Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 306
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Re: Assassin's Creed Mafia (D1)

Post by Funnygurl555 »

leetic wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:38 pm
Dragomir wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:26 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:24 pm Something is wrong with Long Con. He doesn't usually play with this tight of a grip. Like a rattlesnake getting all coiled up. He often gets suspected early and I'm one of the first to rush to his defense because I recognize his town game but this is off-meta for him and I think he knows it
Would you consider voting for him?
I don't like Drago's tone here, reads like he's more focused on building wagons than anything else. And yes I am working on that post
i agree. what are you gonna do about it leetic?
Sloonei wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:52 pm We are polar opposites in the most delightful way.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 215
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Funnygurl555 wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:44 pm
Long Con wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:33 pm I don't understand anything anyone is saying about me. Normally I love being talked about, but you guys have some dark imaginations. How does FunnyGurl even have an expectation about how I play?
because of something you've said in thread apologizing for not playing much but having something to give

I too am on mobile. no I didn't suggest that I know your playstyle
:shrug:
Dragomir
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 205

Post by Dragomir »

ts account wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:33 pm
Dragomir wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:24 pm
ts account wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:20 pm
Dragomir wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:18 pm I need an explanation as to how I called out two townies and a scum bud. There has yet to be a single one and it's infuriating.
Would you like me to pull out the big imaginary book of mafia again?
Go ahead.
Well, there is a chapter or two dedicated to a rather nebulous concept that I have seen various facets of all referenced as "rule of three" or "rule of thirds". For a multitude of complementary reasons, a wolf will list three players (because groups of three are inherently more satisfying), one of which will be a scumbud, two of which will be townies. This scumtell mostly goes over my head on paper, but it is one of those things that you intuitively understand better than one could explain it to you, like WIFOM. It also refers to the tendency to put two thirds of one's scumbuds into their town reads, and one third into their null/scum reads. Googling this concept does not fetch me any suitable results, either. So, in this instance, you calling out three players specifically is slightly more likely to come from scum, and it is likely that exactly one of the three is a scumbud of yours given you are scum.
This the dumbest scumtell I've ever seen. When you ignore everything else, it sounds all dandy and all but you do you realize how illogical it is. Did my explanation not add up with the action that I took? I believed that the day was ending soon so the wagons that have only one vote are pointless since they won't be getting lynched. So by staying on those wagons and not touching the leading ones, you keep your hands clean and avoid potential incrimination as what you do in the EoD could hurt you later on. In my effort to not let scum get away like this, I call out those who are on a wagon by themselves and express my desire for them to change their votes. I refuse to let any potential scums stay in a comfort zone and not be challenged. If scum are comfortable how can they make any slips? Now, that doesn't mean I believed that Sloo and Mac were scum(LC yes). I just wanted them getting dirty in case if they were scum, they don't stay comfortable.

Does that not make sense? How do you look at a supposed "scumtell" and ignore everything that comes alongside with it in order to assert a scum read on a player? That's not fair nor reasonable.
ts account
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 342

Post by ts account »

Dragomir wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:48 pm This the dumbest scumtell I've ever seen. When you ignore everything else, it sounds all dandy and all but you do you realize how illogical it is. Did my explanation not add up with the action that I took? I believed that the day was ending soon so the wagons that have only one vote are pointless since they won't be getting lynched. So by staying on those wagons and not touching the leading ones, you keep your hands clean and avoid potential incrimination as what you do in the EoD could hurt you later on. In my effort to not let scum get away like this, I call out those who are on a wagon by themselves and express my desire for them to change their votes. I refuse to let any potential scums stay in a comfort zone and not be challenged. If scum are comfortable how can they make any slips? Now, that doesn't mean I believed that Sloo and Mac were scum(LC yes). I just wanted them getting dirty in case if they were scum, they don't stay comfortable.

Does that not make sense? How do you look at a supposed "scumtell" and ignore everything that comes alongside with it in order to assert a scum read on a player? That's not fair nor reasonable.
You seem a little upset. Do you perhaps feel you have been caught for the wrong reasons?
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer

Post by Funnygurl555 »

lc you have vote on turnip head. would you consider voting anyone else atm? who's catching your fancy?

gotta town circle forming? what do you think about me?
Sloonei wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:52 pm We are polar opposites in the most delightful way.
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

leetic wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:38 pm
Dragomir wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:26 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:24 pm Something is wrong with Long Con. He doesn't usually play with this tight of a grip. Like a rattlesnake getting all coiled up. He often gets suspected early and I'm one of the first to rush to his defense because I recognize his town game but this is off-meta for him and I think he knows it
Would you consider voting for him?
I don't like Drago's tone here, reads like he's more focused on building wagons than anything else. And yes I am working on that post
Are you trying to tell me that it's wrong for town to build a wagon on a player that they think is scum?
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

