Posts in topic: 190

Re: Radiohead Mafia [DAY 4]

Post by DrWilgy »

Good morning.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)

Post by DrWilgy »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:02 am
DrWilgy wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:07 pm TSP is our doc right?
Wait Wilgy actually posted already and said this, voted Herm and bailed without claiming his result?

What kinda shit lol.

The mafia is probs just Wilgy and Herm I guess.
Yeah, went back to studying after posting. Was wanting to wait to see if anyone blunders a lie on my watch, but realized the way sloonei worded it to me makes it pretty useless unless I'm small brain. Will catch up and post.
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:52 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:17 pm not that it matters at this point but i also have information that 100% confirms herm being scum, it's not up for debate at this point
This kinda bothers me because you said you can't infoclaim or roleclaim and I know for a fact I can't infoclaim to this degree. Why are you claiming all of a sudden?
*concern*
Image Image Image
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 372

Post by Dyslexicon »

Spf for last scum. I ship it.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:57 am tl;dr

Mafia probably can't afford to kill town Alison. If Alison is town this game never gets to lylo either. We have enough days for her to eventually have checks on every living player (plus we have trackers and whatever else). The mafia forger is dead and they probably won't have a godfather. The only way this game ever gets to lylo is if Alison is mafia.

This game is literally over if we play it out this way.

World 1 - Alison is town and the mafia cap her tonight. We have 3 clears. We can't lose this game with 3 clears.
World 2 - Alison is town and the mafia don't kill her because they don't want to clear her clears. She gets another check every single night until they solve her.
World 3 - Alison is mafia. It will become very evident in time if we are in this world.
I agree with this but am held up at the following. "Why didn't Alison check me?"
Image Image Image
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 554
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Good morning. I just read the catchup and there are a couple of things I don't understand, but I need to eat breakfast and work has already called so I need to see what that's about. I didn't read anything that changed my vote for Herm. In case I didn't say last night, I did use my protect on MR as assigned so unless I was blocked the only thing that could get through was the kill.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
TonyStarkPrime
Posts in topic: 151
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:26 am We have three living green checks from Alison.

She is not a protective.

She is alive day 4.

The only world we lose to is a world in which she is mafia.

Just saying ... We shouldn't discount out of hand infoyeeting her today. I'm a bit wobbly about her alignment right now I'm ngl. It's not like we can't just turbo Herm tomorrow to get back to status quo. Yeeting her and flipping her green today hard confirms three players to every other town. At this point the mafia might not even really be able to justify flipping her for that very reason.

Just saying we should discuss this.
The discussion: no

FWIW I agree with the logic and some investigative work on Alison is in order but it all checks out for now. We can wait on it. We don’t need to start looking at absurd possibilities
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Ok [mention]tutuu[/mention] help me understand your point on dya. They say they checked Herm and he visited MR. Why does Herms role, Mafia RC or RB, determine whether they are mafia or not? Explain it to me like I'm five please! Maybe I just wasn't awake enough when I read it. And did someone say we know Herm is not 3P for some reason?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

If tutuu's not around and someone else can explain it to me that would be fine.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Herm
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 309
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Herm »

Good Morning Mr Magpie
Herm
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Herm »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:40 am
MacDougall wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:26 am We have three living green checks from Alison.

She is not a protective.

She is alive day 4.

The only world we lose to is a world in which she is mafia.

Just saying ... We shouldn't discount out of hand infoyeeting her today. I'm a bit wobbly about her alignment right now I'm ngl. It's not like we can't just turbo Herm tomorrow to get back to status quo. Yeeting her and flipping her green today hard confirms three players to every other town. At this point the mafia might not even really be able to justify flipping her for that very reason.

Just saying we should discuss this.
The discussion: no

FWIW I agree with the logic and some investigative work on Alison is in order but it all checks out for now. We can wait on it. We don’t need to start looking at absurd possibilities
MacDougall suggesting we get rid of the Town Cop just so we can clear the people she's cleared is super fishy.

This guy reeks of being 3P with that logic.
Herm
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Herm »

Unless Alison is the Role Cop.
Herm
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Herm »

I'm gonna catch up.
Herm
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Herm »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:38 am Herm silently votes for DrWilgy lol
I wish my single vote killed lol.
Herm
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Herm »

Poison Chan wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:46 am
Herm wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:09 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:07 pm i will bet the game on herm being scum. he's not town and he's getting chopped today
Someone bet against her!
I would have, but then I'll be repeating g9!
Someone be the devils advocate and place your bet. I'm being weirdly vindicated.
Herm
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Herm »

Alison wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:15 pm
Herm wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:14 pm
Alison wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:11 pm I should have realized this before now - I'm so sorry to the rest of you for not making the simple step of checking my own role PM when Herm made their claim. That was an inexcusable error on my part - but now I have realized it and we have both a track on Herm to the nightkill as well as proof that they lied about their role.

