A Moon Shaped Pool
8%

Total votes: 39
Timsup2nothin
Veteran of 1000 Psychic Wars
Posts in topic: 799

Re: Radiohead Mafia [DAY 3]

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Oddmerta wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:52 am I haven't tested Sloonei's patience, maybe you guys have but I'm good
Yeah he posted a "angleshooting or hinting or blah blah blag from those who cannot claim will result in compensation to the other side." There was some speculation that that has something to do with Hally dying despite being doctored AND jailkept.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage
noted "I can't be fucking bothered" aficionado who dual wields the sword of contrarianism in one hand and a hot cheetos family bag in the other
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

So...interesting idea...since Hally was jailkept and that delays her results to the next night, when Radishes picks up her power will he get her results?
ImageImageImageImage
noted "I can't be fucking bothered" aficionado who dual wields the sword of contrarianism in one hand and a hot cheetos family bag in the other
Oddmerta
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 393

Post by Oddmerta »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:55 am
Oddmerta wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:52 am I haven't tested Sloonei's patience, maybe you guys have but I'm good
Yeah he posted a "angleshooting or hinting or blah blah blag from those who cannot claim will result in compensation to the other side." There was some speculation that that has something to do with Hally dying despite being doctored AND jailkept.
Speculated by you
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 1518

Post by MacDougall »

ISO concluded on Dyslexicon and Samu says Dyslexicon is the far better person to kill today.
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Oddmerta wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:03 am
Speculated by you
There were a few...I actually suggested NOT to speculate about consequences in case there were consequences to that.
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

In the spirit of continuing to test his patience I'm going to assume this is correct and play like the mafia/rogue don't have strong ninja abilities lol.
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:05 am ISO concluded on Dyslexicon and Samu says Dyslexicon is the far better person to kill today.
I thought the same. I'm thinking we tie the wagons with me on Dizzy and that should demonstrate my double vote since Ted targeted Nanook and Nanook didn't get anything extra anyway.
ImageImageImageImage
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Or we could make it exciting and thunderdome me and Dizzy into a tie with my self pres demonstrating my double vote.
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:07 am
MacDougall wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:05 am ISO concluded on Dyslexicon and Samu says Dyslexicon is the far better person to kill today.
I thought the same. I'm thinking we tie the wagons with me on Dizzy and that should demonstrate my double vote since Ted targeted Nanook and Nanook didn't get anything extra anyway.
Not that I am really suspect on your right now but I don't think you're lying about your doublevote even if you aren't town so proving it doesn't do a great deal to change your standing imo.
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 151
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Too many posts
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:28 am Too many posts
Yeah but phase 2 of this game when the spammers are gone will require you and your kind to become the leaders we once were. I hope you'll be ready when the time comes.
tutuu
Posts in topic: 964

Post by tutuu »

The point of mafia is to have social fun imo, if ur having fun socializing - post your heart out!

Altho its fair if you are on a different wavelength and you dont like so much hyperactivity - u are valid too, but its also valid to like being outgoing!
tutuu
Posts in topic: 964

Post by tutuu »

I just wanted to say this not just @ u tony, it was just building up inside me cuz multiple ppl keep saying we should post less and i started to feel guilty every time i make a post and i didnt wanna associate my enthusiasm with guilt, thats all!
TonyStarkPrime
Posts in topic: 151
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

I, to be clear, have no problem with people posting a lot. Unless I’m waking up and seeing 500 posts since the last time I fell asleep. Then I just groan a bit.
Oddmerta
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Oddmerta »

Is it going to be 48 hour days for the whole game?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Yes
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 554
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

tutuu wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:58 am
MacDougall wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:48 am Okay so Wilgy got a track result that had JPIC into Tutuu.

Firstly, this profiles because Tutuu was in the three person group that I made JPIC "target". The mafia knew they wouldn't have to contend with Hally because they killed her (I think, there is a small chance it was the rogue that actually killed Hally) though but let's for argument's sake ignore that. If Wilgy was roleblocked he'd know. JPIC wasn't jailed because he died to TSP's vig shot.

