i need to gather my thoughts more
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 464

Re: Space Invaders [Night 1]

Post by MacDougall »

Dunya + Rej + 1 is where I am at. That + 1 potential group is both absurdly small and literally everyone depending on which of my five heads I am using.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I think a POE like this is a solid starting point;

Alison
Carotenoid
Protocultures
Dunya
Rej

With Epignosis as a swing for Dunya if that's a miss. If Dyslexicon is mafia we probably never get there if Hally is town which is my most confident read and also I love Dizzy so fuck it.

I feel like all combos inside this are viable though I expect some immediate "wtf no this person can't be w with this person" type things. Don't hold back.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Maybe I am dropping LC suspicion too easily but ... I dunno his blunt I am town schtick works for me lol.
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 266
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Is there something tying dunya to soneji or is it an independent read?
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:58 am Is there something tying dunya to soneji or is it an independent read?
Yeah they have some interactions right at the start that where you can make a case for Dunya prodding Soneji to contribute and their interactions were soft, but it's kinda null and Epi hard scumreading Dunya for it is why I feel like they are t/w.

MacDougall wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:59 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:58 am Is there something tying dunya to soneji or is it an independent read?
Yeah they have some interactions right at the start that where you can make a case for Dunya prodding Soneji to contribute and their interactions were soft, but it's kinda null and Epi hard scumreading Dunya for it is why I feel like they are t/w.
Eh guess I’ll have to look back

I thought dunya was independently townie but idk
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

I don’t even see the interactions on a (very very brief) skim but what did stick out tome is her original proposed plan for chaining saves

How many scum teams commit to proposing mechanically bad plans d0 rather than supporting one? Maybe a weak read but slight town points imo
Hally
alien shapeshifter
Posts in topic: 160
Preferred Pronouns: they/them

Post by Hally »

ok who is in this game lets see

town:
nut
tsp
dizzy
tutuu
mac

town lean:
epi
carotte
proto

idk:
nanook
allison
dunya
lc

scum:
rej

something like this? tiers roughly ordered. i’d be pretty surprised if anyone in my town reads was maf but im hally to talk if anyone disagrees

as for town leans, i put proto that high because how soneji talked to him felt like buddying not s/s. carotte seems really pure to me idk. epi just seems solid. but im open to being corrected on him since ppl here know him better

ig my next challenge is to sort the idks. they are there mostly because i feel like i dont know where their heads are at atm. may need to iso
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Hally wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:10 am ok who is in this game lets see

town:
nut
tsp
dizzy
tutuu
mac

town lean:
epi
carotte
proto

idk:
nanook
allison
dunya
lc

scum:
rej

something like this? tiers roughly ordered. i’d be pretty surprised if anyone in my town reads was maf but im hally to talk if anyone disagrees

as for town leans, i put proto that high because how soneji talked to him felt like buddying not s/s. carotte seems really pure to me idk. epi just seems solid. but im open to being corrected on him since ppl here know him better

ig my next challenge is to sort the idks. they are there mostly because i feel like i dont know where their heads are at atm. may need to iso
i just realized i typed “im hally” instead of “im happy” :haha:

I thought that was intentional I was prepared to hard clear you lmao

Mac says I can slank until D3/4 so that should be good enough for everyone else too tbh
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:56 am I think a POE like this is a solid starting point;

Alison
Carotenoid
Protocultures
Dunya
Rej

With Epignosis as a swing for Dunya if that's a miss. If Dyslexicon is mafia we probably never get there if Hally is town which is my most confident read and also I love Dizzy so fuck it.

