U-Pick Anything Volume 2 Game Thread (Day 4 )

Moderator: Community Team

Who will it be now?

Poll ended at Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:03 pm

Apogee
No votes
beeboy
No votes
cayvie
8%
DaisyCloud
No votes
DDL
No votes
Justplayingitcool
8%
Long Con
No votes
sabie12
No votes
Sprityo
8%
Non-players
75%

Total votes: 12
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 212
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Re: U-Pick Anything Volume 2 Game Thread (Day 1)

Post by nutella »

Adam_ wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:32 pm what was sloonei's avatar on MU? were they an avocado or something?
paprika
to the spoiler go the victories:
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
iaafr
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 752
Preferred Pronouns: any/especially "big chungus iaafr"

Post by iaafr »

martin feels like a miss to me
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 103
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

If I’m understanding things correctly, Hank will be eliminated in addition to the top two vote recipients in the poll, rather than being one of our two normal eliminations himself?

I’ll most likely need to cast two early self-pres votes.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Urist
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 141

Post by Urist »

did someone say regex :scared:
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

nutella wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:00 am
Adam_ wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:32 pm what was sloonei's avatar on MU? were they an avocado or something?
paprika
Used to be Bill Clinton corkscrew. Now it’s the same as it is here.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Adam_
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 196

Post by Adam_ »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:58 pm These are definitely reads, i do not deny that. What I’m questing is their categorization as “bizarre“ and “anti-consensus”; bizarre because I don’t know why anything would be wrong with them, and anti-consensus because, like, it’s Day 1. We should be penalizing people for differing opinions.

To elaborate on those reads as the time (which is mostly also as they are now, though I’m feeling better about Hyena), my opinions of all three was based solely on their posts about me. I have not had and will not have time to keep up fully with this game, so for most of Day 1 I’ve mostly just played the hermit crab and only poked my head out when I see my name come up. So I suspected hyena based purely on the way they came after me. Likewise, I town read 112 and nutella entirely because of their early thoughts on me. Nutella is almost literally always suspicious of me by default, and I do not feel like her concerns so far have been fabricated. 112, on the other hand, was getting on my case because my “tone” felt off when I was clearly roleplaying Dr Sloonman was at the helm. I don’t think that’s the kind of false read that a mafia 112 pushes on Day 1.

I do not know or care (well, I care, but not as it pertains to the formation of my own initial reads) what the consensus opinion has been on any of these three before or after any of this.
double shroop? it's 12am and everything. dunno

sloonei did you use an avocado avatar on MU
DaisyCloud
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 725
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers/herself

Post by DaisyCloud »

Urist wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:57 pm
jumpluff wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:55 pm beeboy won't get traction, I think, and Xalt is not super likely to go anywhere because Maple is vetoing that and people are sheeping there, so you're effectively on vanity wagons
i was just about to look for some wagons that maple wasn't on and apparently it's all of them wtf
why is maple not voting
she wanted to revaluate. she made several posts about it.
siggy by ThisIsNotAceMarvel

Victories:
+Double Elimination Mafia
Urist
Loan Shark

Post by Urist »

iaafr wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:00 am martin feels like a miss to me
was thinking this as well
Urist
Loan Shark

Post by Urist »

DaisyCloud wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:01 am
Urist wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:57 pm
jumpluff wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:55 pm beeboy won't get traction, I think, and Xalt is not super likely to go anywhere because Maple is vetoing that and people are sheeping there, so you're effectively on vanity wagons
i was just about to look for some wagons that maple wasn't on and apparently it's all of them wtf
why is maple not voting
she wanted to revaluate. she made several posts about it.
there've been like 500 posts in 5 hours, sorry (not sorry) for not reading
iaafr
Racketeer

Post by iaafr »

his iso feels pure idk

not gonna articulate it more than that but lmao
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Adam_ wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:01 am
Sloonei wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:58 pm These are definitely reads, i do not deny that. What I’m questing is their categorization as “bizarre“ and “anti-consensus”; bizarre because I don’t know why anything would be wrong with them, and anti-consensus because, like, it’s Day 1. We should be penalizing people for differing opinions.