Herm goes today.
If only I could make something like this up as my role lol.
you were tracked to the nightkill

i was not notified when you checked my album, which means you lied about your role
Maybe another town person from the same album was notified instead?

My role says a random town person will be notified if there's no scum on the album.
Oddmerta
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 393

Post by Oddmerta »

I'm not convinced on Herm, I was the one who told them to check King of Limbs and then Radishes who was from King of Limbs died. Did Radishes ever claim his song?
tutuu
Posts in topic: 964

Post by tutuu »

juliets wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:02 am Ok @tutuu help me understand your point on dya. They say they checked Herm and he visited MR. Why does Herms role, Mafia RC or RB, determine whether they are mafia or not? Explain it to me like I'm five please! Maybe I just wasn't awake enough when I read it. And did someone say we know Herm is not 3P for some reason?
If herm is mafia roleblocker there would be 2 mysteries: why did herm roleblock and kill MR and not just kill, and how was i roleblocked if not by the mafia roleblocker
Oddmerta
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Oddmerta »

Herm wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:27 am
Alison wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:15 pm
Herm wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:14 pm
Alison wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:11 pm I should have realized this before now - I'm so sorry to the rest of you for not making the simple step of checking my own role PM when Herm made their claim. That was an inexcusable error on my part - but now I have realized it and we have both a track on Herm to the nightkill as well as proof that they lied about their role.

Herm goes today.
If only I could make something like this up as my role lol.
you were tracked to the nightkill

i was not notified when you checked my album, which means you lied about your role
Maybe another town person from the same album was notified instead?

My role says a random town person will be notified if there's no scum on the album.
If you are real then Radishes might have been the one to recieve that notification
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Oddmerta wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:28 am I'm not convinced on Herm, I was the one who told them to check King of Limbs and then Radishes who was from King of Limbs died. Did Radishes ever claim his song?
I don't think he did Oddmerta. So how does Herm's role work then? He checked albums before and no one died from his check.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Oddmerta
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Oddmerta »

There's a song on King of Limbs that I wanted checked for reasons I can't reveal but Herm is saying no scum on the album
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

tutuu wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:28 am
juliets wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:02 am Ok @tutuu help me understand your point on dya. They say they checked Herm and he visited MR. Why does Herms role, Mafia RC or RB, determine whether they are mafia or not? Explain it to me like I'm five please! Maybe I just wasn't awake enough when I read it. And did someone say we know Herm is not 3P for some reason?
If herm is mafia roleblocker there would be 2 mysteries: why did herm roleblock and kill MR and not just kill, and how was i roleblocked if not by the mafia roleblocker
Ok thanks tutuu, I see the reasoning.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Oddmerta
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Oddmerta »

juliets wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:29 am
Oddmerta wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:28 am I'm not convinced on Herm, I was the one who told them to check King of Limbs and then Radishes who was from King of Limbs died. Did Radishes ever claim his song?
I don't think he did Oddmerta. So how does Herm's role work then? He checked albums before and no one died from his check.
There's no way to tell at this point, there's Herm's story, Dyachei's results and the gamestate. That's all we got
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Oddmerta wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:34 am
There's no way to tell at this point, there's Herm's story, Dyachei's results and the gamestate. That's all we got
Ok.

[mention]Herm[/mention] to check an album do you just turn in the album name to the host? My apologies if this was already clarified.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Herm
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Herm »

Herm wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:18 pm My album is also The King of Limbs, so I assume me and Rasishes are the only ones with that album, which probably explains why I was seen visiting.

So once I'm miseliminated, just continue the game with that info in mind.
Oh lol, sorry about that typo Radish.
Oddmerta
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Oddmerta »

Herm wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:01 am
Herm wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:18 pm My album is also The King of Limbs, so I assume me and Rasishes are the only ones with that album, which probably explains why I was seen visiting.

So once I'm miseliminated, just continue the game with that info in mind.
Oh lol, sorry about that typo Radish.
What is your song?
Oddmerta
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Oddmerta »

Hang on don't answer that
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 1047
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Alison »

I'm caught up. Nothing to say, and I think talking more might actually hurt the gamestate at this point by making it even more confusing to follow. Just mentioning this so people know where I'm at. My vote is staying on Herm.
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 1047
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Alison »

Also this is why I dislike mechanics heavy games, it's a lose-lose for me from here. If I lose, well, I lose. If I win then half the work was completely out of my hands and nothing to do with me at all, just getting carried by Tracker GOATs.
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
Herm
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Herm »

Alison wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:14 am
Samusamu wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:13 am
Alison wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:01 am
Samusamu wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:58 am I have something!!

Till the moment and waiting for slooney to check what i can say.