I feel like all combos inside this are viable though I expect some immediate "wtf no this person can't be w with this person" type things. Don't hold back.
hrm ok seems like we disagree on carotte and proto. can we talk about this? i think im more likely to be wrong on proto than carotte
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Hally wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:16 am
MacDougall wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:56 am I think a POE like this is a solid starting point;

Alison
Carotenoid
Protocultures
Dunya
Rej

hrm ok seems like we disagree on carotte and proto. can we talk about this? i think im more likely to be wrong on proto than carotte
Cartenoid is pure POE I have nothing there except some light interactives with Dunya from the early game which is why I asked Carot to give me a Dunya read. Her scum equity goes up if Dunya is red and down if Dunya is green. Actually it was Carot that made me reconsider townreading Proto. She made a really good case I'll bring it up.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:24 am
Carotenoid wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:21 am
Carotenoid wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:20 pm
Protocultures

In #140 he says « Soneji – null to very very light town for having looked into strategies as could have done it for either alignment » which is ??????????????? because I don’t think there was anything relevant in Soneji’s first post. Go check it, at this point the only post he made is #38 and I don’t think it qualifies as « having looked into strategies »
Then on #629 it becomes « Soneji – one post, lets hope they post more or get mod killed. »
Which is. ?????? considering the first read on him. Slip? Like Soneji might have posted some strat’ in scum chat.
And then there’s the EoD defending Soneji but I kinda did it too so I don’t know what to think about that. #826 is pretty ???? It feels a bit like trying too much.

This is worrying, especially the #140 bit, I'd like to know what you think about it.
@MacDougall since you know him what do you think about this?
God I hate reading other people's cases...

Tbh you have a very good argument. Proto has a town read here on Soneji off a pure lie?
So Carotenoid/Proto are not w/w and really this case is very towny in general and the way she's pushed it is very towny so I should take her out of the POE.
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

idk if im convinced by that case. i agree that proto’s liiiiiiight townread of soneji for his first post wasnt deserved but idk that it strikes me as s/s. and dropping soneji to null after some time had passed and soneji hadnt posted again is reasonable given the town lean was very slight to begin with. the stuff right at EoD where he was like “dont shoot soneji shoot epi and if soneji is maf shoot me” is maybe negative against him because it seems almost intentionally wifomy. but it seems silly to go for that when there was really no point and it was more likely to make him look bad than anything. im not sure what he would think hed gain there
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

[mention]Dyslexicon[/mention] come back and solve the game with me im here now ily

ok i need to sleep its 4am and nobody is here now anyway
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Hally wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:40 am idk if im convinced by that case. i agree that proto’s liiiiiiight townread of soneji for his first post wasnt deserved but idk that it strikes me as s/s. and dropping soneji to null after some time had passed and soneji hadnt posted again is reasonable given the town lean was very slight to begin with. the stuff right at EoD where he was like “dont shoot soneji shoot epi and if soneji is maf shoot me” is maybe negative against him because it seems almost intentionally wifomy. but it seems silly to go for that when there was really no point and it was more likely to make him look bad than anything. im not sure what he would think hed gain there
For his mafia teammate to not die and a townie to?
protocultures
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 720

Post by protocultures »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:21 am
MacDougall wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:24 am
Carotenoid wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:21 am
Carotenoid wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:20 pm
Protocultures

In #140 he says « Soneji – null to very very light town for having looked into strategies as could have done it for either alignment » which is ??????????????? because I don’t think there was anything relevant in Soneji’s first post. Go check it, at this point the only post he made is #38 and I don’t think it qualifies as « having looked into strategies »
Then on #629 it becomes « Soneji – one post, lets hope they post more or get mod killed. »
Which is. ?????? considering the first read on him. Slip? Like Soneji might have posted some strat’ in scum chat.
And then there’s the EoD defending Soneji but I kinda did it too so I don’t know what to think about that. #826 is pretty ???? It feels a bit like trying too much.

This is worrying, especially the #140 bit, I'd like to know what you think about it.
@MacDougall since you know him what do you think about this?
God I hate reading other people's cases...

Tbh you have a very good argument. Proto has a town read here on Soneji off a pure lie?
So Carotenoid/Proto are not w/w and really this case is very towny in general and the way she's pushed it is very towny so I should take her out of the POE.
Ok, lemme do some defence before I work through the new posts that happened overnight.