To elaborate on those reads as the time (which is mostly also as they are now, though I’m feeling better about Hyena), my opinions of all three was based solely on their posts about me. I have not had and will not have time to keep up fully with this game, so for most of Day 1 I’ve mostly just played the hermit crab and only poked my head out when I see my name come up. So I suspected hyena based purely on the way they came after me. Likewise, I town read 112 and nutella entirely because of their early thoughts on me. Nutella is almost literally always suspicious of me by default, and I do not feel like her concerns so far have been fabricated. 112, on the other hand, was getting on my case because my “tone” felt off when I was clearly roleplaying Dr Sloonman was at the helm. I don’t think that’s the kind of false read that a mafia 112 pushes on Day 1.

I do not know or care (well, I care, but not as it pertains to the formation of my own initial reads) what the consensus opinion has been on any of these three before or after any of this.
double shroop? it's 12am and everything. dunno

sloonei did you use an avocado avatar on MU
No. Or, I don’t think I did. Maybe a long time ago. I have only played champs games there like four years apart. Why do you ask?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
iaafr
Racketeer

Post by iaafr »

also has the bomb been dropped yet?

maple trying this hard is like kinda >>rand w for her
Adam_
Stool Pigeon

Post by Adam_ »

i had to ask because i know i had a positive opinion of some avocado avatar rando who came to MU for champs, and that's a pretty rare thing. would have given a pass and >rand consideration
iaafr
Racketeer

Post by iaafr »

iaafr wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:03 am also has the bomb been dropped yet?

have not read much of thread and am wondering if this aspect of maple has been discussed yet
colonialbob
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 131
Preferred Pronouns: He/his/him

Post by colonialbob »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:58 pm
jumpluff wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:26 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:17 pm “Bizarre and anti-consensus reads on his shooters...”

What?
Sloonei wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:46 pm
jumpluff wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:40 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:38 pm [VOTE: sprityo] aubergine
The fool revealed himself as a devious scoundrel seeking to undermine my plan!

Also I was unaware my old vote on Ace was still there. Votes usually just move on their own when I change them.
many shots were taken at you; Hyena, nutella, and 112 declared themselves as challengers towards you

yet I ask

was this, too, part of the Plan? do you cast blame down upon them, or tolerate their antics?
112 is a trusted lieutenant. Nutella is devious and nebulous. We may never know. Hyena is the most concerning of the triumvirate.
(I took these as reads, but looking at it, it occurs to me that it might not be?...)

I found this really opposite from how I see the game

It's not that I find that in itself wolfy; I'm a terribly low confidence player, to the point that (as I stated when asked about this earlier) I tend to assume when I see something completely opposite from how I view the game, it's because the other person is right and I'm wrong. I don't assume I'm right on people until I start flipping wolves, which seems to be atypical

Hyena is extremely villagery to me. nutella's towniest posts have come since you said this, and I think what you were trying to say is that she's a strong player, but I didn't find her wolfy at all, whereas the time I did play with her, she was fairly consistently sussed. 112 I find to be a generally opaque person but wolfy this game, and it surprises me that you could be confident that 112 shot you from a good place, especially since... 112 shot you so they apparently don't share that. 112's claim is also a >rand w role (but not necessarily a wolf)

I felt like the awareness of the players expressed (enough to give reads) would mean you would be motivated to show why you disagreed with everyone on Hyena and 112 in particular, rather than simply answer the question; basically, I don't think what bob said applied to it

I agree it's potentially an easy wagon for wolves to latch onto ('arbitrary'), which is why I'm interrogating it given the opportunity, but it feels more right to me than most options atm
These are definitely reads, i do not deny that. What I’m questing is their categorization as “bizarre“ and “anti-consensus”; bizarre because I don’t know why anything would be wrong with them, and anti-consensus because, like, it’s Day 1. We should be penalizing people for differing opinions.

hmm this post sounds like somebody is heading for an acid bath
Marcher Jovian
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 135
Preferred Pronouns: they/them

Post by Marcher Jovian »

[VOTE: awesom-o] aubergine for martin
idk I’m easily swayed
Maple
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 743

Post by Maple »

