The 7th Saga [END, JJJ IS A DOOFUS]

Moderator: Community Team

Choose a vegetable or fruit to hurl at the host.

Tomato
17%
Broccoli
No votes
Butternut squash
50%
Aubergine
17%
Tangerine
17%

Total votes: 6
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 319

Re: The 7th Saga [Day 2]

Post by MacDougall »

The reason town isn't winning this game is because I didn't do first post reads. So I'll do that now. Sorry town.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Re: The 7th Saga [Day 1]

Post by MacDougall »

Alison wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:57 pm mac v
tutuu v
hally v
ted w
LC naked w

don't ask me to explain any of these reads; it's part of my "experimental new playstyle"
Locktown
cassowary wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:26 pm ok, sorry, my power was out for like 8 hours yesterday due to what the power company referred to as a "car/pole incident"

i'm here now i guess

wow theres a lotta garbage to wade through here though
Lean mafia
Hally wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:08 pm
MacDougall wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:02 pm
MacDougall wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:02 pmHi
Lean mafia
this is a scum claim

[VOTE: mac] aubergine
Lean town
Long Con wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:34 pm Hi all. I never played 7th Saga. Final Fantasy, Phantasy Star, Dragon Warrior... those were solid early RPGs. And Shining Force!

So, is that tutuu post lie-detectable? Asking for a friend.

Also, does this font show up for everyone?
Lock mafia
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:19 pm Sup
Lock town never rescind
tedxtr wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:07 pm this is a pre-rand post
Lean town

The team is LC/Fatmo. GG.
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 152
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:42 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:22 am
MacDougall wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:15 am Does Hally/Fatmo make sense as a team?
2/3 claims being mafia would be a huge lol

Not impossible but like

I’d have to see more hard claims to believe it tbh
I don't see how claiming makes any difference tbh.

Fatmo had to claim because I cornered him into it. A VT claim would get him turboed. Claiming town PR is his only option whether it's true or not.

Hally's claim is tame by comparison.

I really don't understand how this is influencing your read at all tbh. Explain it like I'm 5.
Sure

If you’re town, and your role suggests the presence of multiple town PRs that aren’t you (I actually disagree that it does, but that’s beside the point), either Hally/Fatmo are both town and the rest of town is either VT or not claiming (likely no more than one not claiming tho)...or one of Hally/Fatmo is mafia and there’s at least one unclaimed town PR out there. I think it’s doubtful there’s two unclaimed town PRs out there cause like...unless you’re a cop with useless checks (unlikely in this game imo), town should probably just be claiming here I think?

Basically I think it’s unlikely there’s multiple unclaimed town PRs out there, which makes it unlikely that both of Hally and Fatmo are mafia, cause you being the only town PR makes little sense.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

I’m really really tempted to say there’s a difference check between Mac and Fatmo actually, the more I think about it the less I understand how their roles can coexist as town. Mafia getting any actions off is just RNG/luck if they’re both town

I don’t think a strongman really balances the scales there

So yeah I’m thinking there may be a difference check between Fatmo and mac, and I don’t think Fatmo/Hally is a likely team (possible if there are multiple unclaimed town PRs but I doubt it)

On the other hand I know how much jay hates mech solving so 🤷‍♀️
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

What is a fact is that at least one mafia is voting for LC atm. So if he is mafia he is being voted by his teammate. If he is town both mafia are voting there. Belee dat.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Are the mafia in a position where it makes sense for them to bus LC here? I dispute that they are.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 213
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

I'm not even catching up on the last two pages. Good luck guys.

