Space Invaders [END]

Moderator: Community Team

tutuu
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 171

Re: Space Invaders [Day 0]

Post by tutuu »

[ytubehd][/ytubehd]
Carotenoid wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:02 am There's iso links in the first post: viewtopic.php?f=100&t=1904#p616174
yea thanks i felt dumb for missing that host post but in my defense i was surrounded by a legion of ants and flies and bugs
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Carotenoid wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:09 am Also I feel like unless we specifically coordinate something specific in the thread, bunker shots should only be used on their own slot.
i wonder if this could be a tiny reverse derp clear. Derp condemn? Like, youre saying that the bunkers should self-protect every night. Youre either maf who didnt see that bunkers can only do it once or ur bunker but u just forgot and like in a vacuum the former is more likely but u can still be town idk

ngl i feel bad (like emotionally bad) for putting shade on someone who has me as top town. i feel like a terrible person kind of. sorry

as for tony stark even tho his posts are logically sound i personally and subjectively dont sniff any towntells around them. but i dont know him so like could just be his reserved personality im scumreading

the person with the wall posts (apologies i forgot your name) is back to town for being adamant and disappointed that ppl arent reading his stuff i feel like. and like sorry bruh but im just in a lazy / social mood rn and dont wanna read or think about mechanics
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 233

Post by Dyslexicon »

Hey, I just thought of something.
What if we lynch Nutella D1? Scum can't hurt us if we hurt ourselves first. Take the control back. Take the power. Get rekt, scum.
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

tutuu
nutella
dunya (btw dunya is innocent child. if shes maf im quitting mafia forever)

proto
nanook

epi (i liked his tone in a few posts on page 4)

dragomir (dumb townread that i shouldnt make cuz its a stretch but here i am)
long con (same)

rest

tonystark
carot

(reads subject to change please dont get annoyed if im sring u and ur town etc etc)
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

uh i think i misgendered epi sry
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

just fwiw pronouns dont show up on mobile and on landscape too (and iso button too at least for me)
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

ok i read ur stuff proto

first part is sound

idk about the second about declaring ppl to be saved but idk

I feel like we could potentially all holster on n1 except the 3 nutella defenders?

maybe it will just come down to hoe the game plays out and how many ppl obvtown by eod. Idk i dont rly wanna think about it or insist anymore about any mechanics
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 133
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

protocultures wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:33 pm I had the same issue on mobile. If you flip it to landscape mode, the buttons on the left hand side show up so you should be able to iso without going to page 1.

The lack of engagement with my grand plan to repulse the alien threat makes me sad.

Either people didnt read it, read it but didnt understand it and dont want to ask questions, or they are aliens who are scared of the grand plan.
I skimmed it because it was the hugest post I've ever seen, and I figured it would be discussed at length and that I could glean the meaning as we went along, and ask questions. I feel a little intimidated to ask questions. Like, I ask a question about one part, and you'd be like "Uh, can you please read, that question is clearly answered in Section 2 (iii), Paragraph 7, Subparagraph (ii)..."
town coming together with an agreed game plan is important in this setup. Having everyone go maverick/solo/secret night actions all the time is massively anti town imo. There isnt even any real benefit to individual scum hunting.
An agreed upon plan is what I suggested, over the randomizing I was seeing discussed. Of course, ;), I got put on the Naughty List for it. That's scum-hunters for ya though.
You either project town to Nutella or you dont. Beyond this, you try and figure out the best way to help town win.
That's the kicker. People can scum hunt-their eyeballs out, but nutella will follow her own ideas for the most part. She's quite individualistic.
The number of purely defensive posts is surprising to me, particularly from people with huge post counts (who i expect should know better).

If these people are going to come out with some awesome strat later on, I will sit down and shut up, but until then, should I not expect constructive posts on day 0? Is this like meme day 0 on forums?
Being constructive on Day 0 is just fine. I tend to have a pretty casual Day 0, but then again, my Day 1 isn't much better. :haha: There's a good chance that I will come out with an awesome strat later on, historically when I have a few Days to get acclimated and more involved, is when I come up with my best stuff.
To summarise again:

Assuming Day 0 (no shoot) --> Day 1 (laser shoot) --> Night 1 (alient 1KP)

We just need Nutella to rng 3 people from the 14 to bunker save Nutella, no exceptions. These people confirm receipt of the instruction from Nutella and nobody else stacks/wastes bunker saves on Nutella.
So you want nutella to randomly pick three players to protect her. I'm down with that.
For the math, this is 1 minus (4/14 x 3/13 x 2/12) = 1 – 24/2184 = 98.9% because the only permutation where we lose laser Night 1, is if we rng 3 aliens. That is 3 bunker saves used out of a total of 40.
[If laser shoots a town on Day 1, the math changes slightly to 4/13 x 3/12 x 2/11, so we get 24/1,716, so 1.4% chance we insta lose first night. I am still okay with that. Odds get lower than 1.1% if laser shoots alien day 1. Either way, its so low, we shouldnt care about it.]