So going over the ISOs I did earlier again:
Spyro - Liked them more going out than going in, seem legit but I want to actually get to talk to them
Cayvie - Liked the start, didn't like everything after their initial salvo of posts, see my ISO for details
Nutella - Slow start, their later stuff gets better, seems aight but I want to talk to them more
GGman - Didn't like the ISO, details in my post w/r/t their reactions to their misshot and how the way they went about defending themselves was wolfy in and of itself
Wilgy - >rand w but not like a crazy priority or anything, they just don't have a lot of posts and the ones they do aren't very good; can die, if someone can make that happen
iaafr
Racketeer

Post by iaafr »

im not advocating for a d1 cfd it should be in the consciousness

hopefully maple can clear herself though
Timsup2nothin
Veteran of 1000 Psychic Wars
Posts in topic: 826

Post by Timsup2nothin »

jumpluff wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:58 pm
Timsup2nothin wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:53 pm
jumpluff wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:50 pm Oh and I couldn't really parse the Tim argument but that was the most alignment indicative thing I think, it felt sorta villagery in reasoning but I'm not sure what to make of any of it in aggregate and I found the Tim/Poison stuff a litle unconvincing specifically (this is still about Urist)

At some point I'm going to have to read through all the people arguing with Tim, but I'll have needed a full night of sleep to accomplish that
Sorry.

<genuine contrition>

In arguments is when I am best bale to understand people. FWIW I think Urist is pretty townie after butting heads with him.
Ok, I mega appreciate your reads/perspectives on those arguments

I like to get into long interactions with people to read them too, it just doesn't normally happen, and then I get very tilted because my favourite thing about mafia is exploring people's minds

And I didn't mean that you created a problem by generating so much info; Tuesdays are a day I travel for medical stuff and then I didn't sleep well last night, so I'm physically exhausted and mentally too
Self first...it's just a game. Relax with Bunbun.
ImageImageImageImage
noted "I can't be fucking bothered" aficionado who dual wields the sword of contrarianism in one hand and a hot cheetos family bag in the other
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

jumpluff wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:29 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:17 pm “Bizarre and anti-consensus reads on his shooters...”

What?

Also I was unaware my old vote on Ace was still there. Votes usually just move on their own when I change them.
many shots were taken at you; Hyena, nutella, and 112 declared themselves as challengers towards you

yet I ask

was this, too, part of the Plan? do you cast blame down upon them, or tolerate their antics?
112 is a trusted lieutenant. Nutella is devious and nebulous. We may never know. Hyena is the most concerning of the triumvirate.
(I took these as reads, but looking at it, it occurs to me that it might not be?...)

It's not that I find that in itself wolfy; I'm a terribly low confidence player, to the point that (as I stated when asked about this earlier) I tend to assume when I see something completely opposite from how I view the game, it's because the other person is right and I'm wrong. I don't assume I'm right on people until I start flipping wolves, which seems to be atypical

Hyena is extremely villagery to me. nutella's towniest posts have come since you said this, and I think what you were trying to say is that she's a strong player, but I didn't find her wolfy at all, whereas the time I did play with her, she was fairly consistently sussed. 112 I find to be a generally opaque person but wolfy this game, and it surprises me that you could be confident that 112 shot you from a good place, especially since... 112 shot you so they apparently don't share that. 112's claim is also a >rand w role (but not necessarily a wolf)

I felt like the awareness of the players expressed (enough to give reads) would mean you would be motivated to show why you disagreed with everyone on Hyena and 112 in particular, rather than simply answer the question; basically, I don't think what bob said applied to it

I agree it's potentially an easy wagon for wolves to latch onto ('arbitrary'), which is why I'm interrogating it given the opportunity, but it feels more right to me than most options atm
To add onto this - I think you showed people who outright tried to remove you from the game with a single bullet of kp more suspicion than people who don't know you very well voting you with their 2 votes, which is not intuitive
That’s because I can’t be bothered to put in the worK to read all them yet, and I didn’t have any of those votes until more recently.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
DaisyCloud
Loan Shark

Post by DaisyCloud »

sheepsaysmeep wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:56 pm why is the timestamp of my registering to this site being outed

i wouldve waited until 4:20 or something if i had known
I think iirc you can fix it in settings to hide your timezone.

Victories:
Maple
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Maple »

Literally every single game someone brings up this meta read, it is proven to be false.