I dont think there is anything weird about giving a null to very very light town read to someone with one post who said they looked into optimal stratgies for this setup. If you are town, this seems a reasonable thing to do and if you are alien, why would you tell anyone you are looking into strat. Thats where my logic was at. It was a null to very very light town. I wouldnt read too much into it.

My second take that they are null and hoping they post more or get mod killed is also normal to me. It is entirely consistent with a null read where the person had at the time made one post.

EoD - I am not so much defending Soneji as saying there were better shots imo. I was kind of shocked they flipped alien, but whatever.

People are saying my EoD was too wifom. I was just responding to Nutellas request to give our input knowing that they were likely to shoot Soneji.

Consider this. prior to my posts going into EoD, I was almost universally townread. if I am alien and know Soneji is the likely shot with flips on, I do not make these posts. Ever.

Some of you will say "thats wifom again".

Consider this. Would I prefer to be almost universally townread in a setup where its 2KP until 2, and let Soneji die quietly OR make a deflection post and put myself in the mix for day 2 lasering because because can say "you are alien using wifom". Thats the real choice I would have to make as an alien, and thats the choice you need to decide whether I made. The alternative is that I am town, thought Soneji was not the best shot for the day, and pushed my view on the better shot.

My interaction/proposals for Epi still gained some info on the gamestate since Epi and I both are kind of okay with getting shot as long as the other gets shot next day. Strictly speaking this is not a hard difference check but rather makes it unlikely we are both aliens together. Lemme know people's thoughtson that. If you say THAT is also wifom, then basically posting anything is wifom and you have pre-determined I am an alien.

I still townread carotenoid for finding the issue with the mixed save strat. I townread them slightly independent from that based on their posts.

Hally seems pretty damn town to me.

Epi immeadiately locking in a save for Nutella at the start of N1 when we had done math on 3 rng saves is extremely scummy. It just makes it likely for people to waste bunker saves since we cannot use their save in the rng for the results to work out. I will say that hitting an alien in the first day makes the math much more favourable to town since its now 3/13 x 2/12 x 1/11 for us to rng 3 aliens exactly which is 6/1,716 which is 0.35%. We still cant use Epi's save to get this outcome because they self selected. Epi knows this which is why its was extremely scummy to lock in a save before Nutella nominated the savers. People wanting to apply more than 3 saves I think are aliens, since it wastes bunker shots, but maybe they hadnt done the math. The math has been done above for you. There are 13 non Nutella players left. There is one combo of hitting all three aliens back to back. Thats 0.35%. If people still want to push for a night protection scheme that uses any more than 3 saves in Nutella, (such as bottom 3 POE plus one for example), I just think you are really really bad at math. We already have to use 4 since Epi locked in a save.

QUESTION: t/t is town on town?

QUESTION: s/s is scum on scum?

QUESTION: w/w is wolf on wolf?

I also think doing isos on Soneji post flip to scumhunt/clear people is pointless to bad in a game where aliens have full chat knowing there are flips. Again, another thing that Epi has done. Basically a lot of people are townreading Epi and I cant see it. if its based purely on meta and not on their posts for this game, can people let me know who they are so i can silo their read on epi off from my read on them.
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

Hally wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:46 pm ig now i can read for soneji interactions and spew as i go! beats having to reread :p

also idk what im supposed to do with my protect. if there is a plan im supposed to follow @ me and i will do that
Nutella to pick 3 savers at random. Those 3 to always save Nutella. Once they confirm receipt of the instruction, they lock it in. Then nobody else needs to waste a save on Nutella.
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

Epignosis wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:59 pm I don't think I'm nutella's "one true protector." That's silly. What I'm saying is that I'm going to protect her and already did. All other bunkers can protect one another. I understand if you don't believe me and want to hedge on that. Don't, but I understand if you do.
This is so level 0 its absurd.

"I am town, Its Night 1 so aliens have 1KP, I have locked in a save on Nutella so all the other bunkers can protect one another. You can totally trust that I am not an alien".