I can’t read either of ted/LC tbh so 🤷‍♀️
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:06 am I can’t read either of ted/LC tbh so 🤷‍♀️
It's a blessing and a curse.
tedxtr
:wiz:
Posts in topic: 173
Location: some place where people retire from normals (maybe)
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by tedxtr »

[VOTE: Hally ] aubergine
ImageImageImageImage
The Mark
Posts in topic: 168
Preferred Pronouns: he, him

Post by 1612 »

Oh god. are we going to lose this, is Long Con just town for not catching up. Why isn't tedxtr voting Long Con anymore, why are people so determined that Hally is mafia. If I am just being fooled and we lose a miscondemn I don't know if we'll be able to win. Mac, should I just listen to you here. I guess it's up to Nanook since he susses both and he can decide who he'll decide to flip. I'm sticking to this one. I just don't know how far mafia is willing to go in this site so my mafia standards are very low and naive. I can't wait to lose.
The Mark

Post by 1612 »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:35 am What is a fact is that at least one mafia is voting for LC atm. So if he is mafia he is being voted by his teammate. If he is town both mafia are voting there. Belee dat.
I- really don't know Mac. Like if Long Con is town, who are the two mafia? I suspected tedxtr to be the one bussing Long Con but now he swapped to Hally silently.... Like wtf is going on?? Is it Hally and ted (town reads I have) and ted is claiming towncred for trying to bus his partner??? This game is super hard, forum is hard, you guys are scary good at lying.
The Mark

Post by 1612 »

ALISON IS READING GIVE ME YOUR ENERGY

The Mark

Post by 1612 »

Long Con wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:18 am I'm not even catching up on the last two pages. Good luck guys.
Long con are you town?? where is the mafia wifom so we get drunk, why go out with a whimper instead of a bang. what is happening, aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I’m super tempted to vote for Hally but I also think it’s strictly better to kill outside the claims first

I can see an edge world where all the claims are town, I don’t think I see a world where 1612/ted/LC are all town 🤷‍♀️
The Mark

Post by 1612 »

lylo is going to ffricking suck if this flips town. i don't even think two mafia are on it if its blue. it might be ted and fatmo, i reallly fail to see how it is hally. if its hally and long con town on town, oh boy we just auto lose imo.
The Mark

Post by 1612 »

tedxtr wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:23 am [VOTE: Hally ] aubergine
EXPLAIN, you say Hallly is really off and you vote Long Con.
We start to vote up Long Con and then you vote up Hally.

Why do I feel like you are avoiding Mac's "two mafia are on this vote if LC is town"

Please walk me through your thought process!!
Fatmo
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 145

Post by Fatmo »

1612 wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:32 pm lylo is going to ffricking suck if this flips town. i don't even think two mafia are on it if its blue. it might be ted and fatmo, i reallly fail to see how it is hally. if its hally and long con town on town, oh boy we just auto lose imo.
Again, why are you so dead set that I’m scum no matter what? You seem to have never actually tried to reevaluate me and thought my slot was already scummy when I jumped in. From my POV you kind of seem to be bending over backwards to always have me as scum.

Also, you’ve been talking a lot about me, but have never really tried to engage with me even when I’ve tried talking to you. At least Mac has engaged with me even though it’s been lots of friction.

I still think you’re probably town, but this is kind of frustrating and I hope it doesn’t loose the game for us.

I’m not really around much until the deadline but should be able to be around later. I tend to be able to post in evenings/night more. I’m in pacific time.
Image Image
Fatmo
Stool Pigeon

Post by Fatmo »

Also, one of your two top town reads has me as more or less lock town, and you don’t seem to have even taken that into account at all. With as much as you’ve been focused on Hally and me, it’s weird to me that you haven’t seemed to make a note of this.
Image Image
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Fatmo, why should we believe that you are not scum with the power to block two players? It kind of makes more sense than Town having that power.
Fatmo
Stool Pigeon

Post by Fatmo »

Hmm, and I guess it’s possibly noteworthy that Hally is hard defending me when Mac calls me scum but not when 1612 does. Unless I’ve missed a post where she did.
Image Image
Fatmo
Stool Pigeon

Post by Fatmo »

Long Con wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:56 pm Fatmo, why should we believe that you are not scum with the power to block two players? It kind of makes more sense than Town having that power.
Why would I even have admitted to blocking two players if I was scum with that power? Lol it’s not like if I’d claimed to be RB that people would suspect me of lying that I only had one RB. Why do I claim to have roleblocked you as well?
Image Image
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Well, I knew I was blocked because I was informed. You had to admit it because of the possible presence of a tracker or watcher, for one.
Fatmo
Stool Pigeon

Post by Fatmo »

Oh I didn't know you'd be informed.