Keep up with the times.
colonialbob
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 131
Preferred Pronouns: He/his/him

Post by colonialbob »

jumpluff wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:59 pm
Adam_ wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:57 pm urist is plugging the votecount into a neural network :| this is bad. we're all caught
I have a notepad file that looks identical where I considered using regex to count how many people were on the poll

I stopped using programmer logic and just counted them with my eyeballs
boy you have a lot of eyeballs to count with

do you just like line them up on your desk or did you go a bit fancier and make an abacus out of them
iaafr
Racketeer

Post by iaafr »

aight maples just town
iaafr
Racketeer

Post by iaafr »

if im wrong on martin here urist could be a partner?

some of their stuff might be w/w
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Adam_ wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:03 am i had to ask because i know i had a positive opinion of some avocado avatar rando who came to MU for champs, and that's a pretty rare thing. would have given a pass and >rand consideration
This is bizarre because when I first made my MU account I considered two avatars, both of which represented memes from RYM (my original site): one was the Bill Clinton corkscrew, the other was an avocado. I don’t remember if I ever actually went with the avocado, but I am 100% certain that I gave it 50% consideration.

This would have been ~4 or 5 years ago though
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Adam_
Stool Pigeon

Post by Adam_ »

o/u 8 people post something like "i regret playing i didn't know people would post a lot in this 50 player game"
Urist
Loan Shark

Post by Urist »

[VOTE: 112] aubergine [VOTE: xalt] aubergine
Maple
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Maple »

Reading Long Con next, they have a non-shot and doodoo votes
DaisyCloud
Loan Shark

Post by DaisyCloud »

wait why did Adam vote 10? ten*

[mention]Adam_[/mention]

Victories:
Maple
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Maple »

Adam_ wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:07 am o/u 8 people post something like "i regret playing i didn't know people would post a lot in this 50 player game"
Hmmm

My gut says u just because people seem pretty into this game

But definitely O if we lose :wowee:
iaafr
Racketeer

Post by iaafr »

MartinGG99 wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:03 am
MacDougall wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:30 am Mafia (There are 11 members of the Mafia)
^^This is neat information but I'm not sure to trust it since he is one of the people who have open-bunnied so far and I'm not sure if I like that:

Trustworthy Liberal #92
jumpluff #91 (among many other #'s)
Macdougal #93
iaafr #168
tedxtr #392 (soft bunny via Bugs Bunny)

Also Urist's profile gif may imply being a hydra:

[VOTE: Urist] aubergine
Urist wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:29 pm
iaafr wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:26 pm im buying martins emotions around his shot

would veto killing him
this is a wolfy post
things that ping me as possibly indicating urist/martin w/w and also urist agreeing with me that martins pure just now
Adam_
Stool Pigeon

Post by Adam_ »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:07 am
Adam_ wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:03 am i had to ask because i know i had a positive opinion of some avocado avatar rando who came to MU for champs, and that's a pretty rare thing. would have given a pass and >rand consideration
This is bizarre because when I first made my MU account I considered two avatars, both of which represented memes from RYM (my original site): one was the Bill Clinton corkscrew, the other was an avocado. I don’t remember if I ever actually went with the avocado, but I am 100% certain that I gave it 50% consideration.

This would have been ~4 or 5 years ago though
:eye: :eye:
iaafr
Racketeer

Post by iaafr »

Adam_ wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:07 am o/u 8 people post something like "i regret playing i didn't know people would post a lot in this 50 player game"
i regret playing i didnt know people would post a lot in this 50 player game
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Adam_ wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:57 pm urist is plugging the votecount into a neural network :| this is bad. we're all caught
this is really funny btw
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

[VOTE: awesome-o] aubergine
Unvoted hyena
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Urist
Loan Shark

Post by Urist »

iaafr wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:07 am things that ping me as possibly indicating urist/martin w/w and also urist agreeing with me that martins pure just now
changing one's mind is literally the most townie thing a person can do
Adam_
Stool Pigeon

Post by Adam_ »

DaisyCloud wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:07 am wait why did Adam vote 10? ten*

@Adam_
read like a doubley good person to have out of the game, if you know what i mean
jumpluff
The Mark
Posts in topic: 407
Preferred Pronouns: They/them/theirs

Post by jumpluff »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:58 pm

What?

yet I ask

These are definitely reads, i do not deny that. What I’m questing is their categorization as “bizarre“ and “anti-consensus”; bizarre because I don’t know why anything would be wrong with them, and anti-consensus because, like, it’s Day 1. We should be penalizing people for differing opinions.