It is exactly for this type of reason why I pushed the rng 3 plan for night 1. So we dont get more than 3 saves onto Nutella.
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

Carotenoid wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:01 pm Also @nutella you should tell us asap who you want to protect you and what strategy you want as there wasn't really consensus

If three random persons protect you the odds of losing n1 is like 1%
Good, someone who gets it.

I’m begging you guys to not waste saves on people not named nutella

I don’t have the energy or frankly the desire to argue until I get my way but any save used on someone that isn’t nutella is a save wasted.

Just follow Nutella’s plan (I believe she put one out, iso her to find it, should be in a reply to me IIRC), and if she didn’t call for you to protect her HOLD YOUR SAVE.
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

nutella wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:24 pm tutuu
Epignosis

Nanook
Dyslexicon

Long Con
protocultures

Hally
Mac

dunya
Alison
TonyStarkPrime

Carotenoid
Rej

....Something like that. Ugh. I'm so unsure on a lot of these.
I dislike the way the list is changing.

Can I ask why LC is so high in the town list? Is it based purely on style/meta/clout? I cant recall anything they did to solve much in the same. They said they are generally a day 3+ bloomer so maybe that is their meta?
tutuu
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 171

Post by tutuu »

DUDE 22 pages fuck off u guys lmao
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

I have fully read every single post and I completely agree with everything that has been said.
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:35 am I’m begging you guys to not waste saves on people not named nutella

I don’t have the energy or frankly the desire to argue until I get my way but any save used on someone that isn’t nutella is a save wasted.

Just follow Nutella’s plan (I believe she put one out, iso her to find it, should be in a reply to me IIRC), and if she didn’t call for you to protect her HOLD YOUR SAVE.
Pretty damn towny from a mechanics perspective.

Town using more than 4 bunker saves to try to save 1 non nutella person is a mega fail because a town alive on its own is worthless. Town is only valuable for having bunker saves. The max bunker saves you could save is 4 but you spend at least 1 doing so. If multiple people do this, we can easily lose more saves than by simply allowing an alien to get a free kill.

http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 67#p617767

This is Nutella’s last plan, anyone not adhering to it can fuck off

If you’re not dunya/me/carot then hold your protect.
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Re: Space Invaders [Day 1]

Post by protocultures »

Hally wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:34 pm
protocultures wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:05 am Alright, so day 0 finished, Dragonmir got subbed out, boss music came on and MacDougal entered the game. I still have not have anyone confirm to me whether we get flips after town laser kills.
Heres where I am at in the game.

So since Dragonmir is out, I isoed their posts for background on Mac. Feels kinda null to me so I am okay giving Mac a clean slate to start the game. I feel there were some people who hard wanted to laser Dragomir – it felt kinda bandwagon to me and I feel there are better targets.

Alison – don’t know what to make of the thinking bunkers had one shot issue. Their explanation seems meh, other than this, their posts make me think they are town. Putting on my tin foil hat, instead of looking through Dyslexicons games to identify their meta, what if they are in alien chat and dyslexicon fed them the games/outcomes. Not an idea that I am strongly pushing for now, but something for postgame just in case I am right. [since i started writing, more posts have come up - I want to push this possivility much more now]

Bimbo – has zero posts. Not sure I understand why Dragonmir was subbed out instead of Bimbo. Do we not punish lurker/afk players at the syndicate? Probably not worth a laser at this point, and hopefully they get modkilled or come in with some posts later on.

Carotenoid – seems a bit null to town in posts. I give them hard town cred for finding error in my math to push off my mixed save strategy. Nutella had semi bought into the mixed save strat earlier in the day, and Caro identified it as being bad. Doesn’t have to do this as an alien at all.

Dyslexicon – literally their first 6 posts are memes which made me think they are aliens or probably good to be laser shot regardless of alignment. Trying to put it down to day 0 memes and re-evaluate on them. Rest of posts are kinda null to me. I feel like they might be intentionally trying to look not massively town and aim for the middle of the pack between town and alien to avoid getting night KP on them.

Dunya – still confuses me. I want to lean their posts kinda town BUT they townread epi and want to murdertrain Dargonmir/Macdougal which makes me deduct town points. A lot of them. Put them in the cant read and sort later if I need to pile.