1. There is a chance that he was busdriven (or some other shifty role like that) and actually saw someone elses target on Tutuu, not JPIC's. Someone said they believe there is a bus driver in this game and I had a similar thought. It seems unlikely because the bus driver in this game is likely to be a mafia role and Wilgy would be an unusual person to target. Low chance.
2. There is a chance that JPIC actually carried the kill to Tutuu and has post capped someone else or holstered. Tutuu may have been saved by a preventative that hasn't claimed yet, or perhaps she is the rogue and hasn't disclosed that she has self protection. I would be surprised if either of these was the case. Low chance.
3. DrWilgy is lying about his claim. He like Sprityo just bailed when he got put under pressure and hasn't got the wim to deal with this inevitable defeat. Medium chance. If this is the case the last mafia is also probably just over it by now too.

I'm sort of drawing blanks on any other theories tbh.
2 is impossible since juliets confirmed me as non-3p town, remember?

@juliets ur role is civilian vs non-civilian, and potential 3p is included in non-civilian right? can u ask for clarification if u arent 100% sure?
tutuu it is specifically non-civilian but I will double check with Sloonei to make sure.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat
Posts in topic: 337
Preferred Pronouns: They/them

Post by dyachei »

tedxtr wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:36 am @dyachei if you saw me go to Nanook then quote this post and reply with "Yes, you're locked town or 3p, I should've trusted myself and not listen to the Mactriarchy"

italics aren't mandatory, it's just to piss Mac off because he's terrible at reading me.
[mention]MacDougall[/mention]

I tracked Ted to nanook
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

tutuu wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:57 pm so u tracked jpic last night to me?

but im not post capped

so wut now. i guess someone roleblocked jpic and isnt spilling the beans?

i guess jpic wanted to just visit me for the sake of visiting me and claim a red peek on me lmfao

Okay, I'm gonna need some help here [mention]DrWilgy[/mention].

Because this post from Tutuu makes no sense. Love playing with Tutuu; the enthusiasm and the just blurting stuff out as she thinks about it is so transparent and easy to follow. But here she is obviously running ahead of herself. I've only been playing a few months, mostly in games that are 'light roles,' and I took one look at this and said "nah, whatever happened it ain't that."

You said "indeed."

A town person looks at that and says "I know I tracked him...WTF??? A town person digs in there and tries to sort out what the heck is happening, because it SURELY is not JPIC going to visit.

It's not even my track and I wanted to figure it out. I wanted to figure it out so bad that I was PMing Sloonei with questions about order of resolutions.

I asked everyone who could talk to me about where the vig might land in between a track and JPIC postcapping Tutuu. I went crazy trying to figure it out.

You said "indeed."

That is what a wolf says when their role claim has blown up in their face.

The wolf doesn't want to open the can of worms. The claim has a flaw. The more you pick at it the worse it's gonna get. Tutuu has an answer she is satisfied with. It is GLARINGLY wrong, but shit, what can you do? You start trying to explain how wrong she is and you gotta talk about the right answer, and y'know what...the claim is FAKE and there might not be a right answer.

So, okay. Let Tutuu think whatever and just try to move on.

Mac had already bought it at a glance. Maybe no one really digs into it.
But I dug in. Like I said, I dug so far in I had to PM Sloonei and ask about it.
DrWilgy wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:46 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:40 pm So Wilgy you are claiming tracker?
Weird tracker.

I get different results depending on conditions that happen during the day

If I voted on a scum that flips I get a proper track (to which I used n2 on JPIC)

If I don't I get to be a watcher of a random target. N1 Ted was targeted by 1 person.
It's a good fake. Tracker/watcher. Super valuable so we want to believe it. Complicated with the dual functions and the qualifiers. Good stuff.

Got the results thrown in there without any hesitation. Didn't even have to be asked. Smooth presentation.

But, yeah, that tracker result. For JPIC visiting Tutuu would have been an instant out.

JPIC says "Did what you told me, got a green check on Tutuu" and Tutuu says "Hey I'm postcapped." Whatever the plan was it did NOT involve JPIC visiting Tutuu. This track makes no sense.

