JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 29
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Amdibals at the Zoo! [END]

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

WE'RE GOIN TO THE ZOO!

The Syndicate Zoo and Aquarium is world-renown for its lovely animal population, diverse array of species, great activities for the kids, and the zaaaaaaaaaniest animal adventures! Make sure to bring the whole family down and spend time with our biggest names from the animal kingdom. Who knows what these crazy critters will do next? Weeeee!!!

Heist. This game is for 15 players. You can role play if you want. Or don't, it's up to you. It's for fun! You still have to actually play though, so a bunch of animal noises don't count!

MOUNTAINOUS

This game has no roles.

None.

Everyone is either a civilian or a mafioso. There are 12 civilians. There are 3 mafia. Characters are irrelevant to alignment.

Cycles:

Days: 48 hours
Nights: 24 hours

Host posts -- Click

Players:

[mention]1612[/mention] / [mention]tedxtr[/mention] - Post history - Gary Gorilla, MAFIA - Survived
[mention]Carotenoid[/mention] - Post history - Jeffrey Giraffe, MAFIA - Survived
[mention]ColinIsCool[/mention] - Post history - Ethel Elephant, CIVILIAN - Killed at endgame
[mention]NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME[/mention] - Post history - Perry Platypus, CIVILIAN - Killed at endgame

Eliminated:

[mention]112[/mention] - Post history - Tori Tortoise, MAFIA - Chopped on Day 1
[mention]nutella[/mention] - Post history - Marion Meerkat, CIVILIAN - Killed on Night 1
[mention]Urist[/mention] - Post history - Zoe Zebra, CIVILIAN - Chopped on Day 2
[mention]Amy[/mention] - Post history - Sharon Shark, CIVILIAN - Killed on Night 2
[mention]TonyStarkPrime[/mention] - Post history - Erma Emu, CIVILIAN - Chopped on Day 3
[mention]tutuu[/mention] - Post history - Rhonda Rhino, CIVILIAN - Killed on Night 3
[mention]TenThousandCalories[/mention] - Post history / [mention]Long Con[/mention] - Post history - Teddy Tarantula, CIVILIAN - Chopped on Day 4
[mention]MacDougall[/mention] - Post history - Olivia Orangutan, CIVILIAN - Killed on Night 4
[mention]Turnip Head[/mention] - Post history / [mention]DrWilgy[/mention] - Post history - Percy Penguin, CIVILIAN - Chopped on Day 5
[mention]protocultures[/mention] - Post history - Peter Panda, CIVILIAN - Killed on Night 5
[mention]Alison[/mention] - Post history - Wendy Wolf, CIVILIAN - Chopped on Day 5

Rules and Guidelines

Spoiler: show
Voting Rules

1.) Votes are changeable with no limitations.
2.) Voting is not obligatory. There is no requirement to vote in any phase whatsoever. There are participation standards though, which I'll cover separately.
3.) The player who has received the most votes at the deadline shall be chopped.
4.) In the event of a tied vote, the chopped player shall be decided among the tied names at random.
5.) A "no chop" option will be included each day phase. This option must lead the tally with no ties to be enacted at any time.

Participation Standard

There is no rigid standard for participation; this will be at the host's discretion. All players are expected to make a sincere effort to contribute to the game thread consistently enough that their content can be fairly judged. Non-participation has an adverse effect upon the balance of the game. If I decide a player is not participating enough to facilitate this balance, that player will be replaced. If a replacement cannot be found, there might be a modkill. With this in mind I reiterate: it's very important that everyone try to participate. At least a couple posts per day/night cycle are a bare minimum.

Other:

1.) Respect all guidelines and rules found in The Syndicate's announcements section. Above all else, treat your fellow players with respect -- this is just a game.
2.) BTSC (behind the scenes chatter) is only permitted in host-designated locations.
3.) No editing or deleting of posts in the game thread.
4.) Dead players should post in the {Dead} Red if they are posting in the game thread. If you do post as a dead player, I insist that you ensure what you say cannot possibly affect the game in any way -- even the most innocuous off-topic things have that potential so please be careful.
5.) Non-Players should similarly post in {Non-Player} Blue if they are posting in the game thread.
6.) Living players wishing to discuss something off-topic should do so in {Off-Topic} Green.
7.) This is the Host Color. I don't actually care if you use it, just don't impersonate me.
8.) If you ever have any questions about the rules, roles, or setup, please ask me in private. You may ask publicly, but I will only answer publicly if I deem it appropriate.