I guess that could be true in theory about trackers or watchers. But as scum, you have to weigh making shady claims with the likelihood that there are roles that can prove you wrong as well as the likelihood that those roles will specifically target you. So scum wouldn't inherently want to out that.

Fuck, LC even bothering to come back to throw some shade on me after he seemed to kind of peace out seems like it could be coming from town. Not even trying to defend himself but throwing a little solvey shade at me. I know this can be faked though so bleh.

I'd still feel even less good with a Hally kill though.

I have to eat lunch that's getting cold now but I'll try to be back sometime before the deadline if I can at all.
Image Image
Fatmo
Stool Pigeon

Post by Fatmo »

Actually, I just looked at SOD, and it's full of you defending my claim and throwing shade at people for doubting it. You didn't seem to be suspicious of it then.

Why the change now?
Image Image
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Fatmo wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:01 pm Actually, I just looked at SOD, and it's full of you defending my claim and throwing shade at people for doubting it. You didn't seem to be suspicious of it then.

Why the change now?
Well... I just looked at SOD, and I don't really see what you're talking about. I never defended your claim. I even asked you about your targeting reasons and you never answered.

LC do you have a PR? Or are you claiming VT that was notified they were blocked?
Fatmo
Stool Pigeon

Post by Fatmo »

Long Con wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:11 pm
Fatmo wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:01 pm Actually, I just looked at SOD, and it's full of you defending my claim and throwing shade at people for doubting it. You didn't seem to be suspicious of it then.

Why the change now?
Well... I just looked at SOD, and I don't really see what you're talking about. I never defended your claim. I even asked you about your targeting reasons and you never answered.
viewtopic.php?f=273&t=1944&p=668907#p668907

This seems like it's kind of shading Hally for not believing the claim.
Long Con wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:50 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:48 pm
tedxtr wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:48 pm
Fatmo wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:45 pm
tedxtr wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:44 pm I kinda wanna soft clear Mac for doing the fatmo push lmao who’s stoping me
Lol I'm not clearing him for that. Why would you want to?
It’s anti-village but the way he handled it was townie imo, I find myself doing those kinds of pushes in a lot of my games when I have a scum read but scum on like tone and leave room for doubt, often in the form of a PR read
It wasn't anti village at all. If Fatmo did what he should have done it would have been extremely pro village. But Fatmo is scum with Hally and that's that.
What should he have done? Are you talking about better targets, or the way he brought it into the thread? Or that he didn't just tell you his role when you asked?
Shading Mac for questioning me.
Long Con wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:58 pm
Hally wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:57 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:40 pm Fwiw my reaction to how Hally has started today mirrored Ted's. I'm just out atm so only checking in on my phone randomly.
tell me more mac about how im mafia
You did try to throw shade at fatmo's claim as soon as he made it.
Throwing shade at Halley for supposedly throwing shade at me.
Long Con wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:02 pm Claiming the block of two players when the kill went through is the right play, isn't it?
Here you're saying it was the right play.
Fatmo wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:54 pm
Long Con wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:45 pm Fatmo, why did you choose to block Joseph and myself?
I was most sus of Mac based on my own interactions with anyone during that night phase.

And you were the counterwagon, near the bottom of lots of POEs, and I read the first ten pages of the thread and could see you possibly being scum.

And I had to choose two people next to each other alphabetically. I didn't want to block 1612, who would have counted as being the first/last (so would have been between Tutuu and me). I also didn't want to block Tutuu or Ted.

So you two seemed like the best choice.

I also am not really a mechanically great player sometimes and often get yelled at for my PR choices lol.
You must have missed this answer I gave to you?
Image Image

LC/Fatmo probably town town I guess

Ted or 1612 probably better but doubt I have support for that with 30 minutes left

I’m back to not caring much about this game I can only get so invested in a game where even the most basic question to the GM gets a fucking Cheshire Cat response
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Right, I didn't miss it, I just forgot it just then. The alphabetical thing.