For the second part, I suggest we nominate 4 additional people to be bunker saved and identify who will save them. Nutella to nominate if town consensus cannot be found. What does this all achieve?
Without a grand plan, aliens POE into 10 bunkers plus Laser.

With this plan, aliens can ONLY POE into 6 potential players which is now also known to town.

4 of the players are "safe" due to being actually saved or proxy saved because an alien was allocated to bunker someone on a 1KP night. At this stage, we have used 7 bunker saves so far.

This leaves our pool of random bunker shots who I think should save at an average rate something between 1/2 and 1 per night per random bunker with higher weighting to bunker saving on early days to reduce chances of dying with high bunker saves remaining.

What does this result in?

We get much cleaner info on saves, which helps Nutella make more informed day shots.

Assuming about half the unallocated savers bunker into the POE, this means we get a decent shot at finding a save, AND when saved, we should be able to narrow it down to 1 to 3 people. Because there were 6 people in the POE for aliens, nobody died, and only 3 people got bunkered for example. Think how massively more helpful this is than everyone doinf their own thing and landing save where POE was 10 people. The chances of landing a save in the first place is smaller, the chance of stacking bunkers (a waste on a 1KP night), and even if you DO land a save, you now have a larger POE of potential town who got saved.
Not sure I fully follow this part. On the surface, it guarantees that the aliens will always land successful kills, because they know who is unprotected. If I understand correctly, this is desirable, as it culls the players down to a level where the Aliens will be exposed?
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

tutuu wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:00 pm hoe the game
Game such a hoe. Heheh. Game game game.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

I have not retained how this setup works, but I'm ready to be educated while reading. ^^
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:11 pm I have not retained how this setup works, but I'm ready to be educated while reading. ^^
How many protects did you start with? We're allocating resources.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Cindy Kate finally has multi quotes! :cloud9:

Page 1

dunya wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:02 pm Oh shit.

I am so hyped about this set up and can't wait for the chaos.
Dubious.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:17 pm I'm not sure if this will come up, but in case it does, here is a disclaimer:

Before the game started, when I was randomizing the roles, I had to roll more than once for the laser gun role, in order to find a player who could have the ideal timezone to be online at the EoD.

Until I settled on a player to be the laser gun, I did not roll the other roles. So that process had no bearing on who ended up being town or alien.

Just making this clear so it doesn't become a point of debate. Thanks
It was never going to be me rip
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:53 pm Marking for now. I’ll come up with a protection scheme later this game day. Yes, we do need one.
Towny
Dragomir wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:12 am Hello. I'm gonna come back in the morning.
Scummy
tutuu wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:27 am hi

my internet will be limited for day 1 and 2 of this game but ill try my best

was disappointed i didnt roll the laser gun operator but im grateful for not rolling maf
Towny
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Long Con wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:13 pmHow many protects did you start with? We're allocating resources.
I think 4. Also pretty sure it's the same for everyone. If you're trying to be clever you're wasting your shot :llama:
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

tutuu wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:05 am100% guaranteeing laser gun's survival would mean putting at least 5 protections on her on even nights and god knows how much more on odd nights. we cant guarantee her life every single night and we shouldnt try to
Blasphemy. I never live long in games anyway. I might just end up protecting Nut every night so I know at least someone is, regardless of whatever plans. Sue me.

That said, I do like town plans. But like, trust.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

How quickly I forget that multi quoting is a thing lol
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:24 pm
Long Con wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:13 pmHow many protects did you start with? We're allocating resources.
I think 4. Also pretty sure it's the same for everyone. If you're trying to be clever you're wasting your shot :llama:
I WAS trying to be clever. Don't worry, I have unlimited shots.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 345
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:42 am Game game, game game game.
Wuh oh dizzy is an alien red alert
to the spoiler go the victories:
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

tutuu wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:05 am im confirmed derp cleared town. i was towny regardless. haters can eat my dab
i like you lol
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:07 am Mac isn’t in this game??