Epignosis – I still want to burn them with fire. They also want to kill DragonDougal. So more petrol here please. Thinks LC is town.

LongCon – Probably still my number 2 alien. Some posts make me want to them to live a bit longer for me to re-evaluate on them potentially.

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME – seems to be being universally townread. I think their later post quality has dropped significantly. Just posting to stay active. I stick them in the null category.

Rej – Don’t have much on them. No suggestions for solving, just some reads on players here and there.

Soneji – one post, lets hope they post more or get mod killed.

TonyStarkPrime – up there with my towniest of towns, but seems to also think Epi is town. If I turn out wrong on Epi, gonna have to re-evaluate everything again which would be a massive pain. Could just be a bad read on their part. Still one of my top towns.

Tutuu – also being universally townread. Am okay with that.

MacDougal – I just don’t think they joined the game if they were mafia where they are in too many games already. Don’t think we should attach massive reads from Dragonmir onto Macdougal since it was only 1 day and we should be able to independently read macdougal in future days.
i like this reads list less than the first one you gave

a few things:
1) why do you scum read epi so much? have you said and i just missed it?
2) it seems like youre just taking it for granted epi is maf and pre-flipping him? and also taking for granted that mac is town even though you don’t really read him here? i can tell you since i subbed in too that i wasn’t told what alignment i’d be before i agreed. so mac wouldnt know what his role was beforehand

other than that ig i dont have an issue with these
Why do I scum read epi so much? Its a mix of things. I dont find their posts towny/solvy, especially since they arent new to forum and have a large post count on the site. Additionally too many people are finding them towny on their posts, which also indicates they are scummy. The tricky part is that Nutella is reading Epi as high town and I havent made a final determination yet.

I dont take for granted mac is town, I wanted to give mac a clean slate and not bury him because of some scum read on Dragonmir which I couldnt even see in the first place. I dont find mac particularly towny atm and lean them into my alien bucket. Knowing that new players dont know their alignment is helpful and pushes mac more into the alien bucket.
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Dude nutella goat

I hope night isnt over fuck

tutuu wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:49 am Dude nutella goat

I hope night isnt over fuck
We’ve still got awhile

Also you’re not sending in a protection if you’re town so you’re fine
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 233

Post by Dyslexicon »

Hally wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:17 am @Dyslexicon come back and solve the game with me im here now ily

ok i need to sleep its 4am and nobody is here now anyway
HALLYHALLYHALLY

Wait what, it's N1? :omg:
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

I think hally is town

I have also decided that i dont know how to play mafia so dont listen to any of my reads tbh
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

Hally wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:03 am
nutella wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:18 pm I don't understand the scumreads on LC. And I think rej's recent posts lean town. :shrug:
i haven’t seen LC like... do anything though? he hasn’t solved yet as far as i can see. but i saw he said he is a slow starter so maybe this is normal for him? also what’s townish about rej? also why do i insist on asking you these questions? the world may never know
mindmeld re LC. What have they done that is towny?
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

I think carrot bunny lady is also town
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Soneji! Seriously think Soneji has been scum in like all games I've played with him. GOAT shot, Nut!
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Who did Hally replace?

HALLYHALLYHALLY

I'll find out when I catch up I guess

:omg: :omg: :omg:
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

Carotenoid wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:21 am
nutella wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:49 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:20 am @nutella if you haven’t already, you should be dictating our protection plan relatively soonish.

I recommend three in the POE ordered to protect you, nobody else uses a protect.
ugh stop demanding I make the decisions I legit have no idea what the best strat is here

how about you/dunya/carot

rej is top suspect, not taking a risk there. I'd say those three names are very unlikely to all be alien so....?
That feels a bit overkill for N1 if Epignosis is protecting you but ok
we need to ignore Epi's save for rng3 to work, otherwise its only rng2 which is not as safe by an order of magnitude.
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

Long Con wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:27 am
Hally wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:23 am
protocultures wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:50 pm Agh mobile submission ate my post.