And this watcher result. It fits. I did visit Ted. Ted, your "random assigned watcher target." There were 21 players you could have been randomly targeted on. How many of those was the information already available on for what you would see? Three? Four? How many of those have been discussed at length so you couldn't just pipe up now and say "oh I was watching?" All but one I wager. Out of 21 you randomly draw the only one you could know without having really been there. Bad luck man. A watcher that got the town ZERO new information.

Did you say "we need to check who did what I think this clears me"? No. You already knew, actually hoped I think, that "one person visited Ted" was a good check. Might be just hoping that no one comes in that hadn't claimed and says they also visited Ted. Got good luck there so far.

But this claim is still crap.
So, [mention]MacDougall[/mention] here's my problem. I respect your long term plan, it is gonna win eventually. I respect your plan for N3 based on the claims we have to work with. But I cannot follow it. I cannot make myself buy into this tracker/watcher thing from DrWilgy. The claim is crap. His response to an absurd comment about the flaw in the claim was "Indeed." That's a wolf.

That is just a wolf.

I'm not gonna fight you or your plan. I have a double vote and I'll just park it. If someone can explain to me how town Wilgy says "Indeed" to that post, or shows me how his claim is better than it seems to me, fine. If everyone wants to just follow the plan and leave me on some off kilter vanity wagon, fine. All that is okay and in the end we win. But I gotta vote for him right now, because he is a wolf right now.
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Re: Radiohead Mafia [DAY 1]

Post by MacDougall »

Poison Chan wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:06 am Odd has normal NAI fluffs early on and he asks a few questions here and there. he has been mostly on tim, and was continuously asking about tim to others, nothing wrong with it but I think he is a very experienced player and I have seen him doing more than that. what i find odd about odd is how his suss on tim kinda vanished in between and in a post asked by samu he said he'd investigate spf, kill JPIC, and protect hally. no mentions of tim. he threw a a few little reads in between but idk i cannot like them even if i try. i don't really like their progression tbh, idk if it's tonally or if their content is not something which meets my expectations yet, cause i have seen him being great and playing great as town. but tbh I don't see any post from them which can't be made by a scum.

I would have null read this slot, but I also don't like how they are getting cleared by others when they aren't that towny. might be astupid way to look at stuff but this just doesn't fit well with me atm.

I scum lean this slot.
Just reading back through Oddmerta and was like "its weird how he is so hardcore obsesssed with Tim out the gate but then when asked who he'd FMK he chose to kill JPIC who he'd not made a single mention of until that point and didn't even mention Tim at all. Then I see that PC made this read.

[mention]Poison Chan[/mention] current status of your Oddmerta read?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:18 am

but im not post capped

i guess jpic wanted to just visit me for the sake of visiting me and claim a red peek on me lmfao

Okay, I'm gonna need some help here @DrWilgy.

Because this post from Tutuu makes no sense. Love playing with Tutuu; the enthusiasm and the just blurting stuff out as she thinks about it is so transparent and easy to follow. But here she is obviously running ahead of herself. I've only been playing a few months, mostly in games that are 'light roles,' and I took one look at this and said "nah, whatever happened it ain't that."

You said "indeed."

A town person looks at that and says "I know I tracked him...WTF??? A town person digs in there and tries to sort out what the heck is happening, because it SURELY is not JPIC going to visit.

It's not even my track and I wanted to figure it out. I wanted to figure it out so bad that I was PMing Sloonei with questions about order of resolutions.

I asked everyone who could talk to me about where the vig might land in between a track and JPIC postcapping Tutuu. I went crazy trying to figure it out.

You said "indeed."

That is what a wolf says when their role claim has blown up in their face.

The wolf doesn't want to open the can of worms. The claim has a flaw. The more you pick at it the worse it's gonna get. Tutuu has an answer she is satisfied with. It is GLARINGLY wrong, but shit, what can you do? You start trying to explain how wrong she is and you gotta talk about the right answer, and y'know what...the claim is FAKE and there might not be a right answer.

So, okay. Let Tutuu think whatever and just try to move on.

Mac had already bought it at a glance. Maybe no one really digs into it.
But I dug in. Like I said, I dug so far in I had to PM Sloonei and ask about it.
DrWilgy wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:46 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:40 pm So Wilgy you are claiming tracker?
Weird tracker.