What a fucking rip off I want my money back
Mood
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

protocultures wall is towny imo, I like the evolutions of his reads on dunya/epi/lc/etc
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Epignosis wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:41 am Well I need space fuel before I continue. :coffee2:
coffee tell :suspish: :haha:
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 490

Post by dunya »

hey, i already pointed the coffee tell out!

but let's zap dragomir first. i promise he's bad.

also sorry, i've had a crazy busy day. i wish i could be spamming ya'll like i want to.

but first, an important clarification [mention]Dragon D. Luffy[/mention] - is it day 1 after day 0 or night 1?
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 73
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

d0-d1-n1
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

tutuu wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:49 pm dunya (btw dunya is innocent child. if shes maf im quitting mafia forever)
i'm glad on this occasion i'm not maf because i super like u and want to play all the games with u tbh :cloud9:
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Page 2
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:37 am Oh no what if we get embarrassed won’t that suck.
You're still kind of my favorite
tutuu wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:41 ami think long con is town for this line. the more and more i thought about what i would do as alien, the more i think that it would never cross my mind to think this, or to propose to my teammates that we take unnecessary risks by putting kills on nutella, like, ever. (so to clarify, i townread the line because i think its incorrect)
^Not bad logic tbh tbh
tutuu wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:48 am i dont need to convince you on that. maybe younger tutuu would be adamant but older and wiser tutuu picks her battles better
I love you too now be my friend
dunya wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:03 amNo one humored my day 1 idea. It guarantees us to catch scum on day 2 tho. What do u think?
Nut doesn't have a protect, so then we have to leave the one Nut is going to shoot behind. Which is fine obviously. And I would only agree to this if I get to protect Nut or trust someone enough. But honestly, some town would probably disobey the strategy and go for a protect on Nut instead out of paranoia.

Also, another way of catching scum is to just catch scum.

If scum has 1 shot and 2 shots on different nights, and there are four of them, then I'm starting to think this setup is kind of scum sided tbh tbh. But that's fine, since we'll just laser the shit out of all four aliens before D5. BEHOLD

I think I lean a strategy where we do groups instead. We have enough protects on Nut, and then others can choose to protect other players either at random or how they choose. Either one big group of non-Nut protectors and a smaller group who protects Nut. Or several smaller groups. 4/10 is kind of a lot tbh tbh. Like almost half wtf

Nut protector. It's funny.
Dragomir wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:15 am All this strategy talk is hurting my brain. I'm merely glancing at these posts right now.
Why? I feel like wrapping my head around the strategy is what interests me the most right now, since there's several pretty simple ways to lose this game if we go about it the wrong way. Is it not interesting to you?
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:15 am (I know there are four aliens but holy fuck if we put four aliens in one group we just deserve to lose tbh)
But what a spectacular way to lose a game!
dunya wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:34 amTony thinks our scummiest 4 should protect her. We coordinate that itt. I understand why, but my scummiest 4 could be the whole maf team gg y'all ;p but yeah, for a day 1 strategy it makes most sense.
I don't understand this. Also lol at having perfect reads and then losing immediately. 10/10, would lose game again. =p
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

OMG coffee tell lock scum tbh

Didn't I even see a coffee tell in my champs game and then proceeded to NOT point it out and then the guy was scum or am I just fantasising?
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

nutella wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:43 pm
Epignosis wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:41 am Well I need space fuel before I continue. :coffee2:
coffee tell :suspish: :haha:
But like seriously. That is classic scum tell.
40 % Alison bussing Epi from D0 because jumping to conclusions is how I play best
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Carotenoid wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:09 am hyijifhinrjdfihbrenjdfhedsi aaaaaaaah multiquote button didn't work bierjnnfierhehuj
*take a deep breathe* it's gonna be okay
anyway

TonyStarkPrime's plan seems to be the best so far, but it's kinda risky to the not-poe-people past n1, if that makes sense. So I propose that we kinda flip it around:

- On odd nights, two top townreads (or like one top townread + 2 midlytownread that can't all be wolves together) protect nutella. And then we could do something like bottom of POE protect the people protecting nutella and all the others only self-protect if they feel the need to.

- On even nights, bottom of POE protect nutella. The rest of the players only self-protect if they feel the need to.