What is "shade"? I thought it was suspicion. Asking questions isn't applying suspicion, it's getting information.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:14 pm LC do you have a PR? Or are you claiming VT that was notified they were blocked?
I'm a cop. I tried to check 1612 night 1.
Fatmo
Stool Pigeon

Post by Fatmo »

Nook, you don't think he's just blatantly trying to rewrite history in saying he didn't see how he defended me or shaded people defending me at SOD?

I was kind of considering looking for a new kill when he first came back and threw a bit of shade at me but not since he doubled down and said he never did what he clearly did. Plus I answered his question to me that he claimed I didn't

PPE: Yea, shade is suspicion.

And you did seem like you were implying suspicion on people for questioning my claim, since you yourself said that what I did was the right play.
Image Image
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:26 pm LC/Fatmo probably town town I guess

Ted or 1612 probably better but doubt I have support for that with 30 minutes left

I’m back to not caring much about this game I can only get so invested in a game where even the most basic question to the GM gets a fucking Cheshire Cat response
I think Hally is more suspicious than any of them. What are you clearing her for again?
Fatmo
Stool Pigeon

Post by Fatmo »

Holy shit if you and Mac are both town man I fucked up that RB.
Image Image

Fatmo wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:29 pm Nook, you don't think he's just blatantly trying to rewrite history in saying he didn't see how he defended me or shaded people defending me at SOD?

I was kind of considering looking for a new kill when he first came back and threw a bit of shade at me but not since he doubled down and said he never did what he clearly did. Plus I answered his question to me that he claimed I didn't

PPE: Yea, shade is suspicion.

And you did seem like you were implying suspicion on people for questioning my claim, since you yourself said that what I did was the right play.
First off you’re badly abusing the word shade
Fatmo
Stool Pigeon

Post by Fatmo »

Nook, do you believe this cop claim on first instinct? You did say you thought we were probably T/T before the claim.
Image Image

Long Con wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:30 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:26 pm LC/Fatmo probably town town I guess

I think Hally is more suspicious than any of them. What are you clearing her for again?
Read my iso I’ve spelled out why voting outside the claims is better imo
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Fatmo wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:30 pm Holy shit if you and Mac are both town man I fucked up that RB.
Yes, if Joseph is telling the truth about his doc then you stopped two town PR roles with that.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:32 pm

Hally claimed?

Don’t know don’t care I’m checking out and sheeping Mac, you guys can figure it out

Long Con wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:33 pm

Hally claimed?
Yep
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:33 pm
Long Con wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:33 pm

Hally claimed?
Yep
I should read everything more. I'll look it up. :noble:
Fatmo
Stool Pigeon

Post by Fatmo »

Nook also suspects Hally.

Honestly, I have kind of a hot take that IF Hally is mafia, that 1612 is a possible partner. First real ping on that was that post I made a few hours ago comparing the difference with how Hally defends me from Mac but not 1612. When both seem to be thinking I'm most likely scum.

That might be a bit tinfoily though. But the thought did cross my mind.

I won't vote 1612 today though, as I still have a gut/tone TR on them.
Image Image
Hally
alien shapeshifter
Posts in topic: 250
Preferred Pronouns: they/them

Post by Hally »

long cons claim is bullshit, hes not a cop

if he was a cop he would have claimed several hours ago when he saw he had 5 votes not said “im not reading bye have fun”

that is not someone who has a claim. he literally just made it up. think please
ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image ImageImage
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Long Con wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:18 am I'm not even catching up on the last two pages. Good luck guys.
this person is not a cop. no cop looks at the vote count, sees they have five votes and posts this instead of claiming

long con is outed mafia
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

[mention]NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME[/mention] [mention]MacDougall[/mention] [mention]tedxtr[/mention] get your votes off me jesus christ. lc is not cop
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I am a cop. I was hoping to not have to claim.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Hally wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:44 pm
this person is not a cop. no cop looks at the vote count, sees they have five votes and posts this instead of claiming

long con is outed mafia
There was plenty of time then for things to change on their own in the thread.

Seems like as good a game as any to kill someone very likely a cop why not
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:48 pm Seems like as good a game as any to kill someone very likely a cop why not
:shrug: Why not indeed?

Return to “Previous Rackets”