that way. I also can't explain why that's mafia indicative though. (My best theory is that it's setting up an excuse for awkwardness/discomfort by implying that his posts always rub people the wrong way? But I don't really believe that even as I write it and it feels like a rationalization of a gut read more than anything.)
Stops on a dime to throw some shit at another townie.
So, I did see this post from Alison, and while I didn't agree with it (I wasn't bothered with the word "agitating" since I'd describe my normal play similarly, especially early game), I didn't feel like it was AI since I receive complaints like that all the time from people.
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

nutella wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:03 pm Yeah I can try to shoot someone today. I'm currently thinking turnip but if anyone has strong feeling lmk
I'm hesitant to give Trustworthy a townread, by the way. Like, I didn't really know how to read any of the people that were with me.
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

Hyena wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:07 pm
nutella wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:03 pm Yeah I can try to shoot someone today. I'm currently thinking turnip but if anyone has strong feeling lmk
I'm hesitant to give Trustworthy a townread, by the way. Like, I didn't really know how to read any of the people that were with me.
Speaking of Trustworthy, when we were deciding who to maybe RB, Trustworthy initially attempted to vote themself rather than decide on someone else.

The vote discussion and the order of votes is probably something else I can look at and give you guys.
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

I feel absolutely useless right now to be honest. Between being stuck outside of the thread and not being able to do my normal hyena shenanigans D1, I don't really know how to approach getting reads on people. This is exactly why I hate subbing into games midway through. ;-;
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Please don't ruin your streak just to shoot me. I literally just got here.
Hyena
Loan Shark

Re: It's a Mysterious Universe (D1)

Post by Hyena »

MacDougall wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:02 pm
Alison wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:11 pm [VOTE: Vulgard] aubergine

Poison: Here's your five points.

1) Your reads haven't made sense to me this game.

2) The way you flooded the thread with a bunch of meaningless posts is a scumtell.

3) The way you handled the "I have TMI on TSP too" stuff with nutella was awkward and bad, and now that TSP has been spewed green it looks a lot like you really did have TMI on him and were trying to pass it off as a joke.

4) LC's flip hasn't changed your read on me at all, indicating that you are not interested in having good reads and are looking to push a narrative.

5) LC has made a lot of people look good except you. That means there are very few candidates who can be mafia, which means the probability of any individual player in the list being mafia is higher. Combined with the above 4 points, that makes your scum equity pretty high.
Here you moved off the Poison vote to vote Vulgard as a resignation but keep slinging shit at Poison.

What I am seeing is someone who went about building negative momentum towards a heap of town players d1 but was forced to townside and vote Vulgard because of the gamestate.
I feel like someone gave this exact read in our neighborhood chat, actually. Let me look and see.
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

Okay, Marmot was the one who first mentioned that Alison was one of the later voters on Vulgard and that she did so because she trusted the voters on Vulgard in spite of finding Poison more suspicious. Marmot didn't think a scummate wouldn't make that kind of argument.

Turnip then questioned this and mentioned the possibility that Alison thought the amount of distancing was sufficient in Vulgard's end?
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

Hyena wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:21 pm Okay, Marmot was the one who first mentioned that Alison was one of the later voters on Vulgard and that she did so because she trusted the voters on Vulgard in spite of finding Poison more suspicious. Marmot didn't think a scummate wouldn't make that kind of argument.

Turnip then questioned this and mentioned the possibility that Alison thought the amount of distancing was sufficient in Vulgard's end?
This discussion all happened shortly after I gave my thoughts on Vulgard's ISO.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

So, lost wolf.
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

Hmm... I'm reading some convo from Turnip and Marmot, and I think I have reason to believe that they aren't scummates.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Right, my thought towards that discussion was that Vulgard did all the anti-spew and that if Alison had gone just as hard against vulgard it would have felt heavy handed and over-the-top. For the theory that they were teammates- which we entertained in the punk chat for a minute
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

Hyena wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:25 pm Hmm... I'm reading some convo from Turnip and Marmot, and I think I have reason to believe that they aren't scummates.
To go into this in more detail...

No one from our chat is pushing the others to go reread the chat I feel like, but in it, I see Turnip and Marmot talking about who they'd vote for if they could vote D2. Turnip mentioned they'd vote for FG if they could since her handling of Poison felt out of character for FG. Marmot then mentioned struggling to find a reason to vote someone, which Turnip then reacted to by saying, "Yeah it's tough to come up with votes when you're mafia. Sorry bud."