Funnygurl555 wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:43 pm
Dragomir wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:25 pm
Funnygurl555 wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:24 pm ... am I speaking english or what y'all? what is the difference between what I have said about TSP and what epi said? rn its just the person who said it.
You don't want to read tsp because he's voting for someone you're voting. I want to find out as to why that should stop you.
because right now we're agreeing on something and I'd prefer to wait for more information. like, guys...
What kinds info?
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer

Post by Funnygurl555 »

Dragomir wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:50 pm
Funnygurl555 wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:24 pm ... am I speaking english or what y'all? what is the difference between what I have said about TSP and what epi said? rn its just the person who said it.
You don't want to read tsp because he's voting for someone you're voting. I want to find out as to why that should stop you.
because right now we're agreeing on something and I'd prefer to wait for more information. like, guys...
What kinds info?
like, what is leetics alignment? what about ted? what about sloonei who likes leetic? who will tsp spar with in thread?
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

Long Con wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:43 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:39 pm
Long Con wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:37 pm
ts account wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:34 pm
Can you quote some posts that highlight this difference, for those of us who aren't familiar with them?
I would like to see these posts as well.
Why?
Because I always just play how I play, I don't try to play differently, or the same, I just do whatever comes to mind. I thought I'd see what Drago was saying about you held up, but it was really just a trap he was setting, and I was the idiot who fell for it. After I said I don't dance. Shameful. :blush:
I didn't make a trap lol. I actually did think that TH was bad but the way you read was just even worse.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Funnygurl555 wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:49 pm lc you have vote on turnip head. would you consider voting anyone else atm? who's catching your fancy?

I dunno. I'm going out for a bit.
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer

Post by Funnygurl555 »

mikey am I still null to you? how do you even try reading me lol
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 117
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Long Con wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:43 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:39 pm
Long Con wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:37 pm
ts account wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:34 pm
Can you quote some posts that highlight this difference, for those of us who aren't familiar with them?
I would like to see these posts as well.
Why?
Because I always just play how I play, I don't try to play differently, or the same, I just do whatever comes to mind. I thought I'd see what Drago was saying about you held up, but it was really just a trap he was setting, and I was the idiot who fell for it. After I said I don't dance. Shameful. :blush:
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer

Post by Funnygurl555 »

Long Con wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:52 pm
Funnygurl555 wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:49 pm lc you have vote on turnip head. would you consider voting anyone else atm? who's catching your fancy?

ight, see you later :)
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Funnygurl555 wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:53 pm
Long Con wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:52 pm

ight, see you later :)
Don't wait up!
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

ts account wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:49 pm
Dragomir wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:48 pm This the dumbest scumtell I've ever seen. When you ignore everything else, it sounds all dandy and all but you do you realize how illogical it is. Did my explanation not add up with the action that I took? I believed that the day was ending soon so the wagons that have only one vote are pointless since they won't be getting lynched. So by staying on those wagons and not touching the leading ones, you keep your hands clean and avoid potential incrimination as what you do in the EoD could hurt you later on. In my effort to not let scum get away like this, I call out those who are on a wagon by themselves and express my desire for them to change their votes. I refuse to let any potential scums stay in a comfort zone and not be challenged. If scum are comfortable how can they make any slips? Now, that doesn't mean I believed that Sloo and Mac were scum(LC yes). I just wanted them getting dirty in case if they were scum, they don't stay comfortable.

You seem a little upset. Do you perhaps feel you have been caught for the wrong reasons?
Or maybe I'm a town who thinks the cases on me don't make sense?
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

Funnygurl555 wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:51 pm
What kinds info?
like, what is leetics alignment? what about ted? what about sloonei who likes leetic? who will tsp spar with in thread?
Why do you need the first 3 in order to make a read on tsp?
ts account
Corrupt Union Official

Post by ts account »

Funnygurl555 wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:52 pm mikey am I still null to you? how do you even try reading me lol
All I know is, I am afraid of your wolf game xD
I am still thinking about your points with how you read me. You are clearly capable of forming depthful reads as scum, so I am looking at your more shallow reads and wondering if this is scum funnygurl, but struggling to produce depthful content, or town funnygurl, who is dropping tidbits while just taking a more passive role? At this point, I don't see agenda behind your shallow reads, so they are probably more towny than not. But I can't help but be afraid of the bamboozle.
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer

Post by Funnygurl555 »

Dragomir wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:55 pm
What kinds info?
associations are important when making reads for me. tsp is voting for leetic. ted and leetic had a little battle and dont look like wolf buddies. sloonei is town reading who tsp is voting for and started doing so pretty early

none of these could definitively solve tsp, but it helps
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer

Post by Funnygurl555 »

ts account wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:56 pm
Funnygurl555 wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:52 pm mikey am I still null to you? how do you even try reading me lol
All I know is, I am afraid of your wolf game xD
I am still thinking about your points with how you read me. You are clearly capable of forming depthful reads as scum, so I am looking at your more shallow reads and wondering if this is scum funnygurl, but struggling to produce depthful content, or town funnygurl, who is dropping tidbits while just taking a more passive role? At this point, I don't see agenda behind your shallow reads, so they are probably more towny than not. But I can't help but be afraid of the bamboozle.
you gotta T R U S T :) we can do this together buddy
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 212

Post by MacDougall »

Dragomir wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:48 pm
Dragomir wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:18 pm I need an explanation as to how I called out two townies and a scum bud. There has yet to be a single one and it's infuriating.
Go ahead.
Well, there is a chapter or two dedicated to a rather nebulous concept that I have seen various facets of all referenced as "rule of three" or "rule of thirds". For a multitude of complementary reasons, a wolf will list three players (because groups of three are inherently more satisfying), one of which will be a scumbud, two of which will be townies. This scumtell mostly goes over my head on paper, but it is one of those things that you intuitively understand better than one could explain it to you, like WIFOM. It also refers to the tendency to put two thirds of one's scumbuds into their town reads, and one third into their null/scum reads. Googling this concept does not fetch me any suitable results, either. So, in this instance, you calling out three players specifically is slightly more likely to come from scum, and it is likely that exactly one of the three is a scumbud of yours given you are scum.
This the dumbest scumtell I've ever seen. When you ignore everything else, it sounds all dandy and all but you do you realize how illogical it is. Did my explanation not add up with the action that I took? I believed that the day was ending soon so the wagons that have only one vote are pointless since they won't be getting lynched. So by staying on those wagons and not touching the leading ones, you keep your hands clean and avoid potential incrimination as what you do in the EoD could hurt you later on. In my effort to not let scum get away like this, I call out those who are on a wagon by themselves and express my desire for them to change their votes. I refuse to let any potential scums stay in a comfort zone and not be challenged. If scum are comfortable how can they make any slips? Now, that doesn't mean I believed that Sloo and Mac were scum(LC yes). I just wanted them getting dirty in case if they were scum, they don't stay comfortable.

Thou doth protest too much
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

Funnygurl555 wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:00 pm
Dragomir wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:55 pm
What kinds info?
associations are important when making reads for me. tsp is voting for leetic. ted and leetic had a little battle and dont look like wolf buddies. sloonei is town reading who tsp is voting for and started doing so pretty early

none of these could definitively solve tsp, but it helps
Ok. This sounds like it makes sense, but I don't really understand.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:02 pm
Dragomir wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:48 pm
Go ahead.

Thou doth protest too much
When you need to shut down a bad argument, sometimes you have you to speak a lot.
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:03 pm

I need an explanation for why I look an upset scum instead of an upset townie.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I am still near certain that speedchuck is a wolf.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Dragomir wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:04 pm

An upset town tends to not need to make a case that the logic and reason being used is incorrect, just that it is being incorrectly applied in the circumstances. Upset scum will make silly statements like "this is the dumbest scumtell I've ever seen" because you have a much more significant self preservation requirement in this game than a random villager would.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Why did you ask Sloonei, LC and myself to switch our votes to a major wagon. Why specifically us three?
ts account
Corrupt Union Official

Post by ts account »

Dragomir wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:54 pm
Attempting to dismantle an established scumtell does not seem a towny-driven method to escape the noose, in my opinion. I find it interesting that both times I have brought up established scumtells, you have resorted to attacking the legitimacy of the scumtell itself, anyway.
ts account
Corrupt Union Official

Post by ts account »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:08 pm Why did you ask Sloonei, LC and myself to switch our votes to a major wagon. Why specifically us three?
It is because you three are on vanity wagons currently, Dragomir has already said this.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

ts account wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:10 pm
Attempting to dismantle an established scumtell does not seem a towny-driven method to escape the noose, in my opinion. I find it interesting that both times I have brought up established scumtells, you have resorted to attacking the legitimacy of the scumtell itself, anyway.
Aight so what else you got going on? Any other suspects? Who else do you town read?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

ts account wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:12 pm
MacDougall wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:08 pm Why did you ask Sloonei, LC and myself to switch our votes to a major wagon. Why specifically us three?
It is because you three are on vanity wagons currently, Dragomir has already said this.
Ah yep yep duly noted.
ts account
Corrupt Union Official

Post by ts account »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:12 pm
Aight so what else you got going on? Any other suspects? Who else do you town read?
Right now, I am mostly concerned that I have not felt a desire to sponge other players' reads into my own worldbuilding. I also worry about most of my town leans having some kind of issue, like ted's apparent flip on me seemingly out of nowhere, or turnip head's willingness to engage in sloonei/ts scumbud rhetoric. I think town overall is not playing as well as we could be. However, if you are town then you have a history of consistently bagging wolves, so I would like to see more bigposts from you in the future, especially if you rip in the night. Funnygurl is right on Long Con, they seem to be promising quite a bit and giving quite little. Turnip Head claims to have a solid meta read on Long Con and also does not like them. Aside from these things, my most recent reads list remains true. Although, leetic did say a bigpost from them was coming. I look forward to that.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 752
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

I still don’t care about supposed scum tells. What did Dragomir do and why did he do it?
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

ts account wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:19 pmFunnygurl is right on Long Con, they seem to be promising quite a bit and giving quite little.