I get different results depending on conditions that happen during the day

If I voted on a scum that flips I get a proper track (to which I used n2 on JPIC)

If I don't I get to be a watcher of a random target. N1 Ted was targeted by 1 person.
It's a good fake. Tracker/watcher. Super valuable so we want to believe it. Complicated with the dual functions and the qualifiers. Good stuff.

Got the results thrown in there without any hesitation. Didn't even have to be asked. Smooth presentation.

But, yeah, that tracker result. For JPIC visiting Tutuu would have been an instant out.

JPIC says "Did what you told me, got a green check on Tutuu" and Tutuu says "Hey I'm postcapped." Whatever the plan was it did NOT involve JPIC visiting Tutuu. This track makes no sense.

And this watcher result. It fits. I did visit Ted. Ted, your "random assigned watcher target." There were 21 players you could have been randomly targeted on. How many of those was the information already available on for what you would see? Three? Four? How many of those have been discussed at length so you couldn't just pipe up now and say "oh I was watching?" All but one I wager. Out of 21 you randomly draw the only one you could know without having really been there. Bad luck man. A watcher that got the town ZERO new information.

Did you say "we need to check who did what I think this clears me"? No. You already knew, actually hoped I think, that "one person visited Ted" was a good check. Might be just hoping that no one comes in that hadn't claimed and says they also visited Ted. Got good luck there so far.

But this claim is still crap.
So, @MacDougall here's my problem. I respect your long term plan, it is gonna win eventually. I respect your plan for N3 based on the claims we have to work with. But I cannot follow it. I cannot make myself buy into this tracker/watcher thing from DrWilgy. The claim is crap. His response to an absurd comment about the flaw in the claim was "Indeed." That's a wolf.

That is just a wolf.

I'm not gonna fight you or your plan. I have a double vote and I'll just park it. If someone can explain to me how town Wilgy says "Indeed" to that post, or shows me how his claim is better than it seems to me, fine. If everyone wants to just follow the plan and leave me on some off kilter vanity wagon, fine. All that is okay and in the end we win. But I gotta vote for him right now, because he is a wolf right now.
I think it's fine for Wilgy's first reaction to be "indeed" if all he was referring was Tutuu postulating that JPIC targeted her with a plan to fake a red check on her.

Wilgy will self resolve and/or get chopped. He's no threat. We're using the thread chop like cop, but one that kills people. We need to flip people we have no mech way to solve. Dyslexicon and Samu.
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

You are a tracker. You track a post capper to someone. They say "but I'm not post capped."

As town, you know you made that track.

And that doesn't make you blink?

C'mon.
ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 265
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

tutuu wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:23 am @Long Con how is your role worded, as vaguely and paraphrasingly as possible?
Does it make it so votes against u and by u target are worth 0 votes?

Can u check ted's claim and tell us how does ur role interact with his, if both of u happened to target each other?
Where's Ted's claim? This thread has a nasty habit of acquiring 10 extra pages overnight, and I tend to skip most of them.

My original claim post is practically verbatim.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:34 am LC does the recipient of your action not receive a notification that they can't vote on you?
I don't know, I haven't used it yet. I think the utility increases dramatically at endgame, while being kind of useless for the first 3/4 of the game.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Just isoing Wilgy and I really can't imagine this is his mafia game honestly. And there are instances of Nutella engaging with him in a way that makes me think he's just town. The kicker is coming out at the start of day 2 and voting on me and Sprityo, pushing a ridiculous line on me but leaving his vote on Sprityo the whole time and making no effort whatsoever to actually push his read on me or affect the gamestate in any significant way. I have way too much respect for Wilgy's mafia game to think I am looking at that here.

That plus his day 1 was actually anti-aligned with Sprityo and Nutella too.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:26 am You are a tracker. You track a post capper to someone. They say "but I'm not post capped."

As town, you know you made that track.

And that doesn't make you blink?