That way, the protection shots are used more horizontally and avoids that town ends up with no shots at the end. Also I feel like unless we specifically coordinate something specific in the thread, bunker shots should only be used on their own slot.
wouldn't it be better the other way around? on even nights when aliens have 2 KP I think I'd rather have more people I trust more protecting me

Idk most of the strategy talk is super hard for me to think about so I'm gonna let yall talk it out and just sit back and hope it works :biggrin:
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:48 pm OMG coffee tell lock scum tbh

Didn't I even see a coffee tell in my champs game and then proceeded to NOT point it out and then the guy was scum or am I just fantasising?
you're not, it happened.

it would be HILARIOUS if epi just coffee-telled tho. i'm telling you, i would die. :biggrin:

epi x dragomir x rej x alison
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

ok another protocultures wall, post 200
mostly makes sense to me but I'm not thinking about it too hard
but yeah. 3 people on me, 4 other bunkers protected, limit aliens to shoot within a particular POE. I like that
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:24 pm
This is confirmed scum y'all. :slick:
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

ok I'm caught up, this is roughly where I'm at

tutuu
nanook
protocultures
tonystarkprime

Long Con
dunya
Soneji
Rej
Alison

Dragomir
Epignosis

bimbo
Carotenoid
Dyslexicon

I know there's way too much yellow in there, I'm waffling a lot but there is an attempt of an order within the yellow
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 266
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

I uh

Actually think >rand Epi is mafia
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Page 3
Dragomir wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:43 amDo you expect players to come right off the bat with game solving in their entry post?
We get it, you know Carot is town, but Dunya doesn't, so give her a break.
dunya wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:52 amBabyyy :omg:
Daaaaarling! :omg:
tutuu wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:05 am im confirmed derp cleared town. i was towny regardless. haters can eat my dab
We stan! Keep it coming, lock town <3
tutuu wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:20 am Maybe you havent eaten breakfast yet drago
Coffee tell by proxy :ponder:
protocultures wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:22 amLong Con – On a meta read without ever having played with them, I simply don’t believe someone with 13k posts would think the aliens would be trying to kill the laser every night.
Why? Protecting Nut is where my mind went first as well. I don't think it's at all scummy to have your concern being not having Nut killed for a guaranteed loss. It's kind of the most glaring part about the setup. As town, my first thought is not "How would I play this if I was scum" believe it or not.
protocultures wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:40 am Ill add anyone to my town circle who finds an error in my math.

Plus its town sided to look through the math in the first place to see if I am for real trying to solve.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

nutella wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:06 pm ok I'm caught up, this is roughly where I'm at

tutuu
nanook
protocultures
tonystarkprime

Long Con
dunya
Soneji
Rej
Alison

Dragomir
Epignosis

bimbo
Carotenoid
Dyslexicon

I know there's way too much yellow in there, I'm waffling a lot but there is an attempt of an order within the yellow
Oh fuck no, what did I do wrong lol
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:10 pm
nutella wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:06 pm ok I'm caught up, this is roughly where I'm at

tutuu
nanook
protocultures
tonystarkprime

Long Con
dunya
Soneji
Rej
Alison

Dragomir
Epignosis

bimbo
Carotenoid
Dyslexicon

Oh fuck no, what did I do wrong lol
So many things already lol. Even more in that page 3 post you just made. :meany:
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

nutella wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:11 pmSo many things already lol. Even more in that page 3 post you just made. :meany:
You're a lousy laser holder.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

dunya wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:31 amlet's give dizzy a town read, because GAME GAME! and because i'm generous.

here's where i'm at:

town, from towniest to least towny:
nutella - Laser Gun Operator
tutuu
Epignosis
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
TonyStarkPrime
protocultures
Alison
Dyslexicon

undecided:
bimbo
Soneji
Carotenoid

alien:
Dragomir
Rej
Long Con
You should have the laser.
Also, I think if Drag is scum it's likelier that he TMIed Carrot as town when he challenged your scum read on her.
dunya wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:43 am
oh no. red alert, this is not a drill, @Dyslexicon we have a coffee tell on our hands ;p
Dragomir wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:42 amYour response didn't move me, I've been town reading you for the majority of this phase so far, but I wanted to check one last time to see if I should lock it or not.

Your suspicion is making zero sense. I wasn't trying to appear as if I haven't been paying attention. Why would I even do that? I flat out haven't been paying much attention until recently. But noticing Carot has only one post is not something that requires much focus. She had the first post in the game iirc(or was it you and she made the next post?) and she has then made no other post. By noticing a post of hers early and none for the rest of the thread, it's pretty easy to conclude that she has one post.