It is the conjunction of bizarre/anticonsensus with lack of explanation, which led me to reject bob's characterisation of your play as well. Anticonsensus is fine, but unexplained anticonsensus is very difficult to know what to do with, particularly from experienced players and when analysing your own wagons. It also makes it harder to parse the thought - I find them bizarre because I can't imagine how you arrived at them (I try pretty hard to do this with most things I read), sorry if that's overly harsh wording.

This explanation seems fine tho to me and I appreciate it and sorry I didn't just ask you at the time, I'm juggling quite a lot. I'll reiso you but I'm gonna be honest and say I don't really know how to reconcile the various opinions I have/am aware of about you this game, and also have a pretty huge mental load wrt the wagons atm, so it's hard to know what to do with your scope here unfortunately and I don't know how to deal with your perspective on it =/ Sorry either way.
112, on the other hand, was getting on my case because my “tone” felt off when I was clearly roleplaying Dr Sloonman was at the helm. I don’t think that’s the kind of false read that a mafia 112 pushes on Day 1.
I had the opposite interpretation of this fwiw but will defer to your opinion on 112 if you're a villager, since you obv know them better and I massively misread them last time we played.
iaafr
Racketeer

Post by iaafr »

Urist wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:09 am
iaafr wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:07 am things that ping me as possibly indicating urist/martin w/w and also urist agreeing with me that martins pure just now
changing one's mind is literally the most townie thing a person can do
its not the changing of the mind its the

well whatever its probably wrong anyway
Maple
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Maple »

Long Con feels like "I signed up for this mash so I'm just gonna post and press buttons idc"
DaisyCloud
Loan Shark

Post by DaisyCloud »

Adam_ wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:09 am

@Adam_
read like a doubley good person to have out of the game, if you know what i mean
I literally didn't know there was a ten playing. so idk if that is a good vote or no or what.

I forget why you are in my notes as person I wanted to interact with. was it you punchy pushed too on yesterday?

Victories:
jumpluff
The Mark
Posts in topic: 407
Preferred Pronouns: They/them/theirs

Post by jumpluff »

Marcher Jovian wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:04 am [VOTE: awesom-o] aubergine for martin
idk I’m easily swayed
Even if Martin is a villager I don't think the reasoning supplied is good

Not sure how serious the rationale here is ><
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

was it this year? i've specced this whole season and don't remember an avocado but idk
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Adam_
Stool Pigeon

Post by Adam_ »

1. we can prob do as well elsewhere
2. having someone who knows how to read this site's brand of potatoes sounds amazing
3. what if they're the avocado and they don't remember it :nicenod:

i could see myself changing this vote. seems like we have enough active people here to change wagons successfully
Maple
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Maple »

One of my villager reads is trending downwards over the last several hours and its making me sad

Will continue to observe for now
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

iaafr wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:03 am

have not read much of thread and am wondering if this aspect of maple has been discussed yet
it has crossed my mind but like i said earlier i think we go along with the mech thing for at least a couple phases and see what he does
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Urist
Loan Shark

Post by Urist »

awesom-o getting wagoned here is real mehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh and i have town reads on exactly zero of the participants there which means they're all town and awesom-o is scum ofc
Adam_
Stool Pigeon

Post by Adam_ »

DaisyCloud wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:12 am
Adam_ wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:09 am

@Adam_
I literally didn't know there was a ten playing. so idk if that is a good vote or no or what.

I forget why you are in my notes as person I wanted to interact with. was it you punchy pushed too on yesterday?
i don't remember, regarding punchy. we talked a lot yesterday. oh. it wasn't punchy pushing me, i was saying i think punchy is town and you wanted more details, after i posted a large reads list
Maple
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Maple »

[VOTE: martin] aubergine

Money where mouth is etc

Still deciding second vote

Return to “Previous Jobs”