C'mon.
Nobody accused Wilgy of giving that much of a fuck right now. Indeed also means "yeah whatever you just said" to me lol.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I have played with mafia Wilgy very recently (Pyre) and got trounced by mafia Wilgy not long before that. I have also played a lot with the dude for a long long time. He is one of the cleverest mafia players I've ever played with. This give no fucks model is "get's misyeeted as town cuz he hates towning when there are people posting too much" Wilgy.
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Long Con wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:27 am
tutuu wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:23 am @Long Con how is your role worded, as vaguely and paraphrasingly as possible?
Does it make it so votes against u and by u target are worth 0 votes?

Can u check ted's claim and tell us how does ur role interact with his, if both of u happened to target each other?
Where's Ted's claim? This thread has a nasty habit of acquiring 10 extra pages overnight, and I tend to skip most of them.

My original claim post is practically verbatim.
tedxtr wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:16 am
MacDougall wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:13 am Tedxtr can you explain your role one more time and also your n1 and n2 actions please?
I choose someone. Any votes cast by and against my target are worth exactly 1, so I get rid of vote manipulation on that person.

N1 tim which I’ve softed pretty obviously

N2 Nanook because I thought you’d let jpic live and I assumed we wouldn’t be yeeting them either way
[mention]LongCon[/mention]
ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Right, I don't think that Ted's role and mine would interact meaningfully at all.
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 1047
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Alison »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:14 am Draft 1 of the plan;

Alison just puts the cop on whoever she wants. We don't ask her to out it she can just do whatever.
TSP doctors Radishes.
Tutuu (btw can you self target?) chooses to save between Alison, Mac, SPF at her discretion (unless someone asks to not have their action delayed for their own reasons)
Radishes watches between TSP and Tutuu at his discretion (wink wink nudge nudge)
Sadly I can't out my role but I'm happy to be delayed/blocked by a JK etc. it's not that good a role
Juliets puts her protection onto Radishes so that he doesn't get his role buffed
Any protectives that exist that can't claim save between PC, Nanook, Mac, Dyachei
Dyachei just track whoever you think is most likely to carry. Likewise Wilgy (if we actually do get a pelt today).
LC target Radishes if your recipient does indeed get notified because it'll work if Juliets is covering him and won't if she's not.
Nanook target the towniest person that doesn't have cover so you have the best chance to get your double vote.
Tedxtr target Nanook.

Anyone has any better ideas shout at me.
I'm a straight alignment cop. Can I get protection priority!
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

DrWilgy wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:59 pm

but im not post capped

Likely.
Tim he didn't say indeed, he said likely fwiw.

Anyway he's in the POE and if other people wanna have the gavel today and decide on Wilgy over going for people who haven't claimed I'm not gonna fight it too much.

It's a bit weird how much you fought to keep Nutella and JPIC alive because they'd claimed and we could auto resolve them but you're pushing on him. JPIC for instance was far far far more likely mafia than Wilgy is here, with a way worse claim and way worse play. Yet here you're wanting to chop him for not thinking hard enough (in a game in which he's admittedly and demonstrably lost the plot entirely) and with JPIC you just wanted to go with an auto resolve plan.

Why?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Alison wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:49 am
MacDougall wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:14 am Draft 1 of the plan;

Alison just puts the cop on whoever she wants. We don't ask her to out it she can just do whatever.
TSP doctors Radishes.
Tutuu (btw can you self target?) chooses to save between Alison, Mac, SPF at her discretion (unless someone asks to not have their action delayed for their own reasons)
Radishes watches between TSP and Tutuu at his discretion (wink wink nudge nudge)
Sadly I can't out my role but I'm happy to be delayed/blocked by a JK etc. it's not that good a role
Juliets puts her protection onto Radishes so that he doesn't get his role buffed
Any protectives that exist that can't claim save between PC, Nanook, Mac, Dyachei
Dyachei just track whoever you think is most likely to carry. Likewise Wilgy (if we actually do get a pelt today).
LC target Radishes if your recipient does indeed get notified because it'll work if Juliets is covering him and won't if she's not.
Nanook target the towniest person that doesn't have cover so you have the best chance to get your double vote.
Tedxtr target Nanook.