Game Facilitator/Moderator on Duty:

[mention]sabie12[/mention] - Post history

If you are feeling frustrated or otherwise bugged and want to talk about it, sabie12 is here to talk it over with you. She is fully prepared to listen, advise, or just shoot the shit if you have the desire. Send her a PM whenever you like. :)

Polls

Day 1

Day 2

Day 3

Day 4

Day 5

Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Re: Amdibals at the Zoo! [PREGAME]

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sample Civilian Role Card:
You are Lionel Lion. CIVILIAN.

The civilian win condition is simple: chop all of the mafia. The mafia win condition is simple: achieve parity by at least matching the civilian voting power.

NOTE:

I suggested in the sign up thread that I would deactivate mafia day chat. I changed my mind. Mafia can communicate behind the scenes during all phases. I will still be locking night phases, so staff members please be attentive when day ends to try to prevent accidentally posting through locks.

There are no special mechanics of any kind implemented into this game. Some mountainous games don't see a night kill until Night 2 -- that is not the case here. There is no "arson" mechanic. Everything is bare-bones basic. Day phases will have a vote for a chop. Night phases will have a mafia factional kill. The kill is mandatory (failure to submit a kill results in a randomized shot among ALL players to include the mafia themselves).

If at any point you have questions, please direct them to me PRIVATELY. Thanks everyone!
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

"So, Sarah, which animal are you most excited to see?"

"I BANNA SEE THE BONKEYS!!!"

"Oh yes, the monkeys are lovely. Have you ever seen a Lemur?"

"IS DAT A BONKEY? BONKEYS ARE MY FAVOWITE AMDIBAL."

"Well yes, it's kind of like a monkey just very small and cute."

"A WEBUR IS A BABY BONKEY!"

Day 0 begins now and will last ≤24 hours. Please vote in the poll to indicate what end-of-day time frames work best for you. I will try to be accommodating within my own time constraints, but I cannot make promises. This time is primarily meant to allow players to check in, but use it however you want. You may begin posting.

PLEASE REFRAIN FROM DISCUSSING YOUR EOD POLL SELECTION IN THE THREAD.

[mention]112[/mention]
[mention]1612[/mention]
[mention]Alison[/mention]
[mention]Amy[/mention]
[mention]Carotenoid[/mention]
[mention]ColinIsCool[/mention]
[mention]MacDougall[/mention]
[mention]NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME[/mention]
[mention]nutella[/mention]
[mention]protocultures[/mention]
[mention]TenThousandCalories[/mention]
[mention]TonyStarkPrime[/mention]
[mention]Turnip Head[/mention]
[mention]tutuu[/mention]
[mention]Urist[/mention]

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Amy
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 119
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by Amy »

first
hope you're having a good day
Carotenoid
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 150
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/herself

Post by Carotenoid »

ImageImage
Amy
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Amy »

ok see you tomorrow
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 73

Post by nutella »

*Stands up on hind legs to survey the landscape*

Well hello there.

*sniff*

I certainly hope there aren't any dangerous predators round these parts.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

NOTE:

There is no majority chop in this game. All voting will be plurality- and deadline-based.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 126
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

just listened to ok computer. it's decent. not sure what all the hype is about tbh. it's too gloomy and lacks dynamics and all that
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:34 pm NOTE:

There is no majority chop in this game. All voting will be plurality- and deadline-based.
no one will ever make this mistake again
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief
Posts in topic: 1
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/herself/they

Post by sabie12 »

Hey everyone I'll be your friendly neighborhood Moderator on Duty for this game. Mafia can be a super fun game, but I understand sometimes things can be frustrating. If you're feeling frustrated or upset or need someone to talk to please free to PM me anytime! Have fun!
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~
Amy
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Amy »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:35 pm just listened to ok computer. it's decent. not sure what all the hype is about tbh. it's too gloomy and lacks dynamics and all that
one down two to go
TonyStarkPrime

Re: Amdibals at the Zoo! [Day 0]

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

this isn't like the postal service album or licensed to ill or anything I dramatically dislike. It's just. fine.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

kid a / in rainbows / a moon shaped pool are all better than okc imo tbh tbh

httt has some really stellar bits as well
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

this is the wrong game for this topic that ones happening in a few weeks yet
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Carotenoid wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:30 pm Image
my my what a long neck you have
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

mother falcon's full cover album of okc however is absolutely gorgeous
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 27
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

PENGUIN 🐧 POWER
Amy
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Amy »

nutella wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:46 pm mother falcon's full cover album of okc however is absolutely gorgeous
mother falcon has a WHAT

ok i know what i'm doing tonight
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