Vote: herm

Dunno how u guys do the blue thing in votes.
oooh exciting
Did herm said where he has gone this night?
not yet. what makes you ask?
I checked The King of Limbs Album last night.
Herm
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Herm »

Oddmerta wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:13 am Hang on don't answer that
Aalright, np.
Oddmerta
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Oddmerta »

Herm wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:38 pm To start off, my role sounds a bit similar to Poison's role, but I assume it's not entirely the same.

I'm some kind of Song Cop.

I scan albums each night, looking for roles.

N1 I scanned the Amnesiac Album, but I didn't get any results. I'm supposed to get results if there's any scum roles on this album. If town is on this album they should be notified of my search. Not sure how this works tbh.

N2 I scanned Kid A. No results this time either. So I assume there's no scum on this album.

My role also has this Day 1 thing tailored to it, that if I don't have any votes at EOD of D1, then I'm bp for N1.

I was successful, but I think I was too scummy to be targeted N1 lol.
Ok so Herm is town, I know it. We need to get rid of Dyachei for faking tracker results
Herm
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Herm »

juliets wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:38 am
Ok.

@Herm to check an album do you just turn in the album name to the host? My apologies if this was already clarified.
Each night I check an album. So yes, I pick an album to investigate and send it to the host.
Herm
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Herm »

Oddmerta wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:20 am
Herm wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:38 pm To start off, my role sounds a bit similar to Poison's role, but I assume it's not entirely the same.

I'm some kind of Song Cop.

I scan albums each night, looking for roles.

N1 I scanned the Amnesiac Album, but I didn't get any results. I'm supposed to get results if there's any scum roles on this album. If town is on this album they should be notified of my search. Not sure how this works tbh.

N2 I scanned Kid A. No results this time either. So I assume there's no scum on this album.

My role also has this Day 1 thing tailored to it, that if I don't have any votes at EOD of D1, then I'm bp for N1.

I was successful, but I think I was too scummy to be targeted N1 lol.
Ok so Herm is town, I know it. We need to get rid of Dyachei for faking tracker results
I investigated The King of Limbs last night, and Radishes was part of that album, so I wouldn't necessarily say he faked results.

I didn't know I actually visited though lol.
Oddmerta
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Oddmerta »

Herm wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:22 am
juliets wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:38 am
And a townie from that album gets notified of the search
Ok.

@Herm to check an album do you just turn in the album name to the host? My apologies if this was already clarified.
Each night I check an album. So yes, I pick an album to investigate and send it to the host.
Oddmerta
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Oddmerta »

And a townie from that album gets notified of tbe search
Oddmerta
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Oddmerta »

Best to start thinking of a world where Herm is town amd dyachei is scum
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Oddmerta wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:25 am And a townie from that album gets notified of tbe search
The thing that confuses me is why no townies have been notified of the first two searches. Didn't LC say he had not been notified yet is one of the albums?

Anyway, I'm off to workout and try to clear my mind.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Herm
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Herm »

Yes, but it is randomized. So only one townie on an album gets notified of the search.
Oddmerta
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Oddmerta »

juliets wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:27 am
Oddmerta wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:25 am And a townie from that album gets notified of tbe search
The thing that confuses me is why no townies have been notified of the first two searches. Didn't LC say he had not been notified yet is one of the albums?

Anyway, I'm off to workout and try to clear my mind.
Maybe a townie did get notified but didn't understand what it meant until now
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Herm wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:28 am Yes, but it is randomized. So only one townie on an album gets notified of the search.
Lol.

I commend you trying, but like no. =p
Herm
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Herm »

Night One, I checked Amnesiac and Night Two, I checked Kid A.

A townie from each album should've been notified.
Oddmerta
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Oddmerta »

Dyslexicon wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:30 am
Herm wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:28 am Yes, but it is randomized. So only one townie on an album gets notified of the search.
Lol.

I commend you trying, but like no. =p
I think he is telling the truth
Herm
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Herm »

Kid A could've been Hally.

But someone from the Amnesiac Album should've been notified.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Oddmerta wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:31 amI think he is telling the truth
I'll wait and see. :llama:
Oddmerta
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Oddmerta »

Herm wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:31 am Kid A could've been Hally.

Remember when I asked you to check King of Limbs and then it turns out you are from King of Limbs
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Why would anyone be notified, but like only one randomized person? What good does that do? Just to make night actions even harder to resolve?

That is a clear nope from me.
Herm
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Herm »

Oddmerta wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:33 am

Remember when I asked you to check King of Limbs and then it turns out you are from King of Limbs
I was gonna save it for last for that very reason, but went group decision lol.

And yes, I do. We know it's clear though.
Oddmerta
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Oddmerta »

Herm wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:35 am

Can you guess why I asked you to check King of Limbs?
Herm
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Herm »

Oddmerta wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:37 am
Herm wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:35 am

Can you guess why I asked you to check King of Limbs?
Lol.

Return to “Previous Jobs”