Anyone has any better ideas shout at me.
I'm a straight alignment cop. Can I get protection priority!
Tutuu is going to randomly choose between the three of us which will mean the mafia won't be able to shoot into any of us without potentially hitting a save (and they really need kills). Tutuu will also use her intuition about which way they will fire and make the right choice I am sure. This plan probably saves all three of us. I think it's fine? If they fire at you anyway and Tutuu chooses wrong then there's a huge chance that we just dig out the mafia with all the other actions and your death (while miniscule in possibility) is worthwhile. To top it off if you do die, that means Radishes lives and gets his watch off and also gets to use your cop after you die.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Like basically this whole plan sort of forces the mafia to shoot at the doctors first and that's why I've asked Radishes to watch between the doctors.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I've seen similar plans play out many times and it almost always resolves in the kill being put on a doc dodge. The mafia cannot afford to miss and won't make the shot imo.

Before you say "strongman though" the mafia clearly don't have unlimited strong shots because they missed n1. Big chance they just had one strong modifier imo (and chance that Sloonei gave it to them so they could get Hally out who sorta broke the game a bit with info).
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

We could theoretically switch the positions of you and Radishes but tbh I think the watcher role is a bit more functional when it comes to catching mafia. Also I kind of want the watch results sooner than alignment cop results (if Tutuu chooses to jail you that is).
Oddmerta
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Oddmerta »

I want to mechanically clear timsup permanently
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Oddmerta wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:01 am I want to mechanically clear timsup permanently
Well state your case amigo because from where I'm sitting the dude has worked pretty hard for town and lots of people need "permanent mechanical clearance" lol.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Ok [mention]MacDougall[/mention] I agree with your plan. My only real question is why TSP over tutuu but I'm going to assume you have your reasons.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

juliets wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:03 am Ok @MacDougall I agree with your plan. My only real question is why TSP over tutuu but I'm going to assume you have your reasons.
What do you mean why TSP over tutuu?
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:04 am
juliets wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:03 am Ok @MacDougall I agree with your plan. My only real question is why TSP over tutuu but I'm going to assume you have your reasons.
I mean why protect TSP from role block or whatever over tutuu. Tutuu and TSP are both charged with protections.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Look at it this way.

Radish watching the doctors means the mafia can't shoot between them.
Tutuu doctoring between us three means the mafia can't shoot between us (nor can they really even put any PR on us cuz she's a jailkeeper)
TSP just hard out doctoring Radish means the mafia can't shoot him.
Juliets ensures Radishes gets his result.

This probably results in Nook or Juliets dying. Nook's role is meh and Juliets role is aight. They both also have 3p equity.

If you still not convinced fine. Ultimately you can just overrule me and tell people to do whatever lol.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I also don't mean to say other protectives should cover me tbh. I had myself in that group first then moved it. Other protectives don't cover me.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

juliets wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:07 am
MacDougall wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:04 am
I mean why protect TSP from role block or whatever over tutuu. Tutuu and TSP are both charged with protections.
I must be blind I can't see where I said that.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:07 am Look at it this way.

Radish watching the doctors means the mafia can't shoot between them.
Tutuu doctoring between us three means the mafia can't shoot between us (nor can they really even put any PR on us cuz she's a jailkeeper)
TSP just hard out doctoring Radish means the mafia can't shoot him.
Juliets ensures Radishes gets his result.

This probably results in Nook or Juliets dying. Nook's role is meh and Juliets role is aight. They both also have 3p equity.

If you still not convinced fine. Ultimately you can just overrule me and tell people to do whatever lol.
Ok I see now. Tutuu does have protection. I wasn't considering Radishes role heavily enough. I'm fine with the plan.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 87
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

MacDougall wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:57 pm
MacDougall wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:42 am The only question I have is whether JPIC or Sprityo is more scummy
Answer = both.
:clap: Good job mac you’re very good at mafia
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I would put Juliets into "if there are other protectives" list over me.