I don't like the shot on Soneji but don't have any super support for why not. Just here for the town cred post flip I guess.

The strong omgus from Epi is amusing and continues to make me believe they are an alien.
i feel like this is also not s/s with soneji for the same reason as carotte? but maybe this is a dumb way to think about it
Disagree. This post is something I could easily see as clever distancing, once Soneji is slated to die.
I guess thanks for thinking I might be that clever. This is my first forum game. You can stick me in the level 1 category.
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

I feel emotionally uncomfortable. Do u call this cognitive dissonance?
I was adamant alice and dunya are lock town.

Sooo many ppl are saying that they are not, in fact, lock town

So i have 2 options: double down and insist im right, opposing other ppl, or consider i was wrong in my deep rooted beliefs

Tf am i supposed to do

Fuck this
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

Hally wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:37 am
protocultures wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:15 pm Nutella you asked for strong views before you used your shot.

If you find me scummy, shoot me. You still have the difference check after I die.
why are you doing this though xD
Why am I doing this? In a game with no investigative role, its super valuable to get early camps/groups and identify people who can never be aligned. Epi said earlier if they die, shoot me next. I am reciprocating. Its not a difference check, but more like a non alien/alien check.

If I am wrong on Epi, and Epi doesnt die, its going to taint a lot of my reads on other people until they state their read on Epi is based on some meta i dont know about. Its not the worst thing in the world if I get shot because now my reads post flip are known to be pure.
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

tutuu wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:02 am I feel emotionally uncomfortable. Do u call this cognitive dissonance?
I was adamant alice and dunya are lock town.

Sooo many ppl are saying that they are not, in fact, lock town

So i have 2 options: double down and insist im right, opposing other ppl, or consider i was wrong in my deep rooted beliefs

Tf am i supposed to do

Fuck this
Alice is lock town to me if I ignore the slip and their meta dive.

Dunya confuses me.

Imagine how I feel about Epi.
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

I think epi is town because he pushed that im scum

And im consensus townread by like evryone

So if he was scum he would maybe read the room temperature a bit better and realize scumreading me would seem silly to most other ppl?

So if u think im town, u should maybe think epi is town too
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

Hally wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:43 am
protocultures wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:46 pm Good shot Nutella.

I def look bad now.

Going to put paranoia aside and townread Alison. If it turns out I was pocketed, so be it. I need to form some semblance of towncore.

I like Hally's analysis of early days. We think the same stuff. I will say it got harder for me on a bunch of people as the posts piled on.
why for allison?
my paranoia was because I didnt believe alison as a town would do such a deep dive on another player for a meta read and I thought it more likely they were both in alen chat together. Other than this and the slip, I townread alison a lot.

i decided to put my paranoia aside because my town circle is too small.
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

tutuu wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:08 am I think epi is town because he pushed that im scum

And im consensus townread by like evryone

So if he was scum he would maybe read the room temperature a bit better and realize scumreading me would seem silly to most other ppl?

So if u think im town, u should maybe think epi is town too
You still towny, but less so than before.
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Nah fam im still just as town its not my fault u guys r wrongly reading the soneji spew about me
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

Hally wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:45 am
Epignosis wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:59 pm I don't think I'm nutella's "one true protector." That's silly. What I'm saying is that I'm going to protect her and already did. All other bunkers can protect one another. I understand if you don't believe me and want to hedge on that. Don't, but I understand if you do.
oh i wasn’t saying i don’t believe you! i didn’t mean it in a bad way. i actually think the mindset is more townish than not
This is the level 0 mindset that I cant assign to Epi with their postcount. I would think its more towny if they were a new player.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

protocultures wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:47 am
Hally wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:34 pm
protocultures wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:05 am Alright, so day 0 finished, Dragonmir got subbed out, boss music came on and MacDougal entered the game. I still have not have anyone confirm to me whether we get flips after town laser kills.
Heres where I am at in the game.

So since Dragonmir is out, I isoed their posts for background on Mac. Feels kinda null to me so I am okay giving Mac a clean slate to start the game. I feel there were some people who hard wanted to laser Dragomir – it felt kinda bandwagon to me and I feel there are better targets.