Dunya, I'm not looking at ppl's profiles out here for no reason. Furthermore, I had stated that I had merely glanced at the majority of the posts in the thread so if you guys had called Carot a she, then I missed it.

This suspicion is pretty trivial. Quite frankly, I don't think the reasons you provided are valid.
Purple parts are scummy to me. It reads like you don't think the reasoning is valid like you're suspected for wrong reasons rather than the suspicion being wrong. Also, using Dunya's name just feels slimy. Like you're touching her shoulder and leaning forward but like in a scummy way. =p
Carotenoid wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:09 am hyijifhinrjdfihbrenjdfhedsi aaaaaaaah multiquote button didn't work bierjnnfierhehuj
*take a deep breathe* it's gonna be okay
anyway

TonyStarkPrime's plan seems to be the best so far, but it's kinda risky to the not-poe-people past n1, if that makes sense. So I propose that we kinda flip it around:

- On odd nights, two top townreads (or like one top townread + 2 midlytownread that can't all be wolves together) protect nutella. And then we could do something like bottom of POE protect the people protecting nutella and all the others only self-protect if they feel the need to.

- On even nights, bottom of POE protect nutella. The rest of the players only self-protect if they feel the need to.

That way, the protection shots are used more horizontally and avoids that town ends up with no shots at the end. Also I feel like unless we specifically coordinate something specific in the thread, bunker shots should only be used on their own slot.
^This is a towny post imo. Also strategy I can actually follow and agree on mostly.
Long Con wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:11 am Fortunately most peoples' opinions on who's bunker or alien mean dick squat. Aw, you suspect me? That's cute.
Also shit if Nut sucks and goes rogue. Also slightly boring, possibly.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

tutuu wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:43 pmi wonder if this could be a tiny reverse derp clear. Derp condemn? Like, youre saying that the bunkers should self-protect every night. Youre either maf who didnt see that bunkers can only do it once or ur bunker but u just forgot and like in a vacuum the former is more likely but u can still be town idk
I hadn't retained the self protect only once either before you mentioned it now, if it helps.
Long Con wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:28 pmI WAS trying to be clever. Don't worry, I have unlimited shots.
But I'm lock town. Save it for Drag and Alison or someone. =p
nutella wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:31 pmWuh oh dizzy is an alien red alert
Nut is the real scum I swear. :noble:
dunya wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:47 pmi'm glad on this occasion i'm not maf because i super like u and want to play all the games with u tbh :cloud9:
Creepy post, but I'll get over it.
nutella wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:55 pm ok another protocultures wall, post 200
mostly makes sense to me but I'm not thinking about it too hard
but yeah. 3 people on me, 4 other bunkers protected, limit aliens to shoot within a particular POE. I like that
Something like this, yes. Groups with some known factors (enough protections on you) and some unknown (who else might be protected).
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

But also, holy shit, if Nut misshoots this can go to shits real fast.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Reads:

Town:
Tutu - Towny posts, good reasoning and mulling over of reads. I see nothing wrong.
Proto - Can be town for placing themselves in a position of handing out town cred to people. Making themselves the judge - towny thing.
Dunya - Probably town, and I really want her to be or else I fear it will be very difficult. Seems very proactive and starts getting reads asap. Only played with her once and I was scum that game, but she started giving reads asap there too. Be town.
Nanook - I don't think I've ever seen Nanook as scum, but gut vibe too stronk. I just liked the "Oh no, let's not be embarrassed" and also wanting to come up with a better plan but not having it yet. Just seemed genuine.

Townish:
Carot - I liked her aufhouahdfoajfpo and her reentrance to the thread.
LC - I kind of agree with Tutu's reasoning for town leaning on him. Him assuming scum would target Nut every night. Don't see anything wrong with his posts.
Tony - Maybe ever so slightly, cause I feel like he wanted to take control over strategy in a way that seemed towny. Not just following.

Null:
Epi - I really don't know.
Soneji - No comment.
Alison - I don't know yet. Not great tbh.
Rej - Also not great. Rej was an easy town read for me in a game way back I remember. I get nothing here.
Bimbo - Hi

Scummy:
Drag - Much scum wow. Haven't liked his posts. Feels like he's TMI-ing on Carot, scummy in interaction with Dunya. Also Dunya is never wrong, and if she is it's her fault and not mine.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Nut, you have to talk to me if you're going to suspect me. Or else this is all on you.
Carotenoid
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 321
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/herself

Post by Carotenoid »

Alright [mention]protocultures[/mention] I read your math wallposts and double-checked the %.
For the first part, my conclusion about that is that, yes, from a purely statistical point of view we shouldn't get too neurotic because the odds of loosing N1 are really small. However, it's not because we could random choose who protect nutella that we should. Look at it the other way: if we random pick 3 persons, there's a 29,4% chance (if town is pew pewed D1) / 42,0% chance (if alien is pew pewed D1) to have/waste 3 bunker shots.