But honestly if there is any other protectives in the game I pity the mafia, there probably just aren't.
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 1047
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Alison »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:59 am I've seen similar plans play out many times and it almost always resolves in the kill being put on a doc dodge. The mafia cannot afford to miss and won't make the shot imo.
Yeah, this does match up with my experience as well
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

sprityo wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:09 am
MacDougall wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:57 pm
MacDougall wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:42 am The only question I have is whether JPIC or Sprityo is more scummy
Answer = both.
:clap: Good job mac you’re very good at mafia
Oddmerta
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Oddmerta »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:19 am
Poison Chan wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:06 am Odd has normal NAI fluffs early on and he asks a few questions here and there. he has been mostly on tim, and was continuously asking about tim to others, nothing wrong with it but I think he is a very experienced player and I have seen him doing more than that. what i find odd about odd is how his suss on tim kinda vanished in between and in a post asked by samu he said he'd investigate spf, kill JPIC, and protect hally. no mentions of tim. he threw a a few little reads in between but idk i cannot like them even if i try. i don't really like their progression tbh, idk if it's tonally or if their content is not something which meets my expectations yet, cause i have seen him being great and playing great as town. but tbh I don't see any post from them which can't be made by a scum.

I would have null read this slot, but I also don't like how they are getting cleared by others when they aren't that towny. might be astupid way to look at stuff but this just doesn't fit well with me atm.

I scum lean this slot.
Just reading back through Oddmerta and was like "its weird how he is so hardcore obsesssed with Tim out the gate but then when asked who he'd FMK he chose to kill JPIC who he'd not made a single mention of until that point and didn't even mention Tim at all. Then I see that PC made this read.

@Poison Chan current status of your Oddmerta read?
What are you implying here?
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:50 am
DrWilgy wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:59 pm

but im not post capped

Likely.
Tim he didn't say indeed, he said likely fwiw.

Anyway he's in the POE and if other people wanna have the gavel today and decide on Wilgy over going for people who haven't claimed I'm not gonna fight it too much.

It's a bit weird how much you fought to keep Nutella and JPIC alive because they'd claimed and we could auto resolve them but you're pushing on him. JPIC for instance was far far far more likely mafia than Wilgy is here, with a way worse claim and way worse play. Yet here you're wanting to chop him for not thinking hard enough (in a game in which he's admittedly and demonstrably lost the plot entirely) and with JPIC you just wanted to go with an auto resolve plan.

Why?
Partly timing. A lot of people have been saying there is a LOT of town PR, and along comes Wilgy and claims that when he DOESN'T hit his qualifier he gets a watcher. Sure it's randomly targeted, and sure the one time he got it he landed in the one place where we already had the available info, but it's still the most powerful role on our little already overpowered planet.

Partly because I never really agreed that JPICs claim was that awful. I know you are baffled that anyone could have doubted you were town, and that you trumpeted that so hard that no one wanted to say "well, yeah, I can see that maybe," but without that aspect it wasn't so awful. And it was just based on a bad decision by JPIC. "I made a bad decision, bite me" always seems more believable to me than "I tracked someone else doing something crazy." And without question Wilgy is claiming to have tracked JPIC doing something crazy. JPIC got caught by a watcher and made up a claim on the fly that you found ridiculous, but no one has suggested given that he was caught that there was a really brilliant answer to give. So the leap of "made a bad claim, so sure maybe he post caps Tutuu and then fakes a red check might fit a pattern of stupidity. Wilgy's claim relies on JPIC doing something that would be just senseless...not on the spot when caught, but with all night to plan his action.

Partly because I don't see what you see. Wilgy made a throwaway vote on Nutella and got caught with it there. That's not "pushing a partner." JPICs play was slacker awful with a taste of troll. Wilgy isn't trolly, but from a chasing wolves standpoint he's no better.

But mostly because I don't think he needed to think hard there. The glaring contradiction was right there in front of him. No looking back required. No reading required beyond the post right in front of him. Someone who wasn't even playing could look at that post and say "WTF?" A tracker tracked the known postcapper to Tutuu and Tutuu isn't postcapped. Huh. If you just took that post completely out of context and showed it to players they would universally say "lol, what was going on there?"

Now, here's a problem. I said i wouldn't fight you, and now clearly I am. You of course are already in "how dare you, must be a wolf" mode...which is fine, I get that a lot. But I am just answering your questions. My intention was, and remains, to just vote and let it lie.
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”