IT'S SO GOOD it's like full of stunning orchestral and vocal harmonies
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 122

Post by ColinIsCool »

Sup
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:35 pm just listened to ok computer. it's decent. not sure what all the hype is about tbh. it's too gloomy and lacks dynamics and all that
I can see how the album’s reputation can make it possibly underwhelming but I heard it at a really formative age (12 or 13) and still love it today. I was hooked from the first few seconds of “Airbag”, honestly — that guitar line has all the heft of an orchestra without being one. It’s actually one of maybe two or three albums that I put back on immediately after hearing for the first time. Favorite song is “Let Down”
Urist
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 124

Post by Urist »

Probably the best song ever, by the best band ever.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

As an FYI to everyone I have my sister visiting until the end of the week and will be starting a new job (!!!) but don’t know when yet (???) so lazy ass Colin is still on the menu :slick:
Urist
Loan Shark

Post by Urist »

Congrats colin
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 227

Post by MacDougall »

I will be solving this game in a way as though I am reading spec chat.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Urist wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:04 pmCongrats colin
Thank you!
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Colin got a job? That's very scummy.
Urist
Loan Shark

Post by Urist »

If anyone here got a role card saying Pedro Pony, please out yourself so that we can eliminate you immediately.
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 185
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Hi I’m playing

But probably not until day 5+
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

there are two numbers in this game and they're seperated by one digit. don't like that. possible w/w?
Carotenoid
Drug Dealer

Post by Carotenoid »

nutella wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:45 pm
Carotenoid wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:30 pm Image
my my what a long neck you have
ImageImage
Carotenoid
Drug Dealer

Post by Carotenoid »

Urist wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:03 pm If anyone here got a role card saying Pedro Pony, please out yourself so that we can eliminate you immediately.
Why the hate for Pedro Pony?
ImageImage
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:32 pm Colin got a job? That's very scummy.
Don’t worry with my history it won’t last long
Urist
Loan Shark

Post by Urist »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:08 pm there are two numbers in this game and they're seperated by one digit. don't like that. possible w/w?
I'd put the chances at 28/403 or about 6.95%.
Urist
Loan Shark

Post by Urist »

Carotenoid wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:21 pm
Urist wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:03 pm If anyone here got a role card saying Pedro Pony, please out yourself so that we can eliminate you immediately.
Pedro Pony is the worst omg are you kidding
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

We have 112 and 1612. That's concerning.

Don’t worry about it guys they’re 1500 apart
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

I propose that we have some of us be the Early Game try hards that do things like Say Stuff and Produce Content etc

While the rest of me and Joseph meme and say “yes that’s good” or “no that’s bad”
tutuu
Posts in topic: 282

Post by tutuu »

hi i rolled town!

i was worried earlier what would my opener be if i rolled scum. cuz ppl say when im town im obvious. so like, i was already sweating about letting my team down if i randed maf

thankfully i can procrastinate the inevitable. not today. i can repel any scumreads or anything without even trying, i just need to be honest and put my faith that the person on the other end will see im town. feels good. its so polarizing, the difference between playing as town and playing as mafia
tutuu
Posts in topic: 282

Post by tutuu »

oh i forgot

PAWN LELOUCHE IS THE GREATEST MAFIA PLAYER IN THE WHOLE WORLD

also SCREW that guy
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 36

Post by 112 »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:54 pm I propose that we have some of us be the Early Game try hards that do things like Say Stuff and Produce Content etc

While the rest of me and Joseph meme and say “yes that’s good” or “no that’s bad”
yes that's good
Loan Shark

Post by 112 »

As Tori Tortoise, I suggest we take it slow.
protocultures
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 125

Post by protocultures »

just checking in to say hello.
Loan Shark

Post by 112 »

protocultures wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:04 pm just checking in to say hello.
well hay there
Loan Shark

Post by 112 »

EVERYBODY WATCH OUT FOR SNAKE

Urist
Loan Shark

Post by Urist »

way to age yourself ya old fogie
Carotenoid
Drug Dealer

Post by Carotenoid »

112 1612 = 666 ILLUMINATI CONFIRMED
ImageImage
Loan Shark

Post by 112 »

Carotenoid wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:19 pm Image
112 1612 = 666 ILLUMINATI CONFIRMED
2 + 3 = 6?
Carotenoid
Drug Dealer

Post by Carotenoid »

Urist wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:36 pm
Carotenoid wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:21 pm
Pedro Pony is the worst omg are you kidding
It's not that bad!! He's like, a bit whiny but the glasses are cute :p
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Heists”