Now for the second part:
protocultures wrote:[mention]
For the second part, I suggest we nominate 4 additional people to be bunker saved and identify who will save them. Nutella to nominate if town consensus cannot be found. What does this all achieve?

Without a grand plan, aliens POE into 10 bunkers plus Laser.

With this plan, aliens can ONLY POE into 6 potential players which is now also known to town.

4 of the players are "safe" due to being actually saved or proxy saved because an alien was allocated to bunker someone on a 1KP night. At this stage, we have used 7 bunker saves so far.

This leaves our pool of random bunker shots who I think should save at an average rate something between 1/2 and 1 per night per random bunker with higher weighting to bunker saving on early days to reduce chances of dying with high bunker saves remaining
[/mention]
For the underlined part: well that assumes that the four persons we pick are ALL townies... ? Like I really have trouble imagining actually doing it? And like, I think the "if town consensus cannot be found we just let nutella choose" is kinda bad because nutella doesn't have more info than the rest of town.

And I just didn't understand the part I put in italics, sorry.
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:44 pm But also, holy shit, if Nut misshoots this can go to shits real fast.
if you're town don't look so scummy ldo :shrug2:
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
TonyStarkPrime
Posts in topic: 421
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Rej wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:45 am
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 2:47 pm Aliens (4)

- Have BTSC.
- Win the game is they either eliminate the Laser Gun Operator, or all Bunkers.
- On odds nights, the aliens make one kill together. The kill will work if no Bunkers are protecting the target.
- On even nights, if there are 2 or more aliens alive, the faction can perform up to 2 kills. If both kills aim for the same target, they will only survive if being protected by at least 2 Bunkers. If they aim for different targets, a single Bunker may stop each kill.
ok last post from me before I start a new Minecraft server
@TonyStarkPrime dunno if I skimmed over it, but shouldn't we assign the 4(?) bunkers only for the even nights? since the first night is an odd night we don't have to worry that much with just one protect on nutella
this is allowing people to freely pick or even assign a protect on whoever we think deserves (strategic leader, town leader, main bunker)
maybe assigning is a wrong term to use, but there imho has to be a slight coordination

okay I am out to start a new Minecraft server :llama:
I think 4 is reasonable. With one we risk that one being an alien. I trust no one but myself. Maybe at a later point I’d trust someone else, but this plan seems fine as well.
TonyStarkPrime
Posts in topic: 421
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Carotenoid wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:53 am 2 persons pinged me as bad for the moment :

* Epignosis is like only focused on protecting nutella in a stubborn/non-cooperative way, which is not helping town. They're also only reacting to posts that directly involves them throughout the thread, so they did read the rest, just didn't react. (Also poop reads.)
* Long Con's posts are 3/4 defense and 1/4 dubious mechanic talk, not good.

tutuu
seems the most town to me and I'm still sorting the others
Epi’s town, I think. I have no read on tutuu.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

goddammit ok diz you do actually have p good reads

drago is on the table for lasering but i have some hesitance on him bc i know meta-wise he can look kinda sketchy as town and is more obviously scum as scum it's just hard to draw the line between them
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Actually kind of sucks that my reads have no impact on the yeet if Nut's just decides something else. Thanks I hate it.

I like the setup in terms of creativity and the novelty of it, but I also already kind of hate it. But in a fun way. =p
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

I don't really like that you just said "I don't know/no comment" for all the null people though, like there is definitely room to develop nuanced thoughts on epi for instance
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:58 pm
Carotenoid wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:53 am 2 persons pinged me as bad for the moment :

* Epignosis is like only focused on protecting nutella in a stubborn/non-cooperative way, which is not helping town. They're also only reacting to posts that directly involves them throughout the thread, so they did read the rest, just didn't react. (Also poop reads.)
* Long Con's posts are 3/4 defense and 1/4 dubious mechanic talk, not good.

tutuu
seems the most town to me and I'm still sorting the others
Epi’s town, I think. I have no read on tutuu.
interesting
Image Image Image Image
Image Image

Return to “Previous Heists”