Given how little any of us in the chat were engaged with the game, I don't think scum would feel the need to be performative there. Thus, I don't think this was any kind of distancing act.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

hmm

thinkin about trusty lib
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

nutella wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:32 pm hmm

thinkin about trusty lib
So, like, out of the four of us who were in the chat, I got the best vibes from Turnip. I didn't feel anything from Trusty nor Quin.
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

Hyena wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:30 pm
Hyena wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:25 pm Hmm... I'm reading some convo from Turnip and Marmot, and I think I have reason to believe that they aren't scummates.
To go into this in more detail...

No one from our chat is pushing the others to go reread the chat I feel like, but in it, I see Turnip and Marmot talking about who they'd vote for if they could vote D2. Turnip mentioned they'd vote for FG if they could since her handling of Poison felt out of character for FG. Marmot then mentioned struggling to find a reason to vote someone, which Turnip then reacted to by saying, "Yeah it's tough to come up with votes when you're mafia. Sorry bud."

Given how little any of us in the chat were engaged with the game, I don't think scum would feel the need to be performative there. Thus, I don't think this was any kind of distancing act.
Quin and Trustworthy were talking about video games(??), and I don't see why they wouldn't just save that for scum chat if they were scummates together?
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

Marmot + Trustworthy scummates might be a thing.
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

Hyena wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:40 pm Marmot + Trustworthy scummates might be a thing.
Trustworthy jokingly called Marmot scum, too, but on reread, it has that "inside joke" kind of feel that makes me feel that they could be scummates. Also, when Marmot asked all of us if we were ready to get into the thread, Trustworthy was the last to answer (pretty much a seconding of what Turnip said as an answer). Quin didn't answer at all.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

I can dig that
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I don't think our chat has more than one wolf. I think we started out with one wolf at max, and then marmot joined the chat afterwards, and could also be mafia, but I don't think marmot is mafia with anyone else from the chat.
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

Turnip Head wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:46 pm I don't think our chat has more than one wolf. I think we started out with one wolf at max, and then marmot joined the chat afterwards, and could also be mafia, but I don't think marmot is mafia with anyone else from the chat.
Yeah, I think I agree with this. The only thing I'm not factoring in right now is the possible lost wolf that has been mentioned.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Where did the lost wolf theory come from?
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Hyena wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:45 pm
Hyena wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:40 pm Marmot + Trustworthy scummates might be a thing.
Trustworthy jokingly called Marmot scum, too, but on reread, it has that "inside joke" kind of feel that makes me feel that they could be scummates. Also, when Marmot asked all of us if we were ready to get into the thread, Trustworthy was the last to answer (pretty much a seconding of what Turnip said as an answer). Quin didn't answer at all.
I agreed with Turnip about keeping us safe when he asked N1, but yeah I didn't say anything. When he asked again last night it was when I was asleep. I'm Australian so I'm basically working a schedule opposite everybody else.
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Turnip Head wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:48 pm Where did the lost wolf theory come from?
A note that appeared with Sloonei's corpse, apparently TSP passed it to Sloonei unknowingly and the original source is a mystery
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

Hyena wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:45 pm
On second thought, Trustworthy could be scum alone and Marmot could be town. It was Trustworthy jokingly calling Marmot that really gave me the weird vibe in that interaction. Basically, it is possible that there could be only one scum between them, which would be Trustworthy in this case, I think.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

i don't know what a lost wolf is. should i know what a lost wolf is?
ImageImageImageImage
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Turnip Head wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:48 pm Where did the lost wolf theory come from?
Master detective sloonei
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Quin wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:52 pm i don't know what a lost wolf is. should i know what a lost wolf is?
It’s a wolf that doesn’t have access to scum chat
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

nutella wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:49 pm
A note that appeared with Sloonei's corpse, apparently TSP passed it to Sloonei unknowingly and the original source is a mystery
I think I was blocked, maybe?
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

I want to have been blocked so people know I didn’t kill Sloonei
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

could refer to a wolf in the punk gang. thinking about a scum who can't be in scum btsc because they're in gang btsc.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:55 pm I want to have been blocked so people know I didn’t kill Sloonei
We blocked you last night.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

oh fuck if 4 scum that would clear tsp
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

do you know for sure that it went through though? hyena said it was a maybe thing
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

nutella wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:59 pm do you know for sure that it went through though? hyena said it was a maybe thing
Yeah, we don't know if it goes through or not. We did target TSP last night though.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

also what there are presumably 2 left? unless you're saying 1 factional (who'd have killed) and 1 lost wolf (who could be tsp lol)
Image Image Image Image
Image Image

Return to “Previous Jobs”