Fake news.
Turnip Head claims to have a solid meta read on Long Con and also does not like them.
I don't even know the guy.
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer

Post by Funnygurl555 »

tr me mikey. DO IT
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Mac and ts account are probably my most solid town reads.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ts account
Corrupt Union Official

Post by ts account »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:23 pm I still don’t care about supposed scum tells. What did Dragomir do and why did he do it?
I believe Dragomir was bringing up multiple names and looking for either resistance or support, to help push the EOD to somewhere they were more comfortable with as scum. It seems they have a pattern of asking "who would vote for this player? Would you vote for this player?" I can see a townie trying to shake things up near EOD if they feel that scum are controlling the narrative, but I have not seen hints from Dragomir to suggest that they believe this could be the case. It really does just look like they are trying to find a safe lynch.
ts account
Corrupt Union Official

Post by ts account »

Funnygurl555 wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:23 pm tr me mikey. DO IT
This is when I like to have a cop check, so that I can check you and come in tomorrow being confident that my friend is town with me. I can't give blind faith like you...
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

ts account wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:27 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:23 pm I still don’t care about supposed scum tells. What did Dragomir do and why did he do it?
I believe Dragomir was bringing up multiple names and looking for either resistance or support, to help push the EOD to somewhere they were more comfortable with as scum. It seems they have a pattern of asking "who would vote for this player? Would you vote for this player?" I can see a townie trying to shake things up near EOD if they feel that scum are controlling the narrative, but I have not seen hints from Dragomir to suggest that they believe this could be the case. It really does just look like they are trying to find a safe lynch.
I don’t object.

I an still unsure what to do with Drago. He has been mislynched for silly things in the past, but that doesn’t absolve him of anything here.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:07 pm

An upset town tends to not need to make a case that the logic and reason being used is incorrect, just that it is being incorrectly applied in the circumstances. Upset scum will make silly statements like "this is the dumbest scumtell I've ever seen" because you have a much more significant self preservation requirement in this game than a random villager would.
Ok, this makes sense. But honestly, I don't really give a shit about how an upset town doesn't need to do that or what an upset scum says. I will speak my mind. Not gonna let general mafia rules stop me.
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

Dude, I literally told you I made an explanation for this earlier, and I told you to go look for it. You refused. Also, I made the same explanation in the massive post you I made against ts.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I am officially vetoing Long Con suspicion for the remainder of this day.
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

Dude...I gave my reason for why I did that. Why don't you believe that reason?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Dragomir wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:34 pm
Dude, I literally told you I made an explanation for this earlier, and I told you to go look for it. You refused. Also, I made the same explanation in the massive post you I made against ts.
TS already told me sit down buddy. Also I never refused don't talk shit or you gonna get hit brah.
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer

Post by Funnygurl555 »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:36 pm I am officially vetoing Long Con suspicion for the remainder of this day.
why
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Dragomir wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:33 pm
MacDougall wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:07 pm

Ok, this makes sense. But honestly, I don't really give a shit about how an upset town doesn't need to do that or what an upset scum says. I will speak my mind. Not gonna let general mafia rules stop me.
Nobody asked you to. The nature of the game lends itself to analysing what people do through a lens of what is ordinarily expected of them mon frere.
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

Tell me, what would you do in my situation?
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:29 pm
I don’t object.

I an still unsure what to do with Drago. He has been mislynched for silly things in the past, but that doesn’t absolve him of anything here.
You can't just null read me and move on?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Funnygurl555 wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:37 pm
MacDougall wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:36 pm I am officially vetoing Long Con suspicion for the remainder of this day.
why
1 - The amount of chatter about him being suspicious is unwarranted and is consistently based on untruths.
2 - The amount of anti LC chatter makes me think that there are at least wolf or wolves pushing that narrative, and in this current threadstate there is no cause for distancing or bussing.

I think that an LC lynch day one is very likely to flip a townie.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 123

Post by speedchuck »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:03 pm
tedxtr wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:01 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:00 pm Turnip Head is town.
I'm having trouble seeing your world building. You have quite the townreads, what's the PoE?
Ted is mafia.
I'm completely the reverse on you here sloon
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”