Alison – don’t know what to make of the thinking bunkers had one shot issue. Their explanation seems meh, other than this, their posts make me think they are town. Putting on my tin foil hat, instead of looking through Dyslexicons games to identify their meta, what if they are in alien chat and dyslexicon fed them the games/outcomes. Not an idea that I am strongly pushing for now, but something for postgame just in case I am right. [since i started writing, more posts have come up - I want to push this possivility much more now]

Bimbo – has zero posts. Not sure I understand why Dragonmir was subbed out instead of Bimbo. Do we not punish lurker/afk players at the syndicate? Probably not worth a laser at this point, and hopefully they get modkilled or come in with some posts later on.

Carotenoid – seems a bit null to town in posts. I give them hard town cred for finding error in my math to push off my mixed save strategy. Nutella had semi bought into the mixed save strat earlier in the day, and Caro identified it as being bad. Doesn’t have to do this as an alien at all.

Dyslexicon – literally their first 6 posts are memes which made me think they are aliens or probably good to be laser shot regardless of alignment. Trying to put it down to day 0 memes and re-evaluate on them. Rest of posts are kinda null to me. I feel like they might be intentionally trying to look not massively town and aim for the middle of the pack between town and alien to avoid getting night KP on them.

Dunya – still confuses me. I want to lean their posts kinda town BUT they townread epi and want to murdertrain Dargonmir/Macdougal which makes me deduct town points. A lot of them. Put them in the cant read and sort later if I need to pile.

Epignosis – I still want to burn them with fire. They also want to kill DragonDougal. So more petrol here please. Thinks LC is town.

LongCon – Probably still my number 2 alien. Some posts make me want to them to live a bit longer for me to re-evaluate on them potentially.

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME – seems to be being universally townread. I think their later post quality has dropped significantly. Just posting to stay active. I stick them in the null category.

Rej – Don’t have much on them. No suggestions for solving, just some reads on players here and there.

Soneji – one post, lets hope they post more or get mod killed.

TonyStarkPrime – up there with my towniest of towns, but seems to also think Epi is town. If I turn out wrong on Epi, gonna have to re-evaluate everything again which would be a massive pain. Could just be a bad read on their part. Still one of my top towns.

Tutuu – also being universally townread. Am okay with that.

MacDougal – I just don’t think they joined the game if they were mafia where they are in too many games already. Don’t think we should attach massive reads from Dragonmir onto Macdougal since it was only 1 day and we should be able to independently read macdougal in future days.
i like this reads list less than the first one you gave

a few things:
1) why do you scum read epi so much? have you said and i just missed it?
2) it seems like youre just taking it for granted epi is maf and pre-flipping him? and also taking for granted that mac is town even though you don’t really read him here? i can tell you since i subbed in too that i wasn’t told what alignment i’d be before i agreed. so mac wouldnt know what his role was beforehand

other than that ig i dont have an issue with these
Why do I scum read epi so much? Its a mix of things. I dont find their posts towny/solvy, especially since they arent new to forum and have a large post count on the site. Additionally too many people are finding them towny on their posts, which also indicates they are scummy. The tricky part is that Nutella is reading Epi as high town and I havent made a final determination yet.

I dont take for granted mac is town, I wanted to give mac a clean slate and not bury him because of some scum read on Dragonmir which I couldnt even see in the first place. I dont find mac particularly towny atm and lean them into my alien bucket. Knowing that new players dont know their alignment is helpful and pushes mac more into the alien bucket.
So when I was shielding you I was town and now that you're in my POE I am mafia. Ok.
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

tutuu wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:14 am Nah fam im still just as town its not my fault u guys r wrongly reading the soneji spew about me
you arent less town because of anything with soneji.

you are less town for your reasoning as to why Epi is town. What was Epi's REASON for thinking you were an alien, rather than just giving them a townread for being contrarion. What did you think of their reasoning?

Return to “